Linter Saw Sharpener Job Description Sample
FRL Tools Software Engineer
React Software Engineer
Plant Production Trainer-Pork Fabrication
Remote Software Developer (Gomo/Kzo) US (3093)
Hi! My name is Emma. Nice to meet you!
I'm the lead developer for a product called Instilled, and we need your help building the best all-remote development team possible. You’ll be entrusted with the freedom and independence to go out and do your best work, and have the opportunity to make a real, outsized contribution to an entirely new culture and identity. And so, if that sounds appealing to you, read on: We’d like you to join us.
Our product is a video delivery platform—think of it like an enterprise YouTube—but it has the potential to be something bigger. We believe it can form the core of a next-generation learning product that consolidates all of an organization’s learning content into a single platform, making it easy for learners to find relevant content and for companies to make sense of all the data these learning activities generate. This is a unique opportunity, because Instilled already has a stable and profitable customer base, but this new direction gives us the chance to tap into a large new market.
We'll be honest: like many companies, we find ourselves facing down the impending end-of-life of AngularJS. We're going to have to rewrite our frontend, and we need somebody with the high-level experience to lead the charge on design and implementation, with the aid of one other full-time frontend dev. Because we will be rewriting so much, you'll have a lot of influence in determining the particular technologies you'll be working with. And while we're making massive changes in the design, it will be a good opportunity to do a thorough UX review of the software, to make sure we're really delivering on our promise of an e-learning platform that's a joy for learners to use.
Excellent applicants will share our values, namely:
- A strong commitment to testing. If we're going to redesign an app from the ground up, then we want to make sure it's tested from the very first release.
- Fluency with UX design concepts. We’ll have some help from a UX designer, but many times we’re going to rely on you to tell us whether that selector should be a dropdown or a radio button.
- Excellent communication skills. You're going to be making some big decisions, and you will have to convince the rest of your team that these are the right decisions—and then document those decisions, so that new team members can jump in as needed.
- Self-directedness. You own your work and take responsibility for getting it done because your team members are counting on you. Sometimes this means going heads down and just coding. Sometimes it means knowing when to ask for help. But, in all cases, you are the engine driving your work to completion.
- Helpfulness. There is nothing worse in a remote position than feeling stuck. That’s why it’s important to be the kind of person who is willing to help a coworker—to offer insight from when you’ve worked on that same code or to rubber-duck a difficult bug—because we’re all in this together and we’ll all need it in return someday.
- “Reading Comprehension.” There is a product with a storied history here, written by people who knew what they were doing. We may be rewriting a large portion of it, but we must preserve existing functionality. You need to be able to make sense of other people’s legacy code and change it carefully.
- Willingness to speak up. We have a lot of things to figure out—from considering far-reaching architectural decisions, to configuring our linter for tabs or spaces, to figuring out an optimal meeting schedule, to creating an even more welcoming space for our team. We want people who aren’t afraid to speak up and push to make things better.
How to Apply
If this is interesting to you, include a cover letter in your application, letting us know why you'd be a great fit for the team. We take culture very seriously, and we cannot evaluate a culture fit from a resume alone: the cover letter is the most important part!
- Tell us about what interests you about this job specifically.
- Tell us about the kind of developer you are, what motivates you, how you approach your work, and the kinds of problems you've solved. Don't just list technologies you've worked with—tell us why you love the tools you’ve used.
- Better yet, tell us about a situation or project where you demonstrated the qualities above.
- Tell us whether you prefer tabs or spaces (just kidding).
- Note that applicants must be geographically located in the US and have legal right to work in the US.
If we move forward, you'll be asked to participate in a quick phone screen and then to complete a brief take-home technical test, followed by a remote interview/screenshare.
We're looking forward to hearing from you soon!
In addition to vacation benefits, you will be eligible upon your date of hire to participate in our health benefits program which includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, HSA and FSA plans as well as short-term and long-term disability and company paid life insurance. Additionally, you will be eligible to participate in our 401(k) plan.
The salary range for this role is $80,000 - $105,000, dependent on experience.
About the company:
The gomo learning suite provides three multi-award-winning products that allow you to create, host, update, distribute and track beautiful multi-device eLearning. With gomo authoring, you can create truly responsive and adaptive HTML5 content that looks perfect on all devices, including desktops, tablets, and smartphones. With gomo hosting and analytics, you can get content into the hands of learners instantly via websites, direct link, QR code, the gomo LMS wrapper, social media, the gomo central mobile learning app and more – all with full xAPI analytics. And with gomo video, you can repurpose, enhance, disseminate and track video content with speed and confidence.
With an ever-growing client base including Nike, Jaguar Land Rover, Shell, EE, Royal Mail Group, Santander, British Airways, Rentokil Initial, United Healthcare, the BBC, Norton Healthcare, Booking.com, and many more, gomo is quickly becoming the established choice for global organizations seeking collaborative, future-proof and responsive HTML5 multi-device eLearning.
gomo is part of Learning Technologies Group plc’s award-winning group of specialist learning technology businesses.
For more, visit gomolearning.com.
Summary - Job Responsibilities – Activities:
Program, set up and operate a computer numerical control (CNC) machine to produce machined parts.
- Plans machining by studying work orders, blueprints and checking material stock.
- Programs mills and lathes by entering instructions, including zero and reference points, offsets.
- Calculating requirements including basic math, geometry, trigonometry; proving part programs.
- Set up mills and lathes by installing and adjusting chucks, tools, collets, bushings, cams, gears, stops and stock pushers.
- Load material.
- Verifies settings by measuring positions, first-run part and sample pieces.
- Maintains specifications by observing cutting, drilling, grooving, turning, facing, knurling and thread chasing operations.
- Troubleshoot processes; adjusting and reprogramming controls; sharpening and replacing worn tools; following quality assurance procedures and processes.
- Address preventive maintenance requirements, troubleshoot malfunctions and request repairs.
- Other duties as assigned
Education - Experience:
* High school diploma or Equivalent
* Programming or operation experience of CNC mills or lathes.
* Technical school or training related to CNCs.
Required Skills, Competencies, Authorities and Training Needs:
• G and M Code Programming
• Detail Oriented
• Verbal Communication
• Tooling Setup
Bottom line requirements we need notes on with candidate submittal:
1. CNC programming, setup, and operation experience.
(If you're concerned with the perks and benefits and what the organizational structure/philosophy is - we get it - scroll down to check them out - then scroll back up to see what you'll be doing while enjoying all the pizazz of being a part of Llama Nation.)
As a Software Engineer II you will be responsible for developing in a local website environment, deploying to stage environments for client testing and quality assurance, teaming up with a Technical Lead to deploy final development to the production environment, and working with the Project Management team to make solution recommendations and/or provide estimates as needed.
Classy Llama has an agile software development environment where you will be part of a team serving our clients. We work in sprints, prioritize the client backlog, and break work down into manageable pieces. We do client show & tell, have retrospectives, and focus on learning through experimentation. We are focused on consistent improvement and growth and building each other up through encouragement and clear feedback.
It is expected that you will be passion driven, have an ever increasing love for embracing technology and seeing our clients and those that surround you succeed. We love working together and are united around what matters. We love to learn, and to share that learning amongst our team. It is your goal to see all of this happen! If you have never worked with Magento before, consider this a challenge to sharpen your skills as an individual, all the while serving others and passionately pursuing what you love doing.
- Client conversations about features and technical recommendations
- Program custom Magento features, themes, and integrations
- Fix bugs and install extensions
- Work with Technical Lead to evaluate requirements and complete tasks
- Work with Project Manager to communicate technical dependencies
- 3+ years of experience programming in PHP 5 and 7, Java or another similar object-oriented language
- 1-2 years of MySQL or other relational database experience
- 2+ years of web development experience
- An understanding of the Model-View-Controller paradigm and other basic design patterns
- Experience working with a version control system such as Subversion or Git
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong personal leadership ability
- Ability to work well in a team development environment
- Passionate about technology with a sharp attention to detail
- Proven experience functioning in a technology environment with a high degree of competence
Desired Skills, Abilities and Characteristics
- Proven ability to construct scalable Magento modules
- Experience administering LAMP stacks
- Knowledge of Zend Framework, particularly the DBAL
- Familiarity with Eclipse, Netbeans, or PhpStorm and the Xdebug PHP extension
- Proficiency with Mac OS X (our primary development environment)
- Experience working in a *nix command line environment
Why it’s Awesome Being a Llama
Teammates and leaders that connect with and empower you
Unlimited Coffee and (mostly) healthy snacks
Full transparency from all levels of leadership
Personal Development Library
Llama Birthday lunches
Monthly team lunches
Ping Pong table and Oculus VR and the occasional appearance of retro gaming systems
Creative Commons area with comfy chairs and couches
BENEFITS & PERKS
About Classy Llama
Why do we exist?
Laboratory Technician (Entry-Level) - Land
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!