Mail Clerk Job Description Sample
Mail Clerk / Mail Operator
Actively looking for a Mail Operator; the ideal match will be placed with one of our direct clients which is Printing industry.
Client Industry: Printing Industry
Duration: 12 Months
Pay rate: $11.93 per hour
Mail inserters, sorters and finishing equipment in an automated high speed/high volume environment.
Perform charge-back reporting for postage, air express, local delivery, and faxes
Perform production mail labeling/mail merge
Provide mailing address cleanup services (may include use of mail cleansing software)
Coordinate automated and manual processes for finishing and mailing client materials
Implement and maintain distribution and tracking systems
Use of customized software to update/maintain mailing addresses
works independently to process the incoming mail (employee and inmate), inmate kites and other mail room related functions. This assignment is expected to work 40 hours per week.
Monday through Friday, 0600 – 1430 hours. Some flexibility with the work hours may be available.
Competitive applicants must be able to:
· Make judgement decisions regarding prohibited content, safety and security content
· Work independently
· Able to lift boxes weighing up to 30 pounds
· Use hand truck to move mail, books and magazines
· Basic Excel data entry
· Clear and legible handwriting
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
· Retrieve mail (administrative and inmate) from various locations within the facility and apply postage as needed
· Retrieve incoming, inter-office mail from MRJC courthouse
· Sort and deliver incoming administrative mail
· Sort, review and deliver incoming inmate mail, - Review for contraband, safety and security, mail restrictions
· Sort and deliver kites
· Process newspapers, magazines and books for inmates
· Respond to kites and grievances
· File mail related forms
· Log legal mail
· Process money orders for bookkeeping
· Answer phone calls and other customer service inquiries regarding mail
· Perform other duties as assigned within scope and area of special duty assignment.Duration: 2+ Months
Location: Downtown Seattle
Pay: $18.97 per hour
Are you looking for a great opportunity to work for a well-established southern NH defense contractor? This is the position for you! Entry level candidates, with a general understanding of U.S Postal Regulations, will be considered.
Apply today and start your career with a reputable company!
Works with specific written or verbal instructions to receive/deliver company/personal US Post Office mail
Coordinate and expedite material delivered by external and internal carriers. (FedEx, DHL, UPS, Airborne, External Suppliers, Shipping Dept.)
Receive, sort, and distribute all incoming/outgoing interoffice company mail
Inspect, weigh, and affix postage to all outgoing and certified mail
Operate company sorter, mailing machines and scales.
Pick-up and deliver urgently needed material or mail
Assist in planning and assignment of company mailbox numbers
Conduct physical inventory of mail supplies
General understanding of US Postal Regulations
Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds
May use hand truck to move bulk or heavy materials
Must be able to reach a 6 foot sorter
Up to two (2) years related experience
Requires a High School diploma or equivalent
Must have a driver's license and a reliable mode of transportation
U.S Citizenship is required
Remedy Intelligent Staffing is currently hiring for a 2nd shift Mail Clerk for our valued client in Madison East. Apply today to be considered for this great opportunity!
Shift: 2nd Mon-Fri 2 PM to 10:30 PM
- Lift supplies, and shipments of paper.
- Organization skills.
- Ability to walk or stand for long periods of time.
- Bilingual not necessary, but a plus.
- Attention to detail and work in team oriented environment.
Take advantage of flexible hours, a competitive salary, and be a Mail Clerk with one of the fastest-growing healthcare companies in the U.S. Get in NOW, while there is still huge room for growth and career development!
This exciting opportunity will require a Mail Clerk who can provide a high level of service and attention to their clients or patients. If you are a Mail Clerk and you meet the qualifications listed below, please click apply below for consideration
- Process USPS compliant presort letter mailings
- Operate production letter insertion equipment and production printers
- Stock supplies, paper, envelopes, trays and sleeves
- Perform other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or GED
- Ability to lift 50 lbs. (E.g. boxes of paper and other heavy office items/equipment)
- Computer skills: MS Office Knowledge (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Competitive salary: Up to $ 13.00 per hour (depending on experience)
- Benefits offered, Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Growth Opportunity
- Fun and positive work environment
If you are interested in being considered for the Mail Clerk position, please click the Apply button below!
- Receives, opens, sorts, and processes incoming mail and documents.
- Separates mail and other materials accordingly and reviews for quality.
- Routes documents.
- Responsible for quality control when preparing documents.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Education: Minimum high school diploma or equivalent.
- Experience: 6 months experience in an office role preferred.
We are currently looking for professional, polished, HIGH ENERGY individuals to support our client in Foxborough, MA!
Experience in corporate mail rooms is preferred but we will also consider high energy people with recent retail stock room or shipping experience. This is a great opportunity for people looking to transition into a corporate office environment.
· Perform the initial rough and fine sorts of incoming mail in the mail room
· Sort inter-office mail to be redistributed onto the floors
· Conduct mail runs at scheduled times throughout the day
· Deliver packages directly to employees during mail runs
· Obtain signature upon delivery of package
· Pick up outgoing packages upon request from employees
· Make the final mail/packages pick-ups from the floors at the end of the day
· Wrap and pack outgoing packages
· Process outgoing packages for courier and pouch pick-up
· Sort and meter outgoing mail
Applicants for the role of Mailroom Clerk must meet the following criteria:
· Exceptional communication skills
· Strong interpersonal skills (professional, customer service driven)
· Willingness to take ownership of assignments and follow though
· Detail oriented and can follow directions
· Flexible but focused
· Ability to interact professionally with people at different levels, including executives
· Professional, neat appearance
· Can work in a fast-paced environment
· Ability to prioritize workload
· Must be able to lift 50+ lbs consistently
· Must have basic computer skills
Dress code is business casual.
Candidates must clear a criminal background check and drug testing.
For more than 30 years, America's leading companies have discovered they can better compete and win by outsourcing key support functions while giving accomplished and effectual experts a gratifying and limitless career path.
Direct Mail Clerk
We are growing! It is an exciting time at Intech Printing & Direct Mail INC. We are seeking an experienced Direct Mail Clerk to join our team.
This position requires a minimum of 3 years experience in the mailing industry - specifically in a production related capacity.
Must be detail oriented with the ability to multitask. Must be comfortable working in a fast paced environment and meeting critical deadlines on a daily basis.
Previous operating experience of ink jet and inserting equipment is required along with a detailed knowledge of the USPS rules and regulations.
- Ability to stand for an eight-hour shift.
- Ability to lift at least 50 pounds periodically. Some heavier lifting may be necessary.
- Ability to speak, read and communicate effectively in English.
- Have an uncompromising attention to detail to produce error free work.
- Mechanical aptitude
- Have Windows, Excel, and other MS Office skills.
- Previous experience with industry standard presort software is a plus.
Intech Printing & Direct Mail, Inc so much more than just a printing company
What We Can Offer You
Positive Teamwork Environment with Dedicated Customer Service Support
Full Integrated Proprietary Technology Solutions to Aid Your Sales Activities
Sales ‘Dashboard’ (Browser-based for Remote Access)
Customer & Contact Management Automation to Aid in Day-to-Day Communication
Estimate Reporting Tools to Measure Win Ratios, Monitor Status & Aid Follow-up Efforts
Sales Reporting Tools to Measure Past & Present Revenue Trends
Project Estimating Calculator for Immediate Pricing
Real-Time Job Tracking & Scheduling to Eliminate Wasted Time
What We Can Offer Both You AND Your Customers:
Fully Automated Website Which Includes:
24/7 Customer Access
Browser-based File Uploads and Downloads
Fully Automated PDF Proofing System
Detailed Estimate & Job History Reporting
Editable Company, Contact and Shipping Address Information
Fully Integrated UPS WorldShip Tracking of ALL Ground and Air Shipments
Real-time USPS Confirm Service Mail Tracking with Custom Reporting Services
Online Inventory Management and Automated Fulfillment Services
Online Payment Processing Complete with Invoicing History
Office / Mail Clerk 1
Summary: The candidates will be responsible for sorting mail and organizing mail. The main functions include sorting checks, keeping payroll records, taking inventory, and distributing mail. One will act as an information and communication distributor for the office.
Major Job Duties and
Communicate with customers, employees, and other individuals to answer questions, disseminate or explain information, and address complaints Answer telephones, direct calls and take messages Compile, copy, sort, and file records
Mailroom / Mail / Mail Clerk / Mail Sorter
Candidate should have some experience working in Mail sorting or Mail processing. He/She should be good in customer service. Please call me at 425-605-2348 or you can send your resume to sakshi.nigamacsicorp.com
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!