Mannequin Mold Maker Job Description Sample
Master Mold Maker
Constructs, alters and repairs a variety of molds, tools, jigs, fixtures, gauges and special machines. Operates CNC and EDM equipment.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
1. Sets up and operates tool room machinery to perform complex work of high accuracy and finish meeting close dimensions and specifications.
2. Constructs and assembles complex tooling, molds, fixtures, jigs and gauges from prints, sketches and verbal explanations to meet customer requirements with minimal supervisor's direction.
3. Utilizes CAD to develop print design or make changes, adjustments as required to meet quality requirements.
4. Operates CNC and EDM equipment as needed.
5. Trouble shoots all molds, tools jigs and fixtures.
6. Directs work to mold makers and Tool Room personnel as assigned during the tool room leader's absence.
7. Performs heat treatment on molds, tools, etc. as required.
8. Changes print dimensions in order to meet proper assembly of tooling with supervisor's approval.
9. Provides apprenticeship training as required.
10. Repairs, interchanges and adjusts molds as required.
11. Attends training as required to achieve benchmark quality performance
12. Performs job in a safe manner to meet company safety goals.
13. Meets or exceeds department and company goals
14. Refers extremely complex problems to supervisor or leader.
15. Performs all related work tasks as assigned.
16. Follows all company policies and procedures
1. Participates in Kaizen or Lean events as required
2. Follows and maintains 5s requirements
3. Works with little supervision and helps train other mold makers
1. Thorough knowledge for mold/tool fabrication, injection molding and tool room machinery.
2. Knowledge of CAD/CAM and ability to develop print design to meet customer requirements.
3. Ability to set‑up and operate tool room equipment, including CNC and EDM to meet close print dimensions and specifications.
4. Ability to construct and assemble complex tooling, molds, fixtures, jigs and gauges.
5. Advanced blue print reading is a must and ability to work from hand sketched prints from customers as required.
6. Proficient with measuring equipment
7. Working knowledge of Cad and computers
Excellent Health Benefits, Paid Vacation,Retirement
You will be working with a manufacturer that is continually introducing new products that require new molds in support of their injection molding facility. All of the generally accepted capabilities are expected as you will be using manual & CNC machining equip, plus Wire EDM, ID-OD grinders and a variety of smaller tools and equipment to produce this variety of molds.
This role consistently communicates with supervisor and VP of Engineering as it relates to type of runner, gating, venting, molding machine to be used, plus all critical dimensions, finishes, and absence of flash
The position does not only entail the new production of molds but also the repair and restoration of existing molds. Must be able to produce applicable fixtures for each mold. Experience in plastic injection molding is a must.
As the weather turns cold in some parts of the US, here is the opportunity to takes your life’s skills to a climate that allows a different lifestyle…Sunny California. If you wish to pursue the mold maker position, we want to talk to you today, don’t delay.
Mold Maker/Tool Maker
Mold Maker - Medical Device
Tool & Die Maker/ Mold Maker
Mold Maker - 1St Or 3Rd Shift - Wages Increased!!
Mold Maintenance Technician##Lodi, California
Plastic Injection Mold Production Supervisor
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!