Marine Services Technician Job Description Sample
Marine Services Installation Technician
• The individual in this position is primarily responsible for supporting Midé’s Service Division and the installation, inspection, and testing of its marine product lines aboard military and commercial ships throughout the United States and abroad. Responsibilities also include preparing tools and equipment for these efforts as well as assisting the Production Division with first article and in-process inspections with the ability to record and document those measurements. This position is for 1st shift with > 65% expected to be off-site traveling and the other 35% assisting around the shop.
• EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
• High School Diploma required
• 2+ years hands on experience required
• To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and / or ability required.
• High technical aptitude for handling hardware, hand and power tools, mechanical fasteners as well as chemical based adhesives and bonding agents.
• Excellent written and oral technical communication skills
• Present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, US Navy personnel, teammates, etc.
• Ability to climb up and down ladders and crawl into tight spaces aboard commercial and military ships
• Flexibility with schedule in order to accommodate last minute and long duration travel obligations
• Ability to obtain a valid passport in order to meet overseas travel requirements
• Ability to solve problems quickly in a high stress environment
• Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
• Work well in a team environment.
• Work well in a leadership role.
• Deal with peers, supervisors, subordinates, and others in a professional manner.
• Must have the ability to satisfactorily complete a background check and obtain access to secure US military facilities, such as US Naval installations.
• Valid driver’s license to Pick-up / Drop-off of goods at local area vendors
• First Article Inspection and in-process inspection using hand inspection equipment
• ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Includes the following, however other duties may be assigned.
• Willingness to travel to various shipyards throughout the United States and abroad to install Midé products on commercial and military vessels
• Install and test components aboard military and commercial ships
• Critical evaluation of technical output from self and others (test results, designs, procedures, etc.).
• Perform tests of product on full-scale test rig as well as in small-scale chambers
• Inspect, assemble, and package components to customer requirements
• Manage inventory
• Efficient personal time management, organization, and task prioritization
• Commitment to maintain high standards of laboratory safety, order, and cleanliness.
• Complete ISO 9001:2008/2015 based job travelers and documentation
• Adherence to Midé policies and procedures.
• SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES
• The Install Technician reports directly to the Service Director. When not available, the Director of Production will provide oversight.
• CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
• US Citizen or US Permanent Resident.
• PHYSICAL DEMANDS
• Substantial, including movement of potentially large and heavy items (up to 80 lbs.), walking up and down stairs on a ship, standing for long periods of time, and crawling through tight spaces on a ship.
• COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
• Starting at $20/hr. depending on candidate’s experience and qualifications, approved overtime paid as needed to meet customer demands. Competitive benefits with health premiums (80% employer, 20% employee) and dental included, as well as 401k with company match up to 6%, and 3 weeks paid leave at the start of employment, 4 weeks after 1 year, 5 weeks after 5 years and 6 weeks after 10 years. Ten paid holidays.
Marine Service Technician / Boat Mechanic
START IMMEDIATELY - HYDRAULIC techs/mechanics in the Ft Lauderdale area ... Several positions available, both mobile and stationary.
Fluid certifications and/or ABYC is a plus and tools are a must! Responsible for diagnosing problems and performing standard mechanical repairs on customer vessels. Prefer some hydraulic experience ... or trouble shooting skills
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a growing organization, where you can make a significant impact to the family business and establish a lengthy career.
Marine Technician - Mechanic
· Must have basic tools
· Performs maintenance and repair activities on various outboard engines Mercury, Evinrude, Yamaha, Tohatsu, Suzuki. Including Rigging when needed.
· Diagnoses, services and repairs various systems that are found on marine outboard engines equipment such as mechanical and computer electronic controls.
· Diagnoses problems, disassembles units, repairs or replaces parts, and reassembles units.
Marine Technicians to perform duties in one or more of the following areas of yacht repair and maintenance:
- Maintenance and repair of gas or diesel engines and drive systems
- Installation and troubleshooting/repair of all electrical and mechanical systems
- Gelcoat and fiberglass repair
- Vocational / technical school a plus but not necessary
- Marine engine or system certifications a plus but not necessary
- Familiarity with basic vessel systems a plus but not necessary
- The physical ability to work in all marine related environments and lift up to 50 lbs are required.
- Essential attributes of candidates include honesty, integrity and strong work ethic
- Ability to work independently while being a team contributor is essential
- Some travel may be required
Experienced Boat Mechanic / Marine Technician
We are looking for an experienced Marine Technician to join our award winning team. We are an authorized Yamaha (YAMAHA KEY DEALER), Mercury, Suzuki and Volvo Penta service center. We offer a great work environment, top pay and an opportunity to work for one of the top professional organizations in the marine industry.
Job responsibilities include:
-Diagnosing and repairing problems with O/B & I/O engines, marine systems & electronics
-Repairing outdrives & lower units
-Water testing boats
-Rigging new boats
-Installing electronics & accessories
-5+ years of experience as a technician in the marine industry (Experience is a MUST)
-Must have own tools (computerized diagnostics tools are provided)
-Experience with Yamaha, Mercury, and Suzuki outboards and Volvo Penta and MerCruiser stern drives is a plus
-Driver's License & a clean driving record
-Boat operating knowledge & towing knowledge
-Certification is a plus
References required. Must pass drug test.
Marine Diesel Gas Technician-
Volpar Inc. is a Volvo Penta Dealer strategically located between San Francisco/Alameda and Monterey/Santa Cruz. We are a factory certified dealer for Volvo Penta, performing work both at our facility and mobile service.
For Mobile Service you will use our company truck, all tools including hand tools are supplied. Your imagination and a very complete on-site shop including Penta specific tools, welders, presses, Bridgeport, and work holding equipment will make your work easy and pleasant. We have an exceptionally clean and organized shop.
We are seeking an advanced journeyperson level Technician qualified in Diesel and Gas engines for Volvo Penta. You will work with minimal direct supervision to diagnose, quote, and order required parts to install, maintain, and repair engine systems, including Penta warrantee submissions. Volvo Certified and Vodia experience desirable. Volpar Inc. provides training both online and at Volvo Penta training sites.
You will also interface with customers by phone, email, and in person to identify the parts needed by other shops and private DIY owners. Cross training with Volvo car repair will keep you busy year-round and build the comradery with other staff.
All new hires must provide identification to verify eligibility to work in the U.S., have a clean valid CA driving license, and pass a pre-employment medical exam which includes a drug screening and physical abilities assessment.
We offer an excellent benefit package, including a 401(k) plan with profit sharing component, health, & life insurance, and uniforms. Veterans with relevant experience in the Coast Guard or Navy are encouraged to apply. Volpar is an equal opportunity employer. If you are looking for an exciting career in the San Francisco area, we’d like to hear from you.
Mississippi 's largest RV dealership, Southaven RV & Marine is aggressively seeking to add an additional 2-3 qualified marine technicians. Certified or Master certified preferred but not necessary. Southaven RV and Marine is a local family owned dealership and has been in business for over 20 years. In the last 15 yrs, we have continued to see a tremendous amount of growth and now we need to add to our ability to service our customer base.
Earning potential is based on an hourly rate plus commission on cashiered billable hours or Flat rate with right qualifications. Following is a list of requirements for each and every candidate.
- Valid Drivers License
- Background check
- Pass a drug screen
- Must have own tools
- Verification of all certifications
This is an opportunity to grow with our company!
Marine Service Technician able to work on inboard and outboard Gas Motors and electronics. Please email resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org For more info call 850-862-1158
Marine Service Technician
Marine Service Technician - Class A & B
WBD will provide a career training path for on the job, web based, and instructor led training
Performs highly skilled tasks in the diagnosis of malfunctions, repairs, preventive maintenance, adjustments, and overhauls.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities Include the following: Other duties may be assigned.
Product Knowledge & Capabilities
Above average knowledge of all tools and equipment required to diagnose and repair vehicles and/or equipment.
Above average knowledge of all tools and equipment required to overhaul major sub-systems and sub-assemblies.
Ability to learn new activities and procedures relating to the position (i.e. new technology on new equipment).
- Knowledge on warranty periods and guidelines for replacement components.
Computers and electronics knowledge of various diagnostic tools such as laptop computer, multi-meter, scanners and computer hardware and software, including applications and programming.
Actively maintains current knowledge of products in order to associate symptoms or failures to a specific technical bulletin or other published information.
Service Procedures & Systems
- Comply with all Service Department procedures and practices in a consistent fashion.
Maintains work area in a safe, orderly, and clean manner.
Completes necessary documentation.
Must consistently demonstrate the ability to safely operate all types of pleasure and commercial vehicles/equipment.
Quality & Customer Service
Must be able to work special/emergency hours as required.
Commit to delivering the highest level of customer service and quality.
Maintain a high degree of ownership over all aspects of the repair.
Strive for completion on time, within estimate, done right the first time, and as per customer expectations on all assignments.
Attention to detail and cleanliness in completing repairs on customer vehicles and equipment.
Full Job Description Available upon applying
Western Branch Diesel has been owned and operated by the Haneman family since opening in 1946. The company culture of unwavering commitment to customer satisfaction has built our reputation as a service provider and business partner of the highest standard.
Initially working from a small waterfront shop in Portsmouth, Virginia, today we operate out of 11 branches strategically located throughout Virginia, West Virginia, Ohio, Kentucky and North Carolina, employing more than 280 team members including over 150 technicians.
Western Branch Diesel serves users of Detroit Diesel, MTU, and all other diesel engines. We also perform service on Allison automatic transmissions and all related equipment in the most professional manner possible with our highly trained staff – while maintaining our integrity and providing the most cost effective and comprehensive solutions for our customers. Above all, we strive to improve the lives of our employees, business partners, and the communities in which we live and work.
Marine Engine Service Technician
Davey Marine's Technician Requirements, Having some hands on experience with Outboard and or I/O Engines, preferably Mercury, Yamaha, MerCruiser and Volvo. Knowledge of Computers and Computer Diagnostics is beneficial. Additional Factory Training is available. Benefits are dependent on your Qualifications. Must have your own hand tools
Used Boat Sales, Parts and Service Departments
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!