Machine Setter Job Description Sample
About Continental With sales of €39.2 billion in 2015, Continental is among the leading automotive suppliers worldwide and currently employs more than 215,000 employees in 55 countries. The Chassis & Safety division develops and produces integrated active and passive driving safety technologies as well as products that support vehicle dynamics.
The product portfolio ranges from electronic and hydraulic brake and chassis control systems to sensors, advanced driver assistance systems, airbag electronics and sensorics as well as electronic air suspension systems all the way to windscreen washer systems and headlight cleaning nozzles. The focus lies on a high level of system competence and the networking of individual components. Thus products and system functions are developed along the SensePlanAct chain of effects.
They form the foundation for automated driving. Chassis & Safety employs more than 40,000 people worldwide and generated sales of approximately €8.4 billion in 2015.
Auto req ID 70566BR
Job Description Reporting directly to the shift supervisor, responsible for the overall quality and production output of dedicated machines. Act as “Cell Lead”, providing direction and training to machine operator as needed. • Conduct “preflight” checklist items at beginning of each shift to have machine at maximum efficiency to include: Check fluids and maintain fills as needed Inspects all fixtures and datums at beginning of shift and make repairs as needed Perform Quality checks per established Control Plan at beginning of each shift monitor gauges for calibration. Analyzes results of CMM reports and reacts accordingly (using proper understanding of machine tooling), up to and including radius comps and tool monitoring systems. Use DataPage to Analyze SPC data from CMM reports and reacts accordingly Ensure correct materials is staged and ready Ensure 5S standards for each machine are met and maintained • Conducts tool changes, evaluates tooling wear or breakage issues, stages tools for upcoming tool changes per specified instruction and periodically reviews information with engineering. Confirms tooling instructions remain current. • Coordinates product flow to and from machines, communicates with material handlers regarding upcoming changeovers and monitors material characteristics (rust, correct labeling, etc.) • Approves completed production quantity as described by Inspection Plan • Conducts machine/product changeovers with assistance of operator as requested • Responsible to troubleshoot and repair minor mechanical and automation issues to assigned machines including the change of coolant filters. Issues work orders into Maintenance System for repairs beyond scope of Setter. • Become involved in Preventive Maintenance activities by monitoring fluids and lubricant usage levels, detecting leaks or breaks to equipment. Support maintenance as requested. • Evaluate and dispositions all scrap at end of shift. • Compliance to all Continental and Henderson plant permits, policies and procedures including, but not limited to, environmental, health, safety, security, ISO 14001 and Environmental Management systems, TS 16949 and Quality Management Systems, Human Resources policies, and Continental Business System elements. • Verify all safety devices are in place and remain in place, are operational. Inspects work areas for potential safety hazards. • Immediately communicates production nonconformances to Supervisor and Quality representative. Actively engage in 8D problem solving teams to resolve customer issues. Ensures conformance to all Quality procedures, alerts and operator instructions remain current. High School Diploma or GED required Minimum bronze level CRC (Career Readiness Certificate) required Technical Diploma (1 year) preferred Associates Degree work in related field also preferred. 35 Years General Machining Experience Knowledge of hydraulics and pneumatics Knowledge of machining processes, gauging Ability to read and understand mechanical blueprints Understands principles, concepts and application of SPC reporting Knowledge of cutting tools, their application and tool wear Understanding Quality procedures and approved processes Ability to interpret and react to CMM results Knowledge of CNC machining and understanding of programs and offsets or basic metrology understanding Basic mechanical troubleshooting ability Effective communication skills Ability and willingness to lead and train others in systematic manner Must have good personal organization skills Good basic computer skills, able to maneuver within office software systems and maintain charts, correspondence, etc. Forklift Certification (as required)
Job Requirements High School Diploma or GED required Minimum bronze level CRC (Career Readiness Certificate) required Technical Diploma (1 year) preferred Associates Degree work in related field also preferred. 35 Years General Machining Experience Knowledge of hydraulics and pneumatics Knowledge of machining processes, gauging Ability to read and understand mechanical blueprints Understands principles, concepts and application of SPC reporting Knowledge of cutting tools, their application and tool wear Understanding Quality procedures and approved processes Ability to interpret and react to CMM results Knowledge of CNC machining and understanding of programs and offsets or basic metrology understanding Basic mechanical troubleshooting ability Effective communication skills Ability and willingness to lead and train others in systematic manner Must have good personal organization skills Good basic computer skills, able to maneuver within office software systems and maintain charts, correspondence, etc. Forklift Certification (as required)
EEO Statement EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply.
If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to North.America.Recruiting@continental-corporation.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.209.4000.
Division Footer Text Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
Machine Setter Operator
Machine Setter Operator
salary:$11.40 - $17.10 per hour
date posted:Tuesday, February 13, 2018
job type:Temp to Perm
Must know and follow work place instructions, DCP's and reaction plans. Train employees on the following and certify/document according to procedures (this list is not exhaustive): Gaging PLEX (traceability) and reinforcement of behaviors Safety procedures Able to operate all equipment to standard Must be able to perform the required daily PM's associated with the line. Interpret blueprints and use conventional measuring instruments.
Must be able to secure parts from the tool crib and report items taken per procedures. Monitor Work in Process (WIP) within Cell Follow process controls Responsible for ensuring product conforms to quality standards and must do the following(this list is not exhaustive): Maintain SPC records/checklists as specified and perform SPC charting as required. Maintain process documentation relating to quality and productivity.
Understand, comply and complete our internal audit system; Daily Quality and Layered Quality Audits Identify and record Quality issues (NCR's and CAPA's) Must be able to make adjustments to the equipment as necessary to ensure parts meet all quality checks. Must be able to perform all quality checks (including test lab checks) to ensure parts meet customer requirements. Reinforce 5S (housekeeping) behaviors.
Analyze and classify scrap daily by shift. Understand what tooling is being consumed and react to abnormalities. Repair and troubleshoot equipment.
Inventory accuracy at the cell level. Manage cycle counting. Troubleshoot PLEX issues and fix mistakes.
Working hours: M-F: 7:00AM-3:00PM
Listed are examples of machines to Set-up and operate:
Auto-gages, Assembly Machines, Bearing Machines, CNC Lathes, Broaches, Drillers, Rotary Tables, CNC Machining Centers, Vaills, Force to slide machines, Various testlab machines, CNC Spline Roller Machine Experience and Education Requirements High School Diploma or GED. Reading, writing and mathematical level necessary to competently perform job duties. Experience with adjustable gages and written technical data. 1-3 years machine operation experience.
Must have a mechanical background and able to use hand tools. Competencies - Knowledge, skills and characteristics/behaviors Attention to detail Initiative Model cooperation and teamwork Randstad is a world leader in matching great people with great companies. Our experienced agents will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company.
Whether you're looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, no one works harder for you than Randstad. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.
Press Brake Setter Operator
- Setup and document tooling for Amada Brake Presses
- Verify accuracy of machine settings to meet specified tolerances
- Completes all required safety procedures prior to and during operations
- Communicate with management, quality, and other shop personnel for assignments
- Must be able to work from drawings
- Operators will be required to maintain cleanliness of machine and work area
- May perform other duties/tasks required by management
Production Setter - Injection Molding
The Production Setter will be responsible for systematic problem solving and troubleshooting of molding and assembly equipment using strong mechanical ability, effective communication skills and demonstration of leadership skills.
Setup & Preventative Responsibilities
- Start-up and shutdown of molding and assembly equipment in accordance with procedures.
- Changes molds and assembly equipment in accordance with the production schedule (KANBAN System).
- Changes molds/assembly equipment to provide consistent part quality protecting company assets.
- Documents all molding/assembly setup and supports recording of downtime.
- Prepares molds and/or fixtures for storage at the completion of a production run.
- Notifies Manufacturing Supervisor and/or Maintenance of downtime issues.
- Tags tools/fixtures according to the tool repair and maintenance work order procedure.
- Keeps the Manufacturing Supervisor advised of recurring problems existing in the production area
Systematic Problem Solving and Troubleshooting
- Troubleshoots process-related concerns while adhering to setup documentation to maintain consistent quality and production requirements.
- Identify product or process defects in molding and assembly.
- Performs duties as an Operator, Material Handler or back-up Manufacturing Supervisor when requested by Maintenance Engineer or Manufacturing Supervisor.
- Provides and assists in giving direction to production employees in regards to work assignments.
- Practices good housekeeping techniques in keeping all areas of responsibility clean, organized, safe and hazard free.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High School diploma or equivalent preferably with vocational education training in skilled trades or other related discipline;
- 2-4 years of experience working with injection molding machine set-up and processing;
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office software.
- Must complete New Employee Orientation and Quality Systems Overview training in addition to any training identified by department management.
- Must have the ability to conduct root cause analysis and present alternative solutions and make repairs and/or adjustments to correct problems.
- Ability to make informed decisions to satisfy internal and external customers.
Bilingual Appointment Setter
Growing 27 year old industrial service company is seeking an entry-level sales support position with heavy cold calling and prospecting.
The position is responsible for developing business prospects and setting appointments for outside sales reps.
- High volumes of daily outbound/cold calls
- Discover, develop and qualify business prospects
- Set appointments for outside sales reps
- Bilingual/Spanish - must be fluent in English and Spanish
- Excellent communication and phone skills
- Ability to pass pre-employment drug test & criminal background screen
- Dependable transportation, attendance and punctuality
Excellent work environment with full health, vision, dental life and retirement benefits plus paid holidays and time off.
Must live within 25 miles to Framers Branch Tx
Hours: M-F 8:00AM-5:00PM
Compensation starts at $12-14/hour
Our mission is to help keep our clients equipment and lines running smoothly and back to OEM specifications. We hire only the most experienced technicians in the field today to work on repairs. With four locations across the United States: AZ, GA, IL, and TX, we are continuing to expand our growth in staff, services, and locations. We have territory drivers and sales reps throughout the United Stats that can pick up your broken equipment or one of our reps can be scheduled to come in for a consultation.
We have the ability to service and repair most manufacturers and models. We specifically specialize in old and obsolete equipment. The primary markets we serve extend to industries such as food processing plants, plastic, steel, textiles, paper printing, automotive, glass, furniture, wood, tobacco, metal, wind power, rubber, leather, chemicals, refineries, and water treatment facilities.
We offer free pick-ups, no evaluation fees, and flat-rate quotes. We typically run about half the cost of new on repairs. All of our repairs are backed by an In-Service Warranty that extends to the entire unit and not just the parts we repaired or replaced. Our warranty starts when you plug your equipment back into your machine and not when it's sent back to you like other repair companies
Our warranty, knowledgeable staff, techs, and excellent customer service, are just some of the reasons as to what truly sets us above our competitors.
Tool And Die Setter
SRG is hiring for a Die Setter for 2nd shift at JNM in Glasgow KY. MUST HAVE DIE SETTING
Pay: $18.00 to $22.00
The Die Setter is responsible for ensuring efficient changeover of die setup in the safest manner possible. The die setter must have hoist & crane operation certification, a lift truck license, and must work well in a team environment. You will be responsible for independently completing coil changes and set up of coils in presses. The die setter must have a clear understanding of die set up and tear down procedures. This position requires endurance and size to bolt down dies and follow die setup sheets.
· Proper set up of dies in press
· Removal of die from press
· Set up of End of Arm Tooling
· Adjustments to tooling
· Proper completion of press sheets
· Assisting with Machine Repair
· Work on press as an Operator when required
· Uphold all health & safety rules and regulations per JNM/WMT Health & Safety Manual and Ontario’s Occupational Health & Safety Act
· Uphold all employment standards, company policies and procedures
· Prompt and regular attendance and working all assigned hours
· Perform any other duties, as required
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent
- Valid forklift license
- Hoist and crane operation certification
Work Experience Requirements
- Minimum 2 years’ experience with stamping presses
- Competent in die setup and change overs
Knowledge & Skills Requirements
- Required skill and knowledge of die setting trade
- Ability to trouble shoot stamping dies in a stamping press
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and written
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and work under pressure
- Organizational abilities with task prioritization, multi-tasking, use of timelines and time management techniques
- Strong work ethic and ability to work in a team atmosphere
- Strong problem solving skills
- 44 - 60 hours per week as scheduled
- Day, afternoon, midnight and weekend shifts
- Plant Environment
- Exposure to loud noise.
Want to learn more about SRG? Please copy and paste the link below!https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynE71XbgmUo
Job Type: Full-time
AMES is a Powder Metal Manufacturer specializing in the Automotive market. We are currently looking for a Die Setter. This position will learn the craft of setting up and disassembling our proprietary tooling and dies. You are the right candidate if you enjoy being challenged regularly and love the thrill of finding a problem and finding a solution. You will have the opportunity to work together with our Die Setting team.
Our ideal candidate will have:
Will be able to use math to solve problems related to machinery and the placement of the dies and tools
Mechanical aptitude or a desire to learn how machines operate
Ability to work in a collaborative team environment
Die Setter or Machine Set-up experience, preferable for 2-5 years
If you are looking to join an international company with a local footprint within the heart of Lancaster County than look no further than Ames Reese. If this sounds like a good fit for you, apply today!
We are an independent company, both financially and technologically, with 100% spanish capital. Our production plants are located in Spain, Hungary, USA and China. We have a worldwide sales and technical assistance network, providing service to more than 600 customers in over 50 countries.
Injection Mold Setter
Cobra Plastics, Inc. is looking to add experienced Injection Mold Setters to our team in Macedonia, OH.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a growing company with state of the art equipment and facilities, where employees are valued, involved and empowered.
Perform mold and tool changes as production schedule requires
Perform/assist with color and material changes
Maintain clean and organized mold storage and work areas
Assist with keeping machine color hoppers full
Help break machine operators
Other duties as assigned
Ability to work 2nd shift
1 to 3 years experience setting plastic injection molds
1 to 3 years experience performing tooling changes (desired)
Ability to safely use overhead crane and rigging equipment
Must have own tools
Competitive pay, commensurate with experience
Outstanding comprehensive benefits package
Please apply in person or submit resume and salary requirements for consideration.
No agencies or recruiters please
Equal Opportunity Employer
Plastic Manufacturing Mold Setter Position Available
Main Purpose of the Job:
Assists and supports person responsible for Mold Changes in making sure that machines and components, molds and accessories are changed safely and efficiently utilizing prior production data.
- Supports Mold Change Setter II in performing Mold Changes
- Replaces heads and molds in Blow Molding equipment
- Ensures Mold Changes are complete in defined timeframes
- Assists Mold Change Setter II to perform start-up and process in molds that have been used for established products to meet QA approval
- Maintains good and continuous communication with Supervisor, Maintenance and Mold Change Supervisor and Mold Change Setter II
- Working together in a Team
- Ensures team works together as efficiently as possible
- Maintains good housekeeping within department
- The position description is not all inclusive and I may be required to perform other duties as assigned.
- Time to complete mold changes
- Reports (accurate and complete)
- Quality of processed bottles
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Good knowledge of Blow Molding process preferred
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds
- Able to operate Forklifts
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job:
- The employee is regularly required to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms and very occasionally to climb or balance.
- The employee is regularly required to climb or balance when using correct stands on machine ladders
- The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to sit.
- The employee must regularly lift and/ or move up to 10 lbs, frequently lift and/or move up to 30 lbs and occasionally lift and/or move more than 50 lbs.
The essential functions of the position include:
The safety and health of employees take precedence over all duties of this job
Directs and executes mold changes per the production schedule and all emergency mold changes
Responsible for the proper set-up of all molds and related functions such knockout, hot runner set-up, hydraulics, pneumatics etc. for foam molding machines
Set parameters of the molding press to the process verification sheet if applicable.
Repair any fluid or air leaks relating to the mold.
Responsible for the pulling and resetting of all mold halves, specifically for the purpose of mold repair.
Responsible for assisting with the loading and unloading of all mold carrying trucks.
Responsible for the installation and removal of all auxiliary equipment from the molding floor.
Responsible for the orderly appearance of all mold-setting supplies including the removal of all supplies from the molding machine and immediate area.
Adherence to all quick mold change policies.
Ensure all documentation is completed, submitted and filed in a timely manner
Assist with start-up of presses as required.
Perform maintenance and minor repairs on/to molds.
Maintains cleanliness of areas.
Performs all duties in a manner that demonstrates the highest level of quality and safety.
Participate in all safety initiatives.
Follow good manufacturing practices.
Other duties as required.
Physical demands of the position:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities who are otherwise qualified to safely perform the essential functions of the job, unless such accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the Company.
Ability to push, pull, lift and/or carry up to 75 pounds on a frequent basis and up to 100 pounds on an occasional basis.
Ability to frequently bend, stand, stoop and grasp.
Ability to manipulate small parts on a consistent basis.
Ability to operate hand and power tools
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts in a production environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud. Temperatures inside the plant can fluctuate between hot and cold according to seasonal changes. Personal protective equipment (PPE) is required in the production department and other designated areas.
Please be cautious of scam recruitment offers claiming to be from Sonoco Products Company. Such scams may come from various sources, including fake websites and/or unsolicited emails. These scams seek to obtain personal information or payment from victims by offering jobs that may or may not exist. Please be advised that Sonoco will never ask for payment to progress a job application. Prior to responding to any suspicious email or website posting, please confirm the validity of the opportunity at http://careers.sonoco.com. If you feel you have received a fraudulent Sonoco solicitation, please report the suspicious recruiting activity to email@example.com.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!