Hand Blender – Skill Level 3
Organization: Gas and Power
Business Unit: Service Power Generation
Requisition Number: 247962
Primary Location: United States-North Carolina-Rural Hall
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: No
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering
excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than
165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously
leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business
opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is
organized in seven Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services,
Energy Management, Building Technologies, Digital Factory, Process
Industries and Drives, and Financial Services.
Siemens is the leading service partner for ensuring high reliability and
optimal performance of rotating power equipment within the utility, oil &
gas, and industrial processing industries worldwide – as well as for wind
turbines. Siemens' extensive national network of service technicians is able
to quickly and comprehensively offer expert service to maximize the
lifecycle of power generation equipment, helping to ensure reliability and
For more information, please visit:
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years.
How can you help us shape the future?
We're looking for dedicated people wit the skills and vision to build a better tomorrow. Join our team as a blender/straighteners for our Airfoil Manufacturing group.
What is your Job Overview?
The primary purpose of this position is to set up bench and floor mounted grinding equipment, manually grind and polish surfaces of turbine blades and vanes, saw and clean blades and dimensional inspect blades and vanes. The secondary purpose of this position is to setup box gages and straighten blades.
What is the general overview and responsibilities for your job?
THE FOLLOWING ARE THE MAJOR JOB DUTIES BUT THIS JOB DESCRIPTION DOES NOT PRECLUDE THE PERFORMANCE OF OTHER DUTIES BY THE INCUMBENT.
Receive assignments, oral and/or written, from supervision.
Locate blades by order number in A-frames and manually move to work station.
Check assignment operating procedures for lineup operations and special instructions.
Resolve required tooling and fixtures; locate parts from tool crib and/or workstation.
* Set up universal packing height gauge or use standard packing height gauge to scribe or blue packing height on base of blade.
* Determine from print the packing height radius, radius around lugs, leading edge and trailing edge thickness', and tenon radii required. Using tolerance drawings, resolve tolerances for pitch thickness, inlet and exit edge thickness, and radius.
* Position master blade on sine plate and scribe each section that will be checked for pitch thickness. Set up mic stick and mark sections on each blade to be checked for pitch thickness before and after grinding.
* Mark, stamp, and/or record production information, manually or using computer equipment as indicated.
* Use designated precision measuring and testing devices (CMM, Calipers, Micrometers, etc.) to assure adherence to manufacturing and engineering specifications.
* Understand CMM reports and other dimensional data so that parts can be worked in tolerance
* Notify supervision of irregularities or equipment malfunctions.
* Deburr and clean blades and strips as directed.
* Perform routine maintenance on equipment.
* Keep work areas clean, orderly, and safe.
What are your Secondary Straightening Responsibilities?
* Position blade in box gauge. Visually check blade for bow, twist, and lean. Check relationships of lug, leading and trailing edges, and root stock.
* Remove blade from box gauge and use press and/or hand tools to bend, twist, and align blade to correct problem observed in the box gauge.
* Re-check blade in box gauge using slides, flashlight, and feeler stock to evaluate blade condition.
* Continue straightening process until blade meets the specifications set forth in manufacturing engineering's specifications.
* For second straightening, when blade meets specifications set forth in manufacturing engineering M.I.W., drill locating holes in blade as prescribed.
* Follow M.I.W. instructions and tolerances for strip and peg straightening; work to the engineering tolerance drawing for final straightening.
* Mark and/or record production information, manually or using computer equipment as indicated.
What Education/Job Knowledge Requirements do you need?
Applicants must have a minimum of High School Diploma, or GED Equivalent.
Applicants must legally be authorized to work in the United States.
Requires the ability to read, write, complete simple forms, and understand simple written instructions. Requires the ability to perform arithmetic skills such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division, including decimals and fractions. Could require simple use of formulas, charts, tables, drawings, specifications, schedules, or diagrams. Equivalent to a high school education.
* Must have successfully completed the Industrial Reading Test with a score of 70% or better.
* Must have successfully completed Shop Math Test with a score of 70% or better.
* Must have successfully completed Measuring Instruments Test with a score of 70% or better.
Siemens Gas and Power (GP) is a global pacesetter in energy, helping customers to meet the evolving demands of today's industries and societies. GP comprises broad competencies across the entire energy value chain and offers a uniquely comprehensive portfolio for utilities, independent power producers, transmission system operators and the oil and gas industry. Products, solutions and services address the extraction, processing and the transport of oil and gas as well as power generation in central and distributed thermal power plants and power transmission in grids. With global headquarters in Houston in the U.S. and more than 64,000 employees in over 80 countries, Siemens Gas and Power has a presence across the globe and is a leading innovator for the energy systems of today and tomorrow, as it has been for more than 150 years.
POST JOBS FOR FREE