Marketing Manager Job Description Sample
Essential Responsibilities and Operations:
- Oversee the development, vision, strategy, execution and follow up for all marketing and PR initiative, including influencers programs.
- Create, budget and execute, a well thought-out marketing plan as approved by HQ; and identify new opportunities for driving business in stores and online, expanding customer base, building strategic partnerships, and brand equity.
- Develop and manage the creation and implementation of all marketing plans, including all promotions, content, social media, company material and collateral, events, co-branding, PR, and all other marketing initiatives
- Responsible for building and maintaining all budgets and timelines for all marketing related projects, campaigns, and initiatives – utilizing appropriate tools and resources for success and to remain within budget
- Collaborate with key stakeholders and departments in order to create and maintain an integrated marketing and promotional calendar in order to optimize results and build customer loyalty
- Create and maintain partnerships with key stakeholders, merchants, outside agencies, tastemakers, and influencers
- Collaborate closely with other departments such as Retail/Store Teams, Operations, Communication, Visual Merchandising, Digital and Finance in order to identify best strategies and lead fully integrated brand campaigns and initiatives
- Collect all historical and current data from +past campaigns in order to identify key metrics and analysis and provide recaps on all initiatives; including identifying specific ROI KPIs and benchmarks for success
- Work with the team to manage and create all company and marketing/PR related collateral, branded materials, content, and campaigns
- 2-5 years of marketing experience (fashion/retail a preferred)
- Degree in marketing, communications or similarly related field
- Proficiency with multiple computer programs and social media platforms, including office, Adobe, etc. (knowledge of specific CRM, CMS platforms a plus)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with an ability to effectively communicate ideas and pitch via multiple channels (phone, e-mail, Skype, in person, etc.)
- Strong attention to detail, with proven track record to plan, organize, set expectations/priorities, and multi-task in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with a proven ability to work well and collaborate with others, and maintain a positive work environment
- Proven track record of driving results, utilize resources, create short and long term solutions, and take initiative to manage results within a timely manner
- Strong work ethic and creative skills
We are seeking a dynamic, passionate, execution-oriented individual to join the team as Marketing Manager. Partnerships and experiential marketing are crucial to raising brand awareness and developing brand loyalty; this role is a social one and an exciting opportunity to help power Dirty Lemon’s business goals. As Marketing Manager, you will report directly to the Head of Brand Partnerships, working daily in the following areas:
- Oversee product flow at our non-traditional retail locations (members-only clubs, stores, cafes), check in on inventory and stay abreast of upcoming events.
- Leverage strong communication skills to maintain detailed schedules and provide updates to the Head of Brand Partnerships.
- Drive offline brand activations, owning the process from ideation to execution for brand partnerships and activations.
- Attend all events where DL is present to help setup and ensure the drinks are kept cold, the bottles are displayed nicely, and any customer questions are answered.
- Identify opportunities that would elevate brand status through association as well as opportunities that would allow the brand to reach valuable customers.
- Track performance KPIs for DL activations and measure results of each activation to inform our strategy for future events.
- Help generate new business pipeline by building relationships with innovative brands and influencers.
This role is fast-paced and requires full attention of the candidate & constant communication with our team. We are looking for a passionate, motivated and highly organized individual to fill this role & add value to the team. Previous e-commerce experience is a plus, but not necessary.
- Ready to go above & beyond to help the team; open to a flexible schedule
- Entrepreneurially driven; excited to work in a fast-paced and energetic environment
- Full of fresh ideas; skilled at planning, organizing, prioritizing and working on simultaneous projects
- Solutions oriented; propensity to solve matters rather than dwell on the problem at hand
- Experience in marketing/partnerships/events/client relationships (internships included
Competitive salary, opportunities to grow within the company and shape our growth strategy, Full medical benefits (including dental & vision), A human-centric culture inclusive of wellness perks.
What are we looking for?
Our client is currently in need of a passionately driven Marketing Manager with extensive digital experience to drive lead generation and all aspects of online presence.
‘Day in the life’:
- Drive Traffic
- Email marketing
- Copy writing, editing and proofing
- Own and drive results using Hubspot and other online tools
- Create and manage CRM campaigns
- Social media presence and marketing
- Working knowledge of PPC advertising, retargeting social and web, and managing SEO
- Problem Solving and Idea Generation
- Construction of advertising displays
- Website Health and efficiencies (external clients)
- Manage, direct, and lead a small team of dedicated marketing associates and handle multiple projects at the same time
- Collaborate with sales team on campaigns
- Manage all copy and adhere to Brand Voice
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with multiple software programs (Hubspot, Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office, Google Apps, Smartsheet, WordPress, and more)
- Flexible Attitude
- Proven ability to work autonomously
- Passion for Marketing
- 5 years Marketing Leadership
- Minimum 3 years driving digital marketing
- B2C marketing experience
- Pipeline marketing
- Lead nurturing
- Exceptional Project Management Skills
- Supports management of the product life cycle for the assigned product portfolio, including product development, introduction, cost optimization, and obsolescence.
- Provides front-line guidance to Sales and Customer Service as related to marketing product questions (how to sell, competitive positioning, and value propositions)
- Assesses market needs and opportunities for new products/specifications through research and feasibility analysis.
- Performs market analysis to assess market information, market trends, market share analysis, and competitive analysis.
- Implement SaaS model for new product development
- Assists in the competitive intelligence process, including the research, collection, and synthesis of competitive data.
- Supports product development / cross-functional teams (engineering, manufacturing, sales & marketing) as the lead marketing representative for identified projects; may lead projects.
- Drives the pricing strategy process.
- Assists in development of all collateral needed to support new and existing products including technical manuals, technical specification sheets, and brochures.
- Develops value selling tools to support the sales function for new and existing products, including sales presentations and product demonstration materials.
- Collaborates in the development of literature, catalogs, advertisements, and other promotional items to increase market penetration of the product.
- B.S. in Engineering or other Technical Degree (Industrial, Physics, Material Science etc.) with 3-5 years of relevant experience or B.A. in Marketing, with 5 years of relevant Technical Experience (Working with engineered products, machinery, equipment etc.)
- 5+ years of experience in a B2B environment, preferably with an industrial manufacturing company
- Marketing expert (knowledge of competitors, price points, pricing strategy, customers); Understanding of the Market in order to drive Voice of the Customer and draw inferences from customer comments to determine pain points.
- Must have previous SaaS implementation experience.
- Have worked in a manufacturing facility with technical or manufactured product lines. Level of technical understanding equivalent to sales managers – Not a product expert. (preferred)
- Demonstrated strong analytical and strategic skills
- Ability to travel (domestically and internationally) 20%
KCPQ-TV, the FOX affiliate in Seattle, is looking for a Marketing Manager to help lead the day-to-day execution of the station's promotion and marketing processes. This position will report to the Director of Marketing and Creative Services and work cross-departmentally to develop marketing plans & strategy for optimal brand benefit. This role will also develop copy, scripts and project briefing materials to ensure strategies are translated effectively into multi-platform creative. The ideal Marketing Manager is a central "in the trenches" leader who effectively manages resources and develops relationships throughout the company to ensure all marketing campaigns are strategically executed on time and on brand.
Develop and maintain marketing plans for a variety of brands, including local news, sports, entertainment, community and partner initiatives.
Leverage appropriate resources to guide marketing and integrated campaigns from conception to completion.
Manage on-air promotional inventory and placement strategies.
Oversee digital marketing strategies with an emphasis on organic and paid social/digital media campaigns.
Organize community and event-driven marketing planning and programs.
Manage advertising budgets and media buying initiatives.
Write multi-platform scripts, copy, creative briefs and presentation documents.
Work with network and syndicator contacts to manage promotional requirements and co-op opportunities.
Minimum of 5 years marketing experience, with proven experience and/or demonstrated ability to use research and other tools to create actionable B2C marketing plans.
Minimum of 2 years managing a team with direct reports.
Ability to work on many projects simultaneously and under deadline.
Proven track record of leading large projects to successful completion.
Local television experience a plus.
Experience working collaboratively across departments especially News and Sales.
Current and contemporary knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, digital and social ad sets and creative.
Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
Excellent organizational skills.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Company InfoTribune Media Company (NYSE: TRCO) is home to a diverse portfolio of television and digital properties driven by quality news, entertainment and sports programming. Tribune Media is comprised of Tribune Broadcasting's 42 owned or operated local television stations reaching approximately 50 million households, national entertainment cable network WGN America, whose reach is more than 77 million households, and a variety of digital applications and websites commanding 54 million monthly unique visitors online. Tribune Media also includes Chicago's WGN-AM, the national multicast networks Antenna TV and THIS TV, and Covers Media Group, an unrivaled source of online sports betting information. Additionally, the Company owns and manages a significant number of real estate properties across the U.S. and holds a variety of investments, including a 31% interest in Television Food Network, G.P., which operates Food Network and Cooking Channel.
Manages and develops annual marketing plan in conjunction with Area and Region Leadership.
Area's voice of marketing leadership for the Scoop, Food Fanatics, My Kitchen, Kitchen Tune-Up, National Flyer, and other strategic initiatives. Counsel, and provide support to, Area leadership to maximize impact of center-driven Marketing programs and best practices for delivering local programs.
Manage marketing activities to support and drive key results; sales and profit growth, penetration (account, Scoop, and E-Commerce) and account growth.
Plan, develop, coordinate and execute marketing and sales activities such as culinary events (i.e Food Fanatics LIVE and Scoop Showcases), sales meetings, promotions/incentives, etc. Will oversee, direct and supervise Marketing Coordinator(s) on all said activities in all of the Markets within the Area.
Manage, direct, and prioritize Marketing Coordinator(s) in Markets throughout the area, remotely.
Assess local sponsorship and partnership opportunities with region marketing leadership. Provide assistance in obtaining items such as advertisements for local media, table tents, etc.
Oversee marketing spend and budgeting within all Markets in the Area.
Implement and execute the center and region led marketing activities. Review center-led materials and make any area specific changes, such as updates to product list based on inventory availability, before distributing. Manage all aspects of distribution.
Develop marketing materials and communications to support Area-led activities using templates, tools and best practices provided by the Center and Region; such as local flyers, promotions and events. Manage distribution.
Responsible for communicating local promotional results to sales team by using Center provided analytics or working with Sales Analyst on local tracking needs. Makes recommendations to Area Leadership on how to improve results of promotional and marketing events. Work with AVP Merchandising and Marketing, Area Category Operations Managers and Area DSS to identify and develop promotional opportunities for localized vendors.
Follows company brand standards when customizing and creating any local marketing materials. Responsible for ensuring our brand is executed by all personnel within all Markets within their Area and vendor/broker partners.
Provide Center provided product/program positioning materials (i.e. sell sheets, guides, etc), as well as training materials, for the sales force.
Use and encourage the use of approved social media channels and collaboration tools (Yammer) by all personnel within the Area.
Other duties assigned by manager.
- EOE Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Protected Veteran/Disability Status*
- Four-year college degree in marketing / marketing-related field or equivalent experience required.
- Minimum 5 years experience in marketing required.
Ability to operate under pressure and tight deadlines.
Excellent prioritization and time management skills.
Ability to set performance goals and manage personnel to those goals, even when direct reports are located in other DCs.
Sound understanding of marketing principles.
Ability to build and maintain excellent working partnerships and interface with a variety of internal and external resources to attain organizational goals.
Ability to make sound, independent decisions.
Proficient communication skills.
Able to work with various content management and online marketing systems.
Self-directed and highly motivated.
High level of proficiency required in the use of Microsoft Office, especially Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, as well as Microsoft Outlook; as well as in Indesign, Adobe Acrobat Professional, and Social Media applications.
An advanced internet aptitude strongly desired.
MOS Code: Market Research Analysts & Marketing Specialists
Military Skills and Experience Crosswalk
Visit O*Net to see how your service aligns with US Foods roles: www.onetonline.org/crosswalk/MOC/
Marketing Manager, Seattle, WA
Tilray is a global pioneer in cannabis research, cultivation, processing, and distribution currently serving tens of thousands of patients in ten countries spanning five continents.
High Park Company, a wholly owned subsidiary of Tilray, was established to develop, sell, and distribute inspiring and iconic adult-use cannabis brands.
Join a fast-paced team at the forefront of the rapidly expanding legal cannabis industry. Tilray's newly formed Retail Team is charged with developing and scaling an industry-defining customer experience for adult-use or recreational cannabis. We are building a team of self-directed subject matter experts with the desire and ability to figure out what needs to be done and then do it.
The Marketing Manager will be responsible for overall brand management and identity. This role will develop and leading the retail marketing function to scale with the dynamic retail business. This role will assess and leverage the marketing teams of acquired and affiliated retail brands in both the US and Canada.
Role and Responsibilities
Develop and lead the retail marketing strategy across portfolio of wholly owned and affiliated brands
Planning, communicating and implementing social, online, in store, and print marketing campaigns with sales activities
Monitor and measure effectiveness of marketing communications
Maintain effective internal communications to ensure that all relevant company functions are kept informed of marketing objectives
Analyze potential strategic partner relationships for marketing needs
Maintain an awareness of cutting-edge retail trends and insights
Effectively manages multiple and multi-site projects of varying complexity within set timelines
Who you are
Passion for creating great customer experiences
Experience working in or curiosity about cannabis industry
Entrepreneurial in spirit while also leveraging the assets that come from being a part of a global company
Ability to distinguish where to focus our tools to ensure we're providing maximum value to our customers.
A sense of aesthetics and a love for great copy and witty communication
Eager to research and create new business relationships independently
Demonstrated ability to communicate with colleagues and stakeholders located in diverse geographical areas/time zones (via phone and web)
Demonstrated ability to get work done in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment
The willingness to balance both office hours and meaningful time in market
Degree in Marketing or Business Administration
Five years proven experience in identifying target audiences and in creatively devising and leading across channels marketing campaigns that engage, educate and motivate
Five years solid knowledge of website analytics tools (e.g., Google Analytics, NetInsight, Omniture, WebTrends)
Five years experience in setting up and optimizing Google Adwords campaigns
Numerically literate, comfortable working with numbers, making sense of metrics and processing figures with spreadsheets
Up-to-date with the latest trends and best practices in online marketing and measurement
Experience managing complex, time sensitive projects
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you're seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
We're hunting for an experienced marketing professional to help us build visibility around the innovative and inspirational work we do, and to encourage potential clients to think of us when they need help with their biggest challenges. We are a $1 billion
- global consulting provider. We work across a range of industries to make the world a better place through innovative thinking and technology.
We are looking for a Marketing Manager to join a team that supports ICF's largest business unit. The two divisions that you will support are very diverse: from tech transformation and modernization, social marketing, and organizational development and training; to climate change adaptation and mitigation, sustainable development, transportation issues, and international health and development. Our work is timely, relevant, and impactful - improving the lives of millions of people at home and abroad every day.
You will help us maximize our marketing efforts through creative thinking and data-driven decisions. You'll work with our business and marketing leaders to come up with innovative B2B campaign strategies and ideas, relevant and multi-channel content, and lead the way through execution. Your job will center around three areas:
Strategic Project Support. Develop, implement, and measure the success of integrated, multi-channel marketing campaigns to support the highest priority areas of our business.
Event Optimization. Identify ways to make the most of our participation in conferences and, highlighting our expertise and experience in a wide range of important topic areas.
Opportunity Marketing. Work closely with our business leaders to raise visibility around our most important new business opportunities.
What You Will Bring
A minimum of 7 years of marketing experience in a B2B environment with proficiency in cross-channel campaign execution, marketing automation, performance marketing and campaign analytics (Marketo experience preferred). Experience reaching federal government audiences is preferred.
Creativity and high energy with a willingness to identify and try new strategies and tactics as they emerge.
Ability to work as part of an integrated marketing team, with access to graphic design and other support as needed.
Strong organizational, prioritization, task-juggling and planning skills, as you will be working on a wide range of topics and projects simultaneously.
A professional demeanor, flexible attitude, and positive attitude, even while working in a fast-paced environment.
B.S. in marketing, communications, PR or related field.
Strong written and oral communication skills and ability to influence an audience that includes senior leaders and stakeholders.
Strong knowledge of all things digital and social, with an interest in staying current with the latest marketing methods and trends.
ICF offers an excellent benefits package, an award winning talent development program, and fosters a highly skilled, energized and empowered workforce.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
ICF (NASDAQ:ICFI) is a global consulting services company with over 5,000 specialized experts, but we are not your typical consultants. At ICF, business analysts and policy specialists work together with digital strategists, data scientists and creatives. We combine unmatched industry expertise with cutting-edge engagement capabilities to help organizations solve their most complex challenges. Since 1969, public and private sector clients have worked with ICF to navigate change and shape the future. Learn more at icf.com.
Fairfax, VA (VA01)
Edupoint Educational Systems, a Leader in K-12 Software Innovation and a "Top Companies to Work For" recipient is currently seeking an experienced full-time Staff Accountant to join our growing team of professionals. This position will be responsible for managing the accounts receivable process from new client set up through payment application. This opportunity is available in Mesa, AZ. If you enjoy working with a dynamic team and would enjoy working in the K-12 industry, we want to hear from you!
We offer a Comprehensive Package to include generous Paid Time Off, excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage, life insurance, short and long term disability, wellness programs, 401K with immediate vesting opportunities among other fun perks.
Working closely with the Chief Sales and Marketing Officer, the Marketing Manager is responsible for planning, development and implementation of the marketing, communications and public relations activities for the organization, at the strategic and tactical levels. Develops marketing strategy by studying market drivers, identifying prospects and their current and future needs and monitoring the competition.
Responsible for all assets of lead generation activities from initial plan through final execution and reporting of results. Familiar with GoToWebinar and Constant Contact or similar platforms.
Responsible for Edupoint web site content and visuals and ensures that these are consistent with Edupoints brand and position as an industry leader.
Plans and oversees promotion activities including print, online, electronic media, and direct mail.
Works with sales and event team members to determine company presence at conventions, annual meetings, trade associations, and seminars. Ensures all aspects of event support contribute to greatest ROI on these activities including lead gen activities before the event, powerful booth messaging and signage, and lead acquisition tracking.
Responsible for delivery of professional sales support collateral in the form of brochures, white papers and leave behinds.
Develop a comprehensive public relations program that will enhance the Organizations image and position within the marketplace.
Monitors competitor products, sales and marketing activities. Influences present and future products by determining and evaluating current and future market trends.
Provides marketing information by answering questions and requests.
Achieves financial objectives by preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
Completes marketing department operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
Manages a small operational team of marketing staff overseeing events and marketing communications/PR. Maintains marketing staff job results by hiring, counseling and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Extremely strong writing/editing skills
Web site development skills
Strong creative talent with experience with digital media photography, Photoshop, and Adobe Creative suite
Strong Microsoft Office Suite experience with MS Word, Excel, PPT.
Prezi design experience
Preference for candidate with previous K-12 market experience
Education and/or Experience:
BA/BS degree Marketing, Business Administration or related field.
Five years of progressively challenging marketing management experience
Typical Physical Demands and Work Environment:
Work may require sitting for long periods of time; also stopping, bending and stretching for files and supplies, occasionally lifting files, objects or paper weighing up to 30 pounds. Requires manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, telephone, copier and other office equipment as necessary. Hearing must be in the normal range for telephone and video conferencing contacts. Visual acuity necessary to work extended hours on computer screens. Ability to work in an environment with moderate noise and which can be fast paced and project intensive. Travel and some extended overnight trips in the performance of duties may be required.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.
A leader in global irrigation and innovating The Intelligent Use of Water, Rain Bird has a dynamic opportunity for you to join our global team. You will model our core values including ethical behavior and hard work while making a difference in our organization through the relationships you develop and by becoming a trusted advisor to the business. The Marketing Manager for Rain Bird's Consumer Producs Division will lead Marketing and Innovation with responsibility for all aspects of the marketing discipline.
P&L responsibility for all product categories
Drive continuous improvement of product quality and the end consumer experience, in conjunction with Engineering and Manufacturing functions
Insight-driven new product development and management of product life cycles and innovation road maps
Product assortment planning and execution, including positioning and pricing strategies
Development and execution of market development strategies to drive higher than market growth in established and new channels of distribution in domestic and international markets
Develop marketing strategy and goals, monitor progress, and measure performance against the goals and objectives
Lead team to develop best in class merchandising, promotional programs, and effective marketing communications
Development of competitive analysis tools to track category share, positioning, pricing and programs across all product lines
Contribute significantly to business strategic planning process
Plan, coordinate and implement the development of sales training and sales tools
Collaboration and coordination of across channels of distribution, geographic regions, and SBUs
Undergraduate degree in business or a technical discipline
MBA or equivalent
Ten or more years of progressive leadership experience in sales and/or marketing of consumer durable goods
Track record of driving profitable growth in "big box" retail channels of distribution
New product development and project management experience
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Strong planning and organizational skills
Demonstrated aptitude for quantitative analysis, strategic and tactical thinking, and fact-based decision making
Skillful at influencing and leading across organization, regardless of direct authority
At least two of the desired qualifications.
New business development experience
General management or P&L experience
Retail merchandising or category management experience
Experience gathering customer insights and creating customer segmentation
Experience identifying, conducting due diligence, and/or integrating potential acquisition targets
Rain Bird is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!