Meat Grinder Job Description Sample
Manual Gear Grinder / Spline Grinder / Broach Grinder
Manual Spline Grinder / Gear Grinder / Broach Grinder
Experienced Machinist Required
2 + years machining experience with MANUAL Spline Grind machine
Must be able to produce components to specifications from blueprints and ensure proper dimensions of finished product and design requirements.
Proficient in the use of calipers and micrometers, Gage Blocks, etc.
Must be able to complete tasks accurately, according to specifications and in a timely fashion.
Ability to organize and manage multiple assignments with special attention to accuracy & detail.
MUST BE RELIABLE, Work well with others, self-motivated, team oriented and a problem solver
Strong mechanical aptitude required
Machine assembly experience a plus
We are a full service Machine and Tooling Manufacturer located in Warren, MI
Please send resume to ISI-HelpWanted@live.com
SUMMARY OF POSITION Set up, operate and adjust OD grinding machines including Dedtru, Monza, Cincinnati to grind the outer diameters of parts to a determined dimension.
Performs setup operation and adjusting of machine
Manufactures parts to set-up sheet or customer print and/or specifications
Dresses grinding wheels
May be required to set up and operate Sheffield measuring device
Assists and trains others as needed
Performs weekly housekeeping per 6S schedule
Performs weekly and monthly maintenance on machine
Performs other duties as directed by the Cell Leader or management
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
High School Diploma or GED * 2-5 years of grinding experience preferred
Knowledge of basic hand tools preferred
& ABILITIES REQUIRED * Attention to detail
Ability to read blueprints
Able to use basic hand tools
Lifting up to 40 lbs unassisted
Corrected vision of 20/20, preferred
Use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as determined for the position
Must submit to and pass background and substance abuse tests.
Must be able to provide proof of eligibility to work in the United States through eVerify.
Must adhere to the Company Code of Conduct and Core Values.
Must follow designated safety rules and regulations.
Must be able to fulfill all the requirements of this position, including requirements related to the company’s Safety, Quality and Environmental Management System Policies and procedures.
Responsible for performing duties in an environment that is free from discrimination, intimidation, coercion or harassment, including sexual harassment
Manufacturing environment: may be exposed to fumes, airborne particles, dirt, dust, disinfectants, solvents, cleaning chemicals, etc.
Must be able to work extended hours (including weekends) as necessitated by production requirements. Please send resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Location:* Bridgeport MI
Overview We are currently looking for a Precision Grinder Temporary Night Shiftto join our team! With minimum supervision operates one or more of the following precision grinding machines to grind internal and/or external surfaces of metal objects to specified dimensions and finish: center-less, cylindrical, external, internal, surface, drill, broach, saw, gear, cutter and thread grinders. Requires ability to select and use all types of grinding machines. Abrasive wheels, holding fixtures, gages, micrometers, etc. Four place tolerances may be specified. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V Responsibilities
Grinds the cutting edge on counter-bores
Grinds the cutting edge on countersink cutters
Grinds the cutting edges on hole saws and arbors
Grinds precisely the inside diameter and outside of various products
Must perform grinding wheel safety test prior to installation
Other related duties as assigned Qualifications
High School graduate or equivalent
In-house training programs participation as required to assure continuous quality improvement.
Is alert and safety conscious, thorough and conscientious
Must be able to precisely run a variety of grinding equipment such as Brown & Sharpe grinders, Cincinnati grinders, Studer grinders, Covel grinders, K. O. Lee grinders and CNC grinders such as a Walter
Must be able to read blue print with close tolerances towards degrees of cutting edge angle
Must be able to use precision measuring instruments such as calipers, micrometer and height gages Snap-on is a drug free work environment and an Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran. Job descriptions/specifications are only intended to present a descriptive summary of the range of duties, tasks, and responsibilities associated with a specified position. Therefore, descriptions/specifications may not include all duties performed by the individual. In addition, description/specifications are intended to outline the minimum qualifications necessary for entry into the position/class and do not necessarily convey the qualifications of incumbents within the position/classification. An EOE employer Job ID2017-6989
PDS Tech is looking for Grinders in Chandler, AZ. Please contact Jonas at: email@example.com or 480.212.0845
Essential Duties and
· Ensures proper machine set up, selection, and use of grinding wheels. · Removes excess coating within specified tolerances minimizing taper, chatter, or defects. · Inspects product to determine if process is complete. · Completes part router paperwork, updates tracker, and moves part to next department. · Performs daily, routine, and preventive maintenance of all tools and equipment. · Documents all issues and inform supervision. · Follows all safety rules and policies. · Completes all housekeeping tasks in work area. · Performs other duties as assigned. · Attendance is an essential job function.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: · Operates grinding machines to assemble products and produce parts to established blueprint and engineering specifications. · Grinds and blends steel to prepare for paint or powder. · Selects, mounts, attaches and calibrates a variety of attachments to grind angles, contours, lines, spheres, etc. on to surfaces. · Experience in grinding holding tolerances preferred. · Strong attention to detail, quality focused and willing to learn. · General knowledge of operating hand tools, portable power tools, and bench tools. · Ability to read and interpret written information and follow directions.
Work Experience: · 1 + years of experience with hand grinders / belt grinders. · Experience working around machinery in a manufacturing environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
We're currently looking for experienced candidates on finishing, grinding, polishing of aluminum, stainless and brass.
-Temp to hire position.
Blanchard Grinder/Blanchard Grinder Apprentice
1) Sets up and operates Blanchard grinding machines with vertical spindle and rotating table to grind flat surfaces of metal work-piece, such as steel plate, fabrications, castings and machine parts, usually for limited runs, analyzing specifications and selecting segments (tooling) according to knowledge of grinding procedures: Studies blueprint to visualize grinding to be done and plans sequence of operations.
Machinist- Precision Grinder
CYLINDRICAL & CENTERLESS GRINDERS NEEDED!!
- Grind external or internal cylindrical tapered surfaces.
- Hold close tolerance grinds between centers.
- Observe machine operations to detect problems; make necessary adjustments
- Rough and finish flat, cylindrical, and conical surfaces.
- Read and interpret charts, drawings, and blueprints.
- Determine product specifications such as dimensions, tolerances, and number of parts to be ground.
- Determine grinding speeds, feed rates, holding fixtures, and grinding wheels to be used.
- Mount grinding wheel.
- Dress wheel according to specifications.
- Utilize micrometers, calipers, dial bore gauges, and preset gauges.
- Adjust air cylinders and settings stops to set traverse lengths and feed arm strokes.
- Use proper wheel guards on all grinding machines, brush/spray lubricating compounds on workpieces, and direct flow of coolant against tools and workpieces.
Qualified candidates should call Shantele Taylor at HireCall to schedule an interview, 918.933.5555 .
Contact your local HireCall office or apply online at www.hirecall.com.
Examines and feels surface of metal to detect defects such as dents, scratches, or breaks in metal or weld.
Use variety of methods, abrasives and tools to grind and polish materials to meet blue print and/or industry specifications. Example: grind and polish flat parts to produce uniform finish, grind and polish welds to produce desired radius and finish. Use tape or other materials to cover areas that do not require blasted finish.
Direct blast of abrasive laden compressed air from a nozzle against metal object to remove discoloration and provide an even finish for stainless steel parts. Smoothes surface of item to specified finish.
Use forklift to move parts to and from fabrication shop and blast area.
Benefit package offered after direct hire.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
Pre employment drug screen.
Lift to 50# on occasion.
Skilled and Semi-Skilled Trades; Construction; Manufacturing/Industrial; Office; Professional; General Labor
Blanchard Grinder Operator
The Randolph Tool Co. is a leading diversified international company specializing in the manufacturing of Industrial Knives for the Tubing and Textile industries as well as Precision and General CNC Machining. Recognized widely for our engineering capabilities and management excellence, Randolph Tool combines unparalleled experience and capabilities across all industries. By collaborating with our customers, we help them become the best business they can be.
Applications being taken for a Blanchard grinding position. Experience a plus. Good benefits.
Tool & Cutter Grinder Operator - All Shifts
ISCAR METALS, INC., a dynamic and innovative cutting tool company has opening for a Tool & Cutter Grinder Operators - all shifts at our Arlington, Texas facility. If relocating, relocation package & sign on bonus available for the right individual.
1st shift: 7:00am – 3:30pm
2nd shift: 3:00pm – 11:30pm
3rd shift: 11:00am – 7:30pm
Responsible for operating multi-axis CNC grinders (Haas AF Multi-Grind and Ewag Compact) to produce specialty custom carbide inserts, conducting in process inspection, and continuously assuring all products are produced according to engineered specifications.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Operate multi-axis CNC grinding machines
- Grind inserts according to production drawing specifications
- Inspect inserts according to production drawing specifications
- General shop tasks - include, but are not limited to, basic machine maintenance and cleaning
- Perform other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 3-5 years of experience operating CNC grinding machines preferred
- Experience with Fanuc and/or Siemens controls preferred
- Experience with AutoCad preferred
- Ability to read and interpret production drawings
- Ability to use precision metrology equipment, to include but is not limited to, vertical comparators with DRO, vision inspection systems, microscopes, and various hand tools.
- Ability to work well independently as well as part of a team
- Diplomacy and ability to function as a member in a team environment
- Must be ability to communicate effectively
- Basic computer skills
BENEFITS WE OFFER
- Competitive Salary
- Health, Dental and Vision plans
- 401K Retirement Plan
- Paid Vacation, Holiday and Sick time
- Life and Disability Insurance
Visit us www.iscarmetals.com
Equal Employment Opportunity
ISCAR METALS, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All persons shall have the opportunity to be considered for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, non-job related handicap or disability, sex, marital status, liability service in the armed forces of the United States, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Celebrating 65 years of Innovation, Iscar is a full- line ISO 9001, QS-9000, ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001 certified manufacturer and supplier of precision carbide metalworking tools. As a result of its high quality and original products, this multinational company is a world leader in supplying metal removal products to major industries, including automotive, aerospace, dies and mold and a variety of mass production industries. Iscar continues to provide the most economical solutions for the metalworking industry. Iscar is currently represented in over 60 countries worldwide.
Iscar's growth continues as a result of innovation and providing its customers with the very latest, most efficient metal cutting technology in the world.
Our USA Headquarters, located in Arlington, Texas, houses our national distribution, customer service and special tooling manufacturing centers. Our technical center for seminars and demonstrations is also located on this campus where we frequently conduct new product and specialty seminars.
Iscar promotes creative thinking and productive teamwork to achieve its business objectives within todays competitive market place. Come join our team, where innovation never stops and job satisfaction is our goal. Iscar provides a full compensation package.
Visit us www.iscarmetals.com
Iscar Metals is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!