Log Roller Job Description Sample
Asst Store MGR In LOG Cabin, TX
At Dollar General, our customer is at the center of everything we do! We are a fast-moving Fortune 200 publicly-traded company with more than 14,000 stores and 14 distribution centers in 44 states, growing by hundreds of stores each year. We work in an energetic atmosphere that embraces innovation and teamwork. At Dollar General, you can see a clear and fast path to career growth and success. We are committed to attracting talented and motivated people who can advance our mission of "Serving Others." Let's Grow Together! GENERAL SUMMARY: The Assistant Store Manager helps maintain a clean, well-organized store with a customer-first focus. At the direction and delegation of the Store Manager, the Assistant Store Manager assists with supervision of store employees, management and presentation of merchandise, completion of paperwork, and preparation of deposits. The Assistant Store Manager also performs stocking and cashiering functions, and performs other duties as necessary to maximize profitability and customer satisfaction while protecting company assets and reducing losses. DUTIES and ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Provide superior customer service leadership; greet and assist customers, and operate cash register and scanner to itemize the customer’s purchase.
Open and close the store a minimum of two days per week.
Assist Store Manager with scheduling employees, providing adequate training for employees, conducting safety meetings, and ensuring employee compliance with company policies and procedures.
Follow company work processes to manage merchandise, including receiving, unpacking, stocking, restocking and rotating merchandise on shelves and building merchandise displays.
Assist in maintaining accurate inventory levels by controlling damages, markdowns, scanning, paperwork, and facility controls.
Assist in implementation and maintenance of planograms; ensure merchandise is presented according to established practices and Store Manager direction.
Assist in ensuring financial integrity of the store through strict cashier accountability, key control, adherences to company security practices and cash control procedures; authorize and sign for refunds and overrides, count register tills, and deposit money in bank.
Assist with management of the store in the Store Manager’s absence. KNOWLEDGE and SKILLS:
Effective interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
Ability to solve problems and deal with a variety of situations.
Good organization skills with attention to detail.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as diagrams, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedures manuals.
Ability to perform mathematical calculations such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and percentages.
Ability to perform cash register functions and generate reports.
Knowledge of cash, facility, and safety control policies and practices.
Knowledge of cash handling procedures including cashier accountability and deposit control.
Ability to drive own vehicle to the bank to deposit money. WORK EXPERIENCE and/or EDUCATION:
High school diploma or equivalent strongly preferred.
One year of experience in a retail environment and six months supervisory experience preferred. WORKING CONDITIONS:
Frequent walking and standing
Frequent bending, stooping, and kneeling to run check out station, stock merchandise and unload trucks; which may also require the ability to push and/or pull rolltainers for stocking merchandise
Frequent handling of merchandise and equipment such as handheld scanners, pricing guns, box cutters, merchandise containers, two-wheel dollies, U-boats (six-wheel carts), and rolltainers
Frequent and proper lifting of up to 40 pounds; occasional lifting of up to 55 pounds
Occasional climbing (using step ladder) up to heights of six feet
Fast-paced environment; moderate noise level
Occasional exposure to outside weather conditions
Occasional or regular driving/providing own transportation to make bank deposits, attend management meetings and travel to other Dollar General stores. Dollar General Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. Requisition ID: 2016-104561 Street: 5231 STATE HIGHWAY 198 External Company URL: http://www.dollargeneral.com
Log Yard Manager Opportunity In Glennville, Georgia
We are seeking a Woodyard Manager for this wood products company. This person will manage the company export business of lumber to China and southeast Asia through the Savannah port from Glennville.
This is part of a company that processes and bags wood mulch, potting soils, soil amendments, firewood and other products sold in big box, discount and lawn and garden stores across the southeast. This company continues to experience incredible growth that will continue to offer career growth and opportunity.
Must have excellent organizational skills to manage the evaluation, preparation and processing of logs into containers for shipment.
Must have good leadership skills to manager 4 to 5 direct reports.
Willing to be a hands on person in an outdoor work environment.
Can do attitude to fill in where necessary on skidders, loaders, etc.
Wood yard experience is not necessary but is helpful. Loader/Tractor experience is necessary.
Log and wood products experience is helpful. This is an immediate need so please forward resume for consideration.
Salary of $40,000 to $50,000 depending on experience. 401k and paid vacation.
Log Truck Driver
Self-Loader Driver – Welch Land & Timber seeks to fill an opening for a Self-Load Driver.
- Must know species and sorts
- Have 3+ years experience
- Able to perform routine maintenance on semi-truck and trailer
- Self-motivated individuals who are willing to work hard
We offer competitive wages, health benefits, and 2 weeks of vacation after 1 year of employment.
Asphalt Roller Operator
Pay begins at $23.05/hour and can go up to $28.82/hour depending on experience. Duties include driving a heavy rolling machine to compact asphalt to grade specifications.Schedule
Shift start: 7:00AM
Shift length: 12 hours
Monday - Friday, some weekends required
- Health, dental, vision insurance - available after 30 days
- Paid holidays
- 401(k) plan
- Must pass drug screen
- Must pass background check
- Can lift 50 lbs in the air
- Must be at least 21+ years old 3 years of asphalt paving roller experience Valid driver's license Schedule subject to change based on projects, open availability required
We are one of the largest construction materials and contracting companies in the United States, a status we have achieved through the hard work of our 4,800 team members and the loyalty of our many customers.
At Knife River, we are committed to helping our military transition to civilian life. We are constantly looking to add veterans to our workforce and want to make the transition as smooth as possible. There are many jobs within the military that are transferable to our Aggregate Delivery Driver position:
Ground Transportation Apprentice
Ground Transportation Journeyman
Ground Transportation Helper
Vehicle Operations Apprentice
Motor Transport Operator
Motor Vehicle Operator
Logistics Vehicle System Operator
Asphalt Roller Operator
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Asphalt Laborer / Roller Operator
Hiring a General Asphalt Laborer to include rolling, raking, shoveling & layout.
Compensation commensurate with experience.
Roller Operater - Paving
WORK START DATE WILL BE AROUND APRIL 15th
Looking for an experienced roller operator for our asphalt paving crew. Will be responsible for running an asphalt roller to achieve proper compaction and appearance of the finished pavement product. Must be willing to labor and run other equipment when necessary.
Applicant will ideally have 1+ years experience running a roller, but those with any paving background will be considered for a position on the crew. Shifts will vary from Day/Night throughout the season.
*Pay rates will vary based on experience.
Asphalt Roller Operator
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and an E-Verify Participating Employer.
COMPETITIVE BENEFITS: Healthcare and Dental Options, Vision, Retirement Plan and Paid Time Off.
HOW TO APPLY:
Apply in person or by visiting http://www.rmecinc.com/employment-opportunities/ and completing an application with “Asphalt Roller Operator” in the subject line. Emails received without this will be disqualified.
Candidate will control a rolling pattern and process to achieve specified densities, smoothness of mat, any unnecessary roughness and/or irregularities in mat and ride quality of mat. Emphasis to detail shall include, but not be limited to, where each asphalt lift relates to abutting ramps, driveways, curb, inlets, manholes, valves, joints and other fixed structures. One year experience preferred.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each of the following satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Operator will be responsible for a safe work environment for themselves, co-workers, pedestrians and the traveling public
- Responsible for completing daily pre-and-post inspections with appropriate documentation in compliance with company policies and report any issues or irregularities to the supervisor
- When working with co-workers, constant eye contact will be maintained when backing, communicating using hand signals or other movements
- Operate and maneuvering machine in a specific rolling patterns and process on asphalt and related surfaces such as roadways and parking lots
- Control process to achieve specified densities, smoothness of mat, any unnecessary roughness and/or irregularities in mat and ride quality of mat
- May perform other duties, such as adding or removing implements to asphalt paver such as screed extensions, grade control sensors and equipment and other accessories associated with asphalt equipment
- Follow direction of supervisor as to daily task and expectations for each specific project or jobsite
- Performing physical activities that require considerable use of arms and legs and moving your whole body such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, and handling and moving of materials
- The operator is responsible for quality control
- Assist in training less experienced employees on the proper operations, methods, servicing and repair equipment to further their abilities
- High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED)
- Valid Driver’s License
- Ability to pass a background investigation and drug screening
- Current (within 5 years of hire date) Federal OSHA 10-hour Construction Certificate (or completion of the course prior to employment)
OTHER PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) (hard hat, eye and ear protection, safety vest, gloves, dust mask or respirator, fall protection gear, etc.). Ability to work in varying outdoor weather conditions.
We pride ourselves, as individuals and as a company, that we are very flexible and diversified. Our services are not limited to being a General Contractor, but we also have day to day operations that include over-lot grading, building excavation and backfill, sub grade prep for paving and hardscapes, over-excavation with the use of structural and/or moisture conditioning, main line water, sewer, and storm pipe, trenching, bedding and backfill for a wide range of the dry utilities. We also offer demolition of buildings, parking lots, streets, curb and gutter, underground utilities, and vegetation. RME also has a Concrete Division that is capable of footings and foundation walls, slab-on grade concrete floors, multi-level slab on grade pours, exterior flatwork, and curb and gutter. The Concrete Division has full-time project managers, estimators and field personnel that are 100% focused on the concrete aspect of construction.
Travel Rn-Dialysis Nurse - Travel Dialysis Chronic Nurse Needed In Log
A chronic dialysis program in the beautiful state of Indiana is in need of an experienced dialysis nurse. Applicants should have a IN License and at least one year of dialysis experience for this 13 week assignment.
Indiana is a Midwestern U.S. state known for its farmland and renowned auto race, the Indianapolis 500, held at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway. In the capital, Indianapolis, theaters and galleries line Massachusetts Avenue. The city's Downtown is home to the iconic Soldiers and Sailors Monument, the Canal Walk promenade and the Indianapolis Museum of Art and its wide-ranging collections.
Foundation has specialized in the staffing of dialysis professionals since 1999. As a trusted leader in the industry for more than a decade, you can count on Foundation Medical Staffing to provide the level personalized service that you can depend on to meet your needs as a traveling healthcare provider. Contact a Foundation Medical Staffing consultant for more information on this and other opportunities.Chronic Setting13 Week AssignmentIN License RequiredWe offer travel allowances and paid housing.You are covered under our professional liability insurance.
We offer major medical and dental insurance with additional optional coverage. We offer 401(k) retirement savings plans with a match! You will have 24-hour access to your recruiter.
Associated topics: ambulatory, bsn, coronary, domiciliary, hospice, intensive care, nurse rn, psychiatric, registed, unit
Log Truck Supervisor
Mendocino Redwood Company has an immediate opening for a Supervisor to manage our Log Truck Drivers in Ukiah, CA.
Allocate appropriate internal and external resources for log haul and delivery in the most efficient and safe manner. Applies knowledge of commercial vehicle operational requirements as related to intrastate commerce. Supervises Log Truck Drivers and oversees aspects of company Rolling Stock program including job costing and scheduling maintenance of equipment.
Duties and Responsibilities
This position will directly supervise Log Truck Drivers. Coaches employees for attainment of Company and individual goals and objectives in accordance with Company guidelines, and performance management system.
- Dispatches log truck drivers for hauling or delivery of log loads specific to the company needs;
- Ensures drivers are familiar and comply with all Company safety requirements, Federal and State DOT regulations;
- Creates and maintains job costing data base for road department, including tasks:
- Obtain estimates, bids or proposals
- Time and materials for internal jobs
- Product sheet and costs standardization, including vendor list
- Direct costs
- Identifies the appropriate truck based on the product, size of the order and company requirement;
- Manage all MRC timberland highway rolling stock;
- Maintains new hauler process for MRC. Obtains all legally and company required documents, enters data as appropriate and maintains current files for each outside hauler uniformly;
- Maintains hauler correspondence and relations, if applicable. Delivery requirements, correspondence both verbal and written, update and keep current quotes, freight rates, researches issues and shares information with supervisor for decision making;
- Completes and provides regular Management reports as assigned;
- Maintenance of Biannual Terminal Inspection (BIT) program with working knowledge in; Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations, hours of service and drivers’ log requirements;
- Reviews daily log and documents from on-board GPS for data as appropriate to business need;
- Responsible for communicating driver time as directed;
- Reviews, plans, sources and directs equipment needs for jobs;
- Back up for payroll, fuel & mileage reporting, auditing & entering freight, as needed;
- Interview, hire, and train employees; planning, assigning, and directing work;
- Appraises performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Qualifications / Requirements
- Must maintain and carry a valid California driver license and be eligible to operate company vehicles in accordance with company policy guidelines.
- Requires current DOT physical examination card and clean DMV record.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Email a resume to Zip Recruiter.com with cover letter or
- Fax to (707) 485-6873 or
- Contact Our Human Resources Recruiter at (707) 620-2940
Equal Opportunity Employer, Valuing Diversity of our Workforce and Offering a Drug Free Workplace
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!