Material Crew Supervisor Job Description Sample
· Work with Receiving department for returning color, resin, & blends that are not needed on the floor
· Work with supervisors / lead men to insure proper resin, color, or additive is at the press in a timely manor
· Monitor color, additive, material, & Blend usage. Work with Logistics/Material manager on what is running outside the called out BOM
· Reutilizing regrind & blends for designated jobs
· Make documentation for material handlers of C/C and any preparations for the next day job run, such as setting up dryers & hoppers
· Check filters daily to ensure cleanliness
· Notify Plant Manager of any problem areas
· Review training of new material handlers
· Check for proper use of equipment
· Troubleshoot any problems with equipment, if problem cannot be solved contact Maintenance Supervisor
· Insure proper paperwork is being issued and utilized
· Monitor housekeeping and responsible for assigning material handlers certain presses to keep clean during their shift (making sure the floor is left the same way for each shift)
· Plan, direct, and coordinate activities of material handlers to insure all are trained in job basics
· Insure that material handlers are doing their walk-through (Daily) with Supervisors
· Work with production manager and take the lead on sample jobs, prepping the resin, color, and/or additive
Stockroom/Electronics Material Control Supervisor
(F/T) – Fast paced electronic aerospace manufacturer seeks individual with supervisory experience to lead team with experience in the following:
- Electronic parts kitting – ability to prepare and audit kits for printed circuit board assembly. Knowledge of electronic components and bills of material required.
- Shortage Analysis and reporting – includes working with Purchasing Dept. to report part shortages and follow-up with Purchasing to assure parts are ordered and received in a timely manner.
- Meet kit release dates to production floor by working with Production Manager on a daily basis.
- Oversee incoming receiving inspection of material.
- Confirm accuracy of inventory reporting.
This individual must have the ability to multitask and pay close attention to detail. Good communication skills are an important part of this position.
Material Area Supervisor
- The Material Area Supervisor is responsible for leading hourly teams that unload, store, and deliver material to support production in an automotive manufacturing assembly plant. Lead the safety, delivery, cost, quality, and morale of hourly work teams. Develop team leaders to meet corporate guidelines and transform existing material delivery processes to increase productivity and reduce manufacturing costs utilizing the World Class Manufacturing process. Ensure inventory and record integrity and maintain a positive working relationship with both management and union represented employee Manage multiple work teams in a fast paced, high volume unionized manufacturing environment. Responsible for coordinating daily team activities to achieve business metrics and implementing World Class Manufacturing (WCM) tools and processes as it related to material flow. Required to oversee and develop highly functioning work teams, comprised of Team Leaders and Team Members and practice Leadership Principles.
Bachelor's degree OR High School Diploma with min 5 years related experience in a Manufacturing environment. Excellent organizational, written and oral communication. Excellent interpersonal skills-
Previous related supervisory experience. Demonstrated ability to coach/mentor/develop team members- Previous experience working in a union environment. Strong background in LEAN manufacturing systems. Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
Our firm continues to evolve to successfully meet the ever-changing market demands in the automotive industry. I*LOGIC, Inc. is certified as a Minority Owned Business by the MMBDC and a Women-Owned Business by the WBENC.
Working Crew Supervisor (New England Region)
Supervisor/Driver/Operator (New England Region)
Compensation: $800-$1400/week plus sign on bonus.
Employment type: full-time
$1,000 bonus after 90 days, additional $1,000 bonus after 180 days
Seeking highly motivated candidates for a working crew supervisor/driver/operator position.
The Working Crew Supervisor is responsible for overall day to day management of labor crew including but not limited to Driving 1-2-ton truck with 24’ trailer, product installations and repairs, maintain material inventory and supply orders, completing all job paperwork. This is a physical working position requiring heavy lifting, occasional overnight/out of state travel and daily in-state travel. Must have the ability to speak in a professional manner to customers and manage a Labor crew.
Any one applying must be self-motivated, physically fit having a fast paced work ethic and ability to work as a team and take direction run with it to get things done on the job site.
*MUST HAVE PRIOR EXPERIENCE IN CONSTRUCTION EXPERIENCE.*
Minimum of 2 years construction experience.
Prior Staff Management Experience.
Prior customer service contact.
Experience driving 1-2 ton truck and tag style trailer combinations.
Competent with hand tools, hydraulics, jack hammer and mechanical foundation repair equipment.
Must be proficient with Construction management software, Microsoft Outlook and Excel
Valid Massachusetts drives license without restrictions with and reliable mode of transportation to work.
Must have or the ability to secure Massachusetts medical card (DOT)
The ability to secure OSHA certification.
The ability to secure Hydraulics licenses.
*Desired: Concrete crack repair experience, Structural framing experience, Masonry repairs, Concrete flat-work ,hydraulics license, forklift certification, excavator experience. OSHA certification, DOT, CDL
High school graduation, Trade school or equivalent
Compensation: $800-$1400/week plus sign on bonuses.
We are an open shop contractor and an Equal Opportunity, drug-free employer.
Candidates must be able to provide references and complete a per-employment drug screen, along with a DMV and background check.
If you are have prior applicable experience or a highly motivated individual interested-in on the job training to become part of our team please forward your contact information. --
Material Planning Supervisor
As a key member of the Executive Management team, the Planning & Scheduling Manager will report to the Executive in Charge and assume a strategic role in the overall leadership of Purchasing and Material Planning. It's a must to have a strong background in electro-mechanical components & subassembly Material Planning.
The candidate will manage a department of six buyers as well as collaborate with Engineering on new product sourcing activities; assist manufacturing with component and assembly level production planning schedules; control material and inventories in conjunction with the finance department.
Duties and Responsibilities of Department Planning & Buying
- Develop and investigate sources of supply, issue requests for quotations.
- Prepare and issue purchase orders, expedite deliveries, resolve payment and quality problems with suppliers, resolve delivery/receiving problems. Monitor supplier delivery performance.
- Develop and maintain purchasing database.
- Assure qualified suppliers are identified for all components and services required.
- Manage all buyers. Materials Management
- Work closely with the company Controller of cash management.
- Work closely with shipping and receiving.
- Perform shipping, receiving, and inventory control activities.
- Receive and verify the accuracy of all incoming shipments.
- Perform fulfillment activities for sales orders, evaluations, spares or vendor shipments.
- Manage logistics suppliers including couriers, carriers, freight forwarders and warehouses.
- Manage inventories and generate purchase requisitions for supply and inventory items as required.
- Make all material transactions and assure inventory accuracy.
- Maintain an adequate supply of all shipping supplies and materials.
- Collaborate with Accounting Department on daily cycle counts. The ideal candidate will have practical knowledge or experience in the following areas.
- Experience and knowledge in capital goods manufacturing,
- Knowledge of domestic and international ground/air logistics carriers, operations, and procedures
- Microsoft Office applications including Project, Word, Excel and PowerPoint, MRP/ERP systems.
- Product data management and Bills of Materials
- Common manufacturing cost accounting practices and principals
- Familiarity with Lean Manufacturing principals The successful candidate will be expected to possess the following attributes.
- Ability to negotiate and influence vendors while managing expectations
- Strong organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills, detail oriented.
- Ability to successfully work on multiple projects at once.
- Effective verbal and written communication, analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Willingness to contribute outside of defined job description when necessary.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, changing environment with minimal supervision.
- Ability to move or lift equipment/product up to 30 lbs. on occasion.
- BS/BA Degree in Business, Material Management or related field
- Experience in Purchasing Department Management / Leadership with intimate knowledge of buying, planning, supplier relations, material planning, negotiations and inventory management roles for new products and on-going production.
- Experience in sourcing of fabricated sheet metal components
- Experience in sourcing of components and subassemblies for electromechanical devices and optical components for laser systems.
Recently, we received private equity funding and support to significantly grow our business in the US and internationally as well as add exciting new and innovative products to our line. While we’re 15 years old, this is truly a fresh, restart-up opportunity. We need experienced and committed team members to come along and hold on for the ride.
Material Handling Supervisor
Shepard Exposition Services is seeking a Material Handling Supervisor to oversee the pre-planning and on-site production of trade show material handling operations. This will include the following: advanced freight trailer coordination, creating target plans, organizing equipment coordination and delivery, producing material handling production plan and recap, creating labor calls with General Freight Foreman and submitting to Team Leader and General Foreman, managing on-site material handling operations from start to finish including advanced freight delivery and direct freight deliveries, effective and efficient management of labor according to labor targets and show needs, assisting with move-out plan and notice, managing on-site freight empty return, managing freight outbound shipments including Shepard Logistics shipments and return to warehouse, communicating with Customer Service Representatives about logistics, managing on-site claims, and interacting with customers to solve claims.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Supervise production of freight delivery and receiving at trade shows
- Place union labor calls; schedule and supervise union labor
- Maintain knowledge of union contracts, rules, and labor rates
- Meet planning and production deadlines
- Enforce safety rules and company best practices
- Follow all payroll procedures and submit payroll on time and accurately
- Ensure time cards are coded correctly for accurate job cost reporting
- Control labor expenses and minimize overtime
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- At least 5 years of experience working on-site at show floor for a trade show general contractor; supervisory experience a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency in Windows and Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Bi-lingual or multi-lingual a plus
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
Shepard Exposition Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Material Handler And Warehouse Supervisor
Under supervision, perform a wide variety of activities related to the receipt, inspection, processing, storage, distribution and moving of supplies, materials, equipment, vehicles as related to the remodeling industry and DC Enclosures, Inc business practice. General Construction material knowledge required.
Position requires Georgia Drivers License with Clean record, pass drug test and background check, e-verify required, must be able to lift 75 lbs. does require general technology skills.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (may include, but not limited to the following)
QUALIFICATIONS Knowledge of:
1. Educational materials, supplies and equipment.
2. Warehouse operational methods, procedures, policies, rules and regulations.
3. Safe and proper loading and unloading of delivery vehicles.
4. Proper physical lifting techniques and use of warehouse equipment.
5. Correct English usage, spelling, grammar, punctuation and mathematical concepts.
6. Use and terminology of requisitions, purchase orders, invoices, and other warehouse documentation.
7. Modern office methods and equipment, including computers and application software.
8. Automated record storage, retrieval, and management systems.
9. General knowledge of construction materials, must have experience in the construction industry
1. Safely and appropriately operate the tools, equipment and technology necessary in the receipt, storage and distribution operations of the warehouse facilities.
2. Effectively operate a delivery vehicle.
3. Make accurate mathematical calculations.
4. Apply, interpret and explain policies and procedures.
5. Plan and organize work.
6. Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships.
7. Work effectively as a team member.
8. Maintain documentation and records.
9. Meet schedules and timelines.
10. Communicate both orally and in writing in a clear and concise manner.
11. Read maps and schedules and adhere to route schedules.
WORKING CONDITIONS Environment:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
This position will include indoor, outdoor, office and warehouse environments.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The employee must be able to:
Lift, carry, push and/or pull items up to a maximum of 80 pounds with a strength factor of heavy work.
Hear and speak to exchange information in person and on the telephone.
See to read a variety of materials.
Stand and walk.
Bend at the waist, kneel, or crouch.
Sit or stand for extended periods of time.
Climb a step stool or ladder and reach above shoulders.
Working with machinery, tools, electrical and motorized equipment, chemicals, and in temperatures associated with a warehouse; driving for extended periods of time.
Warehouse Material Supervisor
•* Monitor daily production schedule and expedite material availability AT the production line
•* Work closely with Production supervision to make sure lines do not stop because of material availability
•* Together with Scheduling identify daily material requirements and physically locate and place so that production can have easy access to required materials
•* Notify scheduling AND production when material can NOT be made available ahead of time so that schedule can be changed OR material can be expedited through the facility.
•* Expedite material availability through receiving and approval process as required to support continuity of production
•* Work closely with all department supervisors (Scheduling, Warehousing, Production and Quality) to properly prioritize material availability
•* Monitor Master Production Schedule to anticipate future material needs and coordinate availability with purchasing
•* Monitor material usage to report when usage exceeds standards
•* Comply with the Company's attendance/tardiness standards.
•* Load and unload products in a safe and accurate manner.
•* Operate several types of forklifts (i.e. Sit Down, Stand Up, Walkie-Rider, and Hi-Lo)
•* Operate various types of equipment in the warehouse, including RF Scanners and Pallet Jacks.
•* Maintain an inventory of all products and verify that the correct quantity is being shipped to clients.
•* Stack products in the appropriate location notify supervisor(s) of damage
•* Work on scheduled shifts and overtime (Work additional shifts as available).
•* Comply with company policies, procedures, and expected standards of behavior.
•* Experience with MRP and Warehouse Management Systems
•* Ability to carry up 50 pounds
•* High School diploma or equivalent
•* Authorized to work in US
•* Valid US state Drivers’ license
•* Forklift, Hilo certification a plus
Material Handling Supervisor
Supervises and coordinates activities of workers engaged in various material handling processes from receiving, warehousing, material transfers and shipping.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Maintain a safe working environment by setting the example and enforcing Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) federal, local and company regulations, guidelines and practices.
Hires, coaches, reviews, and supervises assigned employees, or makes effective suggestions and recommendations that are given particular weight regarding the employment status of assigned employees.
Monitor daily, weekly and monthly shipment schedules/goals for adherence and provide continuing status of progress towards schedules and goals.
Assist the purchasing department with dates for scheduling inbound freight.
Assign the qualified employees/work group to the required duties. Monitors work and examines records for accuracy, neatness and conformance to policies and procedures.
Confers with supervisors of other departments to coordinate flow of materials or products and works with other departments to resolve problems.
Schedule shipments; ensure product is loaded properly and safely and that the proper documents travel with the product.
Schedule and authorize all vacation for material handling department personnel.
Promote good morale between all personnel.
Repair and replace defective company tools and equipment.
Train personnel in multiple tasks to help build a workforce that has skills in many areas.
Organizes layout of storage locations taking into consideration size, weight and related factors of items stored.
Recommends and implements new or revised procedures to improve efficiency, Suggest changes in working conditions and use of equipment to increase efficiency of shop, department, or work crew.
Participates in ordering of stock items to replenishment levels.
Analyzes and resolves work problems, or assists workers in solving work problems.
Initiates or suggests plans to motivate workers to achieve work goals.
Supervisor / Crew Leader
Supervisor / Crew Leader
Swift Staffing LLC has an exciting opportunity for Supervisor / Crew Leader in Marion, AR. You will be responsible for managing a team of material handlers in a warehouse environment.
Job Description of the Supervisor / Crew Leader:
- Oversees and participates in the following tasks...
- Push recyclables container for 8 hour shift
- Remove lids off the recycling bins
- Lift bags filled with recyclables and place into cart
- Load recyclables into downstroke baler
Job Qualifications of the Supervisor / Crew Leader:
- Previous experience in a supervisory or management role in a warehouse environment.
- Ability to do heavy lifting throughout entire shift
- Must submit to a drug screen
- Must submit to a criminal background check
- Must have a high school diploma or GED
- Shift 1: 7:00 am- 3:00 pm
- Shift 2: 7:00 pm- 3:00 am
- Shift 3: 12:00 pm- 8:00 pm
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!