Mechanical Engineer Job Description Sample
Martha & Marley Spoon is bringing delightful, market fresh and easy cooking back to the people. Our chefs create inspiring and mouthwatering recipes every week. You select what you would like to cook and we deliver the recipes and all the ingredients you need. We use technology to re-invent the food supply chain while reducing unethical food waste and directly connecting consumers with quality producers. In order to achieve this, we are solving challenging problems in taste profiling, behavior prediction and real-time logistics.
But in the end it's simple: We started Marley Spoon because we love cooking and we love eating!
To manage our rapid growth, we are looking for an entrepreneurial Mechanical Engineer in our Tracy, CA facility.
- Build Martha & Marley Spoon US fulfillment operations for meeting growth targets, execute strategic plan for Capital expenditure
- Automate production processes for reducing labor cost and increasing site production capacity
- Develop, maintenance procedures and Plan, undertake scheduled preventative and predictive maintenance
- Improve Overall Equipment Effectiveness as per industry standards by working on equipment availability, performance and quality of output
- Collaborate with the production team for day-to-day operations, provide technical support for the facility from end-to-end and achieve all operational objectives
- Maintain stock of critical spares for all equipment at site
- Collaborate with other production teams around the world, develop and share best practices and drive innovation of global processes
- Work with key stakeholders to ensure seamless end-to-end workflow and constantly strive for operational excellence
- Ensure compliance with health and safety legislation
- Bachelors Degree in related field or equivalent experience
- 2+ years of experience in all aspects of machine maintenance, i.e. mechanical, electrical, instrumentation, and Capital Projects
- Demonstrated ability to build and motivate a team
- Demonstrated ability to develop and introduce best practices in the maintenance function
- Self-reliant, quality committed, and creative in problem solving
- Strong attention to detail and passion for perfection
- Experience in FMCG / Ultra Fresh products is a plus
- PLC programming and knowledge is a plus
- Rapid growth in building a global brand
- A young, dynamic team with big ambitions
- Autonomy in your work and clear career progression opportunities
- Comprehensive Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Free Food, Paid Time Off and more!
Job Responsibilities: PRIMARY FUNCTION
Provide support during the development of design and technical systems for projects from schematics through construction administration.
Perform design and/or engineering duties as directed by the project team leader.
Support the Discipline Team Leader in the documentation process.
Support the development of building system concepts for projects.
Support material and product research for projects.
Attend project meetings when requested.
Perform other project-related tasks as assigned by the Discipline Team Leader.
Perform other duties as delegated by the supervisor.
SKILL, KNOWLEDGE, EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree preferred.
LEED Accredited preferred.
Minimum two years' experience in the A/E industry preferred.
Good written and verbal communication skills.
Computer and CADD literate.
Self-motivated, enthusiastic and flexible.
Other Job Information (if applicable): PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
Capable of traveling to and from project sites for attending client, project and construction meetings.
Ability to access existing and new project sites for observation, investigation and evaluation purposes.
Ability to use equipment for communication and documentation purposes.
Visual acuity to perform responsibilities.
SAIC is seeking a Mechanical Engineer on the OMES II contract in support of the Restore-L program in the Satellite Servicing Projects Division (SSPD) at NASA Goddard Space Flight Center. This position is located in Greenbelt, MD.
The Satellite Servicing Projects Division at NASA GSFC develops technology to advance the state of robotic servicing technology to enable the routine servicing of satellites that were not designed with servicing in mind. Also, the division develops technology for in-space repair, maintenance, assembly, manufacturing, and satellite disposal.
The Restore-L mission is a Goddard Space Flight Center (GSFC) Satellite Servicing Project Division (SSPD) managed mission. Restore-L is a robotic servicing mission designed to refuel a Low Earth Orbit (LEO) satellite. It contains 3 elements: the Flight Element comprised of the Restore-L Servicing Vehicle (RSV) and development testbeds, the Ground Element comprised of the systems required to conduct RSV operations and the supporting networks and facilities, and the Launch Element comprised of the Launch Vehicle and supporting facilities and services. The SSPD is responsible for the design, engineering, development, test and operations of the Restore-L Mission through an integrated team at GSFC. The Servicing Payload design, development and RSV integration will be conducted at GSFC.
The Mechanical Engineer will provide mechanical engineering support to the Restore-L Tools team.
Job duties include:
Perform design, analysis, and test of complex materials, structural components, functional systems, and tool assemblies for both engineering unit and flight hardware
Develop static and dynamic designs and analysis of mechanical systems, equipment and packages
Design, document, and model mechanical designs and solutions
Develop original designs and elaborate on or update preliminary and legacy design concepts
Conduct feasibility studies and testing on new and modified designs
Provide design information to drafting for packaging documentation
Evaluate completed designs with team members and management and make modifications necessary to achieve the most ideal design
Develop and coordinate test programs required to evaluate design work, engineering unit hardware, and flight hardware
Support the design and fabrication of the mechanical ground support equipment (MGSE) to safely handle critical and flight hardware
Work in lab and cleanroom facilities with hardware, ground support equipment, and test equipment
Ensure that the quality, accuracy, and integrity of your technical documentation, reports, and deliverables comply with NASA and Restore-L standards, project plans, and policies
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering
Must be able to pass a Government background investigation
Practical experience using principles, theories, concepts, and techniques in solving mechanical engineering problems, with the ability to perform trade studies, develop conceptual configurations, engineer piece-parts and mechanical systems, and facilitate the fabrication, assembly, and qualification of MGSE and flight hardware
Practical experience using CREO, or equivalent CAD software. Experience with CREO mechanism modeling module is a plus.
Experience in mechanical engineering disciplines for the design, analysis and test of mechanical hardware, preferably including engineering mechanics (statics and dynamics), strength of materials, structural design, machine design, structural/mechanical testing, manufacturing engineering, mechanical systems, and machine shop practices
Strong communication skills and ability to interface with engineers, analysts, designers, manufacturing specialists, machine shop, flight techs, and project staff
Knowledge of NASA mechanical/mechanism design criteria and standard practices
Knowledge of materials, treatments, and coatings related to space-flight design and operation of mechanisms
Experience developing and delivering mechanical hardware, assemblies, and mechanical systems
An advanced working knowledge of space flight mechanisms with a focus on: actuators, motors, power transmission, bearing design, electro-mechanical mechanisms, and tribology
Hands-on experience in mechanical integration of spacecraft flight systems, especially in a clean room and/or high bay
Experience with Configuration Management Systems (TDMS, Windchill, equivalent)
Firm grasp and understanding of ANSI drafting and tolerance standards
Ability to create and tolerance individual piece-parts and assembly drawings
Understanding of advanced fabrication and manufacturing methods
Knowledge of mechanical design as it relates to 1-G mechanism development, testing, and operations
Demonstrated experience with space robotics, vision systems, end-effectors, and tools
Environmental testing experience (thermal, vibration, shock) as it relates to verification and validation of ground and space-flight hardware
Knowledge of General Environmental Verification Specification (GEVS) and NASA 5017
Working knowledge of materials, coatings, and related processes as it applies to space-flight hardware
Practical knowledge of Standards for Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T)
Experience planning for and leading complex mechanical integration activities.
Experience writing assembly and test procedures, process requirements, and mechanical hardware requirements
Experience with NASA mission life cycle and review cycle (design reviews, requirements reviews, integration reviews, trade studies, etc.)
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Who is Stanley Black & Decker?
We are the leader in tools and security. We are Stanley Tools. We are DEWALT. We are Mac Tools. We are Vidmar. And we are much more. We are the doors that protect you at airports. We are the lock and deadbolt on your front door. We are the hydraulic breakers that rescue trapped earthquake survivors. We are the people on the phone in an emergency. No matter where you live, what car you drive, what stores you shop at, or what building you work in, you can bet that we had a hand in making it work. And you can guarantee that we'll keep making it work.
DeWalt Industrial Tools, a brand of Stanley Black & Decker, seeks mechanical engineer / senior mechanical engineer to join the Cordless Products Innovation Team at our worldwide design headquarters in Towson, Maryland.
Work closely with the Innovation Manager and other team members to ensure that end user needs identified through research are satisfied by the delivery of innovative design solutions.
Work with the local Engineering team in the Pre-Milestone phase to ensure concepts are handed over smoothly for high volume manufacture.
Generate product ideas and layouts and demonstrate them with sketches, CAD drawings and working prototypes.
Work with rapid prototyping techniques to deliver working prototypes in a short timeframe including assembly and testing.
Work closely with the Patent Department to review existing patents for clearance and to generate new IP for protection.
Participate in consumer research and work closely with the Marketing team to help identify product requirements.
Participate in brainstorming new ideas and apply innovative problem solving skills to support the product road.
Prepare for (and participate in when required) design reviews with Engineering and Marketing managers.
Present projects to a large audience with enthusiasm and passion.
Develop a broad knowledge of products and mechanisms.
Use established Stanley Black & Decker development processes, good engineering practice and discipline to deliver robust design solutions in an agreed timeframe.
Work closely with the Industrial Design Department to help visualize concepts to their best intent.
Champion cost effective great design to produce products that meet all performance and functional criteria
- B.S or M.S in Mechanical Engineering or Product Design or equivalent from ABET Accredited Institution or equivalent
- 2 to 5 years relevant work experience, power tools or consumer products
Knowledge & Skills:
Experience in CATIA V5 or similar design package for 3D model development following best practices is preferred.
Knowledge of components and materials used in the design of consumer durable products.
Sound understanding and knowledge of basic physical principles.
Self motivated with a high degree of creativity and initiative.
Lateral thinking with the ability to provide robust design solutions for high volume manufacture
Available to travel globally as required to support research & projects.
- Break down scope of work into definable tasks (WBS development).
- Review and comprehend technical and administrative documents such as Requests for Proposals(RFPs) and Requests for Quotes (RFQs).
- Generate and prepare mechanical submittals per specifications
- General material requisitions for all mechanical components for buy out
- Be responsible to field, office, and vendor/subcontractor questions
- Function as a project estimator / discipline estimator in development of cost proposals.
- Determine list of material takeoffs to define quantities of work materials (i.e. BOM or BOQ and price)
- Strong technical knowledge in mechanical construction, HVAC, plumbing, and fire protection
- Passionate about best practices and excellence in the industry.
- Experience in a mechanical contracting environment is a plus
- Knowledge of building construction, materials, systems, market conditions, and trade practices.
- Exposure to major projects (i.e. office buildings, hi-rise, hospital/healthcare, hospitality, hi-tech, biopharma, higher education, laboratory, and government project experience); International experience is a plus
- Field experience is a plus
- Minimum 5 years of mechanical construction career progression with an emphasis on estimating and preconstruction
- Undergraduate degree from an accredited university in Mechanical Engineering
- Some international travel might be required
- U.S. Gov/Federal Experience
- Must be a U.S. citizen and able to obtain and maintain a security clearance (must be able to pass a criminal and credit background check); current clearance is a plus
Vetegrity manages and directs the facility engineering design, construction & renovation, maintenance programs, and raised floor infrastructure for mission-critical DoD data centers.
- Provides assistance in the development of projects and services with supporting engineering calculations to include rough sizing of mechanical systems, piping, ductwork and other facility systems and mechanical components
- Provides reviews of complex designs and draft Statements of Work and Performance Work Statements
- Supports project execution with engineering assistance for technical reviews and providing recommendations to the Government representative regarding contract status with schedule
- Periodic site visits to customer data centers for data collection, commissioning and other project support is required
- Must be able to work in a small team environment
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering from an accredited College or University
- 5 years of experience in building mechanical systems for data centers
- 2 years of experience commissioning building mechanical systems for critical infrastructure
- Background in project management
- Must be proficient with office automation software (MS Office, AutoCAD)
- Professional Engineering License preferred
- Secret security clearance
Vetegrity is an employee-focused small business, founded in 2008. We are dedicated to supporting the missions of the Intelligence Community and the Department of Defense. Vetegrity is a Service Disabled, Veteran-Owned Small Business.
We offer competitive compensation and benefits to include:
- Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) + Federal Holidays
- 401k with Employer Match
- Profit Sharing
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Flex Spending Account
- Life Insurance, Long & Short-Term Disability
- Supplemental Insurance
- Employee Referral Program
- Performance Incentives
- On-The-Spot Rewards
If you’re interested in learning more about this opportunity and/or Vetegrity, send your resume to email@example.com today!
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- Hands-on experience in design, development and launch of high-volume consumer electronic product is a must.
- Requires strong design skills, managing through ambiguity, and technical problem solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, influencing, leadership, verbal and written communication skills required.
- Proficiency in PTC Creo or Wildfire strongly desired.
- Proficiency in statistical tolerance analysis strongly desired.
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineer
- 5-10 years of relevant experience
We are looking for a Mechanical Engineer with strong experience building storage, networking, or server equipment, or electromechanical products, devices or equipment. The candidate will be passionate about identifying, developing and delivering the next generation disruptive infrastructure technologies that support the continued innovation, integration and acquisition of Facebook's world leading applications.
This is an intellectually complex and operationally challenging role that will afford the opportunity to lead the way the technology industry deploys hardware infrastructure at scale! The Mechanical Engineering group supports all the product teams, such as servers, storage, networking, connectivity and data centers. Each product team is responsible for building a specific piece of the infrastructure to connect people across the world.
Facebook supports this effort through the Open Compute Project (OCP) and internet.org where we seek to make Internet connectivity available to all. This is a unique opportunity to join our team and help us build the world's most open and efficient connectivity platforms. This position is full-time and located in our Austin office.
- Specification, design, prototyping and testing of devices and products for server, storage, or network systems, for use in communication devices and data centers.
Work closely with the hardware, thermal, software, supply chain and outside partner teams to ensure project goals and schedules are met.
Validate product performance against requirements from many internal customers using design and simulation tools.
Perform part and assembly level tolerance analysis, motion and performance studies.
Quickly iterate through various design concepts, bringing them to life via fast prototypes that can be fabricated with assistance from our prototyping lab.
Create test plans, design test equipment and undertake testing procedures to verify design performance.
Create documentation and specifications suitable for prototyping, quoting and production.
Work with contract manufacturing partners through the design-for-manufacturing process and engineering verification stages required to move the product from prototype to production.
Support our manufacturing partners by working on-site with their overseas design and manufacturing teams.
- Bachelor's degree in mechanical or mechatronic engineering or equivalent industry experience.
Minimum 5 years' experience designing and shipping commercial products.
Knowledge with 3D CAD software such as SolidWorks or Pro/Engineer.
Experience optimizing product designs using FEA and CFD for shock and vibe, thermal and certification performance.
Experienced with a variety of electronic interconnection types and their various performance pros and cons.
Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Reference #
About Mettler Toledo
Working at Mettler Toledo means you are impacting the world in important ways. Our precision measuring devices span the world's laboratories, production facilities, and retail stores. We manufacture, sell, and service instruments that detect, measure, and weigh - from the infinitely small to the largest of vehicles or airplanes.
We help feed the world. We impact how food is produced, packaged and made safe.
We help keep you healthy. Our instruments make it possible for scientists to develop new drugs and bring life-saving medicines to the world.
Mettler Toledo products are important to the production and consistent quality of every kind of consumer product.
No matter how far human kind goes to explore new frontiers, Mettler Toledo is there to help make it happen.
Our Opening and Your Responsibilities
The Mechanical Engineer is responsible for design of custom weighing and product handling machinery per customer requirements using developed modularization, industry standard components, and when required, components of original design. He/she is also responsible for participating in new production development where required.
Designs systems with principles of Design for Manufacture, Assembly and Serviceability by working with production, assembly and outside vendors to understand process capabilities and limitations to reduce cost and improve quality.
Designs systems which are able to accurately meet customer requirements and expectations.
Designs systems according to a defined schedule.
Provide periodic design consultation to the shop floor through continuous monitoring, interaction, and direct support request.
Support new material set up, by creating as well as updating essential master data as required.
Maintains highest achievable 5S ratings throughout all areas of responsibility.
Other duties and tasks as assigned.
What You Need to Succeed
Ability to work within a fast paced, team oriented environment with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Ability to reach out to and work with other teams as required through self motivation and understanding of End to End process implications.
Ability to create, update, and maintain data as required.
Strong organization skills, with a high attention to detail.
Knowledge of GD&T
Proficient with Autodesk Inventor, Siemens Team Center, & SAP.
Fluent computer skills in Microsoft Office based programs.
Experience in automated machinery design, including conveyors and material handling in a manufacturing environment is preferred.
Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering preferred, other disciplines accepted with experience. Technical degrees accepted with minimum of 3 – 5 years of relevant experience.
Our Offer to You
Medical, dental and vision care coverage and a 401(k) savings plan with company matching – all starting on date of hire
Tuition reimbursement, employee wellness programs, plus other perks and discounts
All the usual benefits such as paid time off, flexible spending, short-and long-term disability, basic life insurance, business travel insurance, Employee Assistance Program, and domestic partner benefits
Global market strength and worldwide leadership in weighing
A brand name that is identified worldwide with precision, quality, and innovation
Thousands of patents, design and innovation awards
A commitment to extraordinary service on our state-of-the-art equipment
Equal Opportunity Employment
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We give consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other protected classification. If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click here.
Mettler Toledo endeavors to make www.mt.com accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact us at EEO@mt.com.
For those who prioritize precision, Mettler Toledo is precisely where you belong.
United States of America - Virginia, Springfield
AECOM has an opportunity for a
Mechanical Engineer at our Springfield, VA location. The selected candidate will research and analyze data such as customer design proposal, specifications, and manuals to determine feasibility of design or application.
Research and analyze data such as customer design proposal, specifications, and manuals to determine feasibility of design or application.
Design products or systems in support of facilities' infrastructure, research, or maintenance requirements.
Coordinate, troubleshoot, and approve installation activities as inspection services to ensure products and systems conform to engineering design and specifications.
Perform all other position related duties as assigned or requested.
Must be a US Citizen.
Must be able to obtain and maintain a TS security clearance.
Bachelor's degree in Engineering, or related scientific field.
A minimum of three (3) years of job-related experience or equivalent.
Good communication and analytical skills; working knowledge of computer systems and integrated software application programs. Position may require travel.
- Active, fully adjudicated TS/SCI w/poly is preferred.
What We Offer
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is
pioneering the future . Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions
inclusion, diversity and overall
employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our
core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only
delivering a better world , but working to "make amazing happen" in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person's potential, and we'll help you reach yours.
Job Category Transportation Operations Management / Traffic Monitoring
Business Line Management Services
Business Group Management Services Group (MS)
Country United States of America
Position Status Full-Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 209611BR
Clearance Required Yes
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!