Machine Set Up Operator Paper Goods Job Description Sample
SMT Machine Operator And Set Up
Hiring Event Details:
Monday to Friday 9am to 3pm
- No appointment needed
- 2150 East Lake Cook Rd, Suite 45C, Buffalo Grove, IL 60089
Questions or want to set up an interview prior to the event call us today at (224) 616-5361 or email us at 240G@kellyservices.com
- Bring identification that confirms eligibility to work in the U.S.
Position Title : SMT Machine Set Up
Seeking motivated, hardworking individuals to work for a premier client in the Buffalo Grove Area. Our client is a premier manufacturer of electronics for a variety of industries primarily in the medical industry. If you are looking to work in an environment that is offering paid training; is climate controlled, dust free and clean, then this is the job for you.
Over 200 Kelly employees have been hired by the company over the past year.
Chicago-s Best and Brightest Companies to Work For
- 10 consecutive years
Advancement Opportunities, including temporary employees, encouraging growth and development at every level.
A Company that cares about the environment.
Quality driven organization that will train and develop all employees.
Focused on teamwork, open communication and making all employees a priority.
Location: Buffalo Grove, IL 60089
Duration: Temporary-to-Hire (based on attendance and performance)
The Surface Mount Technology Machine is a robotic machine which places surface-mount components onto a printed circuit board (PCB).
Day to Day Responsibilities:
Verify orders and materials
Sort and organize reels of components
Load specified parts into the machine feeders. Every reel must be in the correct placement, and then set into the feeders of the Surface Mount Technology Machine.
Work independently on a computer
Follow step by step work orders/written instructions
- Chicago's Best and Brightest Companies to Work For
- 10 consecutive years!
Advancement Opportunities, including temporary employees, encouraging growth and development at every level.
A Company that cares about the environment
Quality driven organization that will train and develop all employees.
Focused on teamwork, open communication and making all employees a priority.
A minimum of a high school diploma / GED or equivalent experience is required for this position.
Experience of less than 1 year is required for this position, assuming education requirements are met. Equivalent industry experience of 1 or more years is highly desirable.
Must be comfortable using the computer, typing and using a variety of systems to complete daily tasks.
Ability to work independently on projects.
Must be able to stand for an entire 8 hour shift
Must be able to lift up to 40 pounds
Climate Controlled Production Area / Warehouse
Clean, Dust free environment
Kelly-sponsored Affordable Care Act health care coverage available to eligible employees
Group insurance options*
Service bonus plan
Holiday pay plan
Weekly electronic pay options
Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes veterans and military spouses to apply to our positions
#buffalogrovekelly #hiring #manufacturing #jobopening #Hiring #tweetmyjob #kellyservices #kellyjobs #waukegan #wheeling #palatine #electronics #soldering #assembly
Paper Finishing Operator - OTM II - B Shift
As a Finishing operator, you will be responsible for functions occurring within the Finishing center operations. You may be assigned to duties that include: packaging slit rolls to customer specifications, operating the manual packaging line, cutting cores, banding, etc. This requires the understanding of Avery Dennison standard packaging practices and the Exact program packing requirements. Higher level roles in the Finishing operations include the operation of slitting, rewinding and/or automated packaging equipment. This position may be required to rotate. You will work B Shift (4:00 p.m. - 12:00 a.m.).
This posting is for the Quakertown Paper Finishing department and is subject to shift alignment. All interested individuals are encouraged to apply, with those currently in the Quakertown Paper Finishing department receiving first consideration.
In this important role, you will also be responsible for:
Sorting, labeling and packaging finished goods for shipment, per customer specifications, quality requirements and standard practices.
Inspecting general appearance of finished product.
Keeping area supplied with necessary packaging materials.
Preparing cores for machine operators.
Communicating and coordinating necessary information to appropriate shift/department personnel to ensure effective operations.
Tracking multiple orders being packed at one time.
Performing duties to continuously improve quality and productivity.
Maintaining a clean, safe work area.
Performing 5S duties and audits.
Assisting in equipment maintenance activities, as directed.
Participating in group problem-solving teams and continuous improvement activities.
Performing all other duties assigned by supervisor.
What we will be looking for in you:
You regard safety as a core value; serve as role model for other employees and encourage adherence to safety practices, policies and procedures.
You have a strong service and quality focus; address issues effectively when problems arise and take initiative to understand root cause, then communicate / educate the team in a timely manner.
You actively contribute in a team-based environment; encourage open communication and positive interaction with peers and management to effectively reach common goals.
You must be able and willing to work overtime, including short-notice requests.
You will be required show proficiency with computer applications.
You must be able to obtain a Lift Truck Operator's license and be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or other protected status. EEOE/M/F/Vet/DisabledAll your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Operator Staple Set
Position: Machine Operator
Shift: 1st shift
Reports To: Chica Tedder
Job Class: Factory Hourly
Location: Lumberton, NC
General Responsibility- Under close supervision, performs various duties to safely and efficiently operate, stock, and remove product from Injection Molding Machines and related equipment in accordance with detailed instructions.
Job Duties/Essential Functions – Under close supervision, works from written and verbal instructions to operate stapleset machines to manufacture or assemble finished products. Follows production schedules and product specifications to efficiently maintain quality and quantity standards, manually adds component parts and unloads machines; checks machine operations for jams, damaged product and levels of materials in staging area.
Loads, unloads, and arranges materials and supplies, as needed; records and maintains production information required by appropriate inventory forms; marks or labels boxes of finished product (count and item number); accurately counts and disposes of all scrap made or found during the shift. Assists with and relieves other work center positions, as needed, during tear downs, changeovers and cleaning of machines, equipment, containers, and work areas, as needed. Assists in maintaining a safe and healthy condition on company property to achieve the best working environment possible for all employees and visitors.
Performs duties in compliance with company policies and procedures. Maintains regular and predictable attendance. Performs other assignments as requested or as business needs require.
Minimum Requirements – To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Preferred Requirements- High school diploma or GED required, with over 12 months' general manufacturing experience.
Newell Brands and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity/affirmative action employers and comply with applicable employment laws.
EOE Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Newell Brands (NYSE: NWL) is a leading global consumer goods company with a strong portfolio of well-known brands, including Paper Mate, Sharpie, Dymo, EXPO, Parker, Elmers, Coleman, Jostens, Marmot, Rawlings, Oster, Sunbeam, FoodSaver, Mr. Coffee, Rubbermaid Commercial Products, Graco, Baby Jogger, NUK, Calphalon, Rubbermaid, Contigo, First Alert, Waddington and Yankee Candle.
For hundreds of millions of consumers, Newell Brands makes life better every day, where they live, learn, work and play. Newell Brands and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and comply with applicable employment laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled are encouraged to apply.
Cinch Connectivity Solutions- Machine Operator / Set Up A
Bel (www.belfuse.com), headquartered in Jersey City, NJ, founded in 1949, designs, manufacturers and markets an array of products that power, protect and connect. These products are primarily used in the networking, telecommunications, broadcasting, computing, military, aerospace and transportation markets. The company has three major product groups Connectivity Solutions, Magnetic Solutions and Power Solutions and Protection. In addition to organic growth, Bel has completed numerous acquisitions with the most recent being Power One Inc.'s Power Solutions business from ABB Ltd., and Emerson's Network Power Connectivity Solution business in 2014, and TE Connectivity's Transpower business in 2013.
Cinch Connectivity Solutions is a vertically integrated supplier of custom solutions, fixed length and semi rigid cable assemblies from DC to 50 GHz. Our product lines deliver custom-engineered products and solutions to satisfy the most demanding and complex requirements. Cinch Connectivity's products support wireless communications, data networking, test and measurement, telecommunications, broadcast, medical, military, aerospace and industrial applications. Combined with the strength of our parent company, Cinch Connectivity Solutions aims to provide an unparalleled offering to the vast array of industries it serves.
Primary Objective of Position
Operates and performs set up on primary machines in machining environment. Must conform to productivity goals and parts specifications. Advancement requirements specified in Skill Level Program to enhance or add skill sets.
Operates/sets up one or more primary machines such as screw machines, CNC mills, and CNC lathes.
Performs basic program edits as required.
Determine and set machine feeds and speeds.
May sharpen basic tooling with medium complexity.
Read blueprints, routers and inspection directions to determine job specification and tolerances. Verifies conformance of parts produced to specification using measuring equipment such as gages, micrometers, etc. May use complex measuring equipment.
May need to perform the following duties as required by Skill Level Program:
Operates/sets up secondary machines
Provide training to junior department members in the areas of complex machine operation and set up and complex inspection techniques.
Technical Job Functions
Knowledge of basic shop math for determining tolerance limits, counting parts, calculating speeds and feeds, using ratios or percentages, etc.
Ability to read and understand complex blueprints.
Ability to understand written and oral instruction for safety rules, router instructions, etc.
Ability to accurately use common inspection equipment such as micrometers, dial and digital indicators, etc. Ability to use complex inspection equipment.
Analytical, Business and Technical
Ability to apply job knowledge and skills to improve performance, quality and timeliness and to solve problems, using independent judgment.
Ability to operate equipment and use tools and techniques effectively, efficiently and in accordance with ergonomic principles.
Ability to anticipate, negotiate and manage conflicts, problems, changing situations and deadlines.
Ability to comply with Company policies and procedures.
Education and Experience
High School Diploma or GED required.
Two-plus years of applicable machine experience or two-plus years combination of experience and machining trade school.
No calls or agencies please. Bel will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Bel Fuse is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected Veteran status.
CNC Machine Set Up Operator
Must have CNC Experience
- Responsible for reading and interpreting blue prints including GD&T
- Read, write and edit programs in G-Code and other CAD/CAM software and identify areas of opportunity for program efficiency.
- Verify revision levels on method sheet, tooling sheet and router match, alerting Supervisor if discrepancies are found.
- Identify, document and dispose of scrap.
- Must setup and load material into a bar feeder/bar loader. Step through program and make offsets to complete a part to print specifications.
- Verify revision levels on router and method sheets.
- Install appropriate tooling and touch off.
- Change inserts, drill boring bars, etc. when needed and return all usable tooling to the tool crib. Recycle all Carbide tooling.
- Troubleshoot any production issue in regards to machining and getting assistance for program related issues.
- Add hydraulic oil and/or cutting fluids to the machine(s) when needed.
- Make appropriate offsets and/or speed and feed adjustments to program if needed to maintain part quality.
- Train others and share knowledge
- Obey all safety rules and stop work if continuing is unsafe or will create an unsafe condition. Report all safety concerns immediately.
- Perform any other tasks as assigned by the supervisor.
- Knowledge of CNC machine(s) setup
- Knowledge of inserts including wear characteristics, insert style (WNMG, VNMG, CCMT, etc), insert nose radius and grade of insert.
- Operate all aspects of the machines; (powering machines up and down, bar feed operation, restarts, faults, etc)
- Read and use calipers, micrometers and other measuring equipment
- Tooling knowledge and the ability to indentify types of tooling and tooling wear characteristics
- Programming knowledge and ability
- Excellent communication skills required
- Act with the utmost integrity, professionalism and positive attitude.
- Must be a team player.
- High School Diploma or equivalent and a minimum of one (1) experience as a Conventional Machinist II or equivalent
- Basic Shop Math
- Advanced blue print reading
- Geometrical Dimensioning & Tolerance
- Experience using Calipers, Micrometers, Height Stands and Bore Gages.
- Must clearly demonstrate ability to set up multiple machines and pass an assessment prior to moving to in LG6
- Basic Valve School- 30 days
- While performing duties you may be required to stand, walk, stoop, bend, twist and/or lift up to 50 pounds throughout an entire shift. May be required to work more than 8 hours in a day or 40 hours in a week based on production needs.
- Exposed to manufacturing plant conditions and elements including but not limited to noise, dust, dirt, oil, and grease.
- PPE's will be required including safety glasses, ear plugs and/or safety shoes.
- May be required to work at different work stations as determined by business needs.
Finished Products Paper Machine Superintendent
What if you were given the opportunity and responsibility to make a difference? It is time to embrace your Infinite Possibilities. This is your opportunity to be part of International Paper, a Fortune 500 company and global leader in paper and packaging products. IP is known for our commitment to the environment and to cutting-edge technology. We have spent more than 100 years creating new ideas, and we are looking for people who can collaborate to help us build on our history, while creating future success. We are committed to attracting, preparing, promoting and supporting our teams. At International Paper, you control your destiny. We offer benefits, challenges, global opportunities and total rewards. When we say Infinite Possibilities, we mean it.
This position reports to the Finished Products Business Unit Manager and assists with management of all aspects of the Paper manufacturing processes of #8 paper machine to include safety, quality, production, cost, and people resources to achieve or exceed targeted performance levels. Coordinate activities with other departments to improve mill performance & maximize profitability. Establish systems for tracking and managing operational expenses and performance. This position will work with other leaders in the area to develop a high performance team.
Demonstrate leadership in the area of safety; support broad based participation in the mill's safety process
Continue to develop and nurture a team based organization committed to employee participation, engagement and team work, to ensure the success of the Savannah Mill. Utilize CSA process to align Balance Scorecard initiatives to personal objectives
Responsible for supervising, developing and mentoring APM(s) and First Line Leaders.
Help lead the effort to develop a reliability culture where a clear partnership exists between Operations, Maintenance and engineering
Maintain a focus on product and process quality with excellent relationship with internal customers and suppliers such as the power house, pulp processes, maintenance, and shipping
Assist with management of the area to achieve budget manufacturing costs, working and ensuring appropriate attention to cost issues and searching for new methods to allow cost reductions
Foster a culture that supports basic care and improved reliability with goals to reduce the amount of unscheduled downtime
Set expectations and hold both teams and individuals accountable for results and ensure the proper discipline process is followed as needed
Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering or Related Technical Degree required
Minimum of 7+ years of successful Paper Machine Management
Demonstrated record of safety commitment and results
Good communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate to groups and individuals at all levels
Demonstrated leadership focused on accountability and results
Thorough knowledge of papermaking processes and operations
Understanding of lean manufacturing tools and their application in driving deliberate improvement initiatives.
- Planning, Directing others, Command Skills, Interpersonal Savvy, Building Effective Teams, Confronting Direct Reports, Functional / Technical, Drive For Results, and Managing Vision and Purpose.
International Paper is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Veterans.
Machine Operator Apprentice
Reports To: Supervisor and Plant Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Responsible for all activities associated with running a Flexo or Rotary Die Cutter including: setup, operation, cleanup, and recommending improvements to operations.
Sets up and runs the Load Former, feeding the machine
Reviews job tickets, print cards, and quality inspection paperwork with machine Captain
Sets up and operates the pre-feeder.
Reads job order and mounts specified rubber print plate and printing dies on cylinder.
Installs cylinder on shaft, and secures assembly in bed of press.
Fills dye fonts with prescribed inks or dyes.
Moves levers to engage dye rolls, adjusting position of cylinder to print two or more colors without overlapping or smearing previously printed area.
Starts press, adjusting speed, tension, and alignment of printing plate as necessary.
Cuts sample of printed material from end of printed roll and inspects for imperfections, such as blurred or off-center impressions.
Cleans rubber plate, cylinder, and dye fonts, using solvent, and lubricates press as needed, using grease gun.
May mix inks or dyes to produce desired colors.
Sets up rails, print, and die cut section on machinery accurately in accordance with proper setup techniques.
Inspects all dies before and after run to ensure that any necessary repairs are made before the next run.
Ensures all bolts for cutting dies are in place and tightly secured.
Monitor box quality, including, but not limited to, loose liner, warp, correct size, and print.
Checks anilox rolls for damage.
Maximizes the utilization of equipment by operating the machinery at available capacity and speed.
Cross trains and assist Helpers, Stackers, and Bundlers with job duties on the machine.
Cross-train on other machines.
Completes necessary reports in an accurate and timely manner, including but not limited to: Production Data,
Machine Operational Status, Safety Data, Quality Data. Turn in maintenance work orders to supervision for needed repairs.
Must be proactive in the maintenance of equipment.
Switches duties with stacker as necessary.
Complies with all company policies and procedures, including safety and maintaining good housekeeping.
Adheres to production schedule. Makes recommendations for optimizing the schedule to meet cost, quality and service goals.
Reports any issues to Supervisor.
Adherence to company policies, including its attendance is essential.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
One year certificate from college or technical school; or 2-3 to years related experience and/or training. Previous experience in a manufacturing environment or similar industry experience preferred.
Boxes, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
E3 Paper Machine Area Coordinator (587-291)
To plan, direct and maintain efficient manufacturing operation of the E3 paper machine meeting safety, production and quality requirements.
Provide leadership in safety excellence
Implement and lead paper machine area improvements by following Verso's Operational Excellence business model
Close R-Gap budget initiatives by focusing on the three circles of improvement – People, Technical, Process Systems
Convert the business plan to a daily operations plan
Provide technical expertise in daily operations
Coordinate repairs and maintenance; establish priorities for repair work; schedule shutdowns to optimize maintenance repairs
Participate in Capital Projects planning and budgeting.
Thorough understanding of unit operations, process equipment, and technology
In depth knowledge of plant operations, maintenance spending constraints, production commitments, costs, margins, capital projects, small projects and turnarounds
Ability to give encouragement, guidance, and direction to others to improve performance
Ability to listen generously and practice open advocacy
Ability to reach a conclusion using relevant information and data and to determine the best course of action in a timeframe that is consistent with business requirements
Ability to interact effectively with all levels of personnel, both union and management
Ability to motivate and direct those supervised, as well as the ability to develop organizational talent.
Bachelor's degree in pulp & paper science, chemical engineering, mechanical engineering or a related field or equivalent work experience
7+ years of related paper, operational, or manufacturing/industrial experience
Proven experience with several leadership behaviors: Leading and Advocating Change, Drive for Results, Communication, Managerial Courage, Building and Effective Team, and Managing through Systems
Verso Corporation is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability.
Job Location Escanaba, Michigan, United StatesPosition TypeFull-Time/Regular
Assistant Machine Operator
Company Profile- Permalite, the leading manufacturer of quality substrate is looking to expand to the Austin Area. Originally servicing the Southern California market, the company has continued to grow and expand business globally. Permalite recently moved into a 300,000 square foot building in Austin, Texas.
The Converting Assistant Machine Operator positions is an entry level position in the Converting paper department and part of a team that has accountability for the safe operation of the converting, paper machine or warehouse operations. Incumbents will report directly to the Converting/Paper or Warehouse Supervisor or departmental team Lead Operator.
Location: North Austin, Howard Lane area
Shift: 1st and 2nd
Pay Rate: $13.00 / hr + Shift Differential
*Must be available to work weekends*
ESSENTIAL DUTIES: Duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned as business demands.
- Load and unload materials onto or into machine by pushing, pulling, lifting, or stacking, either by hand or with equipment provided.
- Inspect material and reports defective materials or questionable conditions to the lead operator
- Prepare work area for work orders assigned
- Package and palletize converted rolls
- Follow prescribed safety regulations at all times
- Relate with all co-workers in congenial manner
- Maintain the work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition
- Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Basic comfort with mechanical applications to become familiar with basic machine functions
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one or two step instructions
- Must read and follow written instructions and add and subtract simple fractions
- Ability to work in independently or in teams while maintaining a favorable working relationship with other company employees
- Regularly required to stand, stoop, kneel and/or crouch
- Capable to lift or move 50 lbs
- Occasionally required to climb or balance
- Ability to use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls: reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, or crouch.
Medical, Dental, Vision, PTO, 401k, 2 Floating Holidays and 6 PAID HOLIDAYS!
CNC Machine Operator - 3Rd Shift
Must have previous CNC machine operating experience where you had to program or enter job specs into a computer terminal!
Starting Pay Rate: Up to $14/hour Depending on experience
Third shift works Sunday-Thursday 7:30pm to 6am; Friday 6pm to 11pm (48 to 53 hours/week).
- MUST have woodworking experience.
- Must be familiar with industrial table saw operation.
- Plans machining by studying work orders, blueprints, engineering plans, materials, specifications, drawings, reference planes, locations of surfaces, and machining parameters; interpreting geometric dimensions and tolerances
- Programs mills by entering instructions, including zero and reference points; setting tool registers, offsets, compensation, and conditional switches; calculating requirements, including basic math, geometry, and trigonometry; proving part programs.
- Loads feed mechanism by lifting stock into position.
- Verifies settings by measuring positions, first-run part, and sample workpieces; adhering to standards.
- Maintains specifications by observing drilling, grooving, and cutting, including turning, facing, knurling and thread chasing operations; taking measurements; detecting malfunctions; troubleshooting processes; adjusting and reprogramming controls; sharpening and replacing worn tools; adhering to quality assurance procedures and processes.
- Maintains safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and regulations.
- Maintains equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs.
- Maintains continuity among work shifts by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Documents actions by completing production and quality logs.
- Experience with setting up and operating a CNC machine
- Ability to read and interpret documents, blueprints, write routine reports and correspondence
- Ability to understand general programming
- Ability to work with and apply mathematical concepts
- Demonstrates mechanical aptitude
- Experience with basic measuring equipment such as micrometers, calipers, surface plate checks and optical comparators
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!