Machine Set Up Operator Paper Goods Job Description Sample
Paper Laminating Machine (Plm) Operator - Nights
Paper Laminating Machine Operator (PLM/PGR – Level C):
This is a position working in our Paper Laminating Machine (PLM) area.
Will work Monday through Thursday 5:45 p.m. – 6:15 a.m.n
DNP Imagingcomm America Corporation is a wholly owned Japanese subsidiary established in Concord, NC in 1995. Today, we coat jumbo rolls, slit and package ID card and photo ribbons used in printing applications; as well as develop software, deploy photo printing kiosks, integrate systems and provide support for our products.
As a PGR member, operate a production coating machine in order to achieve output and yield targets
Duties, Responsibilities & Authority:
- Operate coating machine and produce High Quality Paper product within specifications
- Per the posted Standard Operating Procedures under direction of the Group Leader
- Assist in the initial Quality Inspection Testing, as directed by the Group Leader
- Perform area specific countermeasures to maintain Quality
- Communicate and eliminate non-conforming product conditions
- Perform changeovers to the coating machine
- Activities not limited to roll exchanges, roll cleaning, doctor blade exchanges, machine threading, filter changes, parts cleaning and material handling
- Some activities require periods of physical exertion and coordination with maintenance, operation, management and others as necessary
- Perform line checks to area of responsibility and take action when necessary
- Under the guidance of the Group Leader
- Obtain a full working knowledge of the local mixing, coating and ink supply systems to be proficient in troubleshooting basic equipment and process problems
- Charge inks and organic solvents in a measured & controlled manner, producing a coat-able solution per the batch controlled mixing sheet
- Assist in the development and training of other operators as directed
- Assist in maintenance activities, providing input and explanation for process issues
- Participate in Productivity Improvement and Cost Reduction plans as directed
- Facilitate internal communication and working relationships within areas of responsibility
- Perform all duties in accordance with established safety rules and regulations
Job Requirements /
- High school diploma or equivalent experience required
- Associate degree in technical field preferred
- Experience in mixing/blending/coating/extrusion operations preferred
- Prior product manufacturing experience required
- Operator must be able to bend, stoop, squat, twist and work in cramped spaces
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds, operate a roll cart weighing in excess of 400 pounds
- Must be able to occasionally work in confined space
- Repetitive arm and shoulder motion when cleaning rolls
- Must have the ability to interface and communicate effectively, write legibly and read/comprehend sufficiently to perform the duties required
- Must be able to operate appropriate test equipment and react to the readings generated or displayed on monitors, gauges, panels or sensors
- Must be able to learn to use and read instruments including micrometers, microscopes, light tables and other specialized equipment used production
- Perform mathematical calculations including percentages, multiplication and division
- Operate a personal computer (PC) and software relevant to the job
- Must be able to work in close proximity with organic solvents
- Must have the ability to wear air-purifying respiratory protection equipment as needed
- Must be able to work in a team-based, high-stress production environment
- Must have adequate vision to inspect product for small defects
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks at a time and prioritize appropriately
- Perform all duties in a safe and efficient manner, including OSHA and HAZWOPER training
Paper Machine Control Room Operator (Machine Tender) - (Shelby Expansion)
Clearwater Paper is seeking skilled Paper Machine Control Room Operators for our Shelby NC location. Sucessful candidates will have experience setting up and operating paper good equipment. Responsibilities include:
Operate DCS for Machine Operations
Conduct Paper Quality Checks
Maintain Paper Testing Equipment
Adjust Paper Machine Process To Maintain Quality Centerlines Of Paper
Direct Team Members In Daily Operations Of Paper Machine
Assist Quality Department during trials
Train Team Members In Paper Making Process And Control Room Responsibilities
Maintain And Adjust Boiler Operation
Perform Responsibilities As A Relief Team Leader In The Paper Making Department
Serve As Emergency Evacuation Coordinator For Paper Making Department
Enter Work Orders Into JDE Work Order System To Identify Equipment In Need Of Repairs
Work With Maintenance and E&I Department In Completing Work Orders
Manage Team On Down Days If In Team Leader Relief Position
Able To Prioritize Several Situations At Once
Experience with lean methodology and TPM is preferred
At least 2 years of Paper Machine Operation experience
High school education or GED required
Achievement of technical skills in all positions on the paper machine.
Problem solving ability.
Good reading, writing and verbal skills.
Basic computer skills.
Must Be Self-Motivated This position requires working in all areas of the paper machine. Lifting, bending will be required. The area Is hot and loud. There are slipping, tripping and falling hazards, as well as in running nips and suspended loads. Compressed air, steam, lubrication oil and hydraulic fluid will be used in the paper machine area. Travel for this position is minimal, but may be occasionally required. Overtime is required to complete critical tasks and meet deadlines. Req No.: 2017-3139 Post End Date: 4/27/2018 External Company URL: http://www.clearwaterpaper.com
Machine Operator - Paper Shredding Specialist
Destruction Center Specialists serve clients by accurately processing and destroying all materials delivered to the production facility. They sort material and operate forklifts and other machinery and assist with other necessary duties.
- Empty collected material from containers; cut open bags, dump payloads, empty roll-arounds.
- Sort material by grade; separate and discard rubbish.
- Perform emergency equipment repairs.
- Clean facility and containers.
- Maintain strict security of material and trucks.
- Ensure safe machine operations.
- Assist in loading and unloading company trucks and vans.
- Inspect and maintain all equipment, including Scanner and all record center vehicles
- Perform auditing per schedule or as requested.
- Observe safety procedures, including containers/lids replaced and repaired, floors free of debris, and report any safety issues to direct supervisor.
- Communicate regularly with your direct supervisor to notify him or her of any potential issues, including but not limited to those relating to your job, or those relating to the client.
- Advise the appropriate manager of any issues requiring immediate attention, including but not limited to customer complaints.
- Participate in safety and security drills and advise the appropriate manager of any violations.
- Know and understand defined role in the Company Disaster Recovery Plan.
- Ensure all accidents and injuries are reported immediately to your supervisor.
- Travel between facilities when necessary.
- Collaborate with team members.
- Work overtime as necessary.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
Education and Years of Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- At least one to two years’ experience in a warehouse/physical atmosphere and/or service industry.
Certifications, Licenses, Credentials:
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must be skilled in operating a forklift and/or pick lift.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Must possess basic computer skills.
- Ability to complete paperwork accurately and completely understand the importance of detail and accuracy.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Ability to follow directions.
Physical Requirements (lifting, etc.):
- Routine lifting of 20-60 pounds (100-500 containers per day).
- Grip, lift, push, pull, and carry plastic bins over, up and down inclines, stairs, changes in walking surfaces and elevations.
- Overhead reaching.
- Routine bending and stretching.
- Routine pushing and pulling.
- Climb/step into a truck or cab.
- Must tolerate occasional periods of maintaining entire body in erect posture with static weight bearing on one or both legs.
- Must tolerate constant periods of resting without change in position.
- Must tolerate occasional periods of moving the entire body from one location to another with the use of legs.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment. EEO/AA/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Vets
Paper Machine Rewinder Slitter Operator
Hi, thank you for taking the time to look at our job posting. We are looking for an immediate hire to run our paper slitter rewinder machine. We are a company that specializes in food grade packaging. You would be required to run the machine that converts big rolls to smaller rolls. We need someone with real, hands on machine operation experience. I apologize, but driving a forklift doesn't count as experience with this type of machine. This machine is technical and requires a lot of brain power and resolve, as it can be frustrating at certain points. I don't mean to scare anyone away, I just want to be descriptive enough so we can find the right individual to meet our needs. If you feel that you have what it takes, please apply! Thanks so much for understanding!
Cleanliness and organization is a must. Punctuality is taken very seriously here.
Shift: Mon-Fri / 7am- 3:30pm
MUST INCLUDE RESUME
- Drug Tests, References and Background Checks will be performed prior to hiring.
-Follow work order instructions
-Set knives and run material to work order specifications
-Report all defects and damages to the Operations Manager or supervisor.
-Follow SOP Program
-Help machine maintain tidiness and cleanliness standards of the warehouse.
-Perform all assigned tasks given by the supervisor or Operations Manager efficiently and timely.
-Help to ensure the quality of supplies and goods are compliant with the ByPak Inc. standards.
-Maintain all safety regulations while carrying out work functions.
-Be aware and knowledgeable of assessed job hazards and the required PPE
-Solid math skills are a MUST
-Should be bodily fit and have the ability to lift weighty goods and materials, up to and including 75 lbs.
-Should have ability to conduct all assigned works and tasks competently.
-Should have ability to effectively manage time and meet all specified deadlines.
-Should be a team player and have the capacity to synchronize with associates.
-Should be familiar with all the safety rules
High school degree, GED certification or a corresponding prerequisite from a certified college.
Benefits:- 2 weeks vacation after 12 months. Paid holidays and sick time after 90 day probation period- No Health Insurance at this time.
CNC Machine Operator / Set Up Operator
We are opening a second location and we are seeking CNC Machine Operators to join our team! You will help oversee operational activities and ensure excellent quality control.
- Set Up or Operate CNC 3, 4, 5-axis Mills, CNC Lathes, Citizen Swiss Style Screw machines, 9-axis multitasking machines
- Signing off on full measurements of first part and showing operator how to run the machine or part
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues in a timely fashion
- Provide innovative solutions to improve plant efficiency
- Previous experience in plant operations or other related fields
- Familiarity with machine tools and equipment
- Strong troubleshooting and critical thinking skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Able to read print measurements
We offer full benefits with 60% of employee's premium paid by employer. We are running two facilities and at both locations we have 3 shifts available. Day shift runs from 8am-5pm, Mid shift runs from 4pm-1am, and Third Shift runs from 12am-9am. Shift differential is offered for Mid Shift and Third. We also offer a 401K program.
Paper Mill Set Up Utility
About WestRock About WestRock WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace.
WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com . WestRock (NYSE:WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace.
WestRock’s 39,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 250 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe and Asia.
Learn more at www.westrock.com. WestRock Mahrt Operations is currently looking for safe committed people to join our Paper Mill in Cottonton, AL. Currently, we are looking to fill openings at our entry-level position as a Set-Up Utility. Below provides more detail for the position and it requirements.
Basic functions: Set-Up Utility (Extra Utility) position is there to assist other workers in the operation of the Paper Machine and to cut cores. Essential functions will include but not limited to: Cutting, loading, storing, and removing of paper cores Assist in start up of machines
Clean up of areas
Responsible to perform duties of other jobs in the Papermill line of progression in accordance with Labor Agreement. Mahrt Operations Papermill offers competitive wages as well as benefits package. The Wages and Benefits offered include: Competitive hourly wage rates -- entry probationary rate is $15.08 per hour, with an increase to $18.71-$21.50/hr upon successful completion of probationary period. Medical and dental insurance 401(k) and pension plan Short- and long-term disability insurance Life insurance
Knowledge, skills, and abilities needed: Possess a high school diploma or GEDBe able to work in a heavy industrial environment
Be able to work rotating shifts (Southern Swing)Be able to work safely at all times
Possess a solid history of employment
Pass written company administered test that covers the following: Reading rules & Gauges, Math, and Reading (Work Ready Certificate no longer required)Ability to read to accomplish such tasks as reading reports, gauges, signs, etc. No phone calls will be accepted in reference to the position WestRock Mahrt Operations is committed to a safe, drug-free workplace.
To be considered for employment, an applicant must pass all Pre-employment screening requirements which include academic/criminal/employment, drug, and physical. WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans Production/Manufacturing WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans. Paper Mill Set Up Utility
CNC Set Up / Machine Operator
Set up and operate multi axis, numerical control milling machine to mill surfaces of metal castings and stock according to specifications and tooling instructions applying knowledge of machining methods.
This is for a first shift position (7 AM to 3:30 PM).
This position reports to the Machining Supervisor.
Set up jobs by loading program and fixtures into CNC.
Preparing and operating CNC machines to perform tasks such as drilling, grinding, milling, etc.
Understanding specifications of the task at hand and the desired result by reading blue prints, mechanical drawings, etc.
Prepare and load raw materials and parts onto the machines.
Replaces milling, drilling, boring tools and inserts at specified change points.
Supervise the machines while they execute the machine cycle and make any necessary adjustments to produce parts to the dimensional standards.
Inspect and measure finished products and compare them with dimensional requirements to determine if the parts have been machined to the quality standards.
Uses inspection gages such as verniers, scales, micrometers and pin gages.
Check and maintain machinery daily to ensure functionality.
Operate within all safety guidelines.
- 5+ years experience
- Able to run milling and turning machines
- experience with Mazak milling centers using Mazatrol controls
- Have experience with other CNC milling machines will be considered
- Able to work first or second shift and overtime as needed.
STANDARDS OF PERFORMANCE
- Direct labor efficiency
- Employee absenteeism
- Number of lost time injuries
- Scrap rate
Pouch Machine Set Up Operator
Precision Color Graphics Ltd
Franklin, Wisconsin 53132
Pouch Machine Set up Operator.
Precision Color Graphics Ltd, is a leading player in the manufacture of flexible packaging products, we are keenly focused on markets for custom resealable, shaped and spouted pouches. With experienced, hands-on management, customer support and manufacturing expertise, we offer packaging solutions that work. Quality products, timely delivery, competitive pricing and an unshakeable commitment to customer service are all business-as-usual at SPT.
Pouch Machine Set Up Operator Responsibilities and Duties:
The Pouch Set up Machine Operator is responsible to make Stand up pouches with zippers and tear notches within customer specifications. The Pouch Machine Set up Operator will have overall responsibility for the machines including, output and maintenance.
This set up position will be responsible to set up more then one machine and working with the pouch machine Assistants / Helpers to keep a continues flow of product output.
Pouch Machine Set Up Operator, Qualifications and Skills:
• The ability to think through the mechanical aspects of equipment.Good decision making, when performing production job change over’s.
• The ability to do visual quality inspections, perform quality testing, system data entry input to the control panel to ensure appropriate records are maintained for job and its settings.
• The ability to ensure maximum machine performance.
• Troubleshoot equipment and production issues.
• The ability to endure long periods of standing.
• Must have good math, reading, writing skills.
• The ability to tactfully communicate to other employees at all levels.
• Maintaining a safe and clean environment in all of the work area.
• Able to read rulers, tape measures and convert both in inches and metric millimeter measurements.
• Set up the machines to job ticket specifications in a timely manner.
• Load incoming client material.
• Set tension, heat and dwell setting to start up specifications found on job tickets.
• Set Up Heat Seal and cooling Bars,
• Follow up with GMP and ISO guidelines.
Detail oriented, committed and willing to learn.
Excellent color perception with or without corrective lenses.
Pouch Machine Set Up Operator: Benefits and Salary
Pay based on level of experience
Certifications and Education
High school Diploma or GED
Minimum of 4 years experience
Respond / Reply To:
Precision Color Graphics
9640 S. Oakwood Park Drive
Franklin, WI 53132
Paper Machine Operator
The Paper Machine Operator job consists of assisting all co-workers with setting up and maintaining production of papermaking equipment. Included in their duties is ensuring that they read the order properly, ensure all raw materials are available, ensure proper set-up of equipment, and preventative machine maintenance while following all safe work practices.
• Additional Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• 1) Wear all required Personal Protective Equipment (glasses, ear plugs, gloves, etc…)
• 2) Monitor machines, equipment and processes.
• 3) House Keeping, washing up, raking up paper, shoveling debris.
• 4) Small repairs of paper mill equipment.
• 5) Perform test on either raw material or finished product.
• 6) Perform fast walking rounds of work area, continuously.
• 7) Install paper machine clothing on shutdown (requires heavy lifting).
• 8) Train others employees as well as receive training in multiple jobs through out the plant.
• 9) Interpret data from the computer system and input data as needed.
• 10) Perform any other task ask of him or her by Mill Management.
College degree, Military or Paper Mill Experience required.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans
Paper Machine Operator
Training will be on the day shift 8am-4pm
After training period the employee will be placed on the 3rd shift 6pm-6am
Main purpose of job
Leads a two person team that furnishes and operates a paper machine, which makes mica paper for electrical and/or heat insulating materials that must meet product and/or customer specifications
Obtaining a product that complies with technical and quality standards.
Key duties and responsibilities
- Maintain production standards in terms of scrap and efficiencies.
- Checks equipment for needed adjustments or repairs; Corrects as necessary or reports problems to the supervisor to initiate a repair request.
- Maintain good housekeeping on and around the equipment. This is an ongoing function that can be performed while the equipment is in operation.
- Informs the next shift regarding all activities that are underway and parameters that need to be followed.
- Supervises the equipment at all time; does not leave the workplace without the consent of his superior.
- Work all shifts and reasonable amount of overtime, including weekends to meet customer needs.
- Ability to lift 70 lbs.
- Reduce material scrap
- Perform data entries on the computer
- Fill out process sheets
- Visually inspect material being produced for defects; and corrects such defects as necessary.
- Assists maintenance in making equipment changes when necessary.
- Directs and assists in removal of finished rolls from the paper machine, collecting of samples, roll weighing and transporting and packaging as necessary.
- Completes production reports, data entry on the computer, process sheets identification tags and other records as required
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!