Lumber Sorter Job Description Sample
Robinson Lumber Company is looking to hire a full-time Hardwood Lumber Inspector. Primary duties and responsibilities include consistent and accurate grading of green and dried lumber.
The successful candidate must be NHLA certified or equivalent experience and have the flexibility and ability to work in a team oriented, fast paced work environment. Tag Lumber Services is a provider of lumber drying, grading, sorting, and shipping services worldwide. We are a strong team dedicated to continuous improvements. Responsibilities • Visually inspects lumber according to species, grade, and dimension; • Uses NHLA lumber grading rules to inspect lumber; • Able to re-manufacture and upgrade lumber to increase value • Control quality and productivity throughout the inspection process • Communicate quality issues with other team members Qualifications • GED/HS degree • 2+ years experience • Experience with NHLA rules • Effective written and verbal communication • Ability to work well with others with excellent attendance record This is not an entry level position and will require proven competencies
Lumber & Labor Estimator For Residential Wood Framing
So. Bay Framing contractor is now looking for a lumber & labor estimator.
Applicant must be able to calculate accurately all lumber, all cutting and be able to create hit sheets for track housing and multi family wood framing,
Applicant must be proficient in doing cad drawings, and computer layouts.
Applicant must have a minimum of 5 years of wood framing experience.
If you meet the above requirements and are interested in a great job in a tight knit company please submit your resume.
Yard Manager/Assistant Manager For Lumber & Plywood Distributor
YARD MANAGER OR ASSISTANT YARD MANAGER, FOR A LUMBER AND PLYWOOD DISTRIBUTOR
Tulnoy Lumber is looking to add to our management team. We would like to hire a yard manager or assistant yard manager at our Carteret, New Jersey facilities. Applicant should have management experience in the building products industry.
The ideal candid should be skilled in shipping, receiving, labor management, scheduling, delivery truck routing, inventory management, and inventory control at a lumber, plywood or building products distribution company. To be considered you need knowledge of building products, and experience managing people. Ideal candidate will have knowledge of heavy duty trucks (flatbeds and tractor trailers) and forklifts.
Tulnoy Lumber is a +85 year old financially secure building materials distribution wholesaler. We operate three distribution yards and maintain a multimillion dollar inventory. We operate three railroad sidings and run a fleet of 28 trucks. We service customers from Massachusetts to Pennsylvania and New Jersey including metropolitan New York.
Our company inventories spruce and fir lumber, douglas fir and yellow pine plywood, pine boards, fire retardant plywood, doors, nails, screws and related hardware items. Working knowledge of these items would be a plus.
We will provide a salary, benefits, and a 401K. The work week is Monday through Friday. This is a career opportunity.
If you are a capable operations manager with experience in our industry, we would like to talk to you. If you do not have the experience, please do not send us your resume. If you would like to explore a career opportunity, please send us your resume.
Here are some additional qualifications we are looking for:
Strong organizational and follow-up skills
Ability to multitask.
Strong negotiating skills
Proficiency in reading and writing English
• Math proficiency.
• Proficiency with written communications
• Ability to listen and interpret people’s needs
• Ability to pass random drug testing
• Good references
Thank you for your interest.
The Estimator position is responsible for residential takeoffs, both new and additions. The Estimator will be responsible for reviewing plans and specifications and formulating an accurate material list to use for shipping. Must have knowledge of lumber and related building materials along with construction methods and techniques. We will provide some on the job training.
Ability to communicate and develop relationships with professional builders, framing contractors, salespeople, and vendors.
Lumber Yard Manager
Do you like the idea of working for a stable, established growing business? The secret of our success is we like what we do!
HEP Sales and North Main Lumber in Cortland is seeking a person to manage the operations of one of our company's biggest lumber yards. The Lumber Yard Manager will be responsible for maintaining the condition of the lumber yard, inventory, scheduling deliveries, and for the performance of the yard and delivery employees.
Schedule may include weekends and holidays.
· Lumber and Building Materials knowledge
· Management experience
· Strong customer service, communication, and problem solving skills
HEP Sales/North Main Lumber offers a competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package including: Medical, dental, and vision benefits; 401(k); Paid Time Off (PTO) and holidays; Merchandise discount; JOB STABILITY and Opportunity for advancement.
Commodities Lumber Trader
Richmond International Forest Products, LLC (RIFP) is looking for a LumberTrader Assistant to potentially advance to becoming a Lumber Trader to join our team.
At Richmond International Forest Products our mission is to provide our customers with the best products and timely solutions for their needs, and to utilize our fiscally sound position to provide the liquidity that our suppliers desire. We have been in business for over 40 years, by building on our history of solid relationships and reliable results, we strive to further expand our national and international footprint in the forestry products industry. We are a subsidiary of Forest City Trading Group (FCTG) which is our parent company located in Portland, Oregon. Our website is www.rifp.com.
This is a full-time position with compensation determined based on experience. We believe in paying our people for their performance. Understanding that there is a transition period between lumber trader assistant to becoming a lumber trader, we negotiate a fair salary to bridge this period and have a complete benefit package including health, life, vision, 401k, etc...
This position will start as a lumber trader assistant working in multiple departments for a time period between 9-18 months to get an overall understanding of what RIFP does and to learn the business. After being promoted individual will transfer to becoming a lumber trader trainee (Jr. Trader) in order to develop into becoming a full-time lumber trader.
Duties and Responsibilities as Lumber Trader Assistant (First 9-18 months):
- Perform write-up of orders
- Assist in inventory management i.e. reload tracking
- Team member performing tasks in the traffic department
- Pre-prospecting on potential new accounts
- Print and research Bill of Ladings and Proof of Deliveries documentation
- Check on late orders and provide update to trader
- Update Random Lengths print into internal documents
- Maintain pricing inventory averages for zones
- Update and manage daily pricelist for 8-10 specific target locations
- Compile MSR pricing to take to MSR accounts
- Coordinate meetings with the department and the entire trading floor
- Be able to gather and track information for internal use i.e. sales numbers
- Interact with administrative staff in answering questions they may have for the trading floor and assist in solving problems.
- Assist in any other task that traders may need done
Duties and Responsibilities as Lumber Trader (Long term job) after being Lumber Trader Assistant:
- Call on customers to generate sales daily- quote, negotiate and close conditions of sale.
- Input orders and follow through with shipment to insure timely delivery.
- Call on suppliers and get list of offering - determine pricing strategy, negotiate sales, write up order and forward to traffic.
- Attend and participate in morning market industry/segment meetings.
- Prospect new customers by working with department heads and credit department.
- Plan and budget daily, weekly, monthly, and yearly sales goals and measure results to goals. Each trader is solely responsible to find customers which produce sales and income from commissions.
- Resolve any and all customer, mill, company disputes, issues, promptly and professionally.
- Assist in collections from customers by working with credit department.
- Interact with other traders on the floor to keep each other informed of changing market conditions and to provide customers a variety of products to be purchased from each department if needed, one-stop shopping.
Education and/or Experience: High School Diploma is required along with a Bachelor's Degree from four-year college or university; or Associate’s degree from two-year college plus one year related sales experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Each candidate depending on experience will have opportunity for annual training at company’s offsite lumber training education facility.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to be self-directed while working under tight deadlines.
- Ability to cope with change, make decisions and act comfortably with risk and uncertainty.
- Exceptionally strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills and willing to work extra hours as needed to complete tasks.
- Positive attitude with willingness to learn and be trained on company’s trading practices and business software is a must for this position.
- Must follow company processes and controls in place to ensure operating company stays in full compliance with annual audits.
- In addition must have a high level of attention to detail and work well with others. Fast paced environment with high volume of transactions.
- Desire to succeed in order to be promoted to lumber trader.
- Experience using Microsoft Products is required and any experience using Sales Assist and A/S 400 is a plus.
Richmond International Forest Products is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We offer a competitive wage and benefits package, including health, dental, vision, life, 401k, and disability insurance (if qualify).
Candidate must work out of the Richmond VA office. No satellite employees will be hired.
Lumber Yard Customer Service/Material Handler
Cancel your gym membership and prepare to get ripped. This outside job is unapologetically tough.You'll be walking and lifting a ton as you help supply the ingredients of the American Dream to homebuilders.
You'll be sore at first and you'll probably get some splinters and wood sap on your hands. But as you learn and get the hang of things, you'll be stronger and wiser. Giant 6x6 timbers will begin to feel like toothpicks as you throw them in the back of pickup trucks. (Ok, not really, but you will be stronger.)
This is a real lumberyard where we do real and important work for our customers. We do it well and we do it professionally. There is much to learn about lumber, hardware, and building and if you're up for the work, we'll teach you the trade .
Sound like a good opportunity? That's because it is. We're a family owned, growing single location business and we welcome your interest. We do relationships, camaraderie, fun, and whatever it takes. Want in?
Lumber Yard Material Handler / Customer Service Clerk
We are seeking driven individuals to be a part of our customer service team.
Responsible for providing excellent customer service while escorting customers in the lumberyard and safely and accurately filling their materials orders.
Manually load lumber and other materials into or onto vehicles, trucks, lumber racks, and/or trailers.
Handle lumber, plywood, and other building materials as needed to place material in stock and straighten stock.
May accompany truck drivers on deliveries to assist with off-loading of material at jobsite.May drive small truck to local suppliers or customers' job sites (commercial driver's license not required)
Basic woodworking skills required for operation of radial arm saw, cut-off saw, and tailing-off for a table saw operator.
Work 8-1/2 or more hours per day, usually five days per week.Work outside and stand or walk most of the time.
Required: valid and current driver's license and clean driving record
Required: Solid math skills
Required: Ability to communicate with customers effectively.
Required: Ability to lift 100 lbs.
This position is full-time and includes eligibility for benefits including 100% paid medical and dental premiums, paid time off, holiday pay, and a 401k plan.
If you meet our requirements and would like to apply, please pick up application at 720 Camden Ave, Campbell, CA M-F 7:30- 5:00
Required license or certification:
Current/Valid drivers license
Therapist / Occupational Therapist Job In Lumber City, Georgia / Hospital
Job Category Occupational Therapist Profession Skilled Specialty Shift 8 D Duration 13 Weeks Start Date ASAP Pay Rate $41.00 - $43.50 Job Description & Requirements Occupational Therapist
Travel (OT) Well respected skilled nursing facility (SNF) is seeking an Occupational Therapist who is highly motivated and energetic to join the team. Candidates must be willing to support a friendly, positive and professional environment. Required Qualifications No new grads
SNF exp needed Preferred Qualifications License About the Facility Call for details. Facility Location Call for details. Job Benefits Allied travel assignments are typically for 13 weeks and offer generous packages that include:
Competitive pay rates
Medical, Dental, Vision
401(k) and Flex Spending
Accident and Short-term Disability Coverage
Free Continuing Education
Free Private Housing
Refer a friend and earn extra cash!
About the Company Med Travelers, an AMN Healthcare company, is the leader in allied healthcare staffing. Our relationships with numerous healthcare facilities - including hospitals, home health agencies, school systems, and long-term care facilities - enable us to offer the most current temporary therapy positions and medical imaging jobs. And our traveler customer service is among the best in the industry. AMN Healthcare is an EEO/AA/Disability/Protected Veteran Employer. We encourage minority and female applicants to apply.
Weyerhaeuser Company is currently recruiting for a Sorter Operator for our lumber manufacturing facility located in Bruce, MS. This operational role is key in safely ensuring the effective and efficient processing of raw materials, resulting in the quality lumber that will be shipped to our customers. Key Functions * Monitor flow of green lumber to drop sorter and take appropriate action to maintain continuous flow of lumber
Understands lumber grades/values and identifies defects, length, and width, sometimes from a distance
Identifies and communicates minor mechanical deficiencies
Uses hand tools to changes knives and perform miner maintenance; may use a dial indicator to set knives
Clears cross ups and may change band and gang saws/guides
Assists in maintaining housekeeping standards
High School Diploma/GED
Able to work safely and follow all company policies and procedures
Must have good mechanical/electrical problem solving skills
Good oral and written communication skills
Able to learn and understand basic computer operation
Able to perform all essential job functions, including lifting 2-20 pounds regularly, lifting up to 50 pounds occasionally, climb steps and ladders, work from height and in tight spaces, and standing or walking for 2-3 hours at a time for 10 hours
Successful completion of assessment process, background check and post-offer pre-employment drug screen and physical About Wood Products: We've been delivering quality building products and solutions to our customers for more than 100 years. From builders and dealers to specifiers and homeowners, we offer exceptional product performance and unparalleled support.
For more than a century, we’ve been building our reputation as a leader in sustainable wood products.* About Weyerhaeuser We sustainably manage forests and manufacture products that make the world a better place. We’re serious about safety, driven to achieve excellence, and proud of what we do. With multiple business lines in locations across North America, we offer a range of exciting career opportunities for smart, talented people who are passionate about making a difference.
We know you have a choice in your career. We want you to choose us.* / Weyerhaeuser is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to taking affirmative action to employ and advance in employment women, minorities, qualified individuals with disabilities and protected veterans. / // *M
Job:Operations, Manufacturing, & Construction
Lumber Yard General Laborers, Machine/Saw Operators
General labor is responsible for safely handle lumber products. Verifies material meets customer requirements and company expectations. Hiring Immediately!!!!
Moves and secures lumber products and other materials according to instructions.
* Stacks finish products according to predetermine bundle sizes and/or customer requirements.
* Labels material based on type, size and count, and following specifications.
* Applies individual tags to material before/after treating/production
* Uses a staple gun and troubleshoots equipment.
* Bands, bundles and secures material, including attaching corner protectors and loading sticks.
* Follows instructions for stacking material properly and according to company policy and customer requirements
* Ensures correct quantities and material are strapped, labeled before leaving the work area
* Maintains accurate inventory of tags and reports any problems or discrepancies to supervisor
* Records production on production sheets
* Maintains work area clean and organized
* Assist other work areas moving material, loading and unloading material carts
* Participates in safety, CI and other programs and meetings.
* Performs other duties as required
* Minimum 6th grade education or equivalent.
* No minimum experience is required, but manufacturing or lumber experience is preferred.
* Working knowledge of basic math.
Skills and abilities
* Ability to work in a safe manner
* Ability to recognize size/grade/quality of material
* Ability to correctly read a tape measure and moisture meter
* Ability to understand basic math and numbers
* Demonstrates ability to follow specific instructions and directions
* Demonstrate ability to use and operate hand tools and other equipment as required
* Demonstrate ability to stack material properly
* Ability to pay attention to surroundings
* Ability to identify safety issues in their work area, and notice equipment malfunctions
* Ability to understand basic verbal and written instructions in English.
* Ability to work under immediate supervision
* Ability to pass a drug test
* Ability to work hours mandated by management
* Safety conscious
* Team player and goal oriented
* Open to change and positive attitude
* Committed to plant and company goals
* Participates in Safety and CI programs
* Punctual and reliable
* Looks for ways to improve productivity and department results
Marathon Staffing is ranked by The Phoenix Business Journal as one of the "Top 10" Employment Agencies in the valley and also earned a spot on the Inc 5000 list as one of the fastest growing private companies in America.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!