Machining And Assembly Supervisor Job Description Sample
- OCCUPATIONAL SUMMARY:Supervises assembly operations to ensure optimal performance of the assembly department or work cell. Manages production schedules, manpower allocation, cost and safety standards. Ensure quality standards, employee training and high employee morale in the assembly department.
- DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintains an optimum flow of production through the department or work cell.
- Actively promotes safety in all aspects in the department or work cell.
- Provides training to all employees and ensures each one understands his or her job responsibilities. Cross-trains employees for added efficiency.
- Develops and maintains strong positive communications and working relations with all employees. Ensures all complaints and pre-grievances are thoroughly handled with each employee.
- Supervises labor and material to maintain a positive variance against hazards.
- Actively involves all employees in taking corrective action to achieve high levels of product quality to meet and exceed quality standards.
- Creates an atmosphere for development of new concepts, ideas and methods to support continuous improvement in the department or work cell.
- Maintains a high quality of workmanship and assumes responsibility for work performed in assigned duties.
- Responsible for accurate timekeeping records of employee’s.
- Responsible for implementation or continuous improvements upon Lean Manufacturing.
- Responsible for adherence to FAA and OSHA requirements.
- Responsible for updating communication boards, employee cross-training matrices, and other relevant information for the assigned area.
- May perform other duties as required.3) QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
- Knowledge and skills:Must have knowledge of MRP systems, scheduling, and blueprints. Must have the ability to direct and motivate other employees. Must have knowledge of bargaining agreement or willingness to learn. Must be computer literate. MAPICS experience preferred.
- Education and/or Experience: High school diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering, or related field preferred. At least three years of experience in production a production environment. Two years of prior lead or supervisory experience preferred.
Must have the ability to generate written communication and to operate required office equipment. Ability to read and review written communication. Speech and hearing abilities that allow individual to communicate clearly and distinctly in English.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to think strategically and solve problems.
If you are applying for a job in the United States and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email our Human Resources Department at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
Apply/View Full Description - Select North Texas LEAD as Application Referral Source
Machining Development Engineer
The Machining Devevelopment Engineer will join a growing team of Engineering and Health & Safety professionals helping our customers reduce their work-related risk to quality, productivity and employee health.
Successful candidates will have the following attributes:
- Experience in automotive vehicle development and production launch, powertrain products and major powertrain components, and commercial vehicles
- Understanding of pre-launch planning for automotive product implementation
- Working knowledge of material handling / logistics planning methodologies
- Self-starter with excellent communication skills, good organizational skills and a detail-oriented team player approach
- Review of new or revised product designs and identify production requirements. Suggest product design modifications where applicable. Make tooling and fixture recommendations including budget estimates as part of the review process
- Assist in integrating equipment, systems, materials, facilities, and processes into a cohesive, cost efficient and production manufacturing system
- Research vendor sources, request quotations, select vendors, set due date, issue requisitions (coordinate with Purchasing), schedule tryouts, and approve tooling
- Qualification of new/existing machining and assembly equipment according to established quality standards
- Evaluate current machining and assembly processes for improvement opportunities. Recommend process changes and coordinate the implementation of these changes
- Develop project plans and obtain management concurrence
- Lead teams with production, central tool processing, and maintenance, product engineering and quality department as well as with suppliers
- Interface with hourly and skilled trades workers
- Schedule time according to established job priorities. Monitor work progress and resolve problems in order to ensure timely completion of projects
- Strong focus on preparing/maintaining budgets and cost targets
- Keep current with technological developments in the industry
- Regular communication with the global Manufacturing Engineering team
- Provide management with regular reports on project work plans and status for information and resource management purposes
- Maintain a neat workplace and organized information files pertaining to project work assignments
- Assist in the installation of machines to the specifications provided by the tooling supplier and the assembly plant
- Support central tool processing department
- Provide analysis of quality data
- Create and maintain documentation in accordance with applicable ISO standards
- Ensure engineering practices comply with government regulations and safety standards
- Run daily communication meetings
- Execute special projects
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering, electrical engineering or related field
- Minimum 2-3 years of manufacturing experience
- Knowledge of different types of machining processes
- Knowledge of materials and methods of manufacture
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, high level of analytical and logical problem solving ability
- AutoCAD Knowledge
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- SPC & GD&T knowledge
- Legally authorized for work in the United States
- At least 2-3 years of machining experience
- Knowledge in cutting tool design and manufacturing
- Experience with Siemens Controls
- Project management or supervisory experience
- Understanding of Engines and Engine components
- Knowledge of Lean System Principles
- Experience with Production launches, assembly equipment and operations
- Knowledge of Quality / Stage Gate methodology
Please note: If a candidate is not a U.S. citizen, they must be able to become legally authorized for work in the United States. Sandalwood does not offer H-1B visa sponsorship. Verification of employment eligibility is required at time of hire.
Sandalwood is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Retirement Plan (401k)
- Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D)
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Training & Development
The Mechanical Assembly Technician will work under the direction of the group leader to accomplish routine tasks needed in producing battery assemblies for testing purposes. The technician performs standard operating procedures, or new standard operating procedures with supervision. Maintains process equipment according to standard operating procedures Keeps abreast of relevant process information, especially standard operating procedures. Edits/writes standard operating procedures as directed by the group leader. Lifting of approximately 50 pounds may be required.
- Operation of simple machinery under general supervision; Mechanical assembly that may require using hand tools.
- Perform machine and process setup to meet needs of specific work request
- The candidate must be able to interpret detailed mechanical drawings, utilize assembly instructions, and follow verbal instructions in an independent manner
- Performs or verifies calculations and measurements to insure that assemblies made maintain consistent high quality standards.
- Successful candidates will be both quality and detail oriented, be team oriented and flexible. They will possess good interpersonal skills, be proficient in written and verbal communication and be able to interface with co-workers and management.
The position requires attention to detail and strong mechanical aptitude. The successful candidate must exercise sound judgment and work independently or as a member of a small team. The successful candidate will be resourceful and have excellent interaction skills.
- High school diploma required with assembly experience preferred
- Demonstrated ability to perform various math calculations and use test / measuring devices
- Understanding of electrical and electrochemical principals is desired, but not required
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel) is required
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills are also needed
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction, and also as part of team
This is a salaried position and may require occasional weekend or evening hours to meet build and test schedules.
Machine Assembly Technician
Machine Assembly Technician
Cedar Falls, IA
Our equipment manufacturing client has an opening for a Machine Assembly Technician in the Cedar Falls, IA area. This opportunity is a first shift opportunity within the assembly department.
- Responsible for machine assembly of equipment.
- Diagnose technical problems and determine proper solutions.
- Manage all on-site repair, maintenance and related tasks.
- Follow all company’s procedures and protocols.
- Experience with heavy mechanical process equipment.
- Ability to troubleshoot, test and repair technical equipment.
- Must be able to read and understand work instructions and mechanical blueprints.
- Experience operating overhead cranes.
- Fork lift experience.
- Competitive Compensation and Benefits
- Paid Holidays and Vacations
- Medical and Dental Insurance
Machine Assembly Technician, Assembly Technician, Product Assembly, Machine Operator, Machine Technician, Tool Assembly Technician, Maintenance Technician
IBM Mainframe Developer - Assembly Language
Workstate seeks developers with 6+ years of experience in IBM Mainframe development. Of particular interest is experience with Assembly Language in contrast to FORTRAN, PL/I and other higher level languages. We are looking for both Senior and Lead roles in this area.
You will work in a close-knit team based environment that promotes quality, personal development, and work-life balance above short-term profit. This is aided by a clear path for advancement that results in low turn-over for greater continuity.
This position is with our Columbus, OH office. We are located across from the North Market and close to Short North and Downtown / Arena District lunch and entertainment options. We have a team lunch every Friday where we share what we've been working on throughout the week and discuss new technology, tools and techniques that excite us.
This position is only available to US residents based in the continental US who are eligible to work for any employer without need for visa sponsorship or transfer.
- Significant, long-term experience with IBM Mainframe development, with strong skills in assembler
- Comfort in the terminal for multiple flavors of Unix and/or Linux
- Bash scripting experience
- Experience with large scale, scheduled, batch processing
- Experience and exposure to some other technical areas, such as Java development, C development, data structures, etc.
- Experience with data formats, including relational, flat-file, possibly XML, JSON, etc.
- Experience writing and maintaining Enterprise-grade software
Nice to Have Experience
- DevOps, Ci/CD exposure
- Experience in Agile development environments
- Outstanding software development skills
- Testing / debugging
- Good written and verbal communication, including with non-technical people
- Ability and interest to learn new technologies on the fly, as they become needed
- The ability and interest to learn is one of our most desired attributes in a candidate. If you can demonstrate an aptitude to dig in up to your elbows and build experience in new technologies as you deliver projects utilizing those technologies successfully, your application will move to the top of the pile.
Who are you, Workstate?
Workstate is a technology consulting company, built by technologists, for technologists. Throughout our 20-year history we’ve been on a mission to create the best home for people who love to build. Who are we? We’re builders.
How we build.
At Workstate, building doesn’t just apply to technology.
We apply it to everything we do -- building relationships, skillsets, retirement accounts, technical knowledge, music collections, recipe files, dad joke collections, movie recommendations, travel logs, childhood toy recollections … and more. So much more. We build to last.
But, the technology...
No matter what we’re building, the technology forms the backbone of all our projects. We’re not purists, though. We choose the technology to fit the circumstance; we don’t force the circumstance into a preferred tech stack. We love to build, and we love to learn new ways to build. In any given project, you may find yourself working with:
- Full stack application frameworks like .NET, JEE, PHP MVC (Symfony, Laravel, Yii, &c.)
- Technologies for moving and analyzing data, such as Python, Hadoop, HBase, Spark, Kafka, RabbitMQ, clustered, and highly scalable systems.
- Native, serverless cloud solutions on any of the big three: AWS, Azure, and Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
- State of the art SDLC techniques utilizing CI/CD, build automation, orchestration tools, you name it.
A comprehensive list would be impossible. Containers? Got ‘em. Machine Learning? That pops up, too. And, so on.
We love building. We get to build all day at work. Therefore, we love coming to work. But we emphasize home, family and personal time as essential to overall well-being. This is reflected in our benefits:
- Health, Dental, Vision and Life insurance plans.
- 12 - 14 paid holiday days per year (includes most recognized federal holidays)
- 20 days of paid time off per year.
- Sick time as needed.
Are we for you?
We like it here, but we recognize we’re not for everyone. We’re not just here to write code. We’re here to build lasting relationships with delighted clients. This requires strong interpersonal skills, a collaborative mindset, organizational savvy, and a talent for circumventing and resolving conflict.
This is not to say that we expect everyone to have these skills fully developed upon hire. If the thought of developing and utilizing these skills is appealing, then we might be for you.
What else, what else, what else...
What else? Our headquarters is across the street from the historic North Market, at the intersection of the Short North and Downtown Columbus. We’re a five minute walk from Nationwide Arena. Oh, and we have free parking for all our employees, also available over the weekend and after hours.
We have a catered team lunch in our office every Friday where people working at a client site converge with people working in the office to reconnect, swap stories, and talk about what they’ve been doing.
We throw a pretty enjoyable, family-friendly, year end party. The past few years we’ve rented out a party tower at Nationwide Arena for a hockey game.
Electrical Assembly Technician
Ruhlamat America, located in Greer, SC is now hiring for Electrical Assembly Technicians!!
This position is responsible for the complete assembly of machinery products from component parts including PLC, HMI, robot, CNC system set-up, assembly and installation. Performs final inspection for quality, appearance and performance of completed machine for adherence to specifications from the customer order.
- Assembles and builds precision assemblies and sub-assemblies having close tolerance and critical operating requirements to completed packaging machine assembly from blueprints and machine orders.
- Performs machine building, including PLC, HMI, robot, CNC, servo system set-up, assembly, and installation.
- Performs machine installation including hardware and software of control systems
- Programs and troubleshoots PLCs, HMI, robots, servo systems and CNC equipment.
- Supports equipment start-up, commissioning, quality confirmation, and adjustment.
- Performs work on mechanical and electrical assembles.
- Selects and uses appropriate measuring instruments, electrical/electronic testing and inspection devices in machine checkout.
- Communicates with project team members, management and customers relative to successful project execution.
- Actively participates in all shop activities including housekeeping and general maintenance of shop tools and equipment
- Performs all other duties as assigned
- Technical diploma or associates degree in electrical automated systems OR High School Diploma and 5 years or more related experience required
Medical, Dental, Vision, Short Term Disability, Life, PTO, 401K (with match)
Hours: M-F 7:30am-3:30pm; weekend work and OT only as needed
Great Work/Life Balance!
Sticker Assembly 2Nd Shift
Company Overview / Position Summary:
Come be a part of CPI Card Group, the principal provider in payment card production and related services. From gas to groceries, these cards fuel the payment industry making it easy to purchase the fun and the necessities for your busy lives. Work within a state of the art facility with a variety of best-in-class machines that keep us focused on meeting our customers' needs and make everyday payments as easy as 1-2-3.
The sticker assembler is responsible for accurately placing stickers onto the cards, quality control, inventory counting, attention to detail, and meeting deadlines.
The schedule is Monday through Friday and sometimes Saturday/Sunday 2:30 PM -11 PM and the pay rate is $12.81+ DOE along with a 5% shift differential.
Good manual dexterity & Hand/Eye coordination
Effective verbal communication skills including reading, writing, and speaking English
Maintain quality control and show attention to detail.
Able to work under the pressure of multiple deadlines while maintaining composure and professionalism.
Examine materials to verify conformance to quality standards and count finished products to determine if customer orders are complete.
Position requires the ability to work a designated shift, and may require occasional overtime, which could include time before or after the designated shift and/or weekends.
Work experience greater than 1 year in at least one previous job
Able to work the designated shift, overtime as required, which could include time before or after the designated shift and /or weekends.
High school diploma or GED
What we have to Offer:
Competitive pay rates with robust shift differentials, growth opportunities and room for advancement
Solid benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Long Term Disability, Short Term Disability, Life Insurance, Accident Insurance, Critical Illness Insurance, FSA, HSA, Vacation and Holiday Pay, Tuition Reimbursement and 401K with a competitive company match percentage.
Electronics Assembly Technician
The electronics technician is responsible for installing and wiring circuit boards to batteries.
The electronics technician is accountable for inspecting, testing, installing, wiring and confirming quality of circuit boards to batteries per work instructions.
- Perform electro-mechanical sub-assembly work utilizing basic hand tools, written instruction sheets, blueprints and fixtures
- Test of electro-mechanical assemblies utilizing semi-automatic circuit board tester and multimeters.
- Input basic data on a computer.
- Complete wire harness assemblies, which includes routing and fastening of wires and sensors to batteries
- Provide assistance with building electronic and mechanical prototypes and test fixtures
- Follow detailed work instructions and/or documents which include electrical wiring diagrams and drawings, written and digital.
- Serve as a key member of the manufacturing team, always assisting others while remaining committed to quality results.
Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge and experience with wire wrapping
- Mechanical aptitude and familiarity with tools and electronic test equipment
- Experience in troubleshooting and repair of circuit boards
- Basic computer skills (Windows PC)
- Detail oriented, able to follow instructions and good communications skills needed.
- Position requires 40 hours/5 days a week; Predictable and reliable attendance is required
- Must be capable of standing for extended periods of time
- Must have the ability to perform repetitious tasks
- Must possess good manual dexterity
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. on occasion
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus
- Work environment includes regular exposure to manufacturing areas that require the use of personal protective equipment such as safety shoes, safety glasses, and hearing protection or respirators as needed.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- HS Degree, PLUS 2-year Technical School
- 2 to 5 years of related experience in a similar position
Factory - The worker may be subject to hazards. Includes a variety of physical conditions, such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, vibration, moving vehicles, electrical current, exposure to temperature changes or exposure to chemicals. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to fumes, airborne particles, odors, dust, mists, and gases. The noise level in the work environment can be loud.
Required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; visual inspection involving small defects, small parts, and/or operation of machines (including inspection); using measurement devices; and/or assembly or fabrication parts at distances close to the eyes
Machinery operation requires the use of safety equipment to include but not limited to; eye safety glasses, hearing protectors, work boots, and lab coats.
May be required to exert up to ___50____ pounds of force occasionally to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body.
Eos Energy Storage is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States, without sponsorship, now and in the future.
Electronic Assembly primary duties include assembly of cables and related products according to production specifications and quality standards.
Electronic Assembly Essential Job Duties and
- Interprets and follows assembly instructions.
- Ensures work area is stocked with parts, connectors, seals etc. to perform work.
- Obtains parts as needed from stock area.
- Sets up and operates a variety of production machines to fulfill duties including wiring machine, pinning machine, cabling machine, soldering tool, stripping machine, dipping/hot pot, cable bundling machine, hand dryer
- Performs assembly duties to include: soldering, snipping, hand assembly, crimping, etc.
- Follows test procedures
- Follows Quality Procedures
- Performs other duties as required
- Must possess good manual dexterity for assembly duties.
- Possess good attention to detail.
- Possess good teamwork skills.
- Able to work independently without close supervision.
- Understands basic production and quality principles.
- May sit/stand for extended periods.
- Most stations require minimal/light lifting up to 10 pounds.
- May move light hand held production equipment to new locations.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Forklift Operator - Machining 1St Shift
Job Description RESPONSIBILITIES:
Loading and unload trailers against DOT regulation's and ZF Processes
Ability to read and pull material on picks sheets
Remove finished goods from stretch wrapper, wrap skids, and apply shipping labels in proper location, and move to finished goods designated areas
Audit finished goods to ensure proper packaging and labeling
Accurately count finished goods and machined castings
Deliver component parts & packaging materials to assembly cells and machining area to ensure the uninterrupted flow of production
Remove empty returnable dunnage, machining baskets, discarded pallets, cardboard hoppers, etc. from production areas and store or dispose of these items appropriately
Maintain organization and identification of materials on the shop floor
Accurately enter data into the QAD system for maintaining perpetual inventory
Verify QAD transactions
Have a good follow thru for FIFO procedures of all material components, WIP and finished goods.
All other duties as assigned
Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/Disability/Veteran
Job Requirements Education Requirements
High School diploma or equivalent.
Experience and Skill Requirements
Must able to be licensed by TRW to operate powered industrial equipment.
Must be able to interpret material ID labels
Must be able to differentiate between the various products produced at Oakwood
Analyze material against packing slip against actual received from transportation.
Must have effective communication skills
Ability to cycle count
Experience in scanning with hand held scanners
Ability to lift 30lbs
Working knowledge of some/all manufacturing processes (assembly, machining, etc)
Prior experience as a forklift operator
Prior experience in shipping/receiving
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!