Long Chain Beamer Job Description Sample
Beamer Operator - Extrusion - Hillsville, VA - Hrly
Overview Mohawk Industries is the leading global flooring manufacturer that creates products to enhance residential and commercial spaces around the world. Mohawk’s vertically integrated manufacturing and distribution processes provide competitive advantages in the production of carpet, rugs, ceramic tile, laminate, wood, stone and vinyl flooring.
Our industry-leading innovation has yielded products and technologies that differentiate our brands in the marketplace and satisfy all remodeling and new construction requirements. Our brands are among the most recognized in the industry and include American Olean, Daltile, Durkan,IVC,Karastan, Marazzi, Mohawk, Pergo,Quick-Step and
Unilin. During the past decade, Mohawk has transformed its business from an American carpet manufacturer into the world’s largest flooring company with operations in Australia, Brazil, Canada, Europe, India, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Russia and the United States.
Mohawk Industries, Inc offers a comprehensive compensation package that includes a wide variety of benefit options so that individuals can tailor plans that are right for him or her. Benefits include health care with a prescription card, dental/vision, disability, life insurance, 401(k) plan with company match, employee purchase discounts, tuition reimbursement for undergraduate and graduate programs and much more. Mohawk Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to an inclusive workplace and a proud Drugs Don’t Work participant.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
12 hours 8pm
Responsibilities WORKING PROCEDURES: 1. Sets tricots behind beamer via powered industrial truck. 2.
Unload/load tricots via overhead crane. 3. Pulls tricot ends to tie-in rack. 4. Rack and tie tricot ends using knotter. 5.
Run knots onto loom beam. 6. Doff full loom beam and replace with empty loom beam. 7. Operates beamer and observes yarn to detect breaks and tangles. 8.
Repair broken ends, when needed. 9. Creates beam ticket for each beam doffed. 10. Insures proper alignment and speed of beamer. 11.
Cuts waste from beam, if necessary. 12. Operates powered industrial equipment. 13. Replace empty propane tank on powered industrial truck when necessary. 14.
Changes warp truck battery, when needed. 15. Operates warp truck. 16. Adheres to quality standards. 17.
Wears required personal protective equipment for task at hand. 18. Beamer must be stopped before operator gets into creel behind tricot to get end up. 19. Only in speed of slow or creep may operator be in creel behind tricot. 20.
Gloves must be worn when handling beams or tricots. 21. No sitting on motor covers in creel. 22. When an operator is in creel the other operator needs to be at controls in creel section unless multiple ends are out on various tricots.
When this occurs the supervisor or lead person will have someone to assist at the controls. 23. No operator needs to be under the eye board when machine is running at full speed. Can only be under the eye board when running in creep or slow mode. 24.
No reaching over the chains in the beaming area. 25. Use UHMW stick to smooth and straighten out ends coming off the tricots or running onto the loom beam while the Beamer is running. 26. Maintains clean and orderly work area. 27.
Works safely and orderly. 28. Perform all necessary miscellaneous work pertaining to the above job duties. 29. Notifies supervision of any hazardous or unsafe work conditions. 30. Any other duties assigned by management.
Qualifications HEARING / SPEAKING: Must be able to communicate with co-workers and management as needed to perform job.
REACHING: Vertical– Ability to reach full arm extension to perform job duties. Horizontal– Ability to reach full arms extension to perform job duties. VISUAL ACUITY:
Must have adequate normal, color vision and depth perception to perform job duties. Ability to utilize both near and far visions while performing job duties. Ability to draw ends through the comb.
BENDING / STOOPING: Ability to bend, squat, stoop, or kneel throughout a twelve (12) hour shift, as needed. MENTAL ABILITIES:
Ability to make decisions regarding work priorities. Ability to read and understand computer screen charts. Ability to learn computer system instructions.
Ability to obtain powered industrial equipment license. Ability to operate overhead crane.
Supply Chain Planner - Long Term Contract
The Supply Chain Planner is responsible for achieving a network inventory strategy for new model service parts which supports corporate sales, market share, inventory turnover and customer service level goals by attaining optimal inventory levels at the Parts Distribution Centers (PDC's). The analyst accomplishes this by following lean management principles across a full scope of quantitative and qualitative analysis in the areas of parts forecasting and replenishment, vendor management, and supply constraint root cause and recovery analytics. The analyst actively participates in preventative management through the identification and resolution of issues within the supply chain that could result in a customer service level miss. The analyst will engage key stakeholders for execution of shared sales and stocking strategies and supports clear communication with key partners. The analyst will utilize lean management principles to manage, optimize and continually improve new model parts planning, forecasting, replenishment and vendor management.
- Forecasting: Manages accurate and responsive forecasting and precise scheduling of new model parts from vendors.
- In depth understanding of forecasting techniques and inputs to make recommendations for improvements in overall forecast.
- Analyzes forecast exceptions and makes appropriate adjustments to facilitate proper reordering and replenishment.
- Drive improvements to forecast error through forecast tuning and history cleansing techniques
- Fulfillment: Ensures proper order management, taking into consideration vendor lead times and in transit inventory. Determines the best mode of transportation to be utilized in the procurement of inventory, ensuring that inventory levels and logistics costs are optimized while preventing gaps in inventory supply.
- Actively manages daily order review and release process to ensure appropriate volumes and frequency of orders
- Work with JDA Forecasting system and planners to advise of any changes or conflict to daily schedule
- Monitors proposed vs. ordered lines and recommends safety stock and order frequency changes
- Inventory Management: Reviews parts availability based on inbound flow, on-hand inventory, and customer demand to make decisions on priority inventory adjustments that support key supply chain performance indicators: service level, inventory turnover and inventory level.
- Analyze and execute KPI improvement strategies while leveraging supply chain activity assets such as transfers, airfreight orders, obsolescence, and Material Master maintenance
- Work with the Parts Distribution Centers, Dealer Assistance Center to resolve issues with parts inventory
- Order Management: Ensures all retail back-orders are adequately addressed with supplier orders and reconciled with DAC and/or Parts Technical. Initiate special procurement process and escalates critical back orders to vendors to avoid buy back situations and/or customer dissatisfaction.
- Root Cause analysis on specific parts which lead to proposing alternative suppliers
- Analyze back-order trends and roots causes and execute corrective actions accordingly
- Identify and resolve exceptions with the supply chain (retailer data entry errors, late orders, parts substitutions, etc.)
- Specialty Planning: Responsible to define which parts and required order volume will be needed for new vehicle launch taking into account all potential demand from launch date to 1st year of ownership (service and maintenance)
- Manages parts specification process with Parts Assistance Center to ensure that US launch parts are included on launch list with the correct priority
- Participate in a quarterly processes to transition new model parts into the planners’ parts portfolio
- Learning and Communication: Subject matter expert for all planning functions with ability to lead discussion and serve as key point of contact for planner processes and systems.
- Demonstrate solid understanding and utilization of Lean Management and Supply Chain Principals
- Weekly reporting of open issues and status to SCM Business unit and key business partners
- Regular engagement of current and emerging trends in the fields of Lean Management, Forecasting, and Supply Chain to expand knowledge base and support continuous improvement activity
Bachelor’s Degree (accredited school) or equivalent work experience with emphasis in:
- Business Administration
- Technical Management-Logistics
- Transportation Management
- Supply Chain Management
- JDA & SAP experience preferred
Must have 3-5 years (total) of experience in the following:
- Automotive – Retail: Proficient Knowledge of retail processes and procedures, with emphasis in, new and pre-owned sales, accessories service and parts.
- Business – General: Proficient Knowledge of fundamental business practices and concepts that impact the success and profitability of the organization.
- Integrated Supply Chain Management (ISCM) – Comprehensive Knowledge of the principles and methodology for a process-orientated, integrated approach to procuring, producing, and delivering products and services to customers.
- Parts and Accessories- Comprehensive Knowledge of parts and accessories businesses, marketing strategies and other business practices.
- Processing- General Knowledge of processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques in order to achieve maximum efficiency.
- Vendor Management- Comprehensive Knowledge of Agency/Vendor management and budget management.
Must be able to work flexible hours/work schedule
Primary Care Physician - Im/Fm MD - Long Island, NY
A leading provider of exceptional primary and ambulatory care in New York Metropolitan Area is interested to hire an Internal or Family Medicine Physician. This position is a full-time with Monday through Friday schedule. This prestigious organization values evidence-based medicine, innovating and doing the right thing and cares about outcomes, patients and the community.
- Very competitive compensation $$$ and benefits package
- No call, outpatient only
- One evening per week
- One Saturday morning per month
- Monday - Friday work schedule
- Full support staff
- Responsibilities and Duties
- This is an outpatient only position.
Qualifications and Skills
Physician must be board certified or board eligible in internal medicine (fellowships are a plus).
TAL Healthcare provides full-service recruitment services for all of our clients. We represent and place in permanent positions a wide variety of healthcare professionals including (but not limited to):
- Senior executives (C-suite)
- Financial managers and leaders
- Information Technology (IT) professionals
- Supply Chain specialists
- Nurse Managers
- Nurse Practitioners
- Revenue enhancers
- Practice Administrators
- Billers and Coders
- Managed Care Administrators
"Partnering with our clients to build talented teams and advance the healthcare careers of our candidates."
"Identify, attract, engage and connect the best possible talent while building, nurturing long-term relationships with our client partners based on integrity, trust and the on-going pursuit of excellence."
"Develop and retain the best consultants where trust and caring are central to fostering professional growth; integrity; ethics; quality; professionalism; continuous improvement; and to embrace innovation and change."
Nationwide Supply Chain - Parts And Purchasing Manager
I am a fully retained recruiter working on a newly created role at a nationwide company in Lewisville, TX. Company is growing, profitable and long-term debt free. They are a leader in the RV storage, servicing and sales industry and have plenty of repeat business to keep growing, year after year.
I personally have been in retained search for over 20 years, 95% of my hires are still at my clients at the five-year mark, and most have earned multiple promotions. I will be your one point of contact on this search, no junior recruiters will be screening you.
If you are ahead of your peers, I am very interested in a career long relationship between us. I will keep your resume and information confidential and I will not send your resume to any of my clients without your expressed permission. My name is Ken DeWitt and my firm is Summit Executive Search Group.
Email me your resume, let’s talk (via email first, then live via phone).
Detailed Job Spec available along with my client’s name, once we connect, and once we agree it is a mutual fit.
Required and Desired experience:
- Proven effective leadership of minimum 20 employees and at multiple locations.
- Proven Supply Chain expertise.
- Knowledge of RV industry a strong plus.
- Technologically advanced.
- APICS Certified.
- 10 years’ experience minimum.
- Demonstrated ability to establish structure, systems and process to keep up with rapid growth.
- Your internal “customers” are the Service Advisors and RV Techs (mechanics).
- Ability to work well with others – we want to keep our place a friendly and cooperative workplace
- Positive and Can-Do attitude
- Parts forecasting experience preferred
- Drug free - must pass a drug test
- Legally able to work in the USA – we are an E-Verify employer
We are a long-term debt free company, very financially stable company, with long time employees who are all considered part of the family. We are growing and have plenty of repeat customers who consider us lifelong partners in their love of RVs. We are looking for a high energy, and detailed obsessed automotive or RV parts professional who wants to set things up the right way from teh beginning, and become a long term valued member of our family team! The role pays a generous hourly wage plus bonus and benefits. You will have all the responsibility and will get all of the credit for a job well done! Very high-profile position.
What The Company Offers:
We believe in investing in our employees with a great benefits package, and ongoing training to help you reach your career goals. We value loyalty in our employees, but also recognize that is earned over time and we will do what it takes to earn your loyalty.
· Very Competitive Pay AND Potential Overtime Pay and/or Performance Bonuses!
· Medical, Dental and Vision Plan, 401k plan
· Vacation pay, holiday pay and benefit days
· No Sundays!! And most positions no Saturdays!
Manager, Supply Chain Systems (Hospital Exp Required)
Facility: Verity Health System Corporate Office, Redwood City CA
Department: Supply Chain (8401)
*Hospital experience is required*
The Supply Chain Systems Manager is responsible for the daily operations of all functions assigned by the Supply Chain leadership within the system. The Supply Chain Systems Manager assists in integrating the department's services with the system's primary functions, develops/implements policies and procedures that guide or support service, assesses and improves department performance, and ensures orientation and continuing education of departmental staff as assigned. This role serve as a keys promoter of the Supply Chain System, which strives to meet and exceed the needs of its customers.
· Supply chain system management (PMM)
· Supply chain system maintenance (PMM)
· Contract management (GPO/local)
· Supply chain contract analysis
· Manage small team of supply chain analysts
· Maintains vendor relationships
· Assists facilities with data analytics and KPI's
· Creates and maintains standard and custom reports
Verity Health System
It is a time of incredible opportunity at the brand-new Verity Health. We in the midst of a full-scale revitalization of a deeply-rooted healthcare system which was built on a mission of serving California's diverse communities. Whether you're on the front lines at a hospital, or behind the scenes supporting their success, across our six locations from Los Angeles to the SF Bay Area, you'll be joining our team of enthusiastic and compassionate people who are driving the next generation of results-oriented, best-in-class, patient-first service.
We are 8000 dedicated, passionate individuals who are in this together – some with a long history in the organization and others who have recently joined are now working side by side to build a bright future at Verity. While we have come a long way, there is still a lot of exciting work ahead of us. We are looking for top-notch talent for all of our departments--whether you're experienced or just out of school, no matter your industry or background, we need your ideas, your perspective and your energy.
Verity offers not only a chance to do work that matters, through improving the health of local communities, but also a compelling mix of a startup pace, immense career growth potential, and the rare chance to have a direct impact on an organization going through a significant business transformation. If you find joy in challenging yourself to improve every day, immersing yourself in teamwork and dedicating yourself to something bigger, we want to talk with you at Verity, where we are truly together in health.
Respect-We demonstrate that we value others and ourselves through our words and actions.
Caring-We provide our patients and their families with compassionate, quality care, treating them and each other with kindness.
Integrity-We act with honesty and transparency and do the right thing.
Passion-We are dedicated to making a difference in the health of our communities and in the lives of those we serve.
Stewardship-We are committed to being wise stewards of our resources, creative in our approach to challenges and opportunities, and accountable for the results we want to achieve as a charitable organization.
How to apply
Please apply online through this system or send your resume to Sylvia Munguia, Strategic Human Resources Business Partner for Verity Health System.
Opened as Mary's Help Hospital in 1912, Seton Medical Center, a 357 licensed bed facility serves the highly diverse 1.5 million residents of San Francisco and San Mateo counties with a comprehensive range of inpatient and outpatient services. Its sister hospital is Seton Coastside, a 116-bed skilled nursing facility located in the coastal town of Moss Beach. Seton Coastside offers the only 24-hour Standby Emergency Department along the 55-mile coastal stretch between Daly City and Santa Cruz.
Supply Chain Analyst
- Implement and provide guidance and support to the global, region, and country purchasing and sourcing organizations and the global category management team to ensure all category management strategies and sourcing plans are adopted, operationalized, and delivering expected value
- Work with the global, region, and country purchasing and sourcing organizations to achieve year-over-year cost, delivery, and overall performance improvements from client company’s supply base;
- Drive rationalization/standardization of supplied goods and services throughout client company
- Educate the regions and product lines on global procurement standards and how to adopt into their environment
- Facilitate meetings with stakeholders to understand operational needs and provide the global procurement and sourcing perspective
- Ensure adoption, implementation, and consistent compliance with client company’s global procurement policies, procedures, guidelines, and business needs
- Monitor the work of internal stakeholders to ensure that client company’s codes of ethics and compliance in procurement are upheld
- Participate in the development of standard procurement and sourcing operating procedures with minimal supervision
- Understand, recommend, and implement new and revised streamlined policies and processes to continuously improve procurement and sourcing processes across client company
- Mentor and train team members and stakeholders regarding procurement processes including complex negotiating, influencing techniques, and contract execution
- Develop and implement sourcing plans with established milestones and anticipated completion dates in collaboration with Category Management
- Following award decision, support detailed quantification and documentation of savings and other results of sourcing projects/initiatives
- Lead, manage/execute, and facilitate diverse sourcing initiatives for materials and services in the regions
- Communicates results timely, clear and concise to the business and procurement and sourcing leadership
- Collaborate with the regions to establish key performance indicators, set performance targets, and document total cost of ownership
- Take responsibility for leading contract and service level agreement negotiations
- Develop and execute negotiating strategies using cost models, scenarios, and market intelligence.
- Establish acceptable negotiation boundaries to help determine trade-offs and business benefits from a range of negotiation outcomes
- Gain consensus on acceptable risk levels and contract language with all stakeholders including Legal, Risk, HSE and Operations
- Create bid package and coordinate the bid (RFI,RFT,RFQ) process including, pre-bid/proposal meetings, walk-throughs, bid openings, bid tabulation and bid reviews
- Support activities involve leading and managing RFP events, negotiating pricing, commercial contract terms and conditions, consistently maximizing business value
- Provide analytics to support the business make final vendor selection/award decision
- Directly interfaces with current and potential suppliers to maximize benefits sought such as total procured value, services, and risk mitigation
- Develop relationship management strategies by which suppliers are evaluated, selected and managed in accordance with established guidelines and best practices
- Develop balanced supplier score cards and report on key supplier performance metrics, conduct benchmarking studies and track contract utilization, service delivery, and service level agreement
- Establish formal meeting schedules with key stakeholders and suppliers to resolve issues, and review key performance metrics
- Ensuring accurate and up to date contracts and supplier records are maintained
- Set standards for dealings with suppliers to ensure that regulations on bribery and corruption are upheld and report any breaches of regulations to senior management or responsible authorities
· Maintain a high regard for personal safety, the safety of company assets and employees
· Has grounded understanding of procurement and has knowledge of and is able to explain: 5 rights that relate to procurement: price/cost, quality, time, quantity, and place and how these apply to commercial transactions or agreements
· Documentation typically used in procurement: requisitions, orders, delivery notes, invoices and able to advise others in the organization how to use these How to ensure that requisitions, orders, and invoices are clear and correct and clarify requirements when communicating with stakeholders
· Use of documented policies and procedures of procurement, including responsibilities, regulations, levels of delegated authority, sourcing process, invoice clearance and payment and be able to advise stakeholders on the interpretation
· E-sourcing and e-tendering systems used in procurement to promote contract opportunities, pre-qualify suppliers, and receive and evaluate quotations and tenders
· Use of purchase to pay (P2P) systems including e-requisitioning, e-catalogues, e-ordering and e-invoicing How to use systems technology and databases for purchase ordering, such as ERP systems
· Total cost of ownership and able to explain how the purchases of goods can be evaluated on this basis Internal stakeholders on procurement and supply issues that impact financial budgets Advantages/disadvantages of a range of pricing methods and apply these in the procurement of goods Anti-bribery laws such as US Foreign Corrupt Practices Act Strategic Sourcing.
· Has grounded understanding of modern sourcing strategies
· Uses multiple levers/approaches to create total cost value in sourcing projects
· Understand the role of category management and its function in the sourcing process
· Have strong supplier development & relationship management skills Negotiation Skills
· Plans and executes negotiation strategies according to best practice principles; has command of facts, alternatives, stakeholders, and sequenced negotiation plan
· Shows commercial leadership Financial Analysis
· Demonstrates ability to construct and accurately manage large, complex data sets and cost models; skilled at conducting scenario/sensitivity analytics
· Able to calculate basic financial analysis of cost and prices and use this data to negotiate with suppliers
· Qualitative Thinking
· Leverages data and non-data driven insights to develop a point of view and facilitate decision making Supply Market Expertise
· Analyzes complex supply markets, global trends, and innovation potentials residing in these markets to identify commercial opportunities and business risks
- Aptitude for technical topics, i.e., when sourcing a technical material or service, candidate is naturally interested in learning technical details of the material/service
- Embraces fact based decision making processes; naturally seeks to leverage cost models and valid company, vendor, and third-party data to dispassionately drive outcomes
- Demonstrates credible project management skills, including stakeholder, timeline, and meeting management; has keen awareness of critical path items
- Detail-oriented, organized team player;
- manages change through influence;
- flexible, dynamic, self-demanding and proactive individual;
- easily accepts constructive input
· Bachelor’s degree in business, accounting, supply chain management or related discipline required;
· MBA or Master degree preferred 8+ years of experience in Procurement and Strategic Sourcing of which 5+ in Strategic Sourcing Experience with commercial transactions and negotiation
· Experience with e-procurement tools and ERP systems such as JDE, SAP required
· Experience with contract lifecycle management Certified Purchasing Manager (CPM) or Certified Professional in Supply Management (CPSM) or is a plus
COENS is a diverse and dynamic company that provides clients in the Oil and Gas industry with total support services. With our origins and headquarters in South-Korea, we have spread our operations to China, Myanmar, Singapore, Russia, UAE and the US in almost 2 decades.
Along the way, we have gained the trust of numerous satisfied clients who have availed our services from design and fabrication through to commissioning, hook-up and operations.
We have also gained industry knowledge and experience, a vast client base, and international standards of management. We now supply our services at fabrication yards and engineering offices in Asia, Africa, North America, Europe and Australasia.
We are ethical and confident providing our support services to projects globally. We look forward to continuing to have a long and prosperous relationship with our Clients, Consultants and all our stakeholders.
Aerospace Global Supply Chain Manager
ohnson Service Group (JSG) is teamed with a leader in the aerospace, defense and commercial markets, and we are searching for a talented Global Supplier Manager to effectively manage the global supply base to maximize performance and optimize cost for assigned strategic suppliers.
Scope of Experience and
3-5+ years of related strategic supplier sourcing experience or a background in purchasing as a Sr. Buyer.
Knowledge of FAR and DFAR.
Understanding of Six Sigma and Lean Management.
Determine strategy development, including supply base and market knowledge, business integration, deployment planning, internal alignment and global awareness.
Responsible for project management, metrics and goals for assigned suppliers.
Ability to manage complex, large scope projects requiring strong project management skills, including risk management, financial model management, etc.
Experience with business tools such as WISE and E-Biz tools.
Manage supplier agreement, including all aspects of contract negotiations.
Demonstrated understanding of regulatory compliance.
Must have solid contract management and negotiation skills.
Will contribute to global sourcing processes, tools and continuous improvement and develop long term, strategic supplier partnerships.
Excellent communication skills.
Some light travel may be required.
Bachelor Degree is required in Business Management or a related field.
Purchasing certifications such as CPM, CPI and/or APICS is a plus.
Project Management certification is desirable.
Santa Clarita, CA
Compensation: Highly competitive, including an annual bonus and comprehensive benefits.
JSG growth throughout the years has extended to offices throughout the nation. We serve multiple industries from our offices throughout the United States and Canada.
Our success is widely driven by our full-service approach.
JSG's clients include Fortune 100 companies as well as Pre-IPO Technology companies. We provide a wide variety of job opportunities to our applicants and employees.
Supply Chain Manager
Dept: SCM Matrix Organization
Job Duties /
1. In support of the strategic direction of the plant and company, direct and manage the daily activities of the SCM function at including Planning, Procurement, Material Management, Customer Service and Shipping / Receiving departments.
2. Ensure the departments are appropriately staffed. Recommendations to increase and/or reduce staffing levels should be brought to the attention of your immediate Supr. and HR. Support recruiting, selection, and retention efforts for all direct report positions.
3. Establish and align annual goals/objectives and metrics to both Plant and SCM functional KPIs, and track performance to metrics on a monthly basis to ensure goals are being met. Take appropriate measures where necessary to investigate, identify root causes, and establish corrective actions to ensure future success.
4. Generate and present reports on SCM performance against KPI’s during one on one meeting’s with the Director of Supply Chain, Plant Operations or others during management reviews.
5. Promote continuous improvement within the SCM group, by periodically reviewing practices and procedures to ensure they meet current needs. Apply experience and knowledge as it relates to the essential functions of Planning, Procurement, Material Management, Customer Service and Shipping / Receiving to improve the overall service, efficiency and effectiveness in these areas to meet business needs.
6. Coordinate production planning and procurement of materials to enable seamless manufacturing of product that meets our business and customer’s needs.
7. Conduct analysis of customer forecasts and, historical sales data, and apply internal parameters, in order to reduce raw material purchase/process costs, optimize production schedules/maximize manufacturing efficiency, and manage inventory in accordance with prescribed parameters.
8. Continuously evaluate and manage suppliers & vendors to identify opportunities for improvement (i.e. reduced material costs, shorter lead times, vendor stocking opportunities). Use Interplex Industries global resources where applicable.
9. Interface with Customers in support of new business opportunities as well as existing programs.
10. Interface with internal operations (Sales, Engineering, Stamping, Plating, Molding, Cut & Pack) to support program management activities as needed.
11. Analyze production requirements, delivery schedules, and cost estimates for materials and equipment to ensure completeness and accuracy.
12. Prepare and or support requests for bids, material specifications, test and progress reports and other information that may be required.
13. Review bids received and determine conformity to production requirements.
Analyze price proposals and other extensions of supply agreements.
14. Work closely with Sales to develop and manage key customer relationships.
15. Insure accuracy and timeliness of information system in areas of responsibility.
16. Generate ideas to reduce costs, cycle time and improve internal/external customer satisfaction.
17. Conduct and/or direct through a designee, the training of new employees within the departments. Document training through the use of HR training forms and file in HR employee files.
18. Complete 90-day probationary evaluation forms for new employees and review their progress with them weekly. Completed forms are to be turned into the HR Dept.
19. Responsible for the documentation of employee performance related matters. (Performance Reviews, Incident Reports, Warning Forms, etc.)
20. Ensure that all departmental employees are following Company policies and procedures as set forth.
21. Follow Company Safety rules and wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as required.
22. Maintain regular and satisfactory attendance.
23. Achieving departmental goals and objectives, as well as supporting a 24/6 manufacturing environment, may require performing certain duties outside of “normal” work hours.
24. Other duties as assigned.
1. Provide recommendations on adequate staffing levels for the Material Management section.
2. Support recruiting, selection, and retention efforts for all direct report positions.
3. Provide clear direction and guidance, recognizing the role of both manager and mentor.
4. Provide training and career path planning for all direct reports. Ensure that duties and responsibilities for all direct report positions are clearly defined and understood by direct staff through established job descriptions, standard operating procedures, work instructions, & forms.
5. Evaluate, modify and/or develop short & long term goals, objectives and performance standards that align with the division and Corporate strategies and objectives.
6. Communicate goals, objectives and performance standards to staff and provide frequent feedback. When performance is not meeting goals or expectation, investigate root cause and implement corrective action to restore performance to an acceptable level.
7. Oversee and appraise the performance of all direct reports yearly to include the identification of training needs, performance improvement plans (where applicable), performance goals for the upcoming year, and salary adjustments to include any non-periodic bonus recommendations.
8. Consult with all areas of management responsible for policy or action. Ensure policy compliance within the Material Management section. Make recommendations for improving the effectiveness of policies and procedures and when employees are found in violation of company policies, work with the Human Resource Department to identify and issue the proper corrective disciplinary action.
9. Disposition direct report time off requests in accordance with time off policies.
10. Comply with and support all company policies as defined in the Employee Manual.
11. Follow all International Standards that apply to certification and QMS.
Education /Skills /
1. Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain, Business Management, or Engineering.
2. 5+ years of experience in a fast paced, high volume manufacturing environment and in Supply Chain, Purchasing Management, or Material Management functional area. Experience with procurement of Metals, Resins, Plating services, Packaging & MRO preferred.
3. 5 years of Supervisory experience coupled with demonstrated teambuilding and leadership skills.
4. Actual hands-on and demonstrated accomplishments in ensuring parts supply to keep manufacturing running, while in parallel maintaining desired inventory levels at RM, WIP, FG levels.
5. Demonstrated skills in inventory management and inventory reduction methods.
6. Key awareness of how daily tasks align with overall SCM and business goals and objectives, and can track/communicate as such. Plus, has accomplished ongoing process improvements in SCM.
7. Responsiveness and “Business savvy” when working with external Customers and Vendors.
8. Positive professional approach while being cooperative, able to work effectively as an individual contributor, team member and can work well in a matrix organization.
9. Highly organized and detail oriented. Capable of adapting to rapidly changing job requirements.
10. Effective listening and communication skills, both oral and written. Ability to effectively present information, respond to questions, and interact with all levels of the organization.
11. Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business documents and data, professional journals, and technical procedures.
12. Effective time management skills with ability to prioritize work and respond to multiple needs at the same time, i.e. multi-task.
13. Self-starter who takes initiative, accepts new challenges, and rises to the occasion.
14. Advanced computer skills and highly proficient in MS Word & Excel, as well as utilization of ERP system such as SAP, Plex or equivalent to determine MRP and Purchasing requirements.
15. Ability to deal with difficult issues tactfully and professionally and build strong working relationships.
16. Intermediate to advanced math skills including ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, areas, ratios, and volume.
17. Sound reasoning skills with ability to solve practical problems by defining the problem, collecting data, establishing facts, and drawing valid conclusions. Apply understanding to carry out instructions furnished in oral, written, or diagram form.
Supply Chain Planner
Our client offers excellent benefits & a rewarding work environment!
Benefits include: Comprehensive Medical, Prescription Drug Plan, and Dental Plan; Company-paid Basic Life and AD&D Insurance; Short and Long Term Disability; Medical and/or Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account; Prescription Safety Glasses; 401(k) Savings Plan with Match; Vacation Time and Company Paid Holidays; Continuing Education / Tuition Reimbursement; and a Corporate Wellness Program.
The Supply Chain Planner will analyze and implement production, materials, and capacity requirements to meet customer demand. This role will apply advanced material management concepts and controls to ensure continual flow of material to all areas of the operation while minimizing inventory levels and maintaining accurate inventories. In addition, the Supply Chain Planner will be the main customer contact for order fulfillment. The Planner must develop and manage customer relationships to meet or exceed customer expectations.
· Maintain and utilize business systems (MRP) to perform daily planning, and material purchasing functions.
· Receive customers’ orders and forecasts. Execute planning to meet customer requirements. Communicate with customer to resolve any supply issues.
· Enter transactions into customer’s ERP system as required (SAP or other).
· Procure raw and packaging materials from the vendors.
· Coordinate with Vendor to communicate forecasts, expectations and performance.
· Understand plant capacity, schedule operations, and provide a production plan to manufacturing.
· Provide project support as required in new project development and product transitions.
· Continuously improve the accuracy, effectiveness, and efficiency of the supply chain business processes and the information systems that run them.
· Develop strategies to improve inventory turns and increase inventory accuracy.
· Minimize material obsolescence.
· Requires a bachelor’s degree, preferably, in Materials Planning/Supply Chain or related area.
· Prior experience (2-4 years) in materials planning/supply chain.
· Requires strong organizational and time-management skills with good attention to detail and ability to coordinate and prioritize multiple projects.
· Must have strong analytical/problem solving skills.
· Good PC Skills including Microsoft office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint) as well as experience with Google suite, MRP Software, Inventory software, and order processing.
· Strong project management skills.
· Understanding of MRP concepts and ERP system functionality.
· APICS certification a plus.
Supply Chain Logistics, Warehouse, Shipping Manager
Warehouse, Logistics, Shipping Manager for small wholesale Distribution company. Products include Business Radios, Unlocked Phones and other Professional and Consumer Communication Devices. 1500 to 2000+ cartons per month. Individual units (many small) can be anywhere from 15,000 to 25,000 monthly and all are in case lots. Coordinating inbound and outbound shippers and working with freight carriers. Management and streamlining of warehouse operations. Company is long term (in 23rd year of business) and experiencing consistent and continued growth.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!