Seal - Machine Operator I
Machine Operator I
Escos, Hydropad Technician, Sub-Assembler, Lapping & Honing
Rexnord® is a $2 billion multi-platform diversified global industrial company (NYSE:RXN). Within our two platforms, we serve a wide array of growing, global end markets by offering the broadest, most reliable product portfolios and trusted brands in our industries. Within Process & Motion Control, we design, manufacture, market and service specified, highly engineered mechanical components used within complex systems where our customers' reliability requirements and the cost of failure or downtime are extremely high. Within Water Management, we design, procure, manufacture and market products that provide and enhance water quality, safety, flow control and conservation, in which customers specify our products due to performance, life cycle and project cost, and our service levels. We believe in a core business philosophy of continuous improvement that leverages the Rexnord Business System (RBS) to drive consistency and enable growth. Founded in 1892, Rexnord is headquartered in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, U.S.A. and employs approximately 7,500 associates worldwide. For more information visit: www.rexnord.com.
Aerospace Business Unit
Rexnord Aerospace supplies high performance spherical and cylindrical bearings, mechanical seals, gears and electrical components to commercial air transport markets. Our products are engineered to meet stringent requirements and are specified in engine systems, flight control systems, landing gear systems and airframe structures. Our global customer base includes major engine and airframe OEMs, tier suppliers and aircraft operators.
Perform duties to set up and operate a number of Non-CNC controlled machines and or hand tools to produce precision machined components with in a work-cell environment. Follow quality and safety rules and keep work area in a clean and orderly condition. This Position is also responsible for contributing to the improvement of safety, quality, productivity, cost, and 5S in the Machining Department.
* Work from process sheets, blueprints, setup sheets, setup cards, Gemba boards, and verbal as well as written instructions.
* Set up and operate production machines in accordance with established procedures and guidelines.
* Make adjustments to machine settings to complete tasks accurately, according to specifications and in a timely fashion.
* Use calipers, micrometers, depth and height gauges, gauging and locating fixtures, as well as other fixed and universal gauging equipment such as Sunnen gauges and plug gauges.
* Use hand tools and manual machines as needed
* Set up and/or verify preset gauges for proper calibration as required.
* Inspect own work for correct dimensions and ensure that company quality and quantity standards are maintained and complete required documentation.
* May be required to operate multiple machines.
* Rotate between various department work centers as required and perform other related duties as assigned.
* Enters data into ERP system.
* Prepare and maintain quality records.
* Supports Continuous Improvement/RBS activities.
* Follow quality and safety rules and keep work area in a clean and orderly condition.
* Perform other related duties as assigned.
* Troubleshoot and resolve various types of manufacturing issues.
* Assist Design and Manufacturing Engineering to resolve manufacturing problems.
* Work with other departments and vendors to resolve technical, logistical problems.
Hydropad Technician Operator/ Lap & Hone
Must be able to perform at least one of the following set up and operation duties metal hone, carbon hone, metal lap, carbon lap, hand polish or double face lap. A minimum of one year of previous experience with machine lapping preferred.
* Follow and maintain strictest confidentiality regarding the manufacturing processes, set up records and inspection techniques because of the proprietary nature of Hydropad project.
* Work from complex engineering drawings, specifications, and instructions to coordinate the area workflow to maintain prototype and production schedules and quality requirements
* Use computer, EMS software, optical flatness, metal/shoulder lap, diamond lap, paper polish lap, complex custom proprietary inspection and manufacturing equipment, precision measuring instruments and hand tools.
* Order, inspect, and maintain accurate EMS inventory records for all tooling.
* Solely responsible for Hydropad dimensional accuracy using complex custom proprietary inspection equipment and techniques.
Must be able to perform at least one of the following duties to prepare component parts for use in the assembly of mechanical shaft seals, such as: bead blasting, tool stamping, Teflon application hand deburring, tumble deburring, spring forming, washing and drying parts or O-ring oil slick operations.
* Remove burrs and rough surfaces from metal parts with hand file or other deburring equipment.
* Set up and operate grit and bead blasting equipment per written instructions.
* Wash and dry parts with automatic machines.
Capabilities and Success Factors
* This position requires the applicant to be a US Person with a US permanent residence. A US Person is a US Citizen or Green card holder
* Previous experience and demonstrated proficiency in operating Non-CNC manufacturing equipment preferred.
* Requires a high school diploma or its equivalent with mechanical aptitude.
* Must be able to read and interpret work instructions, blueprints and diagrams in English.
* Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job. Works under immediate supervision.
* Demonstrated ability to perform basic mathematical calculations.
* Responsible for quality of work in the work center.
* Moderate physical demand required to insert tooling, set up work centers, inspect workpieces and make machine adjustments, which is equivalent to continuously lifting or moving light weight material. Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs occasionally and stand for an entire shift.
In addition to gaining invaluable experience and having the opportunity to create a legacy, the dynamic leader we seek will be rewarded with:
* Competitive Hourly Wage
* Matching 401(k) contribution
* Discretionary Personal Reimbursement Account
* Medical Insurance
* Dental Insurance
* Vision Insurance
* Short-Term Disability Insurance
* Long-Term Disability Insurance
* Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
* Life Insurance
* Flexible Spending Accounts (Medical and Dependent Care)
* Educational Reimbursement
* Matching Gift Program
How to apply
Interested candidates may submit their resume through the Careers section at www.rexnord.com.
Rexnord associates must be in good standing for consideration for job openings. This includes satisfactory or above ratings in job performance and no corrective actions, PIP's, disciplinary issues or warnings in the last 12 months.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer:
Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Minority/Veteran/Disabled
POST JOBS FOR FREE