Machinist Linotype Job Description Sample
Role: CNC Machinist
Duration: Direct Hire
Schedule: 1st or 2nd shift monday-friday
Compensation: 40-65K+ based on experience
Responsible for operating a variety of machine tools to produce precision parts. Fabricates and modifies parts applying knowledge of mechanics, shop mathematics, metal properties, layout, and machining procedures.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must satisfactorily perform each essential duty. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- Read and understand blueprints, job routings, tooling instructions, and standard charts for such specifications as dimensions, tolerances, holding fixtures, cutting speeds, feed rates, and cutting tools to be used.
- Follow established fabrication procedures and standards.
- Give feedback on programming or setup changes.
- Position, load, secure, and set tools while understanding run out, tool length, stick outs, and proper holder based on what the tool is doing.
- Recognize, understand and properly adjust dull or chipped tooling.
- Set, index, and adjust work offsets of tools, tool wear lengths, and cutter compensation.
- Perform Quality Control Characteristics documentation of tolerance zones specified on blueprints.
- Set up and operate machine tools which would include 4th axis machines and 5th axis machines.
- Set up and operate machine tools and machines, make fixtures, and assemble fixtures- for experimental purposes.
- (Knowledge, Skills & Abilities, Education & Experience) Minimum of a high school diploma plus 1-3 years of experience in a machine shop environment required. However, a combination of education and experience will be taken into consideration.
- Journeyman card preferred.
- Must have strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Understanding of G and M codes, machine and fixture set-up, canned cycles, work offset coordinate system.
- Ability to read and understand prints and tolerances
- Applicants must possess the ability to use measuring instruments such as- outside micrometers, bore micrometer, height and bore gauge, calipers, gauge pins and indicators.
- Must possess understanding of basic machine implements- keys, threads, bearing fit and bushings as well as basic geometry.
Full Tim hours
Various Shifts Available
Top of the line Benefits and potential relocation assistance available for those who qualify
Our client, an industry recognized and brand leader in firearms manufacturer is seeking a CNC Machine Operator to perform daily activities associated with the manufacture of finished and semi-finished machined goods using automated and manual equipment and processes to meet end customer needs.
Skills needed to be successful in this role-
- You have experience with CNC machines in OEM/Production floor environment
- You have use lathe/mill machines
- Experience with 2,3,4 axis CNC Machines. Diverse CNC experience
- You are comfortable and experienced using CNC machines to cut, mill, drill bore and broach workpieces.
- You bring with you an understanding of blueprints, sketches, drawings, manuals, specifications,
- Worked with sample parts to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished workpiece, sequence of operations, and setup requirements.
- Comfortable using hand tools, power tools, and machines to Grind, file, or sand surfaces of metal items
- Can identify and replace broken or worn tools and make tool offsets.
- Removal of defects and smoothing of uneven surfaces.
- Ensures quality, assists in reducing costs, continuously improves productivity by accurately tracking job time, which results in 100% on-time delivery
- You are advanced with shop mathematics
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, multi-task, and adapt quickly to change.
- Experience and ability with measuring tools, calipers, micrometers
Alaska Roteq Corporation serves the Alaska industry with 35,000 square feet of enclosed operations, primarily for the servicing and repair of rotating equipment. We offer the largest machining equipment in Alaska. We provide full Machining Services, Thermal Spray Coating, Welding, Balancing, Field Machining, Field Mechanics and Engineering among our many other services. Pump repair is also an Alaska Roteq specialty - not only in Wasilla but all of Alaska. We are committed to Safety and a culture centered on quality and service.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for a Machinist who can set up and operate at least three different conventional machine tools to perform complete machining and repairs of metallic and non-metallic materials for parts from complicated design drawings, sketches and/or verbal instructions, including set up and operation of machine tools as required by work assignment.
- Makes set ups and adjustments on all machine tools for complete machining and repairs of Alaska Roteq components to complicated design drawings,
- Makes set ups and adjustments on at least three different machines for complete machining and repairs of Alaska Roteq to complicated design drawings, sketches, sample parts and/or verbal instructions while maintaining tolerances of .0005” or less. If they do not understand, ask questions.
- Uses Company and personal measuring devices for checking components for conformity to previous instructions.
- Further develops operating skills on other assigned machines. This position is expected to work on several different machines as required by the operating schedule of the shop. In addition there will be a certain amount of overtime required in order to meet the maintenance scheduled requirements of Alaska Roteq’s customers.
- Assists in training of other employees.
- In the absence of the Quality Control Inspector, inspect other Machinist’s parts for conformance to drawing specifications and Alaska Roteq’s quality standards.
- Maintains assigned equipment, maintenance logs and work areas in a clean and orderly condition. Performs routine maintenance at regular intervals on their primary machine. Also checks their secondary machines for fluid levels, grease, etc. prior to use.
- Performs assignments maintaining safe conditions throughout the work area. Checks parts to determine if they are safe to handle.
- Adheres to company quality control policies and processes.
- Maintains close working relationship with fellow workers to help promote trust, integrity and respect in the workplace.
- Understands and adheres to company operating policies in the Employee Handbook.
- The above description may not be all inclusive for this job and other duties and responsibilities may be assigned.
What do we require?
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) plus a minimum of two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. With help this position can set up their assigned machine to achieve Alaska Roteq’s and the customer’s quality requirements.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple to moderately complicated machine drawings and other documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedures manuals. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one exchange with other employees.
- Ability to use basic mathematics and has a working knowledge of trigonometry tables for figuring various angles, radii and chord lengths.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral and diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Graduation and certification from a trade machinist school would be greatly helpful.
This Job Description was created in part by the Avitus Group through our Job Advertising Service. Avitus Group is a Professional Services organization focused on helping companies Simplify, Strengthen, and Grow their business. This Advertisement is a part of our Recruiting Services as we assist our clients with finding the right talent for their hiring needs. This job opportunity is for and with the client listed above and not with the Avitus Group
Machinist - Mechanical Field Services - Morenci, AZ
Freeport-McMoRan is a premier U.S.-based natural resources company with headquarters in Phoenix, Arizona. We operate large, long-lived, geographically diverse assets with significant proven and probable reserves of copper, gold and molybdenum. The company has a dynamic portfolio of operating, expansion and growth projects in the copper industry. Freeport-McMoRan is the world's largest publicly traded copper producer, the world's largest producer of molybdenum and a significant gold producer. We have a long and successful history of conducting our business in a safe, highly efficient and socially-responsible manner.
We have the assets, the talent, the drive and the financial strength to provide attractive and rewarding careers for our employees. We encourage you to take some time to explore your career opportunities at Freeport-McMoRan.
Highly skilled workers who perform maintenance crafts work such as plumbing, pipefitting, carpentry, painting, welding, machining, boilermaking, or other specialized area. Will perform maintenance activities independently, with minimal supervision.
Specifically, a Machinist performs duties related to the set up and operation of machine tools and fits and assembles parts to make or repair metal parts, mechanisms, tools or machines. Lays out work from drawings, sketches, and written specifications.
Perform routine maintenance activities
Develop solutions for various maintenance situations
Complete Work Orders and other maintenance documentation
Train and mentor maintenance employees
Other tasks as assigned
Two (2) years experience in the crafts of welder, boilermaker, machinist or facility maintenance/construction
Proficiency in welding/cutting
High School Diploma or GED
Use of manual lathes, mills, and boring machines
Proficient in motor/gearbox alignment
Experience with G-code operation
Ability to understand and apply verbal and written work and safety-related instructions and procedures given in English
Ability to communicate in English with respect to job assignments, job procedures, and applicable safety standards
Must be able to work in a potentially stressful environment
Personal protective equipment is required on a regular basis, including hard hat, hearing protection, safety glasses, steel-toed boots, and as needed, respirator, rubber steel-toed boots, protective clothing, gloves and other protective equipment
Employee will be required to work in environments which may include exposure to extreme temperatures and humidity
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand, sit, demonstrate manual dexterity, climb stairs and ladders, and work on elevated platforms
Occasionally may be required to lift up to fifty (50) pounds during the course of the work day
Will be required to work rotating shifts in a 24/7/365 operation
Freeport-McMoRan promotes a drug/alcohol-free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug testing and on-going random drug testing
Freeport-McMoRan has reviewed the jobs at its various office and operating sites and determined that many of these jobs require employees to perform essential job functions that pose a direct threat to the safety or health of the employees performing these tasks or others. Accordingly, the company has designated the following positions as safety-sensitive:
Site-based positions, or positions which require unescorted access to site-based operational areas, which are held by employees who are required to receive MSHA, OSHA, DOT, HAZWOPER and/or Hazard Recognition Training; or
Positions which are held by employees who operate equipment, machinery or motor vehicles in furtherance of performing the essential functions of their job duties, including operating motor vehicles while on company business or travel (for this purpose "motor vehicles" includes company owned or leased motor vehicles and personal motor vehicles used by employees in furtherance of company business or while on company travel); or
Positions which Freeport-McMoRan has designated as safety sensitive positions in the applicable job or position description and which upon further review continue to be designated as safety-sensitive based on an individualized assessment of the actual duties performed by a specifically identified employee.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veteran/Disability
CNC Machinist Operator
- Includes written and verbal instruction for the tooling or die in question.
- Takes into consideration the type of material, tolerances, choice of cutting tools, lubricants/coolants and machine tool feeds and speeds and electrodes.
- Uses Master Cam and machine conversational programs.
- Writes the programs and produces tooling.
- Uses Master Cam to draw the form needed to produce the part.
- Codes the part for use in the CNC machines and manufactures the part.
- May be required to measure and copy parts.
- Includes inserts, end mills, drills, electrode material and EDM wire used for the CNC equipment.
- Returns unused materials or supplies to the correct location.
- Communicates issues to Team Leader to ensure that organizational goals and objectives are met.
- Participates in ongoing development, communication and implementation of team concepts, programs and policies.
- Coordinates work to ensure best practices with all team members.
- Attends appropriate team meetings.
- As a member of the tool room team, fosters strong cohesiveness regarding all major issues; e.g., direction, annual plan, budget, policy changes, etc.
- Accepts responsibility to quickly identify any areas of lack of cohesiveness, bringing them to the attention of the team leader and working with the team in a supportive manner to resolve issues affecting cohesiveness. Actively look for ways, and reinforce actions needed, to achieve synergy possible within the larger organization.
|Educational Requirements||Experience Requirements|
HS diploma or equivalent required. Minimum of one year formal technical training as machinist including CNC training. Completion of formal four year Tool & Die apprentice training program preferred.
|Technical Experience: Minimum 2 years CNC programmer/machinist preferred.|
Industry Experience: Previous deep drawn stamping experience
Position Title CNC Machinist – Aerospace Parts - TX #4255
Location San Antonio Texas Area
Set up and operate CNC programmable controls and read and understand basic G/M code.
Set up fixtures and tooling to run CNC production processes.
Ensure parts meet specifications using appropriate measuring instruments such as Micrometers, Verniers, Height Gages, Bore Gages etc.
Read blueprint drawings, job orders, tooling instructions or standard charts to determine specification procedures.
Perform routine machine maintenance.
Monitor tool wear, change tools and inserts as required.
Adjust basic offsets to maintain part integrity.
Demonstrate ability to hold very tight tolerances and meet production standards.
Experience with Fanuc and Haas Controls a plus.
Primarily use Mori Seiki and Okuma for lathes.
Bottom line requirements we need notes on with candidate submittal:
1. Experience Setting up and operating CNC programmable controls using G/M code.
2. Experience setting up fixtures and tooling to run CNC production processes.
3. Experience with measuring instruments such as Micrometers, Verniers, Height Gages, Bore Gages etc.
4. Experience with Mori Seiki and Okuma for lathes preferred.
5. Experience with Fanuc and Haas Controls a plus.
Calpsan Systems in Newport News, VA is an industry leader in the engineering and manufacture of complex aerospace hardware and prototype systems for ground test and flight applications. We have been employed in the development of nearly every domestic fixed-wing aircraft, missile, and helicopter system. We are an engineering products based company with excellent prototype and low-rate production machining capability. Qualified candidates only are encouraged to apply.
Description for Machinist:
- Experience machinist with complex set-ups, contoured parts using 3-5 axis CNC mills, lathes & VTLs
- Must be able to calculate and set up controls to regulate speeds & feeds
- Assembles cutting tools in tool holders and positions tool holders in machine spindles
- Must be able to read blueprints and have strong knowledge of applied math
- Conventional machining experience desired
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule and overtime as needed
- 10+ years of experience
- High School graduate or G.E.D.
- A combination of education and experience equivalent to above
- Formal apprenticeship desirable
- MUST be able to obtain a secret security clearance
- Experience with high tolerance prototype components
Must have previous experience as a CNC Machinist in a machine shop.
Must be proficient at setting up and working unsupervised.
Comfortable with Fanuc, Okuma, Haas and other controls
Possesses knowledge of various types of metals including castings & forgings.
Understands speeds/feeds used when cutting different materials including exotic alloys.
Knowledge of lean manufacturing principals is a plus.
Understands geometric tolerance along with being proficient at reading & understanding blueprints.
Must be comfortable/competent in making program changes at the machining centers.
Familiar with 6Sigma methodologies and principals is a plus.
Should have a general understanding of ISO9001/AS9100 quality systems.
Machinist - 2Nd Or 3Rd Shift - 4048
2nd or 3rd Shift
Role: Engineering, Science, or Related
Relocation Available: No
Location: South Carolina
Town / City: Liberty
Job Type: Permanent full-time
Leading manufacturer and worldwide distributor has an immediate need for a Machinist for 2nd shift and a Machinist for 3rd shift.
The Machinists creates and designs machine parts by analyzing specifications, metal stock, setting-up and operating machine tools, and fit and assemble parts, and repair cutting tools, jigs, fixtures, gauges, and miscellaneous components using manual and CNC machines.
Duties and Responsibilities
Plans machining by analyzing work orders, blueprints, sketches, models, and/or descriptions to determine dimensions and setup requirements
Measures, marks, and scribes dimensions and reference points on material as guides for subsequent machining as necessary
Selects, aligns, and secures holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, and materials on machines as necessary to machine parts as required
Calculates and sets controls to regulate machining factors such as speed, feed, depth and angle of cut, and/or enters commands to retrieve, input or edit computerized machine control
Responsible for heat treating parts
Observes machine operation to detect malfunctions and adjust machine controls as required
Measures and inspects tools to verify conformance of finished work
Works closely with Engineers, Production, Programmers, Toolmakers to resolve machining and assembly problems
Promote a safe workplace by performing all tasks in a safe and thoughtful manner in compliance with all rules, procedures, instructions, devices, equipment and use of appropriate personal protective equipment. Maintain vigilance for any hazardous conditions or practices in the workplace and immediately report any unsafe condition or practice to your supervisor.
Performs other duties as directed
Skills and Competencies
Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
Outstanding organization and documentation skills
Strong critical thinking skills using logic and analysis to identify strengths and weaknesses
Prioritize and complete a variety of tasks in a timely manner
Excellent verbal, written and reading comprehension skills
Possesses a strong commitment to a team environment while working well with others
Well-versed in analyzing and interpreting blueprints, sketches, models, and/or descriptions
Knowledge of design techniques, tools and principles
Ability to apply understanding of machine systems to design, fabricate, maintain, and identify improvement possibilities
Working knowledge of machine troubleshooting problems and determine solutions
Knowledge of hand tools and large scale machines
Solid understanding of mathematics and the ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry
Ability to hold a tolerance as close as + - .0005
Well-versed in hydraulics, pneumatics, brazing and soldering
Proficient in Computer Numerical Controls
Proficient in Microsoft Office, Parts Management System, CMMS System, Creo and CAD Software
Associate's Degree in CNC Machining and/or Related Field
2 + years in Machining and/or CNC Programming
Bottom Line Requirements:
1.Associate's degree in CNC Machining or related field.
2.2+ years of experience in machining or CNC programming.
Position Title Machinist – MN #4251
Location East Grand Forks, MN
Provides quality machine work for maintenance department. Operates lathes, shapers, milling machines, drill presses, metallizers, arbor presses, etc.
Works with various metals and machines according to specification and works spare parts for factory equipment.
Overhauls and repairs mechanical equipment and rebuilds shafting according to specifications.
Assists in factory maintenance as requested.
Acts as a resource to mechanics in use of measuring devices such as micrometers, calipers, levels, etc.
Rebuilds and metallizes shafts and pumps.
Performs proper maintenance, repairs, and lubrication of all machine shop equipment.
Works overtime as required.
High School Diploma or GED Certificate required.
Two year vocational technical degree in machining or 5 years related machine shop work experience.
Incumbents are required to pass a Combined Basic Skills Test verifying basic skills and knowledge and are also required to pass a Mechanical Aptitude Test.
Able to work from and read detailed plans and blueprints.
Familiar with and able to operate all machine shop equipment such as motors, pumps, gear reducers, turbines, blowers, fans, scrolls, etc.
Must possess basic shop math skills and have working knowledge of all measuring devices such as micrometers, calipers, levels, scales, squares, and must be able to work with close tolerances on machine work.
Must be able to cut and weld both gas and electric.
Bottom line requirements we need notes on with candidate submittal:
1. High School Diploma or GED.
2. Two year vocational technical degree in machining or 5 years related machine shop work experience.
3. Able to work from and read detailed plans and blueprints.
4. Familiar with and able to operate all machine shop equipment such as motors, pumps, gear reducers, turbines, blowers, fans, scrolls, etc.
5. Basic shop math skills and have working knowledge of all measuring devices such as micrometers, calipers, levels, scales, squares, and must be able to work with close tolerances.
6. Able to cut and weld both gas and electric.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!