Mechanical Design Engineer Products Job Description Sample
Mechanical Design Engineer / Design Engineer / Mechanical Engineer
Mechanical Design Engineer
Are you a creative thinker? Are you a problem solver? Do you thrive in identifying problems and implement corrective processes? If so, then we would like to talk with you about an Mechanical Design Engineer / Design Engineer / Mechanical Engineer role.
Our client, a world leader in the engineering, development, manufacturing, distribution and service of high speed precision rotational systems is seeking an Mechanical Design Engineer / Design Engineer / Mechanical Engineer to join their team in the greater Milwaukee area. They are searching for an enthusiastic, highly motivated, self-starter with design skills to focus on product development.Mechanical Design Engineer / Design Engineer / Mechanical Engineer
· Design and/or modify design of High Speed Spindle (HSS) systems for customer applications
· Provide manufacturing and outside suppliers with technical support and documentation to produce, test, and repair complex HSS products
· Train and supervise engineering support staff and/or other engineers
· Lead technical resource for service personnel and sales force
· Suggest new products and procedures; redesign standard systems, improve “Legacy” products for better features, cost and manufacturability
· Participate on cross-functional teams to address and resolve manufacturing, design and quality problems to ensure continuous, on- going improvement of processes and methods.· Mechanical Design Engineer / Design Engineer / Mechanical Engineer
· BA in Mechanical Engineering and quality related experience with high speed rotational devices, precision manufacturing, or industrial machine tools.
· Project Management experience or training and proficient use of CAD (experience with NX and/or Co-Create is a plus)
· Strong communication, interpersonal and presentation skills
If you are committed to finding the best solutions for customers, focusing on excellent service wherever the customer requires it, with first-class support being a main concern, then the Mechanical Design Engineer / Design Engineer / Mechanical Engineer role is for you.
Aggressive salary commensurate with experience Insurance, 401K, vacation, etc….
Project Design Engineer - Electromechanical / Interconnect Products
Seeking a dynamic and proactive Project Design Engineer to develop new and existing products from concept through commercialization in shortest possible time, cost effective within budget which meet or exceed performance to generate revenue and growth for the business unit. Projects are likely to center on developing existing products globally. Manager to review designs, monitor project, and provide assistance when barriers are encountered.
Someone in this role:
- Leads new product design efforts using the Product Development Process from product concept through production.
- Provides technical support to customers, suppliers and inside personnel.
- Coordinates product activities with engineering, manufacturing, purchasing and quality using the engineering change request (ECR) procedures.
- Performs design verification activities to ensure that design meets the specifications of the customer and UL requirements. Checks manufacturing and sales drawings for completeness and accuracy.
- Uses risk reduction tools to perform FEA, model simulation etc. knowledge of material costs and costing processes to determine the impact on various designs.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- 5+ years design experience of electromechanical products.
Preferred Job Requirements:
- BSME with Minor courses or degree in Electrical Engineering.
- 10+ years of design experience of interconnect products.
Skills and Abilities:
- Proficient in solid modeling experience to generate 3D models & 2-D drawings.
- Analytical ability to apply logical reasoning, test assumptions, observe results and make corrections.
- Good interpersonal skills to work effectively with others and in a team.
- Travel will be required as necessary.
Design Engineer - Consumer Beauty Products
We are a well-established manufacturer of personal care, beauty, and health solutions products located in beautiful Huntington Beach, CA, looking for a
Consumer Products Design Engineer:
- Design & develop new products to expand our current product offering.
- Keen awareness of design trends; bring in innovative design ideas to inspire our new product lines.
- Think critically about new product concepts and ask the kinds of questions that can inspire a creative approach and improve the concept.
- Maximize cost control efficiency developing products through Design and Engineering.
- Provide engineering assistance for manufacturing and quality issues with our existing products.
- Troubleshoot problems with mechanical components and resolve engineering related quality documentation of records and drawings to ensure that quality issues and resolutions are recorded and product development information is recorded.
- Transfer and Translate product development with suppliers & international liaison.
- Document design narratives & engineering analysis
- 3-5 years of product design within durable or consumer goods
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Design, or related field.
- Experience with consumer product development and ability to bring quality, innovative, and beautiful products to market.
- Familiar with electronics and various materials: plastics, injection molded plastics, and metals.
- Experience working with fabrication firms to build prototypes and designing products for manufacturing.
- Proficient use and expert knowledge of SolidWorks and 3D printing.
- Detail oriented and organizationally focused.
- Excellent computer skills; proficient in MS Excel, Outlook, SolidWorks, CAD, and other essential software programs.
- Previous manager experience preferred.
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Profit Sharing
- Medical, dental, and vision.
- Paid Holidays
If you have the qualifications outlined above and are interested in working for an innovative, dynamic, and distinguished company, then we want to hear from you!
Design Engineer - Retail Products
Duties and responsibilities
- Researches and development of components, mechanisms and designs that can be applied to consumer products in development.
- Develops concepts, design drawings, prototypes, material specifications and testing methods.
- Assigns component and assembly ID’s and develop BOM’s.
- Performs patent research to ensure protection of intellectual property while understanding all IP related matters.
- Maintains accountability of product designs by redesigning as needed and achieves resolutions for design issues while working with QA to a successful outcome.
- Ensures that designs meet feature and cost requirements established by marketing.
- Reviews existing designs and recommends design improvements, which includes simplified designs, reduced manufacturing lead times and cost, as well as maintaining product feature requirements.
- Builds and tests prototypes ensuring product meet all requirements of testing method criteria.
- Conducts comparative analysis and testing on competitive products.
- Conducts product design reviews and prototype reviews with R&D Team, Marketing and sales.
- Works with outside testers and consultants to evaluate products design, tooling, functionality and application.
- Works closely with engineering manager, marketing and China manufactures to create the final product according to specifications and requirements.
- Assists in new product launches which will include travel to factories outside the US:
- Production Tooling development tracking & review
- Pre-production component inspection and review
- 1st production Run inspection and review
- Other duties as assigned
Skills and Qualifications include:
- College Degree in Engineering field ( BSME preferred)
- Knowledge of QA Principals and Practices
- 2 to 3 years of experience in : plastic injection molding, metal stamping, die casting, extrusions, metal fabrication or powdered metal manufacturing
- Knowledge and proficiency in MS Office a must
- Strong Proficiency in Solidworks (preferred)
- Knowledge/experience in any of the following: plastic injection molding, metal stamping, die casting, extrusions, metal fabrication an powdered metal fabrication
- High Attention to detail and ability to multi task in a fast paced environment
- Capable of creating component and assembly design from initial concept through production
- Great problem analysis and solving
- Excellent Research and documentation skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Must have exceptional skills in record keeping and documentation
- Ability to meet deadlines without compromising consistency in the process
- Experience in dealing and handling sensitive information
- Ability to work under pressure
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Good understanding of Milescraft’s products
- Knowledge and ability to collaborate with the other departments
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must demonstrate enthusiasm about the role and stay updated with competitive offerings
- Must be able to lift and move up to 50 lbs.
- Position requires occasional travel (CHINA) and/or work outside of normal business hours, including weekends, evenings and overtime
- Working knowledge of measuring instruments and inspection of parts, assemblies and finished goods
- Ability to work with power tools and other equipment as needed
- Must be mechanically inclined
Experienced Mechanical Engineer - Refrigeration Products
B/E Aerospace, a wholly owned subsidiary of Rockwell Collins Inc., is a leading manufacturer of aircraft interior products and solutions. For more information, visit the B/E Aerospace website at www.beaerospace.com B/E Aerospace - Anaheim manufactures nearly all galley air chillers and refrigeration insert equipment currently used by airline operators throughout the world. With over 30 years of experience, B/E Anaheim has designed and certified the broadest range of refrigeration and chiller products to suit multiple commercial and military aircraft platforms. As a reflection of our strict quality standards and adept product support program, products manufactured by B/E Anaheim achieve the market’s highest reliability levels and customer satisfaction ratings. The strength lies in the strong teamwork seen throughout all levels of the facility. We are the industry leader in new product development in fields such as advanced compressor design, thermoelectric devices application and other complimentary galley products in coordination with other B/E Aerospace facilities. As a leader in the aerospace industry, we are growing rapidly and have a number of exciting positions available right now, including a Mechanical Engineer in our Refrigeration Products business located in Anaheim, CA. JOB SUMMARY Reporting to the Engineering Manager, the successful candidate will perform complex assignments often requiring development of new or improved products/processes/techniques. You will assess the feasibility and soundness of proposed engineering tests/products/equipment. The position also requires an ability to interpret, on a broad basis, the principles, theories, and concepts of an engineering specialty. JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
Develop and evaluate plans and criteria for a variety of projects and activities including delegation to others.
Drive test requirements.
Conduct Stress and Thermal analysis to include stress modeling.
Adhere to new product development methodology utilizing a phase gate approach in the development of new products for major airframe manufacturers.
Prepare engineering development proposals and feasibility studies.
Coordinate efforts at all levels with other units of the company, including Engineering, Manufacturing, Marketing, etc.
Develop new components and systems to support aerospace product line.
Follow through on experimental designs to correct design deficiencies and make improvements.
Provide regular status updates and progress reports for assigned programs.
Originate required documentation for projects i.e, ATP, QTP, QBSA, QTR, Tolerance Analysis, etc.
Perform other related duties as required. MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS:
A Bachelor's degree in Mechanical, Aerospace or other related Engineering degree from a four-year college or university
Eight (8) years of related mechanical engineering experience or equivalent combination of education and Aerospace experience
Two (2) years of experience in the Aerospace Industry
Hands-on experience in design and development of mechanical systems such as small pumps, actuators, refrigeration systems, motors, valves and heat exchangers.
Experience scheduling and executing development projects from prototyping through entry into service.
Familiarity using a stage gate process to meet performance, cost, and schedule requirements.
Experience with various manufacturing processes i.e. Sheet metal, tube bend, brazing, machining, etc.
Ability to interpret mechanical and fundamental electrical engineering principles, theories, and concepts centered around airborne refrigeration equipment. PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:
Direct experience with refrigeration and heat exchangers within the aerospace industry
Experience with 3D modeling software, UG preferred
Experience with Qualification Test Programs for Boeing & Airbus programs highly desired The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed descriptions of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Sr Product Design Development Engineer Hvac Products
Experience in combustion design/ emissions, combustion performance, thermal analysis, fluid mechanics, instrumentation and testing with a Manufacturing organization.
Designing and Development heat exchangers in a high volume low cost market for manufacturing.
New and innovative designs of thermal equipment for practical residential and commercial products.
Designing and building prototypes for the Thermal Fluids industry
Experience in sheet metal, injection molded, machined, and cast parts
CFD and FEA simulation
Manufacturing costs and reliability are key important design parameters to successfully obtain sales to the manufacturing industry.
Mechanical Engineer / Design Engineer / Machine Designer
Mechanical Engineer / Design Engineer / Machine Designer
Are you a creative thinker? Do you like variety in your job? Do you enjoy a fast paced environment? Can you lead a project? If so, R+D Custom Automation would like to talk with you about a Mechanical Engineer / Design Engineer / Machine Designer role.
R + D Custom Automation, a leading manufacturer of custom automation equipment, is currently looking for a Mechanical Engineer / Design Engineer / Machine Designer to join our team. We are searching for a highly motivated, self- starter who has a passion for Mechanical Engineering and wants to develop these skills in the Medical/Pharmaceutical and Consumer goods industries.
Mechanical Engineer / Design Engineer / Machine Designer Opportunities:
· Application Engineering.
· Researches and analyzes requirements to determine feasibility of design.
· Design and Engineering from concept through implementation.
· Oversees build and debug activities to ensure products conform to customer specifications.
· Managing all aspects of project execution.
Mechanical Engineer / Design Engineer / Machine Designer
· Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or comparable knowledge/experience required.
· Three to five years of systems development experience required.
· Proficient in Solidworks including technical expertise in 3D modeling and solid modeling.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to read and interpret technical specifications, blueprints, etc.
Salary is commensurate with experience. We offer attractive, competitive compensation, excellent benefits, 401k, bonus and profit sharing programs.
To take the next step in the process for the Mechanical Engineer / Design Engineer / Machine Designer role, copy/paste and open the following URL link into a new browser and follow the instructions.
To learn more about our company, visit our website http://rdcustomautomation.com/
Product Design Engineer Mechanical
Designing and developing product concepts for the exercise equipment industry using Solid Works modeling software and directing the prototype shop through the prototyping process and completing a final Solid Works manufacturing package. A hands on mechanical aptitude is essential to success in this position and the ability to cooperatively interact with skilled metal fabrication craftsmen and manufacturing engineers.
Senior Mechanical Engineer / Mechanical Design Engineer
Airflow and thermal analysis, mechanical design, metal fabrication, assembly, testing, agency approvals and more constitute the scope of our efforts. BSME is desired but not required, as experience, technical wisdom, depth of thought and product innovation are the currencies that matter with us. Outstanding performance results in best in industry compensation.
Mechanical Design Engineer
The Mechanical Design Engineer possesses an understanding of system engineering processes and ensures that fluidic components, modules, and subsystems are successfully integrated into life science instrumentation products (e.g. gene sequencing, hemotology).
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
Expand, support and initiate long term technical relationships with key OEM customers
Manage OEMs by providing custom design of innovative solutions, technical support, validation testing and reports, and maintaining ongoing communications
Work with NPD engineering in the development of new and/or revised product according to customer requirements
Manage the transition of new or customized products into manufacturing
Provide timely reports summarizing findings on a given product, project or territory
Provide technical training of customers in products, applications, and best practices as required
Assist and train sales team in adapting current and new products to customer need and satisfaction
Create custom costing and life cycle validation data to support products as required
Investigate market needs for innovative products and communicate them to NPD engineering for product development
Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s Degree required in Bio Medical or Mechanical Engineering
2 – 5 years experience
Strong verbal and written communications skills
Product Design or Support experience
Project Management and Leadership Skills
3D CAD experience
Ability to work independently
Technical Knowledge and experience with fluid systems and components
FEA, Fluidics, and Thermal Analysis
Experience with IVD and/or analytical chemistry instrumentation
Experience with piston pumps, diaphragm, and/or pinch valves
Regulatory experience (FDA, UL, CSA, CE)
Experience working in the medical manufacturing environment
Electrical background in control and/or sensor implementation
This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities at this time, but the desire to advance into management is preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit or stand. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls and to climb or balance. The employee is occasionally required to walk; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; and talk or hear.
The employee must be able to lift and move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday 8:00 am – 5:00 pm or as determined by project needs.
This position requires 20% - 30% travel.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
As a customer-focused company dedicated to precise performance from its people and products, we build long-term relationships on trust by exceeding expectations in every aspect of our supplier-customer interaction.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!