Mechanical Engineer Job Description Sample
Mechanical Engineer - Boston, MA
Data Center / Mission Critical Facility design experience a Huge Plus!
- Create designs and plans, provided and gather specifications, and execute assignments in a multidisciplinary mechanical engineering design role for complex facility design projects.
- Create Conceptual Designs gathered from meeting with the client.
- Oversee Commissioning Process as needed
- Work with Business Development Team to respond to RFPs as needed
- Represent the company in project meetings.
- 3-7years experience
- PE or EIT a plus
- LEED a plus.
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Experience with Mechanical Systems ( HVAC , CFD ( Fluid Dynamics ), Boilers , Chillers , Pumps , CRAC / CRAH Units , Air Handling Units , etc. ).
- Revit experience a Plus
- Familiar with the design process of building systems for mission critical projects.
- Effective Communicator – emails, phone and face to face.
- Ability to work independently.
- Computer savvy: MS Project,
Please send resumes to email@example.com ( resume at pkaza dot com ) with in 11823943 the subject. After applying, if you have further questions, you may call 973-895-5200 and ask for Iggy. You can also submit via our career portal and take a look at other Critical Facility openings we are working on at, https://jobs.pkaza.com
If you are in Data Center Facilities but this opportunity is not what you are looking for let’s still talk. New openings are coming in weekly and others we are not allowed to post. We also not only keep leads confidential but pay for referrals as well.
Company offers competitive salaries and benefits package including medical insurance, a 401(k) plan.
EOE/AA Employer M/F/D/V
Peter Kazella & Associates Inc / Pkaza is a third party employment firm. All fees assessed by Pkaza will be paid by our employer that we represent and not by the candidate.
REQUIRED: B.S. degree or higher in mechanical engineering or closely related field; at least five years' relevant experience working with tokamaks, magnets, or similar complex mechanical systems; ability to design the tooling, components, support structures, and measurement equipment needed in the fabrication of magnets and other components; to write clear procedures, document test results, and present findings for critical review in team meetings; demonstrated ability to master and quickly contribute to complex engineering projects while maintaining aggressive schedules; experience with modern, commercial 3D modeling tools and FEA electromechanical simulation tools; excellent communication skills; and willingness to work collaboratively and fluidly in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
Hands-on experience with fabrication, assembly, and testing of complex mechanical systems is strongly recommended. Experience managing a technical team would be highly desirable. Job #16152
Resumes should be submitted with a cover letter specifically addressing why you feel qualified for this position. Resumes without a cover letter will not be considered.
MECHANICAL ENGINEER, Plasma Science and Fusion Center (PSFC), to participate in the design, fabrication, and testing of cryogenic superconducting magnet systems--and as the project evolves--the other major subsystems required in a high-field superconducting tokamak. The complex mechanical systems required will present demanding challenges for an experienced engineer and require innovative and robust mechanical solutions.
PSFC is an internationally recognized facility at the forefront of plasma physics and fusion energy research. It recently announced a new, accelerated pathway to fusion energy based on the development and demonstration of the world's highest performing superconducting fusion magnets and the design of the first net-energy fusion device--the SPARC tokamak. PSFC seeks individuals who want to work in the fast-paced, team-oriented environment of the SPARC project to achieve net fusion energy on an aggressive timescale to help combat global climate change.
Harvard Apparatus, the most recognized and trusted name in bioscience research equipment and devices, designs and manufactures high quality, reliable and easy-to-use products used around the world by scientists and researchers.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Design and develop components, mechanisms, enclosures and electromechanical systems.
Incorporate DFM practices into designs such as ease of manufacture, availability of materials, ease of assembly, modular design, and cost.
Develop product documentation for transfer to manufacturing.
Assist and support manufacturing for existing products.
Direct daily activities of technicians and coop students
- Mechanical Engineering degree
- 5+ years of experience related to listed duties and responsibilities
3D modeling with SOLIDWORKS, ANSI drafting standards and GD&T.
Experience using ePDM vault
Understanding of manufacturing materials and practices (milling, turning, sheet metal, plastics)
Use of WINDOWS applications: Word, Excel, Powerpoint, MS Project.
Proven ability bringing products from concept to production.
Familiarity with motion control and use of mechanical mechanisms for precision positioning.
Proven ability dealing with vendors to resolve mechanical issues
Ability to work within an ISO9001 design environment
Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
Ability to follow through with tasks and meet or exceed project timelines
Analytical skills and determination to implement unique and effective solutions to difficult problems
Solid technical aptitude with an innate ability to analyze and coordinate data
Mechanical EngineerReq I D
Provides technical contribution within an area of expertise as a member of a multidisciplinary team of engineers in the Research and Development division.
Leads requirement, analysis, detailed design and verification activities for a section of a complete product. Collaborates with other team members on the overall design of the final product, under the guidance of the project leader. Essential Duties and
• Completes activities with robust performance through a plan or program • Applies technical competencies in somewhat difficult situations • Identifies technical problems and provides innovative and creative solutions • Shares technical knowledge with others in the team • Generates alternatives and takes reasonable risks while solving technical problems • Generates detailed, high quality technical documentation to capture and communicate designs • Seeks knowledge of the business, market, industry and competitive environment • Completes assigned tasks on time with minimal supervision • Uses existing tools and best practices to report and track product and process metrics • Informs others proactively about developments or issues that affect their work, and their ability to meet commitments • Uses collaborative communication style to negotiate win-win outcomes • Debate constructively and accepts ideas from others • Tends to be seen as original and value-added in brainstorming sessions • Generates alternative solutions to problems or processes • This role does not have supervisory responsibility Required Experience, Education and
• BS Degree (preferably in a technical discipline) • 4+ years of engineering experience, or comparable experience • Strong organizational and communication skills • Proficient problem solving skills • Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work collaboratively with others in a team environment • Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Engineering software • Proficient in 3D modeling utilizing CAD software (Solid Edge or SolidWorks) • Experience with updating/creating engineering drawings • Experience in the medical device industry is preferred • Experience with project management is preferred • Thrives on change and adapts to leader initiated changes • 2+ years working in cross functional teams consisting of discipline specific engineers, or comparable experience.
- Draw Walk-In Cooler and Freezer Boxes utilizing Solidworks according to customer sketches and dimensions.
- Understand all aspects of construction, including load ratings, design requirements, and affiliated agencies
- Translate final customer approved drawings into manufacturing specifications and work orders.
- Assist in cost reductions related to product manufacturing.
- Assist department manager with complex designs.
- Remain informed of new engineering technologies and techniques to enhance and improve products.
- Communicate effectively with sales, shop floor personnel, quality technicians, suppliers, and vendors.
- 3+ years’ experience as a manufacturing or mechanical engineer, ideally designing cooler enclosures.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering.
- Knowledge and experience with NSF, UL, and other affiliated agencies.
- Experience with SolidWorks or similar CAD software.
- Ability to establish and maintain positive and effective work relationships with coworkers, customers, and salespeople.
You can learn more about us at www.storflex.com.
Work for a successful engineering and machine manufacturing company just north of Minneapolis. This is a great opportunity for a Mechanical Engineer to work on custom equipment and to grow with a well established and successful engineering and machine manufacturing company.
The Mechanical Engineers are expected to take the customer requirements for a project and layout the machine and design and detail all parts as necessary. Suppliers need to be researched and communicated with in a professional manner. Bills of materials need to be developed in order to send to purchasing to procure. ME's stay involved with project to continue to work out problems and fully meet the customers custom design. The right candidate must have good work ethic and ability to work as a team player.
*Qualified candidates should have a degree in Mechanical Engineering.
*Experience with Autodesk Inventor as its 3D modeling and CAD software is required.
*Solidworks experience is a plus.
Oversee all levels of engineering as a project engineer for industrial material handling projects, including the following:
- Provide competent and appropriate correspondence with all involved disciplines (i.e.: structural, mechanical, electrical, automation, project managers, contractors, etc.).
- Assist in plant layout, equipment selection, and process design.
- Design appropriate mechanical systems in accordance with respective code requirements and sound engineering principles, including:
- Conveying systems (belt, chain, elevator, pneumatic)
- Hoppers, discharge hoods, chute work, belt loaders, etc.
- Mechanical support structures
- Dust collection systems
- Miscellaneous mechanical systems
- Air and fluid systems and piping
- Develop complete sets of fully detailed engineering drawings, with clear and concise specifications using AutoCAD software.
- Capably participate in project meetings (i.e.: design development, value engineering, discipline coordination), site visits, etc.
- Contribute to an amicable working environment with fellow colleagues, associates, and employees to provide excellent customer service and meet project deadlines.
M.S. or B.S. – Mechanical engineering with familiarity of industrial material handling processes design and/or construction (2-5 years’ relevant experience).
401k, Short term disability, long term disability, dental, vision. flex-spending medical account, life insurance, competitive salary
- Nashville, Tenn.-based Bridgestone Americas, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of Bridgestone Corporation, the world’s largest tire and rubber company.
- Bridgestone Americas and its subsidiaries develop, manufacture and market a wide range of Bridgestone, Firestone and associate brand tires to address the needs of a broad range of customers, including consumers, automotive and commercial vehicle original equipment manufacturers, and those in the agricultural, forestry and mining industries.
- The companies are also engaged in retreading operations throughout the Western Hemisphere and produce air springs, roofing materials, and industrial fibers and textiles. The Bridgestone Americas family of companies also operates the world’s largest chain of automotive tire and service centers.
- Guided by its One Team, One Planet message, the company is dedicated to achieving a positive environmental impact in all of the communities it calls home.
- BS Mechanical Engineering degree required.
- Minimum 2 year of engineering experience in manufacturing environment.
- Prefer experience in project management, equipment setting, hydraulics, pneumatics, pumps, piping, conveyors, foundations, structural steel, leveling/alignment, welding, machine design, installation and startup; and a working knowledge of SAP, MS Project, AutoCAD and MS Office.
NV5 (NASDAQ: NVEE) is a provider of professional and technical engineering and consulting solutions to public and private sector clients in the infrastructure, energy, construction, program management and environmental markets. NV5 is an ENR Top 500 firm; we offer a full range of professional services in offices throughout the U.S.
The basic function of the Mechanical Engineer position is to work with more senior staff members in the development of plans and specifications on a number of concurrent design projects and apply engineering theories and concepts learned in college to design projects.
Perform entry level professional engineering tasks in the mechanical discipline under the supervision of more senior staff members in order to develop design documents.
May obtain field data by conducting field visits to project sites both in state and out of state. Document existing conditions. May require overnight travel.
Solve standard engineering problems.
May communicate with clients or architects to resolve issues with engineering designs.
Obtain knowledge of building codes and stay current with building code changes.
Perform equipment takeoffs for cost estimating purposes.Be able to design and lay out routine portions of a project using Revit, AutoCAD MEP, or other means.
Work with more senior engineers to determine the most appropriate concept for the engineering system being designed or re-designed.
May take other engineers' rough plan mark-ups to create final design documents.
Perform engineering calculations as well as operate various software packages related to various portions of the design package as directed by more senior staff members.
Using knowledge of the kinds of projects the firm designs, be able to specify portions of the engineering system from catalogs or other resources. This typically involves the application of special knowledge to design effective engineering solutions.
Perform CAD functions proficiently in the mechanical discipline and will use Revit and/or AutoCAD MEP software to transfer design concepts to a format acceptable to the client, architect and/or construction company.
Preferred candidates will have a four-year degree from an ABET-accredited engineering program with some cooperative educational experience. In the absence of a BSME, may consider applicants with equivalent combination of work experience and education.
Must have an understanding of the engineering principles in the mechanical discipline he/she is designing.
Must be proficient in the operation of a computer and AutoCAD.
Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Follows and accepts work rules and procedures.
Accepts direction and supervision.
This is a full-time position (40 hours per week on Monday – Friday 8:00am to 5:00pm), with the ability to work on-call and extended hours (including after hours, holidays and weekends). The job is performed primarily in an indoor office environment with occasional driving to commercial and institutional job site locations and outdoor activities at the site (including mechanical rooms, rooftops, and buildings). The employee must be able to perform, in a safe manner at all times, the following essential functions and requirements:
The employee frequently sits or stands in the same location with opportunity to move about; occasionally walks substantial distances at job site locations; regularly thinks, concentrates, analyzes, interprets, interacts with others, and communicates orally and in writing; regularly uses a computer (keyboard and mouse); regularly reads, sees, hears, and speaks; frequently uses hands to write, type, finger, handle, or feel; occasionally reaches with hands and arms; occasionally bends, stoops, and lifts or moves up to 30 pounds (and greater weights infrequently); occasionally climbs ladders and stairs.
NV5 offers a complete and competitive benefits package.
NV5 provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. NV5 complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Kelly Engineering is looking for a Mechanical Engineer for a Aerospace company in the Western FL region. This is a perm position and they are ready to hire.
Some of the skill sets and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Knowledge or mechanical and aerospace engineering
Experience in aerospace or aircraft hydraulic design is preferred
Bachelor's Degree is preferred. 3-5 Years is preferred
Develops conceptual and detailed product specifications by analyzing performance and customer requirements
Investigates design factors such as function, materials, performance, interchangeability, cost, operational efficiency, and contractual requirements
May develops preliminary designs from customer input and descriptive information provided by others
Applies scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and measure the outcome and consequence of design alternatives
Interprets and validates test results for accuracy and precision
Recommends product qualification procedures and parameters to achieve customer and product reliability and safety standards
Writes supporting documentation for procedures and technical reports; may write technical responses or proposals for customers
Contributes to the completion milestones associated with specific projects
Reviews product specifications to ensure clarity, completeness, form, fit, function, and conformity to standards and procedures
Identifies design errors, omissions, and other deficiencies, and recommends revisions, engineering change orders, and improvements to engineering management or the project team
Builds quality into work and has the authority to ensure processes are consistent with quality objectives in performing all job duties
If you are interested and a fit please send your resume to Kristie at firstname.lastname@example.org
Kelly puts you in charge of your career, with access to cutting edge projects and technologies in industry leading organizations. Top companies throughout the world have trusted Kelly as a premier source of engineering talent and services since 1965. And engineering job seekers know Kelly as a firm with an unmatched reputation for quality, integrity and professionalism. Whether you seek the variety and flexibility of working on short term project engagements, or prefer contract-to-hire or direct hire placement with our clients, apply with Kelly to explore opportunities that suit your specific professional interests.
As a workforce advocate for over 70 years, we are proud to directly employ nearly 500,000 people around the world and have a role in connecting thousands more with work through our global network of talent suppliers and partners. Revenue in 2017 was $5.4 billion. Visit kellyservices.com and connect with us on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer including, but not limited to, Minorities, Females, Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!