Marine Engineer Job Description Sample
Marine Engineer Marine Engineer
Marine Engineer, Ship Construction, Electrical Engineering, Shipboard Operations If you are a Marine Engineer with experience in shipbuilding acquisitions, please read on!
Top Reasons to Work with Us Based in the Greater Washington D.C. area, we are small, privately owned business that specializes in consulting solutions to both government and commercial clients alike. We have been awarded multiple government contracts which have resulted in an ever-growing need to build our team.
What You Will Be Doing This role will be primarily responsible for analyzing and reviewing ship designs, evaluation of ship construction and technical troubleshooting for special acquisition projects
What You Need for this Position
- 5+ years experience in at least one of the following marine fields: electric propulsion systems; machinery control systems; power generation and distribution systems; or interior communications systems
Experience supporting shipbuilding acquisitions
Ability to obtain Secret Clearance
BS in Electrical or Marine Engineering What's In It for You Competitive salary and one of the most generous benefits packages in the industry! So, if you are a Marine Engineer with experience in shipbuilding acquisitions, please apply today! Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S. CyberCoders, Inc is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Your Right to Work – In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
Marine Engineer & AB Unlimited Tankerman
We are looking for an Engineer (licensed or unlicensed) to work on a supply boat. It's typically a 14/7 hitch. This would be on a contract basis do to the need and could potentially lead to a full time position. This is an supply boat that heads out to the gulf. You must have an experienced resume to apply.
Senior Marine Engineer
COMPANY PROFILE: Join a team with EXCELLENCE, LOYALTY and INTEGRITY!
CDI Corporation (CDI) is a $1 billion privately held company founded in 1950. We deliver engineering services to blue-chip clients with operations in markets around the world. CDI Marine Company is a division of CDI Government Services and a leader in providing our clients with high quality, cost effective engineering, design and logistics services in the marine industry.
For additional opportunities please visit us at CDI Marine Company was awarded the Virginia Values Veterans (V3) Governor's Award in 2016. Forbes.com named CDI as one of the Most Trustworthy Companies
Electrical Marine Engineer
The Kenific Group is seeking a naval architect/mechanical engineer who will support the US Coast Guard Ship Design Team reviewing third party design modifications and improvements to mechanical systems and components. Perform design reviews, evaluate constructability, help resolve technical issues, and manage information generated through the design and construction phases of multiple and concurrent projects.
Required Skills & Experience:
· Minimum of 5 years of experience
· Progressive experience in one of the following marine fields: electric propulsion systems; machinery control systems; power generation and distribution systems; or interior communications systems
· Experience with supporting a major system acquisition program (DHS/USCG Level I, DoD ACAT I or equivalent), specifically shipbuilding acquisitions
· Good communication skills, both verbal and written, excellent organizational skills, the ability to establish and maintain working relationships with internal and external customers, and the ability to work independently and take a proactive role.
· Candidates must be citizens or legal residents of the U.S. and shall be able to read, write, speak, and understand English
· Shall be able to obtain and maintain a Secret clearance
Preferred Skills & Experience:
· Experience with IPS (Integrated Power Systems), Electric Propulsion, EZ Power Software (Short circuit, power flow and arc flash analysis), High Voltage Distribution System (5000 volt), Power quality/total harmonic distortion,
BS in Electrical or Marine Engineering AND over 5 years of experience
Marine Engineer - Uscg Cutter Boat - Large
Location: Washington, D.C.
US Citizenship: Yes
Provide Marine Engineering Acquisition Analyst providing direct support to the Cutter Boat-Large (CB-L) acquisition under the Assistant Program Executive Office (APEO) for Surface providing technical marine/naval engineering and logistics management support through technical analysis, management processes, and drafting acquisitions documents including government solicitation and requirement delivery specifications. Assist with acquisition programmatic and engineering research, analysis, and white papers as required.
Provide support to CG-932 Directorate and CG-9325, Boats Program for the Cutter Boat-Large (CB-L) based on field experience with the design and testing of high-speed boats, shipboard launch and recovery systems, fleet configuration management, contract engineering change processing, and specification and requirements management. Specific tasks include but are not limited to:
- Review/update program documentation and initiate missing documentation:
- Assist with timely completion of upcoming acquisition milestones;
- Review, update, and validate program’s technical packages;
- Provide technical evaluation of contractor proposals to include calculations and drawings;
- Verify design compliance with all specifications and requirements;
- Develop and review Engineering Change Proposals;
- Manage program configuration management;
- Conduct technical inspections for specification compliance, including engineering changes; R
- Review applicable standards (e.g., ISO and ABYC) to be referenced in specifications as part of the Cutter Boat program;
- Manage reporting requirements & procedures for internal & external documentation;
- Meet daily with government program leadership in support of acquisitions program development, including correspondence, white papers, briefing slides, etc.;
- Represent the CB-L Program at technical and logistics meetings and working groups;
- Interface with sponsor staff & stakeholders; local travel may be required.
· DHS/DAWIA PM or SE Level I or commercial equivalent or higher e.g. PMI, DHS/DAWIA PM or SE Level II desired.
· Minimum of three to five years’ experience in technical /naval engineering and/or acquisitions and program management.
· Bachelor’s degree (B.A./B.S.) required
Proficient in the Microsoft Windows Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel,Picture manager, etc.) and Microsoft SharePoint. Experience in Portal for internet and intranet.
Thank you for your interest in BayFirst Solutions LLC. If you are unable or limited in your ability to apply online, you can request reasonable accommodations by contacting Human Resources to express interest in a specific position: Phone: (202) 541-1010
Note: This option is available only to those needing an accommodation related to a disability. In order to express interest, you must have the information related to the specific position you are interested in (Job ID, Job title, Location, etc.). Information related to existing profiles or applications will not be provided via this phone number.
BayFirst Solutions, LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. BayFirst Solutions prohibits discrimination with respect to the hiring or promotion of individuals, conditions of employment, disciplinary and discharge practices, or any other aspect of employment on the basis of sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other protected class.
Engineer - Waterfront / Marine - 20 Years Experience
Master’s degree in Civil, Geotechnical, Marine, Ocean Engineering, or related;
Possess Professional Engineer licensure in New York (PE licenses in additional states a plus);
Possess a minimum of 20 years of experience in project management and waterfront structure design;
Project experience in port, pier, and/or other maritime developments, resiliency projects, container terminals, and various marine/waterfront structures;
Experience in partnering with engineers, planners, architects, landscape architects, and other disciplines on waterfront projects;
Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
Strong attention to detail with excellent analytical, multitasking, and judgment capabilities;
Ability to effectively work independently and in a team environment;
Some field work is required; and
Position requires work Monday through Friday with occasional evenings and weekends and occasional travel nationally and internationally. Langan offers its employees opportunities that provide challenge and responsibility within an environment where they can grow and flourish! We offer competitive compensation packages; full-time employment company paid medical, dental, and vision coverage; life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance; 401(k)/Roth with company match; extensive training; buddy and mentoring programs; employee referral and professional license bonuses; educational reimbursement; and much more! Equal Opportunity Employer
Field Engineer Staff - Diesel Marine - Electronics - Maritime
Manages the technical advice and guidance on installation, adaptation, configuration or enhancement of products, programs, equipment, and systems. Responsible for coordinating subordinate employee training, and work assignments actions.
Oversees the expertise for resolving technical problems, troubleshoots product and modifies product to customer requirements as provided. May oversee work done at customer site. Basic Qualifications Advanced electronic trouble shooting experience in a maritime setting 2 years diesel marine experience 2 year outdrive experience 1 year marine electrical experience Microsoft Office Suite proficient Desired skills Small water craft experience Electrical trouble shooting Cummins Diesel Engine experience Mercrusier experience Carbon fiber installation and repair Vector Control experience Naval experience in propulsion systems; drive train; power plant Experience with Signature Management testing As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges.
Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.
*Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
- Job Location(s): Stennis Space Center Mississippi
Experienced Field / Office Engineer - Kiewit Bridge & Marine District
Feb 12, 2018
Vancouver, WA, US
Requisition ID: 69491 Kiewit is one of North America's largest and most respected construction and engineering organizations. With its roots dating back to 1884, the employee-owned company operates through a network of offices and projects in the United States, Canada, Mexico and Australia.
Kiewit offers construction and engineering services in a variety of markets including transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building and mining. Kiewit had 2016 revenues of $8.6 billion and employs more than 20,000 staff and craft employees. How We’re Different • Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record • Consistently recognized as one of the best places to work in North America and in 2015, named one of Fortune’s Most Admired Companies • Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from day one of employment • 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent • Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year • We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development, and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit Bridge & Marine District: Kiewit’s Bridge & Marine District is headquartered in Vancouver, Washington. We primarily perform heavy civil projects specializing in earth moving, technical and traditional bridges, marine, water resources, transportation, roadways, and underground utilities, while developing builders who will lead the company into the future.
• Field Engineering: o Assist in interpretation of drawings and specifications for field crews and craft supervision o Perform quantity calculations by taking measurements and determining percentage of completed/installed materials and work o Assist in the preparation of work plans and work packages o Assist in field surveying and work layout support including elevation, control points, and compilation of as-built data o Assist in compiling, processing, and confirming daily labor timesheets o Assist in the preparation of Job Hazard Analysis (JHA’s) o Participate in jobsite safety reviews, toolbox meetings, mass safety meetings, and safety training o Order and schedule material deliveries o Plan, schedule, and coordinate work groups on the jobsite o Supervise field operations • Office Engineering: o Perform material takeoffs from drawings, specifications and other contract documents o Perform basic engineering calculations and technical drafting to support field operations o Assist Engineers to gather and prepare data for submittal or transmittal to the customer, vendors, subcontractors, governmental agencies, and internal use o Assist in preparation of purchase orders and subcontracts, performing minor solicitations and purchasing as requested o Assist in schedule maintenance and performing updates as directed by others o Assist in the maintenance of basic project recordkeeping and correspondence functions including daily reports, photographs, requests for information (RFIs), and memorandums o Assist with entering data into the job cost system and participate in reviewing cost reports with jobsite management o Assist in generating change orders and as-built data to be reviewed by the Project Manager o Provide field support and supervise subcontractor operations • Estimating: o Assist in reviewing and analyzing historical data relative to the project, incorporating various productions and costs appropriate in preparation of a bid o Complete a plan and specification review for an assigned project, assessing the risk areas and bringing them to the attention of the Senior Estimator o Complete material and quantity takeoffs according to bid documents
Requirements • Bachelor's degree in a construction-related field of engineering or equivalent experience and education • At least 3 years’ experience in the construction field • Must have working knowledge and be able to direct the operations of at least these management systems: scheduling - CPM, unit man-hour performance, material control, estimating and subcontracts • Experience with leadership and management of people, communication (verbal and written), planning and organization • Ability to travel and relocate as required • Infrastructure/Heavy Civil project experience is preferred • Ability to work in the United States without sponsorship, both now and in the future Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Nearest Major Market:
Nearest Secondary Market:
Job Segment: Construction, Engineer, Chemical Research, Field Engineer, Wastewater, Engineering
The DEI Group has an immediate opening for a Marine Engineer, with a background in maintenance management, machine operation, and equipment reliability analysis. Individuals will work as part of a project team and will interface directly with client personnel, so good communications skills are a must. Projects include fixed and rotating ship-board machinery failure mode analysis, development of maintenance strategies and standard job plans using FMEA/RCM processes, involving both Preventive as well as Predictive Maintenance approaches using online diagnostic and prognostic systems, and the implementation of processes to support Condition Based Maintenance programs. A specific focus area will be the power generation and distribution network, including controllers. This position will require the successful candidate to use reliability centered maintenance analysis to identify improvements to asset management practices and maintenance job plans, after investigating operational and equipment maintenance problems, current practices, and metrics based target objectives for clients.
Marine Electronics Engineer
Navtech Marine Electronics has immediate positions available in our Camas, WA and Honolulu, HI locations for a Marine Electronics Engineer.
- Responsible for installing, repairing, inspecting, and servicing of various marine bridge electronics.
- Electronics will include radars, ECDIS, gyrocompass, steering and autopilots, VDR, GMDSS, AIS, GPS, speedlogs, fathometers, and satellite communication.
- Must be highly motivated
- Looking for fast learners
- Self-starters and able to work with minimal supervision
- Over time, domestic, and international travel will be required.
- FCC GMDSS Radio Maintainer's License with Radar Endorsement
- Formal electronics training
- Minimum of two years related experience
- Valid Driver's License and Passport
Wages will commensurate with experience.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!