Machinist Outside Job Description Sample
Must have previous experience as a CNC Machinist in a machine shop.
Must be proficient at setting up and working unsupervised.
Comfortable with Fanuc, Okuma, Haas and other controls
Possesses knowledge of various types of metals including castings & forgings.
Understands speeds/feeds used when cutting different materials including exotic alloys.
Knowledge of lean manufacturing principals is a plus.
Understands geometric tolerance along with being proficient at reading & understanding blueprints.
Must be comfortable/competent in making program changes at the machining centers.
Familiar with 6Sigma methodologies and principals is a plus.
Should have a general understanding of ISO9001/AS9100 quality systems.
Boring Mill Machinist - 2Nd Shift
- Determine settings of machine.
- Calculate where to cut or bore.
- Produce quality parts
- Determine how much material to remove.
- 5+ years of experience
- Experience with Fanuc Controls helpful
- Must be able to set up
- Must be able to read Engineering Prints
CNC Lathe Machinist
CNC Machinists for multiple shifts and departments, eager to work and learn in a fast paced environment. We are looking for Machinists with experience in any of the following, Bridge CNC Mills, Vertical CNC Mills, and Multi Axis Lathes. Experience in multiple disciplines is a plus.
Machinist - 2Nd - Punching FMG
Responsible for operating multiple machines to fabricate metal parts of various sizes and shapes.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Operates machines according to the following process:
- Inspect and set up machines manually or using small hand tools
- Inspect and change fixtures as necessary
- Place piece/part into fixture/machine
- Set dials, switches and programs to begin process
- Monitor machines and make preparations for next piece/part
- Remove part from machine when done and inspect part for errors
- Repeat above steps until job is finished, or on another machine
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Diploma or AAS degree in the machine trades
- G/M Code, CAD/CAM, Machinist Math, GD&T, Inspection methods
- Minimum of two years of relevant machining experience
- Strong mechanical and technical abilities/experience
- Demonstrated success using technical math skills such as Algebra, Geometry, and Trigonometry in practical applications
- Ability to edit programs and set up multiple styles of machines, along with an understanding of G&M Codes
- Be willing to freely move amongst all cell machines as workload demands
- Be able to read technical data such as blueprints and routings
- Demonstrated ability to accurately use advanced measuring tools
- Basic computer skills including Microsoft office, typing, 10 key, and internet navigation
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by the employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Continuously lift, carry, push or pull up to 10 lbs.
- Rarely lift, carry, push, pull, move up to 20 lbs.
- Continuous exposure to indoor manufacturing environment
- Continuous exposure to moderate noise
- Continuously stand and walk throughout the workday
- Frequently performs cervical bends when checking progress or programming
- Frequently reach with hands and arms unilaterally and bilaterally; use hands to manipulate, handle, or feel material
- Continuous requirement of specific vision abilities including close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to focus
- Continuously wear eye protection (Industry standard safety equipment is provided by the Company, and specific notice is posted in areas where safety equipment is required)
Continuous Frequent Occasional Rarely
(5-8 hrs./shift) (2-5 hrs./shift) (Up to 2 hrs./shift) (Up to 48 minutes/shift)
- Honesty / Integrity- Ability to be truthful and be seen as credible in the workplace.
- Accountability- Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
- Adaptability- Ability to adapt to change in the workplace.
- Motivation- Ability to inspire oneself and others to reach a goal and/or perform to the best of their ability.
- Communication- Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word and writing clearly and concisely.
- Team Player- Ability to get along well with a variety of personalities and individuals and work well in a team environment. Ability to recognize and show consideration for others.
- Problem Solving/Innovative- Ability to find a creative solution for or to deal proactively with work-related problems.
- Reliability- The trait of being dependable and trustworthy.
- Time Management- Ability to utilize the available time to organize and complete work within given deadlines.
Inside, manufacturing environment (well-lit and temperature controlled)
Full-time; 2nd shift (3:00pm – 11:00pm)
Machinist pay scale plus shift premium
Wilson Tool is an EEO/AA employer: women, minorities, the disabled, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
EEO is the Law: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
Machinist And Welding Supervisor
Machinist and Welding Supervisor – Billings, MT
POSITION SUMMARY: Coordinates and directs the activities of the specified department to maximize productivity and minimize cost while maintaining quality.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Safety – conduct all activities in a safe manner, utilizing PPE and adhering to company policy and alerting others regarding potential concerns. Safety is # 1.
- Inspects product to verify production specifications are met.
- Effectively manages and assigns labor to complete production schedules as efficiently as possible.
- Develop and plan jobs by setting priority and assigning appropriate skill level to implement the processes to produce a quality product on spec and on-time.
- Establish maintenance requirements for equipment and facility to ensure timely maintenance are performed and proper records maintained.
- Recommends measures to improve methods, equipment performance, and quality of product and reduce product loss and suggests change in working conditions and use of equipment to increase efficiency.
- Prepare weekly and monthly reports for the Manufacturing Manager.
- Monitor and control machining & tooling costs and to work within the approved budget.
- Responsibility to ensure that assigned areas in the Plant are always kept clean, tidy, all items or equipment are safely stored, and that everyone working under your supervision adheres to cleanliness standards.
- Responsible to train and supervise 8 – 10 employees in assigned department
- Interprets company policies to workers and enforces safety regulations and good manufacturing practices.
- Analyzes and resolves work problems or assist workers in solving work problems and initiates or suggests plans to motivate workers to achieve work goals.
- As a supervisor, you are required to ensure that all personnel working under your supervision adhere and fully comply with the Company’s Code of Conduct and Ethics.
- You are responsible to administer performance management, progressive discipline and attendance tracking systems.
- You are required to plan and execute all training required to enhance the skills and competency of all employees under your supervision and in particular to ensure that all personnel performing machining are properly trained, certified and meet the necessary quality standards.
- Provide leadership for safety, loss prevention and cost reduction activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in shop management
- A certificate from an accredited technical school and two years' experience; or equivalent education and experience.
- Work related experience must consist of hands-on Machinist/Mechanic or Welder work.
- Excellent organization and time management skills and the ability to provide leadership, supervision and training using positive supervisory techniques to ensure maximum productivity; demonstrated ability in organization and delegation skills.
CNC Machinist - 2Nd Shift
- Maintain the highest level of quality control per ISO standards
- Troubleshoot machine and tooling problems to keep scrap and rework to a minimum
- Perform inspections with required tools per the IPI
- Set up and operate conventional, special purpose and numerical control machines and machining centers
- Study prints, sketches and drawing, manuals, specifications or sample parts to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished piecework
- Calculate and set controls to regulate machining factors such as speed, feed coolant flow, and depth of angle of cut or enters commands to retrieve , input, or editcomputerized machine control media as required
- Adjust the machines to the speed
- Change tools as required or directed
- Communicate problems to the shift supervisor and/or machinists from other shifts
- Record job issues on the Production Control form
- Complete Job Cards daily for all work performed
- Perform program off sets as required
- Maintain and secure work tools per our tool requirements
- Perform preventative and predictive maintenance on machinery
- Clean and maintain work area
- Turn off and lock out equipment when not in use when applicable
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Certificate or Degree from a trade school a plus
- Basic reading, writing, and some advanced arithmetic skills required
- Experience using one or more of the following tools: lathe, milling machine, drill press, and vertical/horizontal cut off saw
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and routing
- Knowledge of Geometric tolerances
- Manual dexterity required for operating machinery and computers
- Advanced skills (Journeyman level) require programming knowledge
- Job setting experience
- Ability to lift 50 lbs frequently
We look forward to speaking to you!
Job Overview – Conventional Machinist
ResourceMFG Search Group is looking for a skilled Conventional Machinist that can work independently and follow instruction both written and verbal. Must be capable and interested in working in a driven work environment focused meeting deadline, production demands, and supporting the maintaining of all tooling used.
- Must be able to machine parts, tools, dies, and work with variety of materials
- Experienced with the setup and operation of conventional machines such as lathe work, turning, drilling, threading; tool sharpening; mill work; surface grinding; drilling; tapping/threading; fabrication of tooling
- Verify dimension, alignment and clearance of finished parts for conformance to specifications using measuring instruments such as calipers, gauge blocks, micrometers, and dial indicators
- Able to visualize and compute dimensions, sizes, shapes, and tolerances of assemblies, based on specifications
- Able to communicate professionally and effectively with multiple departments, including engineering, forge, spin, and machining
- Design and create tools based on instruction by engineering team to repair, modify, and new development for forging, spinning, and machining steel products
- High School Diploma or GED
- Excellent work attendance
- Must have intermediate working knowledge of tools for the job
- Experience with steel production tooling
- Knowledge of steel forging and machining
- Experience selecting cutting and sharpening tools as required
- Experience with conventional lathe and mills
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience with conventional lathes and mills
- Must possess basic math skills including but not limited to addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division for the purposes of calculating material fabrication
- Ability to read and interrupt blue prints
- Excellent communication and must be detail orientated
- Able to multi task and self-managing tasks
Alaska Roteq Corporation serves the Alaska industry with 35,000 square feet of enclosed operations, primarily for the servicing and repair of rotating equipment. We offer the largest machining equipment in Alaska. We provide full Machining Services, Thermal Spray Coating, Welding, Balancing, Field Machining, Field Mechanics and Engineering among our many other services. Pump repair is also an Alaska Roteq specialty - not only in Wasilla but all of Alaska. We are committed to Safety and a culture centered on quality and service.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for a Machinist who can set up and operate at least three different conventional machine tools to perform complete machining and repairs of metallic and non-metallic materials for parts from complicated design drawings, sketches and/or verbal instructions, including set up and operation of machine tools as required by work assignment.
- Makes set ups and adjustments on all machine tools for complete machining and repairs of Alaska Roteq components to complicated design drawings,
- Makes set ups and adjustments on at least three different machines for complete machining and repairs of Alaska Roteq to complicated design drawings, sketches, sample parts and/or verbal instructions while maintaining tolerances of .0005” or less. If they do not understand, ask questions.
- Uses Company and personal measuring devices for checking components for conformity to previous instructions.
- Further develops operating skills on other assigned machines. This position is expected to work on several different machines as required by the operating schedule of the shop. In addition there will be a certain amount of overtime required in order to meet the maintenance scheduled requirements of Alaska Roteq’s customers.
- Assists in training of other employees.
- In the absence of the Quality Control Inspector, inspect other Machinist’s parts for conformance to drawing specifications and Alaska Roteq’s quality standards.
- Maintains assigned equipment, maintenance logs and work areas in a clean and orderly condition. Performs routine maintenance at regular intervals on their primary machine. Also checks their secondary machines for fluid levels, grease, etc. prior to use.
- Performs assignments maintaining safe conditions throughout the work area. Checks parts to determine if they are safe to handle.
- Adheres to company quality control policies and processes.
- Maintains close working relationship with fellow workers to help promote trust, integrity and respect in the workplace.
- Understands and adheres to company operating policies in the Employee Handbook.
- The above description may not be all inclusive for this job and other duties and responsibilities may be assigned.
What do we require?
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) plus a minimum of two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. With help this position can set up their assigned machine to achieve Alaska Roteq’s and the customer’s quality requirements.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple to moderately complicated machine drawings and other documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedures manuals. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one exchange with other employees.
- Ability to use basic mathematics and has a working knowledge of trigonometry tables for figuring various angles, radii and chord lengths.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral and diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Graduation and certification from a trade machinist school would be greatly helpful.
This Job Description was created in part by the Avitus Group through our Job Advertising Service. Avitus Group is a Professional Services organization focused on helping companies Simplify, Strengthen, and Grow their business. This Advertisement is a part of our Recruiting Services as we assist our clients with finding the right talent for their hiring needs. This job opportunity is for and with the client listed above and not with the Avitus Group
We are looking for a machinist to work the 12am-8am shift.
- Plans machining by studying work orders, blueprints, engineering plans, materials, specifications
- Operates machine tools such as lathes, milling machines and grinders to produce parts
- Programming and running CNC mills
- Review electronic or written blueprints or specifications for a job
- Maintains specifications by taking measurements
- Troubleshoot equipment
- Maintains equipment by completing preventative maintenance
- Documents actions by completing production and quality logs
- Other duties as assigned
- Intermediate math skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to read blueprints
- Understand computer software programs such as CAD
- Ability to work independently
- Experience with machine tools such as lathes, milling machines and grinders
Bedford Industries offers its employees a competitive total rewards package both professionally and personally. Below are a few of the benefits that we offer to full-time employees.
- Medical Insurance (traditional and HSA)
- Dental Insurance
- Company Paid Life Insurance Employee, Spouse and Children
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Flexible Spending Account
- 401k + Employer Match
- Profit Sharing
Work and Life
- Competitive Pay
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Holidays
- Sick Time
- Tuition Reimbursement
- On-site Wellness Center and Fitness Classes
In addition to our total rewards package, we offer a great, casual work environment where our employees play a large part in the development and growth of our company. We are forward thinking, innovative and provide cutting edge technology.
Machinist Intern 1
Chevron is one of the world's leading energy companies, with approximately 60,000 employees working in countries around the world. We explore, produce and transport crude oil and natural gas; refine, market and distribute fuels and other energy products; manufacture and sell petrochemical products; generate power; and develop future energy resources, including biofuels and geothermal energy.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of Machinist Intern located in Pascagula, Mississippi through December 15, 2018 at 11:59 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time).
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
Actively support Health, Environment, and Safety processes by accomplishing daily activities within applicable regulations and policies, carrying out duties in an environmentally conscious manner, following safe operating practices as described in the Managing Safe Work and Operational Excellence Management System, and Chevron Way Behaviors.
Partner with local Subject Matter Experts (SME) and Mentor to reinforce training and strengthen competency.
Other duties as assigned.
Must have completed an Associates of Applied Science Technology Degree in Precision Machinery and/or Mechanical Maintenance, a graduation date between December 2018 - December 2019.
Must provide proof of enrollment and graduation date in applicant's online profile.
Must have a 2.5 GPA or higher.
Basic knowledge in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.) and an aptitude for learning new software applications.
Ability and willingness to work weekends and holidays based on assigned work schedule.
Ability to successfully complete a post-offer/pre-placement drug and alcohol screening, background check, physical, functional capacity examination, as well as pre-placement verification of the information and qualifications provided during the selection process.
Must have a valid Driver's License
Graduate of the Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College Precision Machinery and/or Mechanical Maintenance Programs.
Graduate of the Central Gulf Industrial Allaince endorsed College Precision Machinery and/or Mechanical Maintenance Programs.
Familiarity with reliability efforts for a variety of safety, environmental and process related issues.
Familiar with Inside and/or Outside Machinist competencies.
Ability to work effectively and cooperatively with a diverse team of coworkers, contractors, and internal and external customers.
Prefer a GPA of 3.0 or higher.
If selected to participate in the Chevron IAB on-line test, you will be required to take the following battery of tests:
Industrial Information Test
Measures the ability to read, understand, and use information in graphs, charts, tables, and written passages to solve problems.
Mechanical Aptitude Assessment
Measures the ability to apply general mechanical principles to understand and solve problem situations.
Workplace Attitude and Behavior Inventory
Measures personal characteristics important to success in the job applied for.
You will be immediately directed to the testing portal upon submittal of your application, at which point you will have 72 hours to complete the on-line assessment. The duration of the assessment is approximately 2 hours. The assessment can also be accessed from your Chevron profile under "Job Management" or via the link sent to your email.
Your assessment score will be valid for 365 days from the day you complete your on-line assessment.
Chevron's tests are focused on industrial aptitudes. However, Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery (ASVAB) test preparation guides may be helpful in preparation for these tests. Candidates should focus on mechanical aptitude, reading comprehension, understanding information in tables and graphs, and understanding industrial math.
Relocation will not be considered.
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Chevron regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited Visa status for this position.
Regulatory Disclosure for US Positions:
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!