Davis-Besse Plant Attendant
Davis-Besse Plant Attendant
Oak Harbor, OH, US, 43449
Job Function: Nuclear Generation
Employee Type: Reg Full Time (FT)
Requisition ID: 15164
FirstEnergy at a Glance
FirstEnergy (NYSE: FE) is dedicated to safety, reliability and operational excellence. Headquartered in Akron, Ohio, FirstEnergy includes one of the nation's largest investor-owned electric systems, more than 24,000 miles of transmission lines that connect the Midwest and Mid-Atlantic regions, and a generating fleet with a total capacity of more than 5,000 megawatts.
About the Opportunity
This is an open position with FirstEnergy Nuclear Operating Company (FENOC), a subsidiary of FirstEnergy Corp. [DBN]
Under directive supervision, assists employees of higher classification; under general directive supervision operates, performs maintenance, monitoring and tagging of selected plant equipment; under general directive supervision trains employees as assigned.
1. Performing skilled, accurate, operation, maintenance, monitoring, and tagging of selected safety and non-safety related equipment in the power plant as described in the Davis-Besse Auxiliary Operator qualification card and other related qualification cards derived from the Job Task Analysis.
2. Performing work requiring moderate physical exertion with some heavy muscular effort.
3. Performing analysis, utilizing considerable independent judgement, of the operation of equipment in the power plant. Performing corrective actions for normal and abnormal conditions of equipment within the limits of established practices and standards.
4. Performing assigned duties of the fire brigade as described in the Job Task Analysis.
5. Performing housekeeping duties as assigned.
6. Performing work requiring extreme care due to the considerable opportunity for committing errors which may cause considerable expense to the company.
7. Being responsible for own personal performance as a source of serious hazard to other employees.
8. Performing work involving hazardous chemicals and exposure to health hazards including ionizing radiation requiring special protective equipment. Working on or about high pressure and high heat equipment in which dangerous breaks or explosions are a possibility.
9. Being responsible for company property such as tools, equipment, and appliances.
10. Working with confidential, proprietary, or safeguarded information.
11. Performing work involving frequent contacts with outside organizations on matters, where personal conduct and appearance reflect on the company.
12. Making day-to-day contacts with other departments, requiring the obtaining or giving of detailed information or services.
13. Performing work independently, reporting to supervision regularly.
14. Performing work involving occasional supervision of a small group.
15. Directing and training employees as assigned.
1. Must meet the Company's requirements as to General Qualifications. In addition, must satisfy one of the following or an equivalent combination thereof:
a) Four (4) year military nuclear experience in which the required training courses were completed satisfactorily;
b) Two (2) year degree in nuclear or technical education;
c) High school graduate having completed courses in algebra and physics or the equivalent, and four (4) years steam plant experience.
2. Have completed the Davis-Besse training courses necessary for the certification of a Davis-Besse Auxiliary Operator as defined in the Davis-Besse training procedures.
3. Complete the Davis-Besse Auxiliary Operator and Fire Brigade qualification cards, as described in the Davis-Besse training procedures.
4. Capable of completing Davis-Besse Equipment Operator qualification cards and other qualification cards as described in Davis-Besse training procedures.
5. Capable of obtaining a State of Ohio Stationary Engineers License.
6. Successful completion of EEI POSS C/MASS Test.
7. Successful completion of Math Comprehensive Exam.
We administer selection tests for a variety of positions. The required tests have been developed by the Edison Electric Institute (EEI), a trade association of investor-owned electric utility companies. We strongly encourage potential employees to review all information, including the sample test brochures, and to use the available practice tests before taking the actual tests. Click this link to access the practice tests. You will be prompted for a name and password. Use firstenergy for both.
Practice tests provide sample questions and detailed discussions of the correct answers. It's important to take the practice test as you would the actual one, with similar intensity and concentration. You must have Adobe Acrobat Reader on your computer.
Note: EEI website does not allow access to actual tests. Testing is held at various locations throughout our service territory based on where the job is located.
Benefits, Compensation & Workforce Diversity
At FirstEnergy, employees are key to our success. We depend on their talents to meet the challenges of our changing business environment. We are committed to rewarding individual and team efforts through our total rewards philosophy which includes competitive pay plus incentive compensation, a company-sponsored pension plan, 401(k) savings plan with matching employer contribution, a choice of medical, prescription drug, dental, vision, and life insurance programs, as well as skills development training with tuition reimbursement. Please visit our website at www.firstenergycorp.com to learn more about all of our employee rewards programs. FirstEnergy proudly supports workforce diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with a disability. No recruiters or agencies without a previously signed contract. Unable to sponsor or transfer H-1B visas at this time.
Safety is a core value for FirstEnergy and is essential to all of our business activities. We ensure employees have the tools, information, and processes to perform their duties in a manner that assures safety for themselves, their co-workers, our customers and the public. Our goals are to provide a safe work environment, to maintain an accident-free, injury-free workplace, and to promote and maintain public safety. To meet these goals, we dedicate ourselves to achieving world-class safety standards.
FirstEnergy Human Resources Team
POST JOBS FOR FREE