Loading Machine Tool Setter Job Description Sample
CNC Tool Setter
POSITION SUMMARY – Responsible for supporting the production cells. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals to perform the essential functions.
WORK ENVIRONMENT— Must be willing and able to work in an environment exposed to elements that can include but are not limited to coolant, dust, mist, elevated noise, and uncontrolled temperatures.
- Set up CNC Mills, tube benders, saws, etc.
- Load programs
- Adjust benders
- Program offsets inside controller
- Adjust saws
- Tend machines
- Read blueprints
- Use and understand gaging
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Strong mechanical skills
Ability to read hand tools and measuring tools
Ability to troubleshoot
Familiarity with CNC machines
- Understanding of G & M codes
- Ability to run a fork lift when necessary
Education: High School Graduate, GED, or HSDE preferred
Experience: Two years CNC experience preferred
Must demonstrate computer literacy
Certificates & Licenses: Valid Driver’s License preferred; must pass written and driving test for forklift certification in order to operate forklift when necessary
Available to be on call outside of normal work hours
About Continental With sales of €39.2 billion in 2015, Continental is among the leading automotive suppliers worldwide and currently employs more than 215,000 employees in 55 countries. The Chassis & Safety division develops and produces integrated active and passive driving safety technologies as well as products that support vehicle dynamics.
The product portfolio ranges from electronic and hydraulic brake and chassis control systems to sensors, advanced driver assistance systems, airbag electronics and sensorics as well as electronic air suspension systems all the way to windscreen washer systems and headlight cleaning nozzles. The focus lies on a high level of system competence and the networking of individual components. Thus products and system functions are developed along the SensePlanAct chain of effects.
They form the foundation for automated driving. Chassis & Safety employs more than 40,000 people worldwide and generated sales of approximately €8.4 billion in 2015.
Auto req ID 70566BR
Job Description Reporting directly to the shift supervisor, responsible for the overall quality and production output of dedicated machines. Act as “Cell Lead”, providing direction and training to machine operator as needed. • Conduct “preflight” checklist items at beginning of each shift to have machine at maximum efficiency to include: Check fluids and maintain fills as needed Inspects all fixtures and datums at beginning of shift and make repairs as needed Perform Quality checks per established Control Plan at beginning of each shift monitor gauges for calibration. Analyzes results of CMM reports and reacts accordingly (using proper understanding of machine tooling), up to and including radius comps and tool monitoring systems. Use DataPage to Analyze SPC data from CMM reports and reacts accordingly Ensure correct materials is staged and ready Ensure 5S standards for each machine are met and maintained • Conducts tool changes, evaluates tooling wear or breakage issues, stages tools for upcoming tool changes per specified instruction and periodically reviews information with engineering. Confirms tooling instructions remain current. • Coordinates product flow to and from machines, communicates with material handlers regarding upcoming changeovers and monitors material characteristics (rust, correct labeling, etc.) • Approves completed production quantity as described by Inspection Plan • Conducts machine/product changeovers with assistance of operator as requested • Responsible to troubleshoot and repair minor mechanical and automation issues to assigned machines including the change of coolant filters. Issues work orders into Maintenance System for repairs beyond scope of Setter. • Become involved in Preventive Maintenance activities by monitoring fluids and lubricant usage levels, detecting leaks or breaks to equipment. Support maintenance as requested. • Evaluate and dispositions all scrap at end of shift. • Compliance to all Continental and Henderson plant permits, policies and procedures including, but not limited to, environmental, health, safety, security, ISO 14001 and Environmental Management systems, TS 16949 and Quality Management Systems, Human Resources policies, and Continental Business System elements. • Verify all safety devices are in place and remain in place, are operational. Inspects work areas for potential safety hazards. • Immediately communicates production nonconformances to Supervisor and Quality representative. Actively engage in 8D problem solving teams to resolve customer issues. Ensures conformance to all Quality procedures, alerts and operator instructions remain current. High School Diploma or GED required Minimum bronze level CRC (Career Readiness Certificate) required Technical Diploma (1 year) preferred Associates Degree work in related field also preferred. 35 Years General Machining Experience Knowledge of hydraulics and pneumatics Knowledge of machining processes, gauging Ability to read and understand mechanical blueprints Understands principles, concepts and application of SPC reporting Knowledge of cutting tools, their application and tool wear Understanding Quality procedures and approved processes Ability to interpret and react to CMM results Knowledge of CNC machining and understanding of programs and offsets or basic metrology understanding Basic mechanical troubleshooting ability Effective communication skills Ability and willingness to lead and train others in systematic manner Must have good personal organization skills Good basic computer skills, able to maneuver within office software systems and maintain charts, correspondence, etc. Forklift Certification (as required)
Job Requirements High School Diploma or GED required Minimum bronze level CRC (Career Readiness Certificate) required Technical Diploma (1 year) preferred Associates Degree work in related field also preferred. 35 Years General Machining Experience Knowledge of hydraulics and pneumatics Knowledge of machining processes, gauging Ability to read and understand mechanical blueprints Understands principles, concepts and application of SPC reporting Knowledge of cutting tools, their application and tool wear Understanding Quality procedures and approved processes Ability to interpret and react to CMM results Knowledge of CNC machining and understanding of programs and offsets or basic metrology understanding Basic mechanical troubleshooting ability Effective communication skills Ability and willingness to lead and train others in systematic manner Must have good personal organization skills Good basic computer skills, able to maneuver within office software systems and maintain charts, correspondence, etc. Forklift Certification (as required)
EEO Statement EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply.
If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to North.America.Recruiting@continental-corporation.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.209.4000.
Division Footer Text Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
Tool And Die Setter
SRG is hiring for a Die Setter for 2nd shift at JNM in Glasgow KY. MUST HAVE DIE SETTING
Pay: $18.00 to $22.00
The Die Setter is responsible for ensuring efficient changeover of die setup in the safest manner possible. The die setter must have hoist & crane operation certification, a lift truck license, and must work well in a team environment. You will be responsible for independently completing coil changes and set up of coils in presses. The die setter must have a clear understanding of die set up and tear down procedures. This position requires endurance and size to bolt down dies and follow die setup sheets.
· Proper set up of dies in press
· Removal of die from press
· Set up of End of Arm Tooling
· Adjustments to tooling
· Proper completion of press sheets
· Assisting with Machine Repair
· Work on press as an Operator when required
· Uphold all health & safety rules and regulations per JNM/WMT Health & Safety Manual and Ontario’s Occupational Health & Safety Act
· Uphold all employment standards, company policies and procedures
· Prompt and regular attendance and working all assigned hours
· Perform any other duties, as required
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent
- Valid forklift license
- Hoist and crane operation certification
Work Experience Requirements
- Minimum 2 years’ experience with stamping presses
- Competent in die setup and change overs
Knowledge & Skills Requirements
- Required skill and knowledge of die setting trade
- Ability to trouble shoot stamping dies in a stamping press
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and written
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and work under pressure
- Organizational abilities with task prioritization, multi-tasking, use of timelines and time management techniques
- Strong work ethic and ability to work in a team atmosphere
- Strong problem solving skills
- 44 - 60 hours per week as scheduled
- Day, afternoon, midnight and weekend shifts
- Plant Environment
- Exposure to loud noise.
Want to learn more about SRG? Please copy and paste the link below!https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynE71XbgmUo
Job Type: Full-time
Receives, stores, sets and issues hand tools, machine tools, dies, materials, and other equipment necessary for the machining operation. Inspects, tests, and adjusts new and reworked tools, dies, gauges, jigs, and fixtures, for conformance to specifications, such as dimensions, tolerances, and hardness, applying knowledge of tool and die design, shop mathematics, and machining and testing procedures, using precision measuring instruments, testing equipment, and hand tools.Responsible for setting of tools, organization of tooling and supplies, proper inventory, fulfilling requests for supplies timely, completing data entry of information accurately.
Knowledge of basic machining principles, ability to read specifications and blueprints. Must have excellent memory, ability to learn quickly and work both independently and within a team
High School Diploma or GED required. Vocational training in machining preferred.Career path can extend to advanced tool technician position or into machinist training.We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status
Ammunition Tool Setter
Responsible for the maintenance and upkeep of equipment, maintain quality, and production.
1. Analyze and improve processes and activities for a more efficient way to run production.
2. Work with engineers for more efficient machine parts to improve production 25 percent.
3. Create a standard operating procedure for the taper line and improved training procedures.
4. Maintained the maintenance and repair production machines.
Education and/or Experience
College degree or relevant substantial, engineering and project management experience.
Blending our rich Native heritage our soaring business enterprise, the Choctaw Nation of Oklahoma is the perfect place to start your career! Our success is directly related to our associates relentless focus on results, growth, and innovation. Our talented, motivated members of our Choctaw Nation team continue to accelerate business segment leadership, while serving over 200,000 tribal members. The Choctaw Nation is creating an inspiring, inclusive and welcoming workplace for all associates.
To enhance the lives of all members through opportunities designed to develop healthy, successful and productive lifestyles.
To achieve healthy, successful, productive, and self-sufficient lifestyles for a proud nation of Choctaws.
Tool And Die Setter II
Manpower is currently hiring Tool and Die Setters for one of our clients in Clanton AL.
These are full-time Permanent roles. Send in your resume if you qualify:
- Requires setup experience in relation to fabrication; stamping, bending, press manufacturing
- Requires good hand-eye coordination
- Requires patient, quality conscious work ethic regarding detail of work.
- Requires technical background experience and training.
- Ability to use machine tools and precision measuring equipment required to perform set up procedures.
- Physically able to lift up to 50lbs.
- Must be able to work in a teamwork environment.
Machine & Tool Designer I
PDS Tech, Inc. is seeking a candidate for Machine & Tool Designer I position located in Clearfield, UT. Please contact Jonas at: email@example.com or 480.212.0845
• Develop tooling and machine design concepts and support Tool and Machine Design Engineers in creating 3D models and drawings in TcUA (Product lifecycle management system) • Insure models and drawings meet all department standards and customer requirements. • Present models and drawings in design reviews to ensure safety, quality, delivery, cost objectives and customer satisfaction with design from all team members. • Manage multiple projects and customers while creating efficient designs to meet the program cost and schedule requirements. • Work with internal customers to concept needed support equipment for new and existing programs. • Work closely with Tool and Machine Design Engineers to create final drawings and meet design costs and schedules. • Review models, drawings and designs for manufacturability. • Ability to effectively problem solve with a team. • Support continuous improvement both personal and as a team.
• 4 year BS Design and Drafting or equivalent experience • Working knowledge of GD&T. • Knowledge of MS Office. • Familiar with machine design and aircraft tooling. • Ability to work in a team environment. • Ability and willingness to work overtime as necessary is required. • Experience with model checking for accuracy and model integrity. • Experience with creating drawings. • CATIA V5, TcUA, NX or other 3D modeling software a plus. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
Machine Tool Field Service Engineer
Machine Tool Field Service Engineer Reports To: Service Manager Job Type / Salary:
Full Time / Hourly Location:Saint Paul, MN Matsuura Machinery USA (MMU), located in St. Paul, MN is the master importer of Matsuura machining centers in the United States. We deliver unmatched excellence in high speed and high precision CNC machine tools.
As the U.S. subsidiary of Matsuura Machinery Corporation in Japan, Matsuura USA provides the premium service, applications, and technical field support that have always been the Matsuura standard for business. As we continue to expand and grow, we are seeking proficient and knowledgeable individuals who are
Install Repair Technician - Heavy Equipment / Machine Tool Electrician
· Install and maintain distribution and control equipment such as circuit breaker panel boards, fuse enclosures, switch boxes, pull-boxes and related devices. Splice, join and connect wire to form circuits.
· Provide team and individual leadership. Read and interpret electrical and mechanical drawings and electrical code specifications to determine wiring installations. Cut, thread, bend, assemble and install conduits and other types of electrical conductor enclosures and fittings. Lay out, assemble, install, repair, maintain, connect and test electrical fixtures, apparatus control equipment and wiring for lights, heat and power systems.
· Must be able to work both independently and within a team environment. Required to travel to customer site. Must be able to multitask, prioritize, show extreme resourcefulness and problem solving skills, and perform well under pressure.
Machine Tool Electrician
Must have at least 5 years experience in Machine Tool Electrical.
installation of automation machinery.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!