Marking Machine Operator Job Description Sample
Laser Marking Operator 2Nd Shift
Sets up and operates laser machine to specifications.
· This position is responsible for operating the CNC laser equipment to produce finished products.
· Bring problems/issues to attention of Supervisor.
· Accurately complete all quality control documentation and inspection sheets.
· Follows verbal and/or written instructions such as part drawings, traveler, work instructions, process specifications, and direction from the supervisor in completing a variety of assembly and inspection tasks.
· Monthly maintenance which includes changing filters and cleaning the machines.
· Work efficiently to achieve targeted goals.
· Performs other duties as assigned, to maintain efficiency throughout the company.
· Practice Good Manufacturing Practices and inspection techniques.
· Must have a high school diploma (or equivalent).
· Basic ability to read part drawings.
· Knowledge of CAD files a plus.
· Have to be computer literate.
· Clean, organized, and ability to multi-task.
· Above average manual dexterity and mechanical aptitude.
· Visual inspection with the use of a microscope on small parts with attention to detail.
· Flexible, reliable, self-starting team player with ability to work with little or no supervision.
· Good communication skills.
· Willing to grow with the Company.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Branch Medical Group, a subsidiary of Globus Medical is an Equal Opportunity Employer. EOE M/F/D/V
Technician / Operator - Pavement Marking
Peek Pavement Marking, LLC. is seeking Laborers / Operators for the Summerville, SC Branch. Peek Pavement Marking is an industry leader in pavement markings in the Southeast providing services to SCCDOT, State Ports and local authorities.
- Peek Pavement Marking is a DOT regulated company and all applicants must be a minimum of 18 years of age
- Seeking both CDL and Non-CDL licensed drivers.
- Must have a valid driver license with a good MVR
- Good Background and must be able to pass a DOT drug test and DOT physical.
- This position requires the individual to work a variable schedule which includes weekend work.
- Use computerized specialty equipment to mark all state, county, rural, and city roads
- Occasional out of town overnight travel is required.
- When overnight travel is required, the company pays for the hotel and there is a $27 per day per diem is paid when out of town and in a hotel.
- Peek offers many benefits including but not limited to Medical and Life insurance and 401K.
- Pay rates for this position are as follows: Without CDL - $15.00 plus bonuses, With CDL - $16.00 plus bonuses.
If you have an interest we also need you to fill out an application online at www.peeksafety.com.
Click on the employment tab and follow the instruction for submitting an application for this position. Peek is an AA/EOE Employer and Military Friendly Employer.
Our Summerville office is located at:
131 Jed Park Place
Summerville, SC 29486
Be sure to include your resume & contact information if responding by email through ZipRecruiter.
Peek Pavement Marking is an AA/EOE Employer.
Peek Pavement Marking combines a 200-plus vehicle road striping fleet with highly trained crews and a commitment to service second to none. We stripe projects of all sizes, from roads and highways to the largest airfields, military bases and virtually any concrete or asphalt surface that require striping or delineation.
We also provide surface preparation, line grinding and water blasting eradication and sign installations, as well as traffic control. Peek Pavement Marking has the latest MRL and Stripe Hog equipment. Peek Pavement Marking has the capability to install any and all types of road control markings to include thermoplastic, paint. raised pavement markers, etc. Our clients and contractors include private developers and a variety of government agencies at the local, county, state and federal levels.
Placard / Part Marking Technician
Kforce has a client in search of a Placard/Part Marking Technician in Atlanta, Georgia (GA). Under the direction of the Production management, the Placard/Part Marking Technician will produce Aircraft placards and part mark Aircraft parts and assemblies. Essential Job Functions:
Required to read and interpret engineering drawings to determine the proper color, font, dimension and design required to create aircraft placards
Use Adobe Illustrator and Gerber Omega software to accurately draw, and layout aircraft placards for production
Will produce name plates, signs, banners, etc. for in-house use
Produce placards that require foreign languages, barcodes or QR codes
Manufacture placards utilizing a Gerber Edge FX printer and Gerber Envision Plotter
Maintain traceability of all materials used during manufacturing and properly complete documentation to ensure compliance with all inspection and FAA requirements
Use precision measuring tools to verify fabricated placards meet design engineering or to meticulously cut placards to size
Install Placards on mounting plates, brackets, or interior monuments flawlessly using precision measuring tools
Operation of a Videojet marking machine in the part marking area to permanently mark production parts with part numbers, serial numbers, revision levels, and etc.
Identify if parts are prototype or FAA-PMA approved
Work closely with engineering at times to determine proper color, font and design
Work with planning and procurement to help estimate labor hours and materials required
Observe good housekeeping habits and maintain safe operations by adhering to the client's safety procedures and regulations
Participate in continuous improvement activities to improve the workplace and increase productivity
Participate in cross training to other skill groups or areas as needed
High School diploma or equivalent required
Preferred two-year degree in Graphics Design or equivalent job experience
Experience with Adobe illustrator, Gerber Omega, or other graphics design software preferred
Prefer experience with Gerber FX printers and Gerber envision Plotters
Training with engravers preferably Laser engravers is an asset
Must be able to read, write, and speak English fluently with a good understanding of proper grammar and spelling
Must have excellent computer skills with a working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, Publisher) * Possess the ability to visually recognize and identify different colors
Must be willing to work extended hours, weekends, and Holidays when needed to support the delivery schedule
Understanding of the Pantone color match system is a plus Kforce is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Laser Marking Equipment Technologist
Job Description Summary # Job Description Laser Marking Equipment Technologist obtains in depth knowledge of machine and its software to develop marking programs and run applications for product specific laser marking content required on reusable surgical instruments. This role will work closely with engineering for the validation of new equipment related to FDA UDI marking requirements and will develop programming and fixture recommendations to improve process flow.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Program laser marking equipment used to etch surgical instruments with product specific content.
Set-up and operate laser marking equipment to apply programmed content onto surgical instruments made from a variety of materials.
Troubleshoot issues concerning mark quality related to laser marking process.
Become proficient in use of laser marking software and train others in its use, as required.
Provide feedback to Operations and Engineering regarding potential process improvements.
Perform operations to meet specification based on manufacturing documents including part prints, process routers, and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
Will operate within the plant/shop safety rules and maintain good housekeeping practices.
Maintains quality and productivity levels during the manufacturing process.
Operates and adheres to general plant rules and policies governing workplace conduct, performance, EH&S policies, and good documentation practices.
Maintains good housekeeping practices in work area and the plant in general.
Works cohesively with others in a team environment.
The primary working position is sitting with limited standing, bending, or twisting required for the operator.
Occasional movement of product weighing up to 50 pounds from one work station to another.
Visual acuity adequate to detect subtle visual product non-conformities.
- High School diploma or equivalent + Technical school or training preferred
Basic math + Ability to read and interpret part prints, process control sheets/project routers, and can follow procedures necessary for proper production of V. Mueller and Snowden-Pencer surgical instruments.
CAD/Drafting/Graphic Design experience is a plus
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in similar role preferred # Primary Work LocationUSA MO - St Louis # Additional Locations # Work Shift Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status
Laser Marking Programmer (2Nd Shift)
Program and perform daily laser marking on product.
- Responsible for programming, layout, development of process parameters, and organization of information in controlled customer files under revision control.
- Working with engineering in the design of fixturing for components/assemblies for the laser marking equipment
- Perform daily Laser Marking on standard product and customer orders.
- Assist in areas of assembly and cleaning as required.
- Maintain workload based on production deadlines.
- Maintain work flow, job packets, routers and quality in the product for Laser Marking.
- Analyze and resolve work and Laser Marking issues on product as they arise with Engineering.
- Maintains all documents required for orders processing through such as job packets, routers and data entry in VISTA.
- Implement continuous improvement on all products to reduce cost and waste.
- Preventive Maintenance on Laser Marking Equipment
- All other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- Ability to read & understand blue prints while holding tight tolerances using calipers, micrometers, and comparator
- Ability to read and comprehend work instructions & customer specifications
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide whole numbers, fractions and decimals
Our orthopedic and spinal surgical instruments are designed, machined, molded, and assembled in our 30,000 square foot facility, giving us total control over the production process. The process begins with a call to our courteous customer service representatives. From there, our engineering and R&D team will develop an instrument based on your custom requirements. Silicone rubber handles and inserts are molded in a wide variety of shapes, colors and durometers.
R-47115 Laser Marking Equipment Technologist - Cleveland, OH
R-47115 Laser Marking Equipment Technologist (Open) - USA OH - Cleveland
Laser Marking Equipment Technologist obtains in depth knowledge of machine and its software to develop marking programs and run applications for product specific laser marking content required on reusable surgical instruments. This role will work closely with engineering for the validation of new equipment related to FDA UDI marking requirements and will develop programming and fixture recommendations to improve process flow.Duties and
· Program laser marking equipment used to etch surgical instruments with product specific content.
· Set-up and operate laser marking equipment to apply programmed content onto surgical instruments made from a variety of materials.
· Troubleshoot issues concerning mark quality related to laser marking process.
· Become proficient in use of laser marking software and train others in its use, as required.
· Provide feedback to Operations and Engineering regarding potential process improvements.
· Perform operations to meet specification based on manufacturing documents including part prints, process routers, and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
· Will operate within the plant/shop safety rules and maintain good housekeeping practices.
· Maintains quality and productivity levels during the manufacturing process.
· Operates and adheres to general plant rules and policies governing workplace conduct, performance, EH&S policies, and good documentation practices.
· Maintains good housekeeping practices in work area and the plant in general.
· Works cohesively with others in a team environment.
· The primary working position is sitting with limited standing, bending, or twisting required for the operator.
· Occasional movement of product weighing up to 50 pounds from one work station to another.
· Visual acuity adequate to detect subtle visual product non-conformities.
· High School diploma or equivalent
· Technical school or training preferred
· Basic math
· Ability to read and interpret part prints, process control sheets/project routers, and can follow procedures necessary for proper production of V. Mueller and Snowden-Pencer surgical instruments.
· CAD/Drafting/Graphic Design experience is a plus
· Minimum 2 years’ experience in similar role preferred
In March 2015, CareFusion, a leading provider of healthcare technology and services for medication management, infection prevention, respiratory care and surgical procedures, joined BD as part of our worldwide Medical segment. Together, our companies will form one of the largest global leaders in medication management and patient safety solutions.
To learn more and apply for opportunities with BD or one of our CareFusion businesses, visit https://jobs.bd.com/
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Placard And Part Marking Technician
Overview Delta Global Services, a wholly owned subsidiary of Delta Air Lines Inc, has a
Placard and Part Marking
Technician job in Atlanta, GA through our Staffing Division. This
Placard and Part Marking Technician job will require the individual to be responsible for the following.
Producing Aircraft placards and part mark Aircraft parts and assemblies.
Will utilize Adobe Illustrator and Gerber Omega software to accurately draw, and layout aircraft placards for production.
Producing name plates, signs, banners, etc. for in-house use.
Producing placards that require foreign languages, barcodes or QR codes.
Manufacturing placards utilizing a Gerber Edge FX printer and Gerber Envision Plotter.
Maintaining traceability of all materials used during manufacturing and properly complete documentation to ensure compliance with all inspection and FAA requirements.
Utilizing precision measuring tools to verify fabricated placards meet design engineering or to meticulously cut placards to size.
Installing Placards on mounting plates, brackets, or interior monuments flawlessly using precision measuring tools.
Operating a Videojet marking machine in the Part marking area to permanently mark production parts with part numbers, serial numbers, revision levels and etc.
Identifying if parts are prototype or FAA-PMA approved.
- Participating in cross training to other skill groups or areas as needed.
Minimum/basic skills & qualifications an individual qualified for this position should possess.
Required to read and interpret engineering drawings to determine the proper color, font, dimension and design required to create aircraft placards
High school Diploma or equivalent required.
Prefer two year degree in graphics design or equivalent job experience.
Must be able to read, write, and speak English fluently with a good understanding of proper grammar and spelling.
Possess the ability to visually recognize and identify different colors
Must have excellent computer skills with a working knowledge of Microsoft office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and Publisher).
Experience with Adobe illustrator, Gerber Omega, or other graphics design software preferred.
Understanding of the Pantone color match system is a plus.
Prefer experience with Gerber FX printers and Gerber envision Plotters.
Experience with engravers preferably Laser engravers is an asset.
Must be willing to work extended hours, weekends and Holidays when needed to support the delivery schedule. Delta Global Services - Staffing Division (DGS) has been ranked among Atlanta’s Top 25 Staffing Agencies by the Atlanta Business Chronicle for 14 consecutive years. DGS have over 170 locations in 49 states and we are the only staffing firm offering flight privileges to our employees, creating value for our clients and personnel. To be considered for the
Placard and Part Marking Technician in Atlanta apply now. DGS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job ID4365# of Openings1
Pavement Marking Technician (Lafayette)
RoadSafe Traffic SystemsRoadsafe is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Disabled/VeteranDepartment: Pavement MarkingLocation:
LaFayette, INRoadSafe is Hiring Pavement Marking Technicians in Lafayette, Indiana!RoadSafe Traffic Systems ("RoadSafe") is the largest provider of traffic control and pavement marking services in the United States. Our national network of 50 branches supports government, private, special event, utility and railroad projects in over 40 states. Expert knowledge of traffic control and roadway striping coupled with a unique ability to quickly mobilize our extensive fleet, state-of-the art equipment and trained technicians allows RoadSafe to safely provide quality, value, and peace of mind to our customers nationwide.
RoadSafe enjoys exclusive contract agreements with some of the United States' biggest industrial companies and contractors. Known for our sophistication and professionalism, RoadSafe is called upon to handle the biggest and best projects in our industry.At RoadSafe, we offer a competitive pay, growth potential and an excellent benefits package for those who qualify including medical, dental, vision, and 401(k) plans. RoadSafe recognizes and values diversity.POSITION SUMMARY:
Experienced individual to drive and/or operate pavement marking equipment.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:Lift, carry, load and unload construction items including pavement marking supplies, signs, etc.Prepare, clean and sweep work area.Operates and maintains thermoplastic striping equipment for the application of striping on roadways.Operates a Striper Truck at low speeds while roadways are receiving paint striping/thermoplastic striping applications.Lie out and install heat tape. Apply and remove temporary and permanent reflective tape.Set up and remove construction signs and traffic control items at job site.Operates and maintains equipment, both hand operated and motorized designed to remove pavement markings from roadway surfaces.OTHER RESPONSIBILITIES:Operate company trucks to transport materials and equipment to job site.Clean grinders and paint machines.Install, remove and reset delineators, signs, posts and supports.Shop work which may include general maintenance and repair of equipment.Perform other work related duties as assigned.Travel from work site to work site (involves considerable overnight travel).Will have to perform mechanical repairs on the equipment.Other duties as assigned.EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:A valid Class B Commercial Drivers License (CDL) and a good driving record are preferred.HAZMAT certification is preferred.Mechanical aptitude and experience to include equipment, vehicle, and diesel mechanics.Basic reading/writing ability to comply with road signs, complete paperwork and knowledge of federal motor carrier safety regulations is also required.Candidates must possess good knowledge of state and local roadways and have experience with operating delivery vehicles of varying sizes.Ability to lift and move up to 50 pounds and knowledge of safety procedures for securing and transporting cargo is essential.Ability to work overnight if the project calls for itWork is performed primarily in an outdoor environment.Must be able to pass background check and drug screening per DOT regulations.Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/zt6qtfry75k4ngcdPI100970191
Manufacturing - Machine Operator - Plastics Machine Operator - Molding
Job Title: Operator
Location: Delano, MN
Reports to: Shift Supervisor
Status: Non-Exempt, Hourly
The employees in this position are responsible for the overall operations of the machine and the manufacturing of good quality parts.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Sets up and operates molding machine in a safe and efficient manner.
- Able to meet scrap and production goals.
- Ensures quality of parts coming off machine.
- Reads and follows the molding process sheets, correcting any errors immediately, in writing, to their supervisor or lead person.
- Continually communicates with their lead person, maintenance, quality control and/or supervisor whenever they have questions or need assistance regarding any of the requirements of their job.
- Keeps their work area clean and organized. Places all parts to be trimmed in crates or on pallets.
- Fills out production reporting paperwork in an accurate and timely manner.
- Communicates effectively with others.
- Keeps productive materials appropriately stocked.
- Communicates effectively with prior and subsequent shifts.
- Performs all aspects of the job in accordance with the safety standards set forth by Solar Plastics.
- Other responsibilities as assigned by the Shift Supervisor and/or other members of management.
(The essential duties and responsibilities will have been satisfactorily completed when the following are demonstrated) Note: This only pertains to the essential duties and responsibilities of the position and is not all inclusive of the entire performance evaluation process. Acceptable performance is based on first time quality of molded parts, machine productivity and work area cleanliness and organization.
Copier/Scanner/Fax, Computer, Phone System, Welding Equipment, Lathe and Mill Operation, Hand and Power Tools, Forklift, Ladders
- understand, remember, and apply oral and/or written instructions or other information.
- understand problems, collaborate and explore alternative solutions.
- organize thoughts and ideas into understandable terminology.
- communicate with individuals face to face; requires ability to hear and speak effectively.
- express or exchange ideas by means of the spoken word, communicating orally with others accurately and quickly.
- orally and in writing, communicate technical information.
- add, subtract, multiply, divide and to record, balance, and check results for accuracy
- be able to see and hear 8+ hours per day.
- have visual acuity to perform activities such as running production machines, etc.
- possess good manual and finger dexterity (working with small bolts, nuts, screws, adding inserts, flushing out parts, flaming parts, etc.).
- sit, stand and walk up to 8+ hours per day.
- work at a rapid speed, twist, bend, push, pull, carry, stoop, reach and grasp 8+ hours per day for activities such as working on equipment, making repairs, etc.
- work in confined, tight spaces. Requires continuous finger movement and keyboard usage for carrying and using equipment, tools, etc. Extensive wrist movement is required.
- lift 50+ pounds, unaided on a regular basis. (hoists are available and should be used for parts and molds that exceed this weight level).
- use hand tools.(i.e, power drills, hammers, routers, etc).
- Exposed to heat, cold and potential internal temperature changes up to 8+ hours per day. Exposed to outside working environment when salvaging parts, roof and grounds work. Exposed to solvents when part cleaning, acids/corrosives when cleaning floor, dust, dirt, fumes/vapors/gases from plastics processes, ovens and propane tanks.
This position works independently 8+ hours per day and occasionally works directly with others. Must be able to work the hours/shift required. Ability to work additional hours, as needed to accommodate issues that may arise in the 24-hour operation.
This position exists in a production and shop environment, with occasional need to enter the office.
Personal Protection Equipment
- Eye safety glasses necessary to enter production area.Hearing protection must be worn when excessive noise is present on the production floor and in the shop.
Solar Plastics, LLC provides employees with a wide variety of benefits that include:
Life, AD&D & Dependent Life Insurance
Long-Term and Short-term Disability
Profit Sharing/401(k) Plan with Matching Contributions
Employee Assistance Plan
Automatic Payroll Deposit Availability
Teledyne DGOdesigns connection systems that transmit signals, data or power through challenging media, such as; and through, such as the hull of a submarine. Because the cost of failure is so high,Teledyne DGOdesigns and manufactures its products to deliver. We engineer and manufacture our products as if lives and fortunes depended on them.Because they do.
Teledyne DGO offers our employees an excellent benefit package including:
Medical & Dental Insurance
Voluntary Personal Accident Insurance
Business Travel Accident Insurance
Employee Stock Purchase Program
Voluntary Short & Long Term Disability + 401(K) Plan
Flexible Health & Dependent Spending Accounts
Employee Assistance Program
Paid Vacations & Sick Time
College Tuition Reimbursements Teledyne DGOis a fast growing division of Teledyne Technologies and is looking to add highly motivated and skilled individuals to our team.Teledyne DGOis dedicated to providing an environment that fosters excellence in teamwork, and includes every Employee, Supplier, Business Partner and Customer as a valued member of our team. Our employees are treated with respect, professionalism and the opportunity for career advancement in a safe work environment. Teledyne is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, transgender, pregnancy, marital status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability, protected Veteran Status, genetics or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. If you need assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please email or call (805)373-4545. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will receive a response.
Position Summary and Responsibilities
Essential Duties and
Mark parts per drawings and customer requirements.
Reviews work for appropriate quality and quantity.
Monitors observance of safety rules and precautions
May prepare and maintain necessary documentation, logs and records.
All other duties as assigned
Education and Experience: + 1-2 years manufacturing experience
Able to read and understand Blueprints
Computer Experience using ERP systems
Experience with Marking tools, inks, dyes, etchers etc
Able to lift 50lbs occasionally, 30-40lbs. consistently
Able to stand or sit for long periods
Good hand/eye coordination
- Factory environment
Personal Protective Equipment:
Use of safety glasses
Use of steel protective shoes or protective shoe covers
ERP and Time clock system Overview
Teledyne Ethics and Harassment training
Employee will be required to perform other duties as requested, directed or assigned
Requisition Post Information : Posted Date* 2/1/2018 Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Company NameTeledyne D.G. O'Brien
Shift1st Shift - DayCitizenship/Visa RequirementUS Citizen/Perm Resident/ Other US PersonInternal Code (for CareerBuilder)#CB#
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!