Material Scheduler Job Description Sample
Looking to employ your manufacturing skills in an organization that was judged in 2016 as the #1 workplace in Northeast Ohio by NEO’s annual Top Workplaces survey? Let us help you get your “foot in the door” at The Lubrizol Corporation! It’s difficult to advertise all of your best attributes in your resume – our ON SITE STAFFING TEAM has DIRECT ACCESS to open positions and Lubrizol Hiring Managers – let us help you showcase not just your skill set, but your passion, drive, and ambition to partner with Lubrizol, their customers, and team members to achieve Success Together.
The Lubrizol Corporation, a global chemical company, is seeking YOUR skills in scheduling and supply chain to work on this long-term contractor position. This is a great opportunity for the right person!
Manage custom manufacturing production planning activities and support roll out of new plants in the Americas region
Manage restocking and order fulfillment of warehouse locations in Americas region
Production scheduling including answering sales orders, stock transfer orders, scheduling production, troubleshooting and expediting orders
Complete month-end inventory reconciliations
Liaising with customer manufacturing managers and sourcing managers
Assist with set-ups of new plants in the Americas region
Standardizing internal processes
Managing all warehouse locations in North America including answering sales orders, stock transfer orders, scheduling replenishment, troubleshooting and expediting orders
High school diploma or equivalent
Minimum one year experience in supply planning, transportation or customer service
Working knowledge of MS Office
Managing complex tasks
Considered a Plus
Working knowledge at the transaction level in SAP
Bachelor’s degree in business or science
Plan and implement the conversion of raw material (aluminum, steel, copper) in various stages that permit the material to be used in the fabrication of finished goods for our customers.
High school diploma is required. Planning experience required. Lean manufacturing and/or APICS training or certification is a plus. Competent in Word, Excel, and Powerpoint software. Oracle knowledge preferable.
All duties and responsibilities are focused in the Lancaster, PA plant only but affect all EEP locations.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Schedule paint line and slitter operations for Lancaster, PA plant
· Oversee coil kanban slitter and paintline boards and cards
· Review and fulfill all EEP location metal orders (AHP branches and Feasterville)
· Process metal claims and rejects to reduce scrap
· Review customer demands and trends and the effect on metal demand
· Backup for other department members on vacation
Essential Functions of Position
· Job takes place in normal office setting with no known hazardous environmental or physical working conditions. The job entails negligible requirements for lifting, bending and standing. Normal office interactions require the incumbent to possess the mobility to meet with others in the office, interact with employees on the plant floor and travel frequently.
· Requires normal dexterity, strength, coordination, vision (including the ability to read a computer screen), and hearing inherent in office work.
· Job is largely (75% plus) sedentary, requiring prolonged sitting, use of telephone, ability to communicate both verbally and in written format.
The strength of the business model is the supply of fabricated components to original equipment manufacturers, distributors, contractors and home centers throughout North America and Western Europe.
Production Data Analyst/Raw Material Scheduler
Production Data Analyst/Raw Material Scheduler The PDA/Raw Material Scheduler is primarily responsible for ensuring that the plant has the necessary raw materials available to meet the desired production schedule and keeping records of plant raw materials, finished goods, and production. Additionally this role provides back up for the plant logistics scheduler. The position is located at our Midland, MI production facility.
Primary responsibilities: * Input daily production from M&EB; report into SAP.
Own and maintain plant BOMs and Routings.
Periodically take physical inventory in the plant by walking through the process area and counting raw materials.
Manage inventories on raw materials and packaging materials
Work with various vendors to track raw material ETAs
Create non-contract POs for miscellaneous plant items
Month-end physical count and reconciliation to maintain compliance with SOX regulations
Reconcile/manage product silo inventories
Represent the plant during annual stock take audits for both Trinseo and Dow (internal and external) * Schedule waste trailer pick-ups, manage manifests, and maintain waste removal PO’s for each cost center
Schedule paddie dumpster switches and provide information to offgrade sellers to ensure a timely sale of the material
Schedule material pickup for rubber packaging containers and plant recycle.
Enter raw material receipts in SAP * Keep accurate records for Annual Environmental Survey on a monthly basis.
Support plant goals and initiatives to enable the plant to compete effectively.
Critical Success factors * High level of initiative and ownership
Flexibility (particularly during month end close) * Proactive management of raw material inventories to avoid interruptions in plant production. Knowledge/Skills/Abilities * Chemical Manufacturing work experience preferrred
Proficient use of SAP/ECC * Adequate understanding of chemical production processes as it relates to raw material needs preferred
Experience in industrial setting preferred #
Trinseo is an Equal Opportunity Employer Trinseo provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Although Trinseo complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities, Trinseo strongly believes that all employees have right to be treated fairly and will take every step to ensure this. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. Location: US-MI, Midland
About Us: Fluke Corporation is the world leader in the manufacture, distribution and service of electronic test tools and software. We are a dynamic market leader with sound financial health.
The Fluke brand has a reputation for portability, ruggedness, safety, ease of use and rigid standards of quality. A wholly owned subsidiary of Fortive Corporation (www.fortive.com), Fluke is a multi-national corporation headquartered in the greater Seattle area. We offer an entrepreneurial environment that is team-centered, customer-driven, quality-focused, and growth-oriented.
It is driven by the phenomenally successful Fortive Business System. Working at Fluke gives you access to a robust career development process and challenging, “stretch” opportunities.
Description: Responsible for material scheduling requirements, material lists and coordinating adherence to production plans. Primary Responsibilities •Develops detailed schedules, material requirements lists and production plans. •Monitors production activity to ensure smooth flow of materials. •Troubleshoots and follows up on potential schedule problems.
•3-5 years of related experience •Demonstrated ability to enter accurate data in Oracle •Demonstrated ability to with Excel, Word, etc. •Self-starter who seeks out ways to improve processes before being asked •Excellent verbal and written communication
Fortive is a diversified industrial growth company comprised of global businesses that are recognized leaders in attractive markets. With more than $6 billion in annual revenues, Fortive’s well-known brands hold leading positions in field instrumentation, transportation, sensing, product realization, automation and specialty, and franchise distribution.
Fortive is headquartered in Everett, Washington and employs a team of more than 24,000 research and development, manufacturing, sales, distribution, service and administrative employees in more than 40 countries around the world. Our team grows by tackling challenges that accelerate progress and further their careers. With a culture rooted in continuous improvement, the core of our company’s operating model is the Fortive Business System. For more information please visit:www.fortive.com.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Primary Location: North America-United States-UT-American Fork
Req ID: FLU006390
Mgr Prod Plan Scheduler 2 / Material Resource Planning / ERP / SAP
Mgr Prod Plan Scheduler 2 / Material Resource Planning / ERP / SAP
Requisition ID: 17029014
Location(s): United States-Alabama-Madison
US Citizenship Required for this Position: Yes
Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time Northrop Grumman Mission Systems sector is seeking a Material Resource Planning Manager 2 to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Madison, Alabama. The Material Resource Planning (MRP) Manager 2 will perform various aspects of managing the day to day operations of the cradle to grave material organization. The MRP manager monitors key performance indicators, analyzes cost-to-serve performance data, and coordinates cross-functional work teams to increase effectiveness of supply chain initiatives. Other responsibilities include:
Provide functioning and operational advice to production and program management organizations for work in progress, material availability, and potential production problems + Ensure that personnel, equipment, materials and services are provided as needed to support multiple government contract deliverables.
Develop and implement long-term supply chain strategies that address capacity issues, material flow, resource allocation, production location decisions, etc.
Support ongoing production and business growth to facilitate execution of new programs and initiatives
Provide direct support to proposal activities to include Production Volume / Section development and management, Basis of Estimate development, schedule development, BOM analysis, support to material and labor pricing + Direct planners in daily MRP processes to support project requirements + Actively participate in BOM reconciliation and material forecasting + Process all demand load requests + Lead cross functional teams in continuous improvement activities via established methodologies such as Lean Six Sigma and Kaizen.
Gather data and generate monthly metrics reporting for Planning and Purchasing + Coordinate activities with Design Engineering, Production Control personnel, project Program Manager, Purchasing and Material Stores personnel pertaining to project material acquisition
Manages team of material resource planners to execute or support tasks below: - Create and manage material masters to account for lead time, usage level, commodity, electronic, and other attributes to ensure appropriate sourcing level and ensure consumption is performed
Data entry for indentured and independent demand requests from manufacturing operations managers, defined stock groups
Performs MRP based on demand-generated resource requirements current stock, production need dates, vendor lead and material processing time
Implement material transfers based on inventory levels, demand requirements, and production schedules across all programs for commodity
Manage, report, and resolve surplus and excess and residue material resources through pegging analysis and sector reporting
- Task/Project/Program closeout coordination for surplus - HUNTSALMSTR
Bachelor's degree plus 8 years’ direct Materials Resource Planning (MRP) experience in a DoD manufacturing environment.
Experience managing a team of up to 10 direct reports as part of a MRP team including performance appraisals and other activities.
Experience supporting production related proposals in a DoD contracting environment. This experience must include technical writing input, BOE development, material pricing / procurement strategies, subcontract SOW development + Working knowledge of MRP and ERP Systems to include management of full spectrum ERP activities from engineering bill of material development, make / buy analysis, procurement of DoD system materials, material storage, material kitting, and production control of material and material issues.
- Experience in collaborating with employees within a department and across functions + Fluent with MS Office products – Project, PowerPoint, Excel, Word
Major or minor in Supply Chain Management or Logistics Management preferred + MBA
Experience with ERP system in a medium to high volume, high mix manufacturing environment + Lean Six Sigma Blackbelt certification
Experience on programs with contract values greater than $50M and on multiple proposals in excess of $50M.
Experience in Earned Value Management supporting multiple programs with contract values exceeding $25M + Demonstrated experience managing material inventories in excess of $25M. This includes government and contractor furnished material in both hard and soft pegged inventories. Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Title:Mgr Prod Plan Scheduler 2 / Material Resource Planning / ERP / SAP
THE Lubrizol Corp. Is Seeking A Material Scheduler
THE LUBRIZOL CORPORATION is a Fortune 500 chemical company and they're ranked one of the best places to work in the country!
They are currently seeking a TEMPORARY Material Scheduler for their Painesville, Ohio location!
Your Primary Responsibilities Would Include:
Establishing and updating inventory levels and stocking at terminals and warehouses
Generating a daily packing schedule
Reviewing and generating transfer orders
Additional duties as assigned
What You Can Offer:
High School Diploma or Equivalent
Minimum 2 years of experience using SAP, BW, Microsoft Excel and/or Access
Knowledge of planning and scheduling
Strong computer and clerical skills
Customer service focused
Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
Excellent interpersonal skills
Team oriented and self-motivated
Ability to multi-task, investigate, summarize and offer creative solutions
Proven ability to take initiative and work independent of supervision
Considered A Plus:
Bachelor's degree (supply change Mgmt/planning)
MRP/ERP systems knowledge
Inventory Management systems
Background in Supply chain planning and/or management
APPLY TODAY FOR THE OPPORTUNITY TO WORK FOR A FANTASTIC COMPANY!
Job Title: Material Scheduler
• Pay Rate : $30/HR
• Shift : 1st Shift
Looking for CPIM certification
• Responsible for the planning and scheduling of materials through the production schedules.
• May coordinate with purchasing, production, and engineering.
• Requires a high school diploma, bachelor degree preferred with at least 2-4 years of experience in the field or in a related area.
• Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures.
• Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
• Performs a variety of complicated tasks. May direct and lead the work of others.
• Typically reports to a manager or head of a unit/department.
• A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
Scheduler / Assistant Scheduler
The Position is responsible for helping to schedule work through the plant, assists the Master Production Scheduler and must have excellent knowledge of Composiflex production, processes, and software. Failure to perform satisfactorily may result in late deliveries, scrap, rework, delay, dissatisfied customers and added cost to the organization.
Using product delivery dates promised to or requested by customers, develops and maintains schedules of productions processes.
Monitors work-in-process, raw material allocations, scra, quality issues, and equipment and personnel availability to identify and communicate schedule related issues.
Understands capabilities and capacity and is able to modify the schedule to optimize shop efficiency and customer satisfaction.
Able to adjust schedule and accommodate reasonable customer requests and unplanned issues.
Stores and manages appropriate files and records per company policy.
Communicates effectively with all levels of the organization including Engineering, Manufacturing, Planning, Customer Service, Purchasing, Quality, etc.
Assists in compiling and updating key production information (i.e. inventory levels, component availability; part status, raw material availability, etc.)
Helps to maintain production flow.
Computer literate and understands standard computer software such as Word and Excel.
Understands MRP, orders, scheduling, expediting, etc., related to job function.
Good understanding of the BOM, job travelers, manufacturing constraints and the Rework/RMA process.
College experience preferred. High School diploma or equivalent required.
Planner Scheduler – DG Services
At MaxGen Energy Services (http://maxgenservices.com/) our Mission is to be the Industry Leader in providing Safe, Professional, and Reliable Operations & Maintenance Services to our Nation’s Clean Energy Infrastructure.
Our company has a nationwide footprint and provides central operations and field maintenance services to hundreds of asset owners in the United States. MaxGen currently manages some of the largest operating solar fleets in the country and has a distinguished reputation for safety and performance.
MaxGen also has significant experience with the development, design, installation, and maintenance of electric vehicle service equipment (EVSE) and battery energy storage systems (BESS). As an OEM service provider to many manufacturers, MaxGen has amassed industry-leading experience with EVSE and BESS installations.
This combined experience and expertise brings our customers unparalleled service, asset performance, and strong partnership in the long-term care and operation of their energy asset portfolios .
The Planner Scheduler position ensures all maintenance activities are coordinated, scheduled and executed to meet the Distributed Generation (DG) contract requirements. Efficiently and effectively deploys resources to improve technical resource productivity, eliminate waste (travel time, material delays, etc.), and lower subcontractor costs. Utilizes our Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) to plan and schedule, develop job plans for preventative maintenance, corrective maintenance, and assign work to the appropriate technical resources. Ensures materials and tools are available, appropriate parts and skill level are identified, Scope Of Work (SOW) is adequate for the work needed, and safety requirements are identified prior to work commencing. Works closely with local management, Planning & Scheduling, field service personnel, monitoring personnel, clients, and subcontractors to coordinate service activities at remote sites across the nation. Understands the interrelationships of trades and how work is performed in this service environment so that the appropriate work is prioritized and follow up on work is executed accordingly.
The following responsibilities are not limited to:
- The following responsibilities are not limited to:
- Efficiently and effectively dispatches internal technical resources and subcontractors nationwide for preventative and corrective maintenance.
- Manage short and long term service schedules and accurately report schedules and other related metrics as required.
- Works closely with Local Management, field service personnel, monitoring personnel, clients, and subcontractors to coordinate technical service activities at remote sites across the US.
- Ensures material and tools are available, appropriate parts and skill level is identified, SOW is adequate to identify all tasks for accomplishment of the work.
- Take ownership of Work Tickets from open to close to ensure they are fully executed and documented in a professional and reportable manner.
- Utilizes the CMMS system to develop job plans for repair activities and assign work to the appropriate technical resources and subcontractor.
- Ensure CMMS service information, tech/subcontractor time, material usages, etc. is complete and accurately recorded.
- Coordinate activities with other areas and departments, within the company, to ensure full utilization of resources.
Education and Experience
- Requirements (2) year degree and or Multiple years of experience as a Planner & Scheduler.
- Experience in Planning/Scheduling technical resources for commercial & Industrial (C&I) solar facilities
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Experience with CMMS such as Maximo, Salesforce Based, etc.
- Up to 15% of travel
- Available to work nights and weekends when needed
- Ability to pass a background check and Drug screen.
Production Scheduler - Packaging
Our client, a pharmaceutical company in Nassau County, is seeking a Senior Production Scheduler.
- BA/BS degree in Business, Logistics, Supply Chain or related field preferred
- 7+ years of relevant experience
- Working knowledge of Packaging Production floor
- Knowledge and understanding of packaging machinery and line capabilities
- Working experience with Oracle EBS system
- Working knowledge of Excel (Advanced), Enterprise Reporting Planning, Material Requirements Planning software
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- The ability to lead, inspire, motivate, mentor and engage employees
- Remain engaged, proactive and positive even in tough circumstances
- Own assignments and be fully accountable for their success
- Experience in regulated/cGMP environment is preferred
- Develop, publish, and maintain stable and balanced packaging schedule to meet production and sales goals.
- Act as liaison between Plant Operation and Master Planning.
- Investigate and resolve factors delaying production schedule execution
- Revise production schedule when required due to sales order changes, material shortages, and capacity constraints while collaborating with plant management personnel
- Monitor workflow and schedule plant production lines to reduce downtime, changeovers, and hours worked
- Coordinate with Quality, Planning, Production, Purchasing and Warehouse to resolve issues on the floor
- Lead Production Schedule Meeting
- Create and maintain SOPs
- Develop, track and report visual metrics, including KPI's for area; react to metrics by identifying and solving problems, making improvements and advancing process control.
- Develop and support teams that make suggestions; take initiative and actively implement improvements.
- Provide capacity planning and appropriate reports to determine equipment and staffing needs.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!