Machine Tester Job Description Sample
Web Application QA Tester
- Have knowledge of testing strategies/methodologies that can be applied in websites and web application testing.
- Comprehends the full scope of a web application or website to develop applicable and comprehensive testing procedures.
- Applies appropriate test methodologies including writing test plans, test cases, conduct manual tests.
- Provides feedback on cause and effect of bugs and errors in a given test situation.
- Provides clear and concise feedback on bugs, usability and other test findings/results.
- Implements a work-flow standard for the full project life-cycle.
- Distinguishes between user error and actual application bugs.
- Defines project expectations and timelines for deliverables to fellow team members.
- Monitors and maintains lab machines regularly with software updates and upgrades.
- Identify and advocate QA testing standards and processes.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Primary role as manual tester (some automation)
Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
read and (and preferably write) basic automation code
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously and efficiently
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills- strong documentation skills
- Ability to hold self and others accountable for results in a respectful and constructive manner
- Knowledge of testing tools (like Selenium, QTP, other) preferred but not required)
- Experience with devices (iPhone, iPad, android etc.) preferred.
- Experience with defect tracking systems preferred.
- Basic HTML, CSS, coding knowledge preferred.
- Technical certification in a computer or web related field; or, equivalent work experience.
- 1-2 years of demonstrated QA skills such as test planning, writing test specifications, ad hoc and planned test execution, bug isolation, troubleshooting and bug reporting.
- Working knowledge of web design and web programming preferred.
- Demonstrated experience with Windows operating systems, MAC and Mobile devices.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Fluency in Japanese great to have(not required)
- Ability to use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Ability to analyze needs and product requirements to provide solutions.
- Ability to identify measures or indicators of system performance and the actions needed to improve or correct performance, relative to the goals of the system.
- Ability to manage own time and work effectively with other team members.
Rate: $17-19 per hour
(No Corp to Corp or visa sponsorship at this time)
Duration: 1 year – extendable to 5
Location: Reston, VA / Lakewood – CO
Start Date: November 1, 2018
- Performance testing for all SAP Application components in the landscape
- Provide support using and administering automated test tools including HP’s WinRunner, Unified Functional Testing (QuickTest Professional), and LoadRunner
- Develop and execute stress and volume test plans
- Develop and perform automated functional tests to support Integration testing and system stress and volume tests
- Analyze and investigate data integrity issues
- Work with the integration team on the configuration of the test environment
- Develop and perform validations on stress and volume testing results and automated functional testing results
- Develop testing schedules and monitor progress against the schedules
- Report testing progress and results to testing and technical management teams
- Support resolution of stress and volume testing defects
- At least 5 years of experience in building and maintaining automated testing infrastructure.
- Developing and updating stress and volume testing scenarios and business process in-scope to meet the data volumes
- Experience updating and maintaining stress and volume scripts for SAP ECC, BusinessObjects, GRC, Tableau and BW.
- Expertise in HP’s WinRunner, Unified Functional Testing (QuickTest Professional), and LoadRunner tools.
- Knowledge of and experience in test data creation and business process testing;
- Knowledge of and experience in testing automation and test scripts creation;
- Experience with deep knowledge of SAP specific stress and volume testing.
- Good communication skills, teamwork and ability to multi-task in a high-pressure environment
- Expertise in Compusearch’s federal acquisition software (PRISM) will be good to have
Amick Brown is always looking for highly skilled professionals to join our growing team. When considering candidates, we take into account your goals and interests as well as your skills, talents, and experience. We know it’s important to be able to advance in any position, which is why we work carefully with you to develop your career plans and then set you up to achieve your goals. We strongly believe that our success is due to the outstanding talent and dedication of our employees and consultants, and in return, we hope to give you the opportunity to experience a great career with us.
Regular full-time employees are eligible for the following Amick Brown provided benefits:
- 401k with company match
- Paid time off
- Sick Leave
- Short-Term Disability
- Life Insurance
Mid Level Technical Analyst / IT Tester
Looking for a Mid-Level Technical Analyst/Tester to support our client by performing Independent Verification and Validation (IV&V) of various types of systems and applications, including custom software as well as commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) products. IV&V activities consist of documentation review, process assessment, and independent testing. The Mid-level Tester will be primarily responsible for reviewing requirements/user stories, designing and executing test cases/scripts and documenting test results. Testing assignments will include preparing for and performing functional testing. The ideal candidate will be a professional, energetic, motivated self-starter that is able to work independently as well as in a collaborative team environment. Additionally, the candidate must be a team player who is able to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment. Must be willing to work on site in DC metropolitan area on a regularly basis.
What you’ll do
- Performs independent verification and validation for assigned projects
- Review and analyze technical artifacts and report findings
- Research industry best practices or regulatory requirements
- Supports the development and delivery of IV&V deliverables (test plan, test cases, mapping documents, reports, etc.)
- Proficient in manual testing
- Excellent plus: experience with automated regression, performance and load testing
- Excellent plus: Momentum financial experience
- Supports project manager with planning and scheduling activities and risk identification/mitigation.
- If necessary, supports IV&V integration with DevOps and leads the automated/load testing
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other technical disciplines
- Must have excellent communication skills both oral and written
- Must be able to communicate clearly with cross-functional teams
- Familiarity with IEEE, INCOSE, CMMI standards
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- 5-7 years of proven software testing experience
- 5-7 years of hands-on functional testing experience that includes:
- Test case development and execution
- Defects Identification and ability to follow client defect lifecycle
- Knowledge of RTM
- Daily test status and tracking reporting to team lead
- Ability to adapt quickly in a rapidly changing dynamic environment.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task across numerous work streams
- Detail oriented with excellent follow through.
- Must be able to obtain Public Trust clearance
Selenium QA Tester
Contract Length: 6-Months
Job ID: 11615391
At Parallon Technology Solutions (PTS), we serve and enable those who care for and improve human life in their communities. Visit our website to learn more about us!
Parallon Technology Solutions is seeking an Automated Testing Engineer (Strong Selenium/C# background) to join our team in Brentwood, TN.
- Perform duties related to a hybrid automation testing role and development role.
- Specialize in Selenium with an ability to work in the Quality Assurance group with a development background, preferably in C# using automated testing tools.
- Use Selenium for development aspects of the role.
- Possess testing experience specifically in automated testing to perform testing responsibilities on a regular basis.
- Candidate will be allowed to work remotely 2 days a week.
- 3-5 years of related experience required.
- Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- Selenium development experience is highly preferred.
- Previous testing experience is required.
- Previous development and testing experience required.
- C# experience preferred.
QA Tester - Must Be US Citizen.
QA Tester is an integral member of the product development and delivery team. He/She will collaborate with Business Analysts, Infrastructure Engineers, Developers, Support Analysts and fellow QA Analysts to define and execute test cases and test plans of institutional trading systems. This includes testing of new releases, features, hardware upgrades, and liaising with team members to test functionality according to specifications and standards as well as resolve issues.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
QA Analyst is responsible for ensuring test cases and plans are comprehensive and complete, and issues tracked and reported. He/She should be able to take an analytical approach to testing – understand business processes (front-to-back) and the testing required to support system changes and implementation of any new functionality.
· Manage the full testing life-cycle including getting, compiling, deploying and testing code
· Involvement in various phases of testing including system, unit, and regression testing in Linux and Windows environments
· conduct manual testing
· Document, track, and communicate test plans
· Execute test scripts, analyze test results and identify unresolved issues
· Establish benchmarks for program response times
· Identify required testing efforts and provide testing estimates
· Install, maintain, and use testing software programs to conduct compatibility tests (including hardware, operating systems, and network environments, etc.)
1+ years of QA testing Manual.
1+ years Rational
1+ years Windows testing environment
CFR Rewrite project’s main objective is to convert a disconnected desktop application in to a Web based that’s connected to a central database.
Daily Tasks will include but are not limited to the following:
1. Develop and maintain automated regression tests using QTP (Quick Test Professional) and UFT (Unified Functional Testing) software for multiple applications using frameworks such as Open2Test
2. Work with business analyst and other developers as a team.
3. Working with BA & developer prepare test plans to make sure that developed module meets functional & non-functional requirements.
4. Testing various financial application Manually or/and using automation testing tools carrying out the Integration, Regression, System Testing and Ad-Hoc testing.
5. Comply with project plans and organization standards.
6. Help integrate software modules into a fully functional solution and do integration testing.
7. Participate in multi-agency technical meetings and work sessions.
|1.||84 Months Demonstrated work experience creating, maintaining, and running regression/automation tests using UFT (Unified Functional Testing) and QTP (Quick Test Professional) or other testing tool using Open2Test framework.||#of months||16|
|2.||60 Months Demonstrated experience doing Quality Assurance and usability testing and analysis.||#of months||16|
|3.||60 Months Demonstrated experience working with VBScript writing test scripts.||#of months||16|
|4.||48 Months Demonstrated work experience creating testing documents for User Acceptance testing.||#of months||12|
|5.||48 months Demonstrated experience creating on-line help using Robohelp or another tool.||#of months||8|
|6.||24 Months Demonstrated experience working with government financial data.||#of months||8|
|7.||24 Months Demonstrated experience using Team Foundation Server.||#of months||4|
6+ Months contract
Locals / Need to attend In- Person interview.
Qualified candidate should have a Bachelor's degree (BA/BS) in a related degree or 3-5+ years of relevant work experience. Previous experience with Test Automation including development of test scripts and Agile software development preferred.
C2C Candidate are OK on this role
For immediate consideration please submit your resume in Word format, along with daytime contact information.
Established in 2000, Atrilogy Solutions Group, Inc. provides organizations of all sizes with high-quality, cost effective information technology (IT) and business process consulting & staffing services. Our industry-leading service model combines experienced project managers with seasoned technical and functional consultants to eliminate client uncertainty and deliver superior value and results.
Clients turn to Atrilogy for expertise in:
• IT staffing and placement (Project Managers, Agile/Scrum Masters, Business Analysts, DBA’s, Software Engineers, Mobile Developers (iOS, Android), DevOps, Automation, QA, Systems & Network Engineers, Cyber Security / Information Security Specialists)
• All major ERP & CRM packages (including Oracle, Workday, PeopleSoft, JD Edwards, Lawson, SAP, Dynamics AX, Salesforce, Microsoft CRM, NetSuite)
• Business Intelligence, Data Warehousing, and Big Data Integration
• Creative (Interactive Project Manager/Art Director, Information Architect, UI/UX Designer, Web/Graphic Design)
Atrilogy has been recognized by Inc. magazine as one of the nation’s fastest-growing, privately-held companies. Headquartered in Irvine, California, Atrilogy also has offices in Denver, Phoenix, Atlanta, and Dallas with satellite offices in Boston, Jersey City, Las Vegas, Seattle, and Delhi, India.
Atrilogy Solutions Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
Penetration Tester / Red Team
- As an experienced professional, provide advice to client management with regard to moderately complex security issues. Assists in the review, development, testing and implementation of security plans, products and control techniques.
- Coordinates the reporting data security incidents. Provides technical support to the client and management and staff in risk assessments and implementation of appropriate data security procedures and products.
- Monitors existing and proposed security standard setting groups. State and Federal legislation and regulations.
- Identifies and escalates changes that will affect information security policy, standards and procedures.
- Executes security controls to prevent hackers from infiltrating company information or jeopardizing e-commerce programs.
- Researches attempted efforts to compromise security protocols. Administers security policies to control access to systems and maintains the company firewall.
- Works on complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of various factors.
- Exercises judgment within broadly defined practices and policies in selecting methods, techniques, and evaluation criterion for obtaining results.
- Work leadership may be provided by assigning work and resolving problems.
- Must have a strong Red Team Penetration Testing background
- Must have experience and be very proficient with the common tools associated with penetration testing (Metasploit, Burp Suite, Cobalt Strike, etc)
- Must have a solid understanding of voice and data networks, major operating systems, active directory, and their associated peripherals
- Must demonstrate knowledge of tactics, techniques, and procedures associated with malicious insider activity, organized crime/fraud groups and both state and non-state sponsored threat actors.
- Must be able to critically examine an organization and system through the perspective of a threat actor and articulate risk in clear, precise terms.
- Must be able to both work independently as well as effectively work in teams with individuals with a variety of skills and backgrounds
- Ability to effectively code in a scripting language (Python, Perl, etc)
- Desirable certifications: OSCP, GPEN, OSCE
- Previous experience working in the financial industry
- Typically 5-7 years of IT experience.
Functional Tester With API Automation Knowledge(Soap UI & Groovy)
We currently have the below urgent requirement with our direct client. If you are fine with the JD pls revert with updated resume and rate to firstname.lastname@example.org
Role: Functional Testers with API Automation knowledge (SOAP UI & Groovy)
Location: Lake Oswego, OR
Start date: ASAP
· REST/SOAP Webservices automation
· Agile/Scrum team experience
· Java or Groovy
· Jenkins/Go-CD Pipelines knowledge
· SQL DB
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!