Malt Roaster Job Description Sample
Must Love Coffee
• F/T Worker Owner
• Equal Exchange is looking for
• A highly motivated candidate who wants to apprentice In the art of coffee roasting
• Learn more visit: equalexchange.coop/coffee-roaster
• or email resume to:
Description This position is available for a qualified individual with operator and leadership skills. The lead operator will ensure that product meets the quality and efficiency standards by monitoring and adjusting equipment for optimal production efficiency.
The lead operator will ensure compliance with all GMP, food safety and safety protocol for the plant. The lead operator will effectively communicate verbal and written information relevant for daily operations and reports. Qualifications Ability to operate equipment in designated production areas
Good understanding of product flow
Ability to prepare and maintain paperwork
Able to work with minimal or no supervision
Able to lead and engage your team
Able to train new operators
Adheres to all food safety and quality assurance system guidelines outlined by SQFAbility to verify and ensure that products are being produced to customer standards
Good past work history and attendance
Good communication and interpersonal skills
Sourcing Manager- Hops & Malt
Job Description: s: Stone Brewing is seeking an experienced Sourcing Manager who can bring exceptional skills in grower relations and production support to our fast growing company. This person will work within the Supply Chain organization and collaborate and work closely with the Brewing Innovation Team and Production Team to plan materials deliveries, manage vendors, and prevent supply issues. We are looking for a confident and assertive 'out of the box' thinker, one who does things differently (not so cookie cutter!) and who is a craft beer fan! This position will be responsible for ordering ingredients and supplies, monitoring trends, maintaining vendor and grower relations, negotiating contracts, authorizing payment according to contractual agreements, and participating in the supplier evaluation process. Material Planning and Procurement
Material planning and replenishment procurement for categories that include ingredients, and supplies such as: Hops and bulk malt contracting, specialty malt ordering, procurement of botanicals and other special ingredients (honey, fruit, spices, herbs, etc.)
Ensure prompt review of all material requirement notices, on-time placement of Purchase Orders, and on-time delivery
Comply with all aspects of Supply Agreements pertaining to timeliness of forecasts, purchase orders, pricing, and contractual minimums
Day to day responsibility for preparing and issuing purchase orders and change notices, monitoring order status, and providing updates as required Grower Relations
Maintain positive Hop grower relations
Effectively communicate with growers via meetings, farm visits, email communications
Attend and participate in industry meetings
Conduct annual crop estimates and farm visits with all growers prior to harvest
Determine and understand costs of production for growers
Seek ways to improve growers’ yields and lower their costs Required Experience
Bachelor’s degree in Brewing Science, Agronomy, Agri-Business, or related discipline + 3+ years procurement/horticulture and/or grower relations experience in the food and beverage industry
Global experience preferred
Solid negotiating skills
Strong analytical and computer skills required. Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite: (Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook) required.
Demonstrated ability to work across all departments in a company.
Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal skills as well as keen attention to detail. Stone Brewing Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to workforce diversity. M/F/D/V are encouraged to apply. Pre-employment drug screening, physical, and background check are required. Required Experience: Type or Copy/Paste Requirements here Keyword: Hops, materials, Buyer, Planner, supply chain From: Stone Brewing Co.
Monitor product quality on one or more roasters.Perform equipment adjustments to meet product specifications.Perform various quality checks and document.Troubleshoot equipment issues.Report all quality, equipment and ingredient issues to management.Perform any other tasks involved with roaster lines.Demonstrate ability to learn new equipment and accept additional roles.Perform duties of Ingredient Coordinator position also when needed.Follow all Quality and Client Specifications on product production and handling.Maintain high levels of housekeeping and sanitation in and around work areas.Adhere and support all GMP Standards (Good Manufacturing Practices).Perform quality checks on all products, materials, ingredients within area of responsibilities.Perform all tasks with safety standards and equipment in place.Exercise sound teamwork practices.Follow all company policies and procedures.
Oil Roaster Operator
Hourly Rate (if applicable):
The oil roaster operator is responsible for oil roasting operations and meeting daily productivity goals.
- Responsible for set up, operational adjustments to production equipment and monitoring equipment to ensure that quality, quantity standards and production standards are met. Employee must understand requirements and systems used to maintain product quality, production schedules and ordering materials. Makes corrective decisions in which directly impact oil roasting operations.
- Required to collect, measure, graph and catalog cost variances, spillage, down time and foreign material, production and product information. Enters data into a PC.
- Conducts analysis and prepares reports of product and production findings, and equipment status.
- Ensure adequate supplies of raw materials, including seasonings. Order cooking materials from 1st floor.
- Must understand Blue Diamond line certification, HACCP process and auditing, Good Manufacturing Practices.
- May be able to perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned or required by supervisor.
- Wash cook bins as needed.
- Perform inventory functions.
- Performs various Quality tests and sampling. Take used oil samples to lab daily.
- Load and unload oil trucks.
- Required to perform minor maintenance and sanitation. Must accomplish general clean up, including breaking down tri-walls.
- Required to operate a forklift/transporter.
- Directs and coordinates activities of crew assigned to lines. Responsible for organizing break relief for the laborers and sorters.
- Position requires knowledge of machine operation to keep machinery and equipment operating.
- Must have excellent communication skills. Must be able to interpret and accomplish tasks and directives described in complex technical, administrative, professional and company guidelines.
- Must be able to work under limited supervision. Operator will receive guidelines from supervisor/lead operator but is expected to decide what actions to take when handling all but the most unusual task. Must regularly exercise discretion and independent judgment.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules and work schedules. Must have basic math skills. Work consists of a wide range of tasks requiring a high level of problem solving skills that result in solutions from several alternatives. Must have basic PC skills.
- Must help maintain product quality while meeting output standards and be able to work overtime as necessary.
- Operator will be exposed to adverse conditions such as heat, noise and a wet work environment.
- Machine operating experience preferred
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
Grow your career. Partner with us. We Are the Almond People!
Blue Diamond Growers is an Equal Opportunity and E-Verify Employer EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability
Shipping And Packaging - Warehouse Workers - Local Coffee Roaster
We are a distributing and roasting company for specialty coffees in the US. We roast coffee, make tea and produce spices using the freshest ingredients from around the world. We have enjoyed particular success in the natural foods arena. Natural products pioneer Whole Foods Market is one of the biggest retail stores for our coffee. We are looking for 8 people to start working in our production departments helping package and label coffee, spices and tea.
In this position you will be packaging tea bags into cartons, or coffee into bags, then labeling the product and packaging it for shipment. This is a great job where you can start your career with a great company.
All employees get free coffee or tea at the onsite coffee shop!
We have 2nd shifts available
· 2nd shift 3pm to 11:00pm
We are hiring immediately and these positions won’t last, so schedule your interview today. Schedule your interview time online at: http://bit.ly/2hKl8Np
If you are a job seeker, working with PrimeSource Staffing offers you the opportunity to find the job and the career that is right for you. We represent hundreds of Colorado's top employers, in a variety of industries, throughout Colorado.
We make finding the right job easy. We start with understanding your experience, job preferences and goals and then identify the opportunities that match. We also provide training opportunities to ensure that you are well prepared for the positions you want. See our current job opportunities at:
We look forward to working with you!
Machine Operator Gourmet Coffee Roaster
- Weighing batches of coffee beans in a scale hopper and feeding the beans into the roasting oven.
Maintaining proper temperature by observing the roaster thermometer and adjusting controls properly.
Ability to estimate roasting time by observing the color of roasting coffee beans in the roasting oven.
Properly discharges the roasted beans to the cooling tray.
Records roasting amounts, types, and
Mgr, Malt Sls And Ops - Mt.Home, AR
The Malt Sales and Operations Manager is responsible for providing overall leadership for all aspects of an assigned malt facility to include Warehousing and Transportation. This role will also play a key role with sales and marketing in evaluating new business opportunities.Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare and control the operating budget for the assigned facility
- Own the P&L for the assigned facility; be accountable for variances to plan
- Oversee all administrative and financial functions for assigned facility
- Execute compliance standards with Federal, State, and local regulations governing the warehouse and transportation departments by monitoring implementation and practice to ensure compliance
- Manage and measure work, process and metrics including safety, quality, and productivity through reporting, field visits and customer feedback
- Responsible for total inventory management by ensuring the compliance of receiving and inventory control procedures; develop/recommend alterations to procedures and best practices as warranted
- Develop and implement departmental and organizational policies and procedures to maximize output
- Manage maintenance of equipment, machinery and transportation assets
- Build, maintain and nurture strong and productive business relationships among the supplier community and in accordance with all Regional On and Off-Premise Spirit customers/accounts in an effort to ensure satisfaction level is high and desired results are being accomplished
- Direct sales product execution; develop and maintain appropriate shelf placement, price point, and merchandising activity
- Develop sales revenue forecasts and budgets establishing high levels of quality, accuracy and consistency during the process; ensure alignment with the planning processes within Glazer s by coordinating with finance to align with business unit and division forecasts
- Strategically support managers with conflict resolution, removal of performance obstacles, and relationship concerns between internal departments
- Develop meaningful ways to engage people, build community, share values and culture, improve quality of life, and promote health and wellness; ensure benefits, perks, programs, activities, events; find solutions to address gaps
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned
- Bachelor degree plus 3 years of experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- 3 years of experience providing leadership to a distribution team
- Experience with having P&L responsibility, owning and managing budgets and ability to create and maintain various management reports
- Valid state motor vehicle operator s license and the ability to obtain and maintain auto-liability insurance in accordance with state laws
- Master's degree in Operations Management
- 5 years of experience in wholesale or operational management or other related industries
- Demonstrated knowledge of SAP system or similar system
- Knowledge of MS Office Suite and/or software applications related to job functions
- Please note that job application deadlines will vary by position. The ability to enter and submit an application in Ultipro will not guarantee that the position is still open and that your application will be reviewed and considered. If you have questions regarding a specific job application deadline, please email [Click Here to Email Your Resum ] (for internal candidates contact the hiring manager).
Craft Brewery Sales Rep - Northwest
Craft Brewery Sales Representative Northwestern Region
The Craft Brewery Sales Representative, working under the direction and with the Director of Commercial Sales, will actively identify, coordinate and manage malt sales development to the craft brewery market in the Northwestern region of USA & Canada. The targeted markets will initially be defined to mean brewers with production capacity of 200,000 bbls. or less (on an annual basis). The Northwestern region includes CO, MT, ID, WY, UT, AZ and NM. This position will work closely with the Sales and Planning, Procurement/Supply Chain, Customer Services and Executive Leadership Team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Sales and Distribution
· Provide sales, consulting and related services to and on behalf of MENA, with primary emphasis on establishing MENA as a supplier of pale malt in the Northeast. Cultivate and develop customer relations within assigned territory and coordinate shipments of malt to the breweries from plants and transloads.
· Introduce brewers to Malteurop, including production brewers, micros and brew pubs to build sales volume.
· Implement all sales and sales budgets, marketing plans, brand development, advertising and travel budgets.
· Develop market database and maintenance of sales in territory.
· Maintain customer contacts and develop/maintain customer contact reports.
· Develop and implement malt logistics, packaging and handling programs to reach targeted market with help from MENA Logistics departments.
· Oversee inventory forecasting and shipments to customers.
· Help develop and oversee marketing plans and strategies.
· With sales manager, develop and implement market strategies along with one to three year sales plans.
· Collects data on competitors, market pricing, distribution, volumes and general market information.
· Compile and submit reports on customer visits.
· Ability to interact with brewery management in order to develop trusted, long lasting relationships.
- Bachelor’s Degree: Sales & Marketing, Business Administration or other related disciplines
- 3+ years’ experience in Food Production industry experience; Prefer Malting/Brewing experience
- 5+ years of commercial or technical sales experience – sale or business development
- Salesforce.com experience a plus however experience using an CRM system is required
- Strong communication/presentation and organization skills with the ability to interact with all levels of an organization
- Ability to deal with conflict, complexity & ambiguity internally & externally
- Ability to develop and leverage deep customer knowledge/insights: builds trust and strong relationships with customers; shares customer knowledge and insights within MENA; creates a positive customer experience that sets MENA apart from our competitors
- Strong conceptual thinking and time management skills
- Computer proficiency in Excel, Power Point and Word
- Strong negotiation skills
· Ability to travel domestically 50%+
As an integral part of the Malteurop Group, Malteurop North America, headquartered in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, has malting facilities located in Milwaukee, Great Falls, Montana, Winona, Minnesota and Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada. Our rich history provides employees with a culture of teamwork and stability, focused on our values of trust, mutual respect, spirit of initiative and sharing of experience. We are innovative in our malt product line with the recent launch of Craft Master Malt, providing our craft brewing customers unparalleled malt quality and flavor.
To learn about Malteurop North America, visit us at www.malteurop.com.
We offer a competitive benefit package, including medical, dental and prescription drug coverage, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance, education reimbursement, fitness reimbursement, and 401(k) with company match.
Malteurop requires a successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to email their cover letter and resume.
Malteurop is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Business Mom/Mes Advisor
Business MOM/MES Advisor Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. Together with farmers, customers, governments and communities, we help people thrive by applying our insights and over 150 years of experience. We have 150,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work.
Description Business MOM/MES Advisor will be accountable to lead execution of Cargill Malt’s Global Manufacturing Execution System (MES) & shop floor layer systems strategy and drive a continuous improvement agenda that enables Cargill Malt’s competitive advantage through its Manufacturing Management Processes & Data Systems. Business MOM/MES Advisor primary responsibilities are to:
- Develop strategies for & drive execution of Global Malt Manufacturing Operations Management (MOM) systems: - MOM / MES improvements
Control Systems & related automation & control elements
Data and Operational Intelligence utilization
Cyber Security Strategies meet needs for Malt Plant Operations
Translate Operating & Supply Chain strategies & processes into MOM & shop floor layer solutions that deliver value & insights in Cargill Malt’s continuous improvement journey & culture of high performance
Build the capabilities within the organization to fully utilize our MOM and shop floor data and information in identification and execution of continuous improvements across the OPS value streams Lead identification & selection of continuous improvement initiatives to support plant operations and adjacent supply chain activities
Principal Accountabilities50% Process and Information Analysis and Change Management
Ensure consistency across BU’s/Functions, change management is incorporated and appropriate controls/governance are considered
Understand relevant business requirements, lead process and information requirements discussions and documents outcomes and requirements
Identify, lead, document and implement end to end OPS processes and key metrics and reporting standards collaborating with subject matter experts
Ability to determine needs versus wants and communicate process and information requirements recommendations
Responsible for the development, implementation, user training and support of the Manufacturing Execution System (MES) in close cooperation with MOM COE, Corp IT and Manufacturing IT teams globally.
Works closely with the IT infrastructure team to develop/ prototype/ standardize and roll-out MES related infrastructure components.
Works closely with the OSC regional resources to develop/ deploy and optimize MES solution with the ERP layer & shop floor layer to drive efficient and reliable operations.
Ensure data & historian system capabilities are configured and interface with the MES system and optimize data to help improve efficiency throughout the operation space.
Acts as first tier support and also coordinates any support efforts from the MES vendor.
Leads MES enhancements and improvement projects. This includes transference of best practice solutions to our global operations locations.
Ensure the sustainability of the MES implementation and usage, responsible to maintain customizing/ configuration/ process validation and implementation documentation
Understand manufacturing workflow including process automation and production reporting
Manage our global Plant level IT systems (control/ automation systems, data & event historians, floor-level interfaces / integrations – scales, machines, etc.)
Design MES human interface screens to allow smooth operations and functionality at the plant level
Be member of SAP ERP deployment team, Business Process Manager - Manufacturing Operations and Data related to OPS. Represent Malt in Cargill’s Corp. Plant Systems & Controls agenda & strategy. 40% Execution
Supports BU’s global Operational Excellence
Provides a Strategic Path for Replacing and Enabling Legacy Plant Applications
Work with Controller function to validate and measure CI projects' financial benefits.
Write project charters and manage project portfolio
Utilize process data to expand use of “Measure, Monitor, Control” within the plants globally to improve process control
Work with BU OPS to access use and roadmap of implementation of Rtduet, PI-batch, Tableau or other systems that would be applicable
Regularly working with leadership team to develop and refine MOM related project portfolio for the BU 10% Collaboration and Influence
Collaborate and influence global malt operations leadership members to define tools and roadmap related to OPS processes and provide input into MOM Community of Practice
Bachelor Degree in Engineering (Mechanical, Electrical, Chemical, Industrial), Management Information Systems OR equivalent technical degree.
5 years of relevant experience with manufacturing facilities operations & continuous improvement processes
Demonstrated ability to lead a virtual team of subject matter experts & super users of MES & shop floor layer applications
Demonstrated ability to build relationships, influence and communicate at all levels of the organization and cross-function
Demonstrated success proactively addressing business operating requirements and needs, translating to actions & execution
Demonstrated experience in leading a diverse team with different cultural backgrounds, different business and technical skills
Ability to influence stakeholders and ability to drive change, to adopt and adapt an enterprise solution.
Experience in change management & leadership methodology
Experience with staged Project Delivery Process and Requirements Analysis frameworks
Experienced in various PLC &/or distributed control systems, HMI’s and related integrations with MES layer and ERP layer processes
Strong acumen in IT systems & integrations (can speak the language of IT networks, integrations & data/ info flows, etc.)
Ability to travel 30-50%, can be as high as 70% and up to 20% of these will be to locations in SA, NA, EU and APAC/Australia.
Able to prioritize needs/tasks and work on multiple project demands at the same time, use knowledge and initiative to problem solve promptly
Business fluency in English
Strong communication skills, including the ability to communicate (written and verbal) effectively with technical, non-technical colleagues and business representatives.
Ability to work with a multi-regional team, value diversity and cultural differences Preferred:
Knowledge of food &/or food ingredient production & processes preferred (malting &/or brewing a plus)
Understand the integration impact of Manufacturing OPS processes on other upstream & downstream processes (i.e. supply chain planning & execution)
Experience with RTDuet, OSI PI (Batch a plus), Tableau / Power BI, Savigent, UniWin / scale interfaces, SAP & shop floor integrations Ability to work successfully in both a team environment and independently, be self-motivated and proactive
Customer focused and detail oriented, ability to move from broad to specific as required
Fluency in other languages, especially Spanish will be considered an advantage
Ability to integrate and operate in a multi-cultural and diverse environment, inclusive mindset Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.
Job Process Optimization/Project Management
Primary Location US-MN-Wayzata
Req ID: WAY06245
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!