Cafe Concierge - Mercantile & Mash
In every Indigo Road restaurant, we are committed to providing superior quality food and beverages with legendary service. Our team strives to be collaborative, compassionate, and demonstrate a strong work ethic with all of our co-workers. Internal hospitality is our priority; making sure the environment is one that is safe, fun and creative! We enjoy providing a daily pre-shift family meal in each restaurant where everyone can enjoy each other's company before the service begins. Our culinary teams use the freshest ingredients, work closely with local farmers and fisherman, and create recipes that are approachable, yet inventive! We deliver products that are made fresh daily and use whole animal butchery in order to ensure top quality meats. Our restaurants make fresh pastas and breads in-house daily and utilize wood fire cooking to create memorable meals. Indigo Road believes that our employees are key to our success and we love to promote from within!
The Indigo Road Restaurant Group offers benefits to all full-time employees that include Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Accident and Short-Term Disability Insurance. We also offer Paid Time Off, a Home Loan Assistance Program, a Hospitality School Assistant Program, and meal discounts at our sister restaurants!
A friendly, hospitable Café Concierge is a necessity for our bustling restaurant and café, Mercantile and Mash. You'll be the only thing left standing between our customers and their first coffee of the day, so your superior customer service skills are critical!
Summary of Key Responsibilities
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
* Provide friendly, prompt and hospitable service to all customers.
* Serve quality food, beverage and retail products while providing a clean and comfortable environment to all customers.
* Communicate effectively with shift leaders and General Manager by anticipating needs and supplies for daily operations.
* Maintain a calm and upbeat demeanor during periods of high volume or unusual events.
* Anticipate customer and store needs by constantly evaluating environment and customer cues.
* Communicate information to shift leaders and General Manager so that the team can respond as necessary to create and maintain a positive environment during each shift.
* Willing and able to assist in other areas as needed after receiving Food Runner, Barista, Hostess and Retail training.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
* Ability to learn quickly, understand and carry out oral and written instructions, requesting clarification when needed.
* Strong interpersonal skills
* Ability to collaborate and work as part of a team.
* 1 year of barista knowledge preferred.
* Must be at least 21 years of age.
* Able to speak, read and understand basic directions.
* Must be available to work nights, weekends and holidays.
* Constant standing/walking
* Occasional stooping, kneeling or crawling
* Occasional pushing, pulling, lifting or carrying up to 50 lbs.
* Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs, ramps
* Constant computer/POS Register usage
* Frequent, continual, intermittent flexing or rotation of the wrist(s) and spine
* Constant reaching, turning, and performing precision work around the bar area
* Constant receiving detailed information through oral communication
* Constant talking, expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word
Disclaimer: The above job description is not an exhaustive list of all of the duties and responsibilities of the position, nor should it be construed as a contract. As with all positions at Indigo Road, employment is "at will" or voluntary on both the part of the employee or employer. That's means employment can be terminated by either party with or without notice and/or with or without cause.
Indigo Road is an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local laws, including but not limited to race, color, sex, ancestry, age, national origin, religion, mental or physical disability, marital status, family responsibility, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, personal appearances, tobacco use, matriculation or political affiliation, genetic information or any protected veteran status. This policy governs all aspects of employment, including selection, job assignment, compensation, promotion, discipline, termination, and access to benefits and training.
POST JOBS FOR FREE