Manager Camp Job Description Sample
Remote Camp Operations Manager
Guest Services Worker - Yosemite - Tuolumne Meadows Lodge - Camp Helper
Cook - Ymca Camp Harrison
Runner - Tampa Convention Ctr - The Sail - The Sail & Big Ray's Fish Camp At The Tampa Convention Center
Housekeeping Staff - Ymca Camp At Horsethief Reservoir
Housekeeping Staff - YMCA Camp at Horsethief Reservoir
At the Y, we believe children discover themselves through interactions with others and having the freedom to explore. YMCA Camp at Horsethief Reservoir immerses children in a community where making friends is natural, exploring new interests is encouraged, and discovering inner strength is guaranteed. YMCA Camp teaches self-reliance, instills a love for nature and the outdoors, and builds character and leadership—all amidst the fun of camp fires, canoeing, archery, friends, zip-lining, paddleboarding, mentorships, ropes course, and so much more. YMCA Camp at Horsethief Reservoir is positively the best way to change a child’s life.
YMCA Camp Housekeeping Staff is responsible for maintaining a clean, welcoming, and safe environment at the camp facility. Housekeepers are responsible for regular laundry, mopping, vacuuming, bathroom maintenance, and other basic janitorial duties. Successful candidates must also be able to successfully demonstrate the YMCA Core Values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, and Responsibility.
Starting Wage Range:
$9.36 - $11.70, plus room and board if desired.
Physical and Age Requirements:
Must be 16 years old or older. Must have the physical ability to stand and walk for extensive periods of time as well as the ability to lift weights of up to 50 pounds. This position may require bending, stooping, leaning, and kneeling and the handling of chemicals used in routine cleaning.
This is a seasonal position from June 2nd – August 9th. Typical camp schedule will be Sunday - Friday. Ocasional Saturdays will be required. All camp staff receives a 24 hour time off period every 7 days.
Working at the Y:
At the Y, our mission and core values are brought to life by our culture. It’s who we are, who we aspire to be and how we show up every day. We are cause-driven. We don’t just show up, we show up with purpose. We are welcoming: we are open to all. We are a place where you can belong and become. We are genuine: we value you and embrace your individuality. We are hopeful: we believe in you and your potential to become a catalyst in the world. We are nurturing: we support you in your journey to develop your full potential. We are determined: above all else, we are on a relentless quest to make our community stronger beginning with you.
Join us and help transform lives.
All interested staff must submit a resume and a letter of interest stating your skills and knowledge that would qualify you for this position.
External Candidates must complete an online application. If you have any questions regarding the position, please visit our website at www.ymcatvidaho.org or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Nurse Manager Of Camp Health Services
The League for People with Disabilities is in search of a full time Manager to oversee the Health Services for our year round Camp programs. The candidate must be a Registered Nurse with the ability to become licensed in Maryland. Experience with camp programs preferred. This position is responsible for overseeing the overall operations of the health center for all camping and recreation programs including summer camp, assisted travel, respite weekend and winter camp. The Manager, Camp Health Services is responsible to meet all health care needs of campers and staff, and to ensure The League continues to be pre-emptive in reducing health risks.
- Oversees the day-to-day function of the health center when operational.
- Assess campers’ health to ensure we can safely serve them.
- Supervise and delegate to all health center/care staff.
- Take an active role in ensuring The League is following best practices in camp nursing.
- Administer medications & delegate medication administration to all of Camping & TR’s medication administration staff.
- Assist in ensuring all proper reporting of health issues is completed within the required timeframes.
- Ensure the campers have provided the necessary paperwork. (i.e. correct orders for medications; medications match the medication orders, medical form has been completed and signed by a physician in the appropriate time frame etc.)
- Prepare all needed paperwork for all camp programs. (i.e. assessment forms, Medication Administration Records, Bowel Charts etc.)
- Identify trends in illnesses/injuries and assist in developing strategies to reduce illness/injuries.
- Take an active role in the updating of the Health Center’s Policies and Procedures.
- Ensure Camp exceeds the requirements of ACA, Board of Nursing and DHMH.
- Provide all required documentation as required for COMAR, American Camp Association, and League requirements.
- Assist in the orientation and in-services of all Camping & Recreation staff, including providing the Medication Delegation.
- Communicate camper health concerns in a timely manner to camp director, parents/ caregivers.
- Keep the camp leadership team informed of current camp health issues.
- Ensure all the paperwork and health center forms needed for the sessions are completed and reviewed before the session begins.
- Live on site when programs are in session.
- Provide trainings for the League in First Aid, communicable diseases, seizure awareness, etc.
- Ensuring that all communication with the community, (written or verbal) is professional in nature and appearance.
- Representing The League and its services to the public in a positive manner.
- Participating in the program’s quality assurance system.
Mid May – Late August
- When camp is in session 8 am – 10 pm and as needed during the overnight,
- Off when camp is not in session - will be expected to stay at camp during one break
September – Mid May
- Respite Weekends (~12 – 15 weekends / year) - Friday at 3:00pm – Sunday at 3:00pm
- Winter Camp 8am – 10pm while in session and as needed overnight
- One day per week in the office (8hr day) for reviewing health forms/ preparing paperwork or leading trainings
- Intake for Assisted travel trips (about 3 hours) and on-call during the trips (about 3 – 4 times per year). If staffing needs are not met, the nurse may be required to attend the trip and assist the Travel Leader/Program Manager.
- Maryland State (or compact state) certification as a Registered Nurse in good standing.
- Delegating RN in the state of Maryland (will have 3 months to complete this requirement once starting at The League)
- Trainer in First Aid/CPR (will have 3 months to complete this class once starting with The League)
- A minimum of one year directly experience with people with disabilities in a health care setting.
- Experience working in a camp setting preferred
- Driving license with no more than 3 points on record a plus
Full benefit package including health, dental, vision, life insurance, long term disability, matching 401k, and more.
Busser - The Sail & Big Ray's Fish Camp At The Tampa Convention Center
Summer Camp Assistant Teacher
Summer Camp Assistant Teacher
Research And Development - Standout - Emerging Leaders Camp - Freshmen
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!