Mechanical Engineer Job Description Sample
- Main customer interface on technical issues (mechanical and process focused).
- Actively plan and lead mechanical project engineering and design activities for respective project.
- Enforce adherence to established customer specifications.
- Enforce project team use of internal processes and procedures.
- Actively lead engineering resources to maintain project schedule and budget requirements.
Project Inputs (include, but not limited to):
Customer request for quote, vendor quotations, proposal, cost estimates, standard solution offerings, previous things gone right/things gone wrong, R&M data, customer / industry specifications, etc.
Deliver document requirements per established methods, oversee the completion and effective use of:
System / cell Layout’s, project job books, project open issue’s list, master bill of material / procurement plan for purchasing, equipment functional specification, sequence of operations / time cycle diagram, detailed and specific request for quotes, evaluate and source equipment, project quality documentation (PFMEA, FMEA, etc.), mechanical to controls line-up, internal concept / design reviews within and with customer, manufacturing line-up, equipment buy-off @ vendor facility for external sourced equipment prior to delivery to , support manufacturing equipment build on floor, participate in internal equipment run-off prior to customer run-off, participate in final customer run-off participate in equipment run-off @ customer’s facility, provide final documentation per proposal, & participate in project things gone right / things gone wrong.
May include 2-4 days of meetings at customer site per month & 5-6 weeks field investigation and installation support per year.
Expected Work Week:
45 – 55 hours
Key Measurements for this Position:
- Ability to meet project schedule
- Ability to work within project team or as an individual
- Ability to lead others
- Ability to meet project budgets
- Customer satisfaction
- Ability to minimize rework due to engineering errors
- Direct; none
- Indirect; 1 - 3 (includes external design resources)
- Functional; Coordinate with Project Management, Proposal Engineering, Controls Engineering, Supply Chain Management, Manufacturing, Finance, Senior Management, etc.
Challenges: (Used only for internal purposes - area should not be posted within the job description)
- Hit the ground running with a dynamic . Personal commitment required to take responsibility for assigned projects with a do what it takes attitude.
- Thrive in a challenging and demanding environment where customer expectations continue to grow and equipment lead times continue to fall.
- Handle multiple projects at one time with conflicting time frames while managing internal and external resources to complete the project or task on time and within budget
5+ years in the Process and Automation field (3 years minimum)
Proven track record in the Automation or Powertrain Assembly field as a lead project / process engineer
Proven track record in leading cross-function project team which includes internal and external resources
Proven ability to build strong customer relationships through demonstrating technical expertise in the Automation or Powertrain Assembly field
Proficient in the following:
- AutoCAD 2014, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft Project, R&M / Quality training, solid problem solving skills, presentation skills, and career development in the automotive industry
Preferred, not required:
- SolidWorks, 3D CAD package, and SAP
Personal responsibility for project completion (show work commitment, drive for results, high energy, self motivated).
Establish plans and manage execution per project timing
Excellent organizational skills
Foster open communication
Personal awareness of own ability
Acts with integrity
Mechanical Engineer - Boston, MA
Data Center / Mission Critical Facility design experience a Huge Plus!
- Create designs and plans, provided and gather specifications, and execute assignments in a multidisciplinary mechanical engineering design role for complex facility design projects.
- Create Conceptual Designs gathered from meeting with the client.
- Oversee Commissioning Process as needed
- Work with Business Development Team to respond to RFPs as needed
- Represent the company in project meetings.
- 3-7years experience
- PE or EIT a plus
- LEED a plus.
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Experience with Mechanical Systems ( HVAC , CFD ( Fluid Dynamics ), Boilers , Chillers , Pumps , CRAC / CRAH Units , Air Handling Units , etc. ).
- Revit experience a Plus
- Familiar with the design process of building systems for mission critical projects.
- Effective Communicator – emails, phone and face to face.
- Ability to work independently.
- Computer savvy: MS Project,
Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org ( resume at pkaza dot com ) with in 11398184 the subject. After applying, if you have further questions, you may call 973-895-5200 and ask for Iggy. You can also submit via our career portal and take a look at other Critical Facility openings we are working on at, https://jobs.pkaza.com
If you are in Data Center Facilities but this opportunity is not what you are looking for let’s still talk. New openings are coming in weekly and others we are not allowed to post. We also not only keep leads confidential but pay for referrals as well.
Company offers competitive salaries and benefits package including medical insurance, a 401(k) plan.
EOE/AA Employer M/F/D/V
Peter Kazella & Associates Inc / Pkaza is a third party employment firm. All fees assessed by Pkaza will be paid by our employer that we represent and not by the candidate.
- Work in interdisciplinary teams to provide the best solution in the fewest iterations.
- Design sensor mounting elements to provide proper stability, protection, and field-of-view.
- Design mechanisms/brackets and hardware to convert traditionally controlled vehicles to drive-by-wire control.
- Design electronics enclosures to protect sensitive PCB assemblies.
- Analyze designs for safety, feasibility, robustness and ease-of-use.
- Work with suppliers to procure and properly specify commercial-off-the-shelf components.
- Fully document designs and create manufacturing drawings for in house and supplier fabrication.
- Employee will be expected to occasionally travel domestically and possibly internationally.
- 3+ years of related experience and training required
- B.S. or M.S. in Mechanical Engineering
- Demonstrated experience with SolidWorks
- Willingness to travel
- Excellent technical documentation skills (design reviews, fabrication drawings, assembly drawings)
- Ability to interface with customers
- Motivated self-starter who is detail-oriented, organized and has excellent communication skills
- Experience in the following areas is desired:
- Taking a prototype to production
- Designing for: sheet metal, machining, rapid prototyping, injection molding
- Direct experience with equipment
- Experience working in the automotive industry
- Experience with new product introduction
- Designing a manufacturable product
- Production documentation
- Working with potential suppliers and customers
- Heavy machine experience
Mechanical Engineer- Dallas, TX
Data Center Critical Facility Experience a MUST
- Create designs and plans, provided and gather specifications, and execute assignments in a multidisciplinary mechanical engineering design role for small to medium sized data center facility design projects.
- Create Conceptual Designs gathered from meetings with the client for Field Engineer focus
- Production Engineering also available if field work is not your thing
- Work with Management to respond to RFPs.
- Establish project objectives, policies, procedures and performance standards within boundaries of company policies. Put these in clear concise work statement for the field.
- Represent the company in project meetings as needed.
- 3-7 years experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Licensed PE a Plus
- LEED AP a plus
- Revit experience a Plus
- Experience with Mechanical Systems such as chillers, cooling towers, AHUs, and CRAC units a MUST
- Experience working on complex facilities design or for Data Centers Mission Critical projects a Must
- Ability to successfully work independently
- Self Starter, self motivated, and should prioritize well.
Please send any interests or resumes: email@example.com ( resume at pkaza dot com ) with 11230322 in the subject. After applying, if you have further questions, you may call 973-895-5200 and ask for Iggy. You can also submit via our career portal and take a look at other Critical Facility openings we are working on at, https://jobs.pkaza.com
If you are in Data Center Facilities but this opportunity is not what you are looking for let’s still talk. New openings are coming in weekly and others we are not allowed to post.
We also not only keep leads confidential but pay for referrals as well.
Company offers competitive salaries plus benefits. EEO/AA Employer M/F/D/V
The Mechanical Engineer is responsible for the detailed mechanical design, project management and coordination of Safe Fleet products as assigned by the Engineering Director/ Manager.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Core duties and responsibilities include the following:
Integrate newly designed products into the manufacturing area. Assist in the training of plant personnel in the assembly of new products. Work with the team to seamlessly integrate new product concepts into the manufacturing process by providing direct engineering support.
Utilize robust project management tools to enable effective product launch through all phases of the product development and integration stages.
Sufficiently interface with customers and suppliers in order to develop working knowledge of products and processes,
Use working knowledge of customer and suppliers to assist in the development of design concepts into marketable products which may be modified to specific customer usage.
Support company profit goals by demonstrating a sound knowledge of engineering methods enabling improved designs that improve material utilization or improve manufacturing throughput.
Display working proficiency of related CAD software as well as company ERP system.
Provide direct project support as assigned for new projects and meet all customer and internal time lines through the effective use of engineering and project management tools.
Performs other related tasks assigned by the Engineering Director/ Manager.
- No supervisory responsibility.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data;
- Generates creative solutions; Translates concepts and information into images;
- Problem Solving
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully;
- Project Management
- Develops project plans; Coordinates projects;
- Technical Skills
- Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills;
- Customer Service
- Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs;
- Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests;
- Exhibits confidence in self and others;
- Quality Management
- Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- Organizational Support
- Follows policies and procedures;
- Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently;
- Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure;
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality;
- Safety and Security
- Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments;
- Volunteers readily; Undertakes self-development activities;
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position must be able to communicate at all levels and in all departments of the company. He/she must demonstrate a mature and professional acceptance and handling of responsibilities. There must be an unquenchable desire to succeed with minimal direct supervision.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree (B.S.) or equivalent; 3-5 years of experience.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
Good experience in engineering software packages, design processes, organizational methods, project management / planning and cost analysis.
- Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts such as exponents, logarithms, quadratic equations, and permutations. Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory, and factor analysis.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- May use computer-assisted engineering and design software.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to airborne particles; and risk of electrical shock.
The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions (non-weather); working near moving mechanical parts; outdoor weather conditions; extreme cold (non-weather) and extreme heat (non-weather).
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Alcoa (NYSE: AA) is a global industry leader in bauxite, alumina and aluminum products, with a strong portfolio of value-added cast and rolled products and substantial energy assets. Alcoa is built on a foundation of strong values and operating excellence dating back nearly 130 years to the world-changing discovery that made aluminum an affordable and vital part of modern life. Since inventing the aluminum industry, and throughout our history, our talented Alcoans have followed on with breakthrough innovations and best practices that have led to efficiency, safety, sustainability and stronger communities wherever we operate.
Under the direction of technical leadership, the applicant will provide Mechanical Engineering support for various production lines and supporting facilities. This position is located at the Warrick Operations plant, located just outside of Newburgh, Indiana. This support involves using mechanical experience and classroom knowledge to provide daily trouble-shooting, project design and execution, equipment and service selection and specification, advice and assistance to maintenance personnel to improve uptime and equipment reliability, and adherence to regulatory and Alcoa EHS requirements. Daily duties are performed in a "hands on" environment and include, but are not limited to, providing on-call response to restore flow and developing and implementing countermeasures to prevent problem recurrence.
Providing day-to-day technical advice, problem solving and support to operations and maintenance by applying engineering principles, ABS and reliability tools to drive problems to root cause.
Initiating and/or implementing improvement projects including engineering solutions to eliminate safety and quality concerns, repetitive equipment failures and other major and minor issues.
Managing capital project requests, schedules, costs, etc.
Ensuring compliance of project work with appropriate engineering standards.
Identifying and/or implementing new ideas and cost reduction opportunities.
Identifying and addressing obsolescence issues with existing equipment.
Creating, maintaining, and updating equipment files and drawings.
Developing preventative/predictive programs/systems to improve process and equipment performance.
Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering from an accredited college/university.
Minimum of 2 years experience in an industrial environment
Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
5 or more years working in an industrial environment
Experience in product and process failure analysis and an understanding of world class manufacturing techniques such as lean manufacturing, JIT, SPC, TQM, etc.
Strong maintenance background.
Strong written and oral communications skills.
Ability to work with cross functional teams.
Proficient problem solving and creative thinking skills.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
|JOB TITLE:||Mechanical Engineer||DATE REVISED:||5/30/2018|
|CLASSIFICATION:||Full Time||Job No.:|
|REPORTS TO:||Engineering |
The Mechanical Engineer, under the direction of the Engineering Manager, researches, develops, plans, and designs mechanical and electromechanical products and systems possibly involving nanotechnology.
- Oversee and coordinate activities involved in fabrication, operation, application, installation, and repair of mechanical or electromechanical products and systems
- Activities may involve but are not limited to electric generators, internal combustion engines, and steam and gas turbines, power-using machines such as refrigeration and air-conditioning equipment, machine tools, and material handling systems
- Develop alternative designs using Computer-Aided Design (CAD)
- Perform detailed calculations to establish standards and specifications; perform initial and ongoing design reviews
- Submit a scope of work for each project that includes budgetary numbers and the goal for each project
- Collaborate with Project Managers to develop an accurate accounting of all engineering hours required for various types of internal projects
- Utilize blueprints, wiring diagrams, and manufacturer’s installation manuals to complete assigned projects
- Complete work orders and record material utilized on jobs
- Conduct system evaluations and make appropriate recommendations to modify designs or repair equipment as needed; run/test computer programs, connect computer jacks and plugs, and test for adequate operation
- Research and analyze data determining feasibility of design application for customer proposal
- Design products or systems, such as instruments, controls, robots, engines, machines, and mechanical, thermal, hydraulic, or heat transfer systems, applying knowledge of engineering principles
- Plan and oversee engineering personnel in fabrication of test control apparatus and equipment, and development of methods and procedures for testing products or systems
- Direct and coordinate fabrication and installation activities to ensure products and systems conform to engineering design and customer specifications
- Coordinate operation, maintenance, and repair activities to obtain optimum utilization of machines and equipment; identify and recommend system improvements to improve technical performance
- May design products and systems to interface machines, hardware, and software
- May evaluate field installations and recommend design modifications to eliminate machines or system malfunctions and ensure compliance with design and equipment specifications and safety standards
- Support production department with product development and testing; provide quality assurance for ongoing projects
- Additional cross-functional duties as needed
- A bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering
- 2 years minimum professional practical mechanical engineering experience
- 2 years minimum transportation, engines, or battery experience
- Spend long hours sitting and using office equipment and computers. The Office Support Worker may also have to do some light lifting of supplies and materials from time to time.
- Carry, pull and push up to 50 pounds of dead weight
- Climb up and down a ladder
- Sit, stand stoop, kneel, squat, crouch and or crawl
- Twist or turn in confined spaces
- Dental / Vision
- Long and Short Disability
- Life Insurance
- 401K Benefits w a company match
- Tuition Reimbursement
We are drug free workplace that conducts pre-employment physicals and drug screenings. We are regulated by the department of transportation and will be conducting random drug testing at regular intervals.
You may apply for a position with D/T Carson Enterprises using one of the following methods:
Option 1: Apply directly online: http://completecoach.catsone.com/careers/
Option 2: Schedule your interview directly with our corporate recruiter via phone or email
- 800-300-3751 / firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1863 Service Court, Riverside, CA 92507
You will serve as a Facility Mechanical Engineer in the Engineering Management Branch supporting the planning and designing of various aspects of institutional facility mechanical projects from concept to completion. You will support critical projects that are essential to the success of the various research programs, as well as, ensuring the health and safety of employees at the NASA Glenn Research Center.
Learn more about this agency
At the GS-9 grade level, the employee works under closer guidance of the supervisor or more senior mechanical engineering personnel.
Responsible for the overall design, operation, analysis, maintenance, and upgrade of institutional infrastructure and central process system mechanical systems.
Produces design documentation such as AutoCAD drawings, construction specifications, calculations, implementation plans and catalog cut sheets.
Design work includes mechanical systems such as HVAC, plumbing, cooling towers, chilled water systems, natural gas systems, steam systems, combustion air systems, refrigerated air systems, altitude and atmospheric exhaust systems, service air systems, and fire suppression systems.
Provides technical assistance in the review of design objectives to meet project needs and requirements.
Provides routine suggestions in the review of design development, and evaluation of various systems for assigned projects.
Supports the preparation of mechanical designs including complete and detailed designs, drawings, and specifications for projects.
Performs fundamental, basic reviews of professional studies, research, and analysis.
Provides technical assistance in the development of projects or project guidance or directives in areas such as HVAC, plumbing, cooling towers, chilled water systems, natural gas systems, steam systems, combustion air systems, refrigerated air systems, altitude and atmospheric exhaust systems, service air systems, and fire suppression systems.
Monitors contractor efforts and reviews technical progress in relation to the established schedule and resources allotted.
Occasional travel - Travel may be required for training or other work-related duties
- Job family (Series)
0830 Mechanical Engineering
HelpRequirements Conditions of Employment
Selectee must complete a financial disclosure statement
U.S. Citizenship is required.
As identical vacancies are identified across the Center additional selections may be made from this announcement.
You must meet qualifications requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
This a bargaining unit position (i.e. covered under labor/management agreement)
Please Note: The salary for selectee will be set at the Step 1 of the General Schedule and is non-negotiable unless Highest Previous Rate rules apply. (GS-9 Step 1 salary of $57,015 or GS-11 Step 1 salary of $63,717).
To receive consideration, you must submit a resume and answer NASA-specific questions. The NASA questions appear after you submit your resume and are transferred to the NASA web site. If you successfully apply, USAJOBS will show your application status as 'Received'. If your status is 'Application Status Not Available', you have not successfully applied. Do not rely on a USAJOBS email to confirm successful application. Only an email from NASA confirms a successful application.
In order to qualify for this position you must meet Basic Education Requirement
You must have successfully completed an undergraduate or graduate degree with a major in either a) engineering from a college or university that has ABET accredited engineering programs or b) Physical Science, Mathematics, Life Science, Computer Science, Other fields of science. Degrees in engineering technology are not considered to be qualifying for this position.
The degree must have been received in the year of, or any year subsequent to the original date of accreditation.
To find out if a school has an ABET accreditation, go to
ABET accredited schools
You must list your majors, related coursework, and GPA.
Additional Qualification Requirements : In addition to meeting the Basic Education Requirements you must meet the following qualification requirements:
Qualifications for the GS-9:
1.Have one year of professional, directly related specialized experience equivalent to the GS-7 level in the Federal service assisting in designing, construction and servicing of mechanical systems in institutional infrastructure; especially HVAC and plumbing systems.
2.Completed all requirements for a master's or equivalent graduate degree in an appropriate field.
3.Completed 2 full academic years of graduate education in an appropriate field.
4.Have an equivalent combination of experience and graduate study as discussed in 1, 2 and 3 above.
Qualifications for the GS-11:
1.Have one year of professional, directly related specialized experience equivalent to the GS-9 level in the Federal service developing detailed designs of mechanical systems in institutional infrastructure; and constructing and servicing the mechanical systems, especially HVAC, plumbing and steam systems in institutional infrastructure.
2.Completed all requirements for a doctoral degree (i.e., Ph.D. or equivalent) in an appropriate field.
3.Completed 3 full academic years of graduate education in an appropriate field.
4.Have an equivalent combination of experience and graduate education as discussed in 1, 2 and 3 above.
Required college majors for applicants qualifying on the basis of undergraduate or graduate education only:
Aeronautical Engineering, Aeronautics, Aerospace Engineering, Architecture, Astronautical Engineering, Ceramic Engineering, Ceramics, Chemical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Electronics Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Materials Engineering, Applied Mechanics, Engineering Mechanics, Mechanical Engineering, Metallurgical Engineering, Nuclear Engineering, Nuclear Engineering Physics, Optical Engineering, Structural Engineering, Welding Engineering. Other majors will qualify if the major includes or is supplemented as follows: Astronautics, Biomedical Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Geology, Materials Science, Mathematics (Pure or Applied), Metallurgy, Physics, Applied Physics, Engineering Physics (or other related field), if includes or is supplemented by 12 semester hours (or the equivalent) in appropriate physical science or engineering courses.
ABET accreditation requirement applies to foreign education. Applicants who have completed part or all of their education outside the U.S. must have their foreign education evaluated by an accredited organization to ensure that the foreign education is comparable to the education received in accredited educational institutions in the U.S. If selected, a written evaluation of any foreign education must be provided to the Human Resources official making the offer. Please indicate in your resume that you have had your foreign education formally evaluated. Failure to provide this evaluation will result in your being found unqualified for the position.
CannonDesign has an exciting opportunity for an entry level Mechanical Engineer based in our Chicago office. We are an integrated global design firm that unites a dynamic team of architects, engineers, strategists, futurists, researchers, and industry specialists driven by a singular goal - to help solve our clients' and society's greatest challenges.
This entry-level position will be a member of our multi-disciplinary team. Projects include new construction and renovation in educational, healthcare, sports, corporate commercial and science and technology. Primary responsibilities will include the following:
Mechanical design of ductwork, piping, controls and equipment selection for HVAC.Preparation of documents and reports from concept design through advanced technical design documentation.Assist in the review and markup of shop drawing submittals.Recommend ways to improve process, quality and coordination efforts.May visit job site to verify existing conditions and observe construction progress. Site visits frequently require a physical walk-through of site. Qualified candidates must have a Bachelor in Mechanical Engineering or Bachelor of Architectural Engineering (Mechanical Systems focus) by hire date.
Coursework in building systems engineering. Related student internship work experience preferred. Experience in computer applications for engineering design programs (i.e.
Revit MEP, Trane Trace. eQuest) preferred. E.I.T., LEED accreditation preferred. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Able to effectively handle multiple projects. Click on apply now to upload your resume and portfolio. As a condition of employment, all CannonDesigners are expected to complete mandatory training, including compliance training, within the required timeframes.
All CannonDesigners are also expected, as a condition of employment, to adhere to our internal policies and our Code of Conduct. CannonDesign recognizes the value of diversity in our workforce. We are committed to equal opportunity.
We consider all qualified employment applicants without regard to race, religion, color, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, partnership status, protected veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Individuals who hold legal work authorization applicable to employment at CannonDesign in the United States will be considered without regard to citizenship/alienage.
As a Mechanical Engineer at Facebook Reality Labs(FRL), you will develop state of the art prototype structures, mechanisms, and solutions for next generation near to eye display (NED) and Imaging Systems to create transformative experiences. You will become part of a team exploring new concepts through analytical modeling and fast iterative prototyping. A wide range of approaches will be explored combining electrical, mechanical, optical, firmware, and software techniques. We want people who work well in teams; can brainstorm big ideas; work in new technology areas; able to drive a concept into a prototype; and can envision how a prototype could transition into a high-volume consumer product.
Starting with a broad scientific background, be willing to become a quick expert in a new area, and quickly build new prototypes using novel materials and/or by integrating structures in new ways leveraging a strong mechanical background. Frequently only one or two design facets will be new so you'll be in a supporting role; sometimes, the mechanics will be new and you'll be the star.
- Lead Mechanical Engineering activities in cross-functional team environment.
Model, build, test, and refine prototypes while thinking about how it would scale to higher volumes.
Participate on a research team providing advice/guidance/insights to your peers in your area(s) of expertise.
Apply rigorous engineering and tolerance techniques to high precision design requirements in the areas of Optics, Mechanics, and Motion Control.
- BS in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
8+ years of experience working on high precision ME designs in optics, mechanism, or mechatronics.
Experience with GD&T (Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing) techniques and knowledge associated metrology approaches.
Experience in Testing and analysis (FEA, Simulation).
Knowledge of manufacturing techniques (Machining, 3D printing, injection molding, etc.).
Experience in 3D design modeling (SolidWorks is our standard) and physical prototyping.
- 10+ years of proven product design/prototyping and R&D experience, including full systems ownership.
Experience defining and refining designs for wearable devices.
Experience with mechanical and optics metrology devices such as CMM, OMM, interferometry.
Knowledge of optics component mounting, interfaces, and adhesive bonding.
Knowledge of materials and structural modeling/optimization.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!