Machine Operator Ceramics Job Description Sample
Ceramics Machine Operator Winsted, CT 2Nd Shift
Job Description Both training and work 2nd Shift. CERAMICS MACHINE OPERATOR WINSTED, CT REQUIREMENTS
Working knowledge of sheet metal required
3-6 months machine operating experience
Understanding and use of basic arithmetic and decimals
Comprehension of simple drawings, charts or diagrams
Equivalent to partial (technical) high school education or comparable brief shop training
Frequent lifting of up to 50 lbs. unassisted, excess of 50 lbs. assistance required
Frequent loading and unloading of machines
Operate pushing/pulling of overhead hoist
High degree of hand eye coordination required due to closeness of machines and overhead wiring
Ability to read and follow instructions, procedures and route cards
Must be able to use measuring devices JOB DESCRIPTION -Perform complete set up of plates and component tooling for lappers
Utilize a variety of hand tools to insert and remove machine parts
Maintain availability and condition of parts, pumps, tooling and solutions
Funnel on leads when required due to wear
Operate a group of production machines as required
Working knowledge of sheet metal required
Make general decisions as needed REFER unusual problems to supervisor
Other duties as required For consideration please email your resume to email@example.com or call 860-482-1171.
? At Kelly Services ® , we work with the best. Our clients include 95 of the Fortune 100 ™ companies, and more than 70,000 hiring managers rely on Kelly annually to access the best talent to drive their business forward. If you only make one career connection today, connect with Kelly.
® As a workforce advocate for over 70 years, we are proud to directly employ nearly 500,000 people around the world and have a role in connecting thousands more with work through our global network of talent suppliers and partners. Revenue in 2016 was $5.3 billion. Visit kellyservices.com and connect with us on Facebook , LinkedIn and Twitter . Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer including, but not limited to, Minorities, Females, Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law. at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm
Injection Operator For PCC Airfoils ~ Ceramics Division
PCC Airfoils Ceramics Division is hiring for several Injection Operator positions in Cleveland! They are looking for candidates with some industrial, machine operator experience, preferably in Injection. Must have strong attention to detail skills. Several inspection jobs available, 2nd and 3rd shift.
- Strong math skills and will be required to take an evaluation
- Previous inspection experience
- calipers, micrometers and gauges
- must have at least 1 year of experience
Company has overtime available and great benefits!
Work with Express Employment Professionals in Lyndhurst, OH when you are looking for a job. If you want jobs in Cleveland, or jobs on the east side, Express is your number one choice. One interview gets you exposure to hundreds of companies. Call or stop in today.
Benefits to Working with Express Employment Professionals
- Holiday and vacation pay
- Medical benefits
- Safety incentives
- Scholarship Opportunities
Manufacturing - Machine Operator - Plastics Machine Operator - Molding
Job Title: Operator
Location: Delano, MN
Reports to: Shift Supervisor
Status: Non-Exempt, Hourly
The employees in this position are responsible for the overall operations of the machine and the manufacturing of good quality parts.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Sets up and operates molding machine in a safe and efficient manner.
- Able to meet scrap and production goals.
- Ensures quality of parts coming off machine.
- Reads and follows the molding process sheets, correcting any errors immediately, in writing, to their supervisor or lead person.
- Continually communicates with their lead person, maintenance, quality control and/or supervisor whenever they have questions or need assistance regarding any of the requirements of their job.
- Keeps their work area clean and organized. Places all parts to be trimmed in crates or on pallets.
- Fills out production reporting paperwork in an accurate and timely manner.
- Communicates effectively with others.
- Keeps productive materials appropriately stocked.
- Communicates effectively with prior and subsequent shifts.
- Performs all aspects of the job in accordance with the safety standards set forth by Solar Plastics.
- Other responsibilities as assigned by the Shift Supervisor and/or other members of management.
(The essential duties and responsibilities will have been satisfactorily completed when the following are demonstrated) Note: This only pertains to the essential duties and responsibilities of the position and is not all inclusive of the entire performance evaluation process. Acceptable performance is based on first time quality of molded parts, machine productivity and work area cleanliness and organization.
Copier/Scanner/Fax, Computer, Phone System, Welding Equipment, Lathe and Mill Operation, Hand and Power Tools, Forklift, Ladders
- understand, remember, and apply oral and/or written instructions or other information.
- understand problems, collaborate and explore alternative solutions.
- organize thoughts and ideas into understandable terminology.
- communicate with individuals face to face; requires ability to hear and speak effectively.
- express or exchange ideas by means of the spoken word, communicating orally with others accurately and quickly.
- orally and in writing, communicate technical information.
- add, subtract, multiply, divide and to record, balance, and check results for accuracy
- be able to see and hear 8+ hours per day.
- have visual acuity to perform activities such as running production machines, etc.
- possess good manual and finger dexterity (working with small bolts, nuts, screws, adding inserts, flushing out parts, flaming parts, etc.).
- sit, stand and walk up to 8+ hours per day.
- work at a rapid speed, twist, bend, push, pull, carry, stoop, reach and grasp 8+ hours per day for activities such as working on equipment, making repairs, etc.
- work in confined, tight spaces. Requires continuous finger movement and keyboard usage for carrying and using equipment, tools, etc. Extensive wrist movement is required.
- lift 50+ pounds, unaided on a regular basis. (hoists are available and should be used for parts and molds that exceed this weight level).
- use hand tools.(i.e, power drills, hammers, routers, etc).
- Exposed to heat, cold and potential internal temperature changes up to 8+ hours per day. Exposed to outside working environment when salvaging parts, roof and grounds work. Exposed to solvents when part cleaning, acids/corrosives when cleaning floor, dust, dirt, fumes/vapors/gases from plastics processes, ovens and propane tanks.
This position works independently 8+ hours per day and occasionally works directly with others. Must be able to work the hours/shift required. Ability to work additional hours, as needed to accommodate issues that may arise in the 24-hour operation.
This position exists in a production and shop environment, with occasional need to enter the office.
Personal Protection Equipment
- Eye safety glasses necessary to enter production area.Hearing protection must be worn when excessive noise is present on the production floor and in the shop.
Solar Plastics, LLC provides employees with a wide variety of benefits that include:
Life, AD&D & Dependent Life Insurance
Long-Term and Short-term Disability
Profit Sharing/401(k) Plan with Matching Contributions
Employee Assistance Plan
Automatic Payroll Deposit Availability
Machine Operator Temp. 2Nd Shift (3:30 P.M. - 12:00 A.M.)
The Machine Operator reports directly to the Production Supervisor. The role is an exciting opportunity to join a global, dynamic, Hi-Tech team, supporting the medical and aerospace industries. We are the industry leader in development and manufacturer of ceramic to metal seals for both Aerospace and Medical markets. We help improve the quality of life with our implantable medical components, and we ensure the safety of travelers by developing multiple components for the Aerospace industry.
· Perform various tasks as assigned by Department Supervisor.
· Maintain quality and quantity with strong sense of accountability and standards.
· Complete all relevant documentation while maintaining product traceability throughout process.
· Clean & maintain equipment & work area.
· Perform mechanical and visual inspection of ceramics using microscope, calipers and micrometers.
· Perform safety checks on every machine.
· Ensure that machines are producing quality products by performing periodic checks on output.
· Carry out regular & preventative maintenance procedures.
· Read product drawings & methods in order to visualize machining/grinding to be done and planned sequence of operation.
· Must be flexible with cross-training in other departments.
Minimum Qualifications and Education Requirements
· To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· High school diploma or general education degree (GED)Additional
· Must be able to carry out written, oral, or diagram form instructions.
· Basic math skills.
· The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Required to talk or hear
· Required to pass eye tests
· Required to stand, walk, and sit
· Required to use finger, handle, feel & reach with hands & arms
· Frequently lift and/or move up to 10 lbs, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 lbs
· Vision abilities include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus, close vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes, or airborne particles, and toxic caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This job description does not state or imply that all duties to be performed are specifically identified above. Employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested or instructed by an authorized person of the Company. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at-will” relationship.
Morgan Advanced Materials has a longstanding history as a global leader in materials science and applications engineering. We are proud of the reputation we have earned so far, and we are focused on continuous improvement for the future in every aspect of what we do.
Production Manager - Ceramics
A respected manufacturer of manufacturing equipment and instruments near Benton Harbor, MI is looking for a Production Manager to lead a 25-person ceramic products department.
- Provide scheduling and balancing of raw materials efficiently and effectively
- Manage each defined project responsibly and on schedule.
- Maintain product inventory
- Manage up to 25 people
- Provide daily oversight of the staff and processes, tracking and reporting of metrics.
- Conduct employee daily production scheduling.
- Interface with vendors and customers when needed.
- Create and foster a positive working environment
- Bachelor's degree in Ceramics or Materials Science required
- 5+ years’ experience as a Production Manager in ceramic refractory manufacturing
- Must have experience with ISO and OSHA
- Experience with ceramic pressing and casting preferred
- Pressed tooling and cast tolling preferred
- Strong attention to detail
- Detail oriented with strong management skills
This company offers excellent benefits including paid relocation.
MANAGEMENT BUSINESS SOLUTIONS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Fine Arts / Ceramics / Art Teacher - Summer Job
We are a children's summer day camp looking for an art instructor with experience working with various art mediums including:
- Ceramics (wheel or hand building)
- Wood burning
- Glass etching
We teach art here -- projects are not "kit based" (click, snap and place a decal). We want our campers to learn that art does take some time and to enjoy the creative process as to love their unique, creations and visions as they take shape over time.
See a video of Ramapo Country Day Camp in action at: www.ramapocamp.com
- You will see the art buddings and art areas in action in the video.
Our art facility has indoor and outdoor teaching spaces with camper work spaces, sinks, extra counter and planning spaces and large, open indoor project and supply space. We have many art programs:
- 6 Art Crafts programs - each with their own space.
- 2 Jewelry / Lanyard programs
- 2 Ceramics programs
- 1 open art area for campers to catch up or continue projects during choice times
The ceramics building includes: 4 modern kilns, 16 wheels, pug / clay flattening machines, and plenty of storage space.
See a video of Ramapo Country Day Camp in action at: www.ramapocamp.com
Transportation is provided for all New York City Staff. Buses meet in Manhattan. Paid position.
Ramapo Country Day Camp is located on the Bergen (NJ) / Rockland (NY) border. A private day camp nestled on over 35 acres of woodlands, rolling hills, streams, trails, and open space, Ramapo offers campers an unforgettable camp experience in a country setting unequaled in its natural surroundings.
Ramapo is located in Airmont, NY on the Bergen Cty (NJ)/ Rockland Cty (NY) border. We are near the NJ towns of: Ridgewood, Upper Saddle River, Montvale and the NY Towns: Suffern. Ramapo is easily accessible via: the Garden State Parkway (Exit 172), Rt 17 (Saddle River / Woodcliff Lake Exit), NY Thruway (Exit 14B), Rt 287 and
Our campers range in age from 3 to 13 (Nursery to Eighth Grades) and most are here for six, seven, or eight weeks. So you have time to connect and really get to know the campers you work with. The campers programs include art on their regular schedule where you will see them on a set rotation 1-3 times a week or Elective / Focus times where campers in 2nd and above can choose to spend more time (an hour everyday for a week) at a specific art deck.
We have an art coordinator who is working throughout the off season to plan projects for each area. There is a curriculum for each art program and supplies will be ordered beforehand. How you teach each lesson is up to you, so you bring your creativity, you don't have the spend the weeks leading up to camp trying to sort through ideas or catalogs planning the summer. We always welcome new ideas so there are opportunities to add to the program.
We are looking for people who see spending a summer at camp as something they "get to do", not "have to do". We have worked hard to create a facility and staff-working environment that is enjoyable, creative, positive, and perfect for the summer. You will enjoy coming to work each day.
Our staff is made up of specialists or teachers from Bergen, Passaic, Rockland County as well as New York City who run our activity areas. Counselors are college students who accompany each group of campers and assist our specialists. We also hire international teachers from such countries as: Australia, New Zealand, Spain, Holland, Finland, England, and more.
Camp Dates: June 25th to August 18th
Monday to Friday (39 Days)
Interviews held in Manhattan / At Ramapo / and via Skype
We welcome any questions you may have please, call or e-mail us with them.
You can read more about us and apply online at: www.ramapocampstaff.com
Link to application: https://ramapocamp.com/staff-opportunities/
Street Address: 600 Saddle River Rd., Airmont NY 10952
Within our meticulously maintained grounds, campers enjoy a well-balanced program of sports, swimming, creative and performing arts and an endless array of outdoor adventure challenges... all on Ramapo’s first class facility.
To truly appreciate how special Ramapo is and all it has to offer, we encourage you to check us out either by checking out our video (www.ramapocamp.com), visiting our facility, meeting our year-round staff, and learning about all that we do and why we do it. You will see for yourself what an amazing, unique and inspiring place Ramapo is for kids to spend their summers. Within seconds you’ll realize why our campers immediately call Ramapo “HOME.”
CNC Lathe Operator - Machine Operator
Established Troy, Michigan Tool Manufacturer needs CNC lathe operator-experienced only-
- Must be able to program, edit, and set up cnc lathe to make parts from prints
- Must have own tools, and transportation
- Manual lathe and mill experience a plus
Good wages, health care, paid vacation.
Concrete Pump Operator / Machine Operator
• Recommend measures to improve productivity/quality
• Requisition materials and supplies
• Resolve work problems
• Set up, loads and unloads machines and equipment
• Train staff in safety consciousness, and policies
• Maintains tools and equipment associated with concrete pumps mounted on trucks, platforms, or separate placing booms
• Experience as a construction worker an asset
• Good communication skills
• Great leadership ability
• Solves problems effectively
• Well organized
$16 - $20 /HR
Since 1975, Central Broward Construction is a full service commercial masonry contractor. CBC works in Dade, Broward, and West Palm Beach counties. CBC owns and operates all of our equipment.
Since its inception in 1990, Coast to Coast Forms has consistently outperformed as a provider of concrete shell building systems, delivering high quality and cost-effective workmanship. Our success comes from a steadfast commitment to the client’s vision, a culture of balance, integrity, leadership, and loyalty. Our passion for collaborative building practices can be seen in our projects that range from Dade, Broward, Palm Beach and Okeechobee Counties.
Machine Operator | Plating Machine
- Follow procedures for polishing dies, polish dies for set amount of time
- Follow procedures for nickel plaiting dies, nickel plate dies for set amount of time
- Check titration levels and perform other tests as needed
- Adjust chemical mixtures daily to yield perfect results
- Improve processes and procedures to achieve overall efficiency standards
- Clean polish and nickel tanks on a weekly basis
- Quality check of all dies to determine if they can be moved to the next step in the production process
- Keep work area clean and free of safety hazards at all time
- Communicate with all other departments to ensure customer requirements are fully met
- Any other tasks as instructed by leads, supervisors or managers
- Assist other Finishing areas when needed
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to chemical fumes or airborne particles as well as moving mechanical parts.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Mostly standing and walking work. The employee is occasionally required to sit; stoop, kneel or crouch. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position. Hours of work are Monday through Friday, 6:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m., 40 hours per week with occasional overtime on Saturdays.
Preferred Education & Special License(s)/Certifications:
- High School Diploma or GED.
- OSHA Hazwoper 40 hour, preferred but not required.
- Prior plating experience.
Kocher+Beck USA L.P. is an equal opportunity employer.
Machine - Machine Operator
Title: Machine Operator
Primary Objectives of Position
Manufacture high quality tablets and/or capsules in an efficient and safe manner that complies with cGMPs and meets product specifications.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
1. High School education (HS Diploma or GED preferred)
2. Experience in food/pharmaceutical/nutraceutical processing operations, FDA regulated industry, or combination of experience, education, and training that provides the level of knowledge, skills, and experience needed to successful perform the job
3. Able to read, write, and speak in English
4. Basic math skills (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, percentages, rounding)
5. Detail oriented
6. Effective problem-solving skills
7. Ability to work independently and in a team environment
8. Ability to maintain a positive, professional, cooperative demeanor
9. Ability to foster productive working relationship with management, coworkers, vendors and customers
10. Ability to interpret, comply with, and support Company policies, procedures, work rules, and protocols
11. Ability to adapt effectively to workplace changes and new job duties/responsibilities
12. Ability to represent the Company in a positive and professional manner at all times
Physical Demands With or Without Accommodation
1. Ability to stand for extended periods of time (approximately 6-8 hours)
2. Ability to repeatedly bend, twist, and stoop throughout an 8-10 hour shift
3. Ability to frequently lift up to 25 kg (55 lbs.)
4. Ability to be exposed to considerable noise from machinery
5. Ability to be exposed to nutraceutical raw materials and powders
6. Ability to wear PPE as required
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Sets-up equipment for processing operations.
2. Operates two or more of the following machines and processes as trained, instructed by supervisor, and in compliance with all safety and cGMP regulations:
§ Weigh up materials
§ 10ct V blender
§ 30cf V blender
§ Bosch GKF2000
§ IMA Zanasi
§ Ultra 8
o Tablet Compression
§ XL100 Korsch
§ XL400 Korsch
§ XPRESS700 Manesty
§ Fitz Mill
§ Fitz Mill
3. Promptly reports material, process, and equipment concerns, questions, and/or problems to supervisor for proper handling
4. Completes and verifies batch record entries, equipment log books, and other relevant documentation and records
5. Monitors process and equipment, making necessary adjustments as needed or required, to maintain batch record specifications
6. Tears down machine and equipment in accordance with training, instructions by supervisor, and in compliance with all safety and cGMP regulations
7. Cleans and maintains processing rooms and equipment
8. Assists Junior Operators with paperwork and machine processes as necessary
9. Works with personnel from other departments as necessary to ensure safety and quality in production
10. Follows established department SOP's, Company cGMPs, and all instructions, whether verbal or written
11. Complies with all Company policies and procedures, including safety rules and regulations
12. Maintains a safe work environment and functions in a safe manner
13. Performs other duties, job related or otherwise, as assigned
14. Takes a 35 minute lunch within first five hours of punching in
15. Takes two 15 minute breaks – first break before lunch, second break after lunch
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!