Mailing Machine Operator Job Description Sample
Mailing Machine Operator
Mon. thru Fri. with overtime on Saturday. Inexperienced and experienced operators needed ASAP.
Will operate inserters, inkjet printers and folders. We offer competitive wages, a full benefits package and casual work environment.EOE Drug screening required.
Mailing Machine Operator Trainee
The primary purpose of this role is to learn to operate a mail inserting machine that mechanically inserts material into an envelope and/or an Ink Jet that images an address on a mail piece destined for the USPS mail stream. The operator sets up each job according to the job specifications and maintains established production standards. The position requires the operator be detail orientated and have a strong mechanical aptitude. This is a first shift position located in Waunakee, Wisconsin. Duties, Responsibilities & Abilities:
Interpret and follow direction from a PrintStream work ticket
Mechanical aptitude to set up and operate: 6 station Bell & Howell inserter or a similar model from another manufacturer, postage meter and tray banding equipment
Mechanical aptitude to set up and operate: Video Jet Ink Jet equipment or a similar model from another manufacturer and tray banding equipment
Ability to work in a fast paced production environment
Ability to stand for up to 8 hours
Ability to lift up to 10 lbs. repetitively
Ability to occasionally lift up to 30 lbs.
Ability to bend repetitively
Ability to work well with co-workers in a team environment
Ability to operate a computer based insert matching system
Support safety practices including the handling of and disposal of hazardous chemicals
Ability to understand specific customer and quality related job processes and detail requirements
- Perform preventative maintenance and routine repairs Skills & Educational
Prior print shop and/or mail house experience a plus
General knowledge of US postal regulations
High School education or equivalent professional experience Requisition ID: 2018-12102 External Company Name: Telephone and Data Systems Inc. External Company URL: www.tdsinc.com
Mailing Machine Operator
Growing employee-owned company in the Greenville, South Carolina area looking for an experienced Mailing Machine Operator. This position will require an individual that has experience in operating many types of production mailing equipment. Must be a team-oriented person, willing to work hard with other members of the company. A true opportunity to grow with a company that wants you to grow with them! Email resume to email@example.com.
1St Shift Ink Jet Operator For Printing & Mailing Department
· Searching for experienced full-time, motivated individuals to work a 1st shift position in a fast-paced, printing & mailing production facility. This position is Monday - Friday from 7:00AM to 3:00PM. Pay rate will be based on experience and will range from $12/hr to $18/hr.
· Video Jet Ink Jet: Videojet’s Crescendo Controller Software, Twin BX 6600 Print Heads, Cheshire 7000 base with power bump & turn feature and twin tabbers.
· Pitney Bowes 6 pocker Flowmaster RS inserter
· Qualified applicants will have a high school diploma or equivalent of 4 years mailing experience, including mail sorting.
· Computer knowledge
· Reliable transportation and willingness to work overtime as needed are a must.
· Neat and detail oriented and able to maintain a high level of quality control and machine maintenance.
· Ability to multi-task and be a self-starter is a plus.
· Standing and material handling 100% of the time on a daily basis.
· Lifting up to 40 pounds daily.
· Close vision (at 20 inches or less) for quality control standards.
Printing & Mailing Operations Warehouse Clerk - 3112
Length of Assignment: Until the end of
Schedule: Monday- Friday / 3:00pm- 11:30pm
Sales Trainee FOR Hasler-Neopost Mailing Systems - Santa Rosa/Napa
We are seeking a SALES TRAINEE FOR HASLER-NEOPOST MAILING SYSTEMS - SANTA ROSA/NAPA/NORTH BAY AREA to join our team! You will resolve customer questions and offer solutions to drive company revenue.
Looking for a resident of the Santa Rosa/Napa/North Bay Area.
Must be a self starter and independent!
- Present and sell company products and services to new and existing customers
- Prospect and contact potential customers
- Reach agreed upon sales targets by the deadline
- Resolve customer inquiries and complaints
- Set follow-up appointments to keep customers aware of latest developments
- Create sales material to present to customers
- Previous experience in sales, customer service, or other related fields
- Preferred experience in Mailing Equipment Sales
- Ability to build rapport with clients
- Strong negotiation skills
- Deadline and detail-oriented
$35,000 - $50,000/yr. potential 1st year!
Plus Commission- Plus Bonuses- Plus Auto Allowance
Please visit us at our website: www.postagemeter.com
Posting Summary: University of Virginia Printing & Copying Services is hiring a part time Mail Center Operator. Experience working within a bulk mail center or printing production facility required. The Mail Center Operator will set up, operate and maintain ink-jet, inserting, folding and digital envelope equipment. They will also prepare finished printing materials for shipping / delivery and fill in as needs dictate with the print facility. This is a part time wage position 3-5 days a week, 4-6 hours a day. The University of Virginia is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Women, Minorities, Veterans and Persons with Disabilities are encouraged to apply.
/AA Statement: The University of Virginia is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
If degree or equivalent experience preferred
, please specify:(Entries to the right will appear in the posting for this position.) Experience working in a mail center, setting up inkjets, tabbers, inserters, driving a forklift and general warehouse experience.
, Skills and Abilities: Good mechanical aptitude with ability to learn, operate and maintain equipment. Organizational skills with the ability to prioritize jobs and track multiple pieces for individual mailings. Interpersonal relational skills to interface with clients and vendors as needed. Work well in a team environment. Ability to lift boxes, trays, and sacks weighing up to 50 lbs. Required Applicant Documents: CV / ResumeCover LetterContact information for 3 References - name, email, phone
Department:* Department of Printing and Copying
If any experience is required, please specify kind of experience:* Experience in mail center operations. mechanical background, computer literate. Good math skills
Closing Date:* Open Until Filled
If any experience is preferred, please specify kind of experience:* Experience operating mailing equipment in a mail preparation operation. If yes, what is the preferred License or Certification.: Forklift certified. FLSA Exemption Status: Non Exempt
Is this position funded in whole or in part by the American Recovery & Reinvestment Act (Stimulus Package)?:* No
Posting Date:* 01-29-2018 Location: Charlottesville
Is this position eligible for an Alternate Work Schedule?:* Yes
Employment Posting Category:* University Staff E-mail a Friend: jobs.virginia.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=82518 Anticipated Hiring Range: $18,965 - $28,560 Preferred EducationWhat level of education is preferred to successfully perform the duties and responsibilities of the position? Choose one.: High School Diploma or Equivalent Preferred
Number of Months/Year:* 12 Drug Testing Required?(Typically positions involved in patient contact, mass transportation or law enforcement are included): No
Position Type:* Hourly Wage
Posting for UVA Employees Only:* No
Required Computer Applications:* Basic computer skills and use of Microsoft Office. Area of Interest: Printing Operations
Employment Conditions:* Criminal HistorySexual Offender RegistryInternational SearchDrug TestDMV Licensure
If yes, what is the required License or Certification.:* Valid Virginia driver's license
Type of Application:(required to apply for this posting):* Staff Application
Required ExperienceWhat is the minimum level of relevant experience required to successfully perform the duties and responsibilities of the position? Choose one.:* Some - up to 4 years
Posting Number:* 0621490 Organization (Position Organization): 20505 BU-Printing and Copy Services
Preferred ExperienceWhat is the minimum level of relevant experience preferred to successfully perform the duties and responsibilities of the position? Choose one.:* Some - up to 4 years
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:* Experience in a bulk mail center operations. Number of Work Hours Per Week:(format: xx.xxxx): 29 Working Title: Mailing Specialist
Is this position eligible for Telecommuting?:* No
Required EducationWhat is the minimum level of formal education required to successfully perform the duties and responsibilities of the position? Choose one.:* High School Diploma or Equivalent Required
Manufacturing - Machine Operator - Plastics Machine Operator - Molding
Job Title: Operator
Location: Delano, MN
Reports to: Shift Supervisor
Status: Non-Exempt, Hourly
The employees in this position are responsible for the overall operations of the machine and the manufacturing of good quality parts.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Sets up and operates molding machine in a safe and efficient manner.
- Able to meet scrap and production goals.
- Ensures quality of parts coming off machine.
- Reads and follows the molding process sheets, correcting any errors immediately, in writing, to their supervisor or lead person.
- Continually communicates with their lead person, maintenance, quality control and/or supervisor whenever they have questions or need assistance regarding any of the requirements of their job.
- Keeps their work area clean and organized. Places all parts to be trimmed in crates or on pallets.
- Fills out production reporting paperwork in an accurate and timely manner.
- Communicates effectively with others.
- Keeps productive materials appropriately stocked.
- Communicates effectively with prior and subsequent shifts.
- Performs all aspects of the job in accordance with the safety standards set forth by Solar Plastics.
- Other responsibilities as assigned by the Shift Supervisor and/or other members of management.
(The essential duties and responsibilities will have been satisfactorily completed when the following are demonstrated) Note: This only pertains to the essential duties and responsibilities of the position and is not all inclusive of the entire performance evaluation process. Acceptable performance is based on first time quality of molded parts, machine productivity and work area cleanliness and organization.
Copier/Scanner/Fax, Computer, Phone System, Welding Equipment, Lathe and Mill Operation, Hand and Power Tools, Forklift, Ladders
- understand, remember, and apply oral and/or written instructions or other information.
- understand problems, collaborate and explore alternative solutions.
- organize thoughts and ideas into understandable terminology.
- communicate with individuals face to face; requires ability to hear and speak effectively.
- express or exchange ideas by means of the spoken word, communicating orally with others accurately and quickly.
- orally and in writing, communicate technical information.
- add, subtract, multiply, divide and to record, balance, and check results for accuracy
- be able to see and hear 8+ hours per day.
- have visual acuity to perform activities such as running production machines, etc.
- possess good manual and finger dexterity (working with small bolts, nuts, screws, adding inserts, flushing out parts, flaming parts, etc.).
- sit, stand and walk up to 8+ hours per day.
- work at a rapid speed, twist, bend, push, pull, carry, stoop, reach and grasp 8+ hours per day for activities such as working on equipment, making repairs, etc.
- work in confined, tight spaces. Requires continuous finger movement and keyboard usage for carrying and using equipment, tools, etc. Extensive wrist movement is required.
- lift 50+ pounds, unaided on a regular basis. (hoists are available and should be used for parts and molds that exceed this weight level).
- use hand tools.(i.e, power drills, hammers, routers, etc).
- Exposed to heat, cold and potential internal temperature changes up to 8+ hours per day. Exposed to outside working environment when salvaging parts, roof and grounds work. Exposed to solvents when part cleaning, acids/corrosives when cleaning floor, dust, dirt, fumes/vapors/gases from plastics processes, ovens and propane tanks.
This position works independently 8+ hours per day and occasionally works directly with others. Must be able to work the hours/shift required. Ability to work additional hours, as needed to accommodate issues that may arise in the 24-hour operation.
This position exists in a production and shop environment, with occasional need to enter the office.
Personal Protection Equipment
- Eye safety glasses necessary to enter production area.Hearing protection must be worn when excessive noise is present on the production floor and in the shop.
Solar Plastics, LLC provides employees with a wide variety of benefits that include:
Life, AD&D & Dependent Life Insurance
Long-Term and Short-term Disability
Profit Sharing/401(k) Plan with Matching Contributions
Employee Assistance Plan
Automatic Payroll Deposit Availability
Mail Machine Operator
Mail Machine Operator This Job was posted over 30 Days Ago on 05-09-2015 Find latest similar jobs Sign up for similar job alert! Job ID : 7105 Company : State of Iowa Location : walnut, IA Type : Contract Duration : 6 Months Rate : Market Salary : Open Status : Active Openings : 1 Posted : 2 years ago Job Seekers, Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org or Call: (202) 719-0200 Ext: 127 Mail Machine Operator for Office of the Chief Information Officer printing area This position will work from 7:30 - 5:30 with 1 hour lunch. Skill Required / Desired Amount of Experience Ability to run large 6 pocket mail inserter Required Must be able to lift 50lbs repeatedly in a day, stoop, bend and twist without issue Required Must be able to read English, do simple math and have a mathematical aptitude Required Muar be able to Tray mail, band mail trays, keep in zip code order Required Must be able to work on their feet for 8 hours Desired Must be able to move APC carts that are full of mail Required Run 40,000 mail pieces per day up to 40 different print jobs set ups Required
Mail Room/Copy Machine Operator - SE Portland
Qualifications: Requires high school diploma or GED and 1-2 years of related work experience. Must be able to commute to inner SE Portland. Must pass a drug and background screen.
Schedule: Monday-Friday 8am-4:30pm Pay rate is $12 an hour!
Provides operations functions in one or all of the following areas: operates high volume duplicating equipment, performs associated copying tasks, operates high volume document scanning equipment, operate high volume mail processing equipment. Ships and receives product and supplies, sorts, distributes and handles incoming and outgoing mail/faxes, as well as applies necessary postage.
Provides copier maintenance of customer site equipment. May also perform one of the following at entry level: bindery, QC and final check, housekeeping, file services, etc. JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Runs high volume copy machines and performs binding and finishing work. Operate high volume scanners. Operate image handling software.
Operate MS Office and Email systems. Ensures convenience copiers are working properly, checking for quality via daily inspections. Clears paper jams and informs technicians of specific problems.
Maintains records for management reports and inventories of supplies needed. Distributes mail to company personnel and/or designated drop-off points as required. Submits equipment service calls required by customer.
May perform filing duties in conjunction with specific customer requests. Delivers completed jobs to pre-determined customer locations within the site. Maintains daily meter and service logs.
May travel between customer s buildings. Answers customer questions regarding status or feasibility of job requests. Ensures upkeep of convenience copier areas by keeping neat and well stocked.
Performs duties related to the shipping and/or receiving of materials. Uses shrink-wrap machine, paper cutter, hole driller, bindery equipment, jogger, tape machine, stackers, electric stapler and scales in completion of various jobs contracted. Uses all copier equipment, calculator, fax machine, postage meter and some PC.
Performs filing duties, which may include `purging and archiving old documents. Performs other duties as assigned. Kelly Services is a Fortune 500Â® company headquartered in Troy, Michigan.
We provide employment to more than 750,000 employees annually, with skills including office services, accounting, engineering, information technology, law, science, marketing, light industrial, education, and health care. Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer.
? At Kelly Services ® , we work with the best. Our clients include 95 of the Fortune 100 ™ companies, and more than 70,000 hiring managers rely on Kelly annually to access the best talent to drive their business forward. If you only make one career connection today, connect with Kelly.
® As a workforce advocate for over 70 years, we are proud to directly employ nearly 500,000 people around the world and have a role in connecting thousands more with work through our global network of talent suppliers and partners. Revenue in 2016 was $5.3 billion.
Visit kellyservices.com and connect with us on Facebook , LinkedIn and Twitter . Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer including, but not limited to, Minorities, Females, Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law. at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!