Log Grader Job Description Sample
Northeast Oregon Seasonal Laborer - Elgin Log Yard
Boise Cascade's most valuable asset is its employees. Join our production team as an entry level general laborer- no logging experience required.
Boise Cascade has been in the business of manufacturing wood products and distributing building materials for over half a century. Today we're one of the largest manufacturers of plywood and engineered wood products in North America - and the only wholesale stocking distributor for building products that can service the entire United States. Because our business is built on relationships, our employees are critical to our success. And we're committed to investing in them. That's why we offer a benefits package designed to have a positive impact on all areas of your life - from health and well-being, career and community, to financial security and personal safety. We call it, Total Rewards. Here's a look at what's included:
* Medical + Prescription Drug
* Dental + Vision
* 401(k) Retirement Savings
Candidates must be able to commit to working a minimum of 10 weeks between May 1, 2018 and September .
* Perform strenuous, repetitive tasks under varying weather conditions.
* Drive and operate a variety of equipment under varying conditions.
* Work in a safe manner by complying with all company safety policies to include the utilization of required PPE.
* Maintain a high degree of quality in performance and methods with regards to efficiency and safety.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
Basic Qualifications: Candidates must be able to work all shifts and pass a pre-employment criminal background check, drug test and physical assessment. Candidates must also possess a high school diploma or equivalent, OR have two (2) years of relevant work experience. Applicants must be able to walk and stand for long periods of time, sit for long periods of time while operating equipment and ascend/descend ladders/steps to access operator cabs. Successful candidate will be capable of communicating with co-workers through the use of two-way radio. Must be able to understand and follow written safety and operational procedures.
* Prior experience operating log loaders, front-end loaders, shovels or other heavy equipment is preferred for this position.
* Working knowledge of heavy-equipment operating principles, as well as the hazards and safety precautions common to heavy equipment operation.
Log Truck Driver
Self-Loader Driver – Welch Land & Timber seeks to fill an opening for a Self-Load Driver.
- Must know species and sorts
- Have 3+ years experience
- Able to perform routine maintenance on semi-truck and trailer
- Self-motivated individuals who are willing to work hard
We offer competitive wages, health benefits, and 2 weeks of vacation after 1 year of employment.
Cdl-A Lease Purchase Truck Driver - Log Lane Village
It Pays to Be an Owner Operator with HVH.
• When you have the right partner, it makes a difference.
• Having a partner that goes above and beyond to help you succeed is the HVH difference.
• We work with numerous Fortune 500 companies and pay based on practical miles.
• This translates to higher earnings we pay .91cpm + fuel surcharge to start.
• You ll also get home regularly, earn annual incentives and plenty more to keep you happy on and off the road.
• Nearly 80% of our Owner Operator partners have chosen to make HVH their career home.
• Get on the road with us and make it your long-term home too.
Owner Operators Enjoy:
We have excellent opportunities for local and regional company drivers in Colorado.
Please submit form above to be contacted by a recruiter.
Get on the Road with Our Lease Purchase Program
• Take your driving career to the next level with our hassle-free Lease Purchase Program.
• It s never been easier to be your own boss.
• Choose your truck and get going with guaranteed interest free rates and payments.
• Get all the tools and support you need to get out on the road to ownership with confidence. We require one year of OTR experience in the last three years.
Our Lease Purchase Program offers drivers:
Associated topics: cdl a operator, contractor, flatbed owner operator, independent contractor, lp program, own truck, owner operator, owner operator driver, owner operator truck, solo driving
Log Yard Manager Opportunity In Glennville, Georgia
We are seeking a Woodyard Manager for this wood products company. This person will manage the company export business of lumber to China and southeast Asia through the Savannah port from Glennville.
This is part of a company that processes and bags wood mulch, potting soils, soil amendments, firewood and other products sold in big box, discount and lawn and garden stores across the southeast. This company continues to experience incredible growth that will continue to offer career growth and opportunity.
Must have excellent organizational skills to manage the evaluation, preparation and processing of logs into containers for shipment.
Must have good leadership skills to manager 4 to 5 direct reports.
Willing to be a hands on person in an outdoor work environment.
Can do attitude to fill in where necessary on skidders, loaders, etc.
Wood yard experience is not necessary but is helpful. Loader/Tractor experience is necessary.
Log and wood products experience is helpful. This is an immediate need so please forward resume for consideration.
Salary of $40,000 to $50,000 depending on experience. 401k and paid vacation.
Log Truck Driver
LOG TRUCK DRIVER wanted, 2 loads daily, great for semi retired person, w/2 yrs exp. Good pay.
Call after 5PM. 501-847-5041Arkansas Democrat-Gazette. Keywords: Log Truck Driver, Location: Little Rock, AR - 72201
Grader operator needed for full site development work. Two years experience preferred. Pay commensurate with experience with a competitive benefits package and a safe work environment! Clean MVR required, as foreman will utilize company vehicle.
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
- Understands and applies safe use and operation of the equipment and communicates with other employees about safety related matters.
- Performs all functions in a safe manner in accordance with company policy and procedures.
- Safe, efficient and proper operation of grader to gouge out, level and distribute earth and/or rocks from land preparation to constructing roads and/or job site grading.
- Moves levers to control tool bars, carriers, and disks.
- Moves levers and depresses pedals to maneuver tractor and raise, lower and tilt blade to clear right-of-way.
- Feels lever and listens for stalling action of engine to estimate depth of cut.
- Operate grader in successive passes over terrain to raise or lower terrain to specified grade following markings on grade stakes or hand signals.
- Communicate with Site Superintendent as to the daily job specification.
- Discuss with supervisor the anticipated production, type of materials being moved, number of trucks, etc.
- Be aware of other equipment working on the project and coordinate to work with these other equipment.
- Ability to read, interpret and incorporate information derived from the manual for the specific piece of equipment being operated.
- Conduct daily pre-start up procedures, ensuring equipment is in good operating condition (check fluid levels, inspect, clean and lubricate equipment, etc.).
- Greases, oils, and performs minor repairs on tractor.
- Keep equipment clean, promoting positive public image, and enabling close range equipment inspection.
- Complete Equipment and Vehicle Condition Report (LAMP-68) weekly, noting odometer readings, equipment hours, needed repairs, etc.
- Parks equipment in a place that is readily accessible to the equipment mover.
- Maintain a positive attitude and team spirit.
- Reports to work on time wearing the appropriate attire.
- Must be able to work variable hours including daytime, nighttime, and some weekend hours, as well as, overtime.
- Ability to travel inside the company's operational area.
- Display a professional attitude toward co-workers, supervisors, and the general public at all times.
- Ability to perform strenuous work in varying weather conditions.
- Ability to follow verbal and written instruction.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee is required to sit, walk and stand for periods of time. The employee is required to use a phone application to enter crew time. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust to focus.
- Ability to occasionally kneel and squat
- Will frequently bend, climb, stand, walk, sit, reach, and use repetitive motion
SDC is a Drug Free Workplace and Equal Opportunity Employer
Since 1986, Southern Development & Construction has completed a diversity of projects. Southern Development & Construction takes pride in maintaining our outstanding reputation by providing construction excellence with personal attention.
Southern Development and Construction is a specialized organization with extensive total site development experience.
Since 1986 - Bonded- Insured- Licensed
Motor Grader Operators (1)
Gibbs & Register, Inc. Florida's leading civil firm is seeking an experienced Motor Grader Operator.
Will be working in Orlando, Lakeland/Bartow, Tampa, and other Florida markets.
Employees operating a vehicle for Work Site Employer’s purposes will be required to maintain a valid, eligible driver’s license, and a driving record acceptable to our insurance carrier at all times. Requires previous experience minimum of 3 years. Job requires frequent lifting of 25 - 100 lbs., stretching, stooping, bending, squatting, twisting, lifting, pushing, pulling, and kneeling.
We offer a competitive salary & comprehensive benefits package. G&R is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace. Applications will only be accepted for open and available positions. Applications may be completed on our website www.gibbsandregister.com, and emailed to our HR department or faxed to 407-877-1663.
We will be a company that.....G.I.V.E.S.
Golden Rule: Treat others the way you want to be treated
Interact with integrity, professionalism, and friendliness
Safe place people enjoy working
Motor Grader Operator
In order to apply for the position, please take seven (7) minutes to complete our survey. Copy and paste the following link into your browser, http://www.cindexinc.com/c/B2E206, and keep reading.
ONLY CANDIDATES THAT COMPLETE THE SURVEY WILL BE CONSIDERED FOR THE POSITION.
Under the direction of the Foreman, the Motor Grader Operator is responsible for excavation and embankment to grade and will lay asphalt, base and other materials. The Motor Grader Operator will primarily perform finish grade work to blue tops or other close specification controls/tolerances. May also grade haul roads and perform other general motor grader work.
Primary Responsibilities/Essential Functions:
- Operates the motor grader in order to prep sub-grade, lay asphalt, base and other materials.
- Performs daily inspection on equipment for issues and/or deficiencies; completes inspection paperwork and notifies the Foreman of any issues/defects.
- May assist the crew, when needed, in operating other equipment and/or helping the laborers on the ground.
- Wears appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) at all times while on the job site (i.e. vest, earplugs, glasses, hard hat, etc.)
- Performs other duties as assigned
- 5+ years of experience as Finish Motor Grader is required with the ability to adhere to strict inspection guidelines.
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness in the quality of the work; strong attention to details skills required.
- Demonstrates the ability to complete the work in a timely manner
- Demonstrates good eye-hand coordination, balance and depth perception
- Demonstrates effective written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrates a sense of urgency in responding to all situations.
- Demonstrates the ability to work in a number of diverse locations, as work locations change regularly, and ability to work varying schedules. Overtime and weekend work are required, as necessary.
- Demonstrates ability to collaborate and work effectively as a team.
- Demonstrates responsibility in reporting to work on a consistent and timely basis.
The Motor Grader Operator while performing the essential functions of this job is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and vibration. The Operator is frequently exposed to high, precarious places or outside weather conditions. The Operator can be exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment is usually very loud.
While performing the essential functions of the job, the Operator is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, reach with hands and arms, lift above their head, and talk or hear. The Operator is also required to kneel, crouch or stoop, climb ladders, bend at the waist, squat and crawl in tight or confined spaces to perform the essential functions of the job. The Operator must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and color vision. Ascending or descending stairs is required, and movement of uneven terrain is frequently required to carry out essential duties.
The Operator will spend their time on the physical job-site. This position is exposed to high temperatures, cool/cold temperatures and loud noises. Work in the construction area poses significantly greater risk due to moving construction equipment and active construction zones with trip and fall hazards.
E-Z Bel Construction, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities, females, disabled persons and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.
Our core clients include the City of San Antonio, Texas Department of Transportation (TXDOT), San Antonio area municipalities and various developers.
E-Z Bel is known to take on complicated projects with significant traffic control and constructability issues. Although the Company primarily operates as a general contractor, E-Z Bel also has a full service traffic signal and roadway illumination department that performs both as a prime contractor and a subcontractor.
Asphalt Screed And Motor Grader Operator
COUGHLIN COMPANY IS NOW HIRING
Asphalt Screed Operator/Foreman-Must be able to run a small 8 man Crew
- all benefits and great hourly wage
- got to be willing to travel out of state
- 5 years experience
- $60,000 to $70,000
Motor Grader Operator with automation controls
- 5 years experience
Email Ted to schedule an interview, firstname.lastname@example.org
Travel Rn-Dialysis Nurse - Travel Dialysis Chronic Nurse Needed In Log
A chronic dialysis program in the beautiful state of Indiana is in need of an experienced dialysis nurse. Applicants should have a IN License and at least one year of dialysis experience for this 13 week assignment.
Indiana is a Midwestern U.S. state known for its farmland and renowned auto race, the Indianapolis 500, held at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway. In the capital, Indianapolis, theaters and galleries line Massachusetts Avenue. The city's Downtown is home to the iconic Soldiers and Sailors Monument, the Canal Walk promenade and the Indianapolis Museum of Art and its wide-ranging collections.
Foundation has specialized in the staffing of dialysis professionals since 1999. As a trusted leader in the industry for more than a decade, you can count on Foundation Medical Staffing to provide the level personalized service that you can depend on to meet your needs as a traveling healthcare provider. Contact a Foundation Medical Staffing consultant for more information on this and other opportunities.Chronic Setting13 Week AssignmentIN License RequiredWe offer travel allowances and paid housing.You are covered under our professional liability insurance.
We offer major medical and dental insurance with additional optional coverage. We offer 401(k) retirement savings plans with a match! You will have 24-hour access to your recruiter.
Associated topics: ambulatory, bsn, coronary, domiciliary, hospice, intensive care, nurse rn, psychiatric, registed, unit
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!