Machinist Outside Job Description Sample
Location: Santee, CA 92071
Pay Rate: $18.50 - $22.00 DOE
Our client, a leader in manufacturing machinery, is seeking a Machinist II. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated and possess excellent time management skills. If you are great at thinking outside the box, we’d love to hear from you!
- Set up and operate machine tools for the production of precision parts, fabrications and modifications to print.
- Perform calculations for dimensions and tolerances using math.
- Be responsible for taking measurements of parts to ensure uniformity by using precision instruments.
- Troubleshoot problems as they arise.
- Set up, adjust, and operate all machine tools (including specialized tools) to perform operations.
- Monitor the feed and speed of the machines during the machine process.
- Make fixtures and tooling to meet needs.
- Verify and follow FAI inspection procedures.
- Ensure all machines are running at or at 100%.
- Comfortable working with 3, 4, and 5 axis machines.
- You have basic knowledge of GD & T.
- Can easily complete paperwork.
- Proficient in shop mathematics, metal properties, and machining procedures.
Outside Machinist Supervisor
Vigor expects all employees to enhance the atmosphere in which they work by living the Vigor Values every day.
Truth: We seek the truth, and we speak the truth
Responsibility: We act on what we know is right
Evolution: We seek mastery, and adapt to a changing world
Love: We care about the people we work with, and the world we live in
Outside Machinist Supervisor
Vigor Marine is the leading ship repair specialist in the Pacific Northwest. For fishing and cargo and tanker ships.
Ferries and national security vessels. For tugs and barges to transoceanic ships and more, we fix, overhaul and modernize single vessels and major global fleets. Vigor Marine.
The right-sized facilities and an experienced workforce to meet our customers' needs. On budget and on time.
As an Outside Machinist Supervisor, this position is responsible for supervising Machinist and Mechanic type work in the shipyard across multiple projects.
In this capacity, the Outside Machinist Supervisor is responsible for coordinating all equipment and labor for the assigned craft. Craft oversight involves planning all aspects needed for the assigned craft including labor, materials, tools and equipment, change orders and job hazard analyses. Additionally the supervisor may have responsibility for overseeing the work of lower level supervisors in the same craft area. The incumbent must be self-disciplined, resourceful, and willing to accept responsibility for the assigned crafts.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
(this list is not intended to detail all aspects of the assigned work but is representative of the jobs overall responsibilities)
1.Leads and communicates company safety culture and policies regardless of reporting structure (discipline, incident reports, investigations etc). Leads craft safety meetings. Holds employees accountable for demonstrating acceptable safety practices. Provides input to ways to instill attention to safety among all employees.
2.Works closely with the project managers or ship superintendents for elements in the projects in the supervisors craft area; handles planning including specifying staffing needs and scheduling, tools, materials, equipment, and subcontracts.
3.Provides supervision to assigned employees which may also include lower level supervisors. Supervision includes assignment to tasks, assuring completion of tasks within deadlines, resolving conflicts, applying needed disciplinary action with designated management representative and reassigning employees across projects. Writes/receives verbal and written turnovers at shift changes. Applies good understanding of the Union contract.
4.Coordinates regulatory agency compliance for assigned crafts. Assures employees accomplish work in accordance with proper practices and within specifications.
5.Prepares condition found reports (CFR), change orders and job hazard analyses (JHA) for the assigned craft activities by hand or using computer software applications such as word processing, spreadsheets and email. Teaches and coaches others in how to prepare CFR, JHA and change orders.
6.Communicates changes in practices or policies; demonstrates and models behavior supportive of the direction the company is headed; provides meaningful and constructive suggestions for practice improvements; acts as and is a recognized leader among peers.
7.Trains, coaches and mentors other supervisors in staffing and scheduling and other upper level supervisory functions.
8.Assist estimating department as required for bidding work.
9.Performs related duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE: Journey level experience as an Outside Machinist with a concentration of recent experience in a shipyard type environment.
A minimum of three years experience as a Machinist Supervisor in an industrial environment. Must demonstrate an adept ability to effectively lead the work of others.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
Knowledge of marine-related equipment, ship repair and construction techniques; sequencing of ship repair activities; shipyard safety practices; complex mathematical principles as applied to shipping activities.
Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers and employees; act as a leader and be recognized as such by others, read, understand and apply ship repair specifications, blue prints, technical procedures, and regulations; identify problems with production and re-chart to correct; direct, coach and motivate the work of others; resolve conflicts; coordinate multiple details related to various projects simultaneously.
Skill in directing and coordinating the work of others; operating a personal computer and various PC applications such as word processing and spreadsheets; interpreting an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form; working with several abstract and concrete variables; effectively resolving conflict; using tools as required for accomplishing the work.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: None required.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands for this position involve the ability to maneuver in a shipyard as needed to oversee the accomplishment of work.
Requires extensive walking and standing; some climbing, crouching, twisting and stooping. Working with the tools pertinent to the supervisors craft involves manual dexterity and fine motor movement and the ability to lift and manipulate a variety of tools. May require some lifting or assistance with heavy equipment. Work is predominately performed outside or on board ships in all weather conditions.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment for this job is demanding and potentially hazardous due to work on or inside ships as well as travel around ship repair yard.
Must have the ability to perform the essential job duties with or without reasonable accommodation and without posing a direct threat to safety or health of employee or others.
Vigor and its wholly owned subsidiaries provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Vigor complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
City: Pueblo / State: Colorado
At EVRAZ North America, we manufacture engineered steel products for rail, energy and industrial end markets at six production sites located in the USA (Portland, Oregon; Pueblo, Colorado) and Canada (Regina, Saskatchewan; Calgary, Camrose and Red Deer, Alberta). We are the largest North American producer by volume in the rail and large diameter pipe markets, and we hold leading positions in the Western Canada oil country tubular goods, small diameter pipe and West Coast plate markets.
EVRAZ offers competitive wages and benefits along with training, apprenticeships and development programs to help you accomplish your professional objectives. We encourage our employees to continue their education by providing tuition reimbursement and training opportunities. And our open door policy fosters a culture of open communication that allows every employee to have a voice in the company. It's how the best ideas come to light—and why the best people choose to work at EVRAZ.
Job Description and Responsibilities
We are seeking a Machinist to join our Maintenance team, located in Pueblo, Colorado. As a machinist you will machine, disassemble and assemble parts for equipment and machines in a safe manner.
Keeps work area and equipment clean and orderly Performs routine maintenance and assist Maintenance personnel
You will use Lathes, Milling machines, Vertical and Horizontal Boring mills, Shapers/Slotter machines, Surface and Cylindrical Grinders, Radial Drill Presses, Bench-Floor & Field work, Alignments, Lay-out work and Blue Prints. Appropriate hand, power and measuring tools, Radio controlled overhead cranes, Fork lifts, presses and all other shop equipment. Castings, Forgings, bar stock flats and rounds. Prints, drawings and all necessary safety equipment.
Must be able to climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, reach, stand, walk, push, pull, lift, carry, finger, grasp, feel, talk to communicate, speak, over public address system, hear, and make repetitive, motions. Must be able to see to read prints and operate machinery. Occasionally exerts forces up to 100 pounds to lift, carry, push and pull.
Subject to work in both inside and outside environmental conditions. Exposed to elevated noise levels vibrations, and extreme cold and heat. Physical Hazards – close proximity to moving parts, chips, shavings, scale, and sharp tools. Exposed to oils solvents, and oil based products.
Additional tasks as assigned
Machinist Apprenticeship, AAS degree in Machining Technology or equivalent in an applicable field
Proficient in all categories of Machining Technology.
Demonstrated ability yo interprets prints, plan working procedure and select proper materials. Take or calculate necessary dimensions. Lay out-set up and operates machines necessary for machining product. Test, inspect, dismantle, assemble and repair machined product. Make provisions for handling of materials, equipment and tools.
Proficient in critical Alignments and sophisticated measuring tools.
Experienced in installation and Set- up of "Class 5" bearings & Babbitt Bearing Fits.
Machinery repair of operating departments and Roll shops Lathes and equipment. Must have a valid Colorado driver's license.
- Experience in heavy industry, manufacturing, or mining; or experience working with machinery, equipment operation or a closely related field.
- HS Diploma or GED and a demonstrated pattern of stable work history
- 12 Months experience in Machine Operation and General Labor.
Qualified Candidates will be required to demonstrate proficiency through testing.
All applicants must be legally able to work in the USA without sponsorship.
EVRAZ is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Individuals with Disabilities, and Veterans.
While we thank all those who
Machinist / Manual Machinist
immediate opening for a skilled Machinist with a minimum of 5 years’ experience. The ideal candidate shall be knowledgeable with both CNC & manual machines and must demonstrate the ability to efficiently setup, operate and program multiple types of CNC machines and have previous manual machining experience.
Benefits for the Machinist / CNC Machinist position:
- Schedule: Monday – Friday 1st 7:30am – 4:00pm
- This is a “direct-hire” opportunity and not a “temp” or “contract-to-hire.
- Full Benefits Package that includes health insurance, 401k with company match, paid holidays and paid time off.
Qualifications for the Machinist / CNC Machinist position:
- The successful applicant will have a working knowledge of machine shop equipment, tooling, and processes, along with a knowledge of shop safety standards and procedures.
- A minimum of 5 years previous machine shop experience required, having operated machining equipment and manufactured parts and assemblies. Set-up experience is preferred.
- Basic computer skills are required.
- This person must have a willingness to learn and be cross-trained into areas of higher complexity.
CNC Machinist III
Who are we?
Terry’s Precision Products (TPP) is a mid-market growth-oriented contract manufacturer specializing in tight-tolerance, complex and often flight critical components and assemblies for the Aerospace, Avionics, Medical and Commercial industries. TTP is a member of the LOAR Group, which provides a wide range of expertise in manufacturing specialized products for the global aerospace market.
What are we looking for?
Highly skilled and experienced set-up operators for 1st and 2nd shifts to set-up and operate CNC Lathe and/or 4 and 5-axis Horizontal and Vertical Mills to produce machined parts by programming edits, setting up and operating CNC machines. This position is also responsible for maintaining quality and safety standards, keeping records and maintaining equipment and supplies.
‘Day in the life’:
- Set up and troubleshoot CNC machines
- Set up on mills by entering instructions; setting tool registers, offsets, compensation and conditional switches; calculating requirements; and proving part programs
- Provide input for planning by studying work orders, blueprints, materials, specifications, reference planes and machine parameters
- Interpreting geometric dimensions and tolerances (GD&T)
- Perform high-tolerance machining using GD&T and in-process inspection
- Maintain specifications by observing drilling, grooving and cutting; taking measurements, detecting malfunctions, troubleshooting processes, adjusting and reprogramming controls, and adhering to quality assurance procedures and processes
- Use micrometers, dial indicators, calipers, gauges and other precision measuring equipment
- Identify and implement opportunities for process improvement and increased efficiency
- Ability to define problems and troubleshooting
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes related to the aerospace industry
- Blueprint reading/GD&T
- Ability to communicate information clearly and directly both verbally and in writing
- Ability to develop constructive and cooperative working relationships
- Ability to work overtime if needed
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience with CNC machining
Machinist 4 / Machinist 5
Description:Sets up and operates various types of CNC machinery such as mills or lathes, or conventional machines such as lathes, jig borers, or grinders to machine complex parts to exacting blueprint tolerances.
Must be able to read and interpret blueprints; Independently edit, program, set up and run CNC or conventional machines. Must have 1 to 2 years of machining experience with either CNC and/or conventional machines. Machinist 5 requires graduation from a state approved journeyman program or receipt of an associates degree in machine technology or receipt of a machine technology certification of completion with a minimum of fifteen hundred (1500) hours training or has gained a minimum of (30) months active work experience as a Lockheed Martin Aeroparts machine shop employee at the machinist four level.
Ability to edit and program Mazak or Fanuc controls and to set up and run CNC machinery while maintaining quality, schedule, and cost requirements of projects. Capable of inspecting complex parts to blueprint specifications.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we're engineering a better tomorrow.
CNC Machinist / Machinist
We have an immediate "direct-hire" position for an experienced CNC Set-Up Machinist or CNC Programmer. The right candidate will have the desire to be part of a tight knit team. This position will provide a varied and unique experience as it requires both machining and sometimes reverse engineering in the manufacturing of designed prototypes.
If you prefer to work in a smaller machine shop environment this me be a great fit. Come work with a tight-knit group of 10 machinists in a locally owned Utah County machine shop. The ideal candidate will be able to take a project from print to completion,
Benefits of the CNC Machinist / Machinist position:
- Starting Wage: $24.00 - $30.00 an hour DOE
- Schedule: Monday – Friday 1st shift opportunity
- This is a “direct-hire” opportunity and not a “contract” or “temporary” position
- Health Benefits available
Responsibilities of the CNC Machinist / Machinist position:
- Setting-up, editing, programming at the controller & at the computer with a CadCam program and running multi-axis CNC Mills & Lathes.
- Use of most shop power tools including, orbital grinders and power hand tools.
- Working in close tolerance with aluminum, steel, plastics, stainless steel and titanium in the manufacturing of custom parts & equipment both small & large sizes.
Requirements for the CNC Machinist / Machinist Position:
- A minimum of 4+ years of Set-Up CNC machining experience running both mills & lathes. Previous EspritCam or similar CadCam software programming experience is preferred.
- Experience programming lathes and up to 5-axis mills is a plus.
- Must be able to perform setups & editing on CNC machines. Programming at the machine experience preferred along with working knowledge of G&M code and must be proficient with all types of manual measuring tools.
- Must have own set of high-quality measuring devices – calipers & mics.
Duties and Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Operate machining equipment to machine raw material and or parts per drawings.
- Inspect all machined material and parts in order to ensure they meet the required standards.
- Assist in the maintenance of all machining equipment and tools
- Attend all “Toolbox Talks” and all other safety training required.
- Properly handle nonconforming products as required by procedure
- Adhere to all safety practices, policies and procedures
- Exhibit good working habits at all times
- Any other duties as assigned by management or as develop due to business necessity and growth.
- Min. 3 yrs experience in set-up, operation and maintenance of lathes, mills, and drill presses
- Proficient in the use of measuring tools such as micrometers (outside and inside), dial bore gages, calipers, etc.
- Ability to hold tight tolerances.
- Must have proficient measuring skills
- Practical math skills
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and machine parts accordingly
- Strong industrial safe work practices
- Strong organizational skills
- Heavy industrial experience
- Be hands on, assertive and self starter
- Ability to handle multiple projects under pressure in a fast pace environment in order to meet deadlines
- Ability to follow instructions and procedures
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!