Mechanical Engineering Technician Job Description Sample
Mechanical Engineering Technician
Mechanical Engineering Technician
Kelly Engineering is looking for a Mechanical Engineering Technician for a position in the Herndon, VA area. This is a Contract to Direct Hire position.
This position is going to be working on the Engineering team as a Engineering-Maintenance Technician. The right candidate will be open to the overnight shift and be experienced with manufacturing processes and equipment:
Perform & document routine preventative maintenance and calibration procedures on the required schedule for all manufacturing equipment
Execute experimental and validation protocols developed for equipment and process qualifications
Install and repair manufacturing equipment
Executing methods used in the prevention, control, or remediation of safety hazards.
Assist Manufacturing Engineers with developing, documenting, assembling, and testing computer-controlled mechanical systems
Assist Manufacturing Engineers with revisions and improvements to manufacturing methods and procedures
If you are interested and a fit please email Kristie at Krih962@kellyservices.com
Mechanical Engineering Technician
The Mechanical Engineering Technician will be working on design and development of energy based surgical devices. This is an important role in the R&D department, providing design expertise to the team during the development of new products. The position requires a team-oriented individual with strong design skills.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Serve as a mechanical engineering technician for development of innovative surgical devices.
Design high-precision machined, extruded and plastic injection molded components.
Design complex assemblies capable of achieving overall device requirements.
Create engineering and production level drawings for components and assemblies
Evaluate and apply design tradeoffs and constraints for design optimization
Ensure product design robustness through appropriate testing.
Develop tooling and assembly methods for new products
Develop and fabricate design prototypes for evaluation in user labs
Experimentation and testing to prove feasibility of new ideas and concepts
Apply DFSS, DFA, DFM, Design for Lean and other fundamental engineering principles.
Support design verification and process validations.
Ensure that development work follows established design control processes
Develop product knowledge to provide technical expertise to other functional areas.
Interface with suppliers
- Associate of Science degree or other relevant technical degree/certification required.
A minimum of 5+ years of experience is required.
Previous medical device (Class II or Class III) product development experience required
Proficient in CAD, tolerance stack-ups and drawing reviews. Knowledge of GD&T
Strong track record in product design and development
Good understanding of plastic component design, injection molding and extrusion
Experience with a variety of manufacturing processes, for example machining, molding, joining, forming, additive manufacturing
Material selection based on analysis of mechanical, electrical and thermal properties
Understanding of DFSS, DFM and Design for Lean activities in early phases of product design
Design verification protocol and report writing
Experience from working with vendors.
Demonstrated problem solving skills
High attention to detail
Ability to effectively handle conflict through proactive action and direct and timely communication
Excellent time management skills
Good verbal and written communication skills
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, sit, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
EMPLOYMENT WITH APYX MEDICAL
All employment with Apyx Medical is considered employment-at-will. Employment-at-will means that either party can sever the employment at any time for any reason. Additionally, the responsibilities and functions outlined in the description may be changed or modified at any time by Apyx Medical in response to its changing needs and at its sole and absolute discretion.
Join the team where we offer a rewarding work experience, compensation and benefits package. Salary is commensurate with professional experience. For immediate consideration, please forward your resume, along with salary requirements, to: Amy Cascio, Apyx Medical Corporation, 5115 Ulmerton Road, Clearwater, FL 33760-4004 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mechanical Engineering Technician
Bevi is a Series B startup bringing customizable, healthy hydration to offices and facilities across the US and Canada. Founded in 2013, our co-founders set out to out-design bottled water. Within five years time, Bevi has saved the waste generated by over 50 million plastic bottles and seen revenue grow by 50x over the past 2 years! With offices now in Boston, New York, and San Francisco, we continue to grow our healthy flavor offerings and constantly strive to bring the next level of customization to the Bevi hydration experience.
We are looking for an Mechanical Engineering Technician who can work as a key member of our multidisciplinary engineering team to support on tasks ranging from machine builds to data collection to design projects. You should be comfortable multitasking and generating deliverables with the appropriate level of detail.
What you will do:
- Work with product, engineering and R&D teams to create world class refreshment experiences
- Build engineering prototypes and/or rework existing systems for lab and field testing
- Evaluate components and systems for reliability, cost and technical fit
- Design, build, and run experiments and engineering test fixtures. Compile test data and results.
- Provide feedback to engineering team on machine design and performance-related issues
- Maintain lab inventory, tools and equipment, manage shipping and receiving for lab.
How you will grow:
- Become an internal team expert and “go-to” individual on the Bevi machine and its operation.
- Engage with a talented Hardware Engineering team from diverse backgrounds.
- Learn cross-functionally from Service Operations team, Product Design team, and others.
- Work at the heart of a start-up in high-growth mode where personal ownership of technical deliverables contribute directly to the success of the business
- Deploy your energy and expertise to further the company's mission of sustainability, wellness, and positive personal and environmental change.
We think you will bring:
- Proven track record building or repairing complicated systems. Hydraulic system or plumbing experience is a plus.
- Experience with smart systems and data acquisition techniques.
- Experience with various manufacturing methods including machine shop equipment and 3D printing
- Ability to open, read and interpret CAD models and drawings. Solidworks experience is a plus.
- Aptitude and desire to work in a dynamic environment in a self-motivated, action-oriented fashion.
- Ability to work well in a team environment.
- Comfortable with open-ended direction, seeking out answers, and working independently when necessary
- Strong interpersonal skills and excellent oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated organizational, planning and prioritization skills
- Ideal candidate will have 5+ years of experience
Apply to learn more about what makes Bevi a good place to work and grow!
Engineering Technician 9 - Mechanical Design Manager
Functions in a senior supervisory capacity. Well experienced in engineering design in multiple disciplines.
Manages engineering and design schedules, design activities, and budgets for discipline(s) for a large project(s). May directly manage one discipline and/or coordinate activities involving multiple departments. Principal Duties and Responsibilities Engineering Standards: Communicates and sets appropriate design and graphic standards.
Reviews project requirements and accurately determine the correct format and contents of the required deliverables. Quality / Continuous Improvement: Promotes quality within project/group/section.
Reviews design inputs in order to ensure consistency. Ensures that design deliverables are prepared, coordinated among disciplines and issued in accordance with B&V Quality Assurance Procedures and project specific procedures. Looks for ways to improve applications integration, coordination and communication across disciplines.
Contributes to the continuous improvement of guides and standards. Participates in and leads process improvement activities and assignments. Demonstrates personal accuracy and evaluates department design processes for improvement and drives continuous improvement and change management efforts.
Engineering Production: Applies sound engineering fundamentals and established design practices in developing deliverables. Continues to apply judgment, makes decisions with respect to the work and provides guidance to other professionals.
Coordinates deliverable presentations, delegate's production design, or other electronic applications. Monitors production to assure consistency, budget and schedule of deliverables. Establish the appropriate method for drawing control and historical records.
Programs control systems or participate in other plant start-up activities associated with a specialized expertise area. May lead development activities relating to new/updated design applications or processes. Project Coordination:
Coordinates with other design group personnel to review and exchange project information necessary for design development. May support field activities. May manage multiple discipline area or groups.
Communicates project design requirements, progress and schedules. Client Focus: Responsible for determining identification of key client interests and drivers on projects.
Communicate client interests and drivers to project team members and develop approaches to accommodate these concerns. Knowledge Sharing, Innovation and Technology: Lead in the development and communication of appropriate design standards and process improvement activities.
Identify training and development needs for personnel they supervise and participate in training efforts. Serves as the champion for project tool/application development and improvement for software tools. People Management - (supervision - career development - developing professionals, mentoring): May oversee functions including performance management process, career planning, learning and development, recognition, and corrective actions.
Supervises engineering technicians, including mentoring, instructing, delegation of work and providing feedback. Resource Management - (staffing): Monitors staffing levels and available skill sets for project(s), possibly involving multi-disciplines. Identifies resource application needs and process requirements.
Administrative: Reviews timesheets, expense reports, responsible for communicating the continual development of new hire recruitment, policy and procedure. Minimum Qualifications All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations. Preferred Job Qualifications Associate Degree in Drafting or an Engineering Design Related Technology preferred.
Bachelor Degree in an Engineering Design Related Technology preferred. Typically a minimum of 15 years related work experience. Preferred Non-Technical Competencies: • Drive for Results • Self Development • Customer Focus • Listening • Informing • Decision Quality • Dealing with Ambiguity • Priority Setting • Planning • Delegation Preferred Technical Competencies: • Ability to manage external client based meetings on CADD, information modeling engineering and resource topics. • Advanced knowledge of engineering standards, systems, document control, departmental guides and B&V policies and procedures. • Advanced industry knowledge and technology trends • Advanced knowledge of company quality program • Advanced ability to interpret engineering deliverable content as assigned. • Advanced knowledge of other disciplines • Intermediate knowledge of construction & constructability practices & principles • Advanced knowledge of engineering design principles and applicable design guides related to assigned engineering discipline • Intermediate knowledge of procurement & contract administration • Intermediate knowledge of process, procedures for project controls and estimating • Advanced knowledge of management techniques and company/division HR programs, policies, procedures, and organization structure • Intermediate knowledge of technical aspects of the proposal process • Intermediate financial acumen EEO Statement Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Disabled/Veterans/Females Locations TX-Houston Recruiter John McLaughlin
Director Of Mechanical Engineering (1166)
The Director of Mechanical Engineering will be instrumental in expanding the services of the firm as well as managing and ensuring the overall quality of projects. As a key contributor to expansion of the division, the Director will be responsible for business development, positive client relations, and revenue growth of the division. As a member of leadership, the Director will take a hands-on approach in working with members of the team, overseeing project design and budgets and developing standards to ensure quality and efficiency.
Qualified applicants should possess:
- Bachelor's Degree
- PE Registration
- 10+ years experience as a Mechanical Engineer with experience focused on Buildings projects
- Minimum of 5 years experience managing people and projects
- Demonstrated success in business development and client relations
Sr. Mechanical Engineer Iii, Reliability Engineering
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
The Mechanical Engineer, Reliability Engineering, provides technical leadership and accountability for all Mechanical Engineering aspects of the delivery of capital and tenant improvement projects and engineering services for office/administrative, research and development (R&D) laboratories, clinical manufacturing related facilities, and warehouses at Gilead's Corporate Headquarters in Foster City, CA. Position reports to the Director of Reliability Engineering.
Essential Duties and Job Functions:
The Mechanical Engineer, Reliability Engineering will work effectively on multi-discipline project teams, as well as other non-project related cross-functional teams. The primary focus of the Mechanical Engineer will be to help develop and drive facility infrastructure designs and improvements for capital projects, tenant improvement projects and provide technical support for Gilead operations and maintenance. The Mechanical Engineer will support safety and operations root cause investigation and resolution.
The Mechanical Engineer will represent Gilead Facilities Engineering in multidisciplinary internal/external project teams. This person will collaborate across all functional areas to insure project advancement, rapid and best in class execution, and communication of challenges/opportunities.
The Mechanical Engineer will actively participate in Mechanical Community of Practices, provide leadership and guidance across all campuses.
The Mechanical Engineer will participate in creation and review of Good Engineering practices (GEPs).
The Mechanical Engineer will play a key role in construction projects, including input into budget, schedule, design, procurement, and commissioning and shall be responsible for the following:
Directly supports construction projects by specifying, accepting, reviewing, and overseeing design and facility layouts.
May interface with Authority Having Jurisdiction (AHJ) as required.
Ensures project work complies with established practices, codes, policies and processes.
Represents the Reliability Engineering Team for Project Reviews to implement strategic technical decisions.
Works closely with other functions including finance, validation, operations, labs and facilities operations in reporting project status and adhering to established guidelines and policies.
This position is expected to be an effective communicator of ideas, engineering goals and results. With minimal supervision, the Mechanical Engineer is expected to make presentations and updates to senior management and in broader forums both internal and external to Gilead.
Knowledge, Experience and
Demonstrated ability to effectively work in cross functional teams, meet deadlines, and prioritize multiple projects.
Demonstrated ability to review complex manufacturing processes, material flows, personnel flows, and provide technical support in a GMP environment.
Experience with cGMP/GMP, ICH guidelines, and working within a Quality organization.
Able to apply process principles and analysis, including design of experiments, in order to resolve processing issues and evaluate process improvement opportunities.
Experience working in a self-driven, performance/results oriented, fast paced matrix environment.
Excellent problem solving skills, including issue resolution, root cause investigations, and CAPA.
Able to creatively manage project resources, negotiate to favorable outcomes, and elevate relevant issues to project lead and management.
Strong technical mastery including superior technical writing and presentations.
Detail oriented with excellent verbal communication, influence, and negotiation skills.
Experience with HVAC systems, clean utilities (RO/DI, USP PW), Bioprocessing, Laboratory Gases, Life Safety Systems, Process Utilities, API, and OSD in GMP environments.
Develops, implements, and maintains programs and processes to ensure high quality of operations, and compliance with UBC, current Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs), Good Engineering Practices (GEPs) and Good Laboratory Practices (GLPs).
Experience in containment strategies for GMP and safety environments.
Experience in Pilot Lab, Lab, OSD, API, and Bioprocessing design.
Working knowledge of API, OSD, and Bioprocessing manufacturing operations and equipment is desired.
Able to travel domestically and internationally up to 15% of the time.
BS in Mechanical Engineering or BS in Architectural Engineering and 8 years minimum relevant experience in HVAC, Clean Utility, process and/or analytical technical support.
Professional Engineer in Mechanical Engineering preferred.
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the 'EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
Supervisor, Mechanical Engineering Tech
Company OverviewLennox International (LII) is a leading global provider of innovative climate control solutions for heating, ventilation, air conditioning, and refrigeration (HVACR) markets. Beginning over a century ago, Lennox International has built a strong heritage of Innovation and Responsibility.
Our position as an innovation leader continually inspires us to promote more efficient energy use and a healthier environment through our product operations. Our engaged and diverse workforce is committed to providing climate control solutions that provide the most value and comfort for our customers. We are proud to have instilled a shared sense of responsibility and commitment among our approximately 10,000 employees located throughout North America, South America, Europe, Asia, and Australia.Job Description
Supervises a team of mechanical engineer technicians involved in assisting mechanical engineers in the planning and testing of mechanical components, equipment, and machinery.Assigns technicians to projects to maximize production objectives, maintain quality and attain output requirements. Reviews tests results for complete prototype units and subassemblies under operational conditions.
Analyses data, test results and recommends modifications to components. Reviews and designs test procedures to meet desired specifications. Reviews project instructions and specifications to identify, modify and plan requirements fabrication, assembly and testing. Helps prepare proposals and cost estimates, work load to establish completion dates.
QualificationsRequires a high school diploma or an equivalent combination of education and experience. A two year degree or equivalent is preferred.
Requires at least 5 years related experience. Excellent oral and written communications skills. Expert knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principles involved in production of precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models. Excellent leadership skills.
Mechanical Engineering Intern, Bioinstrumentation
CSBio is a leading biotech company in the peptide industry, and for over 25 years has been providing peptide manufacturing and bioinstrumentation to major academic and industry partners through the R&D, clinical, and commercialization phase for pharmaceutical therapeutics. We are located in the heart of the San Francisco Bay Area in Menlo Park, CA.
We are looking for an individual to assist in developing product design solutions and support bioinstrumentation manufacturing. Job responsibilities include the following:
- Provide product design solutions to meet customer needs through design and preparation of detailed specifications.
- Develop products to improve performance, quality, and regulatory compliance while reducing costs
- Create and update CAD drawings, models, and engineering documents such as work instructions, and BOM's
- Assist with material and component selection, specifications, testing, and analysis as needed
- Support and sustain manufacturing activities and facilitate efficient operations within the production environment
- Optimize existing processes and ensure established production goals are achieved
- Troubleshoot systems and components for timely resolution of quality and production issues
- Write test protocols, performs experiments, and author reports to support product verification efforts
- Perform testing and failure analysis on customer returns
- Bachelor's or higher in Mechanical Engineering
- Strong technical, planning, and communication skills
- Willing to go the extra mile, strong work ethic, resourceful and motivated to deliver results
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneousl
- 6-month paid, full-time internship starting in January 2019
- Potential to convert to full-time employee after internship
Sr. Manager, Mechanical Engineering
The Sr. Manager of Engineering reports to the VP of and plans and directs all aspects of SnapNrack’s Design Engineering, and Compliance Engineering functions:
Lead a high Performing Engineering Organization:
- Direct management of Design, and Compliance Engineering.
- Drive a continuous improvement culture with the team.
- Develops major goals to support broad organizational objectives
- Ensures all engineering projects, initiatives, and processes are in conformance with organization's established policies and objectives
- Manages overall engineering budget and costs
- Manage team to productivity, innovation, and quality metrics, and report to the broader management team.
- Developing and Recruiting top engineering talent
- Drive Engineering team to provide best in class product designs aimed at driving down the cost of residential solar.
- Take a leading role with product management on defining product requirements, as well as prioritizing upcoming products in the funnel
- Provide expert knowledge to on product designs.
- Create and maintain for engineering with in-house design resources, as well as outsourced resources, to ensure scalability for both product/manufacturing scope as well as of products.
- Actively work with Sunrun and other key customers to maintain an understanding of their needs in a dynamic industry.
- With product management, continuously define opportunities with existing products.
- B.S. in Mechanical, Electrical, or Industrial Engineering
- 10 professional experience, at least 7 in engineering management
- Knowledge of both 2-D and 3-D CAD systems, preferably products
- Experience with Structural Design, and Structural Design Codes
- Experience managing external consulting engineering partners
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Physical Demands and Travel:
- Travel up to 25% of the time, heavier during new product launches.
- Able and Willing to climb up on roofs with customers to install and receive feedback
- Typical office duties, including light lifting and working in an office setting for full days.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!