Mat Machine Operator Job Description Sample
Mat Cleaning Machine Operator - 2Nd Shift
Requisition Number: 5697 Job Description Cintas is seeking a Mat Cleaning Machine Operator to meet daily production needs while increasing the quality of mats being delivered to our customers. Position encompasses a variety of tasks including: inspecting mats for quality and rejecting or feeding into the mat cleaning system, sorting rolled mats, putting mats away on carts for specific routes, pre-treating rejected mats, bringing soiled mat carts from the trucks to the in feed area, taking full carts from the off load area to the trucks, and performing machine checks and filter cleanings. Skills/Qualifications Preferred
Some mechanical abilities/aptitude
Ability to perform manual material handling - which includes moving loaded mat carts
Availability to start within two weeks after offer made/accepted Education High School Diploma/GED (+11 years) Our employee-partners enjoy:
Competitive Pay * 401(k)/Profit Sharing/ESOP * Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance Package
Disability and Life Insurance Package
Paid Time Off and Holidays
Career Advancement Opportunities Headquartered in Cincinnati, Cintas is a publicly held company traded over the Nasdaq Global Select Market under the symbol CTAS and is a component of both the Standard & Poor’s 500 Index and Nasdaq-100 Index. Cintas Corporation helps more than 900,000 businesses of all types and sizes get READY™ to open their doors with confidence every day by providing a wide range of products and services that enhance our customers’ image and help keep their facilities and employees clean, safe and looking their best. With products and services including uniforms, mats, mops, restroom supplies, first aid and safety products, fire extinguishers and testing, and safety and compliance training, Cintas helps customers get Ready for the Workday®. To support our growth across North America, we’re seeking driven professionals with ambition to move up within our company. Our professional culture, our dedication to our employee-partners and limitless career opportunities—these are just a few benefits we’re proud to offer. Our employee-partners know every job is critical, and that teamwork drives innovation. Let’s talk about how you’ll fit into our team and how your hard work will be recognized through competitive pay, world-class benefits and ongoing career development. Are you Ready™ for limitless opportunities at Cintas? Cintas Corporation is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. Job Category: Production Hourly Organization: Rental Employee Status: Regular Schedule: Full Time Shift: 2nd Shift
Manufacturing - Machine Operator - Plastics Machine Operator - Molding
Job Title: Operator
Location: Delano, MN
Reports to: Shift Supervisor
Status: Non-Exempt, Hourly
The employees in this position are responsible for the overall operations of the machine and the manufacturing of good quality parts.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Sets up and operates molding machine in a safe and efficient manner.
- Able to meet scrap and production goals.
- Ensures quality of parts coming off machine.
- Reads and follows the molding process sheets, correcting any errors immediately, in writing, to their supervisor or lead person.
- Continually communicates with their lead person, maintenance, quality control and/or supervisor whenever they have questions or need assistance regarding any of the requirements of their job.
- Keeps their work area clean and organized. Places all parts to be trimmed in crates or on pallets.
- Fills out production reporting paperwork in an accurate and timely manner.
- Communicates effectively with others.
- Keeps productive materials appropriately stocked.
- Communicates effectively with prior and subsequent shifts.
- Performs all aspects of the job in accordance with the safety standards set forth by Solar Plastics.
- Other responsibilities as assigned by the Shift Supervisor and/or other members of management.
(The essential duties and responsibilities will have been satisfactorily completed when the following are demonstrated) Note: This only pertains to the essential duties and responsibilities of the position and is not all inclusive of the entire performance evaluation process. Acceptable performance is based on first time quality of molded parts, machine productivity and work area cleanliness and organization.
Copier/Scanner/Fax, Computer, Phone System, Welding Equipment, Lathe and Mill Operation, Hand and Power Tools, Forklift, Ladders
- understand, remember, and apply oral and/or written instructions or other information.
- understand problems, collaborate and explore alternative solutions.
- organize thoughts and ideas into understandable terminology.
- communicate with individuals face to face; requires ability to hear and speak effectively.
- express or exchange ideas by means of the spoken word, communicating orally with others accurately and quickly.
- orally and in writing, communicate technical information.
- add, subtract, multiply, divide and to record, balance, and check results for accuracy
- be able to see and hear 8+ hours per day.
- have visual acuity to perform activities such as running production machines, etc.
- possess good manual and finger dexterity (working with small bolts, nuts, screws, adding inserts, flushing out parts, flaming parts, etc.).
- sit, stand and walk up to 8+ hours per day.
- work at a rapid speed, twist, bend, push, pull, carry, stoop, reach and grasp 8+ hours per day for activities such as working on equipment, making repairs, etc.
- work in confined, tight spaces. Requires continuous finger movement and keyboard usage for carrying and using equipment, tools, etc. Extensive wrist movement is required.
- lift 50+ pounds, unaided on a regular basis. (hoists are available and should be used for parts and molds that exceed this weight level).
- use hand tools.(i.e, power drills, hammers, routers, etc).
- Exposed to heat, cold and potential internal temperature changes up to 8+ hours per day. Exposed to outside working environment when salvaging parts, roof and grounds work. Exposed to solvents when part cleaning, acids/corrosives when cleaning floor, dust, dirt, fumes/vapors/gases from plastics processes, ovens and propane tanks.
This position works independently 8+ hours per day and occasionally works directly with others. Must be able to work the hours/shift required. Ability to work additional hours, as needed to accommodate issues that may arise in the 24-hour operation.
This position exists in a production and shop environment, with occasional need to enter the office.
Personal Protection Equipment
- Eye safety glasses necessary to enter production area.Hearing protection must be worn when excessive noise is present on the production floor and in the shop.
Solar Plastics, LLC provides employees with a wide variety of benefits that include:
Life, AD&D & Dependent Life Insurance
Long-Term and Short-term Disability
Profit Sharing/401(k) Plan with Matching Contributions
Employee Assistance Plan
Automatic Payroll Deposit Availability
Senior Machine Operator
Basic Qualifications High School Diploma or equivalent is required plus a minimum of 2 years of related CNC Machining experience This is a 3RD Shift position. 4-10 Hour days. Monday-Thursday. Responsibilities for this Position General Dynamics Mission Systems has an immediate opening for a Senior Machine Operator. The position provides an opportunity to enhance the performance and profitability of an organization that supports some of our nation’s fundamental defense services. General Dynamics Mission Systems employees work closely with esteemed customers to develop solutions that allow them to carry out high-stakes national security missions. This is a 3RD Shift position. 4-10 Hour days. Monday-Thursday. REPRESENTATIVE DUTIES AND TASKS:
Sets up and operates compression molding machines to mold fiberglass, carbon fiber, and Glass mat thermoplastics to specifications: Installs dies on press, using clamps, bolts, and handtools, and coats dies with parting agents, according to work order
Sets thermostat to regulate temperature of dies
Weighs premixed compounds and dumps compound into die well, spreads fabric on die and dumps compound over fabric
Presses button or pulls lever to activate machines to compress compounds between dies to form and cure specified products
Observes meters and gauges to verify specified temperatures, pressures, and press-cycle times
Removes cured products from mold, using handtools and airhose
Observes machine operation and examines products ejected by machines to determine whether products meet specifications. Examines molded product for surface defects, such as dents, bubbles, thin areas, and cracks
Reports defect in molds to supervisor
Plans CNC machining by studying work orders, blueprints, CAD files, engineering plans, materials, specifications, orthographic drawings, reference planes, locations of surfaces, and machining parameters; interpreting geometric dimensions and tolerances
Sets-up CNC machines by installing and adjusting chucks, tools, attachments, collets, bushings, cams, gears, stops, and stock pushers
Loads materials into CNC machines to be formed and shaped
Verifies settings by measuring positions, first-run part, and sample work pieces
Adjusts machine speeds and feeds and change cutters to machine parts according to specifications
Inspects products upon completion to ensure it matches specifications. Checks work using prescribed gauges, jigs and fixtures to measure close tolerances
Maintains equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs Monitors and verifies quality in accordance with statistical process or other control procedures
Utilizes lean manufacturing principles including: 5-S, Kanban, and one-piece flow.
Interfaces with employees and managers within the department and Manufacturing Engineering
General supervision and instructions given for routine work, and detailed instructions given for new activities or special assignments KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Ability to read and follow instructions including blueprints
General math and computer skills to include MS applications and email
General attention to detail
General interpersonal skills to cooperate and work effectively with others
General organizational skills
Ability to multitask
Able to use mechanical hand and simple power tools
Requires general knowledge of CNC equipment
General knowledge of general safety procedures CLEARANCE REQUIREMENTS: Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required. This is a 3RD Shift position. 4-10 Hour days. Monday-Thursday. Company Overview General Dynamics Mission Systems (GDMS) engineers a diverse portfolio of high technology solutions, products and services that enable customers to successfully execute missions across all domains of operation. With a global team of 13,000+ top professionals, we partner with the best in industry to expand the bounds of innovation in the defense and scientific arenas. Given the nature of our work and who we are, we value trust, honesty, alignment and transparency. We offer highly competitive benefits and pride ourselves in being a great place to work with a shared sense of purpose. You will also enjoy a flexible work environment where contributions are recognized and rewarded. If who we are and what we do resonates with you, we invite you to join our high performance team! General Dynamics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/Disability/Veteran Refer this job to a friend Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later. Connect With Us! Interested in this opportunity? Socialize this job opportunity to a friend, colleague, or family member: General Dynamics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/Disability/Veteran. ID2017-29274 Job LocationUSA-NC-Catawba CategoryManufacturing Employment TypeFull Time Hiring CompanyGeneral Dynamics SATCOM
Machine Operator (Washroom) 8:00Pm-3:30Am M-F
With five universal brands, including The Laughing Cow®, Mini Babybel®, Kiri®, Leerdammer®, and Boursin®, and over 25 local brands, Bel brings smiles to nearly 400 million consumers in over 130 countries. By building on the strength of its brands, the most international names in the cheese sector, Bel aims to lead in all its various markets. The commitment, enthusiasm and entrepreneurial spirit of Bel’s 12,000 employees is the growth driver of the world’s third-largest branded cheese company. To experience Bel is to be daring, pragmatic and determined to meet the growth challenges of an international food group. Come join us and measure the impact of your talent and energy in realizing an ambitious company project. Be you
Be Bel ! Machine Operator (Washroom) Location: Leitchfield, KY Pay Grade: 4 Division: Bel USA – KY Department: Mini Reports to: Production Supervisor or Assistant Production Supervisor Job Description Summary The Machine Operator (Washroom) ensures that the washing machine runs efficiently so that the product does not become contaminated. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Make sure washer is running correctly.
Test concentration levels with selected concentration test kits to make sure the levels are within target.
Record all readings and concentration levels on form provided.
Help move plates and bowls from Volma room into the bowl storage room.
Help move empty baskets and plate racks from bowl storage room to Volma room to be filled.
Every two hours spray the machine with chemical solution to eliminate bacteria.
Spray out and sanitize all empty lid totes from the Volma.
Provide break relief to the Line Worker (Plate Stacker) and Line Worker (Bowl Stacker) as needed.
Wash mats as needed.
Ensure concentration levels are correct in mat washer.
If the washer or any belts jam up, fix the problem and restart the machine.
Conduct washer sanitation as needed.
Follows all Good Manufacturing Practices as stated within the policy.
Follows all Safety Rules and procedures by working safely and ensuring safety of others.
Follows all food safety procedures.
Follows all environmental protocols as applicable to job to prevent pollution to air, land, or water.
Follows all sanitation procedures and work instructions.
Follows all continuous improvement actions and rules and best practices.
Perform other miscellaneous duties as assigned by management. Qualifications and Competencies Minimum education and experience required:
Requires a High School Diploma or equivalent.
Ability to understand oral and written instructions relating to Fondu operations.
Ability to function as a team member and contribute to group goals. Performance Expectations Quality, accuracy, timeliness, reliability, and thoroughness of work performed; ability to gain the trust and respect of management, coworkers and brokers; maintain the integrity of confidential business and product information; ability to communicate effectively and develop good working relationships with other employees is essential to accomplish goals and objectives of the department. Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, sit, and use hands to touch objects or controls. The employee is occasionally required to reach above shoulders, climb or balance, and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds while performing production duties. Specific vision requirements of this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Work Environment The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The employee frequently works near moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet, humid conditions and toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud. Working Conditions Work is performed largely in a manufacturing environment. Hours of work will generally be at least 40 hours a week. At times there will be some variation in work hours due to special projects, deadlines and other concerns. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Protective Equipment Employees must wear safety glasses, slip resistant steel toe safety footwear, protective gloves, a hair net, Tyvex apron, and ear protection, as required. Bel Brands is an equal employment opportunity employer. The Company’s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age (40 and over), disability, military status, genetic information or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Bel Brands also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. It is also Bel Brand’s policy to comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions. If you think that this job is for you, please click now on the button "Apply". The recruitment team of your site will contact you very soon.
CNC Lathe Operator - Machine Operator
Established Troy, Michigan Tool Manufacturer needs CNC lathe operator-experienced only-
- Must be able to program, edit, and set up cnc lathe to make parts from prints
- Must have own tools, and transportation
- Manual lathe and mill experience a plus
Good wages, health care, paid vacation.
Concrete Pump Operator / Machine Operator
• Recommend measures to improve productivity/quality
• Requisition materials and supplies
• Resolve work problems
• Set up, loads and unloads machines and equipment
• Train staff in safety consciousness, and policies
• Maintains tools and equipment associated with concrete pumps mounted on trucks, platforms, or separate placing booms
• Experience as a construction worker an asset
• Good communication skills
• Great leadership ability
• Solves problems effectively
• Well organized
$16 - $20 /HR
Since 1975, Central Broward Construction is a full service commercial masonry contractor. CBC works in Dade, Broward, and West Palm Beach counties. CBC owns and operates all of our equipment.
Since its inception in 1990, Coast to Coast Forms has consistently outperformed as a provider of concrete shell building systems, delivering high quality and cost-effective workmanship. Our success comes from a steadfast commitment to the client’s vision, a culture of balance, integrity, leadership, and loyalty. Our passion for collaborative building practices can be seen in our projects that range from Dade, Broward, Palm Beach and Okeechobee Counties.
Machine - Machine Operator
Title: Machine Operator
Primary Objectives of Position
Manufacture high quality tablets and/or capsules in an efficient and safe manner that complies with cGMPs and meets product specifications.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
1. High School education (HS Diploma or GED preferred)
2. Experience in food/pharmaceutical/nutraceutical processing operations, FDA regulated industry, or combination of experience, education, and training that provides the level of knowledge, skills, and experience needed to successful perform the job
3. Able to read, write, and speak in English
4. Basic math skills (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, percentages, rounding)
5. Detail oriented
6. Effective problem-solving skills
7. Ability to work independently and in a team environment
8. Ability to maintain a positive, professional, cooperative demeanor
9. Ability to foster productive working relationship with management, coworkers, vendors and customers
10. Ability to interpret, comply with, and support Company policies, procedures, work rules, and protocols
11. Ability to adapt effectively to workplace changes and new job duties/responsibilities
12. Ability to represent the Company in a positive and professional manner at all times
Physical Demands With or Without Accommodation
1. Ability to stand for extended periods of time (approximately 6-8 hours)
2. Ability to repeatedly bend, twist, and stoop throughout an 8-10 hour shift
3. Ability to frequently lift up to 25 kg (55 lbs.)
4. Ability to be exposed to considerable noise from machinery
5. Ability to be exposed to nutraceutical raw materials and powders
6. Ability to wear PPE as required
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Sets-up equipment for processing operations.
2. Operates two or more of the following machines and processes as trained, instructed by supervisor, and in compliance with all safety and cGMP regulations:
§ Weigh up materials
§ 10ct V blender
§ 30cf V blender
§ Bosch GKF2000
§ IMA Zanasi
§ Ultra 8
o Tablet Compression
§ XL100 Korsch
§ XL400 Korsch
§ XPRESS700 Manesty
§ Fitz Mill
§ Fitz Mill
3. Promptly reports material, process, and equipment concerns, questions, and/or problems to supervisor for proper handling
4. Completes and verifies batch record entries, equipment log books, and other relevant documentation and records
5. Monitors process and equipment, making necessary adjustments as needed or required, to maintain batch record specifications
6. Tears down machine and equipment in accordance with training, instructions by supervisor, and in compliance with all safety and cGMP regulations
7. Cleans and maintains processing rooms and equipment
8. Assists Junior Operators with paperwork and machine processes as necessary
9. Works with personnel from other departments as necessary to ensure safety and quality in production
10. Follows established department SOP's, Company cGMPs, and all instructions, whether verbal or written
11. Complies with all Company policies and procedures, including safety rules and regulations
12. Maintains a safe work environment and functions in a safe manner
13. Performs other duties, job related or otherwise, as assigned
14. Takes a 35 minute lunch within first five hours of punching in
15. Takes two 15 minute breaks – first break before lunch, second break after lunch
Machine Operator | Plating Machine
- Follow procedures for polishing dies, polish dies for set amount of time
- Follow procedures for nickel plaiting dies, nickel plate dies for set amount of time
- Check titration levels and perform other tests as needed
- Adjust chemical mixtures daily to yield perfect results
- Improve processes and procedures to achieve overall efficiency standards
- Clean polish and nickel tanks on a weekly basis
- Quality check of all dies to determine if they can be moved to the next step in the production process
- Keep work area clean and free of safety hazards at all time
- Communicate with all other departments to ensure customer requirements are fully met
- Any other tasks as instructed by leads, supervisors or managers
- Assist other Finishing areas when needed
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to chemical fumes or airborne particles as well as moving mechanical parts.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Mostly standing and walking work. The employee is occasionally required to sit; stoop, kneel or crouch. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position. Hours of work are Monday through Friday, 6:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m., 40 hours per week with occasional overtime on Saturdays.
Preferred Education & Special License(s)/Certifications:
- High School Diploma or GED.
- OSHA Hazwoper 40 hour, preferred but not required.
- Prior plating experience.
Kocher+Beck USA L.P. is an equal opportunity employer.
CNC Machine Operator / Set Up Operator
We are opening a second location and we are seeking CNC Machine Operators to join our team! You will help oversee operational activities and ensure excellent quality control.
- Set Up or Operate CNC 3, 4, 5-axis Mills, CNC Lathes, Citizen Swiss Style Screw machines, 9-axis multitasking machines
- Signing off on full measurements of first part and showing operator how to run the machine or part
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues in a timely fashion
- Provide innovative solutions to improve plant efficiency
- Previous experience in plant operations or other related fields
- Familiarity with machine tools and equipment
- Strong troubleshooting and critical thinking skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Able to read print measurements
We offer full benefits with 60% of employee's premium paid by employer. We are running two facilities and at both locations we have 3 shifts available. Day shift runs from 8am-5pm, Mid shift runs from 4pm-1am, and Third Shift runs from 12am-9am. Shift differential is offered for Mid Shift and Third. We also offer a 401K program.
Machine Operator / Production Operator
Now hiring 1st and 2nd shift at $11 hr to start
The Company offers a competitive hourly wage and comprehensive benefits package (medical, dental, vision, 401k), 10 paid holidays, paid vacation and personal days. Manufacture of silicone-based sealants, adhesives and lubrication products, plus PVC foam materials, for a wide range of applications.. Currently, we are experiencing growth in our PVC Foam and Silicone Sealants and Adhesives divisions. Openings exist for experienced talent for 1st and 2nd shift production opportunities.
- Experienced Mixers (5+ years’ experience)
- Machine Operators
- Packaging Operators
- Quality Control Technician (5+ years ‘experience)
- Set up machines (calibration, cleaning etc.) to start a production cycle
- Control and adjust machine settings (e.g. speed)
- Feed raw material or parts to semi-automated machines
- Inspect parts with precision and measuring tools
- Test operation of machines periodically
- Fix issues that might occur during the shift
- Check output to spot any machine-related mistakes or flaws
- Keep records of approved and defective units or final products
- Maintain activity logs
- Proven experience as a machine operator
- Working knowledge of diverse high-speed machinery and measurement tools (caliper, micrometer etc.)
- Understanding of production procedures
- Adherence to health and safety regulations (e.g. constant use of protective gear)
- Ability to read blueprints, schematics and manuals
- Analytical skills
- Attention to detail
- Teamwork and communication skills
- Physical stamina and strength 15 lbs to 40 lbs lifting
- High school diploma or equivalent; technical degree is a plus
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!