Manager Contracts Job Description Sample
Manager Contracts & Management Accounting (Cos)
The Manager of Contracts and Management Accounting (COS) within the CCCS Finance Department is an important member of the Finance Program Support staff with responsibilities related to the operational reporting functions for Community Outreach Services Division.
The position reports to the Associate Director Contracts and Management Accounting and is principally responsible for timely and accurately meeting the fiscal needs (preparation of claims; coordinating / follow up with funding agencies, development of program and administrative budgets, forecasting, audits and reporting) primarily for Community Outreach Services. The position requires a team player working with various program, administrative and executive management while supervising Accountants and clerks. The position may also be assigned other ad hoc projects as required
Quality Control & Improvements – This position will be responsible for quality control of divisional reporting and to develop and make recommendations, evaluate recommendations of others and implement agreed-upon solutions to improve internal accounting / operating controls and efficiencies.
Timely and accurate contract accounting associated with government contracts and foundation grants:
Regulatory filings (i.e. claims, budgets, budget modifications, close-outs, and advances);
Ensuring the integrity of financial results related to government contracts and grants, revenues, receivables, earned unbilled, and advances, and preparation of related standard journal entries and reconciliations; and
Monitoring and following up on outstanding receivable balances with the funding sources to maximize cash flow, which is critical to the organization.
Timely and accurate Managerial accounting:
Financial support for transactions, budgets and monthly reporting including variance reports
Reports to management related to government contracts and grant status and activity, including the production of monthly contract Activity reports; and
Working with Program Directors, the Manager will be responsible for compiling and consolidating the Annual Program and Division Budgets and updating and analyzing budgets and forecasts throughout the year.
Timely and accurate Financial accounting, primarily associated with the CCCS programs:
Preparation of year-end corporate and periodic contract compliance audits, including retrieving supporting documents and back-up information, as requested;
Analysis of accounts charges to Activities to facilitate the release / utilization of temporarily restricted net assets (“TRNA”) and the preparation and timely submission of reports required by donors.
Development of working papers and schedules
Assisting Senior Financial Management and operating staff in other ad hoc projects, as assigned, including:
Professionally develop, train and evaluate staff
Develop and make recommendations, evaluate recommendations of others and implement agreed-upon solutions to improve internal accounting / operating controls and efficiencies
General Administration - Manage the allocation process of staff time to contracts and other activities; prepare monthly contract performance reports and the monthly, quarterly and annual compliance and financial performance reports for such contracts and grant interface with contract auditors in all aspects of their audits.
Position Type and expected hours of work:
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are generally 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM Monday - Friday. Additional weekend and evening hours may be required to meet agency deadlines.
Working Conditions and physical demands required:
Remain in a stationary position at a workstation and use a computer at least 70% of the time.
Go to various locations generally throughout the Archdiocese carrying work papers and a laptop.
Meet competing deadlines
Significant Working Relationships:
CCCS Executive, Facilities, administrative and operations management staff
Corporate Departments (Executive Directors, CFO, Human Resources)
CCCS Fiscal staff, Funding agencies, their auditors and independent auditors.
Education and/or experience required:
Bachelors degree in Accounting and;
5+ years relevant experience
Skills, Licenses and/or competencies required:
Good skills in supervision, paying attention to detail, analyses, developing and recommending solutions and the ability to prioritize and complete tasks on a timely basis with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment
Good operational accounting experience required, preferably including budgeting, forecasting and variance reporting.
Good professional written and verbal interpersonal and communication skills - ability to relate and clearly communicate with operating management, financial staff and other departments.
Good skills in Excel, Word and enterprise-wide accounting applications
Work requires a strong work ethic and exhibiting a sense of urgency in completion of tasks, willingness to work a flexible schedule and a commitment to the mission of Catholic Charities.
Non-profit government contracting experience with NYS & NYC contracts – A Plus
Lawson Financial System – A Plus
Catholic Charities serves the Bronx, Manhattan and Staten Island, and ten counties of the New York metropolitan area including: Westchester, Rockland, Dutchess, Orange, Ulster, Sullivan and Putnam.
Cotton & Company LLP has an immediate opening for a Contacts Manager. The Contracts Manager has primary responsibility for the Contract Department’s daily functional tasks and the development, training, and management of contracts personnel. The individual is responsible for leading the preparation of contracts, subcontracts, and proposals to support new and existing business activities. These activities include, but are not limited to, proposal terms, conditions, and pricing preparation, and contract and subcontract negotiation, award, administration, and close out. The Contracts Manager shall ensure compliance of contract and proposal documentation and reporting requirements, preparation of internal reports and RFQ/RFP analysis, collaboration with team members and other internal communication. The individual shall manage and develop policies and procedures for the department and must possess excellent knowledge of contracting principles, laws, statutes, Executive Orders, regulations and procedures.
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited university or college. Advanced degree, CPCM, and a major in Business Administration or relevant field preferred.
8+ years of experience in federal government contracting and 1+ years of experience in a supervisory capacity. Relevant experience should include regular interface with senior management, major subcontractors, Government Contracting Officers and other Government regulatory officials.
- The individual must be organized, capable of multi-tasking, self-motivated, and flexible in a deadline driven, dynamic environment with proven leadership skills, excellent interpersonal skills, and the ability to mentor, manage, and train staff as applicable.
- Ability to seek out and develop new projects and support services within the firm, as well as the ability to independently problem-solve and develop multiple solution
The individual must have excellent management, mathematical, analytical, strategic, negotiation and reasoning skills
- Experience developing pricing models in response to customer solicitations
- Extensive knowledge of Federal Government contracting under the FAR/DFARS/GSAM and experience working Fixed Price, T&M, and GSA Schedule contracts are a must. Working knowledge of cost reimbursable type contracts and some experience with state and local contracting preferred
- Experience in the successful negotiation of, and administration of, Non-Disclosure Agreements, Teaming Agreements, Prime Contracts and Subcontracts required
- Must be detail oriented and have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Requires strong written and verbal communications skills and the ability to operate independently and communicate effectively, both internally with technical staff, peers, and all levels of management, as well as externally with customers as needed
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, specifically Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a security clearance
At Cotton, we believe that work should offer intellectual challenge, be fun, and allow for a healthy work/life balance. Our competitive compensation and benefits feature incentives that work, including professional certification, tuition reimbursement, and an individualized mentorship program.
You'll find that we're small enough to notice the performance of our employees and large enough to reward it. If you share our outlook and philosophies, we invite you to inquire about joining our team.
Cotton & Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Contracts Manager (17-0655)
DCS Corporation, a mid-size federal government services contractor seeks a seasoned and accomplished Contracts Manager to support the company’s growth and strategic plan objectives. The position reports to the Director, Contracts and is located at the company’s headquarters in Alexandria, Virginia.
Essential Job Functions:
Functional areas of responsibility and oversight include Contracts, Subcontracts, Pricing, and some aspects of Purchasing.
Manages two contracts professional. Provides mentorship, training and career planning.
Maintains contracts compliance with company policy, Government law and regulation, consistent with industry best practices.
Works closely with General Counsel and line management and supports business unit leadership (Sector Managers).
Plays a critical role in risk management by ensuring cradle-to-grave compliance with contractual obligations, from RFP to close-out.
Interface with Government Contracting Officers and Customers, and DCAA/DCMA.
Due to the sensitivity of customer related requirements, U.S. Citizenship is required. Bachelor’s degree required, MBA preferred.
Must have a minimum of 10 years in Federal Contracts Administration and Management, including 3 years minimum as a Contracts Manager, and have at least five years' experience working in contracts as member of successful DoD capture and pricing teams developing cost/price strategies.
Must have significant relevant Federal Government contracts and subcontracts management experience for a Government contractor.
A minimum of 3 years in a supervisory capacity. Must have an active Secret level security clearance or the ability to obtain a Secret clearance quickly is strongly preferred.
Experience should include senior contract positions at companies with revenues greater than $150 million. Record of being highly engaged with a hands-on approach and lead-by-example style.
Must have experience developing and submitting successful cost/price proposals in response to DoD competitive solicitations. Excellent business acumen, analytical and problem solving skills.
Outstanding written and verbal communication skills a must.
Strong knowledge of the FAR and agency supplements as well as a strong working knowledge of commercial terms and conditions.
Significant experience in the formation and negotiation of complex contracts and subcontracts, teaming agreements, non-disclosure agreements, and other agreements routinely used in the government services sector.
Strong knowledge of all contract types (FPP, CPFF, CPAF, CPIF, Labor Hour, T&M, etc.) and vehicles (IDIQ, GSA, BPA, BOA, GWAC, etc.).
Experience complying with Federal requirements for estimating and purchasing systems and interfacing with audit agencies.
Experience in hands-on winning cost/price proposal development including working with the capture team in development BOEs.
Experience in international contracting a plus.
Experience with Deltek Costpoint required. Strong knowledge of MS Excel, MS Word, and Adobe Acrobat are required.
CFCM or CPCM a plus.
Active Top Secret clearance and TS/SCI is a plus.
- DCS Corp is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
In addition, as an employee of DCS you will also be an owner and stock holder.
Our Core Values are People, Quality and Integrity and Profitable Growth.
Bids And Contracts Manager
The Contracts Manager will help drive our sales contracting and deal processes. Additionally, the Contract Manager will work closely with legal and finance to review contracts, identify issues requiring legal/business approval, and drive transactions to an efficient close. The Contracts Manager must have a strong grasp on commercial contracts and federal RFPs and be able to review contract terms and identify issues that need either a business or legal decision. The Contract Manager is a business focused professional with a keen understanding of how to efficiently support sales and other managers. The Contracts Manager reports directly to the Director of Contracts and Government Affairs and works closely with the Directors, General Managers, Directors of Business Development, and Regional Partnership Managers. This position is based in our Oakland Home Office.
Request for Proposals and Bid Process (~75% of time)
- Compose bid proposals under direction from department manager and in coordination with sales department.
- Help manage workflow for larger cross functional team in completing bid process. Cross functional team may include up to 10 departments.
- Provide a comprehensive review of the RFP. Develop the task plan for bid, and clearly communicate all requirements of the RFP.
- Ensure bids adequately and accurately describe the capabilities, products and services of Revolution Foods and represent company brand.
- Compile all elements required of the RFP (e.g. nutritional analysis, operational plan, pricing, certifications) and ensure timely submittal of all bids.
- Complete bids for all regional markets for review by the Business Developer, Regional Partnership Manager, and department manager.
- Learned understanding of relevant laws, regulations, policies and procedures. Varying by state.
- Maintain and update bid templates with most current information.
Contract process (~25% of time)
- Ensure proper administration of commercial, customers and vendor contracts, from intake of new contracts to sunsetting of expired relationships
- Review, draft and process a variety of agreements including Supplier Agreements, MSAs, NDAs and other assorted agreements associated with sales and commercial operations
- Help manage workflow for larger legal team, beginning with receipt of requests for contract generation through routing for signatures and final distribution.
- Implement policies and procedures as related to contract authorization limits. Route all contracts for approval to appropriate parties.
- Responsible for contract administration; digitize and create OCR scans of fully executed contracts; create files for new contracts; maintain legal files.
- Assist in developing and maintaining contracts database which captures important terms of all company agreements. Create and maintain contract summaries to be shared across departments.
- Learned understanding of relevant laws, regulations, policies and procedures. Varying by state. Perform other day-to-day business and legal affairs-related tasks as assigned by the department manager.
Minimum requirements include:
- Four years working in a law firm or in a large in-house legal department as a contracts manager or paralegal. Preference for experience with heavily with sales teams on commercial contracts.
- Adept with Excel and Microsoft Word including redlining, and other contracts lifecycle management technology.
- Excellent problem solving, organizational, and communication skills.
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and attributes:
- Ability to spot issues and problem solve with exceptional attention to detail.
- Ability to think outside the confines of the particular problem presented in order to achieve the desired result.
- Ability to manage simultaneous projects by setting priorities and being flexible.
- Ability and adaptability to working in a fast-paced, constantly changing, and deadline-driven environment.
- Customer-focused mentality with strong interpersonal skills. Ability in communicating with executives, internal clients, outside counsel and external partners.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to explain contract terms and procurement processes to other employees.
- Ability to tailor communications to the audience.
- Superior organizational and time management skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
Our thousands of community hired employees are dedicated to our mission; everyone pitches in where needed to make sure the kids we serve get high-quality, healthy meals delivered to their schools each day. Headquartered in Oakland, CA, Revolution Foods serves meals via local culinary centers to metro markets across the nation including California (Northern and Southern), Colorado, Houston (+San Antonio), Mid-Atlantic (D.C., VA, MD, DE), NY Metro Area (PA, NJ, NY, CT) and New Orleans; and we are expanding into new metro markets every year!
Healthcare Contracts Manager
Position Purpose: Lead, negotiate, and manage multiple hospital, large medical group, physician, school and/or ancillary contracting activities in accordance with Corporate, health plan, and state guidelines.
- Oversee all activities of the contracting department
- Develop and implement a network development plan for an assigned region and set of providers and identify and initiate contact with potential providers
- Negotiate contracts with interested providers utilizing model provider agreements, and follow up on contracts
- Lead negotiations, rate modeling, implementation and ongoing monitoring of assigned group of providers to maximize business relationships and opportunities
- Oversee provider set-up and contract configuration to ensure accurate claims adjudication and facilitate the organization of provider focus groups
- Evaluate and monitor providers’ performance standards and financial performance of contracts
- Ensures compliance with national contracting standards, reimbursement standards, provider set-up rules, exception process and use of model contract language
- Perform financial analyses to identify medical cost improvement opportunities and develop and execute contracting action plans to achieve results
Education/Experience: Bachelor’s degree in Healthcare Administration, Business Administration, Marketing, related field or equivalent experience. 4+ years of provider relations/contracting experience in a healthcare and/or managed care environment. Working knowledge of contracting language and the principles of negotiation. Familiarity with managed care, State and/or Federal health care programs. Previous experience as a lead in a functional area, managing cross functional teams on large scale projects or supervisory experience including hiring, training, assigning work and managing the performance of staff.
License/Certification: Valid driver's license.
The qualified individual will be an integral member of the Department, assisting with entire life cycle of contracts activities including but not limited to: reviewing solicitations and preparing business/cost proposals; performing cost/price analysis of subcontractor proposals; negotiating contracts in conjunction with Corporate Counsel; analyzing contract terms and conditions, and administering contracts to ensure compliance (including timely authorizations and modifications); effectively interfacing with client contracts representatives; monitoring contract budgets, expenditures, and projections; providing contractual guidance to project managers and other staff; performing SBA small business reporting and assisting with subcontracting goals; and coordinating close-out activities.
Minimum requirements include: a Bachelor’s Degree, preferably (or with significant course coverage) in business, or contracts management; 3 - 5 years of contracts management experience and cost proposal development. A Master’s Degree in business is also highly desirable. Other requirements include: excellent analytical, and oral and written communication skills; attention to detail and follow-up; experience with spreadsheet software (Excel); experience managing full range of contract types and requirements from cradle to grave (especially Government contracts); and knowledge of Federal Acquisition Regulations. Experience with GSA FSS contracts, small business subcontracting/reporting, and Certified Professional Contracts Manager (CPCM) status, preferred.
TRI is currently seeking a Senior Manager, Quality Assurance to join our Bethesda, MD team.
TRI's true competitive edge resides within our Clinical Research, Communications, and Information Technology services staff. Our technical and communications skills are defined by experienced technical and medical writers, clinical research specialists, RNs, certified clinical research associates, regulatory compliance specialists, editors, information and database managers, event planners, video producers, and graphic designers, all working as one to realize your business objectives. TRI's complementary approach to problem-solving, powered by the unified strength of its three operating divisions, ensures your organization's success every time.
Technical Resources International is fully committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and to attracting, retaining, developing and promoting the most qualified employees without regard to their race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by state or local law.
My name is Kevin, and I am a Recruiter with The Fountain Group. We are a national staffing firm and are currently seeking a Contracts Manager for a prominent client of ours. This position is located in Spring House, PA. Details for the position are as follows:
This position would include budget and resource management, business planning and forecasting, outsourcing and collaborations, contract execution and tracking. The contracts manager will collaborate with management and extended business partners, i.e. External Innovation team, Business Development, Legal, Finance, Procurement, and external collaborators to develop and maintain effective lines of communication.
· Generating and tracking purchase orders for outsourcing and collaborative agreements
· Monitoring deliverables and invoicing
· Submitting and tracking agreements
· Resource and budget analysis
If you are interested in hearing more about the position please respond to this posting with your resume attached or contact me at 813-321-6333.
Please forward this email to any friends or colleagues as we do offer a Referral Bonus for any candidate hired.
Headquartered in Tampa, FL, with operations in all 5 regions, The Fountain Group is a Contingent Labor Resource Provider. The Fountain Group services clients directly, clients with an internal contingent labor program, and clients with an external managed service program.
At The Fountain Group, we know that searching for a new career can be stressful, which is why we take time to understand your skills and personal goals. We understand the importance of job flexibility and professional growth, and offer top-notch positions with leading employers. In fact, the majority of our clients are well known Fortune 100-500 companies. We also offer a variety of benefits to our associates to ensure their overall happiness.
In addition to assisting with your job search, we will help you through every step of the process offering online tutorials and additional resources to enhance your industry knowledge and skills. As your employment agent, we are dedicated to providing career counseling and job advice, knowing precisely what established companies want.
At The Fountain Group, we treat you like family, regardless of your proximity to our office. We are dedicated to providing you with an exciting, challenging and highly rewarding place to work. Become a part of our team today and let us put your talents to work.
If you are interested in hearing more about the position please respond to this email with a copy of your resume in word form with the best contact info Please forward this email to any friends or colleagues
We are looking for a responsible Contracts Manager to join our team. Your main duties will be to prepare, negotiate and review various company contracts, including purchases, sales and business partnerships.
Ultimately, you should ensure all our contracts conform to legislative requirements and meet our company goals.
· Analyze bids and proposals and ensure that the specifications of binding agreements with customers, vendors, and employees are legal and comply with company policy.
· Contracts (various: including formal, short form, and annual contracts)—Must be well-versed in Drafting, Evaluation, Negotiation and Execution: Non-Disclosure Agreements, Sales / Purchasing Agreements, Sub-contracts, Consulting Agreements, Licensing Agreements, Master Agreements, review of customer proposed terms and conditions, Distribution Agreements (resellers, agents, joint marketing etc.), and Commercial and Public (Federal, State and Local Municipalities) Contracting
· Will act as Program manager for the existing contracts and manage a staff of two Contract Specialists.
· Serve as the point of contact for customers on contractual matters. Act as contractual “middleman” between company employees and customers, ensuring timely review and approval / reconciliation of variations.
· On all standard and nonstandard contracts, provide redlined recommendations and often negotiate directly with customer attorneys or purchasing staff until consensus has been reached
· Maintain contractual records and documentation such as receipt and control of all contract correspondence, customer contact information sheets, contractual changes, status reports and other documents for all projects.
· As needed, provide guidance on contract matters to project managers or other operational staff, including training to new project managers and other employees in contracting practices and procedures.
· Develop and implement procedures for contract management and administration in compliance with company policy. As appropriate, contribute to or influence company policies.
· Monitor compliance by company employees with established procedures. Identify areas of recurrent pressure.
· Work with Finance to ensure adherence to broader finance and risk requirements such as revenue recognition, pricing and discounting policies, export controls etc. May include ‘financial engineering’ and understanding / evaluating economic impact of terms and term options.
· Support Product Management / Marketing to ensure company products and services are offered with appropriate, competitive terms and conditions
· Monitor competitive terms. Monitor customer satisfaction with our terms and conditions and contracting practices. Recommend changes.
· Ensure that signed contracts are communicated to all relevant parties to provide contract visibility and awareness, interpretation to support implementation.
· Handle on-going issue and change management
· Monitor transaction compliance (milestones, deliverables, invoicing etc.)
· Oversee Service Level Agreement Compliance
· Ensure contract close-out, extension or renewal.
Skills and Qualifications
· 4-year degree in Business Administration or related study
· 10+ years of experience
· Proven work experience as a Contract Manager or relevant role
· Must have supervisory experience
· Must be Certified Federal Contracts Managers (CFCM).
· Knowledge of legal requirements involved with contracts
· Knowledge of contracting concepts and contract acquisition law and regulations
· Ability to work with varying seniority levels, including staff, managers and external partners
· Familiarity with accounting procedures
· Excellent writing skills
· Keen attention to detail, with an ability to spot errors
· Strong analytical and organizational skills
· Strong communication and negotiation skills
· Demonstrated experience to manage meetings along with agenda preparation, meeting minutes, and tracking action items.
· MS Office Suite (including Visio)
· MS Project
We founded Akira on a single promise to our clients, to do whatever it takes to deliver the right business results on time and on budget. Since 2003, we have consistently delivered on this promise, achieving success for our clients. Akira is an agile provider of technical solutions that enable mission-critical operations and decision-making. Our solutions help our customers improve their business performance through information technology transformation services focusing on architecture, information management, systems integration and integrated solutions.
Contracts Manager / Manager, Program Contracts
The team works in a highly dynamic environment and this position provides an exciting opportunity for an individual to experience various types of domestic and international contracts (FMS and DCS) and developing front-end of the business capture strategies. The successful candidate will be responsible for management of a diverse portfolio of contracts for the Raytheon IDIQ Service Center, including enterprise-wide Global Master Agreements (GMAs) and domestic IDIQs. Contracts responsibility will include participation in front-end discussions of new business pursuits, opportunity assessment, competitive capture and proposal strategy, and international and domestic contract negotiation and contract management of IDIQ vehicles.
The incumbent will be the primary customer interface for contracting matters and will be responsible for establishing trusted and purposeful relationships with internal and external business partners and customers while ensuring successful governance with company policies and guidelines. The role will require strategic thought leadership to develop innovative contracting solutions within a dynamic acquisition environment, develop and implement competitive and international growth strategies and objectives, and advise business management of contractual rights and obligations to mitigate contractual/program risks to achieve program and business unit objectives. The Contracts Manager will be responsible for ensuring that bidding, negotiation and execution of contracts will be compliant with Company policies, legal requirements, and other Government and Customer regulations.
This position will be a Salary Grade Level G10 or G11 based on the successful candidate’s qualifications as they relate to the skills, experience and responsibility requirements for the position . Relocation is not available for this position. This position requires a current Security Clearance
Minimum of 8 years of applicable work experience in contract capture, proposal development, and execution phases Familiarity with IDIQ Contracts and all contract types (i.e. fixed price, cost, incentive, T&M, etc) Knowledge of and experience with the FAR, DFARS, ITAR, and export licensing Experience with International Direct Commercial Sale (DCS) and US Government (USG) sole source and competitive contracting, including Foreign Military Sales (FMS) Demonstrated business acumen with the ability to clearly recognize risk elements in business transactions as well as developing and offering innovative solutions to unusual and complex contracting issues Strong interpersonal skills Ability to multi-task and work independently with minimal oversight and create quality work products to meet timelines with limited guidance while working within a geographically dispersed team Willingness to travel approximately 15% of the time U.S.
Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment. Desired
Experience with prime International and U. S. Government customers Working knowledge of contract finance and proposal pricing procedures Demonstrated understanding of U.S. Government acquisition policy and process Ability to develop effective customer relationships and bringing closure to business pursuits Experience with high dollar and complex contracts/Business Agreements Ability to professionally brief leadership or other formal group forums and influence key stakeholders and collaborate effectively across functional organizations and/or program spaces Aerospace and Defense industry experience and/or experience in companies that bring technology products to market in a highly regulated industry NCMA or other industry recognized certification in Contracts Management Required Education:
BS/BA in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, Business Management, Contract Administration, Subcontract Management, International Relations, Economics, Business Law or any major related to this job description. Desired Education: JD or MBA This position requires a current Security Clearance 110380 Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Manages contract negotiations and document processes for AIS and Product Marketing-related distribution agreements and complex Sales-related commercial customer contracts (over $100 million in volume) as well as high visibility/high impact negotiation in other ancillary departments. Identifies and provides advice to Product Marketing, AIS, Purchasing, Sales and other departments regarding key business issues/risks within contractual documents, developing contract risk mitigation strategies, and negotiates to obtain favorable contract terms. Identifies process improvements, participates cross department projects to implement continuous improvement initiatives. Negotiates agreements for US-based Latin America/Canada business. Manages, researches/prepares responses to highly complex RFP, RFI and RFQs that encompass Tech Data global sales (international subs). Negotiates agreements for US-based Latin America/Canada business.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities Required
* Works with suppliers, vendors, customers, contractors and others inside and outside the company in accordance with their assigned responsibilities
* Works with a variety of business leaders/representatives and others in developing new domestic and international contracts, rebates agreements or negotiating changes to existing documents
* Reviews and negotiates distribution agreements, reseller/sales agreements related addenda to establish and maintain working relationships between Tech Data and its vendors and customers
* Reviews complex Requests for Proposals (RFP) and Requests for Quotation (RFQ) and purchase orders
* Identifies requirements and risks in contractual documents
* Provides unique services and assistance in support of global business relationships between regions
* Resolves issues, concerns and problems within the scope of designated authority and policies related to contracts negotiations
* Coordinates and liaises between internal company departments to achieve resolution of contract issues, internal escalations and ensure negotiations represent the common interests of all departments involved.
* Participates in departmental and cross-departmental projects
* Mentors junior positions in the department
* Performs research of contract materials to support internal audits, SOX compliance, external auditors, and internal Tech Data business units
* Effectively works in the contracts database tool which handles workflow and functions as the contracts repository
* Manages workload and additional projects with conflicting timelines and deliverables
* Trains new hires into the department
* Performs additional duties as assigned
Qualifications, Required Knowledge Skills & Abilities and
Experience/Skills & Knowledge Required:
* 3 to 5 years of relevant experience developing, assessing, analyzing and executing business or governmental contracts, agreements and other binding documents or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to perform job duties
* Legal training or other educational background stressing business/legal analytical and writing skills highly desirable.
* Bachelor's degree in law, business or related field or any equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to perform job duties. JD, MBA or advanced degree preferred.
* Self-motivated, work well under heavy stress and shifting priorities.
* Strong verbal, analytical and writing skills a must.
* Typically, 1-year leadership experience (includes in-house mentoring)
* Bilingual candidates (Spanish) desirable.
Breadth of Management
* Span of Direct Reports: No direct reports. Serves as mentors to junior team members.
Human Relation Skills required:
* Able to build solid, effective working relationships with others.
* Able to express ideas clearly (verbally, in writing, in private and public settings) and convey necessary information.
* Able to interact effectively with all levels of management.
* Able to negotiate skillfully, promote/sell ideas persuasively, and close transactions with mutually beneficial results.
* HIGH level of "self starting" thinking required for analysis, evaluation, creating, reasoning, and drawing conclusions/solutions.
* Self-motivated, able to work under stress and under constantly shifting priorities.
* HIGH complexity of mental process to achieve in the role in order to come to solutions.
* Able to maintain confidentiality of senstitive information.
* Freedom to act. Operates under minimal supervision, within established guidelines.
* Exercises a high level of independent thinking and problem solving capabilities.
* Empowered to provide contract terms interpretation to business stakeholders.
* Conducts negotiations independently.
Job Impact on end results:
* Company-wide (including international subsidiaries)
* High impact. Affects all major functional areas of front office and supporting back office functions.
* Company-wide (including international subsidiaries in Americas)
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!