Long Wall Shear Operator Job Description Sample
Position Title: Shearer Operator
Pay rate: $14.00
-Tends power shear that cuts metal objects, such as sheets, plates, or bars to specified lengths: Lifts work piece manually, or by hoist or craine, to machine bed or roller table
Positions work piece against side guides and end stops or aligns layout lines under shear blade
Starts machine that clamps work piece and lowers blade to cut metal
May tend shear on production line where shear is fed by conveyor
May position stops according to calibrated gauge on machine to shear to length such items as scrap, billets, or reinforcing rods
May verify size of sheared items, using tape measure, caliper, or template
May perform or assist with maintenance as assigned by supervisor
May perform or assist with maintenance as assigned by supervisor
May shear metal to specified dimensions
Perform related duties as assigned by supervisor
Maintain compliance with all company policies and procedures
Skills and Responsibilities:
Ability to effectively communicate with internal customers
Must be able to work under pressure to meet deadlines while maintaining a positive attitude
Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines and standard operating practices
Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA, and other federal, state, and local standards, including meeting qualitative and /or quantitative productivity standards
Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADS, FMLA, and other federal, state, and local standards
Must be able to lift 50# with frequency
Dress Code: Steel toe boots required, jeans
Lifting Req: 50# frequently
Benefits of working with Award Staffing:
Vacation and Holiday Pay
Medical and Health Insurance
How to Apply:
You can apply at or you can connect with our Maplewood team at: or by texting .
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status. Award Staffing, Inc. Is a Drug Free Workplace/ EEO employer M/F/Veteran/Disability.
Mobile Shear / Heavy Equipment Operator
EMR - Southern Recydling is a global leader in metal recycling. We are privately owned with a heritage dating back to the 1940s and employ almost 3500 people operating at 150 locations around the world. We are currently looking for a full-time Heavy Equipment Operator to start immediately at our location in New Orleans, LA.
- - - - - - - - - - - -
- Operate light and heavy equipment such as mobile shears, backhoes, forklifts, skid steers, front end loaders
- Perform routine inspection and preventive maintenance on assigned equipment
- Complete all work in a safe and professional manner
- Proper material handling
- Complete required paperwork, forms, and records as required
- Ensure compliance with all Health and Safety Regulations
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Must pass pre-employemnt drug screen, criminal background and physical exam
- Ability to communicate with customers and co-workers
- Operator experience a must
- Mechanically inclined is a strong asset
- Maintain a clean work area
- Attention to detail
- Hand-Eye coordination
- Basic computer skills a plus
- - - - - - - - - - - -
Please forward your resume to: email@example.com. Thank you for your interest in EMR - Southern Recyling.
- - - - - - - - - - - -
EMR - European Metal Recycling is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, genetic information, status as a protected veteran or status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal law.
- - - - - - - -
Our core business is the recycling of scrap metal from a range of sources such as End-of-Life vehicles/consumer products, industry, construction and demolition. We have extensive ferrous and non-ferrous operations worldwide and produce over 100 grades of high quality recycled materials which are taken to market by our substantial road, rail and shipping network.
Supporting our core activities are a range of specialist divisions including industrial clearance, total waste management, ship breaking, servicing local government service providers and cable, copper and aluminum granulation facilities. Also, through our own and our joint venture activities we are working towards becoming a zero waste company.
AM – 7:00 PM
- Operator must be familiar with safe use and practical operation of production sheet metal shears.
- Shear Operator will use a forklift to load and unload steel sheets and plates (20 gauge to ¼” plate) onto machine table for shearing.
- Shear operator must be able to safely lift 50 lbs on a routine basis.
- The ability to read and measure according to customer drawings is also required.
- Shear operators will receive work order paperwork and picking list for each individual job and then trim, cut and package finished work according to customer specs.
- Operator will keep track of serialized tags and heat numbers for every piece of material through integrated use of inventory management kiosk and physical tag system.
- Orders range in size from one-of-a-kind orders to production orders of 30,000 pieces per part.
- 1-2 years experience operating a Shear Operator
- Forklift experience required, forklift certification a plus
- Ability to read tape measure accurately (tolerance to 1/64”) is an absolute must.
Snelling will take time to personally interview you in order to understand your personality and needs. We understand that people thrive in supportive, motivating and challenging work environments. Let us be your partner in finding the right opportunity. With our 65 years of recruiting experience, Snelling is dedicated to providing the direction and resources that you need to succeed. Our team is here to help guide you through the process of finding your next right-fit job opportunity.
Clam Shell Die Cutter, Punch Press And Shear Operator
We are currently seeking a Clam Shell Die Cutter, Punch Press/Shear Operator to set-up and operate a die cutter, punch press and shear in a manufacturing environment. Be knowledgeable of various material types such as cold rolled steel, galvanized, stainless steel, aluminum and copper. Must have experience with setup and operation of the machines.
- High Energy
- Detailed Oriented
- Team Oriented
- Good math skills will help operators understand complex instructions, how schematics work and make sure items are designed and built correctly.
- Die Cutter and Punch Press operators will need to know why machines are not at peak performance, how to increase output and how to fix errors.
- Die Cutter, Punch Press machines and Shears are precision equipment. Keen attention to detail is required.
- Die Cutter/Punch Press/Shear operators often work long hours doing repetitive movements.
- Experienced in an industrial/manufacturing environment.
- Ability to read calipers and a tape measure.
- Previous experience operating and setting up a punch press and die cutter.
- Ability to read and understand blueprints.
Education and/or Experience: High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
Hours: Full Time, with a minimum of 40 hours per week.
We value our employees’ time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our competitive compensation and an extensive benefits package including paid time off, medical, dental and vision benefits and future growth opportunities within the company. Plus, we work to maintain the best possible environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
CURRENTLY LOOKING FOR A FULL TIME SHEAR OPERATOR
MUST BE ABLE TO:
READ BLUE PRINTS
Speak and Read English
WE OFFER MEDICAL, DENTAL ,VISION INSURANCE NO COST TO YOU for YOU.
Shear And Press Brake Operator
Press brake operators produce parts for enclosures using a press brake, a computer numeric controlled (CNC) piece of equipment that makes precision bends into material.
Look at blueprints or plans for the finished product details, make adjustments to the machine to control speed, material feed and bend angles, as well as make sure the machines are set up properly, working well, and producing quality product.
Checks height, depth and thickness using micrometers, dial indicators, calipers, gauges and other precision-measuring instruments.
They make sure their machines are working at full capacity, are stocked with needed materials, well-maintained and perform periodic checks on output.
They look at the finished product to ensure it is defect-free and ready for the next step in production.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ability to set-up and operate AMADA NC9-EX2, RG80, RG125 machines.
- Knowledge of FABRI-BEND is a plus.
- Knowledge of all bend allowances for sheet metal from 20GA-.250 THICK on stainless steel, KOTE(Galvanized), and Aluminum.
- Read and understand BOM’s, drawings and custom blueprints (when needed).
- Use small hand tools, measuring instruments.
- Responsible for reviewing work tickets, drawings and BOM's to ensure accuracy.
- Shop math skills are recommended for press brake operators to understand complex instructions, how schematics work and make sure items are designed and built correctly.
- Problem Solving
Press brake operators will need to know why machines are not at peak performance, must know how to troubleshoot and solve issues.
- Attention to Detail: Press brakes are precision equipment. Being off by millimeters could be a critical error. Keen attention to detail is required.
We offer these services:
- Recruiting and Staffing
- Project Outsourcing
- Recruitment Process Outsourcing
- Contractor Management Services
- Consulting Services.
Press Brake And Shear Operator
Seeking experienced Machinist. Will be cutting, bending, an punching to aid in the fabricating of dump bodies
Pay is directly correlated to skill level $11-40 / hr.
Demolition Shear Operator
operating an excavator with a shear attachment, 5 years of experience required on industrial demolition projects
Relief Operator / Shear Operator
Setup shear heads and match shear standards to ensure high quality carpet. Assist in keeping all oilers filled, chemicals for topicals changed out, filters in froth room cleaned, etc. Assist with keeping waste bins emptied when needed.
Assist Operator in getting weight checks. Clean ditch (portion of ditch assigned each shift). Ability to drive lift truck. Physical
Lifting is required of tools, buckets, and cups with weights up to 40 lbs approximately 10 times per shift.
Standing is required; up to 12 hours per shift. Reaching is required for tools, buckets, and cups 20 to 40 times per shift.
Stooping is required 20 to 40 times per shift for intervals of 5 to 30 minutes. Bending is required for tools, buckets, cups 20 to 40 times per shift.
Must use hand trucks 20 to 40 times per shift.
Must use tools and scales 20 to 40 times per shift. Experience/
High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
Must be able to read and write and do basic addition, subtraction, division, and multiplication. Computer knowledge or data entry skills are a necessary part of the job. Other
Overtime is required on occasion. All accidents must be reported immediately. Perform any other duties as assigned.
Safety equipment must be worn as required and requirements must be followed for all areas. Report to management any quality, safety, or potential problems encountered while performing the job. Responsible for quality and safety of his/her own output.
Shear & Brake Operator
Temp to Perm Description:
• Operate Break and Shear Machines • Load, install and correctly setup tooling as required • Read work order or understand instructions to correctly produce parts • Accurately process a variety of metals with differing characteristics • Measure parts/materials for precise cutting, punching locations, break locations • Inspected completed work to ensure accuracy • Perform assigned work to time standards and quality expectations • Problem solving • Work in safe manner • Wear common PPE required.
• High school or equivalent • Experience
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!