Lumber Scaler Job Description Sample
Company: Trinity SeafoodLocation: US-NJ-LakewoodZip Code: 08701Minimum Level of Education: High School or EquivalentMinimum Years of Experience: 0-1Position Type: Non-ExemptTravel Percentage: 0
Use hand or hand tools to perform routine scaling and trimming of seafood.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
Must have working knowledge of seafood production equipment.
Demonstrated ability to identify and scale all types of whole fish in accurate and timely manner.
Ability to reduce processing costs by cutting and sizing portions accurately with good yields
Clean, scrape, trim fish for future processing.
Weigh fish and tag containers for weight, contents and customer name
Separate fish and byproducts into specified containers and seal containers.
Prepare raw materials for further processing
Ensure that all product specifications are being met according to guidelines.
Ensure compliance of all company policies, procedures and safety guidelines.
Perform duties quickly to meet all deadlines imposed.
Maintain cleanliness of cut room, ensure work area is free of debris and abides by company safety policy.
Follow FDA requirements for the processing and production of Fresh/Frozen seafood
Complete other duties as requested by supervisor.
Responsible for following and maintaining company policies regarding employee handbook and corporate policies.
Skills Needed: Skills and Competencies:
Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
Work independently, be reliable, responsible, dependable
Demonstrated ability to interact with others.
Capable of handling multiple tasks at once.
Demonstrated ability to adjust to sudden changes in customer demands or operational goals.
Demonstrated commitment to work until job is completed
Ability to read, comprehend and carry out simple instructions.
The work environment is cold (between the 35-45 degrees) and while performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to handle objects, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit and talk or hear. The employee must be able to lift and/or move items up to 25-80 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. May frequently be required to work OT (including weekends/days off)
For questions regarding the status of your application, please contact Sheila Santangelo at
or by email at
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.
Employment Type: Full Time
Log Scaler / Inventory Control - Lead
Humboldt Redwood Company has an immediate opening for a Log Scaler / Inventory Control - Lead for our Scotia, CA Sawmill.
Provides leadership in the log yard assuring log quality, resolution to log quality issues internally and externally by following sawmill operation’s quality standards and certification policies, maintaining accurate inventory control using log inventory software
Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Coordinates operations daily with the Sawmill Supervisor
- Communicates with Shipping Supervisor several times a week to monitor log usage
- Leads and trains employees in the log yard to perform activities such as sorting, scaling, decking, and inventorying logs
- Schedules equipment operators and scalers to keep logs moving to needed locations
- Oversees operations of loading logs to outside customers
- Maintains an accurate level of inventory in the log yard
- Establishes or adjusts work procedures to meet production schedules
- Maintains production records
- Analyzes and resolves work problems, or assists workers in solving work problems
- Reports machine and equipment malfunctions to maintenance personnel
- Interprets company policies to workers and enforces safety regulations
- Ensures log yard is well maintained, clean and safe
- Provides work direction to employees in the log yard and ensures that employees follow company policies and procedures, but does not have direct performance appraisal responsibility for them.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and five years log scaling experience. Must be proficient in distinguishing various log species and in scaling of redwood logs.
- Must maintain and carry a valid California driver license and remain eligible and capable of operating company vehicles including automobiles and trucks.
- Must have the ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure.
- Must have the ability to read, write and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating instructions and procedures.
- To perform this position successfully, an individual should be proficient in using MS Excel, MS Word and MS Outlook, customized inventory control software and similar software programs; keyboarding; must have knowledge of scaling computers.
- Email a cover letter and resume to ZipRecruiter or
- Send by fax to 707-485-6873 or
- Call HR Recruiting for more information 707-620-2940
Equal Opportunity Employer, Valuing Diversity of our Workforce and Offering a Drug Free Workplace
Humboldt Redwoods forestry operations include approximately 327 square miles (209,300 acres) of coast redwood and Douglas-fir forestlands. Our forestlands are located about five hours north of the Golden Gate Bridge in Humboldt County, California.
Lumber & Labor Estimator For Residential Wood Framing
So. Bay Framing contractor is now looking for a lumber & labor estimator.
Applicant must be able to calculate accurately all lumber, all cutting and be able to create hit sheets for track housing and multi family wood framing,
Applicant must be proficient in doing cad drawings, and computer layouts.
Applicant must have a minimum of 5 years of wood framing experience.
If you meet the above requirements and are interested in a great job in a tight knit company please submit your resume.
Yard Manager/Assistant Manager For Lumber & Plywood Distributor
YARD MANAGER OR ASSISTANT YARD MANAGER, FOR A LUMBER AND PLYWOOD DISTRIBUTOR
Tulnoy Lumber is looking to add to our management team. We would like to hire a yard manager or assistant yard manager at our Carteret, New Jersey facilities. Applicant should have management experience in the building products industry.
The ideal candid should be skilled in shipping, receiving, labor management, scheduling, delivery truck routing, inventory management, and inventory control at a lumber, plywood or building products distribution company. To be considered you need knowledge of building products, and experience managing people. Ideal candidate will have knowledge of heavy duty trucks (flatbeds and tractor trailers) and forklifts.
Tulnoy Lumber is a +85 year old financially secure building materials distribution wholesaler. We operate three distribution yards and maintain a multimillion dollar inventory. We operate three railroad sidings and run a fleet of 28 trucks. We service customers from Massachusetts to Pennsylvania and New Jersey including metropolitan New York.
Our company inventories spruce and fir lumber, douglas fir and yellow pine plywood, pine boards, fire retardant plywood, doors, nails, screws and related hardware items. Working knowledge of these items would be a plus.
We will provide a salary, benefits, and a 401K. The work week is Monday through Friday. This is a career opportunity.
If you are a capable operations manager with experience in our industry, we would like to talk to you. If you do not have the experience, please do not send us your resume. If you would like to explore a career opportunity, please send us your resume.
Here are some additional qualifications we are looking for:
Strong organizational and follow-up skills
Ability to multitask.
Strong negotiating skills
Proficiency in reading and writing English
• Math proficiency.
• Proficiency with written communications
• Ability to listen and interpret people’s needs
• Ability to pass random drug testing
• Good references
Thank you for your interest.
Laborer - Lumber Mill
Direct Hire opportunity with a local lumber mill in Longview, WA!
They are seeking dedicated, capable and eager workers to add to their already strong workforce. This is an awesome opportunity for the right candidate!
Positions include: lifting, loading, machine operating, forklift, inventory, and all types of labor/mill work.
Company has Swing and Night shifts to cover.
- Be professional and have a great attitude
- Recent and verifiable warehouse, mill or labor experience
- Ability to lift 70-80lbs without assistance
- Own steel toed boots
- Must have high school Diploma or equivalent
- Some background restrictions apply
- Ability to pass a pre-employment drug test
- Reliable transportation
*Application incomplete without Word format resume*
- Direct Hire
- May start Part Time until training is completed
American Workforce Group is a locally owned staffing agency partnering with many of Cowlitz County's top employers. Our mission statement: “We positively impact people and our community by placing motivated qualified individuals at great places to work.” If you're a motivated, qualified individual we want you!!
To apply; please email email@example.com or give us a call at (360) 200-4900. Office hours are Monday- Friday 8 am- 5 pm.
We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of nondiscrimination in employment on any basis including race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, veteran status, age, disability, and any other status protected by law.
American Workforce Group, "Built on Relationships, Backed by Integrity!"
Call (360) 388-6900 or (360) 200-4900 for more information.
American Workforce Group "Built on Relationships, Backed by Integrity"
Commodities Lumber Trader
Richmond International Forest Products, LLC (RIFP) is looking for a LumberTrader Assistant to potentially advance to becoming a Lumber Trader to join our team.
At Richmond International Forest Products our mission is to provide our customers with the best products and timely solutions for their needs, and to utilize our fiscally sound position to provide the liquidity that our suppliers desire. We have been in business for over 40 years, by building on our history of solid relationships and reliable results, we strive to further expand our national and international footprint in the forestry products industry. We are a subsidiary of Forest City Trading Group (FCTG) which is our parent company located in Portland, Oregon. Our website is www.rifp.com.
This is a full-time position with compensation determined based on experience. We believe in paying our people for their performance. Understanding that there is a transition period between lumber trader assistant to becoming a lumber trader, we negotiate a fair salary to bridge this period and have a complete benefit package including health, life, vision, 401k, etc...
This position will start as a lumber trader assistant working in multiple departments for a time period between 9-18 months to get an overall understanding of what RIFP does and to learn the business. After being promoted individual will transfer to becoming a lumber trader trainee (Jr. Trader) in order to develop into becoming a full-time lumber trader.
Duties and Responsibilities as Lumber Trader Assistant (First 9-18 months):
- Perform write-up of orders
- Assist in inventory management i.e. reload tracking
- Team member performing tasks in the traffic department
- Pre-prospecting on potential new accounts
- Print and research Bill of Ladings and Proof of Deliveries documentation
- Check on late orders and provide update to trader
- Update Random Lengths print into internal documents
- Maintain pricing inventory averages for zones
- Update and manage daily pricelist for 8-10 specific target locations
- Compile MSR pricing to take to MSR accounts
- Coordinate meetings with the department and the entire trading floor
- Be able to gather and track information for internal use i.e. sales numbers
- Interact with administrative staff in answering questions they may have for the trading floor and assist in solving problems.
- Assist in any other task that traders may need done
Duties and Responsibilities as Lumber Trader (Long term job) after being Lumber Trader Assistant:
- Call on customers to generate sales daily- quote, negotiate and close conditions of sale.
- Input orders and follow through with shipment to insure timely delivery.
- Call on suppliers and get list of offering - determine pricing strategy, negotiate sales, write up order and forward to traffic.
- Attend and participate in morning market industry/segment meetings.
- Prospect new customers by working with department heads and credit department.
- Plan and budget daily, weekly, monthly, and yearly sales goals and measure results to goals. Each trader is solely responsible to find customers which produce sales and income from commissions.
- Resolve any and all customer, mill, company disputes, issues, promptly and professionally.
- Assist in collections from customers by working with credit department.
- Interact with other traders on the floor to keep each other informed of changing market conditions and to provide customers a variety of products to be purchased from each department if needed, one-stop shopping.
Education and/or Experience: High School Diploma is required along with a Bachelor's Degree from four-year college or university; or Associate’s degree from two-year college plus one year related sales experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Each candidate depending on experience will have opportunity for annual training at company’s offsite lumber training education facility.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to be self-directed while working under tight deadlines.
- Ability to cope with change, make decisions and act comfortably with risk and uncertainty.
- Exceptionally strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills and willing to work extra hours as needed to complete tasks.
- Positive attitude with willingness to learn and be trained on company’s trading practices and business software is a must for this position.
- Must follow company processes and controls in place to ensure operating company stays in full compliance with annual audits.
- In addition must have a high level of attention to detail and work well with others. Fast paced environment with high volume of transactions.
- Desire to succeed in order to be promoted to lumber trader.
- Experience using Microsoft Products is required and any experience using Sales Assist and A/S 400 is a plus.
Richmond International Forest Products is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We offer a competitive wage and benefits package, including health, dental, vision, life, 401k, and disability insurance (if qualify).
Candidate must work out of the Richmond VA office. No satellite employees will be hired.
The Estimator position is responsible for residential takeoffs, both new and additions. The Estimator will be responsible for reviewing plans and specifications and formulating an accurate material list to use for shipping. Must have knowledge of lumber and related building materials along with construction methods and techniques. We will provide some on the job training.
Ability to communicate and develop relationships with professional builders, framing contractors, salespeople, and vendors.
Lumber Yard Manager
Do you like the idea of working for a stable, established growing business? The secret of our success is we like what we do!
HEP Sales and North Main Lumber in Cortland is seeking a person to manage the operations of one of our company's biggest lumber yards. The Lumber Yard Manager will be responsible for maintaining the condition of the lumber yard, inventory, scheduling deliveries, and for the performance of the yard and delivery employees.
Schedule may include weekends and holidays.
· Lumber and Building Materials knowledge
· Management experience
· Strong customer service, communication, and problem solving skills
HEP Sales/North Main Lumber offers a competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package including: Medical, dental, and vision benefits; 401(k); Paid Time Off (PTO) and holidays; Merchandise discount; JOB STABILITY and Opportunity for advancement.
A local sawmill is hiring now for Full-time Lumbers Stackers. Qualified candidates will be responsible for stacking lumber, requiring heavy lifting and working outside.
Lead Sales Associate-Pt In Lumber City, GA
At Dollar General, our customer is at the center of everything we do! We are a fast-moving Fortune 200 publicly-traded company with more than 14,000 stores and 14 distribution centers in 44 states, growing by hundreds of stores each year. We work in an energetic atmosphere that embraces innovation and teamwork. At Dollar General, you can see a clear and fast path to career growth and success. We are committed to attracting talented and motivated people who can advance our mission of "Serving Others." Let's Grow Together! GENERAL SUMMARY: Function as a Cashier and/or Stocker and act in a lead capacity in the absence of the Store Manager or Assistant Store Manager. Assist in setting and maintaining plan-o-grams and programs. Provide exemplary customer service. Perform other duties as necessary to maximize profitability, customer satisfaction, and teamwork, while protecting company assets and reducing losses. DUTIES and ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Unload trucks according to the prescribed process for the store.
Follow company work processes to receive, open and unpack cartons and totes.
Stock merchandise; rotate and face merchandise on shelves and build merchandise displays.
Restock returned and recovered merchandise.
Order zones and drop shipment categories, following prescribed ordering practices, as assigned by the Store Manager.
Assist in plan-o-gram implementation and maintenance.
Assist customers by locating merchandise.
Bail cardboard and take out trash; dust and mop store floors; clean restroom and stockroom.
Greet customers as they enter the store.
Maintain register countertops and bags; implement register countertop plan-o-grams.
Operate cash register and flatbed scanner to itemize and total customer's purchase; bag merchandise.
Collect payment from customer and make change.
Clean front end of store and help set up sidewalk displays.
Help to maintain a clean, well-organized store and facilitate a safe and secure working and shopping environment.
Provide superior customer service leadership.
Follow company policies and procedures as outlined in the Standard Operating Procedures manual, Employee Handbook, and company communications.
Open and/or close the store under specific direction of the Area Manager. In the Absence of the Store Manager or Assistant Store Manager:
Authorize and sign for refunds and overrides; count register; make bank deposits.
Assist in maintaining strict cashier accountability, key control, and adherence to company security practices and cash control procedures.
Monitor cash levels and make appropriate drawer pulls as directed by the Store Manager.
Monitor cameras for unusual activities (customers and employees), if applicable.
Supply cashiers with change when needed.
Complete all required paperwork and documentation according to guidelines and deadlines as assigned. KNOWLEDGE and SKILLS:
Ability to perform mathematical calculations such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and percentages.
Knowledge of cash handling procedures including cashier accountability and deposit control.
Ability to perform IBM cash register functions.
Knowledge of cash, facility and safety control policies and practices.
Effective interpersonal and oral & written communication skills.
Understanding of safety policies and practices.
Ability to read and follow plan-o-gram and merchandise presentation guidance. WORK EXPERIENCE and/or EDUCATION:
High school diploma or equivalent and six months of supervisory experience (or related experience/training) preferred. Relocation assistance is not available for this position. Dollar General Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. Requisition ID: 2016-87779 Street: 205 US HIGHWAY 341 External Company URL: http://www.dollargeneral.com
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!