Material Handler Job Description Sample
Material Handler- 1St Shift- Material Handler Puller/Cutter
GENERAL PURPOSE: TO PROVIDE IMS CUSTOMERS IN THE MOST RELIABLE, RESPONSIVE, AND HIGHEST QUALITY SERVICE IN OUR INDUSTRY
RESPONSIBILITIES/DUTIES: Essential functions of the job are listed below. Please note that other duties may also be assigned.
· Carries out all responsibilities in an honest, ethical and professional manner.
· Using stock tag for stocking location, place material in proper storage container.
· Must be able to follow all IMS Safety Rules
· Able to identify and properly handle brokered items, customer dedicated material and buy-outs
· Has knowledge of material and material location.
· Able to do basic training of new employees using IMS procedures when needed
· Able to locate and safely pull material indicated on work-order using the appropriate material handling equipment. (I.e. Forklift, side-loaders, etc…)
· Able to read work order to assure correct material is properly loaded on our truck in the correct sequence
· Verify size with the use of calipers, tape measure and color coding system.
· Able to assist in most departments when needed.
· Verify that pulled material meets IMS quality standards
· Able to change stocking location of material in IMS System when material has been moved.
· Document material pulled using the IMS process
· Knows proper tagging process
· Able to efficiently handle Sheet Material
· Able to assist in Stocking
· Knows to keep all material of the same grade kept together.
· Knows the significance of a “Heat” and “Lot” Number and proper way to handle and identify with stocking tag.
· Knowledge of proper packaging procedures for different types of material handled.
· Able to interact and communicate with customers and fellow employees in a friendly and professional manner
· Able to read work-order to assure correct material is pulled and is handled per special instructions.
· General housekeeping
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS/CORE COMPETENCIES: The following are the minimum qualifications which an individual needs in order to successfully perform the duties and responsibilities of this position. Please note that the minimum qualifications may vary based upon the department size and/or geographic location.
Ability to work safely and efficiently
Ability to solve practical problems and provide appropriate solutions
Ability to organize workload for maximum effectiveness. Ability to take ownership of, and focus on critical initiatives.
Ability to communicate clearly and concisely
Ability to interact effectively and across diverse cultures
Strong detail orientation and understanding of safe work processes and procedures
Strong customer, quality and results orientation
Ability to be an effective team member
Ability to support and adapt to change as the external environment and organization evolves
Ability to work weekends as needed
· Forklift Certified
· Order Picker
· Tape Measure
· Skill Saw
· Wood Saw
· Overhead Crane
· Side Loader
· Abrasive Saw
· Aluminum Chop Saw
· Basic Computer skills
Industrial Metal Supply does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, color, religious creed, national origin, sex, ancestry, age, employment status, disability or veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local laws. AA/EOE
Industrial Metal Supply Company (IMS) is a market leader full line metal distributor serving the needs of metal users since 1948. Now over sixty years old, IMS is renowned for an extensive inventory, robust production capabilities and exceptional customer service.
Our product line includes a long list of metals in various alloys, shapes, and sizes; specialty and decorative metals; as well as a large selection of metalworking tools and supplies coupled with Laser, Plasma and Water Jet processing.
Material Handler [--60 Hours Per Week!!!--]
PrideStaff is currently seeking a MATERIAL HANDLER to work with a very busy manufacturer in Fenton, MO. This is a great opportunity to join an incredible company with a fantastic comprehensive benefits package upon hire position.
HOURS: Monday- Friday 8:00am- 8:00pm (20 hours of OT per week!!)
PAY: $12.00/hr + 20 hours of OT per week!!
- Scan manufactured items in to inventory using RF scanner
- Transport materials from plant to warehouse using a sit-down fork lift (Clamp Truck experience a plus)
- Complete inventory paperwork and shipping paperwork including bill of lading and UPS, FEDEX, etc.
- Input product and shipment information in to the computer
- Call or schedule carriers for product pick-up
- Forklift experience required
- Clamp truck experience a plus
- Must be physically fit and able to work in a fast-paced environment including load and unload trucks
- Knowledgeable with using a RF scanner
- Knowledge and experience using a computer
- Must be able to lift up to 50lbs
- Must be able to review packaged items and ensure meet manufacturer package specifications
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and committed to meeting production goals
- Must have consistent and reliable means of transportation
- Must be willing to submit to a background check and drug screen
- Must provide 2 work references (no personal references please)
For information on additional jobs opportunities through PrideStaff, please review the following website:http://www.stlouisstaffingagencies.com/
Warehouse Material Handler
NCW is now hiring Material Handlers and Parts Assemblers for job opportunities in Noblesville, IN. These are contract-to-permanent positions offering consistent 40 hour weeks on 1st shift. Warehouse duties may include basic picking/packaging, put away, labeling and assembly of materials and parts.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Valid driver's license
- Willing and able to pass a drug test
- Must have a clean criminal background
- Able to repeatedly lift up to 35 pounds
- Able to stand for long periods of time
- Experience in a warehouse or manufacturing setting is a plus, but not required.
- Starting pay: $10/hour
- 1st shift work hours
- Consistent 40 hour weeks with potential overtime
- Clean work environment, climate controlled facility
- Opportunities for pay increase with tenure
- Opportunity to earn company paid benefits
Interested candidates can reply to this posting, or call (317) 763-2392.
Delivery Material Handler / Building Materials
Kamco Supply Corp of New England, the regions largest distributor of commercial building products, is currently seeking a motivated and knowledgeable Delivery Material Handler to join its success-driven team.
If you are a dependable and personable individual who is looking for a rewarding career with an established company, join the Kamco Supply team today! Kamco Supply offers its associates opportunities for growth and the ability to cross train and learn new skills.
The Delivery Material Handler will provide delivery support for the Kamco Supply branch located in Albany, NY. In this role, you will assist with the safe and accurate handling of material from the warehouse to the delivery location. These deliveries include both commercial and residential unloading.
Job Responsibilities may include:
- Loading and unloading delivery vehicles
- Assisting with loading products onto jobsites
- Assisting in maneuvering delivery vehicles
- Delivering product in non-CDL required vehicles
- Providing superior customer service
- Double checking all loads for accuracy and ensuring that they are thoroughly secured for delivery
- Providing warehouse support as needed
Specific qualifications include:
- Ability to repeatedly lift products weighing 75-100 pounds
- Kamco and OSHA approved Powered Industrial Truck certification (company training provided)
- Forklift experience preferred (we will train if necessary)
- Ability and willingness to work on jobsites
- Positive attitude and team player
- Adhering to all safety policies, including wearing safety harness and other required equipment
Benefits may include:
- Health and dental coverage
- Life insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays
Equal Opportunity Employer
Kamco provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, gender identity, veteran or disability.
Drug Free Workplace
All potential candidates must pass a pre-employment drug screen, a background check and have a clean Motor Vehicle Record prior to any job offer.
Job Type: Full-time
- forklift: 1 year
- warehouse: 1 year
- material handling: 1 year
· Kamco Supply Corp of New England
36 Railroad Ave.
Albany, NY 12205
If you have the right attitude and experience, we look forward to you joining our team!!!
Kamco is a one-stop shopping source for contractors, residential homebuilders, commercial drywall and acoustical professionals, and institutional/municipal accounts. We carry a full selection of acoustical products, steel framing, drywall, insulation and lumber/millwork from manufacturers such as Armstrong, Telling, Owens Corning, and Certainteed.
Kamco offers several custom services, including pre-hung interior wood doors, the capacity to machine match existing trim, a wide range of millwork products and commercial metal door modifications. Our nine strategically placed branches makes Kamco a convenient source of building supplies wherever the jobsite.
We have over 1.5 million square feet of warehouse space which allows 90% of our inventory to be protected from the weather, and a technically oriented sales and support staff of 80, ready to assist you with your next order.
Kamco Fast Facts:
- Nine convenient locations
- 1.5 million square feet of space, most of it weather protected
- More than 100,000 products to choose from: a virtual one-stop shop
- 24-hour on-site, on-time delivery service - weather and site conditions permitting
- Extensive fleet of trucks, including 8-story booms, flatbeds and box trucks
- More than 200 dedicated employees, including a knowledgeable sales staff
- Customer service representatives who guarantee 100% satisfaction
- Experienced millwork and metal door technicians to ensure craftsmanship and quality modifications
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- A valid driver’s license and an acceptable driving record is required.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedural manuals.
- Ability to work cooperatively and communicate effectively to maintain good working relationships.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding and problem solving skills to carry out instructions furnished in written or oral form.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds and work long periods on their feet.
- Knowledge of natural gas pipeline materials preferred but not required.
- Forklift experience is preferred but not required.
- Must pass a pre-employment background check and drug test.
- Be available to work the hours of 7:30 to 3:30 Monday through Friday and overtime as required.
- Be able to work without supervision at times.
- Attend work on a regular basis and support the company’s policies and procedures, including workplace safety rules.
- Perform responsibilities as directed within determined time frames and with a high degree of accuracy.
One of the unique aspects of On-Board is our ability to customize solutions with each of the complimentary business verticals to satisfy our partners goals including Total Solutions.
Warehouse Worker Material Handler
The position is responsible for performing a variety of warehouse duties, loading and unloading material within a warehouse / storage facility while utilizing forklifts & heavy equipment to move slab material, unload containers, maintaining facility, and implementation of all appropriate safety regulations (OSHA).
- Move material & items from receiving or storage areas to shipping or other designated areas: to include unloading containers.
- Load & unload both inbound & outbound trucks.
- Tag & identify material using appropriate methods.
- Oversee & maintain all equipment.
- Verify all equipment & material used in loading & unloading meets/exceeds company standards - report any problems or needs to the manager.
- Responsible for quality control by reviewing all incoming / outgoing products for damage.
- Interact with customers while they are viewing material in the warehouse - customer service.
- Make certain proper straps are kept secured on all outside material at the end of each day.
- Ensure inventory area is accessible & safe for employees & customer traffic.
- Perform other job related duties as assigned to or as operational needs dictate.
- Exposure to seasonal outdoor element.
- Regular reliable attendance is an essential requirement for the job.
- Forklift experience a requirement.
- Heavy equipment experience preferred.
- Natural stone slab handling recommended.
- Possession of a diploma & a year of warehouse experience and / or training, or equivalent combination of education & experience.
- Competitive salary: based on experience.
- Healthcare benefits.
- 401K plan.
LOCATION: City Of Industry, CA.
SHIFT: 1 Shift 9:00 AM to 5:30 PM Mon- Fri
Move materials and items from receiving or storage areas to shipping or to other designated areas.
Sort and place materials or items on racks, shelves or in bins according to predetermined sequence such as size, type, style, color or product code.
Open bales, helps with open/close/discard of crates and other containers.
Sweep, dust and mop, maintains cleanliness of the entire facility.
Organize warehouse, shelves and work area for cleanliness and orderly at all times.
Ensure warehouse is accessible and safe for traffic.
Ability to lift and/or move objects up to 50 pounds.
Ability to stand, walk; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
May be asked to stack or work with objects or materials that are higher than 10 feet
May be assigned to pick (pull) or put-away parts (materials) as needed
We all worked with and for some of the big names in the industry and became increasingly frustrated with our experience. We collectively found that while larger companies had name recognition they did not focus on any true specialty.
In our experience, we learned that in order to truly be a successful talent partner for our clients, you needed dedicated professionals who were experts in identifying "key skill" sets in their recruiting fields.
As fate would have it, our collective paths crossed. We often spoke of our common frustrations and determined we would open our own corporation so that we could get it right!
Since opening we've been overwhelmed by the positive response. Both our clients and working colleagues are pleased to have an organization that finally understands their needs!
Material Handler -- 1St & 3Rd Shift
Material Handling Position
* 60 hrs a week -- expect to make $550 to $750 per week (based on a 40-50hr work week)
* 3rd shift – Sunday through Thursday 7:30 PM – 6:00 AM
* $12.40/hr to start & $18/overtime hr
* 1st shift – Monday through Friday 6:00 AM - 4:30 PM
* $11.60/hr to start & $17.47/overtime hr
* Quick temp to hire set at 500 hours
* Upon being hired in the company pays $500 to $800 monthly profit sharing bonuses as well as 401k & Health Benefits
* Responsible for maintaining inventory
* Handling, transporting, delivering supplies and materials
* Oversee process of moving and distributing materials
* No felonies
* Stable job history
* Strength and stamina to pick up and move heavy objects
* Skill in operating forklift or other basic material handling equipment
Warehouse Staff -- Material Handler (West Caldwell)
Warehouse staff -- Material Handler (west caldwell)
compensation: 10$/hr, Medical Benefits, Vacation
employment type: full-time
At J&J International Inc., we prefer candidates with minimum of 1~2 Years of warehouse experience in the warehouse environment. Due to high levels of daily orders and other warehouse responsibilities, the candidate must have knowledge/education or experience in this field.
Pick Packer Duties and Responsibilities
In order to facilitate an efficient warehouse, a Pick Packer performs many different tasks. We analyzed job listings for Pick Packer in order to identify these core duties and responsibilities.
Pick Packers pick order tickets and process them by completing any required paperwork, locating items in the warehouse, moving them to the processing and shipping area and scanning their barcode. They use RF scanners to ensure that all orders and inventory are accurately tracked.
Pick Packers then pack orders and prepare them to be shipped. They must inspect the items to ensure that they’re not damaged or missing any parts, package them according to specifications and transport them carefully as needed to bring them to shipping facilities.
The Pick Packer maintains warehouse inventory by arranging boxes and making sure they’re stored in a way that they won’t be damaged. They also make sure to track all orders, packaging, and shipping in order to ensure inventory is accurately recorded. Finally, they’re often responsible for maintaining general cleanliness in the warehouse.
Pick Packer Skills
Pick Packers are detail-oriented problem solvers who can think quantitatively and notice defects and errors quickly. When problems arise, they must be able to act quickly and decisively. In order to be successful, the Pick Packer also has great communication skills and is able to work as a team member with a wide variety of people in the supply chain.
- Having basic mathematical abilities
- Demonstrating verbal and written communication skills
- Being proficient in basic computer applications
- Being able to stand for long periods of time and lift heavy objects
Advanced skills: While most employers did not require the following skills, multiple job listings included them as preferred. Add these to your Pick Packer toolbox and broaden your career options.
- RF scanner experience
- Previous warehouse experience
- Familiarity with shipping software
- Ability to pass and continue to pass background checks
- High school Diploma or (GED) required
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office, Excel, and UPS/ software
- Ability to read, write and speak in English.
- Possess a valid/updated NJ Driver's License
We are looking for detail oriented and responsible applicants that are willing to work hard for the betterment of the company and themselves.
- Medical and Health Insurance available
- Paid Holiday/Vacation/Personal/Sick days
- $10.00/ hour (Monday through Friday 9:30AM -- 6:00PM)
NJ Fulfillment Manager
800-627-4368 ext 217
Elgin manufacturer seeking an Experienced Material Handler to join their 3rd shift team.
This is a full time, contract to hire position offering excellent career growth for a self-motivated candidate with excellent attendance and work ethic.
--Operates gas or electric powered forklift, reach truck or other material handling equipment
--Safely moves materials across facility including lifting, stacking and tiering.
--Prior experience as a Forklift Operator/Reach Truck Driver required
--Must be able to work 3rd shift hours including mandatory weekend OT if required.
--Must have outstanding attendance record and work ethic
--Ability to pass skills test including math and reading comprehension
--Valid Drivers License
--Background/Drug Screen/EVerify required.
HOURLY RATE: $12.00
Se Habla Espanol!
APPLICATIONS SUBMITTED FROM OUTSIDE THE US OR WITHOUT A RESUME AND COMPLETED QUESTIONNAIRE WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED
Many more positions available. Visit www.metrostaffingservice.com to view all current openings.
Today we are known as Metro Staffing Service and are based in Columbus, OH. With 11 offices in 7 states, we are proud to have developed ongoing business relationships with some of the best employers in the business. And are even prouder to have put thousands of associates in careers they love.
We go beyond what's required to place a temporary or contract associate. We actually take the time to get to know the client, by listening, learning the business, and looking for proactive or creative ways to help. And we take the time to get to know our associates; their personalities, skills and long term career goals. These interactions allow us to provide the superior level of customer service we're known for.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!