Market Research Analyst I Job Description Sample
Market Research Analyst - Videogames/Digital Entertainment
Provide support on all aspects of primary research for video game and other interactive media clients, including both qualitative and quantitative methods, with a strong emphasis on quantitative research.
· Collaborate in market research studies for video games and interactive media, including but not limited to ad/creative tests, brand studies, trackers, messaging/positioning evaluation, and market segmentations.
· Participate in all steps of a project including but not limited to: proposal drafting, survey design, questionnaire writing, data analysis, report writing and delivery, presentation, and post mortem.
· Translate research data into actionable insights and recommendations through reports and presentations.
· Stay abreast of video game and interactive media trends and innovative developments.
· 1-3 years’ experience working in consumer insights, consumer research, or in an analyst/strategy role at an entertainment or digital media company.
· BA/BS with a strong academic record, and with a degree in a business or social science field or one with an emphasis on statistics or quantitative research methodologies.
· Strong interest and experience in gaming and interactive media.
· Excellent PowerPoint, Excel, and visual communication skills.
· Experience with the following data analysis techniques: statistical significance testing, correlations analysis, multivariate analysis techniques (such as cluster/segmentation analysis) and conjoint and discrete choice analysis. Ability to apply techniques a plus, but not required.
· Internally-motivated self-starter who continuously strives to get things done, regardless of challenges encountered.
· Critical thinker, able to understand and respond to complex questions from clients to aid in the development of research plans.
· Successfully manages time and multiple competing priorities in order to ensure deadlines are always met.
· Team player who is able to work collaboratively and/or initiate and drive projects to completion with minimal oversight.
· Passion for research and flexibility to work on custom projects outside of the area of specialization.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
This is a full-time, exempt position on-site at our main office in Los Angeles.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Required Application Materials:
· Cover Letter which should include:
o Why do you want to work at NRG?
Why are you interested in gaming and interactive media?
More information can be found online: http://nationalresearchgroup.com
Market Research Analyst
At Instapage, we offer the most powerful landing page platform for marketing teams and agencies. With nearly a thousand new businesses joining Instapage daily, we are the fastest-growing landing page platform on the market.
Our mission is to make paid advertising more relevant and effective for everyone. We are obsessed with simplicity and data-driven decision-making. The Job As a foundational member of the Instapage Product Marketing team, you will play a key role in helping grow the team and help drive the strategic research initiatives that enables Instapage to 10x our revenue.
In this role, you will conduct quantitative and qualitative market, customer, and pricing research. You’ll be responsible for developing pricing and promotion models and driving strategies, as well as discovering market insights that will be used to inform buyer personas. Successful candidates will have knowledge in quantitative modeling and deep experience with qualitative research, but also have a strong customer-centric mindset.
This role will also be tapped to contribute to other strategic initiatives as well, so a successful candidate should have a growth mindset and be willing to pitch in where needed. Responsibilities Market Research: Become a subject matter expert in the marketing technology, landing page, and digital advertising landscape.
Own research initiatives for the Product Marketing team and conduct top-down and bottoms-up analyses. Customer Insights: Drive full-cycle testing and analysis to discover customer insights through qualitative research and data, then make recommendations to address key business issues.
Buyer Persona Development: Analyze, interpret, and make actionable recommendations for the continued development of in-depth buyer personas. This may happen via interviews, surveys, and user testing, as well as data analysis.
Pricing Research: Build and implement a best-in-class global pricing models and tools based on sales growth and/or profitability goals. Work cross-functionally with Sales, Professional Services, and Marketing to support business needs.
Strategic Initiatives: Drive other strategic projects to 10x revenue for Instapage as needed. Requirements 3 - 5 years of analytics and/or pricing experience; 1 - 2 years of marketing experience Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing or a technical field like Math, Statistics, or Economics Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail Extremely comfortable working with pricing models and analyzing large data sets Strong communication skills, as this role will be presenting to leadership and cross-functional partners frequently Proficiency with SQL and understanding of data warehouse concepts Expertise of Excel, working with and analyzing large data sets Experience doing qualitative and quantitative market research via user testing, surveys, and other methods Solid understanding of the marketing and sales funnel, customer journey maps, personas, messaging, and positioning Familiarity with survey software like UserTesting, SurveyMonkey, Google Surveys, as well as analytics tools like Tableau and Heap Ability to meet fast deadlines with quick turnarounds Superb organization skills and attention to detail We are open to local candidates only.
You'll need to work in the Instapage San Francisco office on a regular basis. Benefits The chance to get in on the ground floor of a fast growing marketing technology company Nearly a thousand new businesses and entrepreneurs joining Instapage daily Competitive salary Shared equity ownership (that’s right, you will own a part of the company) Great working conditions with an energetic and driven team in the SOMA district Catered lunches Ping pong table and dartboard Health insurance, group life insurance, vision, and dental insurance A bright office, conveniently located near the ballpark and lots of good restaurants The best top of the line technology Relocation reimbursement, as needed
Market Research Analyst
STEM Marketing is looking to add a Market Research Analyst to its US analysis team. We are seeking a candidate who is looking for an opportunity to develop and grow both themselves and the company we move forward.
The Market Research Analyst plays a critical role in the execution of projects for US clients.
The primary focus of the role consists of leading analysis projects. This includes managing and working with the other analysis team members to:
- Review raw data sets
- Run data analysis and calculations
- Distilling insights from the data to create succinct and meaningful presentations for clients in the form of Microsoft PowerPoint.
The key component we are looking for in this candidate is someone who has 3+ years of experience working in market research and data analysis with experience taking that data and creating a story and final results presentation.
- Lead projects during the analysis phase of the projects
- Communicate and collaborate with project leaders
- Management and development of junior business analysts
- Project setup
- Analysis of project data
- Creation of client results presentations
OTHER ACTIVITIES (when capacity allows):
- Conduct project related field visits with Pharmaceutical Sales Representatives
- Conduct project related phone interviews with Sales Managers and other client personnel
- Conduct project related HQ interviews with client
We measure our success in terms of efficiency, accuracy, development and a strong team-first culture. The ideal candidate should be a hard-working and an ambitious self-starter who has an interest in the healthcare industry.
CRTITICAL SKILL SETS:
- REQUIRED: minimum of 3+ years experience working in market research and data analytics
- EXPERT/ADVANCED level of proficiency with Microsoft Excel (beyond basic excel courses)
- BA/BS required: Business Management, Economics, or Finance majors preferred
- Well organized and specific attention to detail and accuracy
- LOCATIONS: STEM has offices in Fort Washington and York, PA
PLEASE TAKE NOTE:
- This is NOT an IT or programming role
Position Available – Market Research Analyst
My name is Josh Stock and I represent The Fountain Group. We are a national staffing firm and are currently seeking a Market Research Analyst for a prominent fortune 500 clientof ours. This position is located in Charlotte, NC. Details for the positions are as follows:
- Individual will be responsible for managing digital customer satisfaction work.
- This position will manage end-to-end customer and consumer research, from initial discussions with internal business partners to objective setting to reporting and presenting actionable recommendations.
- This position has a high degree of independence and leadership, responsible for designing, programing, managing and culling insights from research projects.
- Maintains in-house management of all customer satisfaction research.
- The Research Manager will be responsible for providing analytical support and project management, delivering fact-based insights that help drive profitable growth from all key constituencies.
- This individual will support and help manage qualitative and quantitative primary market research projects to support all lines of business (Deposits, Investment, Mortgage, Credit Card, Consumer Auto, Dealer & Remarketing).
- The role includes working with external research firms and internal business partners.
- Other responsibilities include responding to requests for research, collecting and presenting data & analysis to address key business needs.
- Collects and analyzes data to identify market trends, customer satisfaction, etc. for key constituents in the organization.
- Leverages statistical experience to make recommendations based upon the evaluation of satisfaction drivers and the impact of comments upon customer satisfaction.
- Develop satisfaction projections based upon planned enhancements.
- Works collaboratively with other Customer Insights staff members to support internal business partners.
- Provides timely, accurate and actionable data and recommendations to support business decision-making with internal business partners.
- Provides proactive insights and reporting based on consumer, market and competitive trends, leveraging existing primary, secondary and syndicated research studies and market information.
- Plan, conduct, analyze and present data from both qualitative and quantitative primary research studies.
- Manage strong, professional vendor relationships for primary research, syndicated and secondary research and competitive intelligence.
- Statistical experience in regression and correlation work required. Experience with R or SAS critical. Experience in financial services preferred.
- Minimum 5+ years of market research experience either on the vendor or client side.
- Experience with survey design and data analysis.
- Vendor management experience establishing and maintaining strong, collaborative relationships with research vendors to best achieve common goals for the company.
- Communicates technical and non-technical information in a clear, concise, and persuasive manner; understands how to link disparate information and articulate data into actionable recommendations
- Strong presentation skills; comfortable presenting and explaining ideas to others in both formal and informal settings. Able to adjust to the needs and preferences of the audience.
- Able to handle and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously; effective at working cross functionally in a large, matrix organization.
- Detail-oriented and able to evaluate how various data pieces fit into the customer experience.
- Takes initiative and shows a strong drive to follow through and complete what was started.
- Demonstrates eagerness to learn.
- Seeks opportunities for continuous improvement and proactively offers solutions/recommendations.
- Acts independently to ensure that research is conducted according to CASRO standards, within budget, and as efficiently as possible.
- Expertise with PowerPoint and Excel
- Experience using a web-based surveying tool preferred
- Experience with text analytics tools preferred
If you are interested in hearing more about the position please respond to this email with your resume attached
Please forward this email to any friends or colleagues as we do offer a Referral Bonus for any candidate hired.
Headquartered in Tampa, FL, with operations in all 5 regions, The Fountain Group is a Contingent Labor Resource Provider. The Fountain Group services clients directly, clients with an internal contingent labor program, and clients with an external managed service program.
At The Fountain Group, we know that searching for a new career can be stressful, which is why we take time to understand your skills and personal goals. We understand the importance of job flexibility and professional growth, and offer top-notch positions with leading employers. In fact, the majority of our clients are well known Fortune 100-500 companies. We also offer a variety of benefits to our associates to ensure their overall happiness.
In addition to assisting with your job search, we will help you through every step of the process offering online tutorials and additional resources to enhance your industry knowledge and skills. As your employment agent, we are dedicated to providing career counseling and job advice, knowing precisely what established companies want.
At The Fountain Group, we treat you like family, regardless of your proximity to our office. We are dedicated to providing you with an exciting, challenging and highly rewarding place to work. Become a part of our team today and let us put your talents to work.
If you are interested in hearing more about the position please respond to this email with a copy of your resume in word form with the best contact info Please forward this email to any friends or colleagues
Market Research Analyst Supporting Product Managers Oltp Software Firm
Excellent Opportunity with and Expanding Niche Technology Financial Services Firm.
Extremely Stable Company, New/Expansion Role, Excellent Working Environment and Location; History of Promoting from within.
- Experience working for a Software Company, Consulting Company or a Financial firm in a Product Management and related Data focused role that Supports a Product Management team preferably surrounding one of the following (or a similar) technologies (that is sold and used by external clients): OLTP (online transaction processing), Financial Transaction Messaging or Financial Payment Transactions
- Experience working in a Product Management Role or with a Product Management team with ongoing communication with various internal and external key stakeholders including: External Clients (users), Software Engineering, Product Marketing, Product Support, C-Level Management, Pre-Post Sales Engineering, etc.
- Must have Strong MS Excel (macros, pivot tables, vLookups): should have solid data training And knowledge or experience in areas such as ANOVA, Data Modeling, Data Quality, Data Trend Analysis.
- Must Be Research Driven, Curious and Very Resourceful with the ability to quickly learn (from your own research) enough to recommend-suggest-advise Product Strategy/Product Offering/Product Functionality changes based on your data reports-analyses-trends-forecasts.
- Experience preparing and presenting (via PowerPoint) detailed analysis for the determination of product marketing and product management strategy decisions (should have current experience creating PowerPoint presentations); Must have solid analysis and reporting skills in regards to data mapping, experience with Quantitative Data Analysis methods and tools such as forecasting and modeling are preferred.
- Experience continually monitoring integrity of all related data (internal, external, incoming and outgoing); must have a keen eye for new and related products, trends, variables, risk factors and other new trends and topics
- Must have very strong oral and written communication and reporting skills as you will liaise various internal and external(Client) departments and teams and advise/inform accordingly based on data reports and data analyses.
- Bachelor's Degree Required, Master's Degree and/or quantitative or data analysis training or certification are pluses.
Excellent Compensation Package Including Outstanding Benefits.
Call or Apply Today.
Market Research Analyst
Market Research Analyst
About the Position:
This position is great for a semi retired person along with a younger person looking for some part time work. You will be taking survey's in nice neighborhoods gathering information for market research, along with making appointments.
15-20 Hours per week
Hourly plus bonus
Take a survey door to door.
Market Research Analyst
The Market Research Analyst is a skilled and productive member of ESG’s research team that will be responsible for all aspects of creating, producing, and promoting ESG’s syndicated, custom, and multi-client market research offerings. The ideal candidate will possess 3-5+ years of direct high-tech market research experience (whether in a research/analyst firm, technology vendor, or professional services environment), proven skills in conducting survey- and interview-based market research, superior writing and presentation skills, outstanding client relations skills, and an ability to manage multiple ongoing projects simultaneously.
- The Market Research Analyst will assist in all aspects of ESG quantitative primary market research projects, from project definition through completion and delivery. These projects may be a product of ESG’s internal research calendar, or may be sponsored client research in the form of custom or multi-client projects. Depending upon the nature of the project, the Market Research Analyst will:
- Work with ESG analysts and/or clients to define project scope
- Define the appropriate research methodology and create a detailed project plan
- Create and execute market research surveys (both phone- and Web-based)
- Conduct one-on-one primary research interviews
- Tabulate and analyze all primary research results using tools such as SPSS and MarketSight
- Conduct secondary market research as needed
- Present research findings to clients in face-to-face and phone-based meetings
- Publish research findings and analysis in written research reports, briefs, and white papers
- Develop derivative content assets utilizing research findings and analysis (e.g., Infographics, videos, etc.)
- Assist in project management including client correspondence and relationships with strategic research partners
- The Market Research Analyst will also play a key role in providing sales and marketing support for ESG research products and services. Responsibilities in this area include:
- Contributing to the development of new and innovative research products and services ESG can bring to market
- Collaborating with ESG analyst and sales staff on appropriate marketing strategies and materials for ESG research products
- Helping train ESG analyst and sales staff on content of research reports
Desired Experience &
- 3-5+ years direct experience in information technology market research (at IT research/analyst, technology vendor, or professional services firm)
- In addition to proven research and analysis skills, the Market Research Analyst must have: documented writing ability, superior project management and client relations skills, strong presentation skills, and excellent interpersonal skills
- The Market Research Analyst must be comfortable applying statistical techniques to analyze complex datasets (e.g., regression analysis, factor analysis, conjoint analysis)
- Technical requirements: Must be proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, as well as in market research and statistical analysis software such as SPSS
- Must be willing to work in a small, entrepreneurial environment
- Must have above-average intellectual curiosity and ability to quickly learn new topic areas as warranted by projects
- Must be able to take initiative in all aspects of job and be comfortable working both independently and in team environments
- Must be comfortable working in a project-based, deadline-driven environment
- BA/BS required
Market Research Analyst
Market Research Analyst
LOCATION: NORFOLK, VA
Relocation Assistance Available
SALARY RANGE: $56K - $65K
Will conduct Market research and compile studies and reports regarding industry and market trends, competitors, and potential and existing customers. Create written reports and presentations to be given at workshops and meetings. Record captured market data. Report on gained market information, market penetration, and identify new opportunities. Study marketing metrics and analyze causal relationship. Conduct customer surveys. Understand brand perception and position. Gather information on competitors. Look at financial outcomes to enhance profitability. Study market trends, past present, and future. View demographics, methods of distribution, and marketing venues. Develop strategies that focus on sales.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Statistics, or technical field such as Mechanical or Electrical Engineering and 4 years of related experience OR equivalent combination of education and experience
- Excellent use of the English language, incl. grammar, syntax, and rules of composition
- Business and statistical principles applied to business development, marketing and sales
- Familiarity with micro and macro economics
- Familiarity with advanced statistical analysis and research methods
- Excellent use of MS Office
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to make presentations
- Ability to travel within the US and abroad up to 15% of the time
- Ability to obtain valid driver's license and passport
Market Research Analyst
Summary of Associate Analyst Job Function
The associate analyst position is a strong thinker who is motivated to produce exceptional research work based on precise statistical analysis. The ideal candidate has strong analytic skills and is able to express ideas clearly and cogently, both in writing and verbally. To be successful in this role, you must be comfortable deriving conclusions and client recommendations from behavioral science data analysis and communicating the application of basic statistical analyses to technical and non-technical audiences alike.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Data Collection Support
- Online study programming
- Logic testing all skip patterns and quotas
- Ensuring data integrity
- Monitoring quotas and incidence
- Quantitative data processing, including cleaning data, writing syntax, weighting data, estimating utilities, coding open-ends, creating analysis variables, creating choice simulators, creating tables
- Basic statistical testing
- Analyzing data patterns
- Running simulations based on choice and emotional data
- Forming story building blocks through analytics
- Pressure testing hypotheses against current knowledge
- Creating story by pulling key insights from data analysis into a coherent structure
- Creating the central data comparison graphics based on analyses that illustrate the core components of the story
- Creating data dashboards
- Proofing data and typography
- Incorporating visual elements
Experience, Education & Other Skills
· Bachelor’s degree from a four-year program at a recognized college or university, or equivalent combination of education and experience required
· Up to two years of market research experience is a plus
· Strong data analytics and research design skills required. Experience with SPSS or other statistical package necessary. Proficiency in PowerPoint and Excel a must
· Strong attention to detail
· Ability to be fully engaged in work, demonstrate creative problem solving, inspire others with work output, and focused on personal and professional growth a must
Sr Market Research Analyst
Forest City Realty Trust, Inc. is a NYSE-listed national real estate company engaged in commercial and residential real estate throughout the United States. Forest City Associates are committed to creating superior communities where people LIVE, WORK, SHOP and STAY!
We are searching for a talented Sr Market Research Analyst to be based out of our corporate offices located in Cleveland, Ohio.
Responsible for the development, implementation, coordination and oversight of market research materials that will be used to heavily influence strategy and foster more data driven decisions. This includes, but is not limited to, creating data solutions in the form of models, tools and databases to answer business questions. The Sr Market Research Analyst will also assist the department in creation of regularly created reports for governance committees and the Board of Directors and play an essential role in educating associates on market research capabilities and in managing research tools.
At Forest City, we are thoughtful in social responsibility and pride ourselves in fostering an inclusive and dynamic workplace that provides opportunities for continuous growth!
- Create and maintain models and tools that will inform and direct investment decisions.
- Perform data collection and analysis for regularly scheduled and ad hoc requests used to drive and support strategy and investment decisions. Responsible for providing accurate and timely analysis.
- Work across cross functionally to understand information needs and maintains relationships with various functions. Work with market research team to drive usage of market research tools, including the Market Research Library.
- Manage market research tools and services including auditing use and acting as a subject matter expert able to perform training as needed.
- Track the use of 3rd party market research groups and ensure functions are using internal sources when appropriate.
- This position requires an Undergraduate Degree in Economics or related discipline.
- An additional degree that is preferred for this position include: Master Degree in Economics, Business/Finance, Real Estate.
- 5-7 years of required experience Real Estate Operations/Development or Consulting is preferred.
- 5-7 years of experience in Research/Analysis is required.
- Ability to work at an advanced level with MS-Excel.
- Required skills for the position include: written and verbal skills, Microsoft Office, organization, prioritization, content management and strategy, research and data analysis, collaboration, and strategic thinking.
- This position requires up to 10% travel.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities/Religion/Sex/ProtectedVeterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Marital Status/Pregnancy/Age/National Origin/Genetic Information
Drug free workplace
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!