Matchbook Assembler Job Description Sample
|I. Primary Function|
To setup and assemble FT switches. This involves assembly of sub-assemblies and finished parts with small components consisting of such items as handles, springs, screws, nuts, covers, housings and switches in accordance with product specification sheets, drawings and methods, schedules, and customer needs.
II. Tools and Equipment
IV. Working Procedures and/or Responsibility Assigned
V. Scope, Purpose, and Frequency of Contacts
VI. Direction of Others
VII. Direction Received
Receive work assignments from Supervisor and/or from Operations Specialist
VIII. Education Requirements
High School or GED or equivalent experience and/or demonstrated accomplishments
IX. Experience and Skill Requirements
Must be able to read, speak, understand and write English.
X. Physical Requirements
Assembler - 3Rd Shift
3rd shift position working Sunday-Thursday, 11:00 pm - 7:00 am
- Reviews and interpret assembly instructions
- Determines if all parts are present and review materials for expiration
- Assembles the product following proper PPE and instructions
- Verifies throughout the process product is being assembled per the specifications by the use of measuring tools, calipers, or other methods to verify thickness, weight, etc.
- Completes material transaction or other documentation necessary
- Resolves assembly and production issues
- Reports errors in production line
- Maintains shop floor area clean and safe
- High School Diploma or GED
- 1+ year of assembly/manufacturing experience
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate both verbally & written
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals
- Ability to understand and carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form
- Ability to lift and/or carry up to 80-100 lbs
General Filters is looking for a motivated self-starter to learn in a dynamic and friendly environment. The production of General Filters’ products is industry specific, however, the Company is willing to train new hires on the processes and procedures.
Duties for the Production Assembler position include but are not limited to:
- Assemble, test, pack and load
humidifiers and air cleanerslight weight products in a very clean workplace.
- Inspect quality and notify team leader if discrepancies occur.
media pleatingproduction equipment and machines and String machine
- Complete daily production reports
slips and,including all required production information.
- Maintain inter-departmental inventory control.
- Keep work area clean and organized.
- Requires knowledge of assembly procedures.
- Must be able to work effectively in a team environment
- Standing for extended periods of time and involves moderate repetitive lifting and bending.
- Ability to work in an environment with high volumes of noise
The position is full-time and permanent. The working schedule is first shift, Monday to Thursday from 6:00 am – 4:30 pm. The position offers a competitive hourly wage based on skills and experience.
The Recruitment Process
The recruitment process will include two phone screens, at least two in-person interviews, candidate assessments, and a pre-employment background check and drug test. The process is designed to make sure that General Filters and the candidates are aligned in their long-term goals and have shared core values.
General Filters is an equal opportunity employer (EOE).
Electronics Assembler I
- Solder electronic components
- Perform prototype assembly per drawings and specifications.
- Perform production assembly, testing, and inspection.
- Perform board level programming and testing using automated test fixtures.
- Maintain material inventory with proper paperwork and electronic records per established AS9100 procedures.
- Perform kitting of production projects.
- Work with Purchasing and Quality Assurance groups in ensuring timely and quality work product.
- Work with local suppliers and vendors both remotely and on-site to coordinate orders and validate workmanship and part conformance.
- Provide training in soldering best practices for other employees as required.
- Also open to Electronics Assembler II level candidates.
- 1-3 years in high-tech manufacturing/production environment (5-7 years of experience for Electronics Assembler II)
- Experience with printed circuit board assembly and testing, electrical harness production, ESD control, and handling optical components are a plus.
- Good soldering skills (SMT, through-hole, and harnessing).
- Good understanding of soldering work standards (IPC-A-610/J-STD-001).
- Understanding of inventory control in an electronics production environment.
- Must be capable of following assembly procedures and drawings to perform electro-mechanical system integration, as well as follow test procedures to perform functional testing.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent technical report writing skills
- Ability to commit and work under deadlines.
- Must be able to work in a challenging and engaging work environment that promotes teamwork, creativity, accountability, and professional development.
- Current IPC-A-610 or J-STD-001 certification is a plus
- High School Diploma with 1-3 years of experience in a high-tech manufacturing/production environment (Associate's Degree in Electronics required for Electronics Assembler I)
Location: Richmond, CA
Pay Rate : $17/hr
Our client has contributed to provide the healthcare industry with innovative and useful products that help life science researchers accelerate the discovery process and medical diagnostic labs obtain faster, better results.
- Performs routine, non-complex assembly tasks.
- Assembles, setup and operates equipment.
- Completes simple special requests as assigned.
- Code and apply labels.
- Seal bags and pouches.
- Reconcile and maintain accurate inventory.
- Complete accurate paperwork with good documentation practices.
- High School Diploma or equivalent; 1 to 3 months related experience and/or training.
- 2 + years assembly/production experience, specifically of medical devices
- Comfortable working in clean-room environments.
- Knowledge of GMP, ISO, FDA, DOT, and IATA requirements.
- May work near moving mechanical parts and may be exposed to chemicals and risk of electric shock.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
Operations Technician-Machine Assembler – Electro-Mechanical
Operations Technician-Machine Assembler – Electro-Mechanical ($18-20/hr target, D.O.E.)
Responsible for the assembly, start-up and test of complex machinery as well as other assignments in the factory as
needed to support the achievement of the business goals and objectives.
In this role you will perform:
Electro-Mechanical assembly of components and machine sub-systems into final press configuration
utilizing standard work documentation and processes.
Building/plumbing hydraulic circuits including hydraulic tube and hose assemblies.
Connection of automated peripheral equipment.
Startup and diagnostics of machinery during the debug and test phase.
Test run equipment/machinery and troubleshoot to optimize efficiency.
Operation overhead cranes, forklifts and scissor lifts.
Packaging and crating of machine systems for shipment.
Work with engineering/manufacturing teams to resolve issues and optimize processes.
Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Adhering to quality control directives.
Assist in the training and development of others as needed.
Completes paperwork in an accurate and timely manner.
Comply with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas.
Other duties as assigned.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
Associates degree in electro-mechanical, Trade school diploma in industrial maintenance or similar
applicable field experience.
5+ years’ experience assembling electro-mechanical equipment / machinery.
Wiring of industrial control systems including PLC’s and 3-phase power is a plus.
Use of basic metrology equipment (i.e. calipers, micrometers, etc.).
Blueprint reading, machine shop skills.
Basic computer skills – data entry.
Demonstrate a high level of creativity; continuously seeking ways to improve quality and efficiency.
Reliable and flexible to work additional hours on short notice to complete orders and/or special projects to
meet customer demands.
Ability to lift and carry 50 pounds.
Must be able to perform in a fast paced environment.
Occasional overtime required.
Location: Portland, OR
Pay Rate: $14-$19 per hour
Our client, an industry recognized and brand leader in firearms manufacturing is seeking an Assembler to perform daily activities in their fast-paced manufacturing environment.
- Experience with mechanical, optical lens, electronic, and general assembly.
- Knowledge of mechanical assembly aptitude.
- Ability to read and understand manufacturing instructions.
- Work with torque tools, electric drivers, and specialized optical equipment.
- Proficient in soldering.
- Operate robotic equipment
- Follow lean manufacturing guidelines and safety protocol.
- Quality check for all possible defects.
- Complete tasks with adhesive dispensers.
- College education or relatable certification.
- 1-2 years assembly experience required.
- Must be able to understand and read directions.
- Excellent in show writing and mathematics.
- Proficient computer skills.
- Experience with ERP system preferred.
Seneca Resources is client driven provider of strategic Information Technology consulting services and Workforce Solutions to government and industry. Seneca Resources is a leading IT services provider with offices in Virginia, Alabama, Texas, and Florida that service clients throughout the United States. The key to our success lies within our strong corporate culture which drives our business. We challenge our staff through engaging work, and we reward our staff through competitive compensation, extensive professional training, and excellent opportunities for career advancement. In turn, we look for only the best and brightest to join our team.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.
Position Title: Manufacturing Assembler
Location: Huntsville, AL
Position Status: Contract to hire
Our client is looking for Manufacturing Assembler candidates for a position located in Huntsville, AL.
- HS Diploma or GED Equivalent
- Perform mechanical assembly on PCB boards, by following schematic drawings.
- Use schematic drawings on a computer to assemble different PCB board types.
- Must be able to read documentation/drawings.
- Must be able to work without close supervision.
- Must be willing to work overtime as needed.
Assembler - Level 2
Assembler - Level 2
Join a team recognized for leadership, innovation and diversity
Produce high quality products and services for our customers. You will assemble and inspect product to ensure the highest quality product is provided to our customers. You will be responsible for your work area to ensure the safe and efficient operation of the area. You will set up and monitor the production of product in your area and participate in the continuous improvement process at the site to address safety, production and quality improvements.
Create products that delight our customers and provide needed services.
Career advancement with skills training and demonstration of abilities.
Provide services that increase customer satisfaction and growth.
25 Operate assigned equipment 20 Participate in continuous improvement activities 20 Support the Honeywell Operating System 20 Maintain work area for operation and cleanliness 20 Comply with all safety rules
YOU MUST HAVE
- Ability to read mechanical drawings
Demonstrated ability to understand basic mechanical assembly concepts.
High School Diploma or GED
Ability to analyze information and concepts
Ability to collaborate with others and work independently
Ability to identify key details
Ability to troubleshoot
Good coordination, motor skills, and dexterity
Creative thinking and idea generation
Ability to communicate information clearly
Due to US export control laws, must be a US citizen, permanent resident or have protected status.NonexemptDiscover Honeywell IntelligratedINCLUDES
- 1st Shift
Job ID: HRD42175
Category: Integrated Supply Chain
Location: 10331 South Dolfield Road, Owings Mills, MD 21117 USA
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
You can 'build things' anywhere . . . so choose to work for a company that values what you bring to the table, provides you with an opportunity to succeed, challenges your skills, grows your talent, makes safety a priority, and gives you the chance to build a real career – one filled with challenge, passion, pride, and satisfaction. Check out our opening at Welbilt's Parsons, TN facility today!
The Assembler II will work under General supervision, assembles fabricated parts in accordance with established procedures and guidelines to insure quality, safety, and productivity standards are met to satisfy customer requirements
We put the 'fast' in fast food and the refinement in fine dining. We put the icy refreshment in sodas and the 'rocks' in signature cocktails. Be part of an industry that touches every life. Advance your career with the leader in foodservice innovation!
Essential Job Functions:
Read and interpret job order, diagrams, and/or blueprints to select and position material and accessory components
Assemble sub-assemblies and install accessory components and materials. Wire basic electrical connections per applicable diagram.
Inspect product to conform to quality, engineering standards, and customer requirements
Load, unload, lift, and move materials and product utilizing lifting equipment when available.
Complete and maintain all associated electronic processes paperwork (including but not limited to checklists, stamping, blueprints, bar coding and including shipping material)
Operate hand tools (including but not limited to electrical and pneumatic power tools)
Maintain departmental housekeeping and 5S standards
Perform duties in accordance with current Quality Management System, Safety Management System, and Manitowoc Code of Conduct requirements
Actively participate in safety training and demonstrate competency by effectively resolving safety issues or bringing them to the attention of management
1-3 years Manufacturing and or construction
Ability to read and interpret blue prints
Basic math and reading comprehension skills
Ability to read a tape measure
Basic ability to read, speak, and understand English language
Stand and walk on concrete up to 100% of work day
Ability to bend, stoop, kneel, crouch
Lift and carry up to 50 lbs alone and over 50 lbs with assistance
Ability to climb and balance
Ability to use hands to reach and to handle or feel
Manual dexterity in hands for tool usage
Work in temperatures above 95 degrees (non climate control building)
Ability to visibly inspect product
For over 40 years, Welbilt – Parsons, Tennessee has manufactured dependable, energy-efficient walk-in coolers, freezers, and refrigeration units for the foodservice industry under leading brand names Kolpak, Harford, and RDI. The facility in Parsons is a division of Welbilt, Inc.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!