Manager Compensation Job Description Sample
The Compensation Manager will manage compensation programs – salary merit process, bonus planning and long-term incentive plans. Conduct data analysis related to the design, delivery and ongoing evaluation of compensation programs, including base pay, short and long-term incentives, sales compensation, employee recognition, and deferred compensation.
Work with internal HR team to address compensation-related issues
Manage compensation programs – salary merit process, bonus plan, long-term incentive plans
Assist with assessment of current compensation levels and mix relative to the external market and to internal peers
Assist with preparation of compensation-related communication materials
Provide explanation of compensation programs – salary merit process, bonus plan, long-term incentive plans, and deferred compensation plans – to employees and HR generalists, as needed
Evaluate market and economic trends to recommend adjustments to compensation
Assist in the design and maintenance of job catalog
Regularly provide analysis to assess effectiveness and quality of compensation plans and programs
Research best practices internally and externally and apply key findings to achieve position objectives
Prepare reports summarizing compensation programs for executive and employee meetings
Understand and be comfortable communicating executive-level compensation and benefit plans
Serve as a liaison for compensation with other functional areas including Benefits (i.e., retirement), HR Operations (i.e., HRIS) and Finance (i.e., payroll)
Prepare summary exhibits to illustrate outcomes from merit planning, bonus planning, and equity grants
Serve as key contact and resource for business unit HR teams
Manage projects such as survey participation and analysis, compensation integration for mergers and acquisitions
Work with HR Operations team to ensure SAP system meets compensation needs and is updated to reflect changes to job catalog, bonus programs, etc.
Minimum 5 years compensation experience
Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered
Must be willing to work in New York, NY
Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
Must be 18 years or older
MBA or CCP preferred
Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, Economics, Mathematics, Human Resources, or related field preferred
A functional knowledge of statistics as applied in a business environment is essential
Strong Excel skills are vital
Proficiency with Word and PowerPoint is preferred
Knowledge and understanding of SAP is preferred
Must possess strong analytical and problem solving skills
Excellent oral and written communication/interpersonal skills are necessary
Must be a self-directed, creative, organized, detail-oriented, results-driven individual, with a commitment to quality and accuracy
Ability to work well both independently and as part of a team
Ability to work in a high pressure work environment is essential
Ability to keep confidentiality when handling sensitive information
We Live By Our Core Values
Recognizing that each of us is completely free to wake up tomorrow and be just a little bit better.
Aware that MINDBODY must evolve to remain relevant and useful to the world.
Questioning the status quo, not accepting "...because it's always been that way" as sufficient.
Who we are:
From our CEO's garage to ever-expanding offices around the world, MINDBODY has grown rapidly since its founding in 2001. Knowing that technology never stands still, MINDBODY is continuously evolving and is committed to hiring talented, passionate people to join our wellness revolution.
How you'll contribute:
You'll contribute to design, development, implementation, communication and administration of compensation programs, ensuring programs are aligned with MINDBODY's Global Compensation Strategy. You'll partner with other departments in the design, calculation and evaluation of sales incentive compensation plans. This role will also work through complex issues and projects independently as well as collaboratively with cross functional team members.
You'll manage the job architecture program, including job descriptions, job leveling and job evaluation. Establish salary structures, develop salary budgets and prepare policies and procedures to ensure the achievement of competitive and progressive employee compensation.
What you need for this position:
Bachelor's Degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, or related field
Minimum of 7 years' experience in compensation, including compensation plan design
2+ years' management experience
Experience working in SaaS environment preferred
Certified Compensation Professional (CCP) strongly preferred
Exceptional leadership skills, including the ability to inspire confidence in executive teams to follow the recommended direction
Strong written and oral communication skills
Ability to maintain high level of confidentiality and work effectively with highly sensitive data
Demonstrated analytical aptitude to identify opportunities for change, identify alternative best practice solutions and anticipate future problems and opportunities
Ability to work effectively in a team oriented, high demand and fast paced environment
Advanced Excel skills as well as proficiency with Microsoft Word and PowerPoint
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
Develops, implements, communicates, and administers the organization's compensation strategy as it relates to base pay and incentives, consistent with the company's compensation philosophy
Directs, guides and develops staff. Responsibilities include selecting and developing team members; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance, coaching, motivating and disciplining team members; addressing concerns and resolving problems
Manages the global sales compensation processes including the design, development, implementation, and ongoing administration of sales incentive compensation programs which drive desired behaviors that are aligned with MINDBODY's corporate objectives. Oversees the enhancement and maintenance of commissions tools, reporting, and predictive analytics.
Guides the promotion and compensation change process related to performance appraisal, merit, and position changes
Ensures through audits, analysis and reports that all compensation programs are consistently administered in compliance with company policies and maximize workforce productivity and efficiency
Ensures compliance with all governmental regulations related to compensation and benefits
All other duties as assigned
What's in it for you:
The opportunity to live and work in one of California's most desirable towns, San Luis Obispo. You'll be steps away from the beach, trails, vineyards, and more Central Coast adventures.
Competitive compensation combined with generous benefits and a company culture that's committed to the spirit of "Woo Hoo!," remembering to have fun no matter how stressful the moment may be.
And much more! Check out additional perks & benefits here.
Compensation And Benefits Manager
- Manage the job evaluation and salary analysis functions including salary survey analysis, compensation program budgeting, salary structure development and salary increase, and incentive pay program design and administration.
- Coach management in the application of company compensation policies and practices, including wage and hour, to ensure compliance with internal policy and federal, state and local employment regulations.
- Manage the annual benefits insurance renewal and employee enrollment process. Research and analyze benefits data and trends to recommend improvements to plan provisions and employee contributions based on cost and competitiveness.
- Manage brokers and providers to ensure benefits are delivered within plan requirements and service expectations. Monitor government regulations and identifies changes required to plan design, documentation, communication or filings with government agencies to ensure compliance.
- Administer the Company 401(k) retirement savings plan and chair the plan committee.
- Administer leave of absence policy, including the identification and management of any ADA issues.
- Manage company employee records and data and maintain the accuracy of employee databases.
- Lead projects and collaborate with technical information systems staff to add or upgrade functionality of the enterprise HRIS and associated systems.
- Bachelors’ degree with 5-7 years of compensation and benefits administration experience with at least 2 to 3 years of experience in job evaluation and salary structure development (or equivalent combination of education and experience) along with 2 years managing professional staff is required.
- Compensation experience in manufacturing industry preferred.
- Must have strong knowledge of market pricing, job evaluation, salary structure development and incentive plan administration.
- Must have working knowledge of health and welfare plans and self-funding medical plans, 401(k) plans and related regulations including FMLA, CFRA, HIPAA and ADA.
- Strong organizational and project management skills are required to plan and manage projects.
- Knowledge of a major HRIS is strongly is preferred, preferably PeopleSoft.
- Must have excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent persuasive and communication skills required.
- Intermediate to advanced Excel, PowerPoint and Word skills required.
Workers Compensation Employee /Occupational Health Manager
- Fortune – TOP Places in the U.S. to work in Healthcare
- Truven Health Analytics – TOP 15 Healthcare Systems in the Nation
- Beautiful corporate facility and multiple hospitals in the greater Dayton area
As our client’s new Workers Compensation Employee /Occupational Health Manager, located at the beautiful corporate offices in Dayton, Ohio, your mission as a strategic thought leader and expert in your domain is to facilitate internal health programs that provide a safe and healthy environment for all employees, while building a strong, cohesive, successful support team and relationships with key stakeholders. Your clinical background as either a Registered Nurse, Physical Therapist or Occupational Therapist along with your experience organizational health management, knowledge of Employee Assistant Programs, Pre-Employment Medical Services, OSHA and Workers Compensation regulations will provide the foundation for your ability to construct new, cost effective and patient centric delivery models to a large organization.
Your colleagues and management best describe you as someone who embraces and leads change with a solid record of achievement for leading teams. You have learned the art of creating and leveraging collaborative relationships, while successfully managing and executing on multiple initiatives.
About the Opportunity:
- High visibility collaborative position – Interact and collaborate with Human Resources Business Partners across the organization, with a key focus on employee injuries, vaccination programs, on-boarding new volunteers and third party external vendors such as worker’s comp and more
- Lead the way with your change management expertise, inspiring your team and organizational leadership to re-vamp the health management delivery model
- Awesome senior leadership team with excellent support
- Report to a strong mentor who loves to lead and train a self-starter!
- Competitive compensation, highly affordable comprehensive benefits package with 80% company paid health coverage for employees and dependents (Full-time employees)
- 403(b) pre-tax savings account with employer match
- College Tuition Reimbursement and family discounts
- Community involvement & humanitarian opportunities
- Team oriented environment
- Progressive career in leadership roles in employee occupational health management
- Ohio licensure as either a Registered Nurse, Physical Therapist or Occupational Therapist
- Solid grasp of Ohio Bureau of Worker’s Compensation and OSHA requirements
- Strong employee engagement identifying the appropriate needs and resources that make the employee first in all decisions
- External vendor and resource management
- Exceptional and influential communication skills
- Financial acumen working with budgets and cost optimization
- Energized by working through issues, establishing goals and achieving positive results while managing new initiatives, the sometimes “gray” and strong personalities
- Bachelor’s Degree or Masters
#workerscomp #employeesafety #RN #RegisteredNurse #PhysicalTherapist #OccupationalTherapist
The Compensation Manager collaborates with Leadership in development, installation and administration of the organization's Compensation programs. The incumbent of this position participates in the coordination, design, administration, and communication of system-wide compensation programs, policies, and procedures.
This individual will support the mission, vision, values and strategic initiatives of Howard University Hospital and must demonstrate a commitment to quality service to patients, physicians, the community, and co-workers.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities
· Provides recommendations to and collaborates with leadership in the development and implementation of Compensation policies and procedures.
· Provides data and guidance to HR Business Partners and Management on compensation matters of moderate to high complexity.
· Completes analysis of data and information to support the development or modification of internal compensation programs and initiatives. Presents analyses to leadership and makes recommendations relevant to the salary structure, merit pool, and variable pay to ensure market competitiveness.
· Assures compliance with provisions of FLSA/DOL and other applicable regulatory agencies.
· Leads and collaborates in the development of workshops for new Managers. Conducts workshops; provides guidance and training to other HR Professionals and Leaders related to compensation.
· Completes wage analysis and evaluation using internal evaluation system and external market comparison. Partners with Leadership regarding evaluation.
· Develops, writes, and revises job descriptions. Partners with Leadership regarding evaluation. Serves as administrator for salary survey and pricing system.
· Researches, recommends and participates in salary surveys.
· Supports HR Systems team with the creation and modification of compensation data to include job/position code data.
· Acts as a SME and provides guidance to other compensation team members.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
· A Bachelor's degree in a related field (i.e. Business Administration, Statistics/Mathematics, Healthcare Admin, Finance, Human Resources) is preferred.
· A minimum of five years of direct experience in compensation is required.
· Strong analytical ability with strong mathematical proficiency is required.
· Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint, and experience with HRIS systems required.
· Experience in Healthcare Industry, a plus.
· Experience leading medium to large sized projects is preferred.
· Professional certification (Certified Compensation Professional, Professional in Human Resources) is preferred.
· Experience in the administration of wage and hour laws (FLSA), federal, state statutes and regulations that pertain to Compensation is preferred.
· Experience working with Union.
· Effective written and oral communication skills is preferred.
Requisition ID: 19521
Whirlpool Corporation is consistently recognized by Fortune Magazine as one of the World's Most Admired Companies. Our values are the driving force behind everything we do. Respect, integrity, diversity and inclusion, teamwork and the spirit of winning propel our teams to excellence. Get to know us and see what it's like to be part of the world's leading major home appliance company.
We are seeking qualified candidates for a compensation manager opening to join the Total Rewards COE in our human resources organization. In this role, you will consult with leadership in some of our major regional areas, design programs, processes and lead projects that have a global impact. You will partner closely with related compensation functions such as executive compensation, sales compensation, stock plan administration, human resource operations and regional compensation resources around the world. You will research evolving compensation practices in the external marketplace, design and develop broad-based compensation programs (base pay, short-term incentives, etc.), design and provide guidance on special programs (severance, retention, etc.), provide consultative guidance to human resources and business leadership, deliver clear and consistent communications to key stakeholder groups and handle other work items as needed.
Research evolving compensation practices in the external marketplace and provide guidance to Leadership
Design and develop broad-based compensation programs (base pay, short-term incentives, severance, retention etc)
Design programs, processes and leading projects that have a global impact
Advise and partner with HR business partners and org leaders on compensation program rollouts
Deliver clear and consistent communications to key stakeholder groups, including manager training
Partner closely with related Compensation functions such as Executive Compensation, Sales Compensation, HR Operations, HRIS, Stock Plan Administration, and regional Compensation departments around the world
Monitor and implement changes to ensure compliance with global pay regulations. Monitor the effectiveness of compensation policies, guidelines, and procedures recommending plan revisions
Lead the selection of and participation in salary surveys as well as research for additional sources of quality market data
Participate in M&A due diligence and post-acquisition integration activities
Other work items as needed
- Bachelor's degree in HR or Finance or relevant field
- 5+ years of experience in Compensation
Master's degree preferred
Experience in the design of Compensation programs and processes
Ability to influence and drive results within all levels of the organization
Demonstrated effectiveness in the design and delivery of communication programs
Experience with vendor evaluation and selection
Advanced Excel/Google Sheets skills
Success Factors Experience Desired
Strong Project Management Experience
Whirlpool Corporation (NYSE: WHR) is the world's leading major home appliance company, with approximately $21 billion in annual sales, 92,000 employees and 70 manufacturing and technology research centers in 2017. The company markets Whirlpool, KitchenAid, Maytag, Consul, Brastemp, Amana, Bauknecht, Jenn-Air, Indesit and other major brand names in nearly every country throughout the world.
At Whirlpool Corporation, we believe that all people matter. Celebrating diversity and including thousands of perspectives empower us to create products that blend into every concept of home. Whirlpool Corporation is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
Additional information about the company can be found on Twitter at @WhirlpoolCorp.
Job Segment: HR, Social Media, Manager, Compensation, Information Systems, Human Resources, Marketing, Management, Technology
Sr Manager Sales Compensation
Req ID: 36801
Job Family: Sales
Sabre is the global leader in innovative technology that leads the travel industry. We are always looking for bright and driven people who have a penchant for technology and want to hone their skills. If you are interested in challenging work, being part of a global team, and solving complex problems through technology, business intelligence and analytics, and Agile practices - then Sabre is right for you! It is our people who develop and deliver powerful solutions that meet the current and future needs for our airline, hotel, and travel agency customers.
As a key member of the Global Sales Operations Team, the Senior Manager of Global Sales Compensation will lead all aspects of sales incentive compensation for Sabre Travel Network. This includes driving the evolution of the Sales Incentive Plan (SIP) program, directing its annual launch, managing the monthly processing involved in the SIP, and analyzing and reporting on results of the program. This role is also responsible for sales contests and other ancillary sales motivation programs (i.e. awards, etc.) that motivate and reward desired sales performance.
Directs the Global Sales Compensation team responsible for the planning and execution of the Sales Incentive Plan (SIP) program and ancillary sales motivation programs (i.e. awards, contests, etc.) to drive sales performance aligned with the goals of Sabre Travel Network.
Acts as a key member of the Global Sales Operations Leadership Team. Collaborates with other members of the Global Sales Operations Leadership Team to drive global consistency, sales operations efficiency, and sales effectiveness. Leads special projects as assigned.
Champions system, process, and program improvements that facilitate the efficient operation and effective reporting of sales variable compensation programs and ancillary sales motivation programs.
Leads the design/evolution, launch, processing, and results analysis/reporting for the Sales Incentive Plan (SIP) program and ancillary sales motivation programs (i.e. awards, contests, etc.). Ensures accurate and timely payment of sales incentive compensation and delivery of all non-monetary prizes.
Manages and coordinates the setting of goals for global sales compensation. Identifies metrics to measure sales compensation effectiveness. Tracks and analyzes sales compensation performance against targets.
Identifies, assesses, and priorities opportunities to supplement SIP in order to capitalize on short-term business opportunities, address performance gaps, and further drive sales performance in line with Sabre Travel Network goals. Recommends, designs, executes, and reports on ancillary sales motivation programs (i.e. awards, contests, etc.) to address these needs.
Designs, creates, and evolves all material (i.e. plan documents, payment calculators, templates, training materials, presentations, reports, communications, etc.) needed to process the Sales Incentive Program and ancillary sales motivation programs (i.e. awards, contests, etc.), enable and excite colleagues about these programs, and report to TN executives and sales leadership on their results.
Accurately interprets, counsels, and educates sales representatives and managers on sales plan mechanics, policy and guideline interpretations.
Partners with key constituents across the organization (e.g., Sales, Sales Operations, HR, Finance and Legal) to lead and evolve the governance model for the sales compensation programs.
Partners with Sales Operations and the Finance team to develop analytical tools to forecast plan expense and drive performance of the compensation plans through prudent plan design, ongoing review and evaluation.
Compiles and prepares data and executive presentations for senior management.
Defines and actively monitors sales metrics (changes in sales pipeline, forecasts, win/losses, expenses, etc.) to measure ROI of sales compensation programs and ancillary sales motivation programs (i.e. awards, contests, etc.)
Researches best practices and recommend plan and program revisions and/or new plans that are cost effective and consistent with business objectives.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required.
Experience and Skills:
7+ years relevant professional experience working with sales compensation, sales operations, and or finance functions ideally in a business-to-business sales organization.
3 years management/supervisory experience.
Experience preferred in the travel/GDS industry, a SaaS vendor, or the software industry.
Global experience is a plus.
Knowledge and Skills:
Deep knowledge and experience with best practices for sales compensation and sales motivation programs in a business-to-business (B-to-B) organization. Deep understanding of trends in sales compensation and sales motivation mechanisms.
Advanced understanding of sales compensation/motivation processes, systems, and metrics.
Advanced ability and proven track record of consistently designing, launching, executing, and measuring the success of effective sales compensation/motivation programs that can be operated efficiently.
Advanced ability to enable, train, and coach others on sales enablement/motivation mechanisms.
Proven ability to identify and prioritize sales compensation/motivation requirements from multiple stakeholders.
Proven ability to quickly define and execute standardized processes and enable others to do so as well. Successful track record of ensuring process compliance and driving improvements to standardized processes.
Experience leading a sales compensation team in a global environment.
Excellent organizational and project management abilities. Ability to lead and execute multiple projects simultaneously.
Outstanding presentation, written, and verbal communication skills, including summarizing information for executive consumption.
Outstanding analytical skills.
Advanced Excel, Word, and PowerPoint skills.
Fluency in English required. Additional languages are a plus.
Excellent ability to collaborate and work effectively in a team environment, including virtual teams. Strong ability to influence, educate, and enable others.
Ability to forge solid internal and external customer relationships.
Ability to influence others without formal authority.
Self-directed with a start-up mentality. Resourceful, innovative, and adaptable. Ability to foster innovation and creativity.
Proven ability to succeed in a rapidly evolving environment, and skilled in change management.
Strategic thinker with a strong commercial acumen displaying the highest ethical standards and impeccable character.
Process improvement orientation and unquenchable desire to achieve higher levels of commercial effectiveness.
Compensation And Benefits Manager
Conduct compensation surveys for existing and new markets and provide recommendations and updates.
Assess compensation framework and methodology and recommend best practices.
Partner with HR team on merit planning and annual budget updates.
Partner with VP of HR and benefit broker on renewals, plan design, plan options, and best practices.
Responsible for the daily administration of all benefit plans, including but not limited to eligibility, enrollment, changes and termination of benefits.
Administer all benefit plans consistent with the plans' documentation and other regulatory and eligibility requirements.
Accountable for monitoring employee and benefits census to ensure enrollees are eligible for benefits and are adequately notified of such eligibility and the enrollment process.
Act as an associates' advocate/liaison to the insurance carriers as necessary, to resolve elevated associate issues. Resolve and track internal "customer" issues. Proactively identify trends and recommend solutions before additional problems occur.
Assist in the coordination of annual open enrollment planning, communication and roll out between HR, employees and vendors.
Assist in the coordination of various compliance tests and audits as required.
Provide support to HR team, carriers, and employees on all benefit related issues and inquiries.
Responsible for monthly reconciliation of benefit enrollments to carrier bills. Works directly with carriers on any billing adjustments as needed.
Desired Skills and Experience
Minimum of 3-5 years' management experience in corporate & field compensation and benefits administration and support.
Management of 401K program.
Current working knowledge of CA and multi-state healthcare and ACA regulations.
Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, emphasis on Excel & Word.
Workday knowledge and experience preferred.
Strong grasp of benefits administration, business processes and best practices.
Able to prioritize, organize and work on multiple projects in a high volume and fast paced environment.
Ability to proactively research and resolve issues through completion.
Ability to handle confidential matters sensitively and appropriately.
Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Sixt Rent a Car is an international leader in car rental, leasing, and innovative mobility solutions like mydriver. With revenues in excess of $2 billion and a fleet of 220,000 cars, we have moved into over 100 different countries worldwide. Sixt is the largest fleet purchaser of BMW's internationally, however does not consider itself a luxury car rental company. Instead, Sixt is proud to be a company with superior service and better cars for everyone at an exceptional value.
At Sixt, customers are guests. It is not a rental transaction but an experience equivalent to that of a five star hotel. Sixt hires service and sales oriented individuals, free to travel, and open to cultural experiences interacting with customers and colleagues from many diverse backgrounds. Sixt is more than just cars. We have a passion for style, technology, innovation, creativity and entrepreneurial spirit.
The Compensation Manager reports to the Head of People Management and is responsible for leading compensation initiatives. He/she will maintain and develop pay scales including salary, bonuses, and benefit packages.
Leads the development, implementation, and administration of compensation programs, policies, and procedures
Implements the organization's compensation strategy such that outcomes meet current and future business needs and are consistent with the organization's desired internal and external market position
Understands and utilizes current pay trends in the establishment of competitive, cost-effective pay rates that are designed to attract, retain, and motivate employees
Manages common compensation functions, including survey participation, job evaluation, salary structure development, incentive plan design, and associated analysis
Ensures that base pay, incentive pay and performance management programs remain competitive and conform to current compensation strategy
Ensures that project/department milestones/goals are met and adhering to approved budgets
Performs other incidental and project-based assignments as required and assigned.
Bachelor's degree required; Bachelor's degree in Finance or Human Resources preferred
5+ years experience in a compensation analyst role
2+ years experience in a compensation management role
Strong analytical, verbal and written communication skills
Strong computer skills, especially in Microsoft Office programs, focusing on Excel
Prior experience with HRIS and ERP systems a plus
Extensive knowledge of department processes
Must be able to work 40 hours per week
Must be authorized to work in the United States and not require work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future.
We value our employees' time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by an extensive benefits package including paid vacation, medical, dental, vision and 401(k), Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Basic Life and Supplemental Life benefits and future growth opportunities within the company.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.
The information listed above is intended to describe the general nature and level of this position. Essential functions and responsibilities may change as business needs require. Your response to this advertisement may result in your consideration for employment with Sixt Rent a Car, LLC and its subsidiaries. Offers of employment will be made by Sixt rent a Car, LLC or any of its subsidiaries or brands.
Come join our team! Apply now.
Santa Clarita, CA
The Holland America Group is currently searching for a highly motivated Compensation Manager who will manage the day-to day employees supporting shoreside compensation for Princess Cruises and P&O Australia. This position reports to the Senior Director of Global Compensation.
We welcome your interest in joining Holland America Group - a division of Carnival Corporation. Holland America Group includes Holland America Line and Seabourn (both headquartered in Seattle, Washington), Princess Cruise Lines (headquartered in Santa Clarita, California), and P&O Australia (headquartered in Sydney). Holland America Group operates a combined total of 41 cruise ships with 36,000 employees worldwide. This position will be located in our Santa Clarita, CA office.
Looking for a team-player with strong communication skills and superb attention to detail. Must be able to thrive in a fast-paced and evolving organization
Monitors the effectiveness of existing compensation policies, guidelines and procedures recommending plan revision as well as new plans that are cost-effective and consistent with compensation trends and corporate objectives; coordinates implementation and provides guidance to HR staff.
Provides advice to line managers on pay decisions, policy and guideline interpretation, and job evaluation, including the design of creative solutions to specific compensation-related programs.
Manages the administration of direct compensation (executive, exempt and nonexempt cash compensation programs) for all staff. Directs the bonus and merit process.
Develops techniques for compiling, preparing and presenting data.
Supervises the participation in, conducts and/or purchases salary surveys to ensure company compensation objectives are achieved.
Keeps apprised of federal, state and local compensation laws and regulations to ensure company compliance.
Bachelor's degree required, Master's degree preferred with relevant professional certification.
10 years of related experience with 3 years in lead or supervisory role.
Strong technical or professional knowledge within specific discipline/sub discipline to be able to manage deep and complete analysis of data, systems or methods to be applied against specific standards, compliance or targets.
Full management responsibility of a team in a discipline/sub discipline.
Provides input on budgetary planning and maintains approved budget for area of responsibility.
Well-developed planning and organizational skills.
Strong interpersonal and verbal and written communication skills.
Requires strong analytical skills in order to filter, prioritize and validate complex material from multiple sources.
Adapts business unit/functional organization plans and contributes to business unit/functional organization planning.
Proficient in the Microsoft Office Word and Microsoft Project. Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel.
Ability to meet deadlines under pressure and work with sensitive and confidential information.
Flexible Work Schedule! 9/80 alternative workweek schedule providing each employee with one (1) weekday off every two weeks
Time off benefits
- 8 paid holidays, paid vacation, bonus vacation time and paid sick time
- Cruise and Travel Privileges for you and your family
- Complete benefit plans including medical, dental, vision and flexible spending accounts
- Health and wellness programs include onsite exercise classes, onsite nutrition and lifestyle classes and discounted gym memberships
- Education Assistance - up to 80% with a maximum of $3000 per calendar year
- Company match up to 6% of salary at 50% for the first 5 years and 100% thereafter
Employee Stock Purchase Plan - up to a 15% discount off of FMV of CCL stock
- In-house Discover U courses on professional development
- Rewards & Incentives
- Employee Recognition and Reward Programs; rideshare, financial commuter incentives and free parking; special employee discounts for banking services and retail stores
Apply today and set sail on an exciting new career course! Our goal is to be the number one cruise and cruise-tour provider. To make that happen, we need qualified, top-notch team members. If you're looking to get your talent noticed, apply today! Our application process is quick and easy:
Apply online at http://princess.com/careers. Enter the job title into the keyword search to access the job. If you are already on the Princess Cruises website be sure to create a profile and then apply directly to your specific job.
Princess Cruises is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!