Machinist Automotive Job Description Sample
Automotive Machinist Apprentice
We are looking for a clean, organized, and professional Automotive Machinist to perform the following:
Typical 5 day X 8 hour per day work week but overtime is sometimes required
CNC and/or welding experience a plus
Job duties include but are not limited to
Ability to Turn Brake Rotors and Drums
Ability to Grind Flywheels
Clean Engine Blocks, Cylinder Heads and run a VAT
Able to Rebuild and Resurface Cylinder heads
Ability to Cut Valve seats, Bore and hone blocks and Balance Rotating Assemblies is a plus but not required.
Able to set up and operate a variety of machine tools to produce precision parts
Able to fabricate, modify, or repair customers parts
Set up and operate machine tools as follows:
Milling Machines: horizontal, vertical, and boring mills
Turning Machines: engine lathe, vertical boring mill
Able to use close tolerance measuring tools and indicators
Comparison tools, such as adjustable parallels and plain calipers
Direct reading tools, such as rules, scales, and Vernier calipers
Able to chase threads to close tolerances using wire gauges
Ability to determine feed, speeds, and select tooling for a variety of materials including alloy steel, stainless steel, carbon steel and plastics
Accurately apply intermediate mathematical skill, including geometry, trigonometry, addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and conversion of fractions and decimals.
Ability to work with very small tolerance, usually within .0005" to .001"
Read blueprints and sketches, to determine product dimensions and tolerances and to determine work procedures.
GPC believes the fair and equitable treatment of employees, customers, suppliers and other persons is critical to fulfilling its vision and goals. GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC's policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.
Johns Manville, a Berkshire Hathaway company, is a manufacturer of premium-quality building and mechanical insulation, commercial roofing, glass fibers and nonwoven materials for commercial, industrial and residential applications. JM products are used in a wide variety of industries including building products, aerospace, automotive and transportation, filtration, commercial interiors, waterproofing and wind energy.
We are currently recruiting for a CNC Machinist to join our team in Tucson, AZ. We value our employees, provide a safe and clean work environment and a competitive wage and benefits package.
In this role, the CNC Machinist will be working with state-of-the-art machinery to machine exotic materials. This person will also be machining investment castings to close tolerances.
In addition this position offers:
11 Paid Holidays
Competitive Shift Premium
Benefits Package: medical, dental and life insurance for employees and their dependents
401(k) plan (Including company contributions)
Career Growth Opportunities
Understand and use safe working practices.
High School degree or equivalent.
Broad experience setting up, editing G-Code programs and running CNC Lathes and VMCs.
Experience using pedestal grinders, drill presses and various machine tools and equipment.
Read and understand complex mechanical blueprints.
Strong shop-math skills.
Familiar reading micrometers, calipers and other standard measuring equipment.
Capable of using forklifts, cranes, and have the physical ability to stand for long periods of time, lift and move items weighing up to 50 pounds.
Computer literate with experience using Microsoft Office Suite of programs.
Own basic measuring tools and machinist hand tools providing capability to perform job duties.
Ability to read, write and interpret complex items in English
Ability to work different shifts
Positive manner of performance, team player, good written and verbal communications skills.
Completion of a machinist apprenticeship program or a technical certificate
Knowledge of SAP
Johns Manville is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin or disability.
If you meet these qualifications, please apply on-line at http://www.JM.com/ under Career Opportunities.
Visit: http://www.jm.com/ to learn more about Johns Manville
Lathe Mill Machinist
San Diego, CA
Contract to Hire
$20 - $25
Primary duties of the Lathe Mill Machinist is to set-up, verify, and operate CNC Lathes to machine complex parts to customer requirements & scheduling.
· Set-up of CNC Lathe including calibration of cutting tools and location of work offsets for single and multiple part production.
· Verification of CNC programs and, when required, operation of manual mills and lathes.
· Completion of all applicable paperwork (ISO 9001:2008 standards).
· Dimensional and visual inspections for first piece and in-process manufacturing.
· Programming of lathe
· Maintaining cleanliness of the work area and proper handling of tools, equipment, and stock.
· 3-5 years CNC manufacturing & machining experience.
· Must have sound knowledge of feeds and speeds
· Must work to close tolerances.
· Must be proficient with complicated prints.
· Familiar with CNC programming codes.
· Must be able to follow written instructions and to work with little supervision.
· Must have sufficient English communication skills to understand verbal and written instructions, communicate with other employees, and follow directions
· Ability to lift up to 25 lbs.
· Must have own standard CNC machinist tools.
· Report to work on time daily / O.T. may be required
- Must have EXCELLENT English speaking, reading, and writing skills and have the ability to clearly communicate in English and have the ability to follow verbal and written instruction.
- Have a minimum of 5 years of experience on CNC Turning centers
- Must be capable of efficiently setting up and programming our FANUC controlled 2,3, and 6 axis CNC turning centers, and running of production of parts on equipment.
- Must be capable of creating and editing programs as needed.
- Must be able to use common shop measuring equipment.
- Must be able to read, interpret, and work from engineering prints, drawings, and sketches.
- Have basic computer skills.
- Have excellent math skills (Algebra, Trigonometry, Geometry)
- Be able inspect and be responsible for the quality of your own work.
- Must be a team player.
- Be flexible and multi-tasking.
- A sense of humor is appreciated
- Knowledge of gear machining equipment setup a plus, but not required.
- ISO9000 or AS9100 experience a plus.
- Experience on Live milling Lathes a plus.
- Gear cutting and inspection knowledge is a plus, but not required
1. 5+ years of experience on CNC lathes or Mills?
2. Experience setting up and programming multi axis lathes or mills?
3. Experience with Fanuc controls?
4. Able to read drawings and determine tooling geometry and set-up unsupervised?
5. Proficient in inspecting parts during processing to determine steps to meet requirements for conformance?
6. Local to San Gabriel, CA?
7730 Pinemont Dr., Houston, TX 77040
Part-Time Shift(s): Monday-Friday 2nd shift 2:00PM-10:30PM
Working as a Part-Time Entry-Level Machinist, you will setup and operate multiple pieces of equipment such as saws, threading machine, bending machines and various other pieces of manual equipment. This an entry-level position and training will be provided.
The duties and responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
o Learning machine operation and capabilities of multiple machines
o Running multiple pieces of equipment at the same time
o Performing accurate inspections on product
o Providing assistance to other employees when needed
REQUIRED POSITION QUALIFICATIONS:
The skills and qualifications required for this position include:
o 18 years of age or over
o Excellent written and oral communication skills
o Strong math aptitude
o Strong problem solving and deductive reasoning skills
o Strong organization, planning, and prioritizing abilities
o Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
o Ability to work independently and in a team environment
o Demonstrate our core values of ambition, innovation, integrity and teamwork
o Ability to lift, slide and lower packages that typically weigh 25lbs-50lbs and may weigh up to 75lbs
o Ability to pass the required drug screen (applicable in the US, Puerto Rico, and Guam ONLY)
PREFERRED POSITIONS QUALIFICATIONS:
o Prior experience in machining or related field.
Since 1967 Fastenal has grown as a distributor of industrial and construction supplies from a single branch to approximately 3,000 servicing locations, each providing tailored local inventory and personal service for our customers. As we've expanded across the world, we've retained a core belief in people and their ability to accomplish remarkable things - if given the opportunity. From this philosophy stems an entrepreneurial culture that challenges every employee to run their own business, create their own success, and advance to become company leaders.
As a growth company with a solid financial position, we are committed to training, promoting from within, and creating opportunities for our employees. If you have an entrepreneurial spirit and are looking to make your mark as part of an elite growth company, you won't find a better fit than Fastenal.
Machinist - 2Nd Or 3Rd Shift
Leading manufacturer and worldwide distributor has an immediate need for a Machinist for 2nd shift and a Machinist for 3rd shift.
The Machinists creates and designs machine parts by analyzing specifications, metal stock, setting-up and operating machine tools, and fit and assemble parts, and repair cutting tools, jigs, fixtures, gauges, and miscellaneous components using manual and CNC machines.
Duties and Responsibilities
Plans machining by analyzing work orders, blueprints, sketches, models, and/or descriptions to determine dimensions and setup requirements
Measures, marks, and scribes dimensions and reference points on material as guides for subsequent machining as necessary
Selects, aligns, and secures holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, and materials on machines as necessary to machine parts as required
Calculates and sets controls to regulate machining factors such as speed, feed, depth and angle of cut, and/or enters commands to retrieve, input or edit computerized machine control
Responsible for heat treating parts
Observes machine operation to detect malfunctions and adjust machine controls as required
Measures and inspects tools to verify conformance of finished work
Works closely with Engineers, Production, Programmers, Toolmakers to resolve machining and assembly problems
Promote a safe workplace by performing all tasks in a safe and thoughtful manner in compliance with all rules, procedures, instructions, devices, equipment and use of appropriate personal protective equipment. Maintain vigilance for any hazardous conditions or practices in the workplace and immediately report any unsafe condition or practice to your supervisor.
Performs other duties as directed
Skills and Competencies
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Outstanding organization and documentation skills
- Strong critical thinking skills using logic and analysis to identify strengths and weaknesses
- Prioritize and complete a variety of tasks in a timely manner
- Excellent verbal, written and reading comprehension skills
- Possesses a strong commitment to a team environment while working well with others
- Well-versed in analyzing and interpreting blueprints, sketches, models, and/or descriptions
- Knowledge of design techniques, tools and principles
- Ability to apply understanding of machine systems to design, fabricate, maintain, and identify improvement possibilities
- Working knowledge of machine troubleshooting problems and determine solutions
- Knowledge of hand tools and large scale machines
- Solid understanding of mathematics and the ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry
- Ability to hold a tolerance as close as + - .0005
- Well-versed in hydraulics, pneumatics, brazing and soldering
- Proficient in Computer Numerical Controls
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Parts Management System, CMMS System, Creo and CAD Software
- Associate's Degree in CNC Machining and/or Related Field
- 2 + years in Machining and/or CNC Programming
1. Associate's degree in CNC Machining or related field?
2. 2+ years of experience in machining or CNC programming?
Location: Santee, CA 92071
Pay Rate: $18.50 - $22.00 DOE
Our client, a leader in manufacturing machinery, is seeking a Machinist II. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated and possess excellent time management skills. If you are great at thinking outside the box, we’d love to hear from you!
- Set up and operate machine tools for the production of precision parts, fabrications and modifications to print.
- Perform calculations for dimensions and tolerances using math.
- Be responsible for taking measurements of parts to ensure uniformity by using precision instruments.
- Troubleshoot problems as they arise.
- Set up, adjust, and operate all machine tools (including specialized tools) to perform operations.
- Monitor the feed and speed of the machines during the machine process.
- Make fixtures and tooling to meet needs.
- Verify and follow FAI inspection procedures.
- Ensure all machines are running at or at 100%.
- Comfortable working with 3, 4, and 5 axis machines.
- You have basic knowledge of GD & T.
- Can easily complete paperwork.
- Proficient in shop mathematics, metal properties, and machining procedures.
We look forward to speaking to you!
Job Overview – Conventional Machinist
ResourceMFG Search Group is looking for a skilled Conventional Machinist that can work independently and follow instruction both written and verbal. Must be capable and interested in working in a driven work environment focused meeting deadline, production demands, and supporting the maintaining of all tooling used.
- Must be able to machine parts, tools, dies, and work with variety of materials
- Experienced with the setup and operation of conventional machines such as lathe work, turning, drilling, threading; tool sharpening; mill work; surface grinding; drilling; tapping/threading; fabrication of tooling
- Verify dimension, alignment and clearance of finished parts for conformance to specifications using measuring instruments such as calipers, gauge blocks, micrometers, and dial indicators
- Able to visualize and compute dimensions, sizes, shapes, and tolerances of assemblies, based on specifications
- Able to communicate professionally and effectively with multiple departments, including engineering, forge, spin, and machining
- Design and create tools based on instruction by engineering team to repair, modify, and new development for forging, spinning, and machining steel products
- High School Diploma or GED
- Excellent work attendance
- Must have intermediate working knowledge of tools for the job
- Experience with steel production tooling
- Knowledge of steel forging and machining
- Experience selecting cutting and sharpening tools as required
- Experience with conventional lathe and mills
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience with conventional lathes and mills
- Must possess basic math skills including but not limited to addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division for the purposes of calculating material fabrication
- Ability to read and interrupt blue prints
- Excellent communication and must be detail orientated
- Able to multi task and self-managing tasks
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!