Machinist Supervisor Outside Job Description Sample
Machinist Supervisor - On-Site
Position compensation is based on experience. Our benefits include: Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance 401K Paid Time Off (PTO) Legal Services Annual performance evaluations and service pay increases On-site Human Resources On-site gym Free and close proximity parking Associate perks/gifts Colonna's Shipyard is looking to obtain experienced candidates within our Onsite Machine Shop within our Steel America Division. We are pleased to accept resumes for On-site Machinist Supervisor. This is a full-time position with competitive pay, based on experience, and immediate work within our headquarters in Norfolk, VA, requiring travel within the US and abroad.
Follow company and safety policies and issues by attending and participating in meetings and training sessions
Assign work within the department, monitor work progress to meet work completion standards and goals
Assure a quality product is delivered to the customer by reviewing finished work orders and inspecting product as needed
Monitors team members' production to ensure work processes are in compliance with company standards
Review and monitor labor/productivity logs and reports
Prepares progress reports
Train new team members in safe and proper work techniques and in use of supplies, materials and equipment
Assist in production planning; determine work level volumes and order of priority according to customer needs and demand
Set an example to other team members by demonstrating the proper procedures and processes to follow and leading by example
Use mathematical and mechanical reasoning to solve problems by making calculations to fabricate and repair parts to specification
Prepare for shift by performing machine inspection
Inspect finished work by performing visual examination, measuring part for conformance to specification, signing off on work orders, scribing parts, and placing on skid
Determine order of fabrication for parts by reviewing work order
Perform daily preventive maintenance by checking site glass to determine lubricant is adequate, adding lubricants and documenting checklist
Identify unsatisfactory parts by making visual examination to identify defects or deformities, and correcting defect or rejecting by documenting work order and sending to others for correction
Inform supervisor/manager of problems and operational concerns that arise; participate in trouble shooting and problem resolution
Communicate work flow/productivity to team members on alternate shifts and team leaders as required
Meet with customer/s, attend production meetings
Actively participate in company safety procedures and programs: correct unsafe work practices; follow reporting protocols; participate in hazard identification processes
Fully participate in continuous process improvement and cost control
Performs other duties as assigned within the scope and responsibility required of the job
Use various hand and power tools for the completion of job tasks
Work independently to complete responsibilities
Must have regular, reliable attendance
High school diploma or equivalent
Must be able to read and comprehend blueprints, drawings and other technical trade related documents
Must communicate well, written and verbally
Mechanical ability, manual dexterity, and hand/eye coordination required to perform various projects, per drawings, sketches, and verbal or written instructions
Skilled in the selection, set-up and operation of the appropriate tool(s) for a given type of work
Technical training preferred
Must be able to work effectively with others
Must be a steady, reliable worker
Previous, successful supervisory experience required, a minimum of 5 years preferred
Successful career experience with the machining trade
All applicants must be able to obtain a Rapid Gate due to the location of the job & have OSHA 10 card in hand.
Family These are our CORE VALUES and the guidelines that make us a leader in our industry. We are pleased and confident in stating that our skilled employees are among the most respected experts in the ship repair industry. All resumes are reviewed immediately for consideration. Colonna’s Shipyard and our affiliates are pleased to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. EOE/M/F/DISABILITY/VET ID: 2017-1104 # of Openings: 3 External Company Name: Colonna's Shipyard, Inc. External Company URL: http://www.colonnaship.com/ EEO: - Respect
Family These are our CORE VALUES and the guidelines that make us a leader in our industry. We are pleased and confident in stating that our skilled employees are among the most respected experts in the ship repair industry. All resumes are reviewed immediately for consideration. Colonna’s Shipyard and our affiliates are pleased to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. EOE/M/F/DISABILITY/VET
Machining job shop seeks an individual for the position of Floor Manager.
Must have experience in a machine shop.
We mostly work with aluminum, stainless steel and carbon steel materials on CNC and Manual milling and turning machines.
Qualified candidates would be expected to evaluate blueprints, and estimate labor hours.
Other duties would include supporting floor staff during set up of jobs and helping others interpret blue prints. As well as compiling purchase lists for tooling and other support materials.
Candidates will also be expected to provide input and creating job travelers for the shop floor.
This is a direct hire full time position. Hours: Monday- Thursday 7:00 am- 5:00 pm and Friday 7:00 am- 3:30 pm.
Compensation based on experience.
We offer medical benefits, 401K and more.
temporary and permanent staffing needs since 1980.
We have a variety of opportunities in many diverse fields available. Our ongoing range of assignments, means we can find one that fits your skills, goals, and lifestyle. Uncompromising personalized service to all customers and employees, means you can count on us to help you find the career of your dreams.
We fill many positions on a daily basis that require a variety of skills in the office and light industrial fields.
Machinist Supervisor - Oregon, IL
We have an opening in our R&D Automation team for a Machinist Supervisor at our Oregon, IL facility.
Direct and coordinate the activities of machine shop employees, which includes planning and establishing work schedules, assignments and prioritizing machining jobs.
Coordinate purchasing activities for the department. Manage all quality records associated with the shop and ensure shop safety rules are being followed. Observe work and monitor
CNC Machinist / Supervisor
We are looking for the candidate that will help us take our small well-established aerospace component manufacturing company to the next level.
Responsibilities and Duties
Understands and sets CNC controls to regulate machining factors such as speed, feed, coolant flow, and depth and angle of cut and enters commands to retrieve and input computerized machine control NC code;
Uses tools such as edge finders, indicators, and probes to find machine work offset;
Runs parts that meet engineering specifications and drawing tolerances without supervision;
Reads, understands, and interprets engineering and manufacturing drawings;
Follows instructions on set up sheets and travelers and tracks production time for all steps;
Knows optimal cutting techniques, speeds, and feeds for different materials and cutter types;
Starts and observes machine operation to detect malfunctions or out-of-tolerance machining, and works as a team member to make necessary corrections;
Verifies conformance of finished workpiece to specifications using all types of measuring devices;
Thoroughly inspects first part run and adjusts the machine to hold parts to +/- .001 dimensional accuracy or better if required;
Strives to meet production schedule goals and works with the team to reduce manufacturing time and cost;
Documents actual set-up time and actual run-time on the traveler and in the company data collection system and works with the team to reduce those times;
Ensures part count and data entry is accurate and correct;
Follows good safety practice and company guidelines and promotes those safety practices within the company;
Solves routine problems without supervision and complex problems by working with the team;
Trains & mentors developing CNC Mill machinists and operators to help the company grow by improving employee skills;
Helps the company measure and reduce scrap rate;
Has fluent understanding of G&M code and can edit or programs on the shop floor if required;
Looks for ways to reduce cycle times while still meeting the customer’s quality requirements;
Works with CAM programmers to develop machining strategies for challenging parts; and
Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills
Proven ability to consistently run good parts that meet production standards;
Seven to ten years experience as CNC operator and setup machinist;
Strong skills and aptitude in math;
Familiarity with Fanuc and Haas machine controls and willing to learn older Mitsubishi controls;
Ability to perform basic functions with MS Windows-based computer operating systems;
High school diploma/GED or graduation from certified technical school, or an equivalent number of years of education and production experience;
Must be highly motivated, interested in personal, team and corporate growth and success, and able to work overtime if required; and
Must be fluent in English and be able to communicate verbally and in writing.
Additional Skills and Abilities
Experience with CAD/CAM software and CNC programs a plus;
MasterCam CAD Software knowledge desirable.
Medical insurance coverage; holiday, vacation and personal/sick leave
CNC Machinist: 7 to 10 years
High school or equivalent
- If you feel that you are currently in a position with limited advancement possibility and believe that you can contribute more than your current employer allows you to, then you may be the person that we are looking for.
- Do you have seven to ten years experience and are you now ready to move forward in your career by joining us as a highly skilled CNC machinist, and as we grow, to advance to a supervisory role where you manage and mentor CNC operators and other shop employees?
- We are looking for a person comfortable with collaboration, continuous improvement, and innovation, who is not afraid of change and wants to work with a growing team as a change agent.
- You will be expected to be an active participant in the management and growth of the company.
- It is anticipated that you would derive personal satisfaction from individual, team and corporate success.
- This position is intended to be a growth opportunity.
- To start with, we are looking for the skilled CNC machinist who sets up and operates CNC milling machines to fabricate precision parts per blueprints/drawings and engineering specifications without supervision on several types of CNC milling machines.
- You will work with machine operators who take over the machine when the set-up is complete and you will help to establish check dimensions and requirements for the machine operator to follow.
- It is expected that this work is done in a collaborative environment to manufacture efficiently, too tight tolerances, and to repeatable standards of quality.
- It is anticipated that, over time, this you will take on additional managerial functions, including supervision of other machinists and shop helpers.
Lead Machinist / Machine Shop Supervisor
We an immediate opening for a first shift Machine Shop Supervisor. The first responsibility is to maintain a safe work environment. Next is to provide leadership to a staff of 4-8, comprised of low/medium skilled machinists and to work towards achieving Company goals and objectives. This will require leadership skills, organizational and multitasking abilities where priorities often change as a result of being a made-to-order job shop.
- Managing all people and processes in Machine Shop.
- Communicating and interacting with all personnel levels within company, including sales, engineering, and management, internal and external customers
- Working knowledge of equipment used in a typical job shop machining environment including blue prints, metrology methods, manual and CNC machines, and setup procedures
- Provide direct labor contribution to machining function as time and duties allow
- Create mill, lathe, and Swiss machine programs using G & M-code or Mastercam
- Re-evaluate existing jobs to increase efficiency
- Use ERP system to prioritize jobs, and schedule appropriate personnel
- Design and build work holding based on blueprints and/or solid models
- Documentation of setup procedures and VWI of part production
- Perform or schedule machine maintenance
- Maintain tooling inventory, order all required tools in advance of running jobs
- Train employees to run jobs, using best practices for safety and efficiency
- Track employee efficiency using reports within ERP system
- Use Microsoft Office suite to provide reports to management when necessary, Microsoft Outlook to communicate by e-mail
- Associates or Bachelor's Degree preferred but not required
- 3+ years supervisory experience working with skilled craftsmen and semi-skilled staff
- Evidence of strong leadership, coaching, mentoring skills
- Knowledge and experience supervising the use of CNC and manual mills, lathes, drills is required
- Knowledge and experience supervising machinists in a job shop environment is desirable
- Extensive knowledge of new part program/setup creation
- Mastery of G & M code programming, editing of programs
- Good communication skills, speaking, listening, reading and writing skills
- Must be able to multitask in an environment where priorities are fluid
- Proficiency in the use of Excel, Word and Outlook
With over 50 combined years of experience in the fabricating industry, we can tackle nearly any job you need. Our dedication to our customers shows in the quality of parts we produce.
We offer a full range of benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Short Term & Long Term Disability, IRA and Vacation.
We're a team that sees possibilities, thrills our customers, solves challenges and innovates daily. Sound like you? Join us.
CNC Lead Machinist / Shop Supervisor
Operate and program CNC lathes and mills and manual machining, Build jigs and fixtures. Schedule shop work flow and supervise two machine operators, Purchase supplies and maintain shop equipment.
Supervises machinists in turning and milling. Must be skilled in G-code programming.
Coordinates scheduling work assignments and setting priorities. Experience with 5th axis turn/mill equipment (Preferrably Mori Seiki) machining various metals such as aluminum, steel and stainless steel Hiring and evaluating employees job performance able to interpret blueprints and sketches Able to effectively communicate with employees and management Proficient operating fanuc controls 3-5 years shop supevisor experience Experience interfacing with customers and o/s vendors Computer literate in excel and word Preferred: Auto Cad CMM experience Background in ball screws Espirit Programing Software Caps Programing External Company Name:
Phillips Service Industries inc. External Company URL: www.psi-online.com
CNC Machinist Programmer & Supervisor
We are seeking a CNC Machinist Supervisor and Programmer to join our team! You will help oversee operational activities and ensure excellent quality control. This position requires refined skills with Solidworks, GibbsCam, and machining experience. Programmer is responsible for creating and implementing all codes in both the lathes and mills. Programmer is responsible for ordering all tooling needed to complete the jobs in a timely fashion.
- Oversee and coordinate plant operations and activities
- Program mills and lathes with Solidworks and GibbsCam
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues in a timely fashion
- Load and unload equipment and materials
- Provide innovative solutions to improve plant efficiency
- Supervise 1-4 employees
- Schedule job shop work efficiently
- Conduct routine preventive maintenance on the plant
- Log and record readings for equipment and procedures
- Previous experience in plant operations and machine shop supervision
- Familiarity with tools and equipment including micrometers and calipers
- Must be able to run all equipment (2 mills and 2 lathes)
- Ability to identify material types
- Ability to read blueprints
- Strong troubleshooting and critical thinking skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
We are seeking for Journeymen level Outside Machinist that has experience on boat davits to start soon. This position is responsible for removing, installing, and testing main and auxiliary shipboard equipment including but not limited to Main Reduction Gears, pumps, valves, hydraulic equipment, steam equipment, valves, propellers, bearings, etc. on maritime vessels. The work occurs in various stages of repair and modernization and requiring the ability to operate a wide variety of tools and machinery, and the ability to read and comprehend specifications and drawings. Any interested candidates please review the below job duties and qualifications with a submission of a detailed resume for review.
- Six (6) years of machinist experience, two (2) of which in the maritime environment.
- Valid Driver's License and own transportation
- DBIDS recommended
- Clean Criminal Background (No felonies or misdemeanors)
- Must be able to read and comprehend instructions, drawings, and general correspondence in English.
- Must have comprehensive understanding of ship repair terminology and ship compartment location nomenclature.
- Must be able to write comprehensive Condition Found Reports (CFR) describing the material condition of the ship as it pertains to the assigned work item, and provide recommended corrective action.
- Must be able to work from Process Control Procedures (PCP).
- Must be able to effectively confer job-related information to the structural supervisor and small groups, and provide technical guidance to Helpers and Improvers.
- Must be able to interpret drawings, sketches, tech manuals, and user manuals to the extent necessary to remove, repair, and install equipment.
- Must understand the NAVSEA standard items, especially 009-04 for tests, inspections, and checkpoints; 009-23 for interferences; and 009-24 for blanking and match marks.
- Must have a comprehensive understanding of Lock-out / Tag-out procedures.
- Must understand laser alignment and have an understanding of reverse indicator alignment procedures.
Machinist 4 - Day Shift
Overview Aerojet Rocketdyne is a world-recognized aerospace and defense company specializing in space and defense propulsion products. We are seeking an experienced precision manual Machinist to join our Machine Shop in Redmond, Washington.
This is a day shift position that typically works Mondays-Thursdays from 5:00am to 3:30pm, but candidates must be willing and available to work other shifts or overtime as needed to meet delivery schedules. Note: Relocation assistance is not available for this position. Essential Job Functions (Including % of Time for Each) 100% - Under limited direction of the Machine Shop Supervisor or designee, the Machinist will perform set-ups and machining of close tolerance aerospace hardware on manual lathes and mills. Duties include:
Reading and understanding engineering drawings and blueprints including true positioning and conventional tolerancing.
Reading and following production planning.
Running jobs close to tolerances of +/- .001".
Maintaining a rejection rate of less than 2%.
Using precision measuring instruments to check work.
Other duties as assigned.
Requirements Requires a high school diploma (or equivalent) and 6+ years of close tolerance machining experience (10+ years of experience strongly preferred). Knowledge of machining materials such as aluminum, tool, alloy, carbon steels, stainless steel, titanium, plastics and Inconel is needed. Must understand and be able to use trigonometry.
Requires the willingness and ability to work overtime as necessary. US Citizenship required. Must also be able to satisfy federal government requirements for access to government information, and having dual citizenship may preclude you from being able to meet this requirement. Work Environment/Physical
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle or feel items.
The employee is regularly expected to stand, walk, sit, reach with hands and arms, stoop and kneel. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The employee will need to work near moving mechanical parts and in loud working conditions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to fumes, chemicals or airborne particles. Need help finding the right job? We can recommend jobs specifically for you! We consider the consistent demonstration of positive, cooperative, self-motivated, courteous and professional behavior to be an essential function of every position.
While different positions have different primary areas of responsibility and technical expertise, everyone needs to work as a team, and we expect all employees to contribute as necessary to get the job done. Unless otherwise stated in the requirements section of an individual job listing, our positions require U.S. Citizenship, U.S.
Permanent Residency, or other status as a U.S.
Person as defined by 8 USC 1324b(a)(3). Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability.
Individuals with a disability requiring accommodation during the application and/or theinterview process should e-mail the Human Resources Department at
CategoryManufacturing and Production - Machining
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!