Lockstitch Machine Operator Job Description Sample
United States Tulsa: Machine Operator - Sr Machine Operator
We are looking for the right people — people who want to innovate, achieve, grow and lead. We attract and retain the best talent by investing in our employees and empowering them to develop themselves and their careers. Experience the challenges, rewards and opportunity of working for one of the world's largest providers of products and services to the global energy industry.
Job Posting Title: United States Tulsa: Machine Operator
Description from Job Capsule: Under general supervision, sets up, adjusts, and operates a variety of machine tools which may include numerical control/computerized numeric control lathes, mills, drills, computerized numerical control/numerical control and /or manual machines.
May be required to read blueprints, perform varying levels of shop mathematics associated with machining operations, and perform inspection procedures to verify work. May have a demonstrated expertise in a particular machining process or machine type or work on one single purpose machine which may involve multiple machining processes. Skills typically acquired through 2-3 years related machining experience.
Candidates having qualifications that exceed the minimum job requirements will receive consideration for higher level roles given (1) their experience, (2) additional job requirements, and/or (3) business needs. Depending on education, experience, and skill level, a variety of job opportunities might be available, including Machine Operator and Senior Machine Operator.
Halliburton is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, citizenship, marital status, sex/gender, sexual preference/ orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, national origin, or any other status protected by law or regulation.
835 W 41st St South, Tulsa, Oklahoma, 74104, United States
Requisition Number: 77950
Experience Level: Experienced Hire
Job Family: Manufacturing & Supply Chain
Product Service Line: Artificial Lift
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
Additional Locations for this position:
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience.
Nearest Major Market: Tulsa
Nearest Secondary Market: Oklahoma
Job Segment: Machinist, Equipment Operator, Inspector, Supply, Industrial, Manufacturing, Operations, Quality
Bearing Grinding Machine Operator
- Must dress grinding bearings according to specifications
- Monitoring of machine operations to determine whether adjustments are necessary; stop machines when problems occur.
- Inspects feels, and measure work pieces to ensure that surfaces and dimensions meet specifications.
- Set up and operates grinding or polishing machines
- Performs basic maintenance, such as cleaning and lubricating machine parts.
Job Skills and Qualifications
- High school diploma or GED
- Ability to quickly move the hand, the hand together with the arm or the two hands to grasp, manipulate, or assemble objects
- Ability to make precisely coordinated movements of the fingers of one or both hands to grasp, manipulate, or assemble very small objects
- Prior experience with grinding machines beneficial however, will train the right person
Position: Machine Operator
Shifts: 2nd and 3rd shifts only
Our Machine Operators are responsible for performing set-ups, operating machinery, identifying acceptable or unacceptable product quality according to customer requirements. We are seeking a highly motivated, career focused Machine Operators that are going to be dedicated, hardworking, and passionate about getting things done. If you are looking for an opportunity to learn and grow with an industry leader, join our team!
• Read and comprehend production SOPs (Standard Operating Procedures).
• Set up equipment and ensure production materials are available.
• Operate the machines and observe them during production. If problems are detected, stop the process and make minor repairs or refer major problems to production leadership and/or maintenance.
• Collaborate with co-workers, supervisors and managers to achieve productivity and location goals.
• Adhere to all safety procedures and report potentially unsafe conditions.
• Maintain cleanliness of equipment and assigned area.
• This list of duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time.
What you’ll need:
• High School Diploma or equivalent.
• Experience in a fast paced, high volume manufacturing environment
• Ability to work in a team oriented environment.
• Must be able to work in an environment with exposure to heat/cold conditions and levels of noise, and potential exposure to various industrial liquids, oils, gases, and etc.
• Working knowledge and experience with MS Excel, MS Word, Data Entry, SAP desirable
• Must be able to stand/walk for up to 10-12 hours
• Meeting physical requirements, such as lifting, bending and standing for long periods
• Must be able to lift up to 45 pounds with or without reasonable accommodation
• Adhere to quality service standards and comply with procedures, rules and regulations.
• Must be able to work a flexible/rotating work schedule, including weekends, holidays, and overtime (covering all shift schedules).
• Must be able to follow and lead safety standards and practices.
Relocation Assistance is available
Direct Hire - Multiple Shifts
Excellent pay up to $30/hr. depending on experience
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision with low copay
Free Life and Disability
401k dollar-for-dollar match up to 6%
Our Employees are
Our #1 Resource!
Career opportunity to relocate to beautiful Findlay, OH and join a growing team. We know our employees are what makes us successful. Our goal is to hire the best, treat them well, engage and train and build a family that represents our core values and principles. We are looking for our next leaders who want to grow with us.
People first, Safety at all times and a Quality Product we are proud of!
- Operate plastic extrusion equipment safely, maintain a clean work environment and work within an experienced team.
- Follow best practices, company principles, procedures and practices to ensure safe and efficient operation of assigned plant areas
- Help monitoring process conditions, equipment and control systems
- Performs tasks assigned to operations as per shared task list field checks, equipment preparation, samples, etc.
- Ensures operational activities and process performance are aligned with Plant and business goals
- Actively investigate and troubleshoot to resolve process related deviations and problems
- Helps to monitor, collect and input metrics for Statistical Process Control (S.P.C.), asset utilization, conversion costs, production yields and identify opportunities for plant optimization
- Self-manage your metrics, participate in process improvement, actively engage fellow team-members and leaders, suggest improvements to improve plant operation, safety and quality.
- Participates in GMP program and fully supports the site Quality Management System
- High school diploma required (Associates degree or certificate preferred)
- 3+ years of plastic machine operations – stretch films or similar
- Strong attention to detail and good math skills
- Setup, basic troubleshooting and operation of Stretch Film machines
Plating Machine Operator - Entry Level
BASIC JOB FUNCTIONS / RESPONSIBILITIES:
Monitor a plating process, make adjustments in amperages and temperatures, and report problems to Plating Coach, technician, or Plating Manager.
Perform preventative maintenance on a plating machine (s).
Work with and support process engineering in developing plating improvements (cost savings)
Support production team efforts in meeting productivity and schedule attainment objectives.
Ensure that procedures relating to job safety and process control are followed.
Follow pollution preventative and pollution control procedures.
Assist plating operator in making chemical additions (ex. cleaner make-up).
Handle all types of manufactured and purchased parts.
Handle and transport parts and supplies.
Responsible for quality and quantity of work assignment.
Responsible for a neat and orderly work area.
Operate and maintain plating machine in proper condition.
Increasing responsibilities with experience.
Provide critical skill set in finishing area.
High School Diploma
Ability to perform basic job functions as outlined above.
Must possess a high school degree or equivalent
Must successfully complete required assessments
Must be physically capable of lifting 50 pounds without injury.
Must be able to pass respirator fit test and pulmonary function testing.
Must be able to pass tow motor test and acquire license.
Previous chemical and or plating experience preferred therefore members of the Finishing Focus Factory will be considered first.
Internal only requirements for current or temporary associates employed by Moen:
No disciplinary write-ups in the last 6 months
Have less than two (2) incidents under the attendance policy
Demonstrated positive work history through performance reviews.
Baler Operator Needed. Machine Operating Experience A Plus!
Baler Operator Needed!
- Machine operating experience preferred!
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects.
I. Job Summary
Responsible for monitoring material bunker levels and activating the conveyors and controls to bale sorted recyclable material.
II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
Performs daily inspection of equipment.
Monitors levels of material in bunkers.
Change baler settings for each commodity to be baled.
Operate conveyors to bring materials from bunkers to baler.
If facilities exist, perform QC on material as it is conveyed to the baler.
Places materials in compression chamber of baling machine.
Activate the controls of baler to compress and wire tie bales.
Threads tie bands around bale and twists or clamps ends of bands to tighten bands.
Opens compression chamber doors and removes bale from machine.
Trucks bales to storage place, weighs bales, and records weight.
Lines compression chamber of baling machine with paper, burlap, or other covering before baling.
Sews or ties wrapping in place after baling, and stencils bales.
Keeps accurate production records on bales produced.
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
This job has no supervisory duties.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
Education: Not Required
Experience: No prior work experience required
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
Required to undergo initial training and an annual training thereafter.
Required to read and review operators manual prior to operation of equipment.
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
- None required.
V. Work Environment
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Required to use motor coordination with finger dexterity (such as keyboarding, machine operation, etc) most of the work day;
Required to exert physical effort in handling objects less than __ pounds rarely;
Required to be exposed to physical occupational risks (such as cuts, burns, exposure to toxic chemicals, etc) rarely;
Required to be exposed to physical environment which involves dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements rarely;
Normal setting for this job is: outdoors/MRF
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please click "Apply."
I understand that applying to this job indicates that I have the legal right to work in the United States. I agree to perform physical duties of this position as outlined in the job with or without reasonable accommodations. I understand that if offered the position, I will be required to pass a drug screen.
Position Title: Machine Operator
Reports to: Operations Supervisor
Location: Maryville, TN
This position will inspect, assemble and package in-process inventory and/or finished goods in a fast
paced manufacturing environment. During season
Responsible for the operation of assembly, packaging and labeling machines.
Must drive productivity and efficiency performance in the workstation while maintaining highest levels of safety and quality.
Maintains adherence to production schedules for the workstation. Ensures work is completed at the correct quantity and in the proper time frame
Performs machine changeovers as needed.
Makes minor adjustments to the machine when necessary. Diagnoses problems and assists maintenance personnel on all repairs / adjustments.
Performs necessary calculations before and after each production order. Completes necessary paperwork to record production and quality performance daily.
Ensures standard quality checks are performed properly and regularly.
Keeps work cell neat and clean at all times. Maintains lean work environment and strives to eliminate waste in the workstation.
Ensures that there are no safety hazards on the floor in the working area. Proactively identifies potential safety issues.
Flexible to work any shift.
Ability to work overtime as needed.
Visual aptitude – must be able to see with or without correction.
Communication – ability to communicate verbally or non-verbally.
Must be able to lift up to 35 pounds.
Ability to perform standing job for 12 consecutive hours.
Must be able to walk, bend, kneel, stoop, climb, reach and grasp for varying periods of time during a consecutive 12 hour period.
High School Diploma or GED.
Previous manufacturing experience preferred.
Tennessee Career Readiness Certificate Silver Level preferred
Newell Brands (NASDAQ: NWL) is a leading global consumer goods company with a strong portfolio of well-known brands, including Paper Mate, Sharpie, Dymo, EXPO, Parker, Elmers, Coleman, Marmot, Oster, Sunbeam, FoodSaver, Mr. Coffee, Graco, Baby Jogger, NUK, Calphalon, Rubbermaid, Contigo, First Alert and Yankee Candle. For hundreds of millions of consumers, Newell Brands makes life better every day, where they live, learn, work and play. Newell Brands and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and comply with applicable employment laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled are encouraged to apply.
Position Title: Manufacturing Operator, ROTO Dept. 6pm-6am
Reports to: Manufacturing Supervisor
Location: Winchester, VA
Work as part of a team having responsibility for reviewing operator instruction sheets to assemble and/or package an entire product or a component of a product to manufacturing specifications and quality standards. Rotational Molding (ROTO) Manufacturing Operators support the productivity of manufacturing operations by performing all tasks conducted by their team in the ROTO assembly process and rotating through all injection and foam molding operations as needed.
This position works with the heavier duty molding equipment to produce the larger items in the company's product line. This position is expected to work in 12-hour shifts.
Assemble and/or package manufactured goods in conformance to manufacturing specifications and quality standards and prepare them for shipment
Conduct regular inspections of manufactured goods to ensure product meets quality standards, reporting any defects to quality team and/or supervisor
Use operator computer to report defective pieces, problems with process, product, or manufacturing machinery
Read and attach identifying tags to containers, material, or product packaging, or mark them with identifying information
Communicate with technical staff to help resolve issues with manufacturing equipment
Maintain a safe and accident free environment by adhering to safety standards and identifying safety issues and reporting them to his/her supervisor or the safety manager
Shovel, sweep, wipe down, or otherwise clean work areas
Maintain a safe and accident free environment by adhering to safety standards and identifying safety issues and reporting them to his/her supervisor or the safety manager
Shovel, sweep, wipe down, or otherwise clean work areas
Requires considerable use of arms and legs, twisting of body, standing for long periods of time, and regularly lifting up to 50lbs. This position requires working in an environment with extreme temperatures and loud noises, and exposure to odors associated with melting plastics.
Often requires operation of forklifts, hoists, or other industrial vehicles. Use of hand tools required in most cases to assemble manufactured goods and may include hammers, screwdrivers, power tools, saws, crowbars, torches, grinders, or cutting blades.
High school diploma or GED preferred, experience will be considered in lieu of education
Must be legally authorized to work in the United States
Must be able to lift 50lbs
Must be a team player and able to communicate effectively with co-workers and leadership
Must have prior manufacturing experience
Experience with rotational plastics molding preferred
Newell Brands (NASDAQ: NWL) is a leading global consumer goods company with a strong portfolio of well-known brands, including Paper Mate, Sharpie, Dymo, EXPO, Parker, Elmers, Coleman, Marmot, Oster, Sunbeam, FoodSaver, Mr. Coffee, Graco, Baby Jogger, NUK, Calphalon, Rubbermaid, Contigo, First Alert and Yankee Candle.
For hundreds of millions of consumers, Newell Brands makes life better every day, where they live, learn, work and play. Newell Brands and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and comply with applicable employment laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled are encouraged to apply.
Machine Operator - 1St Shift
Alene Candles, LLC is seeking Machine Operators for 1st shift. Machine Operators are responsible for operating and maintaining the various sustainer wicking machines. Must monitor and update downtime on the machines, evaluate machine operations, and work with production team to meet daily production goals. Will be responsible for 5S and continuous improvement activities on their machines and will provide support for department and site 5S and continuous improvement efforts.
NOTE: Employees will be required to work the lines as directed by the leadership team.
Essential Duties and
- Evaluate each work order including wick type, item number, wick length, correct sustainer, and number of wicks per container.
- Maintain the production daily log and appropriate sign-off documentation.
- Prepares labels for initial startup and new work order, pull sample bag for QA department.
- Set up machine with wick, sustainer, adjusted length, acceptable crimp, and correct tooling/machine parts for different vessels.
- Mount spools and thread wickers.
- Regularly perform preventative maintenance on wickers.
- Responsible for daily updates and continuous track of individual and cumulative down time on wickers.
- Cycle count all inventory associated with wicking.
- Required daily use of Microsoft office.
- Maintain Alene standards of performance and comply with housekeeping, safety policies and procedures.
- Required to perform other duties as assigned by Assistant Supervisor.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- 12 months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate and percent. Ability to read and use rulers.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to pay close attention to detail with a high degree of accuracy.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Ability to problem solve and evaluate machine issues at a moment’s notice.
Alene Candles offers health, dental, and vision insurance, healthcare reimbursement account, FSA, 401k with company match, life insurance, short term disability insurance, paid time off, paid holidays, tuition reimbursement, paid volunteer day, and many other benefits!
Alene Candles provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Assistant Machine Operator
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with qualified disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and fingers to type. The employee is required to sit for long periods of time. Specific vision abilities required by this job include ability to see up close, ability to adjust focus and keen eye for detail.
- Must be able to tolerate working in a fast paced environment.
- Must be able to tolerate working in an environment with a moderate or loud level of noise.
- Must be reliable.
- Must be able to work flexible hours depending on business demands.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Employees with the title of an Assistant Machine Operator must proficiency of all essential job functions listed below. Specific job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Perform quality checks on the product.
- Ensure that the machines run efficiently.
- Perform and assist with new order set-ups within the department.
- Interact with all departments to identify specific needs.
- Maintain machine usage by troubleshooting and correcting machine problems in a timely manner.
- Complete all paperwork associated with the manufacture of product.
- Other duties as required/ directed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Permalite offers medical, dental, vision, 401K, Life Insurance and AD&D Insurance.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!