Manufacturing Engineer Job Description Sample
We are seeking a Manufacturing Engineer, whose help system integration, develop integration sequence for manufacture, and perform system checklist. The position responsibilities list as follows.
- Development of equipment fixtures and tools to support early stage prototype builds.
- Design, procurement, integration, manufacturing tools and fixtures for high volume manufacture.
- Characterization and validation of new module design and fixtures for introduction to the manufacture floor to fulfill the manufacturability and serviceability.
- Participate in early prototype product builds to characterize and develop both product and process critical parameters for manufacture.
- Creation of detailed manufacturing checklist to ensure the system performance and quality for each type of system.
- Help on implementation of part, module, and product traceability.
- Layout of production workstations, ergonomics and efficiency.
- BS/MS in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or Physics (or equivalent);
- 2+ years of experience as a hands-on equipment design engineer or manufacturing engineer in either SEM or semiconductor equipment systems;
- Proficient in hands-on work, analytical ability, organizational skills and attention to detail;
- Proficient in mechanical assembly and equipment integration processes;
- Proficient in manufacturing process characterization and validation using statistical tools;
- Proven track record of data driven methodology to solve complex problems;
- Experience creating process documentation;
- Experience transitioning products from prototype to production desired;
- Knowledgeable about production quality metrics is a plus;
- Able to work under pressure while managing competing demands and tight deadlines;
- Able of creating detailed drawings from solid models for various manufacturing SOP is a plus;
- Well organized with meticulous attention to detail.
An established manufacturing company is actively seeking a Manufacturing Engineer to add to their growing group. This person will manage their dedicated manufacturing line(s) in regards to new product launches and improving manufacturing processes. Our client will look at candidates with entry level experience up to seasoned engineers for this position.
This company has a tremendous amount of internal career growth and upward mobility potential due to their continued business growth.
- Manage specific manufacturing line in regards to improving processes through lean manufacturing and continuous improvement.
- Participate in equipment specification, selection, layout and installation.
- Assist in the new product launch function for designated customer and keep Program Managers and upper management aware of status.
- Support all departments within the manufacturing facility providing technical expertise and leadership.
- Take part and participate in the improvement of quality documentation to include: APQP, Process Flow, FMEA, Control Plans, Work Instructions, etc.
- Work to improve part quality, reduce scrap, and improved machine uptime.
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering is preferred but not required.
- 2+ years experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Understanding of lean manufacturing and continuous improvement principles.
Our client offers a very competitive salary, bonus, and relocation assistance/temporary living (if necessary).
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:to perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. The duties and responsibilities regularly performed for this position are:
· Compile project plans to show people/departments involved and implementation progress and completion schedules
· Generate all required routings, procedures, process descriptions to be used for R&D and production implementation
· Follow project through all phases of conception, R&D, production implementation, and continued production support
· Troubleshoot problems on existing production issues requiring Engineering support and input
· Support production processing in areas of welding, brazing (torch and vacuum), heat treating, peening (shot and glass bead), thermal spray, surface finishing, coating, machining, grinding , NDT
· Interface with customer Engineering to ensure customer engineering requirements are met (approvals, specifications, capabilities)
· Work with all department heads as needed to introduce, plan, incorporate, and follow through with projects as required
- Work closely with Tool Design for tooling/fixturing/gaging concepts, designs, costs, methods, etc.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Capable of producing detailed and accurate data
- Good mechanical aptitude and knowledge
- Advanced organizational skills, with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
Junior Design And Manufacturing Engineer
This position is for a Junior Design and Manufacturing Engineer that will report to the Engineering Manager. This role will work across Dura-Cast Products to support projects in the rotomolded field related to new product development and improvement of existing products. This job will require experience and knowledge in plastic part design, material selection, processing, tooling design and failure analysis.
· Work as a member of the team to provide support for new product development projects and quality/reliability projects that involve design and application of plastic materials
· Interact directly with our sales team and customers to thoroughly understand customer requirements to effectively contribute to new product development and support of quality, reliability, and cost of projects
· Interact with the in-house stainless-steel mold fabrication department to coordinate mold making for new parts and interact with outside aluminum mold manufacturers as needed
· Insure that proper plastic part design principles are followed taking into consideration process, tooling, and material limitations. Work closely with manufacturing, supply chain management and suppliers to develop part designs, select manufacturing processes and materials, procure tooling, assist with validation, and work with operations to release into production
· Manages timelines for design, fabrication, and qualification of plastic rotomolded products
· Facilitate technical design reviews as part of the product development process and facilitate design reviews with external suppliers for tooling and molding of plastic/composite products
· Strong interpersonal skills, experience in project leadership and orientation in team concepts are essential for success in this position
· Works on plastic part design, processing, and troubleshooting for rotational molding
· Works closely with customers to design for manufacturability by; initial design consultation, helping customer minimize costs of product, reviewing scrap trends and design root causes out of products, conducting comprehensive design reviews
· Ensures that new projects/transfers meet the customer’s quality criteria and the process runs within the established standards prior to releasing the product to production
· Monitors rotomolding equipment processes when new part samples are being manufactured
· Coordinates and manages new projects from tool order through production approval and monitors thereafter
· Reviews and provides input into quotation process and project development
· Develops and maintains part numbers and bill of materials (BOM)
· Design and coordinate fabrication of any required secondary testing or trim fixtures
· BS in Mechanical Engineering is required
· Minimum of 2-3 years of manufacturing engineer experience; plastics product design and plastics processing is desired
· Knowledge of AutoCAD, Solid Edge 3D software or similar design software
· Plastic Part Design Experience – Rotomolding
· Process knowledge for rotational molding
· Program/project management skills with an understanding of stage gate product development processes
· Demonstrated problem solving and analytical skills in order to resolve technical issues
· Excellent verbal/written communication and presentation skills
· Demonstrated ability to elicit cooperation and influence others to drive project tactical plans and objectives
· Strong computer skills in standard MS Office products such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Project
· Self-starter and quick learner, able to work with minimum supervision
· Understanding of proper mold design principles and construction methods for tooling required for the various processes used for rotomolded parts
· Ability to work with basic tools as needed to produce plastic prototype and samples for customer approval
Headquartered in Lake Wales, Florida, Dura-Cast is the largest operation of its kind in the State and primarily serves customers in the Southeastern region of North America.
Develops, implements, and improves manufacturing and industrial processes to effect maximum product throughput and optimum resource efficiency. Coordinates engineering changes to existing product lines and manages new product introductions. Sets work standards, work-flows, and defines resource requirements for assigned programs. Is expected to apply and champion ‘Lean Manufacturing’ methodologies in all areas of the manufacturing cycle. Works closely with other engineers and other functional departments to ensure schedule, systems, and part/process data integrity.
- Works with customer or company released drawings and/or CAD models, engineering BOMs, and other engineering specifications to develop, implement and improve manufacturing processes.
- Develops and documents the manufacturing process in detail with an emphasis on visual media, ease of training, and standardized format.
- Designs, coordinates and validates work station layouts with an emphasis on ergonomics, single piece or small batch flow, visual aids, 5S, and zero defect policies.
- Works with Materials department to develop inventory requirements by station including safety stock levels, rack/bin sizes, and replenishment methodology.
- Reviews and designs in-process handling equipment for the safe and expeditious transportation of parts, inventory, and/or tooling.
- Identifies tooling requirements and coordinates the manufacturing of tools/fixture.
- Troubleshoots problems with production personnel and takes corrective actions.
- Responsible to generate, review, and maintain operational targets/standards.
- Develops methods for inspection, testing, sampling, and training.
- Establishes & maintains material, process and workmanship specifications.
- Submits proposals to Director of Engineering and/or customer for product improvements and increased manufacturability.
- Complies with established safety directives.
- Maintains a clean work area and ensuring strict adherence to the 5S Standards.
- Complies with established QMS procedures.
- Works on projects of medium complexity.
- May coordinate the work of other engineers and production specialists.
- Constantly reviews equipment, technology, processes and manufacturing methods to identify opportunities for improvements.
- Completes any other projects or tasks as assigned by the Director of Engineering.
- B.S.M.E or similar, 3 to 5 years manufacturing experience preferred; Entry level will be considered.
- Understanding of manufacturing processes such as forming and welding preferred.
- Experience or understanding of estimating processes and documentation.
- CAD software experience (Unigraphics preferred, will consider others).
- Aerospace experience a plus.
- Background in statistics a plus.
- Can understand evaluate customer specifications.
Other Skills and Requirements:
- Strong, clear oral and written communication skills
- Ability to read blueprints
- Strong problem solving skills
- Strong organizational skills.
- Individual must be able to carry job boxes up to 25 lbs and know to ask for help in any situation where the job might exceed 25 lbs.
- Able to bend, twist, turn, carry, walk, sit, stoop, kneel, etc
- Able to sit or stand for prolonged periods
- Extended hours required during peak workloads or special projects.
NATURE OF WORK
Provides leadership and support to all manufacturing departments with an emphasis on developing process documentation, standards, quality improvements, and cost reductions. Investigates and justifies new technologies and processes to improve our cost competitiveness and overall customer service levels. Also, provides support to project engineers in the development of new products and the manufacture of prototype parts to assure a successful new product launch.
Must be proficient in CAD and 3D, preferably AutoCad and/or Solid Works.
Develops, evaluates, and improves manufacturing methods.
Coordinates the cost estimating efforts on selected new potential products.
Analyzes and plans work force utilization, space requirements, workflow and layout of equipment and workspace for maximum efficiency.
Confers with planning and design staff concerning product design and tooling to ensure efficient production methods.
Confers with vendors to determine product specifications and arrange for purchase of equipment, materials, or parts, and evaluates products according to specifications and quality standards.
Estimates production times, staffing requirements, and related costs to provide information for management decisions.
Confers with management, engineering, and other staff regarding manufacturing capabilities, production schedules, and other considerations to facilitate production processes.
Applies statistical methods to estimate future manufacturing requirements and potential.
Must be familiar with PPAP procedures and processes.
All other duties as assigned.
Work is performed under the supervision of the Engineering Manager.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
Work is performed both in an office setting and on the shop floor. Time will spent at 50/50 ratio between an office setting and the manufacturing floor. The associate must be required to lift items up to 40 pounds. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet; however may be exposed to loud noise levels while performing responsibilities in the manufacturing areas.
SUCCESS FACTORS (KSAs)
Ability to communicate and distribute information to others both orally and in writing.
Working Experience in Lean manufacturing practices a plus.
Ability to follow safety policies and procedures.
Proficient in problem solving and troubleshooting parts.
Ability to apply mathematical concepts and operations.
EDUCATION, TRAINING & EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) from a four-year college or university required.
A minimum of two years related experience in manufacturing field.
Currently Seeking Manufacturing Engineer.
Develop and implement cost effective manufacturing processes nd methods
Perform research, design and development of processes
Prepare and maintain detailed layouts of buildings and equipment
Coordinate manufacturing launch of New product
Design, develop and test methods and tools
Bachelor Degree Required in Industrial or Mechanical Engineering
Kaizen and Lean Experience Required
EA OSHA compliance implementation experience preferred
Must be team oriented and an effective communicator with computer knowledge and design proficiency.
- Design, develop, implement, and improve assembly processes for high mix, low volume aerospace hydraulic components.
- Create/maintain assembly instructions and BOM’s using Epicor (ERP) software.
- Recommend and implement changes in products and processes to improve manufacturability and profitability (cost out), including functional review of drawings and Engineering specifications.
- Establish and implement early identification of potential problems with new and existing products and processes.
- Develop standard work instructions and training material when required. Deliver training to employees.
- Perform root cause analysis and coordinate with project engineering to implement corrective actions.
- Continuous Improvement Coordinator
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors of Science in Manufacturing or Industrial Engineering
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Experience using and understanding hydraulic and electric schematics
- Demonstrated experience in project and time management, organizational, and analytical skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization, from production associates to the leadership team.
- Demonstrated experience in team environments
- Communication skills both written and verbal.
- Previous lean and/or six sigma certification highly desired.
Growing west-side manufacturer has excellent opportunity available for engineering professional interested in working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. Will be in involved in product development, safety and process improvement. Candidates should have a background working in a machine shop environment and be willing to contribute in a number of capacities. WIRE-Net is a non-profit economic development organization dedicated to improving NEO communities by nurturing manufacturing and the jobs and prosperity that come with it.
Are you looking for an exciting new job opportunity? Come join the Peterson Manufacturing Company's Manufacturing Engineering department as our newest Mfg. Engineer. The Manufacturing Engineer, under the direction of the Manager of Manufacturing, coordinates the tooling, equipment, assembly methods, and other related functions to ensure that products are manufactured in the most cost-effective and efficient manner. In this capacity, the Manufacturing Engineer works closely with Purchasing, Production, and other within the organization.
The qualified candidate must have a B.S. in Industrial, Manufacturing, or Mechanical Engineering with manufacturing experience, or equivalent with advanced training preferred, a minimum of 5-7 years of experience with increasingly responsible engineering assignments, and experience with SolidWorks, Auto CAD, and Microsoft Office Products. In addition, electronic and/or Automation experience would be a plus. The qualified candidate will also have above average ability to deal with complexity, excellent written and oral communication skills, demonstrated initiative and self-motivation, and be effective at presenting technical information, as well as the ability to convey ideas through sketches and drawings.
EOE/M/F/Vet/Disability Employer. Peterson Manufacturing does not sponsor applicants for work visas. Relocation negotiable.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!