Manager Quality Control Job Description Sample
Manager Quality Control
· 5+ years’ experience in QC role.
· MUST have a Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry.
· MUST have recent hands on experience working with HPLC and GC’s.
Architect - Quality Assurance And Quality Control Manager
We are searching for a licensed Architect- Quality Assurance And Quality Control Manager to become an integral part of our team! You will assure the quality of the construction document drawings, feasibility studies, specifications, schedules and reports we produce for our clients and developers.
- Establish and implement an internal quality review and evaluation process
- Review architectural and engineering construction documents and make corrections,
- Track and document all design errors and nonconformances and ensure timely corrections or resolutions.
- Establish Review and rework schedules;
- Work with other architects, technical team and sub-consultants to troubleshoot and resolve design and code issues
- Train staff on Customer Quality Expectations, proper design processes and practices
- Continuing audit, evaluation and analysis of methods, procedures and practices to ensure quality and requirements are met.
- Create a Design Quality Manual with general quality policies, specifications and practices
- Degree in Architecture and licensed professional
- Previous experience in quality assurance
- 10 + years of architectural experience.
- Strong analitical skills
- Deadline and detail-oriented
We are growing and offer great career opportunities. Our total compensation package is very competitive; our benefits and retirement programs are comprehensive and our paid time off is very generous. Our work culture is relaxed and casual - focused on employee development and advancement. We are a stable and successful firm driven by talented and passionate professionals and led by strong and sound leadership. Come join us and be a part of our incredible Story.
Equal Opportunity Employer- Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled encouraged to apply.
Project Manager / Quality Control Manager / Site Safety Officer
. Supervise technical staff and diverse trade personnel
· Execute projects in a timely manner utilizing safe and accurate construction practices to minimize rework.
· Implement effective cost controls over labor, material and equipment to maintain budget.
· Communicate project schedule and goals to foremen and crew on a regular basis.
· Train foremen on planning, surveying, plan reading, productivity, efficiency, economical crew size, quality workmanship, and safety to ensure projects are constructed efficiently and under budget.
· Assist Project Engineer in the preparation of submittals, change orders and claims.
· Continually prepare a two- and four-week schedule and ensure adherence.
· Prepare and submit daily reports.
· Coordinate and oversee subcontractors/suppliers to ensure adherence to purchase order agreement and project progress.
· Daily on-site visits to keep apprised of current operations and become aware of any developing issues.
· Ability to read and understand job plans and specifications.
· Must have USACE/NAVFAC Construction Quality Control Manager Certificate.
· Must have OSHA 30-hour Certificate.
· 10+ years of experience leading complex construction projects with values greater than $1 million.
· Experience with federal and state government projects highly desired.
· Degree in Engineering, Construction Management or related field desired, but not required. We will consider field experience commensurate with degree.
· Must have strong organizational and time management skills.
· Excellent communication and leadership skills as well as the ability to work in a team.
· Working knowledge of Microsoft Project, Word and Excel.
· Ability to accomplish goals and solve problems as they arise with limited supervision in a fast-paced environment.
Quality Control Manager
Quality Control Manager
Bachelor’s degree in a scientific or mathematical background
5 years of quality control experience in a manufacturing environment.
Excellent interpersonal and communication skills are required.
1 year of management experience with a proven record of managing multiple people and projects at the same time, while maintaining the highest level of quality, preferred.
Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint is required, as daily collection, analysis, and reporting of data is required.
ISO and Lean related experience a plus.
With the company’s continued dedication to sustainable product development, The Company is not only committed to the protection of the environment but also the health and safety of its employees and the communities it serves. We are a company driven by an entrepreneurial spirit, a results oriented culture and a philosophy based on individual performances and responsibility.
We are currently seeking a Quality Control Manager for our operation located near
Oversee the day to day operations of the production QC lab
Oversee and maintain the scheduling of QC Techs.
Collect, analyze, and report quality control documents on a weekly, monthly, and yearly basis to both Plant Managers and the Corporate Quality Manager
Develop, write, and control documentation related to work instruction, procedures, or any other pertinent documentation related to the quality department
Handle all customer related issues at their respective facility
Develop corrective and preventative actions, along with developing new testing procedures
Work closely with the plant manager to complete any quality related issues at the facilities
Accurately report findings to the necessary personnel and complete any necessary documentation.
Utilize various computer applications to compile, record and report test results
Performing rechecks, investigating complaints or problems and coordinating with the Production Manager on departmental quality issues.
Collecting and sending production samples to the corporate office and or storage as required.
Conducting chemical analyses and/or use independent labs to characterize the materials
Following The Company, OSHA, and MSHA safety regulations and guidelines
Labeling of waste shipments.
Responsible for other tasks within the employees training and skills as directed by the supervisor and/or department manager.
Performing general housekeeping within the laboratory
Collects miscellaneous samples (rainwater, raw materials, waste streams)
Assist with miscellaneous production tasks as directed by Plant Managers. Including housekeeping, basic labor tasks, etc.
Working in a physically demanding environment
Some travel may be required to other plant locations in the United States but in most cases will be minimal.
Quality Control Manager - Expat / International Position - Clearance Required
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Observes and monitors construction activities to assure quality and conformance with plans and specifications
- Monitors and documents construction progress on a daily basis
- Understands material testing procedures and witnesses test(s) performed by others
- Manages project documentation
- Prepares and maintains daily checklists and inspection reports
- Able to understand shop drawings
- Ability to understand reports and communicate issues in a timely manner
- Reviews, tracks and summarizes quality control non-conformances and ensures appropriate follow up
- Update Submittal Register
- Ability to review and understand submittals
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Must be a U.S. Citizen and eligible for a security clearance (able to pass a credit and criminal background check). Current clearance is a plus.
- At least 10 years of experience serving as Quality Control Manager on construction projects;
- Prefer at least 5 years of experience as Quality Control Manager on DOS or other Federal Government construction projects overseas.
- Experience must include the completion of a minimum of one project with a minimum contract value of $100M.
- Must have a degree in engineering, a degree in architecture, or a degree in construction management. The degree shall be from a 4-year accredited college/university;
Quality Control Manager - Food/Beverage Flavors
- Celebrating curiosity that leads to action
- Empowering our people
- Promoting diverse thinking
- Investing in innovation
- Acting on sustainability
- Embracing our differences
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in an applicable field of study such as Food Science, Chemistry, Biochemistry, Microbiology, or similar Science/Engineering.
- Demonstrated success with relevant GFSI standards including SQF, BRC, IFS, or FS 22000.
- Proven knowledge and understanding of Food Safety regulations, FSMA, and industry and market trends.
- Experience with flavors is preferred
- Achievement in assessing, developing and retaining top talent.
- Proven ability to lead with the following key competencies: Technical Expertise, Strategic Thinking & Influence, Process Optimization & Product Knowledge, and Leading & Managing Change.
- Develop and maintain qualified personnel within the plant Quality Control department. This involves organizational development, personnel assessment, training, direction and motivation.
- Develop and maintain procedures which assure product and service quality including ingredient and packaging control, product testing and clearance, product disposition system and rework control, GLP (Good Laboratory Practices), manufacturing procedures, aged inventory policy and may include quality systems and sanitation audits.
- Communicate and enforce standards in the areas of ingredient and product standards, process specifications, formula compliance, and regulatory compliance.
- Develop and lead the plant Quality Improvement Program in the areas of specifications and trending review, complaint investigation and corrective action, production right-the-first-time (RTFT), analytical and sensory capability of the QC team.
- Act as the primary technical liaison for Clark facility: Externally with customers and vendors; and internally with R&D and supply chain for the commercialization process.
Quality Control Manager
- Establish, implement, and maintain a quality system conforming to ISO 9001:2015
- Coordinate quality personnel activities
- Oversee disposition of all non-conforming material
- Correspond with customers on issues regarding quality
- Evaluate and report product and supplier quality performance
- Oversee quality related training
- Oversee root cause corrective actions, first article inspection reports, PPAP
A degree in engineering or quality control/or equivalent combination of education and quality control experience in a manufacturing environment.
Quality Control Manager
Precast concrete manufacturer in Puyallup, WA is looking for a Quality Control Manager. The Quality Control Manager will provide quality control oversight for the entire production team, as well as hands-on involvement on the production floor. Responsibilities will include concrete inspection, process development, and document management.
Top candidates will be organized, detailed, and process orientated. Additionally, ideal candidates will be innovative and willing to implement new ideas to promote enhanced quality control procedures and operational efficiency.
The QC Manager should also have the ability to represent the company to General Contractors, Architects, Engineers, Government Officials, etc.
Skills and Experience:
• Precast concrete industry experience (preferably with an NPCA or PCI Certified plant)
• Inspection and/or testing certification from ACI, NPCA, or PCI
•Degree in Civil or Structural Engineering preferred.
Construction Quality Control Manager
B.L. Harbert International is looking for a Quality Control Manager for various locations overseas. On many of our projects, the QC Manager is the single point of contact for the client and holds the highest authority and responsibility for the control of construction quality. The QC Manager will coordinate and manage a team of multi-national discipline engineers that will provide the infrastructure necessary to ensure the control of construction quality.
· Coordinate with the BLHI Project Engineer and the BLHI Construction Superintendent in all matters related to the field.
· Represent BLHI in all matters pertaining to Quality Control on-site with the client.
· Manage the review and evaluation of technical requirements and documents for specified quality criteria.
· Develop and manage QC inspection and test procedures and instructions.
· Monitor QC facilities and activities assuring compliance with test procedure requirements.
· Oversee and manage the QC staff to ensure that all contract requirements are being met
· Oversee all concrete testing in accordance with ACI and ASTM testing procedures and standards. In most cases, these tests are self-performed in an in-house/on-site lab. The QC Manager must know how to perform these tests and instruct others how to do so.
· Manage Quality Control inspections including closures and punch-lists.
· Manage project close-out and commissioning activities.
· US citizen. Willing to travel abroad on assignments in the vicinity of site for 2-4 years
· Possess or have the ability to obtain and maintain a clearance through the US Government
· Undergraduate Degree in an Engineering related discipline or Construction Management discipline
· 5+ years’ experience in the field of Construction Quality Control
· Experience in highly technical Department of Defense or Department of State projects
· Experience as CQC Manager on a successful DOD or DOS project overseas
· Experience with the USACE QMS program
· Proficiency in MS Office
· ACI Certification
B.L.HarbertInternational,LLC offers an excellent remuneration package including a competitive US base salary, applicable overseas uplifts, completion bonus, local housing, post allowance, local transportation, 30-days per year vacation, 401K plan and group insurance.
B.L.HarbertInternational,LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
At the core of our success is a decentralized decision-making and management operating philosophy. This has led to the formation of two distinct operating groups: the U.S. Group and the International Group.
BL Harbert's International Group provides preconstruction, design-build and MEP engineering services for U.S. Government facilities, civil/industrial, commercial, and hospitality clients in various locations throughout the world.
Our rich experience and self-perform model allow BL Harbert to provide our clients with secure, professional construction in every corner of the world. Since 2000, we have performed in excess of $5 billion worth of new construction in over 30 countries; all of the work built to U.S. specifications and standards. We have a proven track record of delivering first class facilities in some of the most remote places on earth.
We make every effort to immerse ourselves in local cultures and contribute to the welfare of local communities. We also hire workers from the local workforce and, by training them and refining their abilities, provide them with a life skill that they will be able to use long after we have gone. Our goal is to leave behind not only a world-class building, but also a local population that has a new positive view of the United States.
Quality Control Manager / Ssho - Short-Term Employment
The Quality Control Manager's responsibility is to support the the field construction Supervisor and Project Manager of the project and to help complete the Work on schedule, within the budget and to the quality of workmanship specified. Further, he / she will provide support help with the Quality Control Program per the specifications and Project QC Plan. Candidates with USACE / Air Force Quality Control, Superintendent and Project Experience preferred, Employees must be able to read blue prints, have an understanding of project cost analysis and effectively use company-required or utilized computer programs within a reasonable amount of time:
TYPICAL & ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Our firm performs work for several Federal Government Agencies, so a solid understanding of general Federal Government Construction procedures and requirements is a must. The candidate will have to be able to travel and relocate to the project jobsite area for longer term projects of 6+ months. In the performance of this function, it is the Project Engineer / Office Engineer responsibility to protect and promote our firm's interests in all matters and to do whatever is reasonably necessary to discharge his / her duties and responsibilities which include, but are not necessarily limited to, the following.
- To provide project support and to establish and maintain effective and team oriented working relationships of the on-site staff.
- To have a thorough and complete knowledge and understanding of the Contract, each Subcontract, the contract drawings, specifications and addenda, and to assist the Project Manager and Superintendent in the development of the on-site procedures.
- To examine the contract drawings, specifications and addenda for design deficiencies, impractical details and possible code violations, and to generate RFIs to be submitted to the USACE / Air Force.
- To work with the Project Manager and Superintendent to keep the project schedule properly updated, and to see that the job meets the various required dates.
- To work with the Quality Control Manager to ensure workmanship meets or exceeds project standards.
- To inspect site and make sure proper measures are being taken to adhere to Erosion and Sediment Control standards.
- To verify that each Subcontractor has completed his contractual requirements as condition precedent to beginning his work at the jobsite. This includes a attending pre-start meetings and approval of Safety Program.
- Be familiar with the EM 385-1-1, monitor field work for safety violations and inform the SSHO of any problems observed, take immediate action if necessary
- To cooperate with, and direct when necessary, the activities of the inspection agencies, and to effect remedial actions indicated by the reports of these agencies.
- To assist Superintendent onsite with weekly coordination meetings and safety meetings with the subcontractors and keep documentation for record.
- To receive and review the Subcontractors Daily Reports of work done and labor and material employed.
- To help Superintendent generate and submit Daily Reports to the Project Manager on a no less than weekly basis.
- To review all as-built prints.
- To participate, as required, in the timely preparation of monthly requisitions to the Owner.
- To review and approve all time and material work vouchers and invoices.
- To maintain good relations and communications with all involved in the project.
SAFETY RESPONSIBILITIES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO):
To insure that subcontractor enforces their safety programs including the holding of toolbox safety meetings. Refer and adhere to the our firm's Safety Manual for further instruction and OSHA regulations.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
Educational and experience requirements include: Four year degree accredited college university, engineering or construction management. Experience with DoD construction contracts; especially building, renovation, electrical, mechancial and utilities construction. Familiar with U.S. Army Corps of Engineers EM 385-1-1 Safety and Health Requirements. Advanced management or technical training preferred. Minimum of 3 years experience as a Project Engineer / Office Engineer or Project Manager. Maintain current USACE CQM management certification. Excellent organizational, supervisory and decision making/problem solving skills are essential.
- Microsoft Office Suite Certificates & Licenses
- Up-to-date CPR / AED Certification
- 30-hr. OSHA Training
- LEED AP or LEED Training (a plus)
- Typing Skills (30 words / minute or better)
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as required to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Our firm is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action and E-Verify employer. All qualified candidates will receive full and fair consideration for employment. All applicants and employees are protected from unlawful discrimination and harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, veteran status, disability or any other category protected by applicable law.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!