Maintenance Mechanic Job Description Sample
Responsibilities of the Maintenance Mechanic:
- Assist with capital projects for installation of new equipment
- Repair, maintain, and troubleshoot machinery to ensure continuous production operations
- Preform scheduled PM's
- Troubleshoot / problem solving activities and maintenance repair to maximize efficiencies and limit downtime
- Maintain and repair packaging equipment in operation, which includes packaging equipment, pumps, motors, conveyors, presses, PLC’s, VFD’s and similar equipment.
- Maintain and repair electrical and mechanical issues
- Be proactive and run projects to ensure operation runs smoothly.
- Work with a highly skilled, well tenured team of 20+ mechanics and electricians
- They offer overtime, growth potential, great benefits and a place to expand ones skill set and grow their career.
- The skillset will vary from entry level to senior mechanics / electricians.
- Prefer Associates or other technical discipline or an equivalent combination of training and experience
- 2+ years of manufacturing maintenance or equivalent military maintenance experience required
- Skilled with electrical and or mechanical troubleshooting
- Able to check a motor, a fuse, and troubleshoot industrial equipment
- Self-motivated, positive attitude and punctual
- Understand the importance of PM’s
- Preferred experience:
- Demonstrated experience with Allen Bradley PLC controllers and variance frequency drives (VFD’s). Programming experience is a plus
- Experience troubleshooting any of the following is preferred: motors, conveyors, packaging equipment, mixers, slicers, cutters, cartoners, weighers, pumps, VFD's, robotics, hydraulics, pneumatics, steam traps, cooling tunnels, ammonia, valves, gaskets, vacuum systems, flanges, and hoses, waste water treatment.
- Able to fabricate basic parts
- Able to read blueprints and schematics
- Automation and process control
- Installation of new equipment
This is a 2nd shift position - 2:45pm-11:15pm. The Maintenance Mechanic maintains, diagnoses, and repairs industrial machinery, equipment, facilities, and systems including mechanical, electrical/electronic, hydraulic and pneumatic.
- Evaluates performance of machine and equipment to determine condition of operation
- Diagnoses machine and equipment malfunctions affecting mechanical, electrical/electronic, hydraulic, and pneumatic systems using appropriate testing equipment and procedures
- Visually inspects and precisely measures parts to detect wear, misalignment and//or other problems, using appropriate tools
- Removes and replaces worn or defective parts in machinery and equipment and makes necessary adjustments
- Repairs broken or worn parts when practical or manufacture new parts using metalworking equipment
- Work with production to maintain maximum efficiencies to reduce machine down time
- Purchases replacement parts for machinery and equipment and prepares the necessary purchasing documentation
- Installs, modifies, and repairs industrial automation and control systems, and programs industrial computers and robots
- Assist the engineering department with the design and fabrication of prototype and production equipment modifications and fixtures
- General plant maintenance and up keep and repair
- Work with outside contractors on projects
- Responsible for aiding in own self-development by being available and receptive to all trainings made available by the company
- Plans daily activities within the guidelines of company policy, job description and Supervisor’s instructions in such a way as to maximize personal output
- Responsible for keeping own immediate work area in a neat and orderly condition to ensure safety of self and co-workers. Will report any unsafe conditions and/or practices to the appropriate supervisor and Human Resources. Will immediately correct any unsafe conditions as the best of own ability.
- 3 years related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
- High School Diploma Required – college degree is preferred
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
- HVAC systems certification, RJF de-coupled 1 Certification, Lean or Six Sigma Training Certification in Industrial Electrical, PLC Programming or equivalent experience is preferred
Machine Repair Technician
The Machine Repair Technician is responsible for maintaining and repairing of production equipment, fork lifts, Tennent floor washers, building maintenance, and any related maintenance activities to support production requirements.
Responsibilities of a Machine Repair Technician:
- Perform troubleshooting and repair of C.N.C. and conventional machines to meet production requirements which include electrical, electronic, hydraulic, pneumatic, and mechanical repairs and installations.
- Perform preventative maintenance of all production machines and equipment per the preventative maintenance schedule and procedures.
- Perform preventative maintenance on company owned fork lift trucks and Tennent floor washers. Perform troubleshooting and all minor repairs as required.
- Perform building maintenance as required to include electrical, mechanical, plumbing, carpentry, and miscellaneous maintenance.
- Follows all general safety rules, procedures and regulations.
Requirements of a Machine Repair Technician:
- Minimum high school diploma
- 2 years of experience in a manufacturing environment repairing production machinery.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in fork lift maintenance and repair.
- Must be capable of reading electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, and electronic schematics.
- Must be capable of reading technical manuals and diagrams.
Compensation of a Machine Repair Technician:
- $18-$30 per hour based on experience
Schedule of a Machine Repair Technician:
- Full Time Position
- Monday- Friday Day Shift 7am-5:30pm Overnight Shift 6pm-4:30am
- Some Saturdays may be required
This job requires (or may require) a criminal background check. Convictions and pending felony charges are not an absolute bar to employment and will only be considered if required by law or there is a substantial relationship to the circumstances of the particular job or if bond ability is at issue.
LaJoy Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Maintenance Mechanic320 Parker StSpringfield, Massachusetts, 01129United States Springfield, MA – Corrugated Packaging DivisionMaintenance Mechanic, 3rd Shift– Springfield, MAWestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace.
WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com. The Opportunity:Come work as a Maintenance Mechanic at a growing company with very competitive pay and benefits, with opportunities to advance and learn alongside accomplished leaders in the Corrugated Packaging industry An attractive rate of pay reflecting skills, competencies and potential. The range for this position is $18 to $22 an hour with shift differential, license premiums and an attractive benefits package
Provide resolution to mechanical and electrical problems of machinery. Complete scheduled preventative maintenance to keep our plant running at peak performance.Help ensure that all company standards and customer commitments (safety, quality, production, cost, on-time delivery) are met
You will work in a collaborative work environment where safety is our priority How You Will Impact WestRock:Focus on maintaining equipment in working order through preventive maintenance and troubleshooting mechanical failures in a fast-paced environment
Enforce plant safety regulations and encourage employees to become safety conscious
Be part of a world-class maintenance team What You Need to Succeed:Basic working knowledge of mechanics, pneumatics, hydraulics and electricity
Industrial Experience a plus, Corrugated experience is a plus Experience with BHS Equipment highly preferred
Available to work 3rd shift and weekends
Strong focus on Safety and QualityExcellent communication skills
High School Diploma or equivalent required; college degree or technical certification is a plus What we offer: Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunitiesA career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work. How to Applyhttps://www.westrock.com/careers #MA #militaryjobs*CBWRK WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.
WestRock, a large multi-national packaging company is seeking highly motivated individuals to work in our state-of-the-art manufacturing facility located in Lake Mary Florida. We are seeking to fill the following position:
Maintenance Mechanic "B"
2nd Shift 1:30pn to 10:00pm
WestRock prides itself on delivering outstanding product quality to its customers while providing opportunity and job satisfaction to its employees. WestRock is an equal opportunity employer that offers the following:
Competitive Salary and Full Time Employment
Excellent working environment
On the job training- No experience required for some positions
Employee and Dependent Health, Dental, Life, STD, LTD and AD&D.
Paid vacations and 10 paid holidays
We are looking to invest our time and efforts for the right individual who is willing to work hard, be reliable and give 100% effort on the job. This is an excellent career opportunity for the right individual that is willing to make their mark with our dynamic & growing company
POSITION TITLE: MAINTENANCE MECHANIC "B"
REPORTS TO: MAINTENANCE SUPERVISOR
Conducts, maintains, tests and repairs electrical/electronic, mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic systems and components. Applies knowledge of mechanical and electrical principles in determining equipment malfunctions and applies skills in restoring equipment to operation. Provides skilled mechanical and electrical/electronic support to all areas of Manufacturing.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Troubleshoots and repairs mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic and electrical/electronic equipment including but not limited to programmable controls, numeral controls, power supplies, drives, gauges and test equipment.
Installs, starts up and shuts down equipment in accordance with company safety procedures for machine activation and shutdown and in line with OSHA requirements.
Advises operators and line mechanics of operation procedures and requirements for working safely with electrical/electronic and mechanical equipment and components.
Informs appropriate management and line mechanics of potential electrical/mechanical problems and inherent dangers involved.
Maintains company-required performance and maintenance records for identified equipment.
Performs preventive maintenance functions as directed.
Assists maintenance personnel with technical troubleshooting.
Performs other duties as required.
3-5 years of proven experience in the electrical/electronics, mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic fields are required and the ability to demonstrate high proficiency in these areas.
Knowledge of electrical/ electronic components and equipment including the use of special instruments for diagnostic purposes.
Experience and ability to work in a fast-paced manufacturing environment.
Must be able to work well with all levels of personnel whether individually or in a team environment, and especially must be able to interface and communicate with line operators in order to assist with repairs and troubleshooting.
Willing to work second shift and overtime and weekends as required.
Must be able to assist with hydraulic and pneumatic repairs.
Must have the ability to weld all position for repair purposes as well as fabrication.
Must have knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
Computer experience/operation and PLC programming are necessary.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or GED.
Successfully demonstrate all Class B qualifications.
Two-year technical degree or accredited apprenticeship program or the equivalent in a technical field is required.
Candidates are PREFERRED who offer the following:
Prior work experience in the corrugated industry
Able to read and follow instructions on factory masters.
Able to read a tape measure with speed and accuracy. Able to calculate figures and amounts such as percentages, measurement, volume and rate. Able to apply concepts of high school math.
REASONING ABILITY Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or graphic form. Ability to deal with problems involving one or more concrete variables in standardized situations.
The individual must have a working knowledge of the following:
Equipment design and capabilities that can be translated into efficient operation.
Product layouts and production specifications
Product quality specifications
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
May be required to maintain a current Lift Truck Operator License and/or other appropriate certification to work in certain areas or on certain equipment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
The performance of the employee will be measured as follows:
Operating standards - the employee will need to meet or exceed the Operating Standards in the areas of quality, cost, safety, customer satisfaction and productivity. Such standards will be set annually and communicated to the employee.
Personal growth - while the company will provide the tools to assist the employee to grow professionally the responsibility for moving forward lies with the individual. Each year there will be goals developed and agreed to by the employee and his/her superior.
Employee relations - through observations the employee will be evaluated regarding his/her behaviors associated with appropriate human interaction, respect and communication.
Creativity - this will be evaluated by how active the employee is in participating in advancing the business through new and innovative ideas.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
United States of America
Job Posting End Date:
November 29, 2018
Second Shift (United States of America)
The primary role of the Maintenance Mechanic is to be a support person for all internal customers requiring assistance with production, quality, or facility equipment. The Mechanic will comply with Good Manufacturing Practices, Safety Policies and Procedures, and all Quality System procedures while performing any duties assigned to ensure the effectiveness, efficiency, and quality of products, processes, and the work environment
The Maintenance Mechanic must identify, troubleshoot, and repair problems in electrical, mechanical, and automated systems. They must be able to run tests, isolate problems, remove/replace failed components, determine failure modes by studying worn components, and perform other tasks as necessary.
Professional communication is a key skill required for success and is expected whether interacting with supervisors, working with peers, or mentoring operators on machine operation. This position is an individual contributor role with no direct reports.
Function Specific Activities:
2nd Shift: Monday-Friday; 2:30 - 11:00 PM
Associates Degree or equivalent military/technical/apprentice experience
4 years of industrial manufacturing maintenance experience
Basic computer skills to include Outlook and Excel
Working knowledge of hand and power tools
Communicate clearly in English in a noisy manufacturing environment using radios
Diagnosis machine conditions through hearing, feeling, and seeing
Read, write, speak, and comprehend English
Work extended hours, weekends, and holidays
Operate forklifts and other powered equipment including scissor lifts at up to 32 feet in height
Lift odd shaped material weighing 50 pounds safely from floor to waist height
Move material weighing 50 pounds distances of 10 feet or more
Push and pull a force of 80 pounds
Stand, sit, squat, walk, and bend over at the waist
Work for extended periods of time in temperature extremes for up to 12 hours daily
Wear all required PPE which may include hair and beard nets, hard hat, face shield, steel toe boots, rubber or leather gloves, safety glasses, hearing protection, or any other task specific equipment
- Knowledge of Programable Logic Controls (Allen-Bradley)
- Ability to weld (MIG, TIG, or Arc) and fabricate is a plus
Years of Experience:
- GROWTH MINDSET: Demonstrates curiosity. Welcomes failure as a learning opportunity.
- SMART RISK: Makes bold decisions/recommendations.
- EXTERNALLY FOCUSED: Understands the upstream and downstream implications of his/her work. Tracks and shares external trends, best practices or ideas.
- PERFORMANCE DRIVEN AND ACCOUNTABLE: Has high performance standards. Outperforms her/his peers.
- FAST/AGILE: Removes barriers to move faster. Experiments and adapts. Thrives under pressure and fast pace.
- EMPOWERED: Brings solutions instead of problems. Challenges the status quo. Has the courage to take an unpopular stance.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Maintenance mechanic will perform preventive maintenance, standard rebuilds, welding, precision measurements and all other job related duties to ensure the paper mill runs as efficiently as possible.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
Provides a consistent and reliable service to all customers with a sense of urgency as required.
Enforces and follows plant safety regulation including housekeeping, safe operating conditions and safe work practice.
Perform routine equipment repairs and preventive maintenance activities.
Operating equipment such as hoists, man-lifts, rigging equipment, cranes and fork lifts.
Installing new and rebuilt equipment as required.
Working in a team environment interacting with other maintenance employees, management personnel, production operators, engineers and contractors.
Following work plans and schedules, and read P&ID's / mechanical drawings.
Understanding the goals of the maintenance department and work toward their successful achievement.
Have a good working understanding of precision measuring equipment.
Ensures operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements on motors, pneumatic equipment, conveyor systems, and production machinery; following diagrams, sketches, operation manuals, manufacturer's instructions, and engineering specifications; troubleshooting malfunctions.
Locates sources of problem by observing mechanical devices in operation; listening for problems; using precision measuring and testing instruments.
Knowledge of millwright, pipe fitting skills, with welding skills in the pulp and paper industry or similar industrial environment.
Determines changes in dimensional requirements of parts by inspecting used parts; using rules, calipers, micrometers, and other measuring instruments.
Attend any seminars and or short courses to stay current with the continuous change in technology.
Perform similar and related duties.
Two (2) to five (5) years of full time experience as a general mechanic; a combination of millwright, pipe fitting skills, with welding skills in the pulp and paper industry or similar industrial environment.
Willing to work in a hot, humid, cold and noisy industrial environment.
Willing to perform repetitive and physically demanding tasks for extended periods (lifting, walking, climbing, pushing, twisting, and stopping)
Willing to wear necessary Personal Protective Equipment (safety glasses, ear plugs, steel toe boot, etc.
Willing to maintain strict adherence to safety rules and regulations.
Ability to work any shift, to include but not limited to: rotating shifts, variable start times, evenings, weekends, holidays, and/or overtime.
Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
Computer knowledge and experience in CMMS
Excellent safety record and commitment to safety.
Proven troubleshooting skills
Problem solving ability
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
This position isavailable for a qualified individual with proven maintenance skills. Responsibilitiesinclude efficient maintenance and repair of all mixing/blending, processing,packaging and support equipment. Conducts preventative maintenance,troubleshooting, and assisting with other projects as assigned.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Ensurethat all production lines/equipment is set up & ready for operation priorto each production day
Repair, install, adjust or maintain machines in a fast-paced time critical environment.
Perform preventative maintenance inspections and repairs.
Generate & complete unplanned work orders as required. Completed planned work orders as assigned.
Maintain work area, maintenance shop, stock room, tool storage, parts and supplies.
Complete written and/or CMMS entries accurately and completely as a historical record of work performed
Enter work requests for future planned work in the CMMS
Responsible for troubleshooting and providing immediate preventative and corrective maintenance support to production lines.
Rebuild and fabricate parts and assemblies.
Perform facility maintenance and maintain clean and safe work environment throughout the plant.
Perform equipment change-overs and production line set ups.
Follow GMP's (good manufacturing practices) and other quality programs as they relate to the maintenance department
Use equipment such as: hand tools, power tools, welders, electrical test equipment. PLC interface, HMI (Human Machine Interface), diagnostic equipment, fork lift, etc.
Wear PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) when required
Ability to work independently with little or no supervision and as a member of a team
Strictly adhere to all Safety policies (i.e. Lock Out Tag Out, Machine Guarding, etc.)
Committed to ensuring that the products produced meet all food safety and quality requirements
Develop & maintain an efficient and effective relationship with all internal and external customers.
Communicate professionally with all internal and external associates
Willing to work overtime when workloads require
Other duties and cross training as assigned.
Willing to work any shift (8 or 12 hours); exact shift/hours to be determined.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must be a self-starter capable of working in a team-based environment.
Education / Experience
High school diploma, or GED; two or more years related experience in a food manufacturing facility. Aseptic processing and high-speed form/fill/seal packaging preferred.
Ability to read, analyze and interpret technical parts and service manuals, blue prints, electrical and pneumatic schematics, and P&ID (pipping & instrumentation diagram) drawings. Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or governmental regulations.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as addition, subtraction, multiplication and division. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages.
Ability to solve practical problems and the ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
To perform in this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of business software, and manufacturing software (HMIs, PLCs, and manufacturing controls).
Must be able to work flexible hours and overtime as needed.
Knowledge and Skills:
Candidate must possess a strong working knowledge of systems having a high level of instrumentation and automation. Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing practices is beneficial. Outstanding verbal, written, multi-tasking and presentation skills. Ability to create momentum and foster organizational change. Bilingual in Spanish is beneficial. Must have a working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, and be proficient with MS Excel software. Experience with a CMMS is also beneficial.
Exceptional mechanical skills/aptitude, understanding of electrical principles and related test equipment and safe troubleshooting required. A willingness to learn is also essential.
The physical demands described here arerepresentative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully performthe essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made toenable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of thisjob, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle or feel;reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl,talk or hear and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/ormove up to 50 lbs. Specific visionabilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, colorvision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristicsdescribed here are representative of those an employee encounters whileperforming the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations maybe made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essentialfunctions.
While performing the duties of thisjob, the employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/ or humid conditions;moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places and extreme heat. The noise level in the work environment is usuallymoderate.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice
Industrial Maintenance Technician - 1st & 2nd shift:
Maintains production and quality by ensuring operation of machinery and mechanical equipment. Troubleshooting, repair and preventative maintenance.
- Ensures operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements on engines, motors, pneumatic tools, conveyor systems, and production machines; following diagrams, sketches, operations manuals, manufacturer's instructions, and engineering specifications; troubleshooting malfunctions.
- Locates sources of problems by observing mechanical devices in operation; listening for problems; using precision measuring and testing instruments.
- Removes defective parts by dismantling devices; using hoists, cranes, and hand and power tools; examining form and texture of parts.
- Determines changes in dimensional requirements of parts by inspecting used parts; using rules, calipers, micrometers, and other measuring instruments.
- Adjusts functional parts of devices and control instruments by using hand tools, levels, plumb bobs, and straightedges.
- Controls downtime by informing production workers of routine preventive maintenance techniques; monitoring compliance.
- Fabricates repair parts by using machine shop instrumentation and equipment.
- Maintains equipment, parts, and supplies inventories by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed equipment, parts, and supplies; placing and expediting orders; verifying receipt.
- 2+ years of Industrial Maintenance experience
- Pneumatic, hydraulic and electrical experience - industrial maintenance requirements
- Proven track record as a Industrial Maintenance Technician
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work in a team or independently
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!