Mannequin Mold Maker Job Description Sample
Mold Maker - 1St Or 3Rd Shift - Wages Increased!!
As part of Caterpillar's Continuous Improvement journey, we are always striving to make the right changes when necessary. We are happy to announce that the starting pay for our Mold Maker position has been increased to $14.40/hour with an additional $0.75 per hour shift differential for all 3rd shift positions.
As a Mold Maker at Caterpillar Inc., you will perform a variety of manual and/or machine functions related to Coremaking such as dipping, inspecting and assembling (3 or less) cores. You will also operate and/or lock out equipment to clean molding floor and reclaim or dispose of sand in basement levels.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
Core box mounting
Mixing and testing core sand
Molding functions such as preparing pouring basins
Mold spraying, drying and/or venting
Operating punch-out and related equipment
Performs melting functions such as sample taking, slag skimming
Finishing functions such as riser breaking (floor)
Hand chipping, finning and wire pulling
Operates shakeouts, stand and portable grinders
Ramblast and de-finning machines
- Two years of prior work experience
Physical Requirements (with or without reasonable accommodations):
Ability to frequently lift and carry boxes weighing up to 35 pounds
Ability to stand throughout a 12-hour shift
Ability to operate heavy machinery and manufacturing equipment
Top candidates will also have:
Previous machine shop, foundry, or manufacturing experience
Verbal and written communication skills
Problem solving and decision-making
Positions are for 1st or 3rd shift
1st shift hours are Monday through Thursday 6:00 AM - 4:30 PM
3rd shift hours are Sunday through Thursday 7:00 PM - 5:30 AM
Starting wage is $14.40 plus an additional .75/hour shift differential
There is no relocation offered for these positions.
Please ensure you frequently check the e-mail account you provided on your application, including the spam/junk folder, as this is the primary correspondence method in our recruiting process.
Caterpillar is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status; however, as a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.Caterpillar.com/Careers
Mold Maker - Plastic
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in "Automotive News." A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
The Tool Maker is responsible for injection mold maintenance, repair and mechanical function.
Follow and maintain all policies, procedures, work instructions and forms including mold work orders and preventive maintenance documents. Disassembly and assembly of molds to repair and/or perform preventive maintenance. Ensure molds are in proper mechanical working order. Diagnose problems and determine corrective actions. Examine molded parts and molds to determine feasibility of modifications. Modify and/or adjust molds for processing/engineering/functionality purposes. Welding, spotting, benching, polishing, drilling, machining and fitting. Electrical repair including hot runner manifolds, cables, limit switches, etc. Hydraulic/Pneumatic cylinder repair.
MIDNIGHT SHIFT; 11PM TO 7:30AM
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
High School Diploma or GED.
Journeyman Mold Maker certification.
Minimum 5 years injection mold build / mold repair experience, automotive knowledge helpful.
Fork Lift and Crane Certifications.
Internal applicants must satisfactorily pass the Skilled Trades Aptitude test.
Detailed knowledge of:
Welding and spotting, micro and laser welding knowledge helpful.
High polish knowledge helpful.
Hot runner function and repair including electric, hydraulic and pneumatic valve gates.
Operating experience with lathes including cutting threads, vertical milling machines, surface grinder and other metal working equipment.
STARTING PAY $27.50/HOUR
- Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement• Paid holidays and vacation time What do our employees have to say?"It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.""Lots of growth opportunity.""The company's young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable."Not just a job—a great place to work! Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.
Apprentice Tool & Mold Maker
Catalent hires people with a passion to make a difference to the health of millions of people globally. Your expertise, coupled with Catalent's advanced technologies and collaboration with thousands of innovative pharmaceutical, biotech and healthcare companies, will help bring life-enhancing products to the people you know and love. Your talents, ideas and passion are essential to our mission; to develop, manufacture and supply products that help people live better, healthier lives. Interested in learning more about life at Catalent? Start here
Tool & Mold Maker Apprentice
The hours for this position are M-F 7am - 2:30pm
We offer a state of the art apprenticeship, as part of the ICATT Apprenticeship Program, which ensures that you gain practical skills as well as academic knowledge so you are prepared to start your career in manufacturing. Besides being paid during your training at our facility in Woodstock, we also cover the costs for you to attend the associated college program through McHenry County College. Upon completion of the program you will have an Associate Degree as well as national and international credentials.
This position is an entry level role with responsibility for building and repairing injection and specialized blow molds and the necessary tooling for automation and packaging equipment
Build new tooling and mold design
Fit and assemble parts to make, repair, or modify dies, jigs, gauges, and tools, using machine tools and hand tools
Study blueprints, sketches, models, or specifications to plan sequences of operations for fabricating tools, dies, jigs or assemblies
Verify dimensions, alignments, and clearances of finished parts for conformance to specifications, using measuring instruments such as calipers, gauge blocks, micrometers, and dial indicators
Must be able learn to operate and maintain all aspects of tool room machinery and equipment such as grinder, milling machine, lathe and CNC machinery
Demonstrate basic knowledge of shop mathematics and use geometric and trigonometric formulas
High School Diploma
Apprentices must be accepted into the applicable college program, via a college placement exam.
Ability to stand for up to 8 hours per day
Frequent sitting, standing, walking, reading of written documents and use of computer monitor screen, talking, writing, listening
Occasional climbing ladders/steps, walking up inclines and uneven terrain, reaching with hands and arms, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, twisting, bending, handling, turning, balancing, carrying, grasping
Frequent lifting and/or moving up to 30 pounds
Successful candidates will possess Catalent's standard leadership competencies that are used to interview and for Performance & Development:
Leads with Integrity and Respect
Demonstrates Business Acumen
Fosters Collaboration and Teamwork
Engages and Inspires
Coaches and Develops
Catalent offers rewarding opportunities to further your career! Join the global drug development and delivery leader and help us bring over 7,000 life-saving and life-enhancing products to patients around the world. Catalent is an exciting and growing international company where employees work directly with pharma, biopharma and consumer health companies of all sizes to advance new medicines from early development to clinical trials and to the market. Catalent produces more than 70 billion doses per year, and each one will be used by someone who is counting on us. Join us in making a difference.
Catalent. More products. Better treatments. Reliably supplied. ™
Visit www.catalent.com/careers to explore career opportunities.
Catalent is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or gender identity. If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process due to a disability, you may submit your request by sending an email, and confirming your request for an accommodation and include the job number, title and location to DisabilityAccommodations@catalent.com. This option is reserved for individuals who require accommodation due to a disability. Information received will be processed by a U.S. Catalent employee and then routed to a local recruiter who will provide assistance to ensure appropriate consideration in the application or hiring process.
Notice to Agency and Search Firm Representatives: Catalent Pharma Solutions (Catalent) is not accepting unsolicited resumes from agencies and/or search firms for this job posting. Resumes submitted to any Catalent employee by a third party agency and/or search firm without a valid written & signed search agreement, will become the sole property of Catalent. No fee will be paid if a candidate is hired for this position as a result of an unsolicited agency or search firm referral. Thank you.
Sr. Specialist - Tool & Mold Maker Machinist
Researches, plans, designs, and develops mechanical products such as molds, fixtures, jigs and machinery.
Applies research to the planning, design, development, and testing of mechanical and/or electromechanical systems instruments, controls, engines, and/or machines.
Supports the success of the function and teams within the function by providing effective technical services and accurate information for overall effectiveness.
Interacts with internal and external contacts to provide clear straightforward effective and factual communication and information.
Prepares molds, fixtures, jigs and machinery based on work orders and drawings.
Sets up and operates manual and complex Computerized Numerical Control (CNC) machine shop equipment in a safe manner.
Maintains a broad awareness of the roles of immediate team members and the work function.
Resolves limited and non-routine problems as required.
Alcon is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify. Alcon takes pride in maintaining a diverse environment and our policies are not to discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Alcon is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please send an email to email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Equal Employment Opportunity Posters: If you'd like to view a copy of the Alcon's affirmative action plan or policy statement, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Number: 5409
Job Title: Mold Maker
Location: Des Moines, IA
Relocation Available: Yes
Our client, located in Des Moines, Iowa, is currently seeking to fill the position of Mold Maker. We need someone who will improve the efficiency of our team as a whole. If you are a hard worker, efficient with your time, a quick learner, and a great attitude. We are looking to fill this position quickly so apply today!
This 25+ year old molding company specializing in 2-shot, insert micro, and micro molding and serving the medical, micro-electronics, micro-optics, automotive electronics, military, and aerospace markets. They provide design for manufacturability, tooling, mold building, automation, and packaging.
This person will complete assigned engineering tasks as needed to build plastic injection molds. Use various machining techniques to produce a quality plastic part that meets the requirements of the customer. Provide tooling support to the engineering, production, quality and maintenance departments.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Two-year Tool & Die Degree or four years’ experience in tooling or mold making preferred.
- Experience using mold-making tools such as metal saws, mills, grinders, lathes, EDM sinkers, EDM Hole Burner and CNC Mill.
- Knowledge of Windows based CAD programs such as Master cam, AutoCAD and Solid Works.
- Clean and maintain production tools and molds.
- Build components for new tools, existing tools and molds through the use of tool room equipment, using designs created by the engineering department. Read and interpret plans from paper drawings or computer files.
- May be assigned role as Project Leader for the building of new tools.
- Using toolmakers scope, measures, examines, diagnoses and trouble-shoots new and existing molds to make improvements or corrections.
- Work as a team with project leaders to ensure that projects are finished quickly and precisely.
- Other duties as required.
- Computer Skills: Ability to operate personal computer. Knowledge of Windows based CAD programs such as Master cam, AutoCAD and Solid Works.
- Language Skills: Ability to read, comprehend, and utilize instructions and short correspondence with professionals. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to other employees.
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratios, percent and use trigonometry. Ability to read and understand complicated designs and drawings.
- Supervisory Responsibilities: Ability to direct work task to others if you are assigned the lead role in a project.
- 2nd shift 2:00 PM - 10:30 PM Monday- Friday (5% shift differential).
- 3rd shift 10:00 PM - 6:30 AM Monday- Friday (15% shift differential).
Master Mold Maker
Constructs, alters and repairs a variety of molds, tools, jigs, fixtures, gauges and special machines. Operates CNC and EDM equipment.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
1. Sets up and operates tool room machinery to perform complex work of high accuracy and finish meeting close dimensions and specifications.
2. Constructs and assembles complex tooling, molds, fixtures, jigs and gauges from prints, sketches and verbal explanations to meet customer requirements with minimal supervisor's direction.
3. Utilizes CAD to develop print design or make changes, adjustments as required to meet quality requirements.
4. Operates CNC and EDM equipment as needed.
5. Trouble shoots all molds, tools jigs and fixtures.
6. Directs work to mold makers and Tool Room personnel as assigned during the tool room leader's absence.
7. Performs heat treatment on molds, tools, etc. as required.
8. Changes print dimensions in order to meet proper assembly of tooling with supervisor's approval.
9. Provides apprenticeship training as required.
10. Repairs, interchanges and adjusts molds as required.
11. Attends training as required to achieve benchmark quality performance
12. Performs job in a safe manner to meet company safety goals.
13. Meets or exceeds department and company goals
14. Refers extremely complex problems to supervisor or leader.
15. Performs all related work tasks as assigned.
16. Follows all company policies and procedures
1. Participates in Kaizen or Lean events as required
2. Follows and maintains 5s requirements
3. Works with little supervision and helps train other mold makers
1. Thorough knowledge for mold/tool fabrication, injection molding and tool room machinery.
2. Knowledge of CAD/CAM and ability to develop print design to meet customer requirements.
3. Ability to set‑up and operate tool room equipment, including CNC and EDM to meet close print dimensions and specifications.
4. Ability to construct and assemble complex tooling, molds, fixtures, jigs and gauges.
5. Advanced blue print reading is a must and ability to work from hand sketched prints from customers as required.
6. Proficient with measuring equipment
7. Working knowledge of Cad and computers
Excellent Health Benefits, Paid Vacation,Retirement
Certified Mold Maker
As a trusted name in building and infrastructure for more than 50 years, we're a customer-focused company that grows through product innovation broadening the solution for the entire industry. We are dedicated to providing an engaging and positive work environment. Many of our employee’s have enjoyed working for us the greater part of their careers; we have many employees with 20, 25 and even 30 years of experience. IPEX offers opportunities for learning and advancement.
Our Pineville Plant is looking for a Mold Maker to join our Team! The successful candidate will be responsible of supporting the fittings production department. This activity is to be conducted while ensuring and maximizing safety, product, production output, housekeeping and cost control to achieve plant goals.
- Provide preventive maintenance of molds as required. Including assembling, disassembling, finishing, rust spraying, sprue brushing, water testing, checking or testing sensors on hydraulics, check ejector system, slides, switches, hydraulic cylinders and motors, cleaning molds, and lubrication.
- Create, inspect, test, maintain, repair and make modifications to tools and molds as required. Tasks may involve but are not limited to grinding, EDM, milling, drilling, polishing, engraving, turning, welding, replace, finishing, rust spraying, lubricating, cut and/or measure new ejector pins, and disassembling and assembling of molds
- Identify changeover parts. Remove, clean and store pieces not needed in proper location. Change cavities, cores, ejector pins and medallions.
- Inspect all parts received as listed, measure core sizes, water flow test, check hardness, check venting and ensure proper engraving.
- Conduct major mold repairs and simple repairs to press as required
- Work with Setup Technicians to complete required administrative details such as but not limited to recording notes and comments within the MES database.
- Ensure mold information is maintained, updated and documented.
- Communicate to management status updates of all work completed, in process or planned in a timely manner.
- Coordinate with Quality Control for any quality issues and Maintenance for any repairs or troubleshooting that is required.
- Make any tools and fixtures as required, Assist in training new Mold Technicians as required.
- Perform other duties as required and/or assigned.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in Plastics Manufacturing dedicated to Mold Making or Tool and Die
- State/Federal approved Journeyman’s Mold Maker Certificate required or pending certification
- Completion of high school education or equivalent minimum
- Must have the ability to read, write and do advanced mathematics- intermediate trigonometry
- Must be licensed to operate forklift truck, pallet truck and other material handling equipment
- Have an understanding of procedures and instructions as required by ANSI/ASQC A9002
- Successful candidate must complete a successful CTPAT background check
- Applied knowledge of CAM programs (SURFCAM) and CNC machining practices in a shop environment.
Mold Maker - Medical Device
Job Description: SummaryThe Moldmaker operates state of the art CAD/CAM software (Cimatron/Solid Works), high speed mill (Mikron HSM400) and EDM (Charmille 35P) equipment to produce prototype parts, thermo-plastic and thermo-set injection molds, and lab equipment used in the development of new products or changes to existing products. Working from computer generated models (3D solid or surface model files) to design/program toolpaths for electrode and direct milling operations. Generally, output is compared to, or created from approved 3D-source model. Work is checked against design with use of precision measuring tools (Nikon VS/Zeiss CMM). Work accuracy is not checked by supervisor.
Operates lathe, mill, drill press, CNC EDM, HSM and lathe machine tools, and various grinders with proficiency required to produce parts necessary for the construction of new prototype machinery, equipment, molds, and product prototypes. Capability to program 3D CNC Mill tool paths for both electrode and direct milling operations preferred.
Performs machining tasks necessary for the maintenance and repair of prototype equipment to support Technology Project Development.
Plans and lays out work. Makes standard shop computations relating to dimensions of work, tooling, feeds, and speeds of machinery. Selects materials, parts and equipment required for each assignment.
Able to work from 3D models, 2D drawings, blueprints, schematics or verbal instructions to produce simple and complex mechanisms, tools, jigs, and fixtures.
Able to use precision measuring instruments and hand tools to accomplish assigned tasks.
Ability to operate injection molding press would be desirable. Ability to design rapid tools and run high speed mill would be desirable.
Comply with all local, state, federal, and BD safety regulations, policies, and procedures including RCRA Hazardous Waste regulations.
Comply with all local BD quality policies, procedures, and practices through consistent application of sound quality assurance principles.
Other duties as assigned.
High School Degree/GED.
5+ years of tool-making experience.
Must be able to operate lathes, milling machines, EDM and surface grinders with a high degree of skill.
Job skills should be equal to those of a Journeyman and are usually acquired through formal training programs.
ADDITIONAL AND PREFERRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
5 + years directly related mold making experience preferred.
Extensive injection mold building, tool and die fabrication preferred.
3D CAD/CAM skills/experience also preferred.
A.A. or A.S. Degree in technical field related to job function preferred
Additional experience may be traded on a year for year basis with education.
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status
Primary Work LocationUSA UT - Sandy
Work ShiftNA (United States of America)
Mold Maker III
TE Connectivity (NYSE: TEL) is a $12 billion global technology leader. Our connectivity and sensor solutions are essential in today's increasingly connected world. We collaborate with engineers to transform their concepts into creations - redefining what's possible using intelligent, efficient and high-performing TE products and solutions proven in harsh environments. Our 72,000 people, including over 7,000 engineers, partner with customers in over 150 countries across a wide range of industries. We believe EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS - www.TE.com
TE Connectivity's Mold Makers apply knowledge of mold design and construction to the construction, conditioning, modification, repair and maintenance of injection and transfer molds, gauges, cutting tools, jigs and fixtures. In some instances they may fabricate new molds by analyzing blueprints, sketches, models and engineering or shop specifications. Every team member is responsible for maintaining housekeeping and organization of the work area as well as following TE Connectivity's EH&S policies and procedures.
This position requires access to information which is subject to stringent controls under the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or Export Administration Regulations (EAR).
Applicants must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. lawful permanent resident, person granted asylee status in the U.S., or person admitted into the U.S. as a refugee
Responsibilities & Qualifications
Develop proficiency on 4-6 select machines used in the mold making process (lathes, manual/CNC mill, grinders, jig bores, jig grinders, EDM, etc.)
Read blueprints to determine matching and proper sequence of operations based on factors such as type of metal, size of part, finished requirements, matching time, etc.
Changeover molds, fit and assemble parts into mold cavities and verify dimensions, alignment, and clearance
Dissemble complex mold tooling for repair and cleaning, rework details as needed
Analyze and correct complex mold malfunctions to assure quality production
Fabricate and hand fit mold tooling
Disassemble mold tooling for repair and cleaning
Operate precision measurement devices
High School Diploma required
8-year minimum work experience required
Strong mechanical ability and troubleshooting skills
US citizen or perm legal resident required.
Values: Integrity, Accountability,Teamwork, Innovation
At TE, we believe in unleashing people's potential. We have Employee Resource Groups (Women In Networking, ALIGN – LGBTQ, Young Professionals, etc.) to support and promote a diverse workplace and a culture of inclusion for the development of different perspectives, styles and ideas. By doing this, we are consistently recognized by Thomson Reuters, and now Clarivate Analytics, as one of the Top 100 Innovators, as well as deemed one of the world's most ethical companies by Ethisphere.
Oceanside, CA, US, 92058
Requisition ID: 48862
Mold Maker - Anchor Hocking
Role Title: Mold Maker - Anchor Hocking 
Department: Product Supply
The Oneida Group is a leading global marketer of tabletop and food preparation products for the consumer and foodservice markets. With a comprehensive line of tabletop and food preparation products, we market our products globally under a broad range of consumer brands including Oneida and Anchor Hocking. Customers range from Fortune 500 companies to medium and small-sized companies in the consumer, foodservice, business-to-business and e-commerce channels. The company operates two glass manufacturing plants in the U.S. and sources a variety of propriety designed tableware products.
The Oneida Group's vision is to be the leading global marketer of trusted brands in dining and food preparation, recognized for providing quality tabletop and kitchen solutions.
Repair and produce quality mold equipment to specified dimensions and tolerances.
Produces gauges, templates, and fitters as necessary.
Perform all mold, mold equipment, and formers.
Make necessary repair (weld) to glass manufacturing surfaces as required.
Setup and program machines and equipment.
Communicate all problems and changes as they occur to the Supervisor.
Perform repairs and make adjustments to machines and equipment as required
Perform general maintenance on cutting tools as required.
Develop sample molds as required from ideas and concept sketches.
Maintain quality housekeeping and good safety practices in the work area.
Do other work as required by supervision.
4+ years experience producing mold equipment to specific dimensions while maintaining overall quality.
Experience with the following machines/equipment: Engine, turret, tracing, and CNC lathes
Primary Location: Lancaster, Ohio
All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status. If you require a special accommodation, please contact us at HRServices@theoneidagroup.com.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!