Manufacturing Engineer Job Description Sample
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Candidates must have permanent work authorization in the U.S. (NO sponsorship is available for this position) *
Federal-Mogul's Bearings business in Blacksburg Virginia is looking for a Manufacturing Engineer will be responsible for planning, design, purchase, and/or implementation of manufacturing processes. This position will also help determine the manufacturing processes required to achieve manufacturing goals according to product specifications.
An ideal candidate would be an experienced and degreed Manufacturing Engineer who has worked in a fast paced-manufacturing environment. This person will report to the Engineering Manager and will become a valued member of our Engineering department therefore, opportunities for advancement are strong.
We are ready to act immediately on those candidates who are the best fit for the role. You'll first hear from someone in Talent Acquisition to schedule a phone screen, and then the next step will be a personal interview with our management staff. We pride ourselves on moving through processes quickly, and you can be sure of transparency and prompt communication throughout.
Provide and implement continuous improvement and cost reduction strategies.
Project Coordination between manufacturing, technical, support and financial groups.
Assist in preventative maintenance and equipment design.
Writes and submits Capital and Expense Projects, including analysis for justification and tracking spending.
Provides training and work instructions on new equipment and process changes.
Coordinates ECAP's and Process and Routing Changes.
Provides technical support for Plant Safety activities including ergonomics at the work stations.
Education: Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field.
Skills & Experience:
Minimum 5 years' experience in manufacturing environment required.
Experience desired with machine vision system development &
Strong technical writing & communication skills required.
Technical knowledge of signal processing & hands-on experience with transducers, signal conditioning & data acquisition preferred.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
HNI Corporation, an industry leader in office furniture design and manufacturing, is in search of a Manufacturing Engineer to join their Leveraged Furniture Operations (LFO) team of HON and Allsteel in Muscatine, Iowa! As a Manufacturing Engineer, you will perform a variety of engineering activities as they impact our manufacturing operations. This can encompass improvements or modifications in production processes, recommendations of changes in procedures, as well as monitoring operations to ensure compliance with approved methods and quality standards. These roles require strong problem-solving skills and analytical capabilities. With this, you will capture critical knowledge of many facets of operations, as well as opportunities for long-term career growth. Our Manufacturing Engineers often advance into areas such as supply chain or production leadership and develop very well-rounded foundations of knowledge.
If you hold a Bachelors’ Degree in Engineering, enjoy challenges and embrace continuous improvement, the Manufacturing Engineer role is an excellent opportunity!
Some of the essential aspects of the Manufacturing Engineer position include:
Investigate and resolve work-in-process problems
Recommend and implement improvements or modifications for manufacturing processes, equipment utilization, and related matters.
Confer with other engineers to clarify and resolve problems
Monitor operations to assure compliance
Responsibilities of Manufacturing Engineer:
· Improve manufacturing safety and efficiency by analyzing production requirements and planning work flow, space requirements, manufacturing processes and equipment layout.
· Overall facility condition and maintenance including coordinating equipment and facility preventative maintenance programs and requesting special service vendors.
· Technical support for plant layout, purchase of equipment, upgrade of equipment, feasibility studies and assist with capital procurement projects including conferring with equipment vendors.
· Manufacturing decision-making information by calculating production, labor, and material costs, reviewing production schedules and estimating future requirements.
· Manufacturing support for new product launches including tooling documentation, work instruction creation, and gauging implementation. Evaluate manufacturing methods for assembly, tooling, and materials including interacting and soliciting observations from plant operators.
· Design manufacturing process tooling, fixtures and gages.
· Maintain and update work instructions to optimize quality, consistency, & productivity. Work with production supervisors and production support to develop employee training material.
Experience Required for Manufacturing Engineer:
· Bachelor’s degree in Engineering plus 5 or more years of relevant experience.
· Experience in assembly environment and plant layout desired
· Ability to work well independently and in a team setting, particularly as part of a cross functional team.
· Proven project management skills with the ability to effectively prioritize projects.
· Excellent analytical abilities and problem-solving capabilities including expertise to collect, organize, synthesize, and analyze data, summarize findings, develop conclusions, and make recommendations.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Strong computer skills including MS Office, and 2D & 3D CAD (SolidWorks and Solid Edge CAD software experience preferred)
Designs and plans layout for such activities as machining, metal forming, plastics processing, welding and brazing, assembly, and materials handling. Adapts machine or equipment design to factory and production conditions.
Designs arrangement of machines within plant facilities to ensure most efficient and productive layout. Designs sequence of operations and specifies procedures for the fabrication of tools and equipment and other functions that affect product performance. May incorporate inspection and test requirements into the production plan.
Inspects performance of machinery, equipment, and tools to verify their efficiency, and investigates and initiates corrective action of problems and deficiencies to ensure product quality. Develops manufacturing processes that are applicable to statistical process control, and may develop those techniques. Provides guidance to Engineering regarding design concepts and specification requirements to best utilize equipment and manufacturing techniques. Ensure compliance with company programs procedures and applicable quality system regulations and standards.
Position Title: Manufacturing Engineer
Job ID: ES20191001-29554
Location: Melbourne, FL
Harris Corporation is seeking an engineer to lead manufacturing related activities on programs and prototypes for wireless solutions. The type of hardware produced and tested at this Harris location is often complex, containing circuit card assemblies (CCAs), microelectronic assemblies, cable harnesses and higher level system assemblies.
Interfacing with design engineers to ensure design for ease of manufacturing and test
Planning and requesting manpower/equipment/process resources
Generating assembly documentation and directing support personnel in the day-to-day execution of the manufacturing and test tasks.
Providing technical support for subcontractors as needed
Assisting with high visibility manufacturing efforts with formal cost and schedule responsibilities and direct customer interface.
Supporting process improvement initiatives of technical and operational nature.
Designing and developing manufacturing and engineering tools, strategies and systems.
Planning and supporting the build and modification of electronics systems including procurement support, assembly method/work instructions generation, tooling design support, material/process development, facilities/equipment planning, and resolution of manufacturing, quality and reliability issues.
Supporting warranty repairs
Estimating manufacturing costs, determine time standards, and make recommendations for tooling and process requirements of new or existing product lines.
Supporting the root cause and corrective action process.
- Bachelor's Degree in mechanical, electrical, aerospace or industrial engineering with 0-2 years industry experience.
- 0-2 years of hands-on experience with high reliability electronic assembly processes for SMT CCAs as well as microelectronic assembly processes for MCMs and Hybrids (i.e. die attach, wire bonding, dispensing, hermetic sealing, etc.).
- A minimum of 0-2 years of experience in applying best practice FMEA/DFMA/DTC methodologies.
Background in the manufacturing of electronics for high reliability military and government systems is preferred.
Background in development and new product introduction manufacturing efforts is preferred.
Background in developing manufacturing processes and transferring such to production is preferred.
Experience with MIL/ IPC workmanship and performance standards related to electronic assemblies (Mil-Std 883, Mil-Perf-38534, IPC-610, etc.), is a plus
Experience with root cause of manufacturing process problems, workmanship defects, mechanical test failures, etc. is preferred.
Experience in lean manufacturing and leading process improvement initiatives
Please be aware that many of our positions require a security clearance, or the ability to obtain one. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Harris is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that Harris Corporation may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Candidates must have permanent work authorization in the U.S. (NO sponsorship is available for this position) *
Federal Mogul's Sealing and Gaskets business is looking for a Manufacturing Engineer who will be responsible for applying engineering principles and analytical techniques to establish and continuously improve manufacturing processes and products. The ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced manufacturing environment is essential to your success at Federal-Mogul.
The position will develop, recommend, and implement changes which will result in the improvement of manufacturing processes and or product quality. The ideal candidate is degreed with experience working with injections and compression molding operations in a high-speed manufacturing environment.
We are ready to act immediately on those candidates who are the best fit for the role. You'll first hear from someone in Talent Acquisition and then the next step will be a personal interview with our Athens management team. We pride ourselves on moving through processes quickly, and you can be sure of transparency and prompt communication throughout.
Investigate and solve problems related to tooling, equipment, and processes.
Analyzes and plans work force utilization, space requirements and workflow, designs layout of equipment and workspace for maximum efficiency.
Assist the Process Line Manager in the development of capital and expense budgets.
Evaluate new product and make recommendations relative to manufacturing feasibility.
Train department personnel in safety, setup, operations and troubleshooting of existing and new equipment.
Estimate production rates, setup and tooling cost for inquiry and new part setup.
Education: Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering or related engineering field.
Skills & Experience:
Minimum of 4-5 years' manufacturing experience working in high volume production required.
Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) and demonstrated computer skills are required.
Strong problem solving skills required.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
VALUE STREAM MANUFACTURING ENGINEER
Provide engineering and technical services to the Value Stream to achieve the overall manufacturing goal of consistently producing quality, low cost products which meet or exceed customer expectations by addressing major production problems, ensuring optimum manufacturing methods and techniques and implementing cost improvement programs. It is important that the Manufacturing Engineer maintain a proper balance between operations support and project management.
Partner with the Value Stream Team to ensure that performance meets or exceed budgeted performance (i.e. customer service level, scrap/material variances, expenses, labor productivity performance, build plan attainment and capacity analysis).
Ensure that manufacturing processes and procedures comply with FDA, OSHA, ISO, corporate and divisional regulations, policies, and procedures (i.e. process qualification/validation, operation procedures, accurate standards, documentation, etc.).
Identify and resolve repetitive and major production issues that are affecting department performance especially when resolutions of such issues require technical solutions.
Support new product programs by partnering with Product Development and Value Stream Team, acting as liaison and transfer engineer, for new product introduction into manufacturing in the most cost effective, timely and efficient manner.
Identify and manage cost improvement programs by developing more cost effective methods for producing products. Programs will typically improve manufacturing costs by reducing material costs, improving labor performance, reducing labor requirements, reducing scrap and improving machine utilization.
Provide technical support to supply chain to ensure continuous and cost effective supply of quality product components.
Develop and manage part and product redesign programs that will reduce manufacturing costs, improve manufacturability, process capabilities and process yields.
Develop annual goals/objectives and communicate to Value Stream Team to achieve consensus, support and buy-in for technical programs.
Perform other duties as directed by management.
MEASURES OF PERFORMANCE
Accomplishments against specific goals (on time, on budget, as specified)
Overall department performance vs. budget (i.e. scrap, labor performance, utilization)
Cost improvement and profitability contribution
Ability to manage multiple commitments and competing priorities
Ability to identify and resolve production problems
Ability to achieve consensus and support for technical programs
Engineering degree with a minimum of 2 years experience in manufacturing environment that is both labor and machine intensive.
Experience in engineering project management.
A proven track record of cost reduction and work simplification
Creative individual who is able to communicate and coordinate good ideas through to implementation. Ability to communicate well, both orally and written
Six Sigma Green Belt desired & Solid understanding of Lean Principles.
Familiarity with programs such as Excel, AutoCad, MiniTab, Microsoft Word, Power Point, etc.
Thorough understanding of medical device manufacturing, especially as it relates to FDA ( GMP ) manufacturing requirements
Passing of background check which may include verification of prior employment and educational records.
CooperSurgical is an equal employment opportunity employer and strong advocate of workforce diversity. Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Disability/Veteran
AT3 is partnered with a leading biomedical manufacturer in Southeastern Ohio in search of an Manufacturing Engineer to design, develop, and refine production process and equipment used to manufacture the company’s products. This position will help to ensure that the company consistently delivers high performing reliable product by using the best practice manufacturing processes and purpose designed equipment.
Specific Responsibilities / Job Duties:
- Design, develop and maintain robust, cost efficient manufacturing equipment and process consistent with lean manufacturing practices.
- Understand all process and test requirements including the capability of processes and equipment.
- Determine and develop process changes needed to meet quality and manufacturing efficiency goals.
- Determine, specify and develop manufacturing equipment needed to meet quality and manufacturing efficiency goals. This included the design and implementation of such machinery.
- Perform root cause and failure analysis as required.
- Lead and participate in cost-down activities.
- Apply lean manufacturing techniques.
- Demonstrate ability to understand source(s) of variation and identify impact of tolerance stack up in assemblies by applying Six Sigma design and development strategies. Conduct design experiments. Understand application of Statistical Process Control (SPC) and Gauge Repeatability and Reproducibility (GR&R).
- Participates in concurrent engineering efforts and critical design reviews to minimize product development costs and facilitate manufacturability.
- Apply process Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (FMEA) .
- Conducts design for manufacturing and value engineering initiatives as applicable.
- Provides leadership team with summary reports detailing manufacturing efficiencies on a weekly basis.
- Must have knowledge and experience in lean manufacturing, 6 Sigma techniques, GD&T, Root cause and failure analysis, and process FMEA
- Fully conversant with Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerance. Experience implementing and using ASME Y14.5-2009
- Excellent internal and external communication skills
- Strong self-development and continuing personal development objectives
- Must be able to work with little supervision or direction and have the flexibility to work in small and large teams/groups
- Capable of walking, sitting and/or standing throughout an eight-hour (or longer) day.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. from a floor or table position to chest high using a proper lifting technique.
- Ability to repetitively use arms, hands, and fingers to manipulate tools and parts.
- Works overtime when necessary, including evenings and weekends
- Project Management Experience
- Bachelors degree in Electrical, Mechanical, or Industrial Engineering
- 4 years experience in a precision manufacturing environment
- Must be able to pass a comprehensive pre-employment drug screen and criminal background check
- 8+ years experience in a precision manufacturing environment
- Masters degree in Mechanical, Electrical, or Industrial Engineering field
- Use Lean Manufacturing Tools to improve Safety, Quality, Delivery, and Cost of Products.
- Develop and write programs for CNC Machining Centers, Lathes, and Mills.
- Support welding and fabrication by maintaining procedures and welder certification program.
- Create and maintain product routings and costing.
- Design tooling and fixtures for fabrication and assembly.
- Participate - Lead Continuous Improvement efforts for both product and manufacturing processes.
- Develops manufacturing processes by studying product requirements; researching, designing, modifying, and testing manufacturing methods and equipment; conferring with equipment vendors and soliciting observations from operators.
- Provide Manufacturing support as necessary to other business functions.
- Writes manufacturing instructions, plans machine setups, and writes CNC programs to produce parts on CNC machine tools. Thoroughly documents the manufacturing process.
- Specifies machinery and tooling required to manufacture a wide variety of parts in small to large quantities.
- Ensures new or existing manufacturing processes are operating efficiently while maintaining a high level of quality.
- Recommends process improvements that will improve quality and reduce overall costs.
- Estimates cycle time, material utilization, machine capability and capacity.
- Will work directly with machine operators, quality assurance, purchasing, and suppliers to resolve issues with tooling, materials, and machinery.
- Improves manufacturing efficiency by analyzing and planning work flow, space requirements, and equipment layout.
- Assures product and process quality by designing testing methods; testing finished- product and process capabilities; establishing standards; confirming manufacturing processes.
- Provides manufacturing decision-making information by calculating production, labor, and material costs; reviewing production schedules; estimating future requirements.
- Prepares product and process reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Responsible for routing products through manufacturing in the most cost-effective method available, insuring timely shipment of the product. Maintains routings for future requirements.
- Works closely with Design Engineering in the interpretation of design drawing in preparing jobs for production. Verifies that manufacturing processes will meet customer requirements.
- BS ME/IE from a 4-year college; four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education, experience and training
- Experience in a fabrication job shop with stainless steel and various metals
- Tool and fixture design
- Experience writing procedures and develop quality checks and evaluate results.
- Welding expereince in addition to the above, will defintely get the Hiring Manager's attention!
Prince Castle is an innovative and diversified global food service equipment manufacturer focused on product development and bringing new technology to the market. Our core customer base includes iconic brands such as McDonald's, Starbuck's, Dunkin' Donuts, Burger King, Panera and Chik fil A. Prince Castle is part of the Marmon Group of companies, owned by Berkshire Hathaway.
Job Description Summary:
The Manufacturing Engineer is responsible to evaluate alternatives leading to the development and implementation of manufacturing processes on new and existing products to achieve an optimum relationship between cost and quality. This position is responsible for every aspect of process engineering, industrial engineering, production standard costs, tooling/equipment procurement, improving operating performance, identifying and reducing waste, supporting new product launches, and troubleshooting in assigned areas of responsibility. They will need to guide and support their international counterparts in China and Europe where we will be setting us redundant lines to serve our customers in these markets. This person will ensures a quality system is effectively implemented to prevent defects and provide factual information for continuous improvement. He or she will work with internal cross-functional teams and suppliers to solve quality issues and communicate quality expectations to suppliers and other team members through the product life cycle.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Responsible for work center design and product/process flow including ergonomic considerations, lean manufacturing technology, mechanical design, electrical component usage & system logic, changeover ease, etc. to optimize the manufacturing process.
Coordinate activities in scrap reduction, elimination of rework, material variances, labor variances, safety & ergonomic evaluations, and overall continuous improvement in assigned areas.
Plan, justify, execute, and monitor Capital programs as assigned. This includes budgeted capital projects such as tooling, equipment, automation initiatives, etc.
Support new product development activities and launches through our NPD process. Utilize appropriate APQP tools to validate design for manufacturability, execute PFMEA's, create and document robust build processes, and work with cross-functional team to ensure successful launches.
Develop and maintain all production routings, work measurement standards, manufacturing set-up and work instructions, work center descriptions, etc. for operations in assigned areas.
Create tools for recording and analyzing product quality levels. Utilize statistical data to identify and resolve problems and lead problem solving teams that focus on problem prevention and variance reduction.
Apply advanced quality planning techniques such as Failure Mode Effects Analysis, control plans, and measurement system analysis to evaluate the manufacturability of new products and the stability of production processes.
Develops sampling plans, quality standards, and process control instructions to monitor and reduce variation
Provide direction in implementing incoming Inspection plans, first article inspection, in-process, and final product inspection, sampling plans, inspection and test acceptance criteria, and resolve non-conformances.
Apply sound systematic problem-solving methodologies in identifying, prioritizing, communicating, and resolving vendor quality issues.
Coordinate supplier deviation request process and perform vendor audits/qualifications.
Other tasks and duties as assigned.
BSME, BSIE, or equivalent with at least 5 years of experience in manufacturing.
Exhibited skills mentoring, developing, and training employees on continuous improvement.
Proven project management skills.
Ability to read, analyze and interpret business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, and governmental regulations.
Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from employees, engineers, and other disciplines.
Excellent persuasive skills and the ability to facilitate, support and implement change within the organization.
Ability to self-manage
Prince Castle is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, nation origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability status.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!