Machine Assembler Job Description Sample
Machine Assembler Mechanic
We are seeking a Machine Assembler Mechanic to become an integral part of our team! You will perform assembly line tasks as well as identify areas of improvement to increase efficiency.
- Work with a team to assemble entire products or components
- Operate machine tools to produce precision parts
- Modify parts and materials to improve overall production
- Test completed equipment to detect and remove defects
- Preform routine maintenance on machinery
- Calculate dimensions and tolerance using measuring instruments
- Follow and retain detailed assembly instructions
- Maintain a safe work space
- Rotate through tasks for specific production processes
- Conduct quality inspections on products and parts
- Prepare finished products for shipment
- Maintain a clean and orderly work area
- Previous experience in manufacturing, assembly, or other related fields
- Familiarity with assembly tools and equipment
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to handle physical workload
- Ability to work well in teams
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
Experienced Machine Assembler - Day Shift
Duties and responsibilities :
- Mechanical assembly
- Wiring of machines
- Initial machine setup and testing (mechanical and electrical)
- Packing and loading of machines for transport
- Light fabrication and machining
- Maintain a clean work environment
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Minimum 5 years assembly experience
- Experience with customization of machines a plus
- Mechanically inclined
- Ability to read and follow drawings and bills of material accurately
- Familiar with basic and intermediate hand tools
- Able to operator forklift ans overhead crane
- Self-motivated, ability to stay on task
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Flexibility (able to change projects midway)
- Can follow detailed directions and complete tasks as instructed
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Some walking, crawling, kneeling, bending and climbing required
Competitive salary based on prior experience\skill level
Schedule Monday- Friday 7am-3:30pm
Mandatory overtime required as necessary to meet customer deadlines (sometimes with little notice)
Background check and pre-employment drug screen required.
Benefits include health, dental & life insurance, flexible spending account plan, paid holidays and vacation, 401k plan with 5% company match.
Mechanic Machine Assembler
You must live in the SF Bay Area to apply for this position and must be able to commute to Emeryville, CA on a daily basis.
We are a stable family-owned manufacturing company, proudly producing MADE IN AMERICA machinery in the bay area since 1929. Our headquarters in Emeryville is where we design, sell, and manufacture machinery that is installed all over the world.
We are looking for a position in our Union workforce for a person skilled as either a Mechanic or those that feel they are qualified to assemble large industrial machinery. We are looking for people with work experience but if you are one of those people born with a tool in your hand, like to put things together (or take them apart), or are comfortable working on your car – that may also qualify you for the job.
By this, we mean that you are more than just a CNC operator or programmer. Setting up modern CNC machinery does not qualify you as what we refer to as a Conventional Journeyman Machinist.
The positions are full time with benefits, hourly paid with the possibility of overtime. We are looking for people that are self-motivated and take pride in their work.
1St And 2Nd Shift Sttt/Mhe Machine Assembler (Athens, GA)
1st and 2nd Shift STTT/MHE Machine Assembler (Athens, GA)
Description While working at Caterpillar Inc., you will work in an environment that supports excellence. You will lead your team in efforts to support continuous improvement. This position works under general supervision, assembles/tests parts, components, or systems for BCP machines according to the specified work orders. This position is for the assembly line at the new Athens, GA site. The person will report to a Section Manager. Job duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Requires an assembly, mechanical or electronic aptitude with a good working knowledge of assembly practices.
Uses various tools provided in the work area to perform assembly duties Mechanical job duties may include the following:
Use of lifting devices to move heavy components of weights of more than 35 lbs.
Rotation to various positions within the Job Function area to perform related activities.
Operate Athens built products.
Seeks out paint defects and may perform paint touch up as needed.
Follows documented procedures standard work, routings, and blueprints to perform safe and defect free assembly and adjustment of components and prime product.
Perform other related work duties as assigned.
Follows and utilizes CPS principles of 5S, Continuous Improvement Idea Reporting, Waste Elimination, and Standard Work.
Keeps work area in a clean and orderly condition.
Contributing team member
Must have effective communications skills ABOUT CATERPILLAR: Caterpillar is committed to excellence in all that we do. As a global, diverse technology leader, Caterpillar has been making sustainable progress possible and driving positive change on every continent. Customers turn to Caterpillar to help them develop infrastructure, energy and natural resource assets. We are proud of who we are- thousands of people making progress possible around the world. The Building Construction Products (BCP) Division is a global division of Caterpillar Inc. that employs several thousand employees located at facilities worldwide. BCP has production facilities in the U.S. (Clayton, N.C.; Sanford, N.C.; Athens, Ga), UK, China, India and Brazil. Products designed, manufactured, and distributed by BCP include skid steer loaders, backhoe loaders, compact track loaders, multi-terrain loaders and small wheel loaders. Athens specifically produces mini hydraulic excavators and small track-type tractors; from fabrications to assembly of the finished BCP is proud to be a family friendly, flexible employer with a very competitive Total Rewards package. Since 2013, Caterpillar BCP Division has consistently earned the Alliance for Work-Life Progress (AWLP) "Work-Life Seal of Distinction" for providing a wide variety of workplace policies, programs & practices that support employees across all major aspects of work-life integration. The Athens, GA facility was recently awarded the 2016 Georgia Large Manufacturer of the Year as well as the 2015 Safety Performance Award by the Georgia Association of Manufacturers. Athens was also recognized by Caterpillar in 2014 by being awarded the Environmental Excellence Gold Award. Qualifications
Must have heavy equipment machine assembly experience
Must have intermediate proficiency (Basic skills/knowledge. Capable of functioning independently) using Standard Assembly tools (torque wrenches, pneumatic tools, etc.) and their applications. Physical Requirements (with or without reasonable accommodation):
Ability to sit or stand for prolonged periods
Ability to perform repetitive operations
Ability to lift up to 35 lbs.
Top Candidates will also have:
Further education - including vocational/technical diploma or degree from an accredited school or university
Experience working with lean manufacturing principles such as following standard work, continuous improvement, eliminating process waste, and 5S
Intermediate level of proficiency (Basic skills/knowledge. Capable of functioning independently) working with Standard Operating Procedures or Standard Work
Basic computer skills such as operating a computer in a Windows based environment
Ability to read/write and interpret documents
Experience working in a team based environment
Additional Information:Resumes are highly encouraged for all applicants. This is an hourly position with an entry wage of $13.01/hr in Athens, Ga. No relocation benefits are available. Openings will be on 1st and 2nd shift.
Manufacturing & Supply Chain
Primary Location United States-Georgia-Athens
Unposting Date: Feb 26, 2018, 10:59:00 PM EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals – including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities – are encouraged to apply. Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
Req ID: 180001K3
Electro Mechanical Machine Assembler
Electro Mechanical Machine Assembler
· Make accurate alignment of parts, components, and sub-assemblies
· Drill, tap, bend and fit item in proper manner
· Check clearances, adjust and readjust as required
· Obtain work and verify count on work orders, correctness of parts, components required for sub-assemblies, complete machine or multi-unit packaging system assembly
· Experience with hand and powered tools, soldering equipment, measuring devices and basic testers common to assembly operations
· Electrical/electronic circuits
· Read blue prints and precision measuring instruments
· Electro Mechanical Machine Assembly experience – 1year
Ajulia Executive Search is a search firm specializing in Manufacturing, Finance, IT, Legal and Pharmaceutical positions. This is a confidential search for one of our preferred clients. It is a direct hire position that includes competitive compensation and full comprehensive benefit package.
Electro Mechanical Machine Assembler
Plan and perform a variety of duties to assemble parts, components, and related units, assigned machines and/or packaging systems to meet established and/or customer requirements. Perform wiring, assembling and soldering operations as required following standard methods and procedures.
Work from work orders, parts lists, blueprints, specifications, sketches, written or verbal instruction and own knowledge of equipment, procedures or modification necessary to meet exacting machine and/or system operational performance. Assist Manufacturing Engineering in verification and maintenance of assembly work instructions. Use hand and powered tools, soldering equipment, measuring devices and basic testers common to assembly operations. Use basic electrical test equipment for troubleshooting part and assemblies as required. Dress wired, solder connections and clean solder joints as required.
Obtain work and verify count on work orders, correctness of parts, components required for sub-assemblies, complete machine or multi-unit packaging system assembly. Make and modify parts as needed to accomplish assigned tasks.
Plan and assemble a wide variety of parts and components and various other interrelated mechanical, pneumatic, electrical/electronic assemblies, drives, feeder/ weighing/ counting and packaging controls. Make accurate alignment of parts, components, and sub-assemblies. Drill, tap, bend and fit item in proper manner. Check clearances, make adjustments and readjust as required. As required, work with service and/ or customer personnel.
Operate assigned equipment, test and adjust to close tolerances in proper manner to meet requirements. Requisition needed parts and supplies.
Record time or production information required and maintain assigned records in proper manner. Maintain work area and equipment used in a clean and orderly condition. Detect and report faulty equipment, defective material or unsafe conditions to proper supervision. Observe all standard safety rules and regulations.
Demonstrated ability in the use of mathematics together with the use of work orders, parts lists, complicated blueprints, instructions, and various types of precision measuring instruments
Knowledge of mechanics, electrical/electronic circuits, assembly methods and procedures and packaging machines and systems
3 plus years' Electrical & Mechanical machine assembly experience required
High school diploma plus 2 years practical trades training
Basic computer skills
Small Machine Assembler
Small Machine Assembler Variety of small machinery. Experienced mechanical & electrical assembly.
Read blue prints & wiring diagrams. Extensive hands on training. 401(k) & benefits. Hours 7:30am-4pm, M-F.
Call Gary 216-367-7000 7:30am-9am only. Email resume to garycppe.com Plastic Process Equipment
Assembler / Machine Operator
Roles & Responsibilities :
• Technical ability to perform a quality set-up in a timely manner.
• Requires minimal supervision. Assist as needed with machine operating and assembly duties.
• Ability to work scheduled hours and overtime as needed.
• Basic to intermediate set-up operator abilities. Must be able to understand quality standards and gauging.
• High School Diploma or GED
Machine Operator And Assembler Positions
MACHINE OPERATORS and ASSEMBLERS NEEDED IMMEDIATELY!
ASG is now hiring Machine Operators for an auto parts manufacturing facility in Midway, TN!
Located 3 minutes from exit 23 off Interstate 81!
MUST WORK OVERTIME AS NEEDED.
Competitive Starting Pay! Will discuss in interview!
Multiple Bonus Opportunities!
NO Diploma/GED required!
Previous experience preferred, but not required!
Benefits after Qualifying period of employment.
Opportunity to be hired full time!
Call (423) 638-1016, apply online at www.aservicesgroup.com, OR
Come by our office at 613 Asheville Hwy Greeneville, TN 37743
Hours: Monday through Friday, 7:00AM - 4:00PM
Assemblers are tasked to precisely assemble mechanical units and fabricated parts at floor stations or benches, create relatively large or heavy subassemblies, complete units using hand tools, light power tools, and equipment.
Essential Job Functions:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Responsibilities include up to and are not limited to:
- Fitting, aligning, calibrating and adjusting parts and mechanisms to meet tolerances and product operating requirements
- Repairing units, structures and products that fail to meet requirements
- Checking and adjusting the accuracy using dial gages, test bars, grinding liners by horizontal grinding machines
- Working as a team member, reporting to a Leader on assembly status
- Working an 8 hour work schedule, with overtime as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 1-5 years of relevant work experience
- Experience with precision machining assembly
- Ability to assemble sheet metal covers, plumbing, motion components, cast structures
- Ability to lift up to 51 pounds
- Ability to safely operate an overhead crane
- Fundamental computer operation skills
- Preferred requirement – certified operate a forklift
Manufacturing environment (assembly, machining, quality control facility) . Exposure to possible hazards may include noise, electricity, chemicals, heavy equipment, and other automated and manual machinery.
Frequent: standing, walking, bending, stooping, lifting, pushing, and pulling, repetitive foot, leg, hand, arm, shoulder, and torso movements
Periodic: operating power equipment, and utilizing a computer
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!