Marking Machine Tender Job Description Sample
Ensure machine is operating at required speed, producing quality product with minimal waste.
Will change paper, glues, inks, as well as unjam machines as necessary. Machine Tender Benefits: Weekly paycheck Advancement opportunities Competitive wage and benefits including medical, dental, & 401k 11 paid holidays and vacation pay based on years of service Essential Functions and
Continuously perform all required tasks in a safe manner, adhering to all established safety rules and procedures. Must take immediate action to correct and/or report any unsafe conditions and hazards. Utilize lockout/tagout as required, following established policy; ensure guarding is in place at all times.
Keep work area clean and organized, per standards. Ensure that work is being performed in a manner to produce quality products, according to our quality requirements and specifications. Follow all applicable food service policies and procedures.
Follow all PPE policies, wearing steel toed shoes, hearing protection, safety glasses, hair nets/beard nets, etc. as required. Meet or exceed production goals set by management. Safely strip rolls down, removing liner and/or bands and removing minimal layers of damaged paper only to avoid excessive waste.
Change roll, make splice by hand, maneuver roll into position and adhere roll to web on machine. Start machinery. Coordinate with Adjuster Supervisor and make minor repairs and adjustments to machines as necessary to ensure quality levels.
Set up one and two color prints and have approved by Adjuster Supervisor before starting production run. Watch progress of machinery for breakage; notify Adjuster as needed. Clean ink pans and wash rollers.
Learn to thread machinery, and perform properly. Make sure all waste is kept to a minimum and meets standards set forth by management. Other miscellaneous duties as assigned by management.
Candidate Requirements: High school diploma, GED, or equivalent work experience Three years of factory experience is preferred. Must be able to pass Bennett Mechanical Test administered at time of interview Must have basic reading, math and communication skills.
Must have ability to make adjustments and minor repairs to machinery. About the Company Novolex™ is North Americas leader in packaging choice and sustainability. The leadership of Novolexs packaging brands sprouts from innovation, a diversity of products and markets, and a dedication to sustainability and quality.
The family of historic Novolex™ brands includes Bagcraft® Packaging, Hilex Poly®, Fortune Plastics®, Duro Bag®, De Luxe® Packaging, Novolex Custom Film & Bag™, International Converter®, General Packaging® Products, and Heritage Bag®. Each of the Novolex™ brands brings a unique sustainability and product story in plastic, paper, foil, recycling, or composting applications. The Novolex™ brands are unified by four common values: Manufacturing Innovation and Quality; Service; Packaging Choice; and Sustainability.
Novolex™ is headquartered in Hartsville, SC and has 40 manufacturing facilities strategically located across North America, including the worlds largest closed loop plastic bag recycling plant located in Indiana. The company has over 6,000 employees in the US, Canada, and Mexico. Novolex™ focuses on customers within the retail, grocery, convenience store, deli, food service, hospitality, institutional, processor and industrial markets.
The Novolex™ product portfolio and our engineered solutions are designed to meet customer packaging application needs in the areas of food contact, customer experience, resale items, checkout systems, can liners and packaging operations. The company rebranded under the name Novolex™ in November 2014. The change signifies a number of great companies coming together under a new name focused on delivering value to our customers, suppliers and employees through broader product categories and markets.
Novolexs family of packaging brands creates value and synergies by covering the full spectrum of retailer and institutional companies packaging requirements. The Novolex™ name is based on the LatinNOVO for new andLEX a tip of the hat to Hilex Poly, the first brand to become part of the family. The blue and red of our logo represents the integration of both paper and plastic into our sustainability platform with red and blue being the legacy corporate colors of Hilex Poly® and Duro Bag® respectively.
Our Mission Novolexs™ mission is to continue a tradition of leadership established by our historic brands in the areas of packaging choice, customer service, manufacturing innovation, quality, and sustainability. Our Vision Statement To be a leading provider of packaging solutions that are environmentally friendly, create value for the customer and Novolex™, have excellent quality, and provide superior service. We want to accomplish this with an entrepreneurial culture which drives operational excellence and proactively creates ecological solutions.
Our Environmental Mission Novolex's sustainability goal is to establish a viable environmental program and product line that: Reduces the impact of plastic and paper on the environment through recycling and increased recycled content Sets a high standard of industry leadership and corporate citizenship Creates meaningful benefits for the environment and the community Facilitates environmental action by retailers and the community To apply for the position of Machinist: Click on the apply button to apply online, select Career Tab under Search for Openings, select Walton, KY (WAL), Click view jobs. Or apply in person Mon
3pm 1 Duro Way, Walton, KY 14094 (We are located right down the road from the Richwood Flea Market) If you have questions call us toll free 1-844-201-1833. Leave a message and we will return your call. EOE
Automated Machine Tender
Job Description This position is responsible for assisting in the manufacture and production of specified products and goods. This position requires a variety of work including, but not limited to packaging, inspection and rework of parts and finished goods.
1. Assists in manufacturing and producing products and goods using automated assembly equipment as directed or explained in related work instructions.
Performs gaging and documentation where applicable. 2. Operates assigned automated equipment including but not limited to supplying the machine with components, unjamming the machine, and packing completed parts 3. Places identification into each container of parts or finished goods unless alternate method has been established 4.
Stops process, isolates suspect material and alerts mechanic, quality assurance, or supervision if problem is found 5. Cleans assigned machine and work area 6. Moves any defective parts or assemblies to specified scrap containers
Additional Responsibilities: 1. Performs and records applicable in-process inspections 2. Performs other duties as assigned
Skills & Abilities: * Must have the ability to work well with one’s hands
Must have the ability to successfully complete on-the-job training program Education & Experience: * High school diploma or equivalent
Experience working in a manufacturing environment, preferred
Work Schedule: 12 hours shift Mon
Thurs 6:00 pm
6:00 amLeviton is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. Job category: Manufacturing / Production / Opera...
Machine Tender Inspector - Morristown Tennessee West End
Job Description JOB DESCRIPTION: Inspection, Quality Control, machine tending. regular housekeeping duties.
Ability to adhere to all safety standards and wear and utilize all personal protective equipment; Ability to perform regular housekeeping and maintain general cleanliness in work area; Ability to move bags of raw materials weighing up to 50 lbs. Must be able to bend, twist, stand, h ave use of both arms and hands, have uses of both feet and legs, and move for 8 hour shifts. Must be able to lift up to 30 pounds repeatedly.
Must have own Steel Toe or Composite Toe shoes. Must complete on-line application using a computer.
Requirements Long term temporary assignment of approximately 9 months.
Highlights Climate controlled, clean manufacturing facility . Located near West Industrial Park Morristown TN . 3 shifts 8 hours long.
? At Kelly Services ® , we work with the best. Our clients include 95 of the Fortune 100 ™ companies, and more than 70,000 hiring managers rely on Kelly annually to access the best talent to drive their business forward. If you only make one career connection today, connect with Kelly.
® As a workforce advocate for over 70 years, we are proud to directly employ nearly 500,000 people around the world and have a role in connecting thousands more with work through our global network of talent suppliers and partners. Revenue in 2016 was $5.3 billion.
Visit kellyservices.com and connect with us on Facebook , LinkedIn and Twitter . Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer including, but not limited to, Minorities, Females, Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law. at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm
Job Description MF3820: Machine Tender Who is Stanley Black & Decker? We are the leader in tools, security, and tool storage. We are Stanley Tools. we are DEWALT. We are Mac Tools. We are Vidmar. We are Waterloo Sedalia. And we are much more. We are the doors that protect you at the airports. We are the lock and deadbolt on your front door. We are the hydraulic breakers that rescue trapped earthquake survivors. We are the people on the phone in an emergency, we help you organize your life. No matter where you live., what car you drive, what stores you shop at , or what building you work in , you can guarantee we had a hand in making it work. This position is for the hours of 3:30 PM to 12:00 AM please apply on line.
Position Summary The Machine Tender positionoperates automatic production machines and equipment that machine, stamp, weld or form production parts, according to specifications and machine operating instructions.
Essential Functions * Continuously perform all required tasks in a safe manner, adhering to all established safety rules and procedures. Must take immediate action to correct and/or report any unsafe conditions and hazards.
Operators shall be completely capable of controlling the required dimensions by use of such jigs and fixtures as furnished.
Performs automated machine operations, material supply fulfillmentalong with satisfactory performance requirements.
Capable of performing said operations to close tolerances and shall inspect the parts for conformity to quality standards as established for the department as a whole. Inspection is to include component defects and operation of all working parts.
The Machine Tendershall be capable of working from drawings and/or blueprints and possess the necessary knowledge of measuring instruments needed.
Take an active role in caring for the equipment to prevent breakdowns and defects and help increase overall equipment efficiency through 6S, TPM (total productive maintenance), and other Lean Manufacturing initiatives directed by the Sedalia site.
Additional responsibilities include good housekeeping and other assignments as directed by the Supervisor.
The Machine Tender shall be able to work overtime as requested and posted by management.
EEO Statement All qualified applicants to Stanley Black
& Decker are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran’s status or any other protected characteristic.
Requisition Number: 52086BR
Business:* US - GTS - Hand Tools Accessories and Storage (HTAS)
Snider-Blake is looking for a Machine Tender for our client in the Solon area. This position is a 1st shift from 6A-2:30P, with a pay rate starting at $12/hr depending on experience
Responsibilities and Duties
- Sets up filling and packaging equipment based on production schedule and ensures rapid start-up and minimal product loss through proper pre-start adjustment
- Identifies, adjusts and corrects equipment malfunctions
- Performs routine preventative/predictive maintenance activities on equipment, machinery and building components
- Reports and documents abnormalities to the maintenance supervisor
- Interprets drawings and schematics as a troubleshooting aid for machines
- Mechanical aptitude--capable of rebuilding and or repairing machines or assemblies to original operating conditions
Qualifications and Skills
- Manual dexterity--able to use small hand tools, scales, hand trucks, utility knifes, and computer equipment
- Must be able to communicate, discuss and/or review repair problems with Engineering, Production Team Leads or vendors as needed
- Ability to fabricate, weld, or machine parts as required is a plus
- Ability to use various measuring devices (torque wrench, micrometers,Vernier calipers, dial indicators etc.) is a plus
- Three years’ related experience with filling/pressing machines
- Must have strong mathematical skill to add, subtract, multiply and divide. Also must have the ability to perform these operations using units of weight measurement, volume, temperature, rate and distance
If interested, submit your resume and apply:
Walk-ins welcome 9AM-2:30P Monday-Friday
Bring 2 forms of ID
Must be able to pass a drug screen and background check.
4200 Rockside Rd.
Independence, OH 44131
A big name, local manufacturer is hiring!
Are you looking for a new career in the production or manufacturing field? Are you looking for your next opportunity to shine? This company is well known in the community for their great working environment, room for advancement, benefit package and numerous contributions to our community!
If you are a hard worker looking for a machine operation position, this could be the opportunity you have been waiting for!Responsibilities
- Loading and unloading parts into/out of a machine.
- Tending machines that make parts for winches, or tending an automatic welding machine.
- Feeding parts into machines.
- Inspecting machines and performing quality control.
- Minimum 1 year experience in a machine shop, and a good deal of exposure to working with machines in a production/manufacturing environment.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- A criminal background check, and a pre-employment drug test.
Swing shift (3:30pm-12:00am). Overtime may be required before or after regular shift hours or on weekends.
While working for Express Employment Professionals you are eligible for medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short term disability, 401K, bonus opportunity and vacation/holiday pay.About Express Employment Professionals
Express Employment Professionals is a leading staffing provider in the U.S., Canada and South Africa. Every day, we help job seekers find work and help businesses find qualified employees.Reference:(GWJ263010Z)
Marketing Personnel Need energetic individual to aid flow of marking material. Must be good with numbers and have eye for detail.
Familiar with pipe fittings a plus. Call Ray for appointment 973-256-1616 Knickerbocker Machine Shop 611 Union Blvd. Totowa, NJ Source: NorthJersey.com
Laser Marking Programmer (2Nd Shift)
Program and perform daily laser marking on product.
- Responsible for programming, layout, development of process parameters, and organization of information in controlled customer files under revision control.
- Working with engineering in the design of fixturing for components/assemblies for the laser marking equipment
- Perform daily Laser Marking on standard product and customer orders.
- Assist in areas of assembly and cleaning as required.
- Maintain workload based on production deadlines.
- Maintain work flow, job packets, routers and quality in the product for Laser Marking.
- Analyze and resolve work and Laser Marking issues on product as they arise with Engineering.
- Maintains all documents required for orders processing through such as job packets, routers and data entry in VISTA.
- Implement continuous improvement on all products to reduce cost and waste.
- Preventive Maintenance on Laser Marking Equipment
- All other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- Ability to read & understand blue prints while holding tight tolerances using calipers, micrometers, and comparator
- Ability to read and comprehend work instructions & customer specifications
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide whole numbers, fractions and decimals
Our orthopedic and spinal surgical instruments are designed, machined, molded, and assembled in our 30,000 square foot facility, giving us total control over the production process. The process begins with a call to our courteous customer service representatives. From there, our engineering and R&D team will develop an instrument based on your custom requirements. Silicone rubber handles and inserts are molded in a wide variety of shapes, colors and durometers.
Placard / Part Marking Technician
Kforce has a client in search of a Placard/Part Marking Technician in Atlanta, Georgia (GA). Under the direction of the Production management, the Placard/Part Marking Technician will produce Aircraft placards and part mark Aircraft parts and assemblies. Essential Job Functions:
Required to read and interpret engineering drawings to determine the proper color, font, dimension and design required to create aircraft placards
Use Adobe Illustrator and Gerber Omega software to accurately draw, and layout aircraft placards for production
Will produce name plates, signs, banners, etc. for in-house use
Produce placards that require foreign languages, barcodes or QR codes
Manufacture placards utilizing a Gerber Edge FX printer and Gerber Envision Plotter
Maintain traceability of all materials used during manufacturing and properly complete documentation to ensure compliance with all inspection and FAA requirements
Use precision measuring tools to verify fabricated placards meet design engineering or to meticulously cut placards to size
Install Placards on mounting plates, brackets, or interior monuments flawlessly using precision measuring tools
Operation of a Videojet marking machine in the part marking area to permanently mark production parts with part numbers, serial numbers, revision levels, and etc.
Identify if parts are prototype or FAA-PMA approved
Work closely with engineering at times to determine proper color, font and design
Work with planning and procurement to help estimate labor hours and materials required
Observe good housekeeping habits and maintain safe operations by adhering to the client's safety procedures and regulations
Participate in continuous improvement activities to improve the workplace and increase productivity
Participate in cross training to other skill groups or areas as needed
High School diploma or equivalent required
Preferred two-year degree in Graphics Design or equivalent job experience
Experience with Adobe illustrator, Gerber Omega, or other graphics design software preferred
Prefer experience with Gerber FX printers and Gerber envision Plotters
Training with engravers preferably Laser engravers is an asset
Must be able to read, write, and speak English fluently with a good understanding of proper grammar and spelling
Must have excellent computer skills with a working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, Publisher) * Possess the ability to visually recognize and identify different colors
Must be willing to work extended hours, weekends, and Holidays when needed to support the delivery schedule
Understanding of the Pantone color match system is a plus Kforce is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
R-47115 Laser Marking Equipment Technologist - Cleveland, OH
R-47115 Laser Marking Equipment Technologist (Open) - USA OH - Cleveland
Laser Marking Equipment Technologist obtains in depth knowledge of machine and its software to develop marking programs and run applications for product specific laser marking content required on reusable surgical instruments. This role will work closely with engineering for the validation of new equipment related to FDA UDI marking requirements and will develop programming and fixture recommendations to improve process flow.Duties and
· Program laser marking equipment used to etch surgical instruments with product specific content.
· Set-up and operate laser marking equipment to apply programmed content onto surgical instruments made from a variety of materials.
· Troubleshoot issues concerning mark quality related to laser marking process.
· Become proficient in use of laser marking software and train others in its use, as required.
· Provide feedback to Operations and Engineering regarding potential process improvements.
· Perform operations to meet specification based on manufacturing documents including part prints, process routers, and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
· Will operate within the plant/shop safety rules and maintain good housekeeping practices.
· Maintains quality and productivity levels during the manufacturing process.
· Operates and adheres to general plant rules and policies governing workplace conduct, performance, EH&S policies, and good documentation practices.
· Maintains good housekeeping practices in work area and the plant in general.
· Works cohesively with others in a team environment.
· The primary working position is sitting with limited standing, bending, or twisting required for the operator.
· Occasional movement of product weighing up to 50 pounds from one work station to another.
· Visual acuity adequate to detect subtle visual product non-conformities.
· High School diploma or equivalent
· Technical school or training preferred
· Basic math
· Ability to read and interpret part prints, process control sheets/project routers, and can follow procedures necessary for proper production of V. Mueller and Snowden-Pencer surgical instruments.
· CAD/Drafting/Graphic Design experience is a plus
· Minimum 2 years’ experience in similar role preferred
In March 2015, CareFusion, a leading provider of healthcare technology and services for medication management, infection prevention, respiratory care and surgical procedures, joined BD as part of our worldwide Medical segment. Together, our companies will form one of the largest global leaders in medication management and patient safety solutions.
To learn more and apply for opportunities with BD or one of our CareFusion businesses, visit https://jobs.bd.com/
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!