Manager Labor Relations Job Description Sample
Manager Labor Relations
ABOUT US: Serrano Search, LLC is a unique executive search firm dedicated to labor relations related recruitment. We accept search assignments nationally for positions that typically fall into two categories: We help clients hire the best talent in the country when they currently have collective bargaining agreements, and we assist when clients are focused on remaining union free.
General Summary-Manager of Labor Relations
This position is responsible for managing the day to day activities of the Labor Relations Department to ensure efficiency and attainment of operating goals. This position reports directly to the Vice President of Labor Relations.
Essential Job Accountabilities
- Assists with evaluation, development, and implementation of department policies, practices, and procedures to ensure compliance with terms of labor contract provisions, including wages, hours, and working conditions and applicable law in attainment of operating goals
- Establishes and maintains satisfactory labor-management relations at all levels, interprets the collective bargaining agreements, administers grievance procedures including arbitrations, and assists all levels of management and personnel on labor matters to ensure compliance with CBAs and competitive compensation for craft employees.
- Analyze collective bargaining agreements to develop interpretation of intent, spirit, and terms of contract to ensure proper compliance and competitive positioning for negotiations; includes preparation of statistical reports, using records of disputes and related labor relations activities to develop strategic bargaining proposals and proactive solutions to reoccurring issues.
- Provides internal clients and departments with interpretation and communication of changes in CBA wages, prevailing wage information, and contractual terms and guidance on potential legal and business risks, as well as brainstorming solutions to complicated situations, research and resolution of certain contractual disputes and obligations.
- Furnishes information, such as reference documents and statistical data concerning labor legislation, labor market conditions, prevailing union and management practices, wage and salary surveys, and employee benefits programs, for use in review of current contract provisions and proposed changes.
- Organizes/coordinates resources to ensure effective production of services, resolution of problems, and preparation of schedules and setting deadlines to ensure timely completion of work.
- Monitor and analyze costs, oversee preparation of budget and coordinate activities of department with related activities of other departments to ensure efficiency and economy.
- Bachelor’s Degree and or equivalent related experience.
- 8+ years in the field or related industry.
- Contract negotiations as 1st chair
- Labor Law experience a plus
- Construction industry experience a plus
- Travel 50%
RELOCATION BENEFITS ARE AVAILABLE
Manager Labor Relations
Manager- Labor Relations
Labor Relations Manager
- Responsible for the development of a long term Labor Relations strategy for the INL, as well as responsibility for providing efficient and effective development and coordination of services both internally and externally to ensure the Labor Relations goals are met.
- Participate in the Battelle Communities of Practice for Labor Relations to utilize in-house expertise and address common DOE Labor Relations concerns.
- Set mission, vision, and strategy for INL’s Labor Relations programs ensuring organizational alignment with INL mission, vision and strategy.
- Develops Laboratory’s collective bargaining strategy in pursuit of the Laboratory’s strategic objectives.
- Provides leadership to the Labor Relations Department. Provide counsel, guidance and professional support to the Laboratory Director and Associate Lab Directors on matters pertaining to Labor Relations.
- Laboratory’s lead spokesman/negotiator in collective bargaining agreement negotiations and on major labor relations initiatives.
- Maintain strategic relationship with DOE-headquarters, DOE-ID, and local Congressional Delegation, as well as, senior leadership of bargaining units at INL.
- Maintain a positive working relationship with outside government organizations (National Labor Relations Board, Federal Mediation and Conciliation Services, Department of Labor).
- Demonstrate and employ a thorough understanding of the National Labor Relations Act and the Davis Bacon Act.
- Maintains confidentiality of sensitive employee information including salary and other personal information.
- BS Degree in Human Resources Management, Industrial Relations, Business Administration, Psychology, or Sociology or other related field with a minimum of seven (7) years’ experience or an advanced degree with a minimum of five (5) years’ experience.
Employee & Labor Relations Manager (Labor Relations Partner) (Mgm Springfield)
Labor Relations Manager
Labor Relations Sr Associate - Sr. Specialist
Plant Human Resources And Labor Relations Manager
Labor Relations Advocate
Labor Relations Representative
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!