Machine Try Out Setter Job Description Sample
About Continental With sales of €39.2 billion in 2015, Continental is among the leading automotive suppliers worldwide and currently employs more than 215,000 employees in 55 countries. The Chassis & Safety division develops and produces integrated active and passive driving safety technologies as well as products that support vehicle dynamics.
The product portfolio ranges from electronic and hydraulic brake and chassis control systems to sensors, advanced driver assistance systems, airbag electronics and sensorics as well as electronic air suspension systems all the way to windscreen washer systems and headlight cleaning nozzles. The focus lies on a high level of system competence and the networking of individual components. Thus products and system functions are developed along the SensePlanAct chain of effects.
They form the foundation for automated driving. Chassis & Safety employs more than 40,000 people worldwide and generated sales of approximately €8.4 billion in 2015.
Auto req ID 70566BR
Job Description Reporting directly to the shift supervisor, responsible for the overall quality and production output of dedicated machines. Act as “Cell Lead”, providing direction and training to machine operator as needed. • Conduct “preflight” checklist items at beginning of each shift to have machine at maximum efficiency to include: Check fluids and maintain fills as needed Inspects all fixtures and datums at beginning of shift and make repairs as needed Perform Quality checks per established Control Plan at beginning of each shift monitor gauges for calibration. Analyzes results of CMM reports and reacts accordingly (using proper understanding of machine tooling), up to and including radius comps and tool monitoring systems. Use DataPage to Analyze SPC data from CMM reports and reacts accordingly Ensure correct materials is staged and ready Ensure 5S standards for each machine are met and maintained • Conducts tool changes, evaluates tooling wear or breakage issues, stages tools for upcoming tool changes per specified instruction and periodically reviews information with engineering. Confirms tooling instructions remain current. • Coordinates product flow to and from machines, communicates with material handlers regarding upcoming changeovers and monitors material characteristics (rust, correct labeling, etc.) • Approves completed production quantity as described by Inspection Plan • Conducts machine/product changeovers with assistance of operator as requested • Responsible to troubleshoot and repair minor mechanical and automation issues to assigned machines including the change of coolant filters. Issues work orders into Maintenance System for repairs beyond scope of Setter. • Become involved in Preventive Maintenance activities by monitoring fluids and lubricant usage levels, detecting leaks or breaks to equipment. Support maintenance as requested. • Evaluate and dispositions all scrap at end of shift. • Compliance to all Continental and Henderson plant permits, policies and procedures including, but not limited to, environmental, health, safety, security, ISO 14001 and Environmental Management systems, TS 16949 and Quality Management Systems, Human Resources policies, and Continental Business System elements. • Verify all safety devices are in place and remain in place, are operational. Inspects work areas for potential safety hazards. • Immediately communicates production nonconformances to Supervisor and Quality representative. Actively engage in 8D problem solving teams to resolve customer issues. Ensures conformance to all Quality procedures, alerts and operator instructions remain current. High School Diploma or GED required Minimum bronze level CRC (Career Readiness Certificate) required Technical Diploma (1 year) preferred Associates Degree work in related field also preferred. 35 Years General Machining Experience Knowledge of hydraulics and pneumatics Knowledge of machining processes, gauging Ability to read and understand mechanical blueprints Understands principles, concepts and application of SPC reporting Knowledge of cutting tools, their application and tool wear Understanding Quality procedures and approved processes Ability to interpret and react to CMM results Knowledge of CNC machining and understanding of programs and offsets or basic metrology understanding Basic mechanical troubleshooting ability Effective communication skills Ability and willingness to lead and train others in systematic manner Must have good personal organization skills Good basic computer skills, able to maneuver within office software systems and maintain charts, correspondence, etc. Forklift Certification (as required)
Job Requirements High School Diploma or GED required Minimum bronze level CRC (Career Readiness Certificate) required Technical Diploma (1 year) preferred Associates Degree work in related field also preferred. 35 Years General Machining Experience Knowledge of hydraulics and pneumatics Knowledge of machining processes, gauging Ability to read and understand mechanical blueprints Understands principles, concepts and application of SPC reporting Knowledge of cutting tools, their application and tool wear Understanding Quality procedures and approved processes Ability to interpret and react to CMM results Knowledge of CNC machining and understanding of programs and offsets or basic metrology understanding Basic mechanical troubleshooting ability Effective communication skills Ability and willingness to lead and train others in systematic manner Must have good personal organization skills Good basic computer skills, able to maneuver within office software systems and maintain charts, correspondence, etc. Forklift Certification (as required)
EEO Statement EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply.
If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to North.America.Recruiting@continental-corporation.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.209.4000.
Division Footer Text Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
Machine Setter Operator
Machine Setter Operator
salary:$11.40 - $17.10 per hour
date posted:Tuesday, February 13, 2018
job type:Temp to Perm
Must know and follow work place instructions, DCP's and reaction plans. Train employees on the following and certify/document according to procedures (this list is not exhaustive): Gaging PLEX (traceability) and reinforcement of behaviors Safety procedures Able to operate all equipment to standard Must be able to perform the required daily PM's associated with the line. Interpret blueprints and use conventional measuring instruments.
Must be able to secure parts from the tool crib and report items taken per procedures. Monitor Work in Process (WIP) within Cell Follow process controls Responsible for ensuring product conforms to quality standards and must do the following(this list is not exhaustive): Maintain SPC records/checklists as specified and perform SPC charting as required. Maintain process documentation relating to quality and productivity.
Understand, comply and complete our internal audit system; Daily Quality and Layered Quality Audits Identify and record Quality issues (NCR's and CAPA's) Must be able to make adjustments to the equipment as necessary to ensure parts meet all quality checks. Must be able to perform all quality checks (including test lab checks) to ensure parts meet customer requirements. Reinforce 5S (housekeeping) behaviors.
Analyze and classify scrap daily by shift. Understand what tooling is being consumed and react to abnormalities. Repair and troubleshoot equipment.
Inventory accuracy at the cell level. Manage cycle counting. Troubleshoot PLEX issues and fix mistakes.
Working hours: M-F: 7:00AM-3:00PM
Listed are examples of machines to Set-up and operate:
Auto-gages, Assembly Machines, Bearing Machines, CNC Lathes, Broaches, Drillers, Rotary Tables, CNC Machining Centers, Vaills, Force to slide machines, Various testlab machines, CNC Spline Roller Machine Experience and Education Requirements High School Diploma or GED. Reading, writing and mathematical level necessary to competently perform job duties. Experience with adjustable gages and written technical data. 1-3 years machine operation experience.
Must have a mechanical background and able to use hand tools. Competencies - Knowledge, skills and characteristics/behaviors Attention to detail Initiative Model cooperation and teamwork Randstad is a world leader in matching great people with great companies. Our experienced agents will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company.
Whether you're looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, no one works harder for you than Randstad. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.
Press Brake Setter Operator
- Setup and document tooling for Amada Brake Presses
- Verify accuracy of machine settings to meet specified tolerances
- Completes all required safety procedures prior to and during operations
- Communicate with management, quality, and other shop personnel for assignments
- Must be able to work from drawings
- Operators will be required to maintain cleanliness of machine and work area
- May perform other duties/tasks required by management
Production Setter - Injection Molding
The Production Setter will be responsible for systematic problem solving and troubleshooting of molding and assembly equipment using strong mechanical ability, effective communication skills and demonstration of leadership skills.
Setup & Preventative Responsibilities
- Start-up and shutdown of molding and assembly equipment in accordance with procedures.
- Changes molds and assembly equipment in accordance with the production schedule (KANBAN System).
- Changes molds/assembly equipment to provide consistent part quality protecting company assets.
- Documents all molding/assembly setup and supports recording of downtime.
- Prepares molds and/or fixtures for storage at the completion of a production run.
- Notifies Manufacturing Supervisor and/or Maintenance of downtime issues.
- Tags tools/fixtures according to the tool repair and maintenance work order procedure.
- Keeps the Manufacturing Supervisor advised of recurring problems existing in the production area
Systematic Problem Solving and Troubleshooting
- Troubleshoots process-related concerns while adhering to setup documentation to maintain consistent quality and production requirements.
- Identify product or process defects in molding and assembly.
- Performs duties as an Operator, Material Handler or back-up Manufacturing Supervisor when requested by Maintenance Engineer or Manufacturing Supervisor.
- Provides and assists in giving direction to production employees in regards to work assignments.
- Practices good housekeeping techniques in keeping all areas of responsibility clean, organized, safe and hazard free.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High School diploma or equivalent preferably with vocational education training in skilled trades or other related discipline;
- 2-4 years of experience working with injection molding machine set-up and processing;
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office software.
- Must complete New Employee Orientation and Quality Systems Overview training in addition to any training identified by department management.
- Must have the ability to conduct root cause analysis and present alternative solutions and make repairs and/or adjustments to correct problems.
- Ability to make informed decisions to satisfy internal and external customers.
Bilingual Appointment Setter
Growing 27 year old industrial service company is seeking an entry-level sales support position with heavy cold calling and prospecting.
The position is responsible for developing business prospects and setting appointments for outside sales reps.
- High volumes of daily outbound/cold calls
- Discover, develop and qualify business prospects
- Set appointments for outside sales reps
- Bilingual/Spanish - must be fluent in English and Spanish
- Excellent communication and phone skills
- Ability to pass pre-employment drug test & criminal background screen
- Dependable transportation, attendance and punctuality
Excellent work environment with full health, vision, dental life and retirement benefits plus paid holidays and time off.
Must live within 25 miles to Framers Branch Tx
Hours: M-F 8:00AM-5:00PM
Compensation starts at $12-14/hour
Our mission is to help keep our clients equipment and lines running smoothly and back to OEM specifications. We hire only the most experienced technicians in the field today to work on repairs. With four locations across the United States: AZ, GA, IL, and TX, we are continuing to expand our growth in staff, services, and locations. We have territory drivers and sales reps throughout the United Stats that can pick up your broken equipment or one of our reps can be scheduled to come in for a consultation.
We have the ability to service and repair most manufacturers and models. We specifically specialize in old and obsolete equipment. The primary markets we serve extend to industries such as food processing plants, plastic, steel, textiles, paper printing, automotive, glass, furniture, wood, tobacco, metal, wind power, rubber, leather, chemicals, refineries, and water treatment facilities.
We offer free pick-ups, no evaluation fees, and flat-rate quotes. We typically run about half the cost of new on repairs. All of our repairs are backed by an In-Service Warranty that extends to the entire unit and not just the parts we repaired or replaced. Our warranty starts when you plug your equipment back into your machine and not when it's sent back to you like other repair companies
Our warranty, knowledgeable staff, techs, and excellent customer service, are just some of the reasons as to what truly sets us above our competitors.
AMES is a Powder Metal Manufacturer specializing in the Automotive market. We are currently looking for a Die Setter. This position will learn the craft of setting up and disassembling our proprietary tooling and dies. You are the right candidate if you enjoy being challenged regularly and love the thrill of finding a problem and finding a solution. You will have the opportunity to work together with our Die Setting team.
Our ideal candidate will have:
Will be able to use math to solve problems related to machinery and the placement of the dies and tools
Mechanical aptitude or a desire to learn how machines operate
Ability to work in a collaborative team environment
Die Setter or Machine Set-up experience, preferable for 2-5 years
If you are looking to join an international company with a local footprint within the heart of Lancaster County than look no further than Ames Reese. If this sounds like a good fit for you, apply today!
We are an independent company, both financially and technologically, with 100% spanish capital. Our production plants are located in Spain, Hungary, USA and China. We have a worldwide sales and technical assistance network, providing service to more than 600 customers in over 50 countries.
Leatherman Tool Group, Inc. is seeking a Die Setter for our world headquarters located in Portland, Oregon. Leatherman is the world leader in the design and manufacturer of innovative, high quality, compact, multi-purpose tools. We employ over 500 Team Members in our 90,000 square feet facility. Visit our website at: www.leatherman.com
The successful candidate for the Die Setter will maintain and provide continuous improvement of existing processes to achieve departmental KPI goals. Actively involved with maintaining process control, product flow, and troubleshooting maintenance and product quality issues on equipment. Will continually assist with set ups and coil changes.
The ideal candidate must be able to:
Maintain quality capability of processes and troubleshoot issues that involve quality, equipment set up, technical issues, etc.
Problem solve to determine root cause and partner with engineering and other departments to implement solutions.
Operate, set up and change over punch presses meeting manufacturing run rates and quality standards on an as needed basis.
Perform machine crash investigation in conjunction with manufacturing engineering.
Modify programs on equipment for new and existing manufacturing processes to obtain optimal production levels.
Adjust and modify tool settings on equipment due to wear, breakage, or quality issues.
Participate in/Lead the development of manufacturing procedures and processes, and documentation of work instructions.
Is expected to effectively operate all equipment in the area.
Assist with process validation on new and existing machinery.
Train and certify others on work instructions, standard work, and processes. Work to develop employee skills in areas including quality inspection; proper operation, set up, troubleshooting, and repair of equipment; and required paperwork.
Work closely with Manufacturing Engineering in problem solving, crash prevention, quick changeover, and overall equipment effectiveness (OEE).
Manage process tooling inventory, request replacements if necessary.
Participate in Lean projects.
Assist in selection of new equipment and establishing of routers during NPD.
Assist leaders in determining disposition of discrepant material.
Fabricate simple tools and fixtures required for implementation and continuous improvement of processes.
High School diploma or GED required.
Two years formal technical training and three year’s work experience in manufacturing environment or eight years technical job experience required.
Basic knowledge of Lean Manufacturing principles.
Ability to read, comprehend and write English at a level to effectively utilize and interpret MSDS’s, work instructions, technical manuals, OHSA and Federal standards.
Ability to effectively utilize intermediate shop math and intermediate computer skills.
In depth knowledge of blueprint reading required.
Intermediate knowledge of Statistical Process Control (SPC) and intermediate problem solving skills required.
Intermediate mechanical knowledge required. Must be familiar with and able to set up and change over various types of equipment.
Ability to use and understand measuring devices such as micrometers, calipers and comparators.
Excellent skills in interpersonal relationships, communication and teamwork. Possess strong written and oral communication skills.
Work independently and possess a high level of self-motivation and initiative.
Effectively prioritize and follow through on assignments and projects.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is continually required to stand; walk; balance; crouch, stoop, twist, kneel, use hands to finger, handle, grasp, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms, some overhead’ push/pull an average of 50 lbs. (maximum 125 lbs.) . The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 50 lbs.; climb; twist, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception. Employee will occasionally operate forklift and various lifts/hoists.
To Apply: At Leatherman, we are also interested in how you think, behave and integrate. With this in mind, please give extra consideration and time to each question when you apply thru our online applicant module. You will want to allow yourself 20-30 minutes, we do consider this a key part of our selection process. Please attach a resume and watch your email for upcoming communication(s) and information.
Excellent Benefit Package: Competitive Compensation, Bonus Plan with Performance Multiplier, 401k Employer Match up to 5%, Medical, Dental, Life Insurance, Award Winning Wellness Program, PTO, 10 Paid Holidays, Opportunities for Career Advancement and Personal Growth with Educational Reimbursement Program, Employee Assistance Program and Employee Discount on Products. Come be part of the Leatherman Team. Leave nothing undone . . . . Including your career!
Core Values: We thrill our consumers with quality, products and service; We care about each other’s well-being; We share ideas, challenge each other and do the right thing; We respect each other, show humility and grow from our failures; We foster the development of individuals to reach their greatest potential
Pre-employment background check, drug and alcohol screening is required. Equal Opportunity Employer.
After spending his childhood in Oregon, Tim Leatherman stayed local and received his BS in Mechanical Engineering from Oregon State University. A low-budget, post-college trip abroad, which included many fix-it situations, convinced Tim of the need for a pliers based multi-purpose tool.
Once back home in the states, Tim set to work developing his idea. On July 5, 1983 Leatherman Tool Group, Inc. was officially incorporated based on a few simple principles: manufacture quality products that deliver excellent value to the consumer while providing good, living-wage jobs to the local workforce. More than thirty years later we are still going strong in the U.S., in our home town of Portland, Oregon.
Every multi-tool and knife we make is crafted by one of the 600 Oregonians who call Leatherman a great place to work, and we stand behind our products with a no-questions-asked 25 year warranty. When asked about the company's devotion to quality, Tim always replies, it has to be perfect; my name is on every tool.
We are proud to live and work in the USA and it shows in every original multi-tool and knife we make. Leatherman. Leave nothing undone.
Press Brake Setter Operator
DESCRIBE THE BROAD FUNCTION AND SCOPE OF THE POSITION:
Sets up and operates the CNC Bending equipment.
DESCRIBE THE PRINCIPAL DUTIES OF THE POSITION IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE AND FREQUENCY:
· Performs the set up on all the CNC brakes, which involves the use of a print and a tool/die in conjunction with the stroke.
· Checks all jobs against the blueprints to ensure that they are being done correctly.
· Conducts the first piece inspection of all the set-ups and a routine check of the operations.
· Operates the machine.
· Trains and instructs the press brake operators in the proper sequence of running the parts.
· Organizes all the tooling and consults with the Press Brake Team Leader for maintenance or new tooling that is required.
· Prints the blueprints that are necessary for the operation.
· Plans ahead to ensure the next job is set up prior to the completion of the existing job.
· Performs routine set-up and troubleshooting
· Maintains the machine tooling by routinely cleaning and checking the tools.
· Communicates with the Team Leader and the Set-up about any problems, and the priority of setting up the next job.
· Conducts basic quality checks within the parameters of the position.
· Manually places the material on the equipment and operates the machine to manufacture parts within the tolerance prescribed on blueprints.
· Makes routine adjustments, up to and including tools at time to assure parts are within tolerance.
· Must check parts to print using proper QC measuring equipment.
· Work closely and notify Team Leader when any parts consistently fall outside of the tolerance.
· Load/unload machines and may check basic cross-reference information to assure correct part is being processed.
· Perform any lower level duties such as filing, sanding, and light repetitive assembly.
· Works on the most simple and repetitive jobs with minimal chance of high value errors.
· Works responsibly and efficiently, adhering to all safety rules and policies.
· Ensures proper labor reporting.
· Assures that basic quality checks are performed at specific intervals on machine parts.
· Maintain good housekeeping practices, and perform in a safe and effective manner so as not to inflict injury to self or others
· Inform area management of any hazardous situations in the work environment
· Perform any other duties required by the Fabrication manager to ensure realization of departmental and corporate goals.
High School Diploma or G.E.D. preferred
YEARS OF EXPERIENCE:
Minimum of 2 years Fabrication experience or at least 1 year as a Level 1 Machine Operator
For nearly 20 years, JCS has provided exceptional customer service to both employers and job seekers.
During this time, JCS has expanded into multiple divisions, maximizing our ability to reach our clients' expectations like no other staffing agency can. Our services have provided opportunities for those seeking not only temporary work but permanent work as well.
Mold Setter Technician - ALL Shifts
POSITION SUMMARY: Plans, directs, and coordinates manufacturing equipment and processes to produce high quality plastic injection molded product. While monitoring the effectiveness of processes, this individual quantifies results, documents, and changes corrections. This position also mentors and provides training to other injection molding personnel.
- Operate powered mobile equipment per company standards. Maintain production, maintenance, deviations and other required records and logs, as instructed.
- Monitors, assists, and troubleshoots existing processes designed to improve product quality, productivity, and overall equipment efficiency.
- Provide technical support to operators and other molding personnel.
- Working from sample parts or instruction, set up and operate standard or specialized machine tools and accessory control devices to make a wide variety of parts.
- Responsible for following 1st piece procedure.
- Process molding machine, making minor changes to process to insure the quality of all products.
- Make necessary equipment changeovers.
- Observe specific parts of equipment and materials in process to determine or analyze the cause of machine malfunctions. Repair and/or make any necessary adjustments to equipment to obtain desired operating results.
- Monitor and report issues with injection molds, make recommendations for refurbishment based on production factors such as cycle count, process capability and tooling history.
- Provide input and obtain information to and from data terminal, etc. Perform preventive TPM and periodic checks on assigned equipment as instructed. Move or assist to move any equipment as directed. Assist other trades persons as assigned.
- Modify existing robot programs to handle parts without causing damage to the equipment or parts.
- Operate overhead crane, change molds and set-up machine for production.
- Provide ownership and input of injection molding process and equipment for the reduction of defects, overall process improvement, and/or the reduction of downtime.
- Participate in continuing education opportunities offered by the company.
- Must complete and maintain ISO competencies for department
- Facilitate and support facility and manufacturing safety, environmental and ergonomics efforts.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 2+ years’ experience in Injection Mold set up, mold changes, first piece inspection/try out, troubleshoot defects, debug etc.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Must be able to differentiate between customer production and service requirements. In addition must be able to cross reference between customer and PSIMP’s part numbers and descriptions.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and to talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The employee must frequently lift and/or move objects up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move objects up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include: close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works near moving and/or high temperature mechanical equipment and parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate; infrequently, loud.
SAFETY: All employees are expected to set the highest level of safety expectation in their work, display the highest level of safe behavior, actively participate in PSIMP’s safety program, and adhere to all safety rules and regulations. Employee Health & Safety is a part of our company culture and participation is required for all employees.
We take pride in being recognized for our attention to detail and personal service that ensures our customers are supplied with the highest quality products and services in the industry. PSIMP serves many markets including:
Medical & Diagnostic Equipment
Water & Waste Management
Leisure & Recreation
Injection Mold Setter
Cobra Plastics, Inc. is looking to add experienced Injection Mold Setters to our team in Macedonia, OH.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a growing company with state of the art equipment and facilities, where employees are valued, involved and empowered.
Perform mold and tool changes as production schedule requires
Perform/assist with color and material changes
Maintain clean and organized mold storage and work areas
Assist with keeping machine color hoppers full
Help break machine operators
Other duties as assigned
Ability to work 2nd shift
1 to 3 years experience setting plastic injection molds
1 to 3 years experience performing tooling changes (desired)
Ability to safely use overhead crane and rigging equipment
Must have own tools
Competitive pay, commensurate with experience
Outstanding comprehensive benefits package
Please apply in person or submit resume and salary requirements for consideration.
No agencies or recruiters please
Equal Opportunity Employer
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!